Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 371812 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #1320 on: March 13, 2014, 12:19:53 PM »
More Sengoku Musou 4 character footage.

NEXT WEEK!!  :hyper

#CULT OF MUSOU

:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1321 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Dynasty Warriors 8 included) is coming to PC in Japan on May 23 for 7,800 yen, Tecmo Koei announced.

The PC version will feature the same basic content as the console version, but with the ability to freely adjust the graphics quality (including super low). Additionally, Dynasty Warriors 8 and Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends‘ free downloadable content, such as additional scenarios and background music, will be included on-disc.

Here are some specs:

CPU: at least Core2Duo 2.4GHz (Core i7 860 recommended)
    Memory: at least 512MB (1GB recommended)
    Hard-Drive: at least 18GB of free space
    Video Card: at least VRAM256MB (512MB recommended), at least DirectX 9.0c, as well as Pixel Shader 3.0 support and a 3D Accelerator Chip
    Soundboard: One that supports at least DirectX 9.0c
    Gamepad: Supported

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/03/dynasty-warriors-8-xtreme-legends-coming-pc#g1OX8dO1Vp6XcXBs.99

Put this on Steam, Koei! :punch
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1322 on: March 17, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »
:o :o :o :hyper :hyper :hyper
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1323 on: March 17, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
Don't get excited. They did the same shit for DW7 and WO3 iirc. Still no steam port because KT are distinguished mentally-challenged
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1324 on: March 17, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
Yeah I saw in the comments that they never bothered bringing over 6 and 7's PC ports. :maf
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1325 on: March 20, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »
Finally found some footage of Samurai Warriors 4 for Vita.

Looks good!  Looks like DW8XL was a fluke.

Play-Asia shipped my order...hopefully it arrives tomorrow!  :hyper

Playing video games instead of packing for the move on Saturday :rock
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1326 on: March 20, 2014, 10:10:05 AM »
Vita :zzz Finding ps3 footage.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1327 on: March 21, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
:hyper

Vita :zzz Finding ps3 footage.

NO HIMU U  :punch :punch :punch

PS3 footage is what's been shown for months.  They didn't show anything for Vita, so I was concerned that it was gonna have problems like DW8XL did.

Now I'll be engrossed in Sengoku Musou 4 all over the place.  Cross-save :rock
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1328 on: March 21, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
Just tried it briefly on Vita (since I'm in the middle of packing to move tomorrow).  It's an excellent port, to the point that if I knew this for sure I probably would have only have purchased the portable version, but hey, PS3 means it's easy to access DLC and will obviously look better.

Most of the characters are locked out and the game is set up with scenarios similar to Dynasty Warriors 8 now.  Looks and runs awesome.  Was surprised to see that jump is still mapped to X- all those dash moves shown in preview videos are mapped to triangle.

Can't wait to start playing this!
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1329 on: March 21, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
SENGOKU MUSOU FOUR

SHIN SANGOKU MUSOU 8 XL COMPLETE

Why isn't complete edition also on ps3
IYKYK

« Reply #1330 on: March 21, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »
How's J-Stars? Thinking about picking it up in a couple weeks along with Basara 4 and a bunch of other janky PS3 games.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1331 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »

I think Japan got it...they just didn't want to bundle DW8+XL together in the U.S. for whatever reason.

How's J-Stars? Thinking about picking it up in a couple weeks along with Basara 4 and a bunch of other janky PS3 games.

It's very similar to Gundam Vs. Gundam.  I haven't had time to play these games yet to really offer any impressions.  Need to kick my own ass and get this packing done and finished already.   :punch :punch
ど助平

« Reply #1332 on: March 21, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »

I think Japan got it...they just didn't want to bundle DW8+XL together in the U.S. for whatever reason.

It's very similar to Gundam Vs. Gundam.  I haven't had time to play these games yet to really offer any impressions.  Need to kick my own ass and get this packing done and finished already.   :punch :punch

Also, does it come with an online pass like Full Boost? Helps when deciding whether to buy new or used over there.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1333 on: March 21, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
No online pass needed.  Also note that like the latest GvG, there's a more expensive version...that has extra BGM tracks from the shows.  It's like 3000-4000 yen more, but here's the best part: the game suports custom soundtracks.  :lol

Importers are furious over it. :rofl Suckers.
ど助平

« Reply #1334 on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »
Full Boost also supports custom soundtracks. The annoying part is you're limited to only so many songs.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1335 on: March 23, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »
FINALLY got to spend a little time with Sengoku Musou 4 after several days of packing/moving/unpacking.  I was wrong about triangle attacks being completely replaced by the dash attacks-- what they've done is make it so that you get two different attack points to start from, each with its own branching chain attack paths (so regular attacks/combos starting with square, then dashing attacks starting with triangle).

The game allows you two pick characters and swap between them at any time.  The difference between this and Musou Orochi is that your partner is on the battlefield with you and will be off doing his/her own thing, similar to the Chronicles games on the 3DS.  You can stop the game play at any time and pull up a mini map that allows you to command your partner to target a specific point/general on the map.

Sengoku Musou 4 is hands-down the best-looking PS3 musou game yet.  It's bright, colorful, and has the most detailed character models and stages yet.  The framerate stutters here and there, but is otherwise pretty stable on both the PS3 and Vita.  Both games offer the now-stand cross-save option, and now include an option to auto-upload saves to the cloud.

I've only tried the main story mode so far and picked Takeda Shingen's path.  You get six characters to select from the start (went with Sanada Yukimura's big brother, Noboyuki, with Kunoichi as back up) and four stages for this scenario were shown.  Can't wait to play more!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1336 on: March 23, 2014, 09:28:47 PM »

:o :o :o
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1337 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
Sengoku musou.

The superior musou.

8)

can't wait.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1338 on: March 24, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
It's beautiful Himu.  It's so beautiful.   
:uguu
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1339 on: March 24, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
Holy shit. Western release when? :hyper
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1340 on: March 24, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
Summer.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1341 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:09 AM »
Musou MADNESS continues: Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate (Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate) is coming out for the PS4 this summer!  No new content, but like DW8XL it should look a lot better.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is coming to PlayStation 4, Tecmo Koei reveals in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine.

Due out in Japan on June 26 for 6,800 yen at retail and 6,000 yen via download, the PlayStation 4 version can display over 150 soldiers on screen, has improved graphics, lighting, and backgrounds, rebuilt effects, and is cross-save and cross-play compatible with the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions.

The game is currently 55 percent complete.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/03/warriors-orochi-3-ultimate-coming-playstation-4#hqrxaxtZWRf0arsw.99

Holy shit. Western release when? :hyper
Summer.

I don't think that's official.  They are beyond slow with these releases in English.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:07:30 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1342 on: March 25, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
if i havent played dynasty warriors in forever is the one that came out today good
USA

MoxManiac

« Reply #1343 on: March 25, 2014, 04:33:33 PM »
if i havent played dynasty warriors in forever is the one that came out today good

The PS4 version, yes. The PS3 is an expansion pack, so you'd want to get DW8 regular with it if you can't go PS4.

no

Bebpo

« Reply #1344 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »
Why don't they stop releasing ports and release a new musou concurrently with PS4 version  :maf

Trent Dole

« Reply #1345 on: March 25, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
Expecting effort with Musou games? New to this :poop ain't ya.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1346 on: March 26, 2014, 07:58:02 AM »
Why don't they stop releasing ports and release a new musou concurrently with PS4 version  :maf

For the same reason that all the other companies released ports to PS4/Xbone.  Not enough users yet.  Might as well go cross-platform/console generation until then.

Come on, this isn't your first rodeo, Bebpo.  Koei did the same thing last gen and started out porting PS2 games to 360.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1347 on: March 28, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
WO3 Ultimate PS3 shots. 

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1348 on: March 28, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Sengoku Musou 4 Vita screenshots:

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Koshoushou is just so totally FABULOUS and ridiculously out of place.   :lol
ど助平

« Reply #1349 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »
Hey Bork,

How was Basara 4? Worth picking up a used copy?
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1350 on: March 28, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Hey Bork,

How was Basara 4? Worth picking up a used copy?

It's a great game and is right up there with Sengoku Musou 4.  I think I have a preference for Musou's character designs this time around, but Basara's game play still rocks.  Definitely a good pick-up since it has an incredibly low chance of coming out here.  You can probably get the whole series on the cheap at this point (The HD Collection with 1, 2, and Heroes, SB3, and SB3 Utage too!).

Would also recommend adding J-Stars to your shopping list.  Totally going off-topic, but the only one you may want to hold off on is Oneechanbara Kagura Z.  It's supposedly lacking in content since they decided to make a ton of stuff (paid) DLC instead.  I still kind of want it but not for a high price. (EDIT- I see that there is a cheaper re-release coming in April.  Hmm...)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:22:22 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #1352 on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »

Would also recommend adding J-Stars to your shopping list.  Totally going off-topic, but the only one you may want to hold off on is Oneechanbara Kagura Z.  It's supposedly lacking in content since they decided to make a ton of stuff (paid) DLC instead.  I still kind of want it but not for a high price. (EDIT- I see that there is a cheaper re-release coming in April.  Hmm...)

When's the re-release? Didn't see anything for it on Amazon JP. I'll be over there until the 13th.

I'll probably pick it up if I can find it cheap. I mean, instant gratification as opposed to ordering online and waiting.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1353 on: March 28, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
I saw it on P-A.  Didn't have a date listed...just "April."
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1354 on: March 28, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
Those are shots of the PS4 version.

Himu

« Reply #1355 on: March 28, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »
i may have to get a ps4 for musou ports

join us Rah.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1356 on: March 28, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
i may have to get a ps4 for musou ports

join us Rah.

You'll need it for MGS anyhow, come join the family :)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1357 on: March 28, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
I thought about getting DW8 on PS4. It looks good and there's not much else on the system right now. I'm not against this genre. I have and liked Sengoku Basra 3, 999 Nights 1/2, and Onichanbara. So I guess there's no reason play the originator of this type of game.

I'll wait till it's under $40.

Bebpo

« Reply #1358 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
They're fun but they get boring pretty fast and it's not like the graphics push anything on PS4.

Then again I'm not ashamed to admit that if they ported Shin Gundam Musou to PS4 I'd probably grab it.

Himu

« Reply #1359 on: March 28, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
I thought about getting DW8 on PS4. It looks good and there's not much else on the system right now. I'm not against this genre. I have and liked Sengoku Basra 3, 999 Nights 1/2, and Onichanbara. So I guess there's no reason play the originator of this type of game.

fuck dw8, wait till warriors orochi 3 ultimate ps4.

and bebpo i am not buying mgs5.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1360 on: March 28, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »

fuck dw8, wait till warriors orochi 3 ultimate ps4.

and bebpo i am not buying mgs5.

Why?  It's the best MGS game, best stealth game and best sandbox game in 10+ years.

Himu

« Reply #1361 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:55 PM »
You got all that from a 30 dollar demo?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
From 12 hours+ of playing to clear all the objectives on normal mode, aka longer than my first run through MGS1, yeah.  I'm not even talking about PP either, GZ standing on its own is the best MGS in a decade.

GZs has better MGS gameplay than the entirety of MGS4 and better stealth gameplay than anything in the genre in forever.  Also the area in GZ is the best sandbox area I've played in any sandbox game.  There's just so much to do in it and I'm still discovering new things.   It's basically flashbacks to the first time you discovered all of the underlying mechanics, abilities, toys and easter eggs in MGS3.  GZ is MGS3 for this decade and that means PP is likely to be the best MGS*

*not counting story because the story might suck and MGS3's story is pretty hard to beat.  Plus MGS1's story is good too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:11:21 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1363 on: March 29, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »
They're fun but they get boring pretty fast

GTFO :punch :P

The great thing about these games is that you can get as much time out of them as you want.  Play through with one or a few characters?  Totally works.  Level like crazy and grind for everything?  You can do that too.  That's why I always enjoy these games.  They're accessible on all levels.

And these games are a way better value than a $30 demo.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1364 on: March 29, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »

DW8XL is a good game to start with and is absolutely overflowing with content.  Bestsku.com is selling the PS4 version for $45 btw.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1365 on: March 29, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
Musou games do not get boring what is this blasphemy talk
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1366 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
Musou games do not get boring what is this blasphemy talk

Yes, musou gets boring, but not replaying a demo over and over again for 12 hours.   :dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1367 on: March 31, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol
:bow :bow2
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1368 on: March 31, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »
:rofl
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1369 on: March 31, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
btw every vid I'm seeing of SW4 builds my hype. Lower enemy numbers, large stages, missions and sidequests, it's all here! :rejoice
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1370 on: April 01, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »
Pretty much, although there's still a lot of enemies.  It's fun though, since you can use Shinsoku to clear 'em all out and build up meter super-quick.   8)

I'm still working my way through the story mode.  Cleared the Nobunaga route (eight stages) last night- was surprised that
spoiler (click to show/hide)
you play as his enemies on the last stage.
[close]

Tried the mercenary mode briefly- it has original stages!  :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1371 on: April 02, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Keep getting my ass kicked on the second stage of the Kinki (Nagamasa) story route.  The star rating isn't even that high, but it's populated by too many damn powerful officers.  Almost beat it last night on the third attempt, then the CPU-controlled Nagamasa got himself killed before I could switch to him and heal.   :'(
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1372 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »
Sounds amazing.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1373 on: April 04, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »
I spent some time with DW8XL Complete for PS4.  I never got around to getting DW8 when it originally came out so I don't have much basis to compare.

My verdict: it's ok

+ The best looking Musou game, obviously
+ No slowdown as far as I know of but who knows as I get further into the game
+ Some pretty combos to use that are flashy to mix things up
+ Some pretty good music so far

- No Japanese voices.  I don't care how shitty they were, I hate the English voices for this game.  I kept them to the lowest settings because I found no voices to be weird as well
- For some reason, they stripped a good deal of functionality out of the menus.  I can't exit and go back to the menu whenever I feel like it.  Using the touch pad like a button is a strange decision as well.
- Powerful characters are a bit too powerful.  Having Lu Bu on his horse is extremely difficult to control.  Having been a Musoufag since Dynasty Warriors 3, this is the worst horse controls I've seen in a Musou title.

I'll still play this game to completion of course so I'll update if my impressions of the game change.  If you're not a huge Musoufag and need a Dynasty Warriors fix, it's probably best to skip this one and wait for Samurai Warriors 4.
🍆🍆

archie4208

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1375 on: April 17, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
:pimp
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1376 on: April 17, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »
Toaster probly won't be able to run  it tho.  :-[
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1377 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »
YES. FINALLY
IYKYK

« Reply #1378 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Started Basara 4 last night. The mine cart rail shooter component was unexpected.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1379 on: April 17, 2014, 03:16:07 PM »
You know, even after all the time I've spent on Basara 4...I never played that minecart level.   :lol  Always picked other stages.   :-[

Toaster probly won't be able to run  it tho.  :-[

Looks like you can scale it pretty low.  They even have options to change the amount of enemies that appear on the screen.
ど助平