Author Topic: Halo 4/Halo Anniversary thread  (Read 26474 times)

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Re: Halo 4/Halo Anniversary thread
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
WTF is up with the new guns, they're so underpowered (in SP mode anyway). I have a bitch of a time taking down the flying fuckers who generate shields for the Knights. What the hell am I missing here?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »
Put in some good time with the game tonight with a party of people.

The game is hella good in mp. It reminds me of the crack days of Halo 2 where I would play it all day. It's fun. It's fast. It's skillful. It can be crazy in big team slayer. It has a classic feel but it's not all stodgy and has modern elements to it like a game should. It's really good. I doubt I'll play a better mp game this year. I may end up playing Black Ops 2 more if it turns out well just because I tend to be more of a cod player nowadays but god damn the mp is good in this game. It recaptures the fun factor that Halo 3, and Halo Reach sort of lost for me in Halo.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
why doesn't this game have a fucking 'Continue campaign' option? I played 4-5hrs yesterday and all I see are 'Start campaign' options. One of which is right from the start, the other is the online co-op multiplay with the most recent start point about an hour before I quit yesterday (after hitting a Checkpoint...)
vjj

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2012, 04:08:16 AM »
WTF is up with the new guns, they're so underpowered (in SP mode anyway). I have a bitch of a time taking down the flying fuckers who generate shields for the Knights. What the hell am I missing here?

Light rifle works pretty well on those, that's basically the promethean DMR. That one and the power weapons are alright, but I was pretty happy when I got to pick up some UNSC weapons again. And I really don't understand the bolter.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »

human and covenant weapons are best against promethians
promethian and human weapons are best against covenant.
nat

Beezy

« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
Leveled up to SR13 while playing multiplayer last night. I've been dying a shitload, but I'm loving it so far. I really suck with the assault rifle and battle rifle though. The DMR is the only early weapon that I can actually kill consistently with.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
finished the campaign.

the last levels are pretty awesome actually:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
once you leave the planet it's picks up in pace and is really fun.
[close]

endings weird.

i'm a bit disappointed overall. the game is OK in the first act. pretty tedious and annoying in the second, and pretty fun in the last.
nat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »

The new guns are not good against the guys who created them, most of them are very good in multi or versus covenant

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
That'd be super useful if the last few levels had any actual human / covenant weapons. It's entirely Promethian vs. Promethian
fat

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
I don't remember having a hard time using my human weapons in the last few levels on Heroic

The only problem is really with the Knights, the dogs go down easy with any precision weapon including the bolt pistol, the flying guys are not really a big deal either. The Knights have a ton of HP

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2012, 07:51:44 PM »
? the game has "Resume Campaign". It's the right most option when you get to the main menu.
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
There's a stupid achievement you can only unlock at midnight...

Now I have to wait an hour for this shit to happen.
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
Beat the campaign yesterday. I enjoyed it. Less vehicle bits. And the story was fairly simple which I prefer.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #253 on: November 17, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
Reading the book does add a lot of context to what is going and who the Didact actually is. It's really lame you have to read the books to get it.

Been playing a bunch of the multiplayer and it's def a lot of fun. The COD elements are minimal from what I've found. I've unlocked stuff but still maintain a DMR and AR loadout.
nat

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
It's all in the terminals, but I got by well enough even without them

Beezy

« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
I still haven't touched the campaign. :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
campaign sucks, and spartain ops are pretty shit -- though after playing them its clear this is the new firefight -- except worse, since you cant farm for shit for XP
fat

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »
haha- great end to a CTF matchup- I got the last cap, killed the enemy carrier on the way- and right at the drop point I was shot down by my own team and humped while the final scores were displayed. Wtffff halo community :lol
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38:14 PM »
haha- great end to a CTF matchup- I got the last cap, killed the enemy carrier on the way- and right at the drop point I was shot down by my own team and humped while the final scores were displayed. Wtffff halo community :lol

NICE. Stay classy, Halo players!

Then again, it is on Xbox Live, so not sure what we were expecting.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »
haha I dun care- we'd won ; just thought it was absurd
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
What loadout is everyone running with? what special skills seem way useless - like the regen bubble...seems kinda WAT. That infinite sprint though- oh yeah lets do that...and dexterity boost omg.
o_0

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
Infinite sprint makes me play sloppy. I use the regen on Dominion a lot

My main thing is BR/mag/plasma/thruster/shielding/dexterity

MrAngryFace

« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »
BR is so great in this game. I can never use thruster correctly on purpose.
o_0

Beezy

« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »
What loadout is everyone running with? what special skills seem way useless - like the regen bubble...seems kinda WAT. That infinite sprint though- oh yeah lets do that...and dexterity boost omg.

DMR/Magnum/plasma/regen bubble/shielding/explosives

I mainly use regen bubble to get my shield back quicker. It's been the most useful to me so far in Regicide matches. Infinite sprint makes me play sloppy too and I don't know how/when to use the thruster.

I also have an assault rifle loadout for maps with lots of small hallways. It'll win just about everytime in close combat against someone using the BR or DMR.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:47 AM »
I mostly use infinite sprint when im running away- I dont use it when advancing cause yeah- that shitty transition time between spring and ready to fire is noooooo. Its so great for CTF (chasing their carrier down) and running away though.
o_0

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »
Does the explosives perk make a big difference?

Beezy

« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »
I honestly don't even know, but I use grenades a lot so I figured why not

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
Halo 4 script:

Cortana?

Cortana!

Cortana

Cortana

Cortana

Chief

Rampancy

Infinity

UNSC Infinity

Cortana

Didact

Didact!

Didact

Cortana

Composer

GAES

Librarian

Cortana

Can you fix it Cortana?

Plug me in, Chief

Cortana
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Anyone want to help me get the achievements "Broes to the Close" (save all marines in Infinity) and the Spartan Ops achievement for ensuring one marine is still alive?

I just got done doing Solo Legendary. Wasnt that bad. I glitched Shutdown so I only had to do the last 10 minutes of the level, lol.
fat

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2012, 09:47:21 PM »
I can prob do that. It only requires Heroic right?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
Yes
fat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2012, 01:22:11 AM »
of all the things I hate its the fuckin attitude everyone has with Chief n Halsey- fuck em; let em burn.
o_0

Rahxephon91

« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
Am I the only one who hates being given the option to vote for maps? I would like to play CTF on more then 2 maps people.

I mean this has always been a problem with Halo matchmaking. It made sense in 2, but after CoD it just seemed to be shitty in 3 and Reach. You don't always get what you want and while I'm happy CTF is its own playlist now, it still sucks to have to basically only play it on Ragnarok. I haven't even played on most of the other maps yet!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
I pretty much hate map voting in any mp game. When the trend was started it seemed neat but then you realize dumbasses always pick the same fucking maps over and over again.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »
de_dust will forever be in my nightmares
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
SP: Reach > 1 > ODST > 4 > 2 > 3

HAHA COME AT ME BRO
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
reach's SP was tedious uneventful dogshit. no crazy scenarios, no interesting fights, just lots of multiplayer maps with enemies thrown onto them.

only other old halo SP i played was 1, which was cool for the combat but had the assiest maps a level designer could shit out. 4 so far (about 3/4s thru) kills both of them easily. less repetition and more interesting battle set-ups = a campaign i finally dont hate
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
I THNK YUR DOGSHIT
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:46 PM »
MAF MAKING BAD LIFE CHOICES AGAIN
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
ALWAYS
o_0

Stoney Mason

« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
I like reading the GAF halo threads. Those guys detest the mp in this game. They want nothing changed. They just want them to keep remaking Halo 2 or 3 exactly as they were over and over again.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
reach's SP was tedious uneventful dogshit. no crazy scenarios, no interesting fights, just lots of multiplayer maps with enemies thrown onto them.

only other old halo SP i played was 1, which was cool for the combat but had the assiest maps a level designer could shit out. 4 so far (about 3/4s thru) kills both of them easily. less repetition and more interesting battle set-ups = a campaign i finally dont hate

I agree, except I have no problem with 1's repetitive environments. You should play Halo 3, that one is the best by your metrics.

I think multi is the best since 2, and has a feel similar to 2. Especially Oddball which is more up close

drew

• sy
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
agree in full, fuck halo 3, only one i never bothered to finish

Rahxephon91

« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
Well as far as the mp in this game is concerned, imo it's ok. I guess for me Halo 2 will always be the most fun. It was the one with the least BS I guess you could say. I also really liked the maps a lot more and well I don't remember matchmaking being a real problem beyond the day 1 "wtf I can't just chose a room".

With 3 and Reach it seemed like I never got what I wanted to play. I just want to play CTF and assault games and with Reach especially, that seemed to not happen thanks to the way matchmaking went. So you know I would chose Big team battle and get stuck with Team slayer, which I di'nt want to play and I would just say fuck it.

But still at least three was fun to play and I put some time into it. Reach, I just didn't get into. I just thought the powers screwed with the tempo of the game and it seemed like it took forever to kill people. Plus matchmaking still sucked. So I dropped the game.

With 4 I'm at least having some fun. To be honest, I can't pick up on all the nuances of gameplay in the Halo games. It seems mostly the same. I mean it seems people die quicker in 4, which is kind of a plus. So as far as I'm concerned the gameplay is fine. The ablites don't seem as obnoxious as in Reach as well. So I mean it seems pretty fun. I guess having a loadout is nice and dandy, but it feels kind of pointless since people just chose the weapons they have been using through the damn series. I mean Halo is not a series with tons of guns. People stick with a br or maybe a assault rifle if the map is more close combat. I guess choosing the other abilities and stuff is cool, but it seems a bit superfluous to me. I don't know, I'm not some hardcore person here. I'll just chose what allows to me to survive the longest and he br.

Anyway, I do like that 4 has a CTF playlist, so I can just play on that. It means a lot to me. But I do miss the CTF variants and I really miss assault. I know, slayer and it's like are the most popular things in online fps, but I really like objective modes. I like playing as a team. Maybe they will be added later.

I don't know seems like a decent online game. Really outside of Halo and BF I don't really play online FPS. And BF has to much CoD in it these days.

As for the single player? I don't care. I don't dislike Halo SP, but I also don't give a flying fuck. I think Halo can do some nice mouments where it feels like a alive battlefield with all the vehicle combat and allies running around and I do like some of the sandbox feeling. But you know sometimes it's just boring. I've never given a shit about the story as to me the Halo universe just feels like they threw every sci-fi cliche in the book into it and well master chief is just souless to me. Eh what can I say? It's not Japanese enough.

I think so far I've enjoyed Reach the most. Mostly because of small stupid things. I liked being part of a Squad, it reminded me of Quake 4 and how that made me feel like I was in a squad. I also thought the Spartans looked cool for the first time ever. I liked the enviorments because they weren't the boring alien shit. Honestly, in sci-fi universes what I like to see most is what human civilization has become, I guess I just don't find non-human things that fascinating. Hell I don't find animals to be cool either.

So if I have to Rank the SP it goes like this

Reach

ODST-Because you are in New Mombassa the entire time and playing an ODST felt pretty interesting-something I felt Halo 2 cheated me on.

Halo 3-Mostly because of the earth levels and the Scarabs.

Halo 2-I liked the beginning before it went back into boring shit.

Halo 1-I only like the fist level and whatever the snow level was.

I'm not sure were Halo 4 will drop, at least the game looks great, but I'm not sure where people are getting all this "Halo has never looked this great! This is the first real HD HALO!!!". It's like to people forget Reach, that game looked really good.

Edit-Actually, kind of starting to hate this game. I mean I just don't understand Halo matchmaking. CTF playlist is stuck basically on 3 maps, but this game has several other maps that would seem perfect to play ctf on, yet the game refuses to have them come up. I just don't understand this. I want to play on these other maps and not be stuck playing on lame small CTF games, but again playing Halo online is not about what you want I guess.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:41:23 AM by Rahxephon91 »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
I think I got more out of Reach because I read the books- so having a story with this team of spartans on Reach as it fell, tying into the first game- AWESOME- plus it was the best looking/running Halo game to that point, and the firefights were plenty fun- regardless of how many multiplayer map assets were used.
o_0

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
Sorry breezy,that was my last match. Didn't see you until I went to change leaders

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »
Reach > ODST > whatever the rest they all suck
fat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:04 AM »
Demi > *
o_0

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
Reach is my favorite, partially because I actually remember bits of the story and that I felt real sad when Kat(? robot arm girl) was killed right in front of me when I least expected it. That and customizing your own Spartan is pretty cool. I played Halo and Halo 2. Don't remember them. Or maybe I played Halo 3 and not Halo 2. Oh well, don't care.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
Noble team = badass period. I get tired of the bullshit the no-nothing infinity crew gets to spew in Halo 4- fuck them; saving the universe n shit ARHGHG they talk down to cool people and im like fuck y'all. wouldn't even be here if not for Chief/Cortana/Halsey
o_0

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds awful.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
Halo 4 campaign; HEROES treated like shit- that's all I see
o_0

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
Sounds like there should be an option to fuck everyone in the end, like in ME3 lol
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:47:51 AM by rodi »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »
YEAH!
o_0

Rahxephon91

« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
Noble team all looked pretty cool.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
Sounds like there should be an option to fuck every in the end, like in ME3 lol

This game's plot surrounds the synthesis ending of ME3

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
what is the point of choosing my spartans colors when hes always red or blue
pcp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
what is the point of choosing my spartans colors when hes always red or blue
If you play Free for all matches he won't be.

But yeah it has always kind of been stupid.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »
what is the point of choosing my spartans _____

Rahxephon91

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
You mean you don't want to rock a female spartan with some ryu hayabusa armor?

I don't know about you guys, but  I've kind of wanted a 3rd person Halo game since 3. I like the way my Spartan looks when you see them while your holding a detached turret.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:02:12 PM by Rahxephon91 »