Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 368417 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
Getting close to finishing up Liu Bei and crew's campaign.  Sat down to play this again for a bit last night and 3 hours just flew by. 

There is a new character (actually from DW7 Empires), Xu Shu, with a hood that reminds me so much of an assassin from Assassin's Creed for some reason, lol.

The feel of shear bad-assery in this game is just off the charts.
ど助平

« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
Lol.  Don't ever run from Lu Bu.  Kill his wife and then kill him.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #962 on: July 18, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
Lol.  Don't ever run from Lu Bu.  Kill his wife and then kill him.

Fuck that shit, Lu Bu is one scary bitch again.  Imma run if I have the chance, lol.
ど助平

mjemirzian

« Reply #963 on: July 18, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, always avoided the series because it looks like you mow down grunts all day. Should I try this one?

Himu

« Reply #964 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:46 AM »
How is the stage design in this game? Is it passive like DW7 or active like WO3, SW2, DW5?
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #965 on: July 18, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
How is the stage design in this game? Is it passive like DW7 or active like WO3, SW2, DW5?

game gives you objective,if you fail to do them usualy some asshole tries to infiltrate your base and you have to intercept him and of course certain stage holds bonus stage if you do stuff that the game won't tell you

bork are you playing on normal? i'm playing on normal and i regret it because it's beyond easy,the affinity system makes it even more easier because as you carry 2 weapon around there's no reason to ever be at disadvantage so it either favors you and gives you tons of free extra damage or it does nothing
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #966 on: July 18, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »
bork are you playing on normal? i'm playing on normal and i regret it because it's beyond easy,the affinity system makes it even more easier because as you carry 2 weapon around there's no reason to ever be at disadvantage so it either favors you and gives you tons of free extra damage or it does nothing

I am playing Shu on normal right now.  Might switch to a harder difficulty with the other factions or may play all the story modes on normal and then go through the other modes on the harder and above settings.  My goal right now is just to unlock characters and then start leveling my favorites up, and that's when I'll definitely want to switch to the harder difficulty modes.  I find most musou games a bit too easy on normal in general.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, always avoided the series because it looks like you mow down grunts all day. Should I try this one?

Well, you DO mow down grunts all day -it's a beat em up game- but this is best DW in years, easily, and you can definitely have a challenge if you crank the difficulty up.  Things also get harder when you have to stop an event from happening or if you need to meet certain conditions to unlock characters or change the outcome of a level.  There are stages where something might fail to happen or someone is defeated on your faction, but the game will allow you to keep going.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »
What makes Warriors games challenging on normal modes for me are accomplishing the objectives. It should be tough accomplishing every goal and side goal on a map. The game should also have you continuously doing something new in terms of objectives. What I love about Samurai Warriors is how you'll often get like 3 or side objectives in one map. Fuck up? Oh well, restart map.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »
What makes Warriors games challenging on normal modes for me are accomplishing the objectives. It should be tough accomplishing every goal and side goal on a map. The game should also have you continuously doing something new in terms of objectives. What I love about Samurai Warriors is how you'll often get like 3 or side objectives in one map. Fuck up? Oh well, restart map.

There really isn't much in the way of side goals in the story mode from what I've played.  It's pretty straight-forward, BUT doesn't feel as linear as DW7 did in the sense that you can go around the map and take out enemy areas that the game doesn't mention or keep on going if some main objectives have failed.  However if you do complete all the objectives, in a level, you get the Hypothetical option for the stage in Free Mode- A "What If" scenario that deviates from the historical storyline and changes up who appears in the stage, dialogue, and objectives.

And don't forget that there is another mode entirely with different objectives, Ambition Mode:

A new game mode, called the "Ambition Mode", has been introduced.[15] In it, the player is tasked to create a social base for peasants called the "Tongquetai Tower" and to make Emperor Xian visit it. To raise the tower's status, the player must partake in three different kind of battles; Skirmish battles which give materials to construct the tower, Raid battles which increase fame, and Large-scale battles which can recruit new partners. Players start out with the weapon shop as their sole base facility. More can be added or expanded upon as the town gradually becomes populated with people. These include a food market, a trade shop, a menagerie, etc..

So there's a lot of stuff to do!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
OK, checking into this more, the hypothetical scenarios actually ARE in the main storyline, so you can actually go in a completely different direction from what is initially intended and play a different set of levels instead!   :o

'Hypothetical' is a what-if stage that can be unlocked by completing certain conditions in Story Mode. For example..

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Wei 'hypothetical' stage is Chibi. If you've completed all the optional conditions in the stages before Chibi, then Guo Jia, Dian Wei and Xu Shu will be present for the Wei side in the battle. This will allow you to foil Wu's fire attack and actually defeat them rather than fleeing. If you complete that stage, you unlock extra stages that continue along Wei's path to conquest rather than the historical status quo ending.
[close]

In Free Mode, you get the choice of doing the 'normal' or 'hypothetical' version of the stage. That's what the option is for. Of course, if you haven't unlocked the 'hypothetical' version, the option doesn't yet do anything for you!
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
i posted this in a spoiler so probably nobody readed that but i failed an objective on the mission where you recruit jia xu and somehow it actualy unlocked an extra stage (the canon battle where you go kill lu bu) you can see which stage have special condition by selecting them with the "free stage" option but the game doesn't tell you what you need to do,i was hoping the game would spill it's secret after finishing the campaign

<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
There's a hypothetical stage guide already up on the Koeiwarriors forums.

That was fast!   :lol

And there's your alternate objectives!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:42:24 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #972 on: July 18, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
i finished wei story mode,the game does indeed tells you all of the alternate objective after finishing

the story mode of this game sucks,DW7 got me because it was my first time playing a romace of the three kingdom game and i tought the story was really well done,in this game you don't even get to see cao cao death... the story mode ends after
the battle where guan yu die's
[close]

and then you just get to see him spout some non-sense about the future >:(
<----

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #973 on: July 18, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
Koei DON'T STOP:

Koei Tecmo announced that Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version [Samurai Warriors 2, with Xtreme Legends & Empires HD Version] will be coming to PS3 and PS Vita on Oct 24. The game is a HD Remaster of Sengoku Musou 2, Sengoku Musou 2 Moushouden and Sengoku Mosou 2 Empires. The three HD remakes will be available in several formats:

PS3 - Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version Three Game Pack - 5040 yen
PS3 - Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version Premium Box - 8190 yen
PS3 - Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version Download Version - 4500 yen
PS3 - Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden HD Version Download Version - 3000 yen
PS3 - Sengoku Musou 2 with Empires HD Version Download Version - 2700 yen
PS Vita - Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden HD Version Download Version - 3000 yen
PS Vita - Sengoku Musou 2 with Empires HD Version Download Version - 2700 yen

One of my favorite Musou games.  How easy is it to download Japanese Vita games onto an American one?
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #974 on: July 18, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
SW2 :rejoice
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #975 on: July 18, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
i finished wei story mode,the game does indeed tells you all of the alternate objective after finishing

the story mode of this game sucks,DW7 got me because it was my first time playing a romace of the three kingdom game and i tought the story was really well done,in this game you don't even get to see cao cao death... the story mode ends after
the battle where guan yu die's
[close]

and then you just get to see him spout some non-sense about the future >:(

Do we really need to spoiler tag this game's story?  It's the same one since the original game and a couple...hundred...years before that.   :lol

That's just one part of the story, Magus.  But make sure you play the Jin faction last.   ;)

One of my favorite Musou games.  How easy is it to download Japanese Vita games onto an American one?

You will need:

1. A Japanese PSN account.  Easy enough to make and 100000 walkthroughs out there if you don't read Japanese and/or have an address to use.
2. Another memory card specifically for this account.
3. Funds.  Your credit card won't work.  You'll need to buy PSN cards to charge your PSN wallet.  You can get these codes online from plenty of sellers, albeit at marked-up prices.

You then have to remove the memory card with your U.S. account and do a system restore.  Now you can access your Japanese PSN account and go through the set up, then download the game.  This whole process really doesn't take more than a few minutes, but what sucks is that when you switch back to your primary account, repeating the process again, your icon placement gets fucked up and some game icons or content might get randomly deleted.  You won't lose game saves AFAIK but it helps to back everything up.

Basically it's just annoying enough to do that I don't generally bother doing it.
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #976 on: July 18, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
it was more to not spoil how long is the wei campaign

and i know that's one part of the story bork,i played DW7 (even 1000/1000) but really compare

DW8 ending

blablablablabla :derp
[close]

the first make me think that romance of three kingdom would make a really kickass jrpg and the second it's just.... there...
<----

Himu

« Reply #977 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
Dw7's story has different goals I think. It is about Jin's rise to dominance as the old heroes die out, and Jin bring about a new age with new blood that doesn't follow the mistakes of their ancestors. Since jin is no longer new that is no longer necessary. Sounds like Wei's ending ends abruptly like Wu's in 7.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:06:18 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #978 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »
Also play rotk strategy games Magus.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #979 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »
There are two endings for each faction now.  Magus got the "bad" ending.  Maybe the "good" endings are that much better.  I don't want to spoil myself!

Almost done with Shu's normal path.  Just four more stages to go.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:48:34 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #980 on: July 19, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
Yeah I got the meh ending for Wei last night. Going to play through all four factions first then go back and get their good endings.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #981 on: July 19, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
Does anyone know if you can get the objectives completed for the alternate paths in free mode?  Would be nice to be able to use any character...
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #982 on: July 31, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2013/07/soulcaliburs-sophitia-joins-warriors-orochi-3-ultimate

Sterk and Kasumi won’t be the only guest characters in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Famitsu this week reveals a collaboration with Namco Bandai to bring Soulcalibur fighter Sophitia Alexandra to the game.

Another new character was also revealed. Wielding a fire-tipped spear, the magazine introduces the Taoist protection deity Nezha.
ど助平

« Reply #983 on: July 31, 2013, 09:43:29 AM »
I miss base and checkpoint capture :/

jiji

« Reply #984 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »
The framerate in this =  :kobeyuck :holeup :badass :dead

Did Koei just give up on optimizing Musou games?
OTL

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #985 on: July 31, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
Are you playing it on 360?
ど助平

jiji

« Reply #986 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
PS3. The lady and I got it last night, and it was miserable in both SP and coop.
OTL

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #987 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
Did you install it?

I dunno what to say- haven't played it split-screen but it plays smoothly enough for me.  Don't see anyone else complaining about it on PS3 either. 
ど助平

jiji

« Reply #988 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
Did you install it?

I dunno what to say- haven't played it split-screen but it plays smoothly enough for me.  Don't see anyone else complaining about it on PS3 either.

I didn't, but how would that affect in-level framerates? Even the pre-stage talk-to-guys sequences were choppy as hell. The game looks like Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. This used to be a 60fps series.
OTL

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:29 PM »

It hasn't been a constant 60 FPS for a while.

Did you install it?

I didn't, but how would that affect in-level framerates? Even the pre-stage talk-to-guys sequences were choppy as hell. The game looks like Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. This used to be a 60fps series.

???
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #990 on: August 01, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
when's one piece musou 2 out in the states bagin?
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #991 on: August 01, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
They keep pushing it back- I see it listed as "Q3 2013" now (digital download only), but the retail Euro versions are listed for late August, so maybe around that time?
ど助平

jiji

« Reply #992 on: August 01, 2013, 11:38:05 AM »
I tried the game with an install last night. Not sure if it was my imagination, but it did seem to run slightly better after that. Framerate is still all over the place, though.
OTL

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #993 on: August 21, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends is coming to PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on November 28, Tecmo Koei revealed in this week’s Famitsu.

On PlayStation 3, the game will cost 5,040 yen at retail and 4,500 yen via digital download. A PlayStation 3 set also including the original Dynasty Warriors 8 will cost 7,560 yen at retail and 6,600 yen via digital download. On PS Vita, the game will cost 7,140 yen at retail and 6,300 yen via digital download.

In addition to new characters Chen Gong and Zhu Ran, the game will offer multiplayer, downloadable content, cross-play, and cross-save support. If Scenarios, an enhanced Commander Mode, new actions, and an online ranking are also present.

Koei going full Musou overload now- Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate in September, Sengoku Musou 2 HD Collection in October, and now Sangoku Musou 7 XL in November.

:dead

Why not release a next-gen version of DW8+XL, with improved graphics and a rock-solid 60 FPS frame rate?
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #994 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
Hard to get excited about games i'll never get to play due to them staying in japan :-\
no

Trent Dole

« Reply #995 on: August 21, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
XL came over last time PS3 only. As for the others, yeah, might wanna start brushing up on your hiragana.
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #996 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:52 PM »
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends is coming to PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on November 28, Tecmo Koei revealed in this week’s Famitsu.

On PlayStation 3, the game will cost 5,040 yen at retail and 4,500 yen via digital download. A PlayStation 3 set also including the original Dynasty Warriors 8 will cost 7,560 yen at retail and 6,600 yen via digital download. On PS Vita, the game will cost 7,140 yen at retail and 6,300 yen via digital download.

In addition to new characters Chen Gong and Zhu Ran, the game will offer multiplayer, downloadable content, cross-play, and cross-save support. If Scenarios, an enhanced Commander Mode, new actions, and an online ranking are also present.

Koei going full Musou overload now- Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate in September, Sengoku Musou 2 HD Collection in October, and now Sangoku Musou 7 XL in November.

Why not release a next-gen version of DW8+XL, with improved graphics and a rock-solid 60 FPS frame rate?

I got Dynasty Warriors 5 Special with my 360.  It was fucking sweet.  We might get a Dynasty Warriors 8 Special.  Given how Koei is pumping out Musou updates likes a motherfucker, I wouldn't put it past them.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #997 on: August 22, 2013, 12:46:07 AM »
Yeah, Koei milks these games hard, so I think it's almost inevitable that DW8 gets a next-gen port at some point.

Hard to get excited about games i'll never get to play due to them staying in japan :-\

So import them if they don't come out here.  It's not like they're hard to play and guides go up quick.  I'm not waiting on a Musou 3 Ultimate announcement -that is getting imported immediately and I might double-dip on it- but I will wait on DW8 XL and will likely skip SW2 HD anyway. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #998 on: August 22, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »
When the fuck are they showing samurai warriors 4
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #999 on: August 22, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
After you buy Samurai Warriors 2 HD, of course!  :smug
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1000 on: August 22, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
My favorite non-Orochi Muosou? GLADLY.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1001 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
oh and prole, wan pisu musou 2 is coming to psn on september 8
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1002 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 should be on PSN now.  9/3 release date,  I thought?

And Koei isn't done!
Weekly Famitsu revealed that Shin Gundam Musou [New Dynasty Warriors Gundam] is in development for PS3 and PS Vita, the game will be released in Japan on Dec 19, for 7980 yen (PS3) and 6980 yen (Vita). Shin Gundam Musou will return to the realistic style graphics, the Official Mode will return with original story for each character, and there is an Ultimate Mode with an original storyline. The game will have over 100 Mobile Suits, some of the confirmed ones are:

Mobile Suit Gundam - RX-78-2 Gundam, MS-065 Char’s Zak, MSN-02 Zeong
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - MSZ-006 Z Gundam, AMX-004 Qubeley
    Char's Counterattack - RX-93 v Gundam, MSN-04 Sazabi
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - GN-0000 + GNR-010 00 Raiser
    Turn A Gundam - Concept-X 6-1-2 Turn X
    Gundam Unicorn - RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, MSN-065 Sinanju, NZ-666 Kshatriya, RX-0 Banshee
    Gundam Seed - GAT-X105 Strike Gundam, GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
    Gundam Seed Destiny - ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam, ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice Gundam, ZGMF-X425 Destiny Gundam
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1003 on: September 04, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
So that is now:

September: Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate
October: Sengoku Musou 2/XL/Empires HD
November: Sangoku Musou 7 XL
December: Shin Gundam Musou

ど助平

« Reply #1004 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
Shin Gundam Musou is the only one that matters. Will preorder as soon as Ami Ami puts it up.
野球

Himu

« Reply #1005 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »
So that is now:

:snoop

And Sengoku Musou 4 next year.
IYKYK

« Reply #1006 on: September 04, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »
So that is now:

You meant Basara 4, right?

I wonder if Capcom will bother localizing it this late in the PS3's life? We never got Utage, and I'm sure 3 sold terribly over here.
野球

mjemirzian

« Reply #1007 on: September 04, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »
Maybe I'll give the series a try on PS4 when it'll prob. be 60 FPS solid.

Himu

« Reply #1008 on: September 04, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »
So that is now:

I wonder if Capcom will bother localizing it this late in the PS3's life? We never got Utage, and I'm sure 3 sold terribly over here.

Nope, they have Sengoku 4 in the works, announced it last year or earlier this year and expect a release/reveal Feb 2014.
IYKYK

« Reply #1009 on: September 04, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
Sounds like around the same timeframe as the Basara 4 release. I'm guessing March or April.

Cannot wait to buy cheap used games in Japan next April.  :hyper
野球

Trent Dole

« Reply #1010 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
So that is now:

I'm pretty sure that they've declared no more of the Basara games are going to be localized cause the one they brought over this gen didn't meet whatever lofty expectation they had for it.  :(
Hi

« Reply #1011 on: September 04, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »
Add another kickass game to my Japan shopping list.
野球

Himu

« Reply #1012 on: September 05, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »

This looks fucking awful. Why did they get rid of Gundam Musou 3's kick ass cel shading?
IYKYK

« Reply #1013 on: September 05, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
Looks good enough to me. Give me Gundams fightin' other Gundams and I'm set.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1014 on: September 05, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »
It's pretty bad when even the initial reveal doesn't have any new assets since the last game.

Gundam Musou 3 had basically every Gundam if you counted the DLC, was only missing AGE and manga and obscure ones.  Really doesn't seem like there's enough to make a #4, hence why this is "Shin".  Probably a cash grab since the franchise is basically over.  Will skip it.

Himu

« Reply #1015 on: September 05, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
Everything indicates skip but it may look good in trailer form.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1016 on: September 09, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
Koei continues the musou madness- Shin Sangoku Musou 7 XL (Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends) was announced for Playstation 4.  Looks like a minor visual upgrade; I hope it's at least a solid 60 FPS now.

ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1017 on: September 09, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
i posted some one piece musou 2 impression in the WAYP thread and since i'm an asshole who needs validation you get them in this thread too :heh

Quote from: Me
One Piece Musou 2

i don't care much for either one piece or dynasty warrior but somehow i'm having fun with this,i'd put my money on...

A) the character all feel different enough (i especialy like nami who has a gimmick where some of her attack create clouds which you can then detonate with R2 and jinbei who's really slow but has the ability to summon a wave that cover all the screen and a one-strike punch that deals a shitload of damage,blows enemies away and look super cool)
B) the animation are really well done and colorfull
C) there is really a shitload of enemies on screen,i find myself using the lock option simply to keep track of the boss

i tought the game would follow the anime plot but i guess there still isn't enough time skip plot to do it so you get a token plot where all of the straw hat become evil except luffy and nami (yes,even chopper,especialy chopper) so luffy has now to hunt them and punch them in the face until they become good again oh and you get to start with smoker too for some reason (i guess because he's popular?)

there is no weapon system and instead you get coins,you equip coins to your stat and if you put 2 coins related to each other together they boost each other (so say... put straw hat pirates coins together,put nami coin with nami weapon coin) missions have objective where you can unlock more powerfull coins but it's usualy just to get 1000 kill,get the S rank,and finish the stage with no NPC dying

mmm... so what's bad about it? well the character all sort of feels underpowered,i mean they make a lot of explosions and have attack that makes enemy fly everywhere and blow them away which also have huge range but the damage you do to small grunt is pitifull and they usualy need more than 1 combo to end up dead,this is particulary annoying because you get ranked on your kill count and i've lost count how many times the game told me "oh yeah,you finished the stage quickly,you didn't take a lot of damage but whooooops! you didn't kill enough people! no full remark for you!" the stage are also sooooooooooooo long,i had a stage that took like 24 minutes
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:58:25 PM by magus »
<----

Himu

« Reply #1018 on: September 09, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »
"the stage are also sooooooooooooo long,i had a stage that took like 24 minutes"

fuck yes

"so what's bad about it? well the character all sort of feels underpowered,i mean they make a lot of explosions and have attack that makes enemy fly everywhere blow away which also have huge range but the damage you do to small grunt is pitifull and they usualy need more than 1 combo to end up dead"

fuck yes
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1019 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
So Koei has announced Sengoku Musou 4 officially for ps3 and vita.

Good news. Hopefully we'll see it at TGS and hopefully it'll be cel shaded and look like the SW3XL intro:

Magus, I think you'd like Samurai Warriors. It's the superior series.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:45:34 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK