Author Topic: The Bore Wrasslin' Thread, Brother!  (Read 13780 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
The Bore Wrasslin' Thread, Brother!
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
He's back brother. And he's here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and he's all out of bubblegum!

It's a double edge sword. The fans know what's happened to me over the past couple of years. I lost my family. I pretty much got devastated financially and the fans know that I've had some hard times - and that's the nature of loyal fans. They want to see the people that they love and believe in get back on their feet. That's part of it. And the other part of it is that the fans are sick of this monopoly. They're sick of contrived programming. They're sick of seeing Shawn Michaels and Triple H run around like a couple of degenerates and act goofy and, you know, doing the whole Hornswoggle thing. The fans are tired of that weak programming.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/105/1057741p1.html

January 4th you will believe!

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:22:24 AM by Good Day Sir »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Re: Hulk Hogan bodyslams the WWE Monday night
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:18:41 AM »
so impact will finally do more than a 1.3? awesome!
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:19:57 AM »
WRESTLING :LOL
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:47 AM »
WRESTLING :LOL

VIDEOGAMES  :smug

so impact will finally do more than a 1.3? awesome!

I'm mainly teasing about how well a show they will put on but anything is better than WWE at this point. They need real competition. Both products are pretty unwatchable at the moment but you need that competition to at least get them trying again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:23:26 AM by Stoney Mason »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »
I haven't watched wrestling since 2001, but it how many more "Tooth Fairy" movies before the Rock makes his return?

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:22:16 AM »
wrestling  :-\ :'(
うぐう

Stoney Mason

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
I haven't watched wrestling since 2001, but it how many more "Tooth Fairy" movies before the Rock makes his return?

As long as he keeps cashing big Hollywood checks which will likely be forever he'll never return sadly. Being a Hollywood Star with more money and less work than a wrestler is an easy choice. As long as he is saving it of course.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
It's going to be interesting.  The WWE is countering with Bret Hart as their guest host, and several big PPV matches.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 12:49:21 AM »
it's on Japanese tv.
I watched something something Cena something something "irish" guy with red hair "FRU DA TAIBUL" blah blah blah i'm the bad guy

Never a watcher, and I always thought it was bad... but never quite THIS bad.... right?

It's gotten worse and worse and worse.  Most of WWE RAW in December 2009 (what you were watching) was also the absolute bottom of the barrel.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 12:53:17 AM »
It's going to be interesting.  The WWE is countering with Bret Hart as their guest host, and several big PPV matches.

Bret Hart is such a weirdo. He acts like he as all this integrity but then he does weird shit like this.

Himu

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »
BRET HART?!?!?!?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
That's part of it. And the other part of it is that the fans are sick of this monopoly. They're sick of contrived programming. They're sick of seeing Shawn Michaels and Triple H run around like a couple of degenerates and act goofy and, you know, doing the whole Hornswoggle thing. The fans are tired of that weak programming.

HULK GETS IT :bow

I used to LOVE wrestling. late 90's wrestling was the shit. It was pure entertainment and enjoyable on a week to week basis. Everyone talked about it, and both shows (WCW and WWF) continued to push themselves time and time again and do even more crazy stuff.

Now it's so boring. The plotlines are TERRIBLE. They are not fun, they are not hilarious, I don't want to watch the same feud for MONTHS.

I love wrestling and still do, but when both TNA and WWE bore me to death I'm not going to watch.

But I'm watching this. :hyper
IYKYK

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 12:59:17 AM »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:52 AM »
Wrestling has always been a cyclical product that has up stretches followed by long down stretches. What happened this time though was that the stars like the Rock and Stone Cold who would have softened the down stretches left and that's like if Hogan and Flair just suddenly stopped wrestling at the height of their popularity. Then when the WWE won the war, there was no reason to keep the product entertaining or even try. If you know the dedicated audience at least will watch no matter what and you have no competitor, then why try to reach anybody else.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:07:40 AM by Stoney Mason »

• •••
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
holy shit this guy is the WWF champion now? :lol

"The Model" Rick Martel could totally beat his ass.
うぐう

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
I know people who realize wrestling is fake, yet will never forgive Hulk for the NWO stint  :lol

In the late 80s/early90s I was a wrestling fan and loved Hogan; I still have my Hulk plush doll from back in the day  :shh

I haven't payed attention to wrestling in years though, while many of my friends were fans well into high school. I'll definitely check this Spike thing out, if I can find videos online lol

Himu

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »
POST YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLING MOMENTS ITT

[youtube=560,345]U758NFYCD-A[/youtube]

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:19 AM »
I know people who realize wrestling is fake, yet will never forgive Hulk for the NWO stint  :lol

In the late 80s/early90s I was a wrestling fan and loved Hogan; I still have my Hulk plush doll from back in the day  :shh

I haven't payed attention to wrestling in years though, while many of my friends were fans well into high school. I'll definitely check this Spike thing out, if I can find videos online lol

The NWO was awesome.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 01:15:44 AM »
Yes it's Canada, but listen to the crowd go INSANE with the tease that Bret Hart is going to come out.

That's part of it. And the other part of it is that the fans are sick of this monopoly. They're sick of contrived programming. They're sick of seeing Shawn Michaels and Triple H run around like a couple of degenerates and act goofy and, you know, doing the whole Hornswoggle thing. The fans are tired of that weak programming.

HULK GETS IT :bow

LOL.  That is one of the most hypocritical things THE HULKSTER BROTHER has ever said.  
ど助平

drew

• sy
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »

*insert any degeneration x youtube here*

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 01:16:16 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Saint Cornelius has been working out.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
I know people who realize wrestling is fake, yet will never forgive Hulk for the NWO stint  :lol

In the late 80s/early90s I was a wrestling fan and loved Hogan; I still have my Hulk plush doll from back in the day  :shh

The NWO was awesome.

I had an NWO shirt but my mom threw it away after I wore it to bible camp  :'(

Himu

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 01:17:15 AM »
I would jizz my pants if I got to see Bret Hart wrestle again.

The NWO was awesome.

I had an NWO shirt but my mom threw it away after I wore it to bible camp  :'(

My mom wouldn't let me have an NWO shirt so I made one myself :smug
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »
LOL.  That is one of the most hypocritical things THE HULKSTER BROTHER has ever said.  

It really is, but it doesn't take away from the fact it's DA TRUF.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »

Hell Mike the "Miz" from the Real World has a belt.

Nice enough dude but c'mon!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 01:19:06 AM »
And who can forget--

And then the match where HBK oversells like nobody has ever oversold before.   :lol

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 01:19:12 AM »
What belt does Miz have?

I like the wrestlers like Kofi. He's a cool dude. But it seems like those wrestlers don't get nearly as much screen time as I'd like. I also hate Matt Hardy's guts now. I used to love The Hardy's, but now I think he's a cigarillo.
IYKYK

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »

He's in his 50s, hasn't wrestled in a decade, and had a massive stroke. This is like jizzing your pants for another Shenmue game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »

Yeah, so it's really too bad that nothing Hogan does in TNA is going to counter that.  
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:55 AM »

He's in his 50s, hasn't wrestled in a decade, and had a massive stroke. This is like jizzing your pants for another Shenmue game.

That's why it will never happen.  :'(
IYKYK

• •••
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 01:22:06 AM »

this video is so amazing (ly cheesy)
うぐう

Himu

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »

Yeah, so it's really too bad that nothing Hogan does in TNA is going to counter that.  

You're right. I just want to watch some competitive wrestling again. I remember back in the old days, I would flip between WWF and WCW every few minutes. Sometimes they'd trash the other channel, and even in some cases (like Mankind winning the Championship belt at WWF) the competition outright tells the result of the event just to spite the other competition. :lol

But Hulk coming to TNA or Bret coming WWF won't change a thing. They still have the same crappy writers who make boring plotlines and feuds, and now that WWE is PG, it'll never get back to the mayhem it had during the Attitude era.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:39 AM »
What belt does Miz have?

I like the wrestlers like Kofi. He's a cool dude.

The Miz is the Intercontinental Champ.  I never saw him on the Real World, but there's nothing about him (now) as a pro wrestler to mock for that.  He's one of the better young heels out there.  He was part of a tag team with Tough Enough winner John Morrison, and both of them have improved tremendously from when they started.

Kofi's gotten better ever since they gave him a push and he dropped the "Jamaica, mon" gimmick.  Wrasslin' sites say he's in the doghouse for some shit he did backstage though.

RAW is usually always boring as fuck.  I barely watch whole shows and prefer to wait to download/watch them on Youtube so I can see the five minutes out of the two hour show that are decent or sometimes actually good.  ECW is much better, but I never watch it.  Never watch Smackdown! either.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 01:24:26 AM »

this video is so amazing (ly cheesy)
:lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 01:25:51 AM »
What belt does Miz have?

The Miz is the Intercontinental Champ.  I never saw him on the Real World, but there's nothing about him (now) as a pro wrestler to mock for that.  He's one of the better young heels out there.  He was part of a tag team with Tough Enough winner John Morrison, and both of them have improved tremendously from when they started.

Kofi's gotten better ever since they gave him a push and he dropped the "Jamaica, mon" gimmick.  Wrasslin' sites say he's in the doghouse for some shit he did backstage though.

RAW is usually always boring as fuck.  I barely watch whole shows and prefer to wait to download/watch them on Youtube so I can see the five minutes out of the two hour show that are decent or sometimes actually good.  ECW is much better, but I never watch it.  Never watch Smackdown! either.

Smackdown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raw in terms of wrestling and talent. Sometimes. I was watching last summer and Smackdown was infinitely more entertaining than Raw on a week to week basis on average. Raw is full of bullshit, Smackdown is where the awesome wrestling goes, at least imo. But not awesome enough for me to watch every damn week. But I still flip to it on occasions.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »
What belt does Miz have?

The same one that Ricky the Dragon Steamboat once had. So he's just as good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_United_States_Champions

He has essentially the intercontinental champion version of the belt for Smackdown. It's the mid card belt they give to people in the hopes of making them main eventers one day.

Himu

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 01:27:16 AM »
What belt does Miz have?

The Miz is the Intercontinental Champ.  I never saw him on the Real World, but there's nothing about him (now) as a pro wrestler to mock for that.  He's one of the better young heels out there.  He was part of a tag team with Tough Enough winner John Morrison, and both of them have improved tremendously from when they started

I think miz is a great heel. A lot better than...fuck...Randy Orton. Miz making fun of John Cena makes me lol every time. I like the feud between him and Cena a lot because I hate Cena's guts.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 01:27:54 AM »
Do people get emotionally invested with this new crop of wrestlers? The little I've seen of modern wrestling has been boring as fuck, like Cena. Stonecold was fun. The Rock was fun. These guys, meh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »

You're right. I just want to watch some competitive wrestling again.

Even if hell froze over and TNA did some amazing stuff (I predict it's Hogan coming out and making some lame speech, plus some ex-WWE guys like Mr. Kennedy debut), it doesn't matter because TNA just doesn't have the same audience numbers and popularity that WCW did (before they started beating the WWF), plus this Monday show is currently a one-time thing.  If they do well, the Spike TV prez said he'd think about giving them one Monday a month, and then after that, maybe switching to live on Mondays if they did well.  I rarely watch TNA because it's also total garbage most of the time, but I think it would help if they dump Vince Russo and get someone else as head of creative.  The problem is that this role seems to be going to Hogan, and...yeah.   :-\

But Hulk coming to TNA or Bret coming WWF won't change a thing. They still have the same crappy writers who make boring plotlines and feuds, and now that WWE is PG, it'll never get back to the mayhem it had during the Attitude era.

Yep.  That's why what TNA really needs to do is have the type of wrestling matches and storylines that the WWE can't do because of their PG rating.  BTW, supposedly the switch to PG was the result of John Cena campaigning HARD for the change.  Absolutely hilarious if (there's any truth to it) true...have you ever heard his rap album?   :lol

Another thing is that with WWE's current target audience, nobody knows who the fuck Bret Hart even IS.   :lol

If TNA were to somehow do well enough to be competition for the WWE, they'd drop the PG shit in a hurry.  Too bad that will never happen.
Do people get emotionally invested with this new crop of wrestlers? The little I've seen of modern wrestling has been boring as fuck, like Cena. Stonecold was fun. The Rock was fun. These guys, meh

The current WWE "product" (I love these stupid wrasslin' terms) is pretty much aimed at younger kids, and they seem to love it.  I am in agreement with you...there has yet to be anyone who has come along and even come close to being the next Stonecold or Rock.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 01:31:12 AM »

Cena was fine for a stretch and can be fine at times. The problem was they perma-glued the belt to him and eliminated the edgy part of his character. They've done a horrible job of breaking new stars in recent years. Or at least getting them to the level of prior stars in years past.

Himu

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »

No. Not at all. They're all boring.

Is it the writers or are the wrestlers themselves just not interesting or is it both?

Then again, they managed to make two of my favorite wrestlers, Kane and Undertaker into completely boring slobs I don't give a shit about.

Whenever The Rock came on, back in the Attitude era, I'd pay attention; he was hilarious, he had charisma, you couldn't help but love him. Now whenver I watch the (very rare) episode of Raw or Impact, I'm barely paying attention whether it's one of my favorite wrestlers (Mick Foley, Sting;etc) or young blood. It's not because I don't like wrestling anymore either.

The writing isn't nearly as entertaining.

I miss when they'd do over the top crap like wrestle in barb wired cages or bury people alive or ram giant trucks into the ring and guzzle 100 beers in just a few seconds.

:'(
IYKYK

• •••
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »

:bow
うぐう

Himu

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 01:34:34 AM »
:lol :lol :lol
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Gah, my eyes! It's like Simon Pegg was bitten by a radioactive House of Pain.
vjj

Himu

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:30 AM »
Wait, you're telling me Cena PUSHED for the PG rating? Even more to dislike that smarmy cunt.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »

ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 01:38:31 AM »
David Letterman use to love 80's wrestling because it was like surreal comedy. He and his writing staff use to watch it. You just don't get stuff like this anymore.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 01:40:02 AM »
Look at this promo.  You'd NEVER see this in the WWE today.   :'(

Wait, you're telling me Cena PUSHED for the PG rating? Even more to dislike that smarmy cunt.

If it's to be believed...I always take those wrasslin' sites with a grain of salt.  I mean, obviously ribbing goes on, but Randy Orton SHITTING in people's bags?  :wtf
ど助平

• •••
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 01:40:59 AM »
Yeah that's the problem with wrestling now, I think. It's just not over the top anymore. Even when they had guys like The Rock or Stone Cold running around it was fun because everything was a hypersexualized slapstick show.

Are there any more "funny" guys in the WWE right now like The Rock?
うぐう

Himu

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 01:46:37 AM »
Yeah that's the problem with wrestling now, I think. It's just not over the top anymore. Even when they had guys like The Rock or Stone Cold running around it was fun because everything was a hypersexualized slapstick show.

Santino is the WWE's current go to guy for comedy and I love him for it; mostly.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 01:47:34 AM »

They occasionally pull off a funny skit or do something humorous for a bit with somebody but no they don't have any consistently funny people like the old days. There is no Roddy Pipper, The Rock, Dusty Rhodes, or Ric Flair shit talkers that just can always deliver the goods. It's sad.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:52:28 AM by Stoney Mason »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 01:49:06 AM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »
Sometimes they give certain wrestlers that role, though. Like, I was watching a few years back and Carlito was given the role as the resident funny dude.

Of course, it's wasn't very good though.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 01:51:07 AM »
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 01:51:15 AM »

Santino is the WWE's current go to guy for comedy and I love him for it; mostly.

Santino is fucking terrible since they turned him face.

RAW is generally terrible, ECW is hilariously bad ( :bow TIFFANY :bow2), and Smackdown is good but not worth going out of your way for. TNA overall is pretty terrible but they sometimes have good wrestling but nothing makes sense.

Wrestling is generally terrible right now.
itm

Himu

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
Santino as a heel :bow

Fuck, as an adult I mostly can't stand face characters anymore. I'm all about heel baby. :bow
IYKYK

• •••
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 01:53:37 AM »
"I got your delicious sandwich!!" :lol
"KYJ" :rofl
うぐう

Himu

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2010, 01:54:42 AM »

Oh my gawd. :lol

:bow The Rock :bow2
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:56:49 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

• •••
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2010, 01:57:57 AM »

I see Goldust is still around, do they still allow him to do goofy shit like this?
うぐう