Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 805190 times)

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Re: FitnessBore - 2017 edition
« Reply #7380 on: October 24, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Did we have someone just ask for their account to be nuked?

I feel like we had a page shuffle from how things were laid out last time I checked the thread. :(
MMA

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7381 on: October 24, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
Demi mentioned he changed the post per page amount, prob d/t the gaf page
dur

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7382 on: November 06, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »
Check on the squat 1 rep max!

Was feeling good today, and just had to see if I could hit 405 today.  Especially since at the end of the last bulk when I hit it as my max, I wasn't able to get it recorded.

With only 2 months to go, I'm not sure if the goal of 455lbs is in the cards here, but we'll see. 
MMA

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7383 on: November 29, 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
Fell into an uncovered manhole while running yesterday, fucked my leg up proper :lol Luckily i fell one leg in one leg out.

Oblivion

« Reply #7384 on: December 30, 2017, 02:08:34 AM »
So I haven’t posted in this thread in a long time, but fortunately, it wasn’t because I stopped working out. I’m very happy to say that I’ve more or less, completely recovered from my previous injury. Checking my last stats in this thread, I went from 90 lbs. at 3x9, to  130 lbs. at 3x3 (I was finally able to move away from moderate high weight + high rep back to really heavy weights + low reps). The pain actually went away around September or early October, and since then, I’ve just been trying to build back up my strength.  I’m still not at my best before the injury (which was 140 lbs. at 3x5), and I was hoping to get back to that by the end of the year, but alas, I’ll be missing that milestone.  Still, it seems that the worst of it is over.

Looks like I’m back, bitches! :rock :rock :rock

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7385 on: January 07, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
Man, I'd rather weightlift all-day-long rather than aerobic exercise. I know I need the aerobic exercise more, which makes it worse to my 7-year-old-like contrarian mentality.

I've ditched wheat and grains for now. The first three days went great, yesterday I tried to order a "poutine dog" so it'd be a sausage on french fries, but it ended up being served in a homemade bun, and THERE WENT MY LAST FUCK. So I lapsed, but I'm back on it today.

Most of my life, I've had bread or cereal for breakfast, and I end up being hungry at 10AM and fucking starved and irritable by 11AM. Anything which delayed me past a 12PM lunch would stress me out and make me unhappy.

These first few days of eating eggs and meat or tofu for breakfast, I arrive at 12PM unhurried by appetite, and can hold out until 1PM without problem.

I do find that the compulsion to eat bread is REALLY strong. The rest of my family is still having bread, so there's a stockpile of it. I find my hand reaching for it unconsciously, like some bad horror movie where the body-part transplant recipient is acting out the owner's desires.

Saw this, seemed good to share:
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12128372/sugar-cereal-breakfast-nutrition-facts

Oblivion

« Reply #7386 on: January 08, 2018, 12:13:50 AM »
Deadlifted 135 lbs. today with no elbow pain! :rock

But my right wrist felt really weak, though. I couldn't grasp the bar very tightly on the last few remaining reps.  :'(

Still, overall very happy with today's workout.

El Babua

« Reply #7387 on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:03 AM »
New Year goal is to hit 315 Squat, 405 DL by year's end.

As long as nothing snaps, I just gotta keep hitting the gym!

agrajag

« Reply #7388 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28:17 AM »
finished my first Wendler cycle. Last time I did 5/3/1 I gave up on it, hopefully I'll continue to stay motivated and see some gainz  :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7389 on: January 10, 2018, 07:33:21 AM »
Did y'all see the study on muscle memory? Basically, if you do a few cycles of juice, you'll be able to recover something crazy like 80% of your gainz years down the line even without going back on gear. Anabolics extend the time your cells can tap back into the muscle memory, potentially for the rest of your life as opposed to the normal 15-20 years.

So what I'm thinking is juicing up your 6 year olds, then watch them turn into superstar freak athletes when they hit puberty, profit forever.

Wait I can go back to 11% bodyfat just by looking at pics of me in the past?

:mindblown

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7390 on: January 18, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
Sooo, here's my post-bulk checkup.

This is the third year I did a dedicated fall bulk.  But I consider this one a failure.  By mid-December, I was consistently up to 205lbs in weight.  And I was able to *comfortably* hit 1RMs that I struggled to just *barely* hit last year.

But to actually hit higher PRs?  Just couldn't do it.  On days when I *thought* I was well rested, I tried for a 525lbs deadlift, and couldn't even get the bar up to my knees.  Tried a 315lbs bench, and only made it halfway.

I believe that there is SOME strength gain achieved, but I can't be chasing some ideal state of being rested enough to try for these PRs.  My pants are too damn tight.   

So I think I've just hit the limits of strength gaining for my hybrid goals, without truly focusing on strength increases.  And I can't do that, the strength focus hurts my cardio too much for jiu jitsu.

And in December, I was awarded two stripes on my brown belt, so the focus this year is doubling down on my BJJ, because holy crap, earning my black belt might actually be on the horizon for 2018.
MMA

agrajag

« Reply #7391 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:21 PM »
I see this thread is pretty dead. Anyone still working out? Trying to get fit?

I've been running Wendler's 5/3/1 for about 3 months now. I use an app to do my calculations. I set my one rep maxes low so I could run this program for a long time. I am loving it so far, much more enjoyable than a linear progression to me. I usually work out 6 days a week, taking the Sunday off to relax. I also do active recovery with pushups, pullups and light dumbbell movements every day. And on mondays I play basketball with my work crew.

So who else is staying active?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7392 on: February 12, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »
I’m still doing my thing, just not much to say about things.

Leaning out has been going slow, especially when I spent 10 days away from home for work, which means living out of a hotel room and eating out.  :-\
MMA

Tasty

« Reply #7393 on: March 13, 2018, 01:39:53 AM »
2018 title update plz? Anyways...

Hit the pool today. First time in 11 months.

FUCKING HELL my arms hurt. My technique is rusty but not completely gone as I feared. Only problem is I just don't have the power to push it anymore, so my form quickly goes to shit as I flail. Thankfully, the pain is good and I'll eventually get my strength back the more I do it.

I also walked for a total of over 3 hours around Boston today. Swimming made my arms jelly and walking made my legs jelly.

Background: I've gained somewhere in the realm of 30 pounds in the last two years. Since I was always scrawny I didn't really pay it much attention at first, and was even a little positive for a while... but I definitely have a gut now. And my precious thigh gap is no more. :'( So I'm doing a trial run thing from the start of March until the end of May where I exercise like hell (way more than I ever did before, including for the first time non-pool classes and activities) and cut out shit from my diet (chief among them alcohol on weekdays, and coffee which I've replaced with tea.)

I was telling my friend that while I've always known American food is crammed full of sugar and sodium, I didn't realize how little of it is recommended at a maximum. It's crazy. Two glasses of Sprite will put me way over my day's sugar limit on MyFitnessPal. So I'm trying to be more cognizant of all that stuff too.

By the time these three months are over I intend to go for my Life Guard Certification, and possibly apply to a recreational water polo team. 🤽🏻‍♂️ A side effect, I hope, is a rocking summer bod. 8)

Anyways I'll probably be annoyingly active ITT for the next couple weeks and possibly beyond. :P

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7394 on: March 13, 2018, 03:53:34 AM »
Saturday: One of my suits’ trousers no longer fit. They’d been too large at one point.

Went for a run in Sunday and did some push ups. First real exercise in maybe a year.

Tuesday here now. Went for a run before everyone else got up.

Felt good.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7395 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:28 AM »
Since finishing university and having a regular job, I'm sometimes forced to go jogging early in the morning before work. And I kinda discovered that my stomach often goes haywire during those times. One time I almost thought I'd crap my pants before getting back home. Yesterday I had that same feeling again, and when I got home I had to take such a mean and disgusting shit, I was glad for the shower afterwards  :doge

I've never had those problems before. Weekends I sometimes go for a run in the mornings too, but not as early and there is always a certain amount of time between waking up and being active. So maybe it ain't a good idea to wake up and then to immediately go for a run (after warming up of course). Taking a dump before going out does help sometimes, but most often it doesn't.

Maybe I just get old  :foxx

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7396 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:20 AM »
First run in a few years. Just decided to run for 15 min and see what happens. Ended up on 2.5 km.

Few years ago I was doing 5 in 20  :lol

Didnt really do my best though as my knees are busted and if I push, Ill end on the couch for a week.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7397 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:41 AM »
Yeah, better keep it slow at the beginning. I'm at 10 km in 50 min, but that took me a while to accomplish.

Don't wait a week tho, unless your knees are really hurting. Try it again in two days or so.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7398 on: March 13, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »
I can try again on Saturday I think, going away for two days tomorrow.

Can already feel my calves being tight as hell now.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7399 on: March 18, 2018, 07:53:17 PM »
Since we're all TMIing the hell out of our defecation schedules, maybe I don't get tummy troubles when running because it's the first thing I do every morning. Or "doo-doo every morning."

agrajag

« Reply #7400 on: March 18, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
It's been a mission of mine to grow the size of my calfs and forearms. I've pretty much been doing bodyweight calf raises everyday, weighted twice a week, all sorts of forearm stuff. I'm talking grippers, farmer walks, static holds, reverse curls, hammer curls with fat grips, arm wrestling exercises. I'm throwing the kitchen sink at these bitches. I've been crushing everyone's hands at work with my grip.

:hulk

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7401 on: March 18, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
Ever since switching to a hardcore meat diet i've seen lb drop like crazy (2 belt sizes in 2 months) and muscle growth happening faster than i've ever had in my life.

The focus on everything 'rear' related has also helped my frame big time. My back, traps,  rear shoulders, and tri's have all increased and made me look a lot bigger, better.

Now if i could only get these legs to grow. This is what i get for neglecting them for years  :lawd

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7402 on: March 18, 2018, 08:18:58 PM »
Not surprised at all that assimilate is the type of fuckhead to avoid leg day for years.

That's because i was an athlete throughout my adolescence to late teenage early adulthood years and i can have some gnarly shin splints and knee pains now.

But don't worry i'll be able to outsquat you in a very short time short guy.   :P

Tasty

« Reply #7403 on: March 18, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »
So uh, what should I do if I'm running a calorie deficit of 1700 for today? :doge

Anyways as of today I've already swam more in 2018 than I did in 2017. :obama

Though that wasn't really hard to do, lol. Topping 2016 and especially 2015 will be much more difficult.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7404 on: March 18, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
Oh wow you have knee pains  :doge

Unfortunately, bad knees runs in the family.

Now only if i were rich enough to get stem cell injections  :doge

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7405 on: March 19, 2018, 03:42:15 AM »
Oh wow you have knee pains  :doge

Unfortunately, bad knees runs in the family.

Now only if i were rich enough to get stem cell injections  :doge

Yeah bad knees ain't nothing to laugh about. I kinda have them too, though I suppose it ain't as bad as with yours, since I've never been an athlete in my younger years. But they prevent me from doing more than taking a run three times a week.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7406 on: March 19, 2018, 06:20:13 AM »
is 'bad knees' really a thing though? sometimes some things you do in daily life is what is messing with your knees and stopping those things will make your knees feel better, like putting your feet behind the leg of a chair when you sit so your knee is at a certain angle for a long time

In my case, maybe? I'm not discounting that, though I've never really took notice of these things. Gotta need to be more aware of that in the future.

Fifstar

« Reply #7407 on: March 19, 2018, 06:34:41 AM »
is 'bad knees' really a thing though? sometimes some things you do in daily life is what is messing with your knees and stopping those things will make your knees feel better, like putting your feet behind the leg of a chair when you sit so your knee is at a certain angle for a long time

:wtf
Gulp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #7408 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »
I'm doing a pizza diet and it works amazingly well for my thighs/butt with casual exercise. I've also gained a little weight on other places like my arms (much needed). Still skinny, but working on it! My metabolism is crazy high so even though I've always eaten a lot, I could never eat enough of what apparently my body needed to gain. But stuffing myself (responsibly) with calories seem to work pretty well. Probably getting results fast because I didn't have any fat to burn, so it just went straight to building muscle. At least that's how I think it works. ???

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #7409 on: March 19, 2018, 04:46:25 PM »
You probably were never eating as much as you think you were, in terms of calories. 'Crazy metabolism' makes no sense.

And what in the holy hells is a pizza diet. :doge Whether you're trying to make gains or lose fat, vegetables and fruit are always important.
What I'm saying is, even though I ate well, it wasn't enough because my body burns fat a lot faster than normally.

And of course, I always cook healthy and good food for my daughter. Then pizza after she goes to bed. Keeping the good stuff to myself.

:lawd

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7410 on: March 19, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »
I need to gain weight too, though I'm a bit skeptical that a pizza diet is the right way to go about this  :P

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #7411 on: March 19, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
It's kind of a temporary thing until I have time to actually go to the gym. Then I'll figure out a better way to do it!

agrajag

« Reply #7412 on: March 19, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »
I'm considering doing gomad again, after the summer is over of course.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7413 on: March 19, 2018, 05:54:16 PM »
I eat pretty much anything as long as i count the calories and take enough protein. Works for me so far. Though im focused on burning fat, mostly. What i mean by mostly is that a weight loss of about maximum 2kg per month but with the addition of some muscle mass. It's slow but steady progress and i can focus solely on muscles soon. I also try to tie my meals in a short timeframe and i eat only two times a day and a small protein rich snack after the gym.

Could be better, but it works... So.  :doge
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:13:35 PM by Nabbis »

Oblivion

« Reply #7414 on: March 29, 2018, 03:41:06 AM »
FINALLY surpassed benching 130 lbs. 3x5. Shit took forever to overcome. :rock

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7415 on: June 01, 2018, 05:40:47 AM »
It's hard to try to lose fat, but not weight, while adhering to a mostly vegetarian diet. (21.3% when I measured last week, want to get down to 12%, don't want to lose any more weight though).

Seems al veg protein are pretty high in fat compared to chicken breast.

Guess I need to double down on lentils and chickpeas.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7416 on: June 01, 2018, 07:32:55 AM »
If your protein sources are high in fat, try a keto diet?  Won't be a good solution if bread is a staple of your diet though.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #7417 on: June 01, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »
It's hard to try to lose fat, but not weight, while adhering to a mostly vegetarian diet. (21.3% when I measured last week, want to get down to 12%, don't want to lose any more weight though).

Ain't nothing wrong with fat.

If your protein sources are high in fat, try a keto diet?  Won't be a good solution if bread is a staple of your diet though.
I imagine it's difficult to maintain a keto on vegetarian diet. A lot of dairy eggs, nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil and MCT oil.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7418 on: June 01, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »
Ita just more complicated, remember like 10 years ago when I worked out id just eat chicken breast.

And I know fat isnt bad, but id like to keep it under 45 grams a day, otherwise ill never lose fat

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #7419 on: June 01, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »

Ain't nothing wrong with fat.

Unless it's also high in sugar and/or low in fiber.

e.g. mayonnaise -> high fat, low/zero fiber -> bad

peanuts -> high fat, high fiber -> good
High sugar is bad in itself. There are studies that suggest a mix of high sugar and high saturated fat is particularly bad, but I doubt substituting lot of carbs for mono-saturated fat to a high carb diet would be anything but healthful.

Associative study (but aren't they all):

Not every food or condiment needs to have fiber.

Ita just more complicated, remember like 10 years ago when I worked out id just eat chicken breast.

And I know fat isnt bad, but id like to keep it under 45 grams a day, otherwise ill never lose fat
45 grams of fat = 405 calories. I'm not going to beat the drum for keto, but you can consume well over 100 grams of fat and lose a ton of body fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7420 on: June 01, 2018, 11:18:36 AM »
I was sure id needed to consume less fat to lose fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7421 on: June 01, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
I dont eat peanuts and wont as my wife is very allergic, 45-55 grams of fat a day is not drastic cutting back, think for my size 55 is the daily recommended amount

Whats the wisdom on rest days in 2018?

agrajag

« Reply #7422 on: June 01, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »
I've been bloatmaxing

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7423 on: June 04, 2018, 12:09:20 AM »

I've been fucking around with keto but found it pretty difficult to function at the truly lower levels of carb intake ( under 20g), even at just normal day to day shit. Continuing to lift was borderline impossible. It was like a 50% drop in strength in a week. Switched it up a little, still usually staying under 30g (I set a limit at 50 although I've never hit it, not sure if that would still be keto at that point or just low carb) and I've been able to maintain all my lifts (maybe a bit of trouble on the last set) and even go up some on deadlifts.

Low carb/no sugar thing in general has improved a lot of things unrelated to weight loss, though, including getting on a proper sleep schedule for the first time in probably 15 years, as well as easing/eliminating a lot of joint inflammation I've had for years.
Apparently to road to full keto is brutal and you will feel like shit until you hit it but once you do people swear by that shit.

Vegetarian diets is about the biggest mistake i've ever made. I tried to make it work for a long time, even doing fish but it never worked. It was a bitch to eat out, a bitch to prepare food, and i always felt tired. I had those serious crashes because i had so much carb from bread in my diet.

Fuck vegetarianism.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7424 on: June 04, 2018, 12:48:48 AM »
Im sorry thats sounds untrue, that said Im a flexitarian and still eat meat 1 time a week (sometimes 2 if I have fish too).

Whats the challenge in cooking vegetarian?

Anything carried on into extremes is probably unhealthy and silly.

I guess eating out could be an issue dependingnon wherr u live but its 2018 so there are usually vegan or veg options, but maybe u could eat meat on those occasions? This is pretty much how I almost completely weened myself of from red meat. We first stopped buying it at home and then I only ate it when we were out, now I dont even have it when we are out normally.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7425 on: June 04, 2018, 01:02:08 AM »
Im sorry thats sounds untrue, that said Im a flexitarian and still eat meat 1 time a week (sometimes 2 if I have fish too).

Whats the challenge in cooking vegetarian?

Anything carried on into extremes is probably unhealthy and silly.

I guess eating out could be an issue dependingnon wherr u live but its 2018 so there are usually vegan or veg options, but maybe u could eat meat on those occasions? This is pretty much how I almost completely weened myself of from red meat. We first stopped buying it at home and then I only ate it when we were out, now I dont even have it when we are out normally.
why would you lean yourself away from red meat? i feel like a million bucks after a ribeye. I can even eat a small portion of ribeye an hour or so before the gym.

i also eat way less than i used to while being a vegetarian. i never felt satisfied. What's your meals like?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7426 on: June 04, 2018, 01:44:17 AM »
I dont eat meat because of environmental reasons, esp red meat, all the meat I do eat is organic.

My meals are pretty much the same as before, just without meat but with soy/lentil/chickpeas/veg meat

Like breakfast was half a can of beans in tomato sauce, 3 slices rye with cheese

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #7427 on: June 04, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »
I felt a million times better after I stopped eating meat, and Taco Bell accommodates vegetarians quite easily.

Tasty

« Reply #7428 on: June 04, 2018, 02:18:36 AM »
Red meat :mouf

Seafood :mouf

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7429 on: June 04, 2018, 02:48:20 AM »
I felt a million times better after I stopped eating meat, and Taco Bell accommodates vegetarians quite easily.

I feel a lot lighter and fresher too

I still like meat though and dont see myself completely abandoning it

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7430 on: June 04, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »
Any kind, as I said I only eat quality organic

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7431 on: June 04, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
I dont eat meat because of environmental reasons, esp red meat, all the meat I do eat is organic.

My meals are pretty much the same as before, just without meat but with soy/lentil/chickpeas/veg meat

Like breakfast was half a can of beans in tomato sauce, 3 slices rye with cheese
   :donot

Yeah, see this shit right here was fucking me up. I'd do the same thing and after a few years..... yes, at first i felt light, why? because i was shitting 3-4 times a day. That's not healthy. Even shitting so much i was gaining weighted. Like HOW? And why was i dying of hunger a few hours later? 

It was all the bread. Rye or not, bread will fuck you up. Being off bread, weird to say, was probably more beneficial to me than anything else. That bloat feeling was the worst.

Veg meat is such a shitty substitution for real meat. It's packed with sodium, most things 'veggie' are packed with sodium. So bad for you.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7432 on: June 04, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »
Don't replace meat with bread if you go vegetarian;  seems like the bigger issue.  My wife is Vegan and she eats bread maybe a couple times a month.

Sodium being defacto bad for you is kind of a myth too, but yeah those processed fake meats aren't exactly great for you.  Eat lots of leafy greens, stuff like quinoa, nuts, chick peas, etc.
you think that can sustain a 220+lb dude that goes to the gym everyday hard? No, it can't.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #7433 on: June 05, 2018, 01:18:07 AM »
If you were shitting 3 or 4 times a day when vegetarian you may have chronic constipation.

I won't talk you out of being a flesh tearer, but please up your daily fiber.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7434 on: June 05, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »
If you were shitting 3 or 4 times a day when vegetarian you may have chronic constipation.

I won't talk you out of being a flesh tearer, but please up your daily fiber.

Why would i up my fiber if i was shitting too much because of going vegetarian and constantly trying to fill myself with bread and fibers?

:confused

Or are you saying shitting 3 to 4 times a day is low for you?

It's easier for someone trying to be lean; but you certainly can be fit.    Bread isn't a good source of calories for someone trying to be 220 pounds and workout hard so not sure what your point is lol.

Either way I eat meat;  not a ton though.  At most a single chicken breast a day;  then tons of healthy veggies, nuts, etc.  I'm 6'4" 200 pounds and work out over an hour a day.
The point is it's hard to be vegetarian and not overeat on things like bread, fibers, and shit that makes you bloated without providing you that level of sustenance required for a lean healthy build.

It's simply too fucking hard. Sure, if i were Tom Brady and had someone looking over and preparing my meal plan every goddamn week then sure it could work. But for normal people it's just too fucking hard dude.

Kara

« Reply #7435 on: June 06, 2018, 01:19:59 AM »
Why would i up my fiber if i was shitting too much because of going vegetarian and constantly trying to fill myself with bread and fibers?

:confused

Or are you saying shitting 3 to 4 times a day is low for you?

I'm saying that you may not be shitting enough now. Just because you're shitting at a frequency you think is normal that doesn't mean you're actually shitting all of the shit that should come out (i.e. you're constipated).

You may literally be full of shit, and I don't mean that in its metaphorical / disparaging sense.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #7436 on: June 06, 2018, 01:44:42 AM »
Have y'all tried canned jackfruit (brined, not in syrup) as an alternative to meat for say tacos? I still eat meat like it's going out of style, love eating out, drink and smoke too. But im keen to start eating more simply and a little cleaner.

As far as fitness, I trained for an amateur boxing event earlier this year (getting a good hit in a sparring sesh). Was rad, but totally bombed out since i had a fight. Last 5 weeks i've done nothing but bike to work occasionally, and I go free diving when i can get someone to take me (it's winter, and it's hard to get people to go). Getting pissed and going out has been my main exercise so far this winter. A miserable rainy pos it's been so far.
◕‿◕

Kara

« Reply #7437 on: June 06, 2018, 01:49:20 AM »
Ya, I love jackfruit tacos. :aah

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #7438 on: June 06, 2018, 01:52:39 AM »
HIIT is the scientifically proven fat burning workout style, no bro science, no ever-changing dietary guidance*. 

Eat what makes you feel good and do 2-3 week stretches of mostly HIIT cardio with some weights and SMALL caloric deficit.  Don't overdue weights just try to maintain strength.  Let your body fat percentage drop a bit and then do a 2-3 week stretch of backing off the HIIT, up your calories a bit, and focus on weight training.  Rinse, repeat.  Other option is to do a long stretch of a couple of months of HIIT knowing you'll probably lose some muscle along the way but enough fat to make your BF% still drop faster.

* not saying don't take dietary guidance, but IMO people should eat what gives them energy and makes them feel good.. pay attention to any foods that cause any sort of inflammation (stomach, skin) and avoid them, etc.  People going on diets that make them feel like shit makes no sense to me.

The few people I know that got into HIIT as their new fitness "thing" are p goddamn hot now. Might have to try this.
◕‿◕

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7439 on: June 06, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »

As far as fitness, I trained for an amateur boxing event earlier this year (getting a good hit in a sparring sesh). Was rad, but totally bombed out since i had a fight

You're willingly taking blows to the face and head for no other reason than fitness?  :dayum