Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018766 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #26640 on: November 08, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »
I like ac, the good ones at least as good old fashioned brain dead entertainment :trumps

We’re in lockdown for another 3 weeks I could use a time sink vidya :rollsafe
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26641 on: November 08, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »
eh, the difference would be it doesn't hold the framerate. there's no magic here. targeting native 4k is a waste of precious gpu time

That's what I want to see. How does the PS5 actually perform against the Series X.

Shuri

« Reply #26642 on: November 08, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »
is the hype for the new xbox completely limp for regular people? I don't see much mention of it on mainstream facebook gaming groups? All the hardcore gamers are getting the PS5 or so it seems.

It's weird how the PS5 seems to have taken over, except for here, I guess.

Bebpo

« Reply #26643 on: November 08, 2020, 06:21:06 PM »
is the hype for the new xbox completely limp for regular people? I don't see much mention of it on mainstream facebook gaming groups? All the hardcore gamers are getting the PS5 or so it seems.

It's weird how the PS5 seems to have taken over, except for here, I guess.

I think not having any new 1st party launch games is the issue for launch. Average consumer is more interested in new games than free games (game pass)/BC.

They really should've launched with Halo Infinite, a new Forza and some Rare platformer or something. It seems like they'll get all that next year, so I think Xbox will do fine and be very competitive with PS5. But launch is weird.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26644 on: November 08, 2020, 07:53:12 PM »
From what I'm reading and seeing in reviews, PS5 feels most like a new console generation. Exciting exclusives like Spider-Man and Demons Souls, new controller and features to play around with.
The modern design has also grown on people. Sony delivered that premium next-gen console experience but they don't offer a lot of options.

Meanwhile, the Xbox Series X is best described as a PC upgrade. It does everything your previous Xbox did and runs the same games, but better and much faster. Like swapping out your PC graphics card.
You get that high-end 120hz / 120fps PC experience for the fraction of the cost of a $2000 gaming PC. But a more 'functional' and understated IKEA like design.
If you're a multi-platform gamer and you don't want to miss out on Xbox exclusives than the Xbox Series S with GamePass is all you need. Basically the GamePass player.
Which makes sense to pair with a PS5 or Switch as your second console.

The Verge made the observation that with PC graphics cards hard being so hard to find (RTX3000-series and 6800 likely as well) some PC gamers might consider the Xbox Series X instead.
It is the closest Microsoft got the Xbox to a PC since the original launched in 2001.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26645 on: November 09, 2020, 01:03:46 AM »

I did this.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26646 on: November 09, 2020, 04:16:14 AM »
Also this:

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26647 on: November 09, 2020, 07:04:02 AM »
Garbage PC performance for AC Valhalla, no surprise with Denuvo and Virtual DRM or whatever they use

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/assassins-creed-valhalla-pc-performance-analysis/
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26648 on: November 09, 2020, 07:04:52 AM »
I like ac, the good ones at least as good old fashioned brain dead entertainment :trumps

We’re in lockdown for another 3 weeks I could use a time sink vidya :rollsafe

Personally I still think AC1 and 2 were among the best, maybe brotherhood.
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26649 on: November 09, 2020, 08:04:51 AM »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26650 on: November 09, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-04-assassins-creed-valhalla-review

sounds like this is a decent one :doge
I've read some reviews, seems like the high scores are mostly next-gen bonus points.
It runs poorly and is quite buggy on current gen and doesn't seem as good as Odyssey overall.

Poorly optimized on PC too.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #26651 on: November 09, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »
Yeah, normally you can power through bad PC ports since PC tech is so much beyond consoles, but now you've got the generation change and so you'll need PC cards 2-3 years out to just power through bad PC ports. Though even then you still get stuff like Horizon.

I don't have much/any faith in Ubisoft prioritizing good PC ports. Will just get console versions for the first year or two and then PC versions later on.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-04-assassins-creed-valhalla-review

sounds like this is a decent one :doge

Sounds same as Origins & Odyssey. They're all good games. Just they're all 90% the same game.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26652 on: November 09, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »
I really liked origins and had a good time with odyssey :rash
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #26653 on: November 09, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »
I like the formula. Put like 80 hours into Origins + DLCs. Will play Odyssey some day.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #26654 on: November 09, 2020, 06:44:07 PM »
eh, the difference would be it doesn't hold the framerate. there's no magic here. targeting native 4k is a waste of precious gpu time

That's what I want to see. How does the PS5 actually perform against the Series X.

idk, an apples to apples comparison is pretty tough. my bet would be all things considered perf is going to be fairly equivalent between the two consoles in multi plat titles.

the architectures are pretty convergent but differ enough that they both have pros and cons that will put them up or down depending on implementation. i dont think the raw flop increase of the x is going to have any meaningful impact on cross plat titles. that said, with the raw gpu scale of the series x over the ps5 you'd probably expect a difference of around 4-6 frames on average, but there are so many variables that raw gpu time available is not the key determining factor.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #26655 on: November 09, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »
ms have said only their GPU is fully compliant with the full RDNA 2 spec (unlike Sony's implementation apparently) and worked with amd on some tuning for improved RT capability. there's no way of knowing or measuring those differences yet, but could easily be more impactful than a 10% difference in raw flops.
◕‿◕

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26656 on: November 10, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
Get ready for outrageous microtransactions in your games from now on Dirt or F1 fans :money

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-10-gta-publisher-take-two-will-buy-codemasters-for-nearly-usd1bn
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26657 on: November 10, 2020, 12:25:35 PM »
ms have said only their GPU is fully compliant with the full RDNA 2 spec (unlike Sony's implementation apparently) and worked with amd on some tuning for improved RT capability. there's no way of knowing or measuring those differences yet, but could easily be more impactful than a 10% difference in raw flops.
What I'm mostly wondering about is the boost clock of the PS5
The Xbox Series X has 'fixed' clocks but the PS5 has AMD's boost clock implemented.

More often then not Sony's own custom graphics API is better optimized than vanilla DirectX that Microsoft runs.
In fact, at launch PS5 has more games that support Ray Tracing than Xbox like Devil May Cry 5: SE and they have their own checker boarding algorithm, which according to DF is nearly as good as native resolutions now.

Get ready for outrageous microtransactions in your games from now on Dirt or F1 fans :money

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-10-gta-publisher-take-two-will-buy-codemasters-for-nearly-usd1bn
Midnight Club revival?
🤴

naff

« Reply #26658 on: November 10, 2020, 04:48:29 PM »
at launch PS5 has more games that support Ray Tracing than Xbox

pretty hard to have games supporting something when you have no games  :jawalrus
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26659 on: November 10, 2020, 05:55:06 PM »
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26660 on: November 10, 2020, 05:59:23 PM »
the virgin shosta v the chad warden :smug
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26661 on: November 11, 2020, 02:55:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/CyclopediaBrain/status/1325831179149438977

Weeeeh my girlfriend was burned and now she's offended that it happened to someone in a game as well

fuck crybaby ass
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26662 on: November 11, 2020, 07:09:46 AM »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26663 on: November 11, 2020, 09:07:40 AM »
Lol got in a Twitter "beef" with some random Dutch journo, because he claimed that Next Gen Consoles are going to utilize DLSS..

I was like..dont they use AMD? He said yeah but AMD have their own alternative which is coming to consoles

I said..well they said they are WORKING on a alternative, they don't have it yet. And neither is it certain that it is indeed coming to consoles

He was like "Ok well why u twisting my words blabla"

dumbass
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26664 on: November 11, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
And that journalists name? Nin van Tex :success
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26665 on: November 11, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
lol, i never knew they were remaking xiii

https://twitter.com/tomrkobayashi/status/1326188379730423808
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26666 on: November 11, 2020, 09:51:51 AM »

Jeesh what a surprise
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26667 on: November 11, 2020, 10:22:36 AM »
consignia have yet to deliver my copy the useless fuckers :rage
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #26668 on: November 11, 2020, 10:42:32 AM »
lol, i never knew they were remaking xiii

https://twitter.com/tomrkobayashi/status/1326188379730423808

remove the entire selling point of a game in a remaster brehs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26669 on: November 11, 2020, 10:49:33 AM »
and cover up the cleave like simps :tocry
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #26670 on: November 11, 2020, 01:39:44 PM »
Wow, yeah in the day and age of amazing modern cell-shading why the fuck would they go with that art direction.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26671 on: November 11, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/CyclopediaBrain/status/1325831179149438977

Weeeeh my girlfriend was burned and now she's offended that it happened to someone in a game as well

fuck crybaby ass

Yet when Andrew Lloyd Webber does it he wins a Tony!
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #26672 on: November 11, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
I was watching some of the Demon Souls remake footage, which looks great, but deep down I kind of wish they remade Dark Souls 1 over Demon Souls with this level of visual improvement.

I like Demon Souls, played it at the time and there's some great bits, but overall I don't find the game very memorable outside being the first Souls.

But just imagining the Capra Demon fight, or BLIGHTTOWN, or the 4 kings, or most of Dark Souls looking like this...oh well, missed opportunity. Doubt DS1 will ever receive a remake of this detail and quality. Bluepoint is moving on and won't want to do another Souls game and no one else is this capable.

I know some people think they'll do Metal Gear Solid 1 next, but that also seems like a waste. I love MGS1 but there's the original and Twin Snakes (sure Twin Snakes kinda sucks). If they want to go Konami, do Silent Hill 1 or 2. SH1 would be amazing coming from PS1.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26673 on: November 12, 2020, 12:39:53 AM »

https://twitter.com/SirLazyCat/status/1326312498459336704
 :kermit
TBH this is why videogames are toys, not art.
There's just no thought to any of it.  :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Freyj

« Reply #26675 on: November 12, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »
https://www.siliconera.com/falcom-has-plans-to-release-new-trails-game-in-2021-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary/

Kinda seems early for Calvard 1 what with the new engine and combat system, but they’re getting close to having a whole lot of Crossbell implemented in the CS3/4 engine and the recent rereleases seemed poorly received?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #26677 on: November 12, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Yeah, I wish Sony/Xbox fans were more like corporate.

As funny as it is seeing crap like the fedex guy writing Playstation is better, it's pretty lame when consoles become like sports teams/politics. Like I swear 75% of Americans were all XBOX RULEZ during the X360 era, and now a lot of those same people are all XBOX SUX. Like wat.  :doge

I haven't bought the last 2 generations of Xbox systems, but only because they put everything on PC and I have a gaming PC. Otherwise I'd get Xbox like Playstation and Nintendo. I think the last 2 gens of Xboxes have been great systems and respect that.

Hell I think Nintendo is pretty bonehead in their hardware and decisions 90% of the time, but I still think they make awesome 1st party games and some weeb stuff and the concept of portable/console Switch was genius.

It's good we are at a point with 3 solid systems. Though Nintendo needs to announce the next switch and get it out ASAP because the hardware tech is going to get left in the dust with PS5/XSX.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26678 on: November 12, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
It's good we are at a point with 3 solid systems. Though Nintendo needs to announce the next switch and get it out ASAP because the hardware tech is going to get left in the dust with PS5/XSX.

Which is why they just released a brand new *checks notes* Game & Watch
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26679 on: November 12, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
:miyamoto
Margs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26680 on: November 12, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »

Womble being serious for once and making good arguments, too.  :whoo

parts 2 and 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNtbPuUdFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_ZO_Ffa11E
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 04:28:46 PM by Rufus »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26681 on: November 13, 2020, 04:20:51 PM »
https://www.siliconera.com/falcom-has-plans-to-release-new-trails-game-in-2021-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary/

Kinda seems early for Calvard 1 what with the new engine and combat system, but they’re getting close to having a whole lot of Crossbell implemented in the CS3/4 engine and the recent rereleases seemed poorly received?

Maybe the rumored Nayuta remake? I recall Kondo said he wanted Americans to play that game... also could make for a good trial of what may become the Calvard battle engine?
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #26682 on: November 13, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
Oh whoops, forgot to reply to that.

Yeah, I still don't think it's Calvard 1. Guessing it's some sort of spin-off like Nayuta or a Ys vs Kiseki or a remake/remaster or something (Crossbell games in 3d, or Sky remake or something).

But if it does turn out to be Calvard 1 that's cool. Just not expecting it. I guess we'll see in about 6 months going by their usual announcement timeline.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #26683 on: November 13, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
The Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch is so awesome. It’s even got one of those plastic sleeves on the box.

« Reply #26684 on: November 14, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
Beat Miles Morales on PS4. Why was this game 50 dollars? It's like 6 hours long. I was just casually playing waiting for a twist or whatever and reached the point of no return notification and it was over shortly after.

The story is ehhh ok. It's more centrist lib shit from Insomniac like how Spiderman had a NotAllCops vibe to it. The character designs and art is great though, big improvement from Spiderman. Gameplay is way better, but it also makes everything way easier. Played it on the hardest available difficulty, spectacular, and breezed through. Will do a NG+ run on ultimate.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26685 on: November 14, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »
Beat Miles Morales on PS4. Why was this game 50 dollars? It's like 6 hours long. I was just casually playing waiting for a twist or whatever and reached the point of no return notification and it was over shortly after.

The story is ehhh ok. It's more centrist lib shit from Insomniac like how Spiderman had a NotAllCops vibe to it. The character designs and art is great though, big improvement from Spiderman. Gameplay is way better, but it also makes everything way easier. Played it on the hardest available difficulty, spectacular, and breezed through. Will do a NG+ run on ultimate.
50?

It's 80 - 90 Euro in Yurop  :neogaf
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #26686 on: November 15, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »
Maybe if you are a complete idiot and get it straight from Herman Huelst or something.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26687 on: November 15, 2020, 09:57:34 AM »
Seems that they dropped their launch tax a bit.
Now 74,99 - 79,99 for the Ultimate Edition and 59,99 for the Standard Edition.
Demon's Souls also 74,99 - 79,99, Ubisoft games a bit cheaper at 64,99 - 69,99.

https://www.gamemania.nl/Games/playstation-5/146201_demons-souls-remake?type=New&ttClickID=1623569%3A%3A2987%3A%3A124617%3A%3A%3A%3A1605452261
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/watch-dogs-legion-ps5/9300000008152761/
https://www.nedgame.nl/playstation-5/spider-man-miles-morales-ultimate-edition/1664174151/
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26688 on: November 15, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »
By "dropped their launch tax" do you mean you lied?

Can't believe you actually googled one of your made up bullshit statements lol, but of course you can't help yourself and have to lie when posting the real prices.
I said 80 - 90
Turns out it topped out at 79,99

I didn't use google, I just visited those sites.

YOU LIED I DIDN'T GOOGLE

🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #26689 on: November 15, 2020, 05:32:15 PM »
Say a 60 buck game is 90 and insist on being right because some other products are 75. wow this totally proves that you are not an idiot  :science
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:36:28 PM by Spieler1 »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26690 on: November 15, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
It’s this point if nintex posted ‘riotous is alive and well’, riotous would reply with ‘fuck you bitch I died 10 mins ago you gosh darned liar’ :lol
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26691 on: November 15, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
New wii translation - Takt of Magic (similar to the DS game Lost Magic)

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5756/
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #26692 on: November 15, 2020, 08:46:12 PM »
Capcom hacked/leaked

The plan for Village's release is late April 2021
Ace Attorney Collection (PS4/Switch)
Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 for PC
Stories 2 Design Document
Resident Evil 4 VR (Oculus)
A new shooter multiplayer game codenamed SHIELD (2022)
Source code to DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
Sony paid Capcom $5 million for RE7 VR mode, timed DLC xclusivity and demo exclusivity
Google paid Capcom $10 million to bring RE7 and Village over to Stadia

At least know when to expect RE8 launch now.

Monster Hunter Rise PC is kinda interesting, but would rather play it portable so will stick to Switch.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26693 on: November 16, 2020, 02:29:44 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26694 on: November 16, 2020, 05:21:12 AM »
Considering I had already put 25 hours into the pirated version, I bought the Gold edition of AC Odyssey for 24 euros at Fanatical (great deal). I then was able to convert my pirated saves into legit saves, and continue the game 🙏. A good time waster until my 3070 comes in. Rn im running it at mostly medium settings and it runs at 60-80fps at times, cant wait to see what it looks like with a 3070

Im so excited! Just two more weeks hopefully!
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26695 on: November 16, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »
"Right now we're still going through the huge cascade of implications and ramifications to the release shift and the team is heads down working through nearly every facet of the game. Full disclosure we don't have anything planned for the VGAs, but are hoping to offer at least a high level update within the next few weeks so we can kind of restart this journey together after the holidays. Pulling together something like a demo or big beat for the VGAs is an enormous amount of work and would cause challenges with current milestones of the holidays. I know it's hard to wait, but the team is going to make the most of this extra time and we want to make sure we can put our best foot forward and commit to greater transparency and dialog on the road ahead. We'll get there and get the train going again."
$500 million
5 years and counting
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26696 on: November 16, 2020, 03:19:54 PM »
Vga. 😂 Who gives a shit.gif
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26697 on: November 16, 2020, 06:20:09 PM »
Vga. 😂 Who gives a shit.gif
Last chance to see Elden Ring in 2020.  :doge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, i don't believe it either.
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #26698 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:21 AM »
Can't even have embarrassed and drunk guests shaming Keighley live due to the pandemic :goty :stahp

naff

« Reply #26699 on: November 17, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »

idk, an apples to apples comparison is pretty tough. my bet would be all things considered perf is going to be fairly equivalent between the two consoles in multi plat titles.

the architectures are pretty convergent but differ enough that they both have pros and cons that will put them up or down depending on implementation. i dont think the raw flop increase of the x is going to have any meaningful impact on cross plat titles. that said, with the raw gpu scale of the series x over the ps5 you'd probably expect a difference of around 4-6 frames on average, but there are so many variables that raw gpu time available is not the key determining factor.

well, here we go. a pretty good apples to apples comparison  :o

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the bolded is almost bang on  8)

but also outperforms the x at points? idk, im a performance/site relibility engineer but high level game dev mang. who knows what voodoo magic is going on
[close]

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-devil-may-cry-5-ps5-xbox-series-x-comparison

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:45:03 PM by naff »
◕‿◕