Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3374581 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

kingv

Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #30961 on: January 21, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »
Freakishly hot

https://instagram.com/p/BeKG9jknsCg/

I feel like that has to fuck with you ability to talk.

But it also might make you instantly fluent in Klingon or something.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #30962 on: January 21, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »
You think that’s weird? Sailors in the Philippines have back alley surgery to have beads inserted into the shaft of their penis so they can pleasure the prostitutes better.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30963 on: January 21, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »
You think that’s weird? Sailors in the Philippines have back alley surgery to have beads inserted into the shaft of their penis so they can pleasure the prostitutes better.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30964 on: January 22, 2018, 07:05:11 AM »
Why's youtube feeding me "Ancient Sumerian Secrets" videos.

Raist

« Reply #30965 on: January 22, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »
They can feed you whatever goddamn video they please. You'll watch them and recite 10 Ave Google, shitlord.

Corporal

« Reply #30966 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »
Browsing on YouTube while logged in and not regularly nuking your cookies is irresponsible behaviour.

You deserve every Ancient Sumerian Secret you get.
!list

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30967 on: January 22, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »
The algorithm reacts pretty quickly these days, so those should disappear quickly unless you keep watching whatever it thinks they are related to.

agrajag

« Reply #30968 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »
I've been having some issues with sleep. When I start to fall asleep my body suddenly violently convulses and I wake up. Has been happening very frequently lately.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30969 on: January 22, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »
I've been having some issues with sleep. When I start to fall asleep my body suddenly violently convulses and I wake up. Has been happening very frequently lately.

Sleep apnea or maybe that running legs (dunno how you say it over there) syndrom ? Maybe stress, had a friend with the later and things improved a lot when he broke up from his then girlfriend (a bit of a control freak). You should consult IMHO.
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #30970 on: January 22, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »
Call a priest thems the devils works

Raist

« Reply #30971 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
Most likely hypnic jerk. Completely benign and yes, usually stress-related.

agrajag

« Reply #30972 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »

I think that's what it is, I don't feel stressed out though. I've been working out a lot, maybe that has something to do with it, my CNS is under stress from working out?

Raist

« Reply #30973 on: January 22, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »

I think that's what it is, I don't feel stressed out though. I've been working out a lot, maybe that has something to do with it, my CNS is under stress from working out?

If you do in the evening, very likely yes.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30974 on: January 22, 2018, 06:54:08 PM »
I'll probably send my application to a HK employer tomorrow (it's late and I'll try to proof read it after some rest). Still a bit of a gamble but who knows ? Rest of my applications did not yield with positive results though thanks to LinkedIn and profile views, I do know some have been read at least and some of the LinkedIn network growing I've done may prove useful for future attempts, maybe. Nothing to lose in trying. Have been looking at some rental prices, it's not exactly cheap but apparently wages are not the lowest in average (probably because finance jobs are distorting everything).
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30975 on: January 23, 2018, 12:35:17 AM »
havent had a hot shower in 10+ months

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #30976 on: January 23, 2018, 12:49:37 AM »
explains a lot

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30977 on: January 23, 2018, 02:31:47 AM »

Personal choice?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30978 on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »

Personal choice?

Isn't there a whole thing about cold showers being invigorating ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:07:43 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30979 on: January 23, 2018, 11:36:49 AM »
fuck that

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30980 on: January 23, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
I tried doing the whole “cold shower in the morning” thing.

That lasted 3 days.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30981 on: January 23, 2018, 03:24:44 PM »
weak hearts

Raist

« Reply #30982 on: January 23, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »
I just wanna relax and spend at least 15 minutes in the shower, water going non-stop, but sometimes it's almost 20 minutes.

:trigger

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30983 on: January 25, 2018, 06:09:56 AM »
i never knew the bore deleted threads, no matter how asinine.  :-\

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30984 on: January 25, 2018, 06:49:47 AM »
 :doge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30985 on: January 25, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Holy shit. I ordered the Sennheiser HD650’s blind since I couldn’t find a place to demo them here. Holy shit. I expected a difference but I’m blown away. I put on Baby Be Mine by Michael Jackson. I’ve listened to this song since I was first introduced to music as a child and it’s one my favorites and most listened to. It’s amazing to me that I put it on and I can hear things I never noticed before. Next up was Maybe by Janis Joplin and just the level of detail was aw fuck amazing.

Soooo.... I’ve been using Tidal for high quality music sources since I finally stopped getting my cds out. Is that the best choice? Or what other services or stores are there? There are definitely some albums I want to purchase in the highest possible quality.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:22:37 PM by Mupepe »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30986 on: January 25, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »
The audiophile journey continues  :lol

Tidal still has best stream quality outside of a couple (that i heard of) smaller niche places. Bandcamp streaming is good too iirc. Outside of that you're gonna have start buying cds again.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30987 on: January 25, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »
Thanks! Yeah this is getting to be a problem haha I’m picking up the Bose QC35s this weekend for when I travel too.

Most of my favorites I already have on CD so I guess I’ll spend time ripping FLAC files this weekend. Any recommendation for an amp when I want to listen off my phone?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30988 on: January 25, 2018, 06:51:49 PM »
I don't own any but ppl love the FiiO headamps. A quick look and it seems the a5 can power up to 300ohms:
http://m.fiio.net/en/products/59
https://www.amazon.com/A5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Titanium/dp/B01M3RG33C/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516924275&sr=1-2&keywords=FiiO+a5

I would do some searching on head-fi etc though, you might be able to find a cheaper/better alternative.

I used to have a CMOY altoid can styled portable ages ago but idk if it can power something like a HD650

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30989 on: January 25, 2018, 06:55:25 PM »
You’re the shit, toku. Make sure to fucking remember that. Thank you.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #30990 on: January 25, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »
Keep reading this thread title as Let the Breast Feeding Commence.
每天生气

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #30991 on: January 25, 2018, 10:28:16 PM »
Thanks! Yeah this is getting to be a problem haha I’m picking up the Bose QC35s this weekend for when I travel too.

Most of my favorites I already have on CD so I guess I’ll spend time ripping FLAC files this weekend. Any recommendation for an amp when I want to listen off my phone?

My Objective2 amp came in and I'm using it to drive my Senny 650's off my LG5. It isnt portable though, its small but more of a device that sits at the bedside table. And its fantastic. Neutral sounding and even cranking it to the max I don't hear any distortion or weirdness. Its loud enough to bring the headphones to uncomfortably loud which is good enough to back off from.
:9

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30992 on: January 25, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »
The 02 is another one, I was looking at it a couple years ago before i settled on a desktop amp. Remember thinking it was cool you could customize it on their website (3.5mm jack vs quarter inch etc etc)

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30993 on: January 26, 2018, 08:19:25 AM »
Yeah I did some googling and searching last night and it seems like that is the best bang for your buck.  I think that's the route I'll go.  I did some gaming with the HD650's last night and fuuuuuuuck.  Amazing.  I fucking love my home theater set up but for critical listening and getting sucked into an A/V experience this absolutely blows it out of the water.  It's been years since I've just had the urge to put on some music, close my eyes and listen to it but I think I'll be doing that this weekend. 

I also got the Atmos for headphones app which works surprisingly well.  The soundstage isn't wide enough in the headphones to beat my HT setup in this category but it'll definitely do for late nights when I want to watch a movie at reference levels and the wife is sleeping.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #30994 on: January 26, 2018, 09:40:24 AM »
As an alternative, pretty much everything I've read has pointed me to the Schiit Audio company. They just released the 3rd version of their headphone amp the Schiit Magni 3 which is a headphone amp and also a preamp for 100 bucks. Not saying you should not go for the O2, but consider checking out reviewed of the Schiit Magni 3 as well.
nat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #30995 on: January 26, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »
I heard it sounds like Schiit though.  :doge
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30996 on: January 26, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Holy shit. I ordered the Sennheiser HD650’s blind since I couldn’t find a place to demo them here. Holy shit. I expected a difference but I’m blown away. I put on Baby Be Mine by Michael Jackson. I’ve listened to this song since I was first introduced to music as a child and it’s one my favorites and most listened to. It’s amazing to me that I put it on and I can hear things I never noticed before. Next up was Maybe by Janis Joplin and just the level of detail was aw fuck amazing.

Excessive nagging tangent engaged : compared to what ? From your own account, to different, similarly very imperfect rendition of the song through medium of lower qualities. It's not directed at you really, more of a minor irritation I have. Fidelity is this huge selling point but really it is often a moot concept. It does exist but really in a lot of cases, vast parts of the audience (if not virtually all) can not objectively assess it. It's also often a matter of how good all elements of the chain are (source, device(s), speakers).

All that being said : I have a Sennheiser too (much less fancy than this one) and it's definitely enjoyable to have a richer sound in general.
ὕβρις

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30997 on: January 26, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »

Excessive nagging tangent engaged : compared to what ? From your own account, to different, similarly very imperfect rendition of the song through medium of lower qualities. It's not directed at you really, more of a minor irritation I have. Fidelity is this huge selling point but really it is often a moot concept. It does exist but really in a lot of cases, vast parts of the audience (if not virtually all) can not objectively assess it. It's also often a matter of how good all elements of the chain are (source, device(s), speakers).

All that being said : I have a Sennheiser too (much less fancy than this one) and it's definitely enjoyable to have a richer sound in general.
Yeah I get what you're saying.  It's off an album that I own in 4 physical formats and most recently listened to it from the same source but on a home theater setup (using calibration settings for music) that is fairly high end.  It's not so much a comment on fidelity, but something more spatial.  There's actually an instrument of some sort repeating over and over throughout the song and through hundreds if not thousands of listens to this song in various formats I've never noticed it before.  I chose the song because it is something I know very well and figured it would be a good baseline for my first listen.  I'm sure I'll probably hear it now if I throw on my old headphones or play it on my home theater, but it never stood out like it did until I used the Sennheiser headphones.  It shone through so easily.

The richer sound you mentioned was what I noticed in the 2nd song.  It just felt fuller than other methods of playback I've used.

I definitely don't have a very critical ear for fidelity or anything else which is why I was quite hesitant on dropping so much on a pair of headphone.  But I can honestly say that even so I felt like I got my moneys worth and there is definitely a huge jump in quality with these all other things equal.

As an alternative, pretty much everything I've read has pointed me to the Schiit Audio company. They just released the 3rd version of their headphone amp the Schiit Magni 3 which is a headphone amp and also a preamp for 100 bucks. Not saying you should not go for the O2, but consider checking out reviewed of the Schiit Magni 3 as well.
Thanks!  I'll read up on that one.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30998 on: January 27, 2018, 10:09:53 PM »
A lot of times when people post images, it comes up as a blank post for me.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30999 on: January 28, 2018, 01:13:50 AM »
A lot of times when people post images, it comes up as a blank post for me.
Behind a firewall or something?  I only get that when I'm at work and something is blocked on the network.  I never get it at home or on my phone.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31000 on: January 28, 2018, 01:24:08 AM »
Nope, no firewall. Not sure what it is. If I quote the post, I can see the image url and see what it is. Mostly not worth the effort doing all that.

Raist

« Reply #31001 on: January 28, 2018, 04:13:38 AM »
Happens with https links. Justl like the avatar issue. Doesn't seem to affect all links tho.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31002 on: January 30, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
I have started keeping a journal -yes like a scrawny teen-, since my separation. Maybe it won't last but it is soothing to take the time to collect your thoughts of the day and to commit to text your reflections, no matter how trite. Will be embarrassing or fun in a few months to look back on it, I guess.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #31003 on: January 30, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
I have started keeping a journal -yes like a scrawny teen-, since my separation. Maybe it won't last but it is soothing to take the time to collect your thoughts of the day and to commit to text your reflections, no matter how trite. Will be embarrassing or fun in a few months to look back on it, I guess.
Try a few years and you'll really cringe. I looked back on something I wrote from around 2014 at a time of real anguish (romance :yuck)and I wanted to shoot my old self in the face for being so self immiserating.

Take this time to rediscover yourself, though. I don't know if you're at all like this but whenever I'm in a relationship I find I can barely think by myself and I suppress my own thoughts, even privately. Being alone is a blessing for conscious thought and is really quite liberating.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31004 on: January 30, 2018, 08:08:52 PM »
I'll absolutely cringe at some stuff, yeah.  :lol The musings about my lust, for sure. But writing the ridiculous stuff "out loud" if only to yourself, may be good for trying to learn a lesson. It's not as potent as accepting to voice your weaknesses to someone, but it helps evacuate and not let that stuff making rounds in your head festering (namely general anxiety and insecurity in human relations).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:20:09 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #31005 on: January 30, 2018, 08:18:58 PM »
It’s good to get stuff out on paper rather to have it fester in your head.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31006 on: January 30, 2018, 10:14:07 PM »
agreed. So long as you burn the paper after.
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31007 on: January 31, 2018, 04:10:20 AM »
If you don't like nintendo get the fuck out of here you piece of shit kill yourself

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31008 on: January 31, 2018, 05:07:12 AM »
*I like to use St. Louis style(meatier) or baby back ribs cut into single rib portions
*'Bout a 1/2 cup of soy sauce (or Dales if ya want)
*1/2 to 3/4 cup of water
*3 or 4 shakes of hot sauce(depending on heat wanted)
* 1/2-3/4 tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder and pepper.  I never measure, these are "guess"timates
* 1-2 Tsp Seasoning salt(I use Gold Metal)
* Meat tenderizer
*(Optional) toasted sesame seeds. ( Put sesame seeds under broiler till golden and pour into marinate while hot so it will sizzle, the oil will release into the liquid), I don't think I had any on the batch you had.

Set ribs up on their side and score/Cut the ribs across the bones 2 or 3 places each to help the marinade along, let them marinade in a lidded container at least an hour but 3 or 4 hours is best, I have let them go overnight and they were great. They can be frozen with marinade also for later, shake the bowl or sqeeze,kneed marinade into them a couple times , well I do.
If you have the time try to get them almost room temperature 45mins-1 hour on counter before you broil or grill so they will be more tender.
If you broil in oven, turn every 10 minutes and baste with leftover marinade to get crispy edges 3 or so times until cooked through.
Hope they turn out good, let me know. I cook by sight,
I think I got all the tricks down, lol

shosta

« Reply #31009 on: January 31, 2018, 06:22:49 AM »
Mmm, that look spretty good...

wait, filler's not just a dysfunctional sociopath?

EDIT: Hold on did you just copy and paste some conversation you had with someone?
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31010 on: January 31, 2018, 06:53:03 AM »
 :pitbull

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31011 on: February 02, 2018, 01:43:49 AM »
la di da di da shlob on me knob

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31012 on: February 02, 2018, 03:07:07 AM »
Do you think people would do that, go on the Internet and copy/paste stuff ?
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31013 on: February 02, 2018, 08:14:28 AM »
Do you think people would do that, go on the Internet and copy/paste stuff ?

Raist

« Reply #31014 on: February 02, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
¿Crees que la gente haría eso, ir a Internet y copiar / pegar cosas?

shosta

« Reply #31015 on: February 02, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »
Don't they usually say la Red?
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #31016 on: February 02, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »
is filler black?
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #31017 on: February 02, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »
Speaking of bottom feeding, I had a fantasy about putting all the ingredients of a strawberry shortcake in someone’s ass, along with strawberry syrup. I would pay money to see this.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31018 on: February 02, 2018, 09:57:01 PM »
you ever been on the internet before?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #31019 on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »