Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 817084 times)

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Re: FitnessBore - 2011 edition
« Reply #2100 on: March 23, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »
My standard advice is - even if I were a doctor or chiropractor or whatever, I'd be an idiot to try to diagnose you over the net. So if you think it's serious, go see a doctor. Otherwise, don't bug me about it :)
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2101 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
Mups - maybe you need more variety in your eggs. Yesterday I had scrambled eggs with blue cheese, salmon and asparagus; the day before was just fried in bacon grease. Almost every day is different, depending on how you cook and what you add to 'em. I still love them. Then again, I rarely have more than 4 a day. Knowing how to cook is pretty much a prerequisite. Everyone needs to be able to make 10 or so healthy meals they really enjoy eating.
vjj

Skidmark

« Reply #2102 on: March 23, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »
My standard advice is - even if I were a doctor or chiropractor or whatever, I'd be an idiot to try to diagnose you over the net. So if you think it's serious, go see a doctor. Otherwise, don't bug me about it :)
ok cool, I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #2103 on: March 23, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
Mups - maybe you need more variety in your eggs. Yesterday I had scrambled eggs with blue cheese, salmon and asparagus; the day before was just fried in bacon grease. Almost every day is different, depending on how you cook and what you add to 'em. I still love them. Then again, I rarely have more than 4 a day. Knowing how to cook is pretty much a prerequisite. Everyone needs to be able to make 10 or so healthy meals they really enjoy eating.

What about my case: is it a good idea to eat cheese and fried stuff?! I've been holding back all that stuff up until now :-\

For the past week I've been eating mostly the same things: boiled eggs and sausage for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, a cup of meat and cooked vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrots) for dinner. I was totally fine the first few days, but now :bleh.

I desperately need variety but I'm too afraid of mixing it up since it's been working so well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:49:21 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #2104 on: March 23, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
Shoulder joint is one of the easiest to hurt.  I wouldn't strain it anymore until it gets better. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2105 on: March 23, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
'cheese' and 'fried stuff' are too vague.

Cheese is a totally unnecessary food for anything other than flavor. Keep it to a minimum and never eat anything but full-fat gooey cheeses if you can avoid it. It's an indulgence so if you don't love what you're eating, don't do it. There are a lot of conflicting views on dairy even among very advanced nutritional thinkers so the easiest thing to do is just avoid it altogether. I've experimented a lot and the only thing that seems worth to have part of a regular eating routine it is full-fat greek yoghurt. Milk is not a good idea, unless you want to GAIN weight.

Fried stuff - well. What are you frying and what are you frying it in? Bacon and eggs in bacon grease is great, or steak in macadamia oil. OTOH, pork cutlets or chicken nuggets in vegetable oil is terrible. There is a whole spectrum in between.

If you are not enjoying what you eat, stop the diet. You'll quit it in disgust eventually. Eat what you normally do and learn how to fucking cook! Then you can improve your diet gradually and PERMANENTLY rather than these sporadic and failed attempts at rapid weight loss followed by bad eating again.
vjj

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2106 on: March 23, 2011, 02:18:32 PM »
I can't explain it, Cormac.  It's the not the actual flavor of the eggs, it's just "ugh eggs" again.  But it's done so much with weight loss and muscle gain that I don't wanna cut it out.  Not to mention, it's small enough that it doesn't affect how I feel about my diet.  I eat enough variety of other stuff that I can stomach it.  I've especially been having fun with chicken.  I've gotten really good at baking it and broiling it. 

And as far as dairy goes for losing weight, it's amazing how much of an impact it makes.  I love, love, love, love, love cheese but I cut it out when I realized how much it affected my macronutrient goals.  Just wasn't worth it.  And well, milk is great for bulking up but it's also great for getting fucking fat.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2107 on: March 23, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
maybe you're not hungry enough in the mornings to handle all of that? That is probably part of the plan of course. Palumbo leaves nothing to chance. Eating less eggs probably wouldn't work so well, even if you left everything else as-is. And he doesn't give a shit if you enjoy it or not :lol

I'm doing ok on this trip to the US. I've had 2 non-Paleo meals since last Friday, which isn't bad considering I'm staying with an old friend who is a rabid foodie. I was expecting to be eating utter crap every day really. Disneyland was the toughest - every option was garbage so I had a burger and fries. Fuck it.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2108 on: March 23, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
(it tasted like shit and I felt horrible afterwards  :yuck)
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #2109 on: March 23, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »
Disneyland food :yuck

I usually at least get back outside to Disney downtown which has a couple of passable restaurants.

BTW, it's so weird to see you posting at this time of day. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2110 on: March 23, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »
maybe you're not hungry enough in the mornings to handle all of that? That is probably part of the plan of course. Palumbo leaves nothing to chance. Eating less eggs probably wouldn't work so well, even if you left everything else as-is. And he doesn't give a shit if you enjoy it or not :lol

I'm doing ok on this trip to the US. I've had 2 non-Paleo meals since last Friday, which isn't bad considering I'm staying with an old friend who is a rabid foodie. I was expecting to be eating utter crap every day really. Disneyland was the toughest - every option was garbage so I had a burger and fries. Fuck it.
Yeah, I'm not hungry at all when I wake up.  So I force 6 goddamn eggs in my stomach.  And you're probably right about it because at night I don't have the same problem.  Probably because I'm more hungry at night and I also can take my time eating them (I hate waking up early so I always rush eating them in the morning). 

I've been craving a burger but it's all mental.  Everytime I've given in and eaten something from fast food I've regretted it.  I also learned that even on my free meal I can't eat stuff like tacos the same.  I used to be able to down 5 but now I have to eat less so I don't get as sick after.  Ugh.  The flavor is great.  The feeling after is not.

Rman

« Reply #2111 on: March 23, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
I usually don't eat my first meal until 5pm most weekdays.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #2112 on: March 23, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »
If you are not enjoying what you eat, stop the diet. You'll quit it in disgust eventually. Eat what you normally do and learn how to fucking cook! Then you can improve your diet gradually and PERMANENTLY rather than these sporadic and failed attempts at rapid weight loss followed by bad eating again.

To be honest, it has nothing to do with being able to cook or not, as I can manage to pull all the basics, but it's more about how alerted and surprised I was to discover that my daily diet, before starting this program, consisted almost entirely of carbs, more specifically rice and pastas. They weren't the garnish or the side dish, but the main component with a very few cubes of protein thrown around, probably for the sake of color contrast.

I'm still in the process of adapting and exploring my options (not to mention the nutritional value of everything I ever cooked/eaten), so I don't think I'm anywhere near of giving up and going back to my old ways, as the positives I'm enjoying right now far outweighs the negatives.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:26:24 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2113 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:33 PM »
i been pounding the protein/fats (:teehee) every morning -- free-range eggs and bacon -- and supplementing throughout the afternoon with the 20/20 program's protein bars, with chicken and veggies at night and oh my the last 10 pounds are leaving me at last. 170-175 here i cum

:bow paleo :bow2
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2114 on: March 23, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
:drool bacon :drool

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:drool semen :drool
[close]
duc

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2115 on: March 23, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »
Cormac, you don't go for any of that gluten free faux-real shit do you?  I don't think you do but I'm just checking

<_<
>_>

Hell no. Like yourself, I am a foodie first and foremost :rock If I can't have real bread, I won't eat fake bread.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2116 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
i been pounding the protein/fats (:teehee) every morning -- free-range eggs and bacon -- and supplementing throughout the afternoon with the 20/20 program's protein bars, with chicken and veggies at night and oh my the last 10 pounds are leaving me at last. 170-175 here i cum

:bow paleo :bow2

:rock

once you're on the magic bus, you won't ever want to get off
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2117 on: March 23, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

you on IF now?

vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2118 on: March 23, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »

To be honest, it has nothing to do with being able to cook or not, as I can manage to pull all the basics, but it's more about how alerting and surprised I was to discover than my daily diet, before starting this program, consisted almost entirely of carbs, more specifically rice and pastas. They weren't the garnish or the side dish, but the main component with a very few cubes of protein thrown around, probably for the sake of color contrast.

I'm still in the process of adapting and exploring my options (not to mention the nutritional value of everything I ever cooked/eaten), so I don't think I'm anywhere near of giving up and going back to my old ways, as the positives I'm enjoying right now far outweighs the negatives.

Most people have no idea. They eat like a salmon cream pasta and think 'I ate fish at lunch, I am in awesome shape'. It's only when you get hardcore with the data at fitday or whatever that you realize you are eating 90% carbs by weight, and that most of your fat is from the sauce rather than the meat. Just 'cause women's magazines call it a healthy option don't make it so. It may be tasty but so what? You can make cardboard tasty.
vjj

Rman

« Reply #2119 on: March 23, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »

you on IF now?

Yep.  Good guess.  I've been doing it for one month now.  Honestly, more due to convenience than anything.  Two big meals per day is all I need.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:21:37 PM by Rman »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2120 on: March 23, 2011, 07:36:09 PM »
it's all I eat too, most days. I'm trying out Tim Ferriss' idea of eating within 30 mins of waking (well, not on this trip, but generally). So it's usually big breakfast, big lunch or small dinner (works well in terms of weight loss but I find it harder to do) or big breakfast, small lunch, big dinner which is much more fun but leads to boozing in the evening! :lol Of course there are occasional big everything days but not that many. I don't think I'd have much luck not eating before evening though - my work is over by then.
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #2121 on: March 23, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
I had a gluten free brownie at some hipster bakery in Palm Springs.  It was disgusting and insultingly overpriced at $4.  I wouldn't eat it again if they paid me $4. 

Skidmark

« Reply #2122 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
Cormacaroni: Can I do some sit ups as well after my 5x5 exercises? or shall I wait till I am done with gomad?

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #2123 on: March 24, 2011, 05:50:41 AM »
Just started going to the gym everyday to try and manage my high blood pressure. Doing 2 miles on the rowing machine followed by 1.5 miles on the elliptical and some bench presses. We'll see how it goes. I'm not doing any crunches though, fuck that.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2124 on: March 24, 2011, 05:55:12 AM »
Cormacaroni: Can I do some sit ups as well after my 5x5 exercises? or shall I wait till I am done with gomad?

Why would you do sit-ups? There is nothing they can possibly do for you that squatting and deadlifting aren't already doing.
vjj

Skidmark

« Reply #2125 on: March 24, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
True  :-[

« Reply #2126 on: March 24, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
Anyone ever done a Warrior Dash before? There's one just north of Seattle in July, the wife and I are doing it with a bunch of our friends.
野球

« Reply #2127 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »
We were going to do the one outside of Portland last Fall, but we were trying to finish the basement and we had tickets to The National that day so we didn't sign up. Really glad there's one in the Seattle area.

It's the weekend after my 1/2 marathon, hopefully I'm not too sore.
野球

« Reply #2128 on: March 24, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
You should be fine.  My wife is doing a half marathon the week before running a 50k.

The lake near my house is doing a 100k this summer. 19 times around the lake. :lol
野球

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2129 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »

Pre-ordered it today.  Comes out tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it is Cormac.
WTF

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #2130 on: March 24, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Between cutting out problem foods and walking the hour to and the hour back from work I've lost seven pounds the last two weeks. I'm kinda glad its this easy.  Now its just a matter of months I suppose.
sad

« Reply #2131 on: March 27, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »
Never thought I would sustain a potentially serious injury in the gym. Damn. Going to see a doctor next week.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2132 on: March 27, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Pre-ordered it today.  Comes out tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it is Cormac.

So, I've been looked through most of the recipes, and a lot of them look pretty tasty!  I haven't actually made anything from the cookbook yet, although I did take an idea for a frittata recipe and make it this morning.  DE-FUCKING-LICIOUS!

I don't know how it compares to his original cookbook, but it's definitely worth checking out. 
WTF

« Reply #2133 on: March 27, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »
Why would you never think that?

Never broke a bone, suffered any muscle tear or sprain. I take form very seriously, and it's paid off up until this point. Hopefully this won't require surgery but I'm 80% sure it will.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2134 on: March 29, 2011, 02:41:34 AM »
Great post from Kurt Harris MD of the pa.nu blog on the effects of marathon running on the heart:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/p-nu/201103/cardio-may-cause-heart-disease-part-i

'We should keep calling marathons, centuries on the bicycle and hours on those ridiculous stairmasters and treadmills "cardio" to remind us which organ we may be putting at risk. Running a marathon is starting to look about as smart as boxing or playing football.'

It's technical, but REALLY worth a read. The global phenomenon of running has gotten really out of hand, and too many people are waaaaaaaaaaay past the point of even diminishing returns and into the realm of actively harming their health.

There are lots of important points and caveats in the article that it would be futile to try to summarize here, so go read. I'd really like to see another study done that takes account of diet but that may never happen.
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2135 on: March 29, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »
I got a pleasant surprise this past Sunday.  I weigh myself once a week, more just to lightly keep track of where I am with my diet and exercise.  I stayed at the same weight for quite a few weeks because I took a vacation, and it threw me off for a little while.  I also realized that I was gaining a little bit of muscle, so I was only losing a pound or two here and there.

But this past week I lost another 6 lbs.  Which makes me 43.3 lbs lighter than I was in mid-October!

I still have a long way to go (another 106.7 lbs) before I'll be at a happy weight.  In another 12.7 lbs, I'll be at the weight I was at over a year ago.

Yes, I let myself go (really fucking bad) for a while.  I'm making it right, and I'm committed to it now. 

Cormac, you can call me a little bitch and get pissed at me all you want.  But I want you to know that you being an ass to me when I was being a dumbass helped a lot.  And I think you turning me on to Primal Blueprint was one of the best things that's happened to me. /realtalk
[close]
WTF

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2136 on: March 29, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
can you see your peepee yet
fat

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2137 on: March 29, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
can you see your peepee yet

:fbm  Workin' on it...

:lol
[close]

WTF

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2138 on: March 29, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »
hot
fat

Skidmark

« Reply #2139 on: March 29, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »
Ok, some progress:

I am 184 cm (6 feet) tall and two months ago I weighted 63 kg (138 lbs), now I weight 73 kg (160 lbs).
I started eating properly two months ago, then started working out about a month ago and now I have been on gomad and 5x5 for about a week. most of my gains where from the last two weeks.

Just a weird thing that I have noticed today, right under my right nipple, I am starting to feel something hard and it hurts when i press on it. Kind of like when you get gyno. I am not on any steroids but I have been drinking a lot of milk and protein shakes the last two weeks. I am not even sure if it has anything to do with gomad, google shows nothing. Doesn't bother me but I will wait a week or so and see what happens.

I do not have any before pics, wasn't really expecting this kind of result and didn't even plan this whole thing. I can post some pics later. My stomach got a bit bigger but i can still see my abs. Also squats are awesome, my new favorite.

Here is what I work out with (5x5 3 times a week):
bench press: started with 40 kg now 50 kg (110 lbs)
Squats: started with 40 kg now 60 kg (132 lbs)
Barbell Rows: Started with 30 kg now 50 kg (110 lbs)
Overhead Press: 30 kg (66 lbs)
Deadlift: haven't tried it yet

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2140 on: March 29, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
- no idea what is going on with your nipple, possibly just a bruised bone from resting the bar there during bench. Not a problem anyone here can solve for you. See a doctor if you're worried.

- 22lbs of mostly lean muscle in around 2 weeks :o What the fucking fuck. You don't seem to be lifting heavy enough to get those kind of lean gains yet but perhaps that means the best is yet to come. :o
vjj

Skidmark

« Reply #2141 on: March 29, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »
- no idea what is going on with your nipple, possibly just a bruised bone from resting the bar there during bench. Not a problem anyone here can solve for you. See a doctor if you're worried.

- 22lbs of mostly lean muscle in around 2 weeks :o What the fucking fuck. You don't seem to be lifting heavy enough to get those kind of lean gains yet but perhaps that means the best is yet to come. :o

More like 10 lbs in 2 weeks, the rest i have gained over the past two months before gomad. I still can't believe it myself. I have done some boxing for a bout a year many years ago and I gained only 2 kg. so this is mind blowing for me, always thought that I was a hard gainer.
I have weighted myself at the thaiboxing gym around the 2nd of feb and it showed 63 kg with jeans on, I even lied to my friends and said that it showed 65 kg  :lol I just checked today and it said 73 kg with shorts on. I think a lot of it is fat but since I am skinny it doesn't show at all. I have been cheating a bit though, I play some football and thaiboxing once in a while.

I want to try to add another 10 kg to the bench and the squats tomorrow. The thing is that I train alone and it would suck to not be able to finish 5x5. Squats scare me a bit, I have nowhere to rest the bar if I can't raise myself, don't have an exit plan. I use the bar holder for the bench press to do the squats.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow so you can show me what I can work more on. but I am not exaggerating at all about the 10 kg in two months.
I eat once every 4 hours or so. One thing that I have noticed though is that I find it a lot harder to eat the last couple of days, especially breakfast, I have to wake up a whole hour earlier to manage to eat in time. I also haven't gained anything the last 4 days or so, I think my stomach is getting tired.

Also, I used to weight 70 kg a couple of years ago, can this be why I managed to gain them again so fast but started to have difficulty after the 70 kg point?

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2142 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »
I fucked my knee up running on sunday :'(

Time for the bike.

sorry to hear that but not exactly shocking with those mileages.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2143 on: March 29, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Skidmark - Oh yeah, it's easier to regain muscle than it is to gain it for the first time. Same goes for strength. If you can't squat heavy, deadlift instead. But you should really find someplace you can squat safely. You need to be pushing yourself with the weight to make gains - it has to be scary.

vjj

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2144 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
I got a pleasant surprise this past Sunday.  I weigh myself once a week, more just to lightly keep track of where I am with my diet and exercise.  I stayed at the same weight for quite a few weeks because I took a vacation, and it threw me off for a little while.  I also realized that I was gaining a little bit of muscle, so I was only losing a pound or two here and there.

But this past week I lost another 6 lbs.  Which makes me 43.3 lbs lighter than I was in mid-October!

I still have a long way to go (another 106.7 lbs) before I'll be at a happy weight.  In another 12.7 lbs, I'll be at the weight I was at over a year ago.

Yes, I let myself go (really fucking bad) for a while.  I'm making it right, and I'm committed to it now. 

Cormac, you can call me a little bitch and get pissed at me all you want.  But I want you to know that you being an ass to me when I was being a dumbass helped a lot.  And I think you turning me on to Primal Blueprint was one of the best things that's happened to me. /realtalk
[close]
Good job, dude!  I lost another 3 lbs last week.  I'm hoping to lose around 20 more before I'm happy. 

Skidmark

« Reply #2145 on: March 31, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
Here is a pic of me that I have taken today:

I thought that I was much bigger than this, it feels so but in the pics I still look very skinny. I also added 10 kg to both squats and bench press today, It wasn't as hard as I thought but my body gives up easily after the 3rd or 4th rep.

« Reply #2146 on: April 01, 2011, 01:15:48 AM »
That tight stomach will disappear once you're into your bulking phase, then you start the long process of cutting.

Skidmark

« Reply #2147 on: April 03, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Huzzah, severe finger infection causing massive vomitus !

Down 1.5kg in one week.

what does a finger weigh? at this rate i can see it getting cut off :/

Did you get it checked up? if so what was the medical opinion?

Skidmark

« Reply #2148 on: April 03, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »
I have been having sharp pain in my feet lately when I walk, somewhere in the middle of the feet. I found out that it was because I wasn't doing squats properly. When I raise up from the ground, my knees get closer to each other and my feet kind of raise a bit from the floor, most of the weight would be on the side where I have my big toes.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2149 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
p.s. YES i'm serious. Finger is a mess. 1cm cubed plus mass tumour, skin stretching, deep rooted infection , nerve damage and constant agony.

I can provide pictures but to be honest, it's the grosses fucking thing i've ever seen.

Shit dude, that doesn't sound good. Please say you've been to a doctor.
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2150 on: April 03, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »
I have been having sharp pain in my feet lately when I walk, somewhere in the middle of the feet. I found out that it was because I wasn't doing squats properly. When I raise up from the ground, my knees get closer to each other and my feet kind of raise a bit from the floor, most of the weight would be on the side where I have my big toes.

Yeah, weight has to be on the heels, knees should be in line with your feet. Correct this now before you start lifting heavy. If you're doing this wrong, you're probably doing a half-dozen other things wrong as well, as mistakes like that have a ripple effect.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2151 on: April 03, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
does this mean you have to j/o with the other hand? I mean, it doesn't hurt to play the field a bit. Could be a blessing in disguise.
vjj

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2152 on: April 03, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »
how the heck did this happen, dc?
duc

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2153 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:08 PM »
do you think he remembers? I am not privy to the details but 100% sure he just woke up in a pool of blood, reeking of Black Nikka whiskey.
vjj

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2154 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »
good point. as long as it wasn't crooked up trying to get some sega ufo tchotchke away from his prostate, it's all good
duc

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2155 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:24 PM »
2 months?? Time for an Uzi suicide, if you can manage to pull the trigger.
vjj

Himu

« Reply #2156 on: April 04, 2011, 12:45:45 AM »
is it true that green tea is bad for kidneys? due to my high blood pressure, I've been drinking on average at least 3-5 cups of green tea a day for at least 2 weeks, and along with good water consumption, I feel better than I have been in the past year. but I read that copious amount of green tea is bad for kidneys?

but it's my favorite tea!

I just bought new japanese green tea leaves with jasmine!

edit: on further note, it seems this is only in regards to green tea supplements and not the tea itself. You'd have to drink over 10-15 cups of green tea a day for it to even remotely affect your liver and kidneys. 4-5 cups is fine.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:48:36 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2157 on: April 04, 2011, 12:53:53 AM »
The answer to the question of 'Is this good for me or not?' is almost always 'Yes, in appropriate amounts'. People do get crazy when they think they have discovered a magic Wonder Food, like blueberries or fish oil or cinnamon, and start injecting blueberry extract into the eyeball or whatever. But usually the expense and inconvenience of it prevent most people from taking it too far.
vjj

Himu

« Reply #2158 on: April 04, 2011, 12:57:13 AM »
drinking my fourth cup before bed :smug
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2159 on: April 04, 2011, 12:58:37 AM »
Go for it. Bread, pasta and sugar is far more dangerous and you're still eating that, right?
vjj