Author Topic: Halo 4/Halo Anniversary thread  (Read 26480 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Halo 4/Halo Anniversary thread
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
I bought the anniversary map pack for Reach. Even though I don't play Reach very much anymore I figure 7 maps for 15 dollars isn't bad and those playlists should have a lot of people.

Awesome; didn't know this was already up as Reach DLC. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:08:37 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »
The cheevos look fun

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
This is awesome

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
I love the CE release, but is it just me or are ALL vehicles gutless deathtraps now?
o_0

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
Looks like Halo alright :rock I gotta LOL @ people who hate on it cause it looks too much like Halo. How should it look then? Cel shaded?

anime style
dur

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »
No Bungie = GOOD GRAPHICS

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:53:47 PM by maxy »
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »
Halo 4 looking like Halo is more an expression of how safe it is.  It's like the Twilight Princess of Halo, which isn't a necessarily a bad thing.  It's understandable that they wouldn't want to alienate the fans but with the original halo, uh, pentalogy (?) closing and handing it off to a new developer, there's an opportunity to make something other than 'Halo again'.  Because at this point, it's just adding onto a well established formula instead of taking risks.  This is all a knee-jerk reaction, btw, as they only talked about the campaign.

Still looking forward to it.  I liked Twilight Princess a lot, even if it was OoT again.  Playing Halo Anniversary reminded me of how much I liked that game.  And I liked the talk about making master chief more agile; it sounded like it was going to be Crysis 2-like.  It all depends on where the campaign is heading.

one more thing to bitch about:  did anyone care about why blue and red spartans fought  :-\

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Halo = Shooting Muppets with Nerf guns

Stoney Mason

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
Is Halo still big in the CoD era?

Yes. I mean no game touches the popularity of COD on consoles but it still sells quite well and has a popular mp following.

Xbox Live Activity list.

1.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2.) Call of Duty: Black Ops
3.) FIFA 12
4.) Battlefield 3
5.) Skyrim
6.) Halo: Reach
7.) Modern Warfare 2
8.) Gears of War 3
9.) NBA 2K12
10.) Mass Effect 3 Demo

Stoney Mason

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
one more thing to bitch about:  did anyone care about why blue and red spartans fought  :-\

I'm not sure why developers think anybody cares about story in mp. Max Payne is also talking about how story will be a part of their MP but no one who plays these modes gives a shit about that stuff.

As far as Halo 4 it will be interesting. I think change is good for what is essentially a very conservative franchise but Halo fans are some of the least progressive people around. They bitch about minor changes. So major changes would drive them crazy.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
Blacks ops 2 next fall will sell better than Halo 4 and be more popular on the activity list. COD is more popular than Halo for many reasons and I'll eat my hat if Halo 4 somehow turns COD fans into Halo fans. Which is not to say Halo 4 won't be a big game or a good game.

It's like the Battlefield thing and how they were talking all that smack before it released. COD is popular for reasons these other games aren't and unless those other games fundamentally change somehow or introduce some new revolution into the mix its going to stay that way.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
Halo is too colorful. Won't do shit to COD.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »

cat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
Wasn't Halo supposed to be just a trilogy?  It seems like the franchise has completely lost direction after 3.  Reach was so boring that watching grass grow and paint dry was more interesting by comparison.
🍆🍆

cool breeze

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
pretty sure Halo was supposed to be just Halo 1, story-wise.  It's like The Matrix in that the following two entries feel written in instead of planned.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
Her face is all DERP.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
what sci-fi game would be complete without a robot girlfriend
vjj

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2012, 02:54:56 AM »
Spartan Points

-Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions (see below), and some

Spartan Ops

-This was probably my most favorite addition I saw. From how it was described, think fo Spartan Ops like Spec Ops from Modern Warfare but with a storyline. They will span out over several months, encouraging players to return to the game. Game Informer said that Spartan Ops will be comparable in scope and size to the in single-player storyline.

Why Reds Fight Blues

-I think most of us probably guessed this, but reds fight blues and blues fight reds for training purposes. They fight in something called the UNSC Infinity. The UNSC Infinity is a 3km long ship sent into deep space on a mission. It contains a virtual reality sector that creates the multiplayer experience.

Sprint

-So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.

Forerunner Vision

-Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.

Returning Armor Abilities

-The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.

Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer

-Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat, it was stated in a picture caption. The caption reads, "Competitive multiplayer focues on the Spartan IVs. Elites will not be playable.

Grenades

-Now the article itself did not talk about grenades, but I noticed in the picture the Spartan had 4 grenade options. I assume the plasma grenade will return as seen from an explosion in the picture and the frag grenade will most definitely return as seen by the Halo 4 first look video.

Firefight

-Once again, no explanation why aside from a picture caption. The caption read, "Halo 4's campaign is still playable with four players online (in reference to Sparan Ops, ensuring players that Spartan Ops will not replace the campaign coop experience). 343 Industries has no plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode. I'm torn on this, I don't normally play firefight, but I feel like it is a standard necessary feature in the game after Halo 3: ODST introduced it.

Regicide

-Regicide is a variation of free for all. I think it's similar to VIP. Regicide, as stated by the article, "sets the leading scorer as the king. Every opponent that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward."

Distraction and Revenge Medals

-Don't feel bad anymore for not killing a single person in the game, you can get a medal for being a distraction! Oh, you just got killed and now you're raging at that player? Calm down and get rewarded for hunting down the guy that just killed you!

Let me make it clear that I do not necessarily see these medals as bad. They just may reward people that don't actually deserve one.

No More Weapon Camping

-One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

-Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

Joining In-Progress Games

-So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.

I'm not a big multiplayer fan,but people on various forums are raging already.

There are some scans around,few pages only.

https://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_topics12_Halo-4.aspx

lol
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:58:43 AM by maxy »
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2012, 03:23:12 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:02:51 PM by maxy »
cat

Huff

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:29 AM »
Only a part time Halo MP player (as in terrible) but some of this shit sounds like shit
dur

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:43 AM »
-Takes place during 2557
-Mysterious Planet is called "Requiem" and is a Dyson Sphere. Planet is housed inside.
-Redesigned Reach engine
-Native 720p
-New lighting and shader tech
-FXAA implementation
-New unknown enemy faction introduces largest sandbox change in Halo history
-Performance motion capture in-game
-Cortana's Rampancy and Master Chief's humanity is central to the story
-HUD has parallax movement
-Covenant board Forward Onto Dawn
-Cinematic moments where player still has control
-Halo 4 manages to recapture the unexplored world feel from CE.
-Forerunner structures are active and dangerous
-Jungles detailed detailed with alien fauna and flora.
-Art depicting large floating squid like creatures
-No blue sky, sandbox is an outer shell filled with stalactite like pillars
-Multiplayer is now called Infinity and takes place aboard UNSC Infinity where Spartan 4s train in the "holodeck"
-Join anytime
-Press X to spawn
-Spartan points ranking and currency system.
-Customizable load-outs and unlocks
-Random weapon spawns
-DMR and BR featured
-Carbine is back
-Elites not playable in mp
-No firefight
-Spartan Ops is an innovative co-op episodic content system that is story based and features cutscenes (not paid DLC). Lasts several months nd no plan to expire episodes. MP Spartan carries over. SP still 4 player co-op as well.
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:06 AM »
campaign scans

cat

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2012, 07:20:01 AM »
Those multiplayer changes are just to try to win the COD crowd back, what a mistake.  Halo MP is one of the few truly skill-based multiplayer that demands team cooperation, and it looks like these changes will destroy a lot of its foundations.  Oh well, guess a game of skill can't survive in this generation of FPS games!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Sounds good to me. My major fear was their paralysis to do anything different for fear of upsetting the traditional annoying Halo crowd.

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »
Screens look hot and make me think 'Bullshots!' ... but then I remember Bungie left, so it could actually look that good.  Certainly there's nothing there a dedicated team couldn't squeeze out of a 360.
ǚ

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »
Those multiplayer changes are just to try to win the COD crowd back, what a mistake.  Halo MP is one of the few truly skill-based multiplayer that demands team cooperation, and it looks like these changes will destroy a lot of its foundations.  Oh well, guess a game of skill can't survive in this generation of FPS games!

Pretty much. The multiplayer sounds like garbage right now. But if it has the same level of customization as the previous games, the community should be able to turn it into something worth playing.

Or maybe they're just giving up because they realized they'll never be able to dethrone Shadowrun as the king of console fps. :smug
BiSH

cool breeze

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »
They're really acting safe with this game.  With the returning enemies, weapons, and vehicles.  It's almost Zelda-levels of safe.

I still dig the Halo games.  Enjoyed Reach, really enjoyed playing Anniversary.  And as a Zelda fan, I'm accustomed to having the same game over and over.  If it ends up looking good but is the same thing, I'd still probably be down for it.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
Love what I've seen so far. Halo going back to being about a badass stranded on a mysterious world in deep space is hot stuff.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »
Love what I've seen so far. Halo going back to being about a badass stranded on a mysterious world in deep space is hot stuff.

Welcome back! :)
🍆🍆

Sman

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
the story sounds suspiciously like it's going to lead to cyborg-hologram fucking

I see no problems with that.

cool breeze

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
It's their first drive out in dad's ferrari, it's probably prudent for them to stay under the speed limit for this run.

at the same time it's a opportunity to change things up, cut out the fat, and reevaluate what Halo was about.  it's why I compare it to Zelda instead of Mario, since at least Galaxy redesigned 3D Mario instead of following the Mario 64/Sunshine template.  and this is unfounded criticism based on the little information of Halo 4 out there.  I'm just saying is all.

It's things like how Halo 4 has both the DMR and BR.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
the story sounds suspiciously like it's going to lead to cyborg-hologram fucking

fuckin' SOLD
nat

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2012, 08:40:34 AM »
That first picture reminds me of a Krogan with a cleft lip. Still looks *snore*, Halo always bored me to death as a series.
^_^

Stoney Mason

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
From an art design perspective outside of that original impressive image of seeing the halo after landing on the planet in the first game, I've never been a fan of the art in the series. Also not really that much of a fan of the story. Probably the most over-rated game in that aspect imo.

That being said, I do enjoy the games simply because the combat feels really good and they often have nice set pieces. So that's all I kinda care about.

I'm all up for changes to the mp. Since I'm not a hardcore halo guy, I like any additions to update some of that stuff while still retaining the core elements of Halo mp. 

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
Save the date!

November 6 is an important date in Halo’s vast and fascinating history. For the uninitiated, that was the day the Master Chief found a weapon, a parched Grunt stumbled upon the starship, and Staff Sergeant Avery Junior Johnson discovered the answer to one of life’s most perplexing questions. He wasn’t born knowing what the ladies like, you know. (Frankie wants me to point out that if ANYONE had been born knowing what the ladies like, it would be Sgt. Johnson, possibly related to his case of Boren's Syndrome, whatever that means….)

Now we’re adding another data point to that particular date on the Halo timeline, and that’s the release of Halo 4.

The end of Halo 3 found the Master Chief deep in cryogenic sleep, drifting toward a mysterious Forerunner planet, with Cortana instructed to wake him if she needs him. You can now consider his alarm clock officially set because Halo 4, the game that marks the much anticipated return of legendary hero Master Chief, will launch worldwide on November 6, 2012.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/04/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-41712.aspx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:32:22 AM by maxy »
cat

Huff

Re: Halo 4/Halo Anniversary thread(Halo 4 - November 6,2012)
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »
343 has some balls going up against a possible COD release period
dur

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2012, 06:22:14 AM »
Quote from: Zeouterlimits;37323436
New screenshots from the demo they gave to certain community members & NFL groupies:

(Image removed from quote.)

The first shot is confirmed gameplay (by David Ellis).

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »
It's their first drive out in dad's ferrari, it's probably prudent for them to stay under the speed limit for this run.

Yup yup.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:15 AM »
Leaked gameplay

:drudge
TURN YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN!!!!
 :drudge

Filmed in a barn on 1980 TV,using some shitty cellphone cam
VHS tape playback
gameplay starts around 1:40

lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:32:03 AM by maxy »
cat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2012, 03:44:17 AM »
OH SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT PART WHERE HE RAN AROUND AND SHOT THAT DUDE WITH THE ASSAULT RIFLE!?!?

yep, this is a halo game alrite
pcp

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
looks fast

me likey
cat

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »
Yeah, I am loving the speed.  Fucking finally.
ǚ

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
Haha what the fuck is with the distinguished mentally-challenged fellow blathering over Hypnotize. Also that has to be the stupidest intro possible. Do you really want to be associated with people like the ones that made this video? :yuck
Hi

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »
cat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
no Firefight? Thats dogshit. That was one of my favourite modes in Reach

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »

Full blown campaign demo at MS conf,don't miss first 10 minutes

cat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
I hope he uses the assault rifle to shoot some purple aliens

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
Purple aliens are not the main enemy this time.
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:49 AM »

E3 2012: Frank O'Connor on Halo 4 – 'Spartan Ops could run for years'
EXCLUSIVE: Halo 4 franchise development director Frank O'Connor speaks to the Guardian about the new Spartan Ops mode, and why working at E3 is like being one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/jun/04/e3-2012-halo-4-interview
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »
Again, no bungie = good graphics.

Chinner

« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:08 AM »
bungie are just really average developers. thats the truth of it really.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »

dat graphics
cat

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »
萌え~

cool breeze

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »
Enemies and design remind me a lot of Metroid Prime.

Looks OK, I guess.  They didn't have time to show off the fun parts of the Halo games.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Amazing how much better it looks once you take it away from Bungie.

Tacos

SantaC

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
halo is so yesterday, cant understand what is so exciting with this when there are a billion fps games coming out.