Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 201766 times)

Bebpo

Re: Evilbore Mecha Gaming Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:09 PM »
I never picked up For Answer, but I'd like to.

btw, I'm up for Gundam online one of these days.  I dunno how balanced it will be since I've beaten all of the entire first mission so far and you are like MASTER OF GAME but I'm up for giving it a shot.  Thu/Fri/Sat are the best nights for me, but I can play on other weeknights to after I get school stuff done.  I'm just pretty exhausted and will be less enthusiastic about it on those nights :P

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
I never picked up For Answer, but I'd like to.

btw, I'm up for Gundam online one of these days.  I dunno how balanced it will be since I've beaten all of the entire first mission so far and you are like MASTER OF GAME but I'm up for giving it a shot.  Thu/Fri/Sat are the best nights for me, but I can play on other weeknights to after I get school stuff done.  I'm just pretty exhausted and will be less enthusiastic about it on those nights :P

I'm so far from being MASTER OF GAME, but some guys on my friendlist are.  :o I haven't played in a while or even unlocked a lot of the DLC Mobile Suits I purchased.

I don't game much on Fri/Sat nights, but I'd definitely be up for it on a Thursday!
野球

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2010, 12:41:27 AM »

I know Ichirou has this, but does anyone else? It's on my Japan shopping list, but I'd love some impressions.
野球

originalz

• Z!?
Is AC4 Answer on the American Xbox games on demand marketplace?  It's on the Japanese one.  One of my friends back home was crazy for the AC games, he would buy all of the releases, they all seemed the same to me but I did enjoy playing them.  Bloody hell though, back in the PS2 era it was like they were releasing a new game each season, I guess the HD-era has forced them to slow down the releases.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Speaking of which, did that MechWarrior game just fall off the face of the planet or something? They showed a trailer, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Speaking of which, did that MechWarrior game just fall off the face of the planet or something? They showed a trailer, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since.

Was that trailer in-game? I'd imagine it was just a target render or something. It gave me Steel Battalion vibes so I'll preorder 10 copies.
BiSH

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
野球

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
[youtube=560,345]JNu-4df-uTY&fmt=18[/youtube]

The only mech game that matters to me anymore.

For the love of fucking god, someone give me a sequel.
Tacos

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:19:58 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

Was that trailer in-game? I'd imagine it was just a target render or something. It gave me Steel Battalion vibes so I'll preorder 10 copies.

The last I heard, they had some problems with rights issues.  They were trying to include Macross mecha they no longer had the rights to and apparently Harmony Gold sued their asses.  I hate Harmony Gold...
PS4

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Kojima said to Edge or someone a while ago he was definitely going to do Zone of the Enders 3. I'll be looking forward to that. It's a sad thing Sega is shutting down/has shut down the Chromehounds servers, looks like a decent Mech game.
◕‿◕

Bebpo

On JP PSN there is a closed beta for a program called "Gundam Viewchives"

Mr. Gundam, any idea on what it is?

On JP PSN there is a closed beta for a program called "Gundam Viewchives"

Mr. Gundam, any idea on what it is?

It's a Gundam specific Video on Demand system.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/03/18/gundam_vod_for_ps3
http://playstation.joystiq.com/tag/gundam-viewchives/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:57:01 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Yup, I heard about this.  But it's not even full episodes, just clips.  Sounds like such a waste of a potentially good idea.
PS4

It basically sounds like an online video encyclopedia. Kinda cool to mess around with for a couple hours, but that's it.

Behold the fruits of that Cellius deal between Sony and Bandai Namco. :lol
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Only covers the original Gundam series, too...not even any of the other shows.
PS4

I download the Gundam Viewchives plug-in, doesn't look like you can actually use it until later this month, though.
野球

野球

http://gundam-vs.jp/ac-new/

New Gundam Vs. game announcement coming in nine days.
野球

Re: Evilbore Mecha Gaming Thread: No Dudebros here, just Ro-bros.
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

I kind of figured we'd hear about the new Gundam Vs. arcade title in this week's Famitsu. Guess we'll have to wait until Friday.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:36:21 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »
Can't see shit, captain.  I'm at work and it's blocked. What is it? :hyper
PS4

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »
Gundam Assault Survive scan from Famitsu. Nothing too exciting. Some new playable MS from Gundam 00 announced.
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
Ah, I was hoping it'd be info on Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT ADVANCED SUPERIOR or whatever it's going to be called.
PS4

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
Table of Contents isn't out yet, so maybe there's something. I'm guessing we'll have to wait until Friday.
野球

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 12:57:43 PM »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/17/gundam_assault_survive_demo_dnld/

Namco Bandai Limits Gundam Assault Survive Demo Downloads
Only 100,000 can access demo on PSN.
Posted Feb 17, 2010 at 21:43, By Anoop Gantayat

Gundam Assault Survive hits on March 18.

Namco Bandai has a somewhat unique distribution method in place for its Gundam Assault Survive demo. The demo will be released tomorrow at noon, but only 100,000 PSP owners will be able to download it. After that, the demo will be pulled.

Until the following day, that is, when it becomes available for download again without any limitations. Well, just one limitation. Instead of PSN, the demo's second offering will be through the game's official site (yes, the site does look like Famitsu.com).

Is Namco Bandai trying to get players to rush to download the demo with the threat of 24 hours additional wait time if they're too late? Or is there some secret cost cutting hanky panky going on here?

No matter how you get it, the demo will offer a sampling of the new pilot creation tool along with sections of Uchuu Seiki, Seed, and OO missions. You'll also get to try out three player ad-hoc cooperative play.

While you won't be able to carry your save data over, Namco Bandai is also promising something special for those who have a demo save file when starting play on the final version. You'll definitely want to get this demo, either as one of the 100,000 lucky many via PSN, or through the official site.
野球

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »

Anyone ever play the Patlabor PS1 game?
野球

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:23 AM »
http://www.mechadamashii.com/news/news-next-gundam-versus-game-to-be-unicorn-specific/

This is currently a rumour at present but it seems the next Gundam Versus game, that’s been hinted at on the official site, will be Gundam Unicorn focused. This would mark a return to the series specific approach that the games had prior to the Gundam vs Gundam shift a few years ago. This also means we’ll get to finally see both the Sinanju and Banshee in a game with any luck. In addition to this news, it also appears that the Unicorn Gundam will also make an appearance in Gundam Assault Survive and separately Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus will also receive some “Special Edition” DLC sometime in April. In any case, we’ll know for sure on these by the end of the week.
野球

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
Gundam Vs. Extreme. Appears to be U.C. focused.

野球

cool breeze

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
I just want a Gundam vs Gundam game on the PS3, 360, PS2, or even Wii  :maf

I tried the demo for Gundam Assault Survive, btw.  Seems exactly like what you'd expect if you played any of the PSP games except the first one that was a bit stiff.

Bebpo

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
What the hell is the point of a countdown and then a trailer that is nothing but THE LOGO

Game companies have gotten ridiculous with their marketing.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
I wouldn't mind a Gundam Vs. game that had tons of mecha from every UC Gundam series, including MS Igloo.
PS4

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »
Crossbone Gundam is in the trailer, as well as in a couple of the background images on the site!!!!!

Strke Freedom is another one, so it's not UC-only.

I just want a Gundam vs Gundam game on the PS3, 360, PS2, or even Wii  :maf

I tried the demo for Gundam Assault Survive, btw.  Seems exactly like what you'd expect if you played any of the PSP games except the first one that was a bit stiff.

I downloaded the demo last night, but I haven't played it yet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:44:13 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Crossbone and 00 are in?

nice

cool breeze

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »
Crossbone is the second best news

first is

PS3 base system 357 board.

hope for console version increases

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
Despite being a big Raideen fan, I never really got into giant mech games. I liked this Ghost in the Shell game on PS1 which I heard was built with the Jumping Flash engine:
[youtube=560,345]Nl3jbZ7JJ8I[/youtube]

Oh, and Harmony Gold sucks... but isn't Battletech almost entirely based off abusing a licensing contract loophole?

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »
The GitS PS1 game is really good. Even has 16:9 support.

New Gundam VS game revealed, machine to start in fall 2010.

Created with a PS3-level board so graphics are a lot better. The keyword is "evolution to the limits!"

Series list:
Gundam, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, F91, V, G, W, X, Turn A, Seed, Destiny, 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team, 00, Unicorn, CROSSBONE, IGLOO

There will be more additions.

System: No major changes. Eight-way level, four buttons, 2 vs 2.
PS3 base system 357 board.
To start in fall but location testing will begin in summer.
Graphics to be the best ever by Bandai Namco.
No fine details yet.
Serial numbers can be seen in the movie and so you can figure out what the unrevealed units are.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:05:07 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
[youtube=560,345]Nl3jbZ7JJ8I[/youtube]

stupid sexy motoko
萌え~

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
野球

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
Anyone ever play Bulk Slash on the Saturn?

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9019703
野球

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2010, 07:16:23 PM »
The current Famitsu mentioned a new title in a popular SRPG series announcment for next week... sounds like it's a remake of a SNES Super Robot Wars title for the DS. FUCK THAT SHIT.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
Anyone ever play Bulk Slash on the Saturn?

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9019703

yes, actually.  It wasn't that long ago either (2008 I think?).  It was pretty fun.  I forgot how recommended it to me, but I was checking out various import games for the Saturn.  Somewhat related:  Blue Destiny on the saturn is pretty fun too.

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
yes, actually.  It wasn't that long ago either (2008 I think?).  It was pretty fun.  I forgot how recommended it to me, but I was checking out various import games for the Saturn.  Somewhat related:  Blue Destiny on the saturn is pretty fun too.

Blue Destiny trilogy is on my shopping list for Japan. I hear it's dirt cheap.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
ANOTHER CENTURY EPISODE R

Super Dimension Century Orgus
Zeta Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam SEED Destiny
Overman King Gainer
Full Metal Panic
Code Geass
Genesis of Aquarion
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

:rock :rock :rock

Crossbone :bow2
Region Free PS3 :bow2
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:02:42 PM by swaggaz »

Bebpo

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
Yeah, dreams just came true.

cool breeze

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »
I am a bit curious why Unicorn isn't there, or at least not announced yet

Bebpo

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »
Way too early.  Hell it doesn't even have OO. 

Too bad because I would've taken OO instead of SEED-D.  SEED/SEED-D have been in soooo many games at this point.  Time to retire them and move to OO.

Bebpo

« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
How I feel:

Orgus - eh, this games Dunbine.  Small, plain unit.  Will be boring to play ass but going by SRW, the story is alright.
Zeta - NEXT-GEN THE-O :rock :rock
CCA - NEXT-GEN Nu :rock
Crossbone - looks sick.  Will be great to play as
SEED-D - well, since they took out G, it'll be the fun physical fighter to replace God Gundam
Overman - ehhhh, was just ok in ACE3
FMP - lol, wtf.  I like FMP a lot, but the mecha are tiny plain guys that can't even fly.  I don't even understand how this will work.  Regardless these units are gonna be zzzzzzz to play as
Geass - lollolololol, dumb shitty designs but they are so overpowered ridiculous that they might be fun to play as like the SEED units in ACE3
Aquarion - FUCK YEAH.  Will be like the Shin Getter from ACE3.  Multiple forms, awesome super attacks.  PUNCHING PEOPLE TO THE MOON
Macross Zero - cool, but all the macross ships play the same and the plane controls are :\
Macross Frontier - same

Overall a decent roster.  Some potential greats, a lot of middleground solid units, and some boring small units.  I just wonder if it'll be arcade-y like ACE3 or story/action-sim like ACE1/2, I didn't care for ACE3 as much.  Also it would be cool if it had decent online with coop & vs.  But since it's a Japanese game not coming to the US, I dunno how much they will bother with online options.  Online gaming in Japan is still pretty niche.

cool breeze

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »
yeah, Seed gets too much exposure, which would be great if I liked the series.  It was nice when they included Gundam X in ACE3.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
Kiiing Kiiiing KIIING GAINNAAAA METARU OBAMAN KING GAINAAAAAAAAAA :rock

Getting a PS3 as soon as this game comes out.
PS4

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
Cool, always wanted to play one of the ACE games.  Out of ACE1-3, which was the best?
ど助平

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:06 AM »
Avoid the first one.  The second one is actually a retcon of the first one, as I recall.  Third one has the most series and the most arcadey-style gameplay so it's my personal favorite.
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:54 AM »
ACE3 is the best.  I'd say all are worth checking out depending on how you feel about the fanservice.  I played ACE1 after ACE2 came out for Tallgeese and Zeta.

Bebpo

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2010, 01:51:19 AM »
If you aren't into mecha gaming storylines and don't care about PLOT and game length, get ACE3.

ACE3 is pure arcade action.  It's faster, has tons of units, looks great and is just blow shit up!

ACE1/2 actually had a big serious looong plotline.  Each game was like 30-40 hours long (maybe longer!), whereas ACE3 is like 10-15 hours.  ACE1 was good at the time, but really dated now.  ACE2 cleaned everything up and made a great game out of it.

I like all 3 for different reasons.  My favorite was #2, but I'd recommend #3 as a starting point for most people.

« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M TOTALLY GETTING FAMITSU IN THE MORNING FOR THE TRAIN RIDE TO KAMAKURA

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH :rock ICONS IN THE WORLD TO EXPRESS JUST HOW STOKED I AM
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »
-no more series beyond those 11
-1-3 units per series, so 20-30 units total
-no Sazabi
-no vocal songs from the show while playing as the unit

:'(

Lineup I'm guessing
Orgus - main guy & girl's unit? 
Zeta - Probably MK-II, Zeta Gundam, Hyakushiki
CCA - Nu
Crossbone - Crossbone & eyepatch guy's unit?
SEED-D - Destiny, Freedom, Justice
Overman - Overman, wacky girl
FMP - probably like 1 unit with 3 variations
Geass - Lancelot, Shinkuro, Guren
Aquarion - Probably just Aquarion in all 6 forms
Macross Zero - Main guy and other dude's ships
Macross Frontier - dunno, didn't watch
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:48:08 PM by Bebpo »

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:01 PM »
My comments on the lineup:

CCA - They're including the Nu but not the Sazabi?  That's fucking stupid.
Crossbone - That would be the Crossbone X-1 and X-2 (if it's the X-2 Kai, then it has a slightly different thruster configuration, other than that and a different V-antenna/color scheme, it's identical to the X-1)
Seed-D - :yawn
Macross Frontier - Most likely the three main good guy VF-25s since they're pretty much identical except for the heads/color schemes/weaponry.
PS4

Bebpo

« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »
I'm still pouting about no vocal songs.  That was a HUGE part of why ACE was so fun to play.  Flying around as your favorite robot with their vocal song playing as you dodge and blow shit up was perfect.  And it's not like vocal songs take anymore effort to put it in.  It's 100% a money issue of whether to pay the extra $$$ for the license.

...and they cheaped out.

Honestly if this is the kind of budget Banpresto is willing to commit to a PS3 game, I feaaaaaaaaaaaar for how low-budget/low-content the eventual SRW PS3 will be.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:27 PM »
Remember that the first two ACE games didn't have vocal songs.  Only the vocal edition re-release of ACE2 and ACE3 did.
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
-no more series beyond those 11
-1-3 units per series, so 20-30 units total
-no Sazabi
-no vocal songs from the show while playing as the unit

:'(

what the fuck

they better have hi-nu and/or nightingale to make up for the lack of sazabi.  and there goes my hopes of gurren lagann in it.

Bebpo

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »
lol, no.  Nu is the only unit from CCA universe.   :-\

The producers' entire blog post was him going:  hey we just announced ACE-R, here's a list of stuff we're cutting.  People might think it's lacking compared to ACE3, but we had to start over on the PS3 and so we can't have as much.  Please don't kill me.