Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018680 times)

maxy

• Sales Loser
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2010, 03:38:27 PM »
Totally random

G4: It was interesting, I don't know if you caught the Alan Wake talk, but it was interesting watching their process trying to figure out what major elements to cut. Have you ever made a hard call like they did? They pitched Alan Wake as "we're going to do this sandbox game," but down the line they realized "oh crap, we have to throw out nine months of work."
Price: Yeah. We have done that twice and we did that with Ratchet, which started out not as Ratchet. It started out as a game about a girl with a stick running around this Mayan-influenced environment. It was probably going to be rated M if it had ever been released, not because of the girl, but because it was a fairly dark game and we got about six months into that one in terms of pre-production development and very few people in the studio were passionate about it. And I kept pushing it because I felt at the time, "Hey, you have to finish what you started." I hadn't really learned that lesson that "Hey, it's okay to kill your babies," and when we showed it to Sony, who was our publisher, they said "Look, we'll support you with this -- if you guys want to release it, that's cool, but we don't think it's going to do well in the market." That was a real wake-up call for me, and I had to admit that we needed to kill this one and start over.
And so we did, and when we did I think within two weeks we had the initial idea for Ratchet, and it really clicked. I mean, once Brian Hastings, who is our creative officer, came up with the idea of this little alien who has cool guns and flies around in spaceships. And when he said that, everybody said "That's it, that's what we need." And we also at that time realized that we had been straying from our expertise, which at the time was platformers, having done Sypro. So it was a really great experience to bounce back from that initial failure and come up with something that was much better.
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703028/Insomniacs-Ted-Price-On-Mistakes-Having-Limits-Learning-From-The-Competition-.html

Girl with a stick...hmm

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
This looks interesting,from Engadget

Guess we don't have to wait until MIX to have all our Windows Phone 7 Series questions answered! Microsoft's Eric Rudder, speaking at TechEd Middle East, showed off a game developed in Visual Studio as a singular project (with 90% shared code) that plays on Windows with a keyboard, a Windows Phone 7 Series prototype device with accelerometer and touch controls, and the Xbox 360 with the Xbox gamepad. Interestingly, not only is the development cross-platform friendly, but the game itself (a simple Indiana Jones platformer was demoed) saves its place and lets you resume from that spot on whichever platform you happen to pick up. Pretty impressive stuff, and while the words "Windows Phone 7 Series" weren't spoken by Eric, the use of the prototype ASUS device and the clear emphasis that this would place on Xbox Live for making the magic happen make it obvious that this is the "wave of the future" for all three platforms -- at least for casual gaming. Check out the demo on video below the fold.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 08:46:57 AM »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
"sequel" to Black announced, it's called Bodycount.

The new shooter from the creators of Black, Bodycount, is exclusively revealed on the cover of the new issue of OXM - going out to subscribers now.

The game is being developed at Codemasters Guildford by a team headed by Stuart Black, who worked on the cult FPS that shares his name when at Criterion.

Several other key members of the Black team have joined him at Codemasters to work on Bodycount, which is a spectacular and frankly mental first-person shooter.

We can't say any more about it, save to say that if you like shooting guns in games you are going to really, really love it. Find out more in the issue itself: the mag's going out to subscribers today, and will be in newsagents on Thursday 11th March. Look out for the fancy cardboard wallet with the big hole in, our testament to the game's ridiculous levels of destruction.
Codemasters has announced an "aggressive recruitment program" for its Guildford studio, and confirmed that the outfit is working on "an original action FPS".

The game is the brainchild of Stuart Black, co-creator and designer of EA Criterion's well-regarded 2006 shooter for PS2 and Xbox called, coincidentally, Black. It's for "leading console platforms".

According to Codemasters, the game entered full production 12 months ago and is an original IP using the company's impressive EGO engine, seen in racers like Race Driver: GRID and Colin McRae: DiRT as well as the recent Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Black is the game's creative director, and is joined by executive producer Tom Gillo from Sony London and senior producer Andrew Wilson from Black Rock. The development team is currently 80 strong.

The Guildford studio opened in 2007 and is run by Adrian Bolton, also from EA Criterion, and has a remit to develop original action games. There are design, programming and art jobs available and Codemasters hopes to start building up a second team and get another game in production. More info at the company's careers site.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
Never really understood the niche of people who liked Black. Very underwhelming game in all aspects outside of graphics and sound. Declaring yourself "the people who made Black" isn't a positive in my book.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2010, 12:40:39 PM »
Well,for some people "graphics and sound" are the most important things this gen.

Anyway stolen from gaf
On 1st March 2010, Cing (the developer of Another Code, Hotel Dusk, Little King's Story) filed for bankruptcy in Japan. The company has suffered liabilities totaling 256 million yen (about 2.5 million USD).

http://www.data-max.co.jp/2010/03/post_9070.html

cat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
Serves them right for not making games for wii. Oh wait

cool breeze

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »
I thought Black was (almost) great.  The philosophy behind the shooting was something I could get behind, but because enemies took way too much damage, it didn't work out so well.  If they can maintain the feeling of playing through the end shootout of Commando without having enemies soak up so much damage, that would be great.  A multiplayer mode is probably need and I think that would help this game out.

Even being shallow I don't think it was the visuals or audio, but all aspects of how the weapons felt when firing them.  Each gun looked beefy and would be satisfying to shoot...until you realized bullets were made out of candy and flowers.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »
Good, maybe people will shut up about Little Kings Story
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »
Well,for some people "graphics and sound" are the most important things this gen.

And these people are awful.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2010, 12:50:41 PM »
I thought Black was (almost) great.  The philosophy behind the shooting was something I could get behind, but because enemies took way too much damage, it didn't work out so well.  If they can maintain the feeling of playing through the end shootout of Commando without having enemies soak up so much damage, that would be great.  A multiplayer mode is probably need and I think that would help this game out.

Even being shallow I don't think it was the visuals or audio, but all aspects of how the weapons felt when firing them.  Each gun looked beefy and would be satisfying to shoot...until you realized bullets were made out of candy and flowers.

It felt like that game was trying to get by on a gimmick to me. And of course very good graphics and sound. It reminded me a lot of the first Bad Company game. I suppose if they fix all the bad stuff and retain the good qualities that would be something but there was a lot of bad to fix imo.

One thing we know I guess is that it won't have a cover system. Take that Uncharted 2!

"There's a lot of cover-based shooters out at the moment," he told us in a recent interview. "But when a guy hunkers down behind something, you've just got to sit there and wait for him to pop his head up. Pops up, couple of bullets to his head, pops back down again.. and I'm waiting for him to pop back up again? F***ing boring. I can't be bothered hanging around like that."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17634
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:55:53 PM by Stoney Mason »

Rman

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
Good, maybe people will shut up about Little Kings Story
They're gonna talk about the game more now, silly.  Sad to see any developer go under in this economic climate. 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »
Then I will lol cause they are dumb.
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
I thought Black was (almost) great.  The philosophy behind the shooting was something I could get behind, but because enemies took way too much damage, it didn't work out so well.  If they can maintain the feeling of playing through the end shootout of Commando without having enemies soak up so much damage, that would be great.  A multiplayer mode is probably need and I think that would help this game out.

It felt like that game was trying to get by on a gimmick to me. And of course very good graphics and sound. It reminded me a lot of the first Bad Company game. I suppose if they fix all the bad stuff and retain the good qualities that would be something but there was a lot of bad to fix imo.

One thing we know I guess is that it won't have a cover system. Take that Uncharted 2!

"There's a lot of cover-based shooters out at the moment," he told us in a recent interview. "But when a guy hunkers down behind something, you've just got to sit there and wait for him to pop his head up. Pops up, couple of bullets to his head, pops back down again.. and I'm waiting for him to pop back up again? F***ing boring. I can't be bothered hanging around like that."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17634

yeah, that's what I mean when I say I like what they're going for.  Not to say those games are bad because I really like Uncharted games, Gears, etc. but a new black now would be a nice change.

and I would say that Black has very little they need to carry over.  All they need still is the destruction, guns that feel beefy, and your character's resilience to damage.  Nothing else mattered too much because the AI was bad, the controls were a bit sloppy, the levels were a bit boring, and other things like that.  It was a very shallow game.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
Man, I wish it was the Scribblenauts developer that went belly up. Worst DS game ever.
you and me borys
you and me  :(
and to think they are doing a sequel and gaf is people full of "OMG YES YOU ARE SO AWESOME JACKSON"  >:(

oh and
littlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesome
littlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesomelittlekingstoryisawesome
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2010, 01:30:43 PM »
Why didnt you buy it, Magus? :smug
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
do i really need to answer that?  :-\
i mean the answer should be pretty obvious :smug
<----

cool breeze

« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34:08 PM »
Scribblenauts 2 lol

"no guys, this time it'll be good! start making avatars again!"

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »

You could have imported it, modded Wiis run imports, via USB or otherwise. :smug
fat

archie4208

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »
Scribblenauts 2 lol

"no guys, this time it'll be good! start making avatars again!"

Didn't you hear?  Adjectives!  Now I can make a blue object that doesn't properly interact with the environment.  :hyper

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »
Never really understood the niche of people who liked Black. Very underwhelming game in all aspects outside of graphics and sound. Declaring yourself "the people who made Black" isn't a positive in my book.

It's a spectacle, and the atmosphere is spot on military thriller. Guns felt lethal, against everything but actual enemies. Flawed awesome.

Bleh at no cover, though. Lean and peek should be standard in shooters, and it's absolutely idiotic to see dirty terrorists be more combat adept than your own supposedly elite soldier.

All they need still is the destruction, guns that feel beefy, and your character's resilience to damage.

Also, Giacchino. But that's not going to happen.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:17:30 PM by duckman2000 »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

You could have imported it, modded Wiis run imports, via USB or otherwise. :smug

keyword right here :smug

:bow Little King's Story :bow2

Superior game to Pikmin in every regard and largely ignored by the Nintendo faithful. They cry about the lack of hardcore games then they refuse to buy the few gems they get.  :duh

Regarding Black; who the fuck cares about it? It was a mediocre shooter at best with piss poor level design and gameplay revolving around shooting explosive shit to move forward. It was the most lackluster high profile shooter released at the time.

the conduit got more attention than little king story
THE
FUCKING
CONDUIT
GOT
MORE
ATTENTION
THAN
LITTLE
KING
STORY
there is like no amount of  :-\ smiles
<----

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »
okay, the fishing game in deadly premonition is really starting to piss me off, i don't understand it at all

i've been playing for ten minutes, starting to go from enjoying all the weirdness and the bustedness to some hatred bleeding around the edges
sup

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2010, 04:56:09 PM »
This shit will rock

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

is it wrong if i tought?
"would have been better if it was like the board game"
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
okay, the fishing game in deadly premonition is really starting to piss me off, i don't understand it at all

i've been playing for ten minutes, starting to go from enjoying all the weirdness and the bustedness to some hatred bleeding around the edges

If you use regular worms, its basically luck. Stop the reel before the square you want, then hope it lands. You can buy other bait that increases the chances of it landing on a specific square- health, weapons, etc. The trading card is in a purple square, instead of the yellow.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

keyword right here :smug

I got a new keyword for you to google - bankruptcy :lol
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
:bow Little King's Story :bow2

Superior game to Pikmin in every regard and largely ignored by the Nintendo faithful. They cry about the lack of hardcore games then they refuse to buy the few gems they get.  :duh

Hey, I was one of the few people posting in the GAF thread about the game.  I paid money for it too!

And Nintendo fans on gaf don't care about third party games unless they're high profile enough to bring attention to the system or something like that. 

Quote from: :derp
The Conduit and Call of Duty 4 will bring the shooter crowd to the Wii, then third parties can't ignore us!

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »

If you use regular worms, its basically luck. Stop the reel before the square you want, then hope it lands. You can buy other bait that increases the chances of it landing on a specific square- health, weapons, etc. The trading card is in a purple square, instead of the yellow.

the thing i have to catch is story-related (you know what i'm talking about), and it won't let me back out of the mini-game to drive somewhere and buy bait :(

i'm gonna let it stay paused for a while and cool down for a little bit (i got so mad my hands were actually shaking a little bit), and give it another try

if i can't get it within a few more tries, i'll be playing the rest of this game on youtube  :-\
sup

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »
Serves them right for not making games for wii. Oh wait

:rofl
itm

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
well, i just randomly stabbed at the A button until I finally caught what I was supposed to catch

that's some truly terrible game design, way beyond the wonkiness of everything else in the game - really kind of brought down the fun i was having with it

please tell me i don't ever have to do that fishing minigame again if i don't want to

sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:32 PM »
wow, this is the worst ending i think they could have possibly come up with

loaded with quick time events and dependent on the shitty aiming, goes on forever and just miserable, miserable

this game dropped from a solid b to a d-

ugh just ugh

fuck the japanese

sup

cool breeze

« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
wow, this is the worst ending i think they could have possibly come up with

loaded with quick time events and dependent on the shitty aiming, goes on forever and just miserable, miserable

this game dropped from a solid b to a d-

ugh just ugh

fuck the japanese

without spoiling anything, how long did Deadly Premonitions last? I'm only like an hour thirty into it but Bad Company 2 keeps pulling me away.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
i'm over 15 hours

story grade = A+ lulz wtf forever
gameplay grade = eat five thousand dicks, japan
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:04 PM »
oh, btw, that wasn't the end, i thought it was but it just keeps getting nuttier after that
sup

Bebpo

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
Yeah, I hear the game is 30-40 hours, so I think you still have a lot left.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »
I got the infinite machine gun so nothing is really a bother. Hard mode olololol
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
man, this game is just a goddamned misery to play towards the end

i fucking hate quicktime events and this thing is fucking LOADED with them for the last 25% of the game

i'd love to break my controller across the nose of the fucktard who thought this would be fun

i have gone from loving this weirdness to despising it

sup

Bebpo

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »
There is a video walkthrough so you can give up at anytime and just watch the rest of the game.

I suck at the QTEs (they also kill my hands) so if it gets that bad later on I may take that route.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2010, 01:19:56 AM »
Can't believe the Warhammer game is actually called 'Space Marine'.

Prepared to forgive them if that's what the character has been called for about 20 yrs and this isn't just GAF-speak.
vjj

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2010, 01:48:57 AM »
man, this game is just a goddamned misery to play towards the end

i fucking hate quicktime events and this thing is fucking LOADED with them for the last 25% of the game

i'd love to break my controller across the nose of the fucktard who thought this would be fun

i have gone from loving this weirdness to despising it

I love the QTEs, the part where you run from the Raincoat Killer in the Lumbermill is :bow
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2010, 02:01:28 AM »
i didn't mind those, but the last quarter of the game is nothing but quicktime events, and i was already starting to sour on the game after wasting fifteen minutes trying to fish a goddamned file folder out of the lake

there's a part near the end where you have to do that "flip the left stick back and forth to run" thing for what feels like five whole minutes

i give up, the last little bit requires pinpoint targeting and the shooting in this game sucks sweaty taint

i'll just watch the rest on youtube

i love the nonsensical storyline and lol characters, but the gameplay and control is just the fucking pits

in conclusion, fuck japan
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2010, 02:03:39 AM »
Can't believe the Warhammer game is actually called 'Space Marine'.

Prepared to forgive them if that's what the character has been called for about 20 yrs and this isn't just GAF-speak.

Isn't it Space Marine 40000 or something?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:44 AM »

Suda 51 interview,via google translate

We were invited by Namco Bandai Partners presentation European No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle and on this occasion we were able to interview its creator génialissime Goichi Suda, aka Suda 51 ( "5-1" is saying "Go Ichi" in Japanese).
* We wanted to know if there was a No More Heroes 3 of planned and exploited if the Wii Sensor Vitality.
Obviously at the moment there is nothing scheduled, but it would be possible although this is not a priority.
*  What are the games that you have the stronger lately?
Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 for their challenge and staging, including the scene of the airport MW2 who influenced me in the extreme.
* What No More Heroes 2 and censorship?
 Following the return of players (particularly European) it was decided that there would be no censorship.
* Do you set limits in the side and shifted completely blocked?
They are ... they do not exist ...
*Because NMH: Paradise released on PS3 and Xbox 360, is it possible to see happen NMH2 on these platforms?
. Regarding the NM2 output on PS3 and Xbox 360, I do not know. This is not me who decides but the publisher.
* Regarding your collaboration with Shinji Mikami (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand), Akira Yamanoka (composer of the music Sillent Hill) and publisher EA in a game of survival horror ...  ?
can you tell us a little more?

It's Good !
* Basically NMH was planned to be developed for the Xbox360, only after it was decided to release it on Wii to take advantage of its features to create the ultimate action game on the Nintendo console. Alors que pensez-vous du Motion Sensor PS3 et du Projet Natal de la Xbox 360 ? So what do you think the PS3 Motion Sensor Project Natal and the Xbox 360?
Why develop a game in the competition (Sony) while their device is exactly the same as Nintendo? . I'm not really excited about the gadget from Sony.Natal is great [ "sugoi" he said in Japanese], it would be interesting to work on it and take part in a future
*Your first games were games of catch.
 In NMH Travis Touchdown (greatly inspired by Jackass) is a follower of the sport.
 You yourself are a big fan of the sport.
 So, do you plan to develop a wrestling game completely blocked?

Although I am very interested in creating games of action with characters mastered this art, I am not interested in the idea of making a game that would turn around that.
Would you be interested in producing and directing a film completely blocked?
Developing games takes a lot of time, but if the opportunity arose it would be an interesting experience.
http://www.gamers.fr/actus/2010/03/05/interview-suda-51-papa-des-no-more-heroes

Sony dildo :fbm

Natal :munch

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2010, 06:00:38 AM »
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2010, 06:07:13 AM »
SUGOI

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2010, 06:28:22 AM »
The Sony dildo will be stillborn, much like the PSP Go.  A dildo like device in one hand, a DS3 in the other, cupping it like one would be cupping a pair of balls.
🍆🍆

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2010, 06:40:33 AM »
Btw,does anybody want Blur Xbox live beta key?
I have one...
cat

OptimoPeach

« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2010, 06:50:03 AM »
Joystiq has lots of Fallout:New Vegas shots

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/07/first-screens-from-fallout-new-vegas-surface-feature-glorious/

HYPE HYPE :hyper

But it looks like they're using the same engine from Oblivion and Fallout 3. Was this ever confirmed? Bout time for them to update that shit
hi5

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

Nintendo filed a patent application for a new kind of cartridge, which appears to be for a Nintendo DS or perhaps a Nintendo DS-like successor.

As you can see in figure 9, the cartridge sticks out a little, but not as much as a developer cart. Well, that’s if this cartridge is used for a Nintendo DS. The application reads “the broken lines showing of an electronic game machine is for illustrative purposes only.” On the other hand, the number of pins for this proposed cartridge design is the same as a standard Nintendo DS cart.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/05/nintendo-patent-application-hints-at-new-ds-cartridge-design/

Some high capacity cartridge?Not surprising....minimal load times :munch
cat

treythemovie

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
Not surprising indeed. A new DS would necessitate a new or improved storage device at some point. Though I do suppose this implies that the DS2 will again use cartridges (which isn't surprising either unless you've been living under a rock for the last two decades).

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
Btw,does anybody want Blur Xbox live beta key?
I have one...

Yeah, send one over if you don't mind.
Done!
cat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
:lol he's probably talking about the blur WEBSITE key. Enjoy registering :lol

I've already got about 5 locked when they send them out
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »
Nope,EG was giving free keys.

This says below the code.
Well done! You've done the hard part and clicked the button. It's easy from here.

All you have to do is redeem your code. You can do this directly on your Xbox 360 (hit the Guide button, move to the left-most blade and select "Redeem Code") or via the web-based Xbox Live Marketplace.

Enjoy the beta!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:21:37 AM by maxy »
cat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:50 AM »
You are right, egg on my face. :bow maxy
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
http://www.viddler.com/explore/shogungamer/videos/689/13.61/

first videos of the new Prince of Persia game

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2010, 09:36:23 PM »
I caught this gaming show on Aussie TV last night.  It even has the mandatory hot chick, who is fairly painful to watch.

[youtube=560,345]hqHLmtgmkDM[/youtube]

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
You've never seen Good Game? It used to be great, but they fired the PC gamer guy and replaced him with the chick who is so unnatural in her delivery it's painful.
itm

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
I never saw it before, I'm not entirely sure how I've never noticed it.

I assume the chick doesn't play games, or she's awful at reading lines and ends up looking like someone who doesn't play games.  Last night they reviewed PB Winterbottom and she implied she'd played N64 Banjo and the music was similar.  I lolled.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2010, 11:49:09 PM »
I just watched some more.  She actually said "now before Australia does a collective face-palm."

Saying internet expressions out loud?  This show is SO DAMN RAD. 

OptimoPeach

« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
I caught this gaming show on Aussie TV last night.  It even has the mandatory hot chick, who is fairly painful to watch.

[youtube=560,345]hqHLmtgmkDM[/youtube]
That guy has a look on his face like he hates his life half the time lol. I bet as soon as soon as they stopped filming he dropped the deranged smile and strangled her with his HDMI cables
hi5