Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 804999 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: FitnessBore - 2017 edition
« Reply #7440 on: June 06, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »
Nah, I like playing sports. I enjoy controlled violence and aggression :punch

I don't really do anything just for the sake of fitness, of course it's important though so I do things I have fun doing that keep me fit. Sports test me physically and mentally, and push me to try things outside my comfort zone. That event specifically was also for a charity I support.

◕‿◕

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7441 on: June 06, 2018, 10:17:24 PM »

As far as fitness, I trained for an amateur boxing event earlier this year (getting a good hit in a sparring sesh). Was rad, but totally bombed out since i had a fight

You're willingly taking blows to the face and head for no other reason than fitness?  :dayum

Who’s soft on this forum now, motherfucker? :punch
MMA

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7442 on: June 06, 2018, 10:19:19 PM »

As far as fitness, I trained for an amateur boxing event earlier this year (getting a good hit in a sparring sesh). Was rad, but totally bombed out since i had a fight

You're willingly taking blows to the face and head for no other reason than fitness?  :dayum

Who’s soft on this forum now, motherfucker? :punch
I will openly admit i do not like getting punched in the face. It takes a very special kind of person to enjoy that.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7443 on: June 06, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »
:dead
MMA

naff

« Reply #7444 on: June 06, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »
 ::)

it's a sport dude. you're not supposed to like getting punched in the face, much like avoiding the negative consequences of poor defence, inferior skill and physicality in other sports. that's where the motivation, satisfaction and rush of adrenaline come from. meeting your opponent on an even playing field and doing your best within the rules to win. keep your guard up, balance aggression and defence, don't lose your shit.
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7445 on: June 07, 2018, 02:36:10 AM »
If you want to eat cleaner stop eating so much processed food and buy organic.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7446 on: June 12, 2018, 10:58:18 AM »
Who here is from fucking Canada?

Can someone please send me some ephendrine?!?! I'll pay $$

:noah

agrajag

« Reply #7447 on: June 12, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
Where do you fellas buy this canned jackfruit?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7448 on: June 12, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »

?

https://www.popeyescanada.com/ephedrine.html
MMA

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7449 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »

?

yeah, that 4everfit oh god gimmeeee gimmeeee

:mouf

naff

« Reply #7450 on: June 12, 2018, 05:51:32 PM »
Where do you fellas buy this canned jackfruit?

Chinese Supermarkets
◕‿◕

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7451 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

?

yeah, that 4everfit oh god gimmeeee gimmeeee

:mouf

Well the link's right there, order away.
MMA

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7452 on: June 12, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »

Well the link's right there, order away.
I don't think they ship, and Canadian supp stores don't ship Ephendrine outside of Canada. That's why i asked if someone lived there. I used to have a girl that would ship it to me but we don't speak anymore  :'(

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7453 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
okay sure, pm me your deets.
MMA

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7454 on: June 12, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
Wow and we thought benji was brazen with his doxxing attempts
Yeah i'm not that stupid. A door kicking agent gonna get my digits   :sabu

unless......  i got a way

:rash

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #7455 on: June 12, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »
Entrapment. :cop

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #7456 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:20 AM »
Is the small increase in metabolic rate and slight blunting of hungry that comes ephedrine worth the jitteriness?
Unrelated:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/well/live/belly-fat-health-visceral-fat-waist-cancer.html

However, the deeper belly fat — the visceral fat that accumulates around abdominal organs — is metabolically active and has been strongly linked to a host of serious disease risks, including heart disease, cancer and dementia.

Even when other coronary risk factors were taken into account, the chances of developing heart disease were doubled among the women with the largest waists. Every additional two inches in the women’s waist size raised their risk by 10 percent.

The chances of getting colorectal cancer were nearly doubled among postmenopausal women who accumulate visceral fat, a Korean study found. Breast cancer risk increases as well. In a study of more than 3,000 premenopausal and postmenopausal women in Mumbai, India, those whose waists were nearly as big as their hips faced a three- to four-times greater risk of getting a breast cancer diagnosis than normal-weight women.

A study of 6,583 members of Kaiser Permanente of Northern California who were followed for an average of 36 years found that those with the greatest amount of abdominal obesity in midlife were nearly three times more likely to develop dementia three decades later than those with the least abdominal fat.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7457 on: June 14, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
In my new job I walk between 12 and 20 km a day.

Now suddenly i need to eat 600-1200 calories more per day to stop weight loss.

Dafuq.

Been so used to eat small portions this will be a challenge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7458 on: June 14, 2018, 01:15:09 PM »
Is the small increase in metabolic rate and slight blunting of hungry that comes ephedrine worth the jitteriness?

See, i never got that many jitters from it. I kept my doses really low and stacked it with caffeine. Everyone reacts differently to it. My body and mind react wonderfully with it, i don't know why but it does.

The only thing that bothered me with it were the dehydration i'd get regardless of how much water i'd drink, i would get cramps in my arms that were annoying.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7459 on: June 14, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
That was the stuff that was in Hydroxycut back int he day before it got banned?

Had an ex GF end up in the hospital with a nervous breakdown of sorts from that stuff lol.

That body was tight doe.
Yes, but the dose was fucking huge in that thing and mixed with a bunch of other stuff.

That shit was INTENSE back in the day. Same with Redline. The original Redline in an aluminum can was fucking crack in a bottle. No joke.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #7460 on: June 14, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »

See, i never got that many jitters from it. I kept my doses really low and stacked it with caffeine. Everyone reacts differently to it. My body and mind react wonderfully with it, i don't know why but it does.

The only thing that bothered me with it were the dehydration i'd get regardless of how much water i'd drink, i would get cramps in my arms that were annoying.
That's good it's not an issue for you. Eight years ago, when I last tried an EC stack, I found the jitteriness to be too much. It really exacerbated my anxiety. Mind you, coffee does that a bit. But I find coffee/caffeine enough to blunt my hunger (I have been doing IF for nine-ten years with 98% adherence on weekdays).

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7461 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Entrapment. :cop

He solicited the product.  Not entrapment.  ;)
MMA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7462 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »
I figure I'll add an update in here.  I'm getting up to old PR's for Bench and Overhead Press.  My bench PR was 5 reps at 315 IIRC and I'm currently at 7 reps at 295 as of this morning.  Overhead press PR was 5 reps at 225 lbs and this week I should get 5 @ 195.  Deadlift and squat are still lagging behind because of the original injury that messed me up.  Deadlift I'm at 370 lbs for 5 reps and squat is 285 for reps.  Every once in a while I can feel my knee start to twinge so I have been taking it easy.  I doubt I'll ever be where I was.

Weight is also coming off nicely but definitely not as fast as the last time I got in shape in 2012.  I'm down around 20 lbs but you should see the looks of people who watch a 285 lb guy do 20 strict pullups. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7463 on: July 31, 2018, 11:43:31 AM »
with all the L's ive taken in my life, i figured i might as well take L-sits :doge

shit is hard, friends

im on 3 sets of 4 seconds now

also side planks kinda suck because it's not very challenging, it didn't take long for me to get to +1 minute

but before i drop that shit i figure i might try weighted side planks
Why do side planks at all?

I figure I'll add an update in here.  I'm getting up to old PR's for Bench and Overhead Press.  My bench PR was 5 reps at 315 IIRC and I'm currently at 7 reps at 295 as of this morning.  Overhead press PR was 5 reps at 225 lbs and this week I should get 5 @ 195.  Deadlift and squat are still lagging behind because of the original injury that messed me up.  Deadlift I'm at 370 lbs for 5 reps and squat is 285 for reps.  Every once in a while I can feel my knee start to twinge so I have been taking it easy.  I doubt I'll ever be where I was.

Weight is also coming off nicely but definitely not as fast as the last time I got in shape in 2012.  I'm down around 20 lbs but you should see the looks of people who watch a 285 lb guy do 20 strict pullups. 
  I was like damn dude those are roided lift numbers but then your 285lb!? what kind of monster are you bro.

I've pretty much reached my peak bench and chest size i can get genetically and i wasn't seeing anymore muscle hypertrophy for my chest and yet there were still weak spots preventing me from getting that full look. I was big out wide on my chest, but the center was pathetic. So switched to exclusively doing machine chest presses and BAM. Hitting spots on my chest i could never previously get with regular bench/dumbbell presses.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7464 on: July 31, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »
 :lol

I've been lifting seriously for about 5/6 years.  My workouts never really fell off completely even if I slacked some, but my diet definitely did.  I injured myself in early 2015 and gained about 80 lbs of fat that year as I kept eating but my intensity on lifts were way down with no cardio (meniscus tear).  Got more serious with my diet again in March of this year and have lost about 20 lbs so far.  I've got a lot of fat to lose.  Pullups have just gotten pretty easy as I generally do a pullup or two between each set just to keep my heart rate up and then one day a week go heavy on pullups.  Losing weight has helped a lot to increase my reps over the last few months.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7465 on: July 31, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »
I've done both in both years  :(

püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7466 on: July 31, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »
I'm down about 60 pounds since Christmas, my bench press only went down about 10lbs, deadlifts actually went up, squats are way down but because I took 2-3 months off after a back injury and just started those back up, incorporating a lot of pull ups, adding dips and handstand push ups as well. I'm well below my goal weight a month ahead of schedule and can still lose another 5-10 probably. I'll just keep going with my current diet plan until I stall out and call that my natural weight.

I'm at my lightest yet also biggest/strongest/widest I've been since I was 20, with a pair of 10 year old pants I couldn't get over my ass a few months ago now being loose around my waist. Upper abs are clearly visible when even slightly flexed, when doing a full flex the center line is quite visible.

Lose 60 pounds without doing any cardio and getting stronger brehs  :rejoice
60 fucking pounds??? what are you weighing and what were you weighing to lose all that?

i'm struggling to lose 13lb. Ideally, i need to lose 20lb to start seeing my abs pop out.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7467 on: July 31, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
Mups throwing up numbers again.  :rejoice

My annual summer lean-out is stuck at 190.  Which is fine, but was hoping to be at 185lbs right now.  I blame it mostly on being back on the road a couple times a week now, and therefore  eating out.

Outside of jits and hockey, im doing more CrossFit-y circuit training right now, weighted vest exercises, tire flipping, box jump burpees, that sort of thing.

Still squatting a bit to maintain.  Bench very sparsely, because I’ve been having some nagging wrist pain, so haven’t been able to bench heavy for a while now.
MMA

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7468 on: July 31, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »
I was 220+ at my heaviest. 164 now. I can still lose probably another 10 and be at around where I really should be. Between hardcore drinking and power lifting I was pretty THICC
that's a lot of weight dropped in about 7 months how'd you do it? how tall are you?

i'm 213lb now, ideally my best form would be around 185lb-190lb. it's proving a lot harder than i imagined. it's the drinking on the weekends, if i can cut that it'd be a lot easier.

agrajag

« Reply #7469 on: July 31, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »
I gained about 10 lbs in the last three months. Getting thicc and j00cy

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7470 on: July 31, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »
5'6, I cut it by cutting out booze entirely, then settling into 16/8 IF with portion control and continuing to lift 4-5 days a week.

You know like....diet and exercise :doge
i mean, that's serious weight for anyone to drop dude. 60lb? that's no joke, impressive stuff considering 5'6 at 220+ and now 160lb.

Do you have before and after pics? You must look completely different.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7471 on: July 31, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »
lol

At my heaviest in 2013 I was 188 pounds - at my lightest (at least in my adulthood/post-college) I was 144lbs.  Currently at 165, and I often fluctuate between 155-165.
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7472 on: July 31, 2018, 08:05:03 PM »
I'm not giving you pics so you can find some thing to obsess over and jerk off to you fucking weirdo
Here i am complimenting you on your achievement and this is how you treat me Stro?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7473 on: July 31, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/Rdrbn3q

Here is a well cropped photo of my upper chest and shoulders. Nothing like I was 3 years ago and I can’t lie, I’ve got a pretty big belly to go with everything else. But a few months ago I had no definition here so this is my motivation to stick with it.

For reference, the below is me in May of 2014 at about 220 lbs. I was a little bigger at my peak.

https://imgur.com/a/nj3ykbX

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7474 on: July 31, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
You're a beast Mupepe. How tall are you?

Tasty

« Reply #7475 on: July 31, 2018, 08:42:10 PM »
Unf.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7476 on: July 31, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
At my lightest since high school I was about 160 in India. I looked completely emaciated, and my urine was the color of stout beer. Probably should have died of kidney failure tbh. Which is to say I have somewhat of a thicker frame and will never hit skinny guy weights. My BMI is close to overweight even at low body fat percentages.
BMI is a crap measurement if you carry any muscle at all

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7477 on: August 01, 2018, 12:26:29 AM »
I signed up for a BJJ tournament at medium-heavy, which goes up to 194.5 lbs with a gi on. So realistically 191 lbs max in underwear if I buy a lightweight gi. It's on August 10th, and I weighed in at 196 today. I think I should be able to drop a couple pounds of fat and then cut the rest in water weight using that 2 gallons -> 1 gallon -> half gallon -> no water progression.

I'll fight a little dehydrated, but that's probably better than competing in the 207 lb division and going up against people who walk around at 215 and cut to 207.

Edit: same day weigh-in probably less than an hour before my first match. Best case scenario is I get to pound a sports drink immediately after weigh-in and have time for it to replenish my water stores somewhat.

Don’t rely on it, but don’t be surprised if you end up dropping 2-3lbs in the last 48
Hours just due to “stress”.

I haven’t competed in a while, but that would happen to me.  I’d be super disciplined about my weight for the last week before comp, be just on point.....and then I’d end up weighing in 4lbs under and going “dammit, I could have eaten a decent breakfast this morning!”
MMA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7478 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
You're a beast Mupepe. How tall are you?
Thanks bro.  6 ft tall

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #7479 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
At my lightest since high school I was about 160 in India. I looked completely emaciated, and my urine was the color of stout beer. Probably should have died of kidney failure tbh. Which is to say I have somewhat of a thicker frame and will never hit skinny guy weights. My BMI is close to overweight even at low body fat percentages.
BMI is a crap measurement if you carry any muscle at all
You should probably replace "any" with "significant" and add the qualifier "male."

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7480 on: August 10, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »
5'6, I cut it by cutting out booze entirely, then settling into 16/8 IF with portion control and continuing to lift 4-5 days a week.

You know like....diet and exercise :doge

I also went cold turkey on booze and it has had a good cascading effect on me. Better sleep which equates to making better food and exercise choices the day or two after a binge. Also 1k less calories or more a week purely from a liquid that lowers testosterone and goes right to your gut.
:9

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7481 on: August 10, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
Yeah, I haven't had a drink in almost two weeks, since August 28th. On the 29th I was around 198, so I've cut like 7 pounds largely from not drinking and eating better.

If I have a big drinking weekend, I'll always gain like 3-4 pounds that then fall off in a couple days of not drinking no matter what I do. I think it must be retained water or something like that.

Water retention can get bad with it but also dehydration. I remember waking up one morning and losing 5 or so lbs on the scale because I was so dehydrated. Heres the graph and the obvious spike downward..

A true example ofnthe Tyler Durden diet

Also the pace of the weightloss in the graph is around a 800cal or so daily deficit over the course of three months. I was losing it quick and consitently but it def effected my gym performance.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:34:40 PM by BlueTsunami »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7482 on: August 11, 2018, 12:37:05 AM »
i'm on a upper/lower 4 day routine and seeing some nice results.

Also i started doing shoulders again. Mainly just over head presses. I never believed in shoulder workouts before since my shoulders always grew easily and the front delts normally take a lot of abuse with any push exercise. But honestly since doing the overhead presses my shoulders have gotten so much stronger and they do look a lot better.

Some lifters believe as long as you do the heavy compound movements everything else will be fine. It's true to an extent, but once your noobie gains are met you have to start doing isolation work. 

I've seen people preach things like never doing any bicep or tricep isolation movements. I tried this recently and as my major muscles grew my arms kept looking smaller, especially my forearm. I think i'm going to incorporate one isolation movement for every body part from now on.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7483 on: August 13, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
Did a full 10s sprint / 60s rest session for 12 intervals along with 3 miles. My buttcheeks looking particularly juicy today with this leg pump going. My hamstrings are also getting thicc after a month of this 4 mile a day regimen.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7484 on: August 13, 2018, 05:58:57 PM »
Did a full 10s sprint / 60s rest session for 12 intervals along with 3 miles. My buttcheeks looking particularly juicy today with this leg pump going. My hamstrings are also getting thicc after a month of this 4 mile a day regimen.
My legs are my weakest part. I'm working on them, but maybe not enough. Doing legs twice a week hard, maybe i should switch to 3 times a week.

GymShark released brown joggers but they're $50 fucking dollars. I want them but i'm spending a lot of money this month

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7485 on: August 13, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »
Love me some farmers walks. The complete torso pump you get along with forearms is unmatched.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7486 on: August 13, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
I've recently added a pull ups/dips/cable circuit 5x5 (as in 5 of each is one set) routine as my end of the day ritual and was finishing it off with 30lbs kettle bell farmer walks, but today I decided to just add the farmer walks to each set. I do back door to front door and back at my gym which is a little over 100 yards That shit really wears me down by the end, especially as this is always after I do my main and secondary lifts for the day, but it's pretty great. Constant trap pump :noah

I'm going to have the grip strength of a lumberjack doing this 5 days a week
Unless you're doing roids your traps will hit a threshold and never ever grow again. Hitting them that many times a week probably doesn't do anything for you in terms of growth.

Love me some farmers walks. The complete torso pump you get along with forearms is unmatched.
Been isolating forearms a bit since i find mine to be the weakest aspect of my arms. There's no space for me to do farmer walks  at this gym.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7487 on: August 13, 2018, 08:36:16 PM »
Need some kettle balls; do a lot of stuff with my 35 pound dumbells that tear up my hands.

:foodcourt

what can you possibly be doing that 35s rip your hands up?

agrajag

« Reply #7488 on: August 13, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »
Stuff.. n.. things.

It's the design on them, if they twist at all in my hands it just kinda huwts.

Buy some Fat Gripz

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7489 on: August 13, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
Stuff.. n.. things.

It's the design on them, if they twist at all in my hands it just kinda huwts.
Well if you have softy bitch palms like what i imagine takingbacksunday has then yeah anything will hurt. But after you build some calluses you'll be fine with whatever weight.

Quick someone post their 1RM for bench press and see how long it takes Assimilate to talk about how much higher his is

I'm not in a strength phase right now, loser.  ::)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7490 on: August 13, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »
Something something weak ass bitch something something not like me I'm super something something I hate myself on the inside something something PAY ATTENTION TO ME

:umad

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7491 on: August 15, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
Gawd I hate the people that grab dumbbells and stand right in front of the area to do curls or back shit or whatever

Pls get the fuck away. This is a ymca not a jock gym loser
dur

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7492 on: August 15, 2018, 09:53:48 AM »
Dropped almost 10lbs so far since the start of August. A lot of that must be water weight since I'm low carbing it but still. My body is reacting strongly to cardio. Cant believe I spun my wheels all that time at the gym on my last cut.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7493 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:09 AM »
Gawd I hate the people that grab dumbbells and stand right in front of the area to do curls or back shit or whatever

I do this only because I do incremental increases on each set and then do drop sets so I don't stand in front of it doing the same weight over and over.  For consistent working sets I take the weights back to the benches or other areas.  My gym is also always empty when I go so I'm the only person there.

Can we talk about the dudes that wander around, claiming 15 different stations and doing half ass reps when they decide to actually do something?  Those are the true enemies in the gym. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7494 on: August 15, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »

The amount of people that do curls and arms on a daily is absolutely absurd. I can't judge too much because that was essentially me for the first few years at the gym but i was in my fucking teens. Everyone walking around with developed arms and nothing else is hilarious  :lol

It might be the single biggest mistake dudes make at the gym: focusing on arms.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7495 on: August 15, 2018, 10:22:59 AM »

I do this only because I do incremental increases on each set and then do drop sets so I don't stand in front of it doing the same weight over and over.  For consistent working sets I take the weights back to the benches or other areas.  My gym is also always empty when I go so I'm the only person there.

Can we talk about the dudes that wander around, claiming 15 different stations and doing half ass reps when they decide to actually do something?  Those are the true enemies in the gym.

Yeah this is like peak morning time in front of the 40-50s area. I don’t care about the lifters using 90s doing back rows or whatever
dur

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7496 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
It's what is most visible most often (tshirts);  not exactly surprising.  Still noticable when someone has a tighter t-shirt on that they do nothing but arms though lol

And not sure anyone like that is actually going to a gym.
What do you mean you're not sure anyone like that is going to the gym? That's 90% of gyms with 5% dudes doing it right, and 5% women doing only cardio/legs.

Yeah, biceps are part of your glory muscles. The other two being chest/shoulders only that people don't do shoulders properly anyways. Overhead standing barbell shoulder press is the best thing you can possibly do and most people don't do them. I"ll admit i've neglected that movement for years because i thought i didn't need it since my shoulders were already big but the way the movement works, and the other muscles involved is the only thing that will give you that more balanced physique up top.

There has been an awakening of sorts in the last few years it seems. People now focusing more and more on the major compound movements. I guess this was propelled by the sudden realization that everyone has forward leaning shoulders and really bad fucking posture from sitting in a desk and on their phones all day.

Focusing on chest and biceps only make that worse. Now we see a mad scramble for back and legs lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7497 on: August 15, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »
Because they can just buy a couple dumbells and do that shit at home?
But the goal is to be a gym bro. No gym bro wants to sit at home doing curls.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7498 on: August 15, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »
I literally can't do anything that involves lifting aymore. 2-3 reps of bench pressing and my shoulder starts barking like crazy. Shit sucks since I always enjoyed that stuff just to clear my mind.
Rotator cuff surgery is a real bitch.
Swimming is the only thing I am able to do to keep my upper body strength.
Any upper body workouts that don't involve lifting shit over your head?

agrajag

« Reply #7499 on: August 15, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
I literally can't do anything that involves lifting aymore. 2-3 reps of bench pressing and my shoulder starts barking like crazy. Shit sucks since I always enjoyed that stuff just to clear my mind.
Rotator cuff surgery is a real bitch.
Swimming is the only thing I am able to do to keep my upper body strength.
Any upper body workouts that don't involve lifting shit over your head?

Bench pressing isn't over your head but does involve some shoulder rotation. Maybe try some variations that take the shoulders out of it as much as possible, very close grip and elbows tucked in. You could also try dips. And of course all manner rows, pullups, chinups, pulldowns and curls don't involve lifting things over your head. And why not do some stuff to strengthen your rotator cuffs, like banded face pulls, band pull aparts, etc. Did you not do any rehab work for it after the surgery? And why limit yourself only to upper body? Squats and deadlifts will build your back and your core.