Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 794269 times)

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Re: FitnessBore - 2010 edition
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
1) SL suggests pullups being 3 sets to failure, but I can literally only do 1-3 pullups per set.  Should I add more sets or accept I'll get stronger with time?

One thing that helped me that may or may not work for you was a ramping set. So I'd do 1 pull up - rest 10 seconds - 2 pull ups - rest 10 seconds - 3 pull ups - rest and so on, until I hit 10 in one "set."

Then I'd start with 2 pull ups the next time, and so on. Might be worth a try, as it takes some pressure away from trying to hit a certain number in one go.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »
I did lifting today, and I don't really feel like it did any good. I felt more wore out after strength condition on Sunday than I did working the machines today.
PSP

duckman2000

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2009, 02:11:56 PM »
I'm not up on the lingo here. What does strength conditioning mean here?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »
Uh, strength conditioning?
PSP

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »
1) SL suggests pullups being 3 sets to failure, but I can literally only do 1-3 pullups per set.  Should I add more sets or accept I'll get stronger with time?

One thing that helped me that may or may not work for you was a ramping set. So I'd do 1 pull up - rest 10 seconds - 2 pull ups - rest 10 seconds - 3 pull ups - rest and so on, until I hit 10 in one "set."

Then I'd start with 2 pull ups the next time, and so on. Might be worth a try, as it takes some pressure away from trying to hit a certain number in one go.

duckman - That's very close a classic Crossfit workout, actually, and right in the "volume training" mold. Works very well for building up numbers of most bodyweight exercises (push-ups etc). The Crossfit version has you doing your reps on the minute, 1 the first minute, 2 the next etc until you miss the number of reps in the allotted minute. Well worth trying if you fancy a new twist.

archie - Pull-ups are a bitch, no doubt about it. I was bloody-minded about it and only did strict ones and the numbers went up slowly as I got stronger generally. I did a lot of single reps! A lot of people swear by using a band to help you in the beginning and gradually decreasing the level of assistance over time. Loop the band over the bar and under your feet. Looping it under your knees (or otherwise shortening the band) with provide more assistance. Your gym might not let you do stuff like this though. btw, 2 or 3 is pretty standard for beginners - it doesn't mean you're a lost cause or anything.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
Uh, strength conditioning?

i'm puzzled too. "Strength" and "conditioning" are largely mutually-exclusive. i.e. to the extent that you have one, you sacrifice the other. "strength conditioning" would be considered by many to be an oxymoron.

vjj

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
I guess my father should fire himself then!
PSP

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
So defensive! You'll fit right in.

No-one is saying your routine is shit, willco. We're just unsure wha exactly it entails. Please tell us so we can start trolling it properly!
vjj

duckman2000

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2009, 11:52:43 PM »
Yeah, something like that. I'm genuinely unfamiliar with the term, but I assumed it was because I'm a workout n00b. To me, "power clean" still sounds mostly like something to do with adjustable shower hoses and spread buttcheeks.

Corm, that pull up bit was actually from the calisthenics program I went with when I started. I've revisited it a lot as of late, to complement the weight lifting. The main dude behind it is some guy called Stew Smith.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:28:03 AM by duckman2000 »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2010, 05:00:17 AM »
it's alright man, everyone spells "complement" wrong at some point :lol
vjj

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
Gym is closed today but I intend to go into the gym tomorrow and squat (final set at the moment being 425 lbs) so I can intimidate all of the new years resolutionists who want to use the squat rack for bicep curls.  :punch

🍆🍆

archie4208

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
I'm dreading going tomorrow.  I know it's gonna be a madhouse. :(

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
The squat thing makes me smile.  Every day at the gym there's a guy that does nothing but squats, but he's not really even doing it.  He loads the bar with 850lbs (I counted) until the bar actually bends and then just stands there screaming and shouting like a deranged hobo trying to get people's attention.  Soon as he gets some people looking in his direction, he picks up the bar, goes down maybe an inch and then goes back up again.  That's his rep.  His one and only rep.  Then he's done.  Packs up his shit and leaves.  It's the one guaranteed laugh of the day for me.

I really got to record that shit.
Tacos

archie4208

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »
I saw "that" guy yesterday.  He did two sets of 3 squats each and barely came down. 

I used to have that kind of technique. :(  I thought I was so awesome squatting 250 but I realized that I was accomplishing jack shit.  I've noticed more substantial gains starting from scratch and developing a somewhat competent form compared to that joke of a squat I used to do.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2010, 10:09:11 AM »
I have good form :maf

Yeah, if you don't go parallel on your squats, then I wouldn't even bother.  It's taken me about ten years of squatting to get where I'm at now, with a few years here and there where I didn't squat at all but it takes time to build up some heavy lifts if you have good form and do it right.
🍆🍆

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2010, 10:14:09 AM »
Yeah, every extra inch of depth on the squat matters. You should be picking up coins from the floor IMHO. It has taken me about 6 months of constant nagging to get my workout buddy squatting all the way down even on the heaviest sets. He thought he was at the right depth but it's so hard for people to tell at first. Now when I tell him a rep didn't count, he knows it in his body and in his soul :rofl

On the other hand, just being able to stand up with an 850lb bar is an accomplishment. I can't even imagine it. I'm a mere 160lbs right now so that's 5.3x my bodyweight.

The silly gym guy stories tend to run the opposite direction in Japan. 20yr old dudes who do their entire workout with nothing heavier than a 10kg curl bar, that sort of thing. Fine at the beginning, I suppose, but when you see the same dudes using the same weight for months on end...the urge to intervene rises.
vjj

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »
I saw "that" guy yesterday.  He did two sets of 3 squats each and barely came down. 
I see this at the gym all the time, kind of like HSMP's story where the guy bends a few inches with alot of weight on (not 800lbs though). There is this one skinny kid who would do these 1/4 squats with the same weight that I was using, and then go to the leg press machine and throw on 4x45lb plates on each side. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish.

jon

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »
I've lifted in all kinds of gyms from holes in the wall to steroid havens to inoffensive safe gyms.  The hole in the wall gyms are great because you lift and get the fuck out accordingly.  Juice monkeys spend five minutes strutting for every one minute of the workout.  The latter gyms are fucking awful because nobody takes lifting seriously so you get more guys and girls using the vagina machine than the squat rack, which you're glad, because few use it to squat, let alone use good form.

The silly gym guy stories tend to run the opposite direction in Japan. 20yr old dudes who do their entire workout with nothing heavier than a 10kg curl bar, that sort of thing. Fine at the beginning, I suppose, but when you see the same dudes using the same weight for months on end...the urge to intervene rises.

They are much more common here than the guys lifting with too much weight.  They typically wear wife beaters and "secretly" (though everyone notices) tries to flex in front of the mirrors.
🍆🍆

duckman2000

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
I see this at the gym all the time, kind of like HSMP's story where the guy bends a few inches with alot of weight on (not 800lbs though). There is this one skinny kid who would do these 1/4 squats with the same weight that I was using, and then go to the leg press machine and throw on 4x45lb plates on each side. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish.

Maybe he's just confused. Can't blame him, then; gyms are bewildering. So many options, and so many ways to do things wrong. I need to find a gym so that I can get access to a decent squat rack, but it feels stupid paying a membership fee just for that. We have cardio machines in the club house here, so I don't have a need for that elsewhere.

I also need to pick up some 60-80 pound dumbbells. And speaking of that, are there any actual benefits to using a barbell over dumbbells for presses?

archie4208

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
Don't forget there is a ton of conflicting information on the internet.  It can get very confusing.  :dizzy

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »
I prefer DBs because of the greater range of motion I get from the exercises that use them.

archie, yeah, there is a lot of different methods and things on the internet and it is confusing and contradictory.  My weightlifting knowledge has stagnated since 2004 because it has been very successful for me, even now.  I hate the idea that I need to be constantly swapping weightlifting routines from Rippetoe to Smolov Squat Cycles, etc. because some dude somewhere out there gained a huge amount in strength after a couple of cycles.  Not to mention the various nutrition routines.  For instance, I just don't think things like carbohydrate cycling is realistic at all unless you are so entrenched in a rut that nothing out of the ordinary happens...ever.
🍆🍆

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
I broke 3 miles on the elliptical today. I'm going to try and increase my workload to 45 - 50 minutes four to five days per week.
PSP

archie4208

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
Nice.  Keep it up. :rock

I only did 10 mins HIIT today.  Sore throat + HIIT = yeah no.  I am feeling better and hope to be at 100% tomorrow for my SL workout.

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
Well, I've opted to do squats tomorrow. I'll start out really light and try to build my form again, then if everything goes well - no back pain - I'll plug squats to my routine again. I haven't touched squats in almost 5 months, so I'll be weak as shit but I'll get it all back.

On another note, I can't recommend ON's Micronized Creatine enough. It's actually tasteless and it doesn't cause your asshole to explode like a volcano.

cool breeze

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
sweet, I found out I can do one and a half pull-ups overhand.  This is certainly better than my middle/high school career of zero with the rare case of one.  It's all uphill from here.

Is it better to do underhand or overhand, btw? in gym they made us do overhand even though underhand was easier (that's how I got that one pull up; teacher wasn't looking)

duckman2000

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
I find the overhand ones to be uncomfortable, and downright difficult with this pull up bar thingy I have, so I do mostly underhand stuff. Places more emphasis on the biceps, so I've dropped the curls and instead added rows. Pull ups make me wish I was a low weight shortcake.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:27:45 PM by duckman2000 »

cool breeze

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
The main reason I'm doing overhand now is because my right arm broke a few years back and since then, rotating my arm so the palm faces up kinda hurts.  Even playing Wario Ware on the Wii I had trouble with games that required you hold the controller in that position.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »
People vary on what way they find easier but you should really do both. I do kips overhand, deadhang underhand. In the beginning, just do whatever it takes of course.
vjj

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2010, 07:17:54 PM »
Alright, the start of my third straight week of serious training. I eclipsed 12 virtual miles on the elliptical trainer for last week, and I do notice in an improvement in strength. I've had to increase a few of my reps at the gym by 10 lbs. I have started to track my calories today, I even planned out my meals in advance for tomorrow.
PSP

archie4208

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
Was down to 179 last week :rock  I also squatted 205 and did FOUR pullups in a single set. :o

But I haven't worked out since Thursday (cold came back :maf) and I had a cheat meal on Friday so I'm scared to look at the scale. :'(

And I realized I used four emotes in that post.  Yeesh.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »
Man, I can't even fathom being under 200 lbs.
PSP

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
I ran 20 miles this week around my neighborhood and combined with this crazy ass 7-day cabbage soup detox plan I've been doing with my wife, I've gone from 168 pounds to 160 pounds. The holidays were killer with all the eating we did in Nebraska with her parents.
野球

archie4208

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
I weighed over 300 in high school. :teehee

I lost alot in college but was still skinny fat.  I wanna try to get a 6 pack.

duckman2000

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
I've been doing bad with nutrition over the holidays, but I've gotten back on the right track in the past week, and my lifting has improved accordingly. Now I just need to get more sleep, which is easier said than done. The cold weather actually makes it more appealing to make the trek to the clubhouse gym for cardio, so I'm going to get that going as well. Some blessed soul stole the mounted TV, so that should make the visits slightly less annoying.

I'm under 200lbs for the first time in a while. Weight loss has never been a goal, but I swear it added a psychological edge to today's pull ups.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:34:08 PM by duckman2000 »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
I just wish I was seeing the improvements in stamina and strength hit my belt buckle. I really don't feel like I've lost any real weight, but I'm not on a scale either. I am going to take a day off tomorrow, hit the cardio on Tuesday, gym on Wednesday, and then three straight days of cardio.
PSP

duckman2000

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
The only exercises that I can physically tell work my abs are deadlifts and squats. I can do 100 crunches (I don't do those anymore) and there will be a good burn, but I don't feel anywhere near as much in the gut as I do the day after doing squats and deadlifts.

The calisthenic program was good as a start and still works as support exercise, but I sort of wish I had started doing compound lifts sooner.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »
I lost 40 lbs before needing to go down a pant size (40 to 38) and another 20 to go down another (38 to 36)

Everyone gains and loses fat differently.
🍆🍆

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
Willco - take pics. You'll drive yourself nuts looking in the mirror every week wondering if you look any better. Memories deceive but the camera doesn't lie.
vjj

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Oh my fucking god I'm sore.  I went out on my daily 5 mile run but something came over me at the point where I usually turn around and thought to myself "let's see how far I can go!".  By the time I got back home I was like one of those triathlon guys limping and crawling their way to the finish line.

Not doing that shit again.
Tacos

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
Well, I guess you know how far you can go!
vjj

Rman

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2010, 11:18:41 PM »
Cormac, did you see this?
There's a small blurb about CrossFit in there as well.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashion/10caveman.html?scp=1&sq=paleo&st=cse

LIKE many New York bachelors, John Durant tries to keep his apartment presentable — just in case he should ever bring home a future Mrs. Durant. He shares the fifth-floor walk-up with three of his buddies, but the place is tidy and he never forgets to water the plants.

Mr. Durant, 26, who works in online advertising, is part of a small New York subculture whose members seek good health through a selective return to the habits of their Paleolithic ancestors.

Or as he and some of his friends describe themselves, they are cavemen.

The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:20:43 PM by Rman »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2010, 11:38:18 PM »
According to my BMR, I have to eat over 3,700 calories to NOT lose weight. :lol

That is funny and depressing at the same time. :-\
PSP

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »
That's stupid. As if cavemen couldn't eat fruit and vegetables off a plant  ::)

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
How does that work, Willco? Surely some whopping assumptions about activity level are being made there.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2010, 11:49:36 PM »

You fail at reading
vjj

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »
No, that's the intake required to maintain my weight with almost no activity. BMR is based off of height, age, sex and weight. I am just that heavy. My current goal is to eat about 2,000 to 2,500 calories per day and continue my game plan of strength training one day per week, hitting the gym one day per week and cardio four days per week.

... It's just telling you that I was really overweight and that I was eating way too many calories. :-\
PSP

Fresh Prince

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2010, 11:54:49 PM »

You fail at reading

They regularly grumble about vegans, whom they regard as a misguided, rival tribe. But much of the conversation is spent parsing the law of the jungle. The most severe interpretations generally come from Vladimir Averbukh, a jaunty red-headed Web manager for the city who was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Upon visiting Mr. Durant’s apartment for the first time, in August, Mr. Averbukh scowled at a tomato plant on his host’s roof deck.

“Cavemen don’t eat nightshades,” Mr. Averbukh, 29, said. He explained that tomatoes are part of the nightshade family, arguing that they are native to the New World and could not have been part of humanity’s earliest diet. Mr. Durant shrugged. (Mr. Durant said later that there was nothing uncavemannish about eating tomatoes.)

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »

You fail at reading

They regularly grumble about vegans, whom they regard as a misguided, rival tribe. But much of the conversation is spent parsing the law of the jungle. The most severe interpretations generally come from Vladimir Averbukh, a jaunty red-headed Web manager for the city who was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Upon visiting Mr. Durant’s apartment for the first time, in August, Mr. Averbukh scowled at a tomato plant on his host’s roof deck.

“Cavemen don’t eat nightshades,” Mr. Averbukh, 29, said. He explained that tomatoes are part of the nightshade family, arguing that they are native to the New World and could not have been part of humanity’s earliest diet. Mr. Durant shrugged. (Mr. Durant said later that there was nothing uncavemannish about eating tomatoes.)

The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.
vjj

Fresh Prince

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »
So the Paleos aren't unanimous in what they believe in.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:50 AM »
No, that's the intake required to maintain my weight with almost no activity. BMR is based off of height, age, sex and weight. I am just that heavy. My current goal is to eat about 2,000 to 2,500 calories per day and continue my game plan of strength training one day per week, hitting the gym one day per week and cardio four days per week.

... It's just telling you that I was really overweight and that I was eating way too many calories. :-\

I'm not sure why just being heavy means that you need more calories. Sure, it may take more to lug the extra weight around, but since most overweight folks are sedentary, I'd have thought that would even out.

The details are not important though - it has to come off, whether it's an easy process or a hard process. Don't think about it as long as you're moving in the right direction. Not that you strike me as a worrier :lol
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:40 AM »
So the Paleos aren't unanimous in what they believe in.

clutching at straws
vjj

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
I eat meat and fruit.  I like to cut up vegetables and mix them in with eggs for breakfast though.

I do like to have some kefir though.  I'm very lactose intolerant but I can handle kefir just fine.  Maybe it is my body reacting poorly to standard milk you'd get a grocery store.  Maybe my body would handle regular organic milk just fine but I don't want to take the risk.

Also, I think BMI is kind of crap.
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:34 AM »
clutching at straws
That's what I remembered last. I'm sticking to my guns.

archie4208

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
I'm trying my best to ween off bread.  That is my biggest weakness nutrition wise.  Today my carbs consisted of a sweet potatoe, green beans, broccoli and a sandwich I had for lunch. :'(

Edit: At least it was whole wheat bread, but I still gotta try to cut it out.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2010, 12:18:38 AM »
Rman -

The article plays up the 'caveman' hook to give it some sizzle, but there is some good stuff in there anyway. The mouvement naturelle stuff is quite cool. I've seen some fun vids on youtube showing the sort of stuff that guy does for a workout - some of it just looks silly but a lot of it is awesome, very practical, and likely highly effective IMHO.

On the diet side, I own and have read Loren Cordain's Paleo for Athletes book and it's great stuff. It's a very freeform way of eating that doesn't fuss about quantities - it's all about the quality of your food, which should be right down your alley. Personally, I love dairy and seem to thrive on it (drinking insane quantities of milk right now as I'm on Starting Strength) so it's not 100% for me. I do eat along those lines a fair amount of the time though.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2010, 12:21:16 AM »
I'm trying my best to ween off bread.  That is my biggest weakness nutrition wise.  Today my carbs consisted of a sweet potatoe, green beans, broccoli and a sandwich I had for lunch. :'(

Edit: At least it was whole wheat bread, but I still gotta try to cut it out.

I just came back from a Indian curry buffet where must have had about 3 whole naans. Bread :drool

It's like booze - i know my body works better without it and I really can't defend my consumption of it in any way. I just can't stop. I did a low-carb diet for a year and by the end of it I was miserable, and the weight came back on as soon as I stopped. Moderating my intake is working out far better than going cold turkey.
vjj

duckman2000

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2010, 12:36:43 AM »
I know I've said this before and it sounds hippie spirit crap, but there really is something beneficial to keeping some "bad" things that are near and dear to you. I have a few too many of those and I'm going to make a bold attempt to cut the "worst," but I've tried going all out before and I'm pretty sure that made everything worse. At this point, I look at the bad habits and ingredients as luxuries that my working out can buy me, which seems like a fair trade.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
I could never give up pasta or tea. But I already do the one meal a day, gorging when there food available thing- sometimes.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »
Oh yeah, I bought some weightlifting shoes. Did my first session in them last week. It's going to take a little bit of getting used to (the raised hell seemed to bring me forward on the way out of the squat), but they feel incredibly stable. You feel cemented to the floor. Can't wait to try them with the Olympic lifts, front squats, overhead squats etc.

vjj

Rman

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
So are you gonna continue to do Xfit stuff, or are you going to take Coach Rippetoe's advice and only do SS exclusively?