Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3451810 times)

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #32220 on: September 07, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
The challenge for me is mainly where we live now and what it affords us. We live in a tiny town of less than 1k people. We're less than 30 mins to work, to kayaking, to great camping, and only a bit further to rock climbing (all the things we both love). There's no crime and taxes are almost entirely non-existent. If either of us were to leave our jobs, there are currently other employers that we could work for and make comparable pay. Together we make far more money than we need and put the large majority of it toward savings and paying off the mortgage. We're on track to have the mortgage paid off by Nov 2019. We're set to be able to retire in about 15 years (well before 62.5/63). We are incredibly fortunate and have worked hard to get where we are.

The challenges in Chi include a few things outside of sacrificing the above. Chicago would be more expensive--we would pay an outrageous amount for housing to live in a place we don't like (sub-$500/mo mortgage for a house vs $2-3k for something comparable). Neither of us have degrees so the opportunities for the wife would likely reduce her income (or mine if I leave the company). Further, I'm not much of a company guy; I don't really care much about getting ahead in a corporate setting. My goals are what will get me the most outdoors time as possible. Living in a city that actively punishes those who try to leave is opposite of what I want long-term.

Now, the reasons I would consider it: if they offered me enough that we could expedite our early retirement while still owning our current house. If they can offer enough, we find a good job for Mrs. Voyage, and we're able to get a good deal on a place, I would consider living there for the next 2-5 years.

Thanks for ringing that bell!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #32221 on: September 07, 2018, 04:19:09 PM »
Dude, why would you put any of that at risk? Careers are swell and all, but man, when your company is done with you, they're done with you and you gotta live your life after that. Seems to me, the offer would have to be massive to get me to even think about it.
que

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #32222 on: September 07, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »
The few people I talk to in Chicago think I'm nuts. Glad to hear from someone who is not my wife that I'm not crazy.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32223 on: September 08, 2018, 12:56:03 AM »
Had a weird dream, that I was back at my first job. Suddenly shosta and filler pulls up (filler looked like his avatar) in a red car, and released 2 bear cubs into the store. Suddenly they grew up and everyone had to hide in the storage.

agrajag

« Reply #32224 on: September 08, 2018, 01:11:07 AM »
Were they a couple?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #32225 on: September 08, 2018, 01:18:43 AM »
The cubs or the bear cubs?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32226 on: September 08, 2018, 01:26:27 AM »
Had a weird dream, that I was back at my first job. Suddenly shosta and filler pulls up (filler looked like his avatar) in a red car, and released 2 bear cubs into the store. Suddenly they grew up and everyone had to hide in the storage.
I'm the man of your dreams  8)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32227 on: September 08, 2018, 02:15:09 AM »
filler in my dreams is the japanese man from the wailing

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32228 on: September 08, 2018, 02:22:04 AM »
valk and me kissing in her dreams

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32229 on: September 08, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »
:lol

:nope

Cryo

« Reply #32230 on: September 08, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
The challenge for me is mainly where we live now and what it affords us. We live in a tiny town of less than 1k people. We're less than 30 mins to work, to kayaking, to great camping, and only a bit further to rock climbing (all the things we both love). There's no crime and taxes are almost entirely non-existent. If either of us were to leave our jobs, there are currently other employers that we could work for and make comparable pay. Together we make far more money than we need and put the large majority of it toward savings and paying off the mortgage. We're on track to have the mortgage paid off by Nov 2019. We're set to be able to retire in about 15 years (well before 62.5/63). We are incredibly fortunate and have worked hard to get where we are.

The challenges in Chi include a few things outside of sacrificing the above. Chicago would be more expensive--we would pay an outrageous amount for housing to live in a place we don't like (sub-$500/mo mortgage for a house vs $2-3k for something comparable). Neither of us have degrees so the opportunities for the wife would likely reduce her income (or mine if I leave the company). Further, I'm not much of a company guy; I don't really care much about getting ahead in a corporate setting. My goals are what will get me the most outdoors time as possible. Living in a city that actively punishes those who try to leave is opposite of what I want long-term.

Now, the reasons I would consider it: if they offered me enough that we could expedite our early retirement while still owning our current house. If they can offer enough, we find a good job for Mrs. Voyage, and we're able to get a good deal on a place, I would consider living there for the next 2-5 years.

You’re not crazy.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32231 on: September 08, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »
This sounds about right.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #32233 on: September 09, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »

Reading this post, I don't know how this is even remotely a question.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #32234 on: September 09, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »
Thanks again everyone. It seems most the people I talk to think I am crazy for liking to live out in the middle of nowhere. I've lived in several big cities and they aren't for me. Anyway, my meeting to begin discussions is Tuesday. I'm going to ask about the potential to work remotely and turn down anything that requires a move.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #32235 on: September 09, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
I just had a great dream that I need to work into a story. It’s called The Death of Cindi. It’s about a low-level police informant prostitute that turns up dead and the police investigation into her perverse background and all the weirdos she fucked. .  .and fucked over. 

Now, for some advice from here: what’s the best way to kill your wife? Can’t be used in a prominent movie or show or book. Need some creative ideas for body disposal. And how do you handle the kids while it’s going on?
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32236 on: September 09, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
Creepy Stalker is back

TVC15

« Reply #32237 on: September 09, 2018, 08:31:44 PM »
Your mom is back.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #32238 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »
The best way to kill your wife is to throat fuck her to death. When you nut, you shove it down her throat and pinch her nose and suffocate her to death. Don’t forget thto details of your balls slapping her chin while she struggles to take her last breath. The kids are sleeping.

TVC15

« Reply #32239 on: September 09, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »
Very disappointed in your lack of creativity and inability to answer everything I asked. Creepy Stalker is truly back.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #32240 on: September 09, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »
The real Creepy Stalker was the Creepy Stalker we made along the way

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #32241 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
Pour bleach in her asshole after gaping it. Dispose of the body by deep freezing it in pieces while the kids are at grandmas. Slowly feed it to them over the following months. Keep the skull in a locked box for sexual satisfaction

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #32242 on: September 09, 2018, 09:12:11 PM »
I just had a great dream that I need to work into a story. It’s called The Death of Cindi. It’s about a low-level police informant prostitute that turns up dead and the police investigation into her perverse background and all the weirdos she fucked. .  .and fucked over. 

Now, for some advice from here: what’s the best way to kill your wife? Can’t be used in a prominent movie or show or book. Need some creative ideas for body disposal. And how do you handle the kids while it’s going on?
best way to kill your wife: Sleeping pills in her breakfast smoothie + a pillow over the face?  :doge

body disposal: Richard Kuklinski (aka Ice Man) had a coastal cave full of rats that craved human flesh. He'd dump his contract kills there and the rats would eat them 'til there was nothing left but bones.

Also, make sure to remove the teeth so the detectives can't use dental records to identify the body.

how to handle the kids: have them be at a friends house for the day/night? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: you might want to read up on this guy too: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_William_Fisher
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:34:58 PM by Atramental »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32243 on: September 10, 2018, 12:14:47 AM »
best way to kill your wife is to mop, polish the floors and leave the toilet seat up. when she stomps like a beast to get at you she'll slip and hit her head.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32244 on: September 10, 2018, 12:15:34 AM »
best way to kill your wife is with kindness, bless up

skullstorm

« Reply #32245 on: September 10, 2018, 05:42:50 AM »
Best way to kill wifey is to take her and the kids to somewhere like the Grand Canyon or Beachy Head and tell her to take a selfie at the edge of a cliff and "make sure the picture really shows how steep the drop is, honey!" and then she'll just handle the whole thing herself. Walks accidentally off a cliff, body is disposed by turning into a mushy bloody mess at the bottom of the cliff and the kids will witness the whole thing and can testify it was all mom's fault for being such a vapid bitch and always putting Instagram before them.

TVC15

« Reply #32246 on: September 10, 2018, 07:16:19 AM »
After my latest round of dreams, The Death of Cindi will now incorporate an apartment haunted by the ghosts of two beautiful American kittens that were killed when gross, smelly foreigners turned them into goulash. There’s also a garishly sexual elementary school graduation sequence, but the dreams have not told me everything about it yet.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32247 on: September 10, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »

From this poster it seems staring directly into her temple should work

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32248 on: September 10, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »
The best way to kill your wife is to throat fuck her to death. When you nut, you shove it down her throat and pinch her nose and suffocate her to death.
Is that called snowboarding?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #32249 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
Whatever it is, its not torture. 

TVC15

« Reply #32250 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is she using a blanket or curtain as a dress? It looks like a cheap fuzzy blanket.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #32251 on: September 10, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32252 on: September 10, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »

Is she using a blanket or curtain as a dress? It looks like a cheap fuzzy blanket.
i need macuser in here right now.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32253 on: September 10, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
Do these emotes work? 🌝👀😂😁🌐🌛🌐🐝😶😁😱💩🙈🖕👊💟💗💩

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #32254 on: September 10, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »
Yep

🌚

TVC15

« Reply #32255 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:15 PM »
I throw up after I take a dump like 80% of the time now, even at work. It just disgusts me. The concept, I mean. Bowel movements have been normal for the most part lately.
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #32256 on: September 10, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
While this page is going the way it is: anyone have a good dark joke? I’m trying to impress someone with my dark sense of humor.  :doge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #32257 on: September 10, 2018, 09:44:24 PM »
Normally I’d be down for James Gunn-esque pedo jokes but this is a lady friend of mine.  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #32258 on: September 10, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »
While this page is going the way it is: anyone have a good dark joke? I’m trying to impress someone with my dark sense of humor.  :doge
Dark humor is like love. Hardly anyone gets it.

Dark humor is a lot like a kid with cancer. It never gets old.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #32259 on: September 10, 2018, 10:04:05 PM »
Oh, yeah. That’ll do it. Thx Ronito. 👍

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #32260 on: September 10, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »
Dark humor is like love. Hardly anyone gets it.

Dark humor is a lot like a kid with cancer. It never gets old.

The conversationalist (tm) delivers

TVC15

« Reply #32261 on: September 10, 2018, 10:30:11 PM »
Can you give yourself norovirus?
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #32262 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:47 AM »
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32263 on: September 11, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32264 on: September 11, 2018, 04:35:27 AM »
Is Assy okay with you using a pic of his girlfriend as your avatar?

TVC15

« Reply #32265 on: September 11, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »

This is my haunt. I’m not going anywhere. You’re going to deal with my stupid bullshit until you either leave or die. I have an entire notes file filled with stupid posts to deploy here, just in case I become a vegetable and have to get some attending nurse to post in my stead. You’re in the jungle, baby.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32266 on: September 11, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
So what you're saying is, when you die you could just replace yourself with a bot that posts from the file to make sure I suffer for eternity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:14:42 AM by Momo »

TVC15

« Reply #32267 on: September 11, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
So what you're saying is, when you die you could just replace yourself with a bot that posts from the file to make sure I suffer for eternity.

To be honest, that sounds like it would take more effort than I’d like to expend. It has nothing to do with not wanting you to suffer, it just sounds like it would take more than like 5 minutes, and I’m way too lazy/crazy/in pain to deal with that without crying or throwing a tantrum and smoking too much weed in an attempt to pass out but only suceeding at making myself paranoid and pondering minor life decisions from 20 years ago to a weird degree. 
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #32268 on: September 11, 2018, 11:01:10 AM »
Is Assy okay with you using a pic of his girlfriend as your avatar?
Excuse me?
I think you mean xer girlfriend :snob
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32269 on: September 11, 2018, 04:53:33 PM »
Shitlady
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32270 on: September 11, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »
 ::)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32271 on: September 12, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
would any of you fuckers be interested in a fly-away borecon? We can meet somewhere central from usa and asia and Europe like greece or morroco or something and spend a week hanging out, more of a bore group vacation than a con lol

shosta

« Reply #32272 on: September 12, 2018, 11:53:58 AM »
The vacation would have to be long enough for me to murder you all one by one
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32273 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:58 AM »
Headwalk to turn into Agatha Christie's Poirot and catch you on a train to Cairo fucking a corpse with accomplice TVC

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #32274 on: September 12, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
For those who may care, I had my discussion with my boss. He said a position was opening up and I was at the top of his list to fill the position. I told him my hesitations and he appreciated the candor. He is open to me working remotely or a variation of being based out of Chicago for a year. We'll iron out the details when the position opens up in a few months. Whatever happens, I think I can get it to work out in my favor.
Thanks to those who let me know I was not crazy, I felt a lot more confident going into the discussion.

shosta

« Reply #32275 on: September 12, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »
That's the real version of YOLO. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Congrats!
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #32276 on: September 12, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »
would any of you fuckers be interested in a fly-away borecon? We can meet somewhere central from usa and asia and Europe like greece or morroco or something and spend a week hanging out, more of a bore group vacation than a con lol

Thailand or bust.
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32277 on: September 12, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »

Thailand or bust.

Thailand and bust
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #32278 on: September 12, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
Saw a lady on the shuttle home with worse canckles than even Hillary. Seriously. It was almost like there were Popeye arms on her ankles.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32279 on: September 13, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Thailand works for me, going to @ Elon Musk when we land so he can call me a pedophile :noah