Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 368425 times)

MoxManiac

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #1500 on: June 13, 2014, 12:01:01 PM »
SW4 PS4 E3 gameplay by gamespot:

EDIT: It's interesting that the TK guy said that PS4 version is targeting the west.
no

Himu

« Reply #1501 on: June 13, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
Tell them to release on PC to target the west too.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1502 on: June 13, 2014, 12:14:50 PM »
That in-game video quality is ass, but it looks like they're using the same FOV blur filter than DW8XL has.  Didn't really look like there were more enemies on-screen compared to PS3, either. 

Obviously it's going to be the version to get for you guys, but I dunno if I'm gonna bother with it.  I shouldn't, having finished the game and all...

..but knowing me I will end up with it anyway.   :'( :-[
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1503 on: June 14, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
Possible clue to Orochi 3 Ultimate release date?

http://www.amazon.de/Warriors-Orochi-3-Ultimate-PS4/dp/B00KIKK40S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1401907716&sr=8-5&keywords=warriors+orochi+3+ultimate

I find it odd that WO3U was MIA at E3, with SW4 being shown and dated. Kind of annoying.
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1504 on: June 14, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »
SW4 shown in ENGLISH, at that.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1505 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »
DW8XL for Vita just got a free upgraded audio DLC pack.  Weighs in at around 400 MB and really helps the game to not sound as shitty as before.  Voices are much, much better in quality, but sound effects still suck.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1506 on: June 25, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate PS4 shipped!   :o :hyper

Finally something to play on PS4!
:rejoice
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1507 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate PS4 shipped!   :o :hyper

Finally something to play on PS4!
:rejoice

Please post impressions on frame rate asap. I really, really want this to be 60fps locked. No reason it shouldn't be since WO3 is less advanced graphically than DW8.
no

Takuan

« Reply #1508 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
Have any of you played Basara 4? Thoughts/opinions? I enjoyed the shit out of 3. I had a good time with the first PS3 Orochi game, but Basara combat felt superior.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1509 on: June 25, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
Please post impressions on frame rate asap. I really, really want this to be 60fps locked. No reason it shouldn't be since WO3 is less advanced graphically than DW8.

I wouldn't bank on it.   :P  But I would expect it to be much better than DW8/XL, since WO3 Ultimate on Vita/PS3 performs better than DW8XL Vita/PS3/PS4.

Have any of you played Basara 4? Thoughts/opinions? I enjoyed the shit out of 3. I had a good time with the first PS3 Orochi game, but Basara combat felt superior.

Oh yeah!  It's great and I still need to go back to it and sink a lot of time into it.  The game got kind of pushed aside for me due to other stuff.  Would also recommend Sengoku Basara 3 Utage, which is a Japanese-only stand-alone expansion to SB3 with more playable characters added.  You can import data from SB3 but it's not required.

I didn't post that much on SB4 in this thread.  Thought I posted more.  The amount of variety in character movesets and stage designs is still much more varied compared to the Koei games, too.

The best Basara is the just-released Sengoku Basara 4, easily.  They have definitely improved it over SB3.  It isn't a huge leap visually, but there's more enemy variety, crazier stages, and more moves/customization added.  This is a weird thing to praise, but I LOVE the way you go from stage to stage in this game now- I'm playing as Date Masamune, and between stages, it's presented as a real-time third-person view on him riding his horse, while he gets reports of other battles/alliances that are going on in Japan- complete with mini real time cut scenes to show this!  It's so much nicer than just a typical map.
SB4.  Man.

Capcom, why did I doubt you?  This game is too fucking good.  They just built on SB3 and added more moves, weapon customization/leveling/fusion, and continued to to give us crazy stages and enemies to fight.  Enemies can now group and attack you in various formations too, like building a human pyramid or turning themselves into giant spinning wheels.   :lol  There's also more enemy variety per stage.

Played one of Ii Naotora's routes, going the "drama" path, once.  She has a large sword and plays slower than most other characters.  At first she seemed pretty limited, but then you quickly earn her unique ability, which lets you use R1 as an attack modifier, effectively doubling her moveset.  I was doing crazy custom combos all over the place! 

Next up was Shima Saikon.  I'm not the biggest fan of his design -his outfit is a bit too revealing for my tastes and would look better on a female, but hey, this is BASARA- This dude is INSANE.  He also has what amounts to two movesets, which you can access by pressing R1 to switch stances (blades and a more kick-oriented style), and the kick style reminds me very much of a Kenshiro/Rei Fist Of The North Star fusion.  You can do a lot of his stuff in the air too, so there's a lot of juggling and air combos going on.

The only mistake I've made so far was trying out one of the game modifiers-- I equipped an item that makes all the enemies' health bars regenerate.  If you beat them, you get more money than usual, but it made one of the stages I played completely impossible...my level was too low to beat one of the sub-generals and advance to the next area of the stage.  I forgot that I had equipped this item and was going crazy wondering why I couldn't make a dent in this enemy's armor.    :lol

This is also the first SB game with DLC.  Currently there's two Date Masamune outfits (one came with the game) up; one of them is a DMC1 Dante outfit.  Had to buy it!

Absolutely having a blast playing this.  I like it so much more than SB3.
SB4 features at least five special moves per character, three super moves, and a bodyguard who you can command to attack or team up with to unleash an incredibly powerful dual super move with.  To do this, all your meters must be full, and the game then goes into this black and white beyond-SF4 style ink and paint sequence with shit just going nuts.  I one hit killed a stage boss using this attack.
SB4 is also improved, graphically, over SB3 (I usually game on a 23" monitor- hooked the PS3 up to my 42" HDTV and was surprised at how clean the picture looked), although it does still the problem where regular enemy NPCs have noticeably less-detailed faces and no mouth movement when speaking.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1510 on: June 26, 2014, 11:07:26 AM »
:rock :hyper :hyper :drool :drool

Can't play it for another 6-7 hours.   :'(
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1511 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
 :omg :hyper :drool

Hurry!
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1512 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:58 AM »
Uh...um...I'm...feeling...sick.  YEAH!  SICK!  Major fever and chills need to go home ASAP!   :P

Naw, I'm not that crazy.  But it's gonna suck during lunch, lol.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:39:50 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1513 on: June 26, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »
Initial impressions are that this is a straight port-up.  Doesn't really look like anything was enhanced along the same lines as DW8XL (and the upcoming SW4 port).  There's still the same enemy pop-in as on PS3 and detail levels don't look like anything was vastly improved, if at all.  None of the field of view "enhancements" like DW8 has are in the game, either, although most people will probably find that welcome. 

At first glance it doesn't seem like they did anything more than make the resolution 1080P...and that's it.  Framerate seems to be same, too.  I did notice it hitting 60 FPS on occasion, but for the most part it still fluctuates like on PS3/Vita.

Does this mean that you shouldn't get this on PS4?  Absolutely not-- even if the only big difference is the resolution, this is still the best version of the game available.  But if you're like me and already own Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate on PS3, I wouldn't recommend upgrading.  The difference just isn't as big as the other musou PS4 ports.

Going to keep playing and see if anything else sticks out.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1514 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »
Is the frame rate at least better, even if it does fluctuate?

Koei  :-\
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1515 on: June 26, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »
Is the frame rate at least better, even if it does fluctuate?

Koei  :-\

Seems pretty much the same to me.  There's no real problems like DW8 has in that regard anyway.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1516 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »
I'm getting a PS4 in september anyways, so there's no reason for me not to get the PS4 version, but what is Koei's problem. WO3 already looks underwhelming on PS3, it couldn't take that much effort to at least have it up to 60fps if they aren't going to do anything to the game. Is the peon count increased at least? You said there is still pop in.

I hope the PS4 version of SW4 fares better.

Koei sucks.
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1517 on: June 26, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
I'm getting a PS4 in september anyways, so there's no reason for me not to get the PS4 version, but what is Koei's problem. WO3 already looks underwhelming on PS3, it couldn't take that much effort to at least have it up to 60fps if they aren't going to do anything to the game. Is the peon count increased at least? You said there is still pop in.

It's hard to tell if it has been increased or not.  I thought it wasn't, but it could just be the pop-in.  It's definitely less than DW8XL PS4, though.  That is for certain.

Gonna put up some screenshots in a minute.

I hope the PS4 version of SW4 fares better.

Koei sucks.

Well, one thing about this game is that it's three and a half years old already.  Koei's games from 2013/2014 look noticeably better than their previous titles.  Samurai Warriors 4 on PS3 is, IMO, the best-looking Musou game, period, and there's footage of the PS4 version that shows it got the DW8 PS4 treatment.  SW4 also already has a great framerate-- but I still wouldn't expect 60 out of it on PS4.  :P :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1518 on: June 26, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate PS4 screenshots.  The funny thing is that some of these actually look pretty good.  Some of the fire effects look noticeably better in this game.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

For comparison, here's a few screenshots of Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete.  You can see farther into the distance, there's more character detail, and the picture/textures are much cleaner/detailed as well.

[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1519 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »
I just booted up the PS3 and Vita versions of Ultimate for comparison and am happy to report that the PS4 version definitely has more characters on-screen than those versions, but it still feels like less than what DW8XL can display.  They also did add some small details here and there to the stages.  It just overall doesn't feel like as big a leap as DW8 was going from PS3 to PS4.  Which makes sense, I suppose.
ど助平

« Reply #1520 on: June 27, 2014, 12:16:19 AM »
PS4 Orochi 3 still looks slightly better than I remember it looking on PS3, so that's a good enough reason to pick it up. Dunno if I have the patience to get the Platinum for it again if it involves grinding out every single character to S proficiency again.  :stahp

MoxManiac

« Reply #1521 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »
PS4 Orochi 3 still looks slightly better than I remember it looking on PS3, so that's a good enough reason to pick it up. Dunno if I have the patience to get the Platinum for it again if it involves grinding out every single character to S proficiency again.  :stahp

The trophies for ultimate are different. I did look at them, didn't see any proficiency/wallpaper related ones.
no

MoxManiac

« Reply #1522 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »
North American release date confirmed: September 2nd.

Source: front page of http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/

Only a week before I get my PS4  :hyper
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1523 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
Post-vanilla WO3 stage impressions so far feel kind of mixed.  I liked all the new stages that were added to the vanilla campaign, but chapter 5 was three stages long (WTF LOL, hope something more pops up there later) and chapter six was like seven stages long, gave me an ending, then allowed to do an alternate stage route which appears to be another six stages.  The problem here, however, is that they're now just recycling levels and it feels a bit stale.  The difficulty is challenging for lower-level characters, at least.  I usually keep a level 100 character on a team just in case.

EDIT:

Wow, so chapters 5 and 8 are pretty light on stages.  Still is at least another 10+ hours of game play total and there's that other mode to tackle. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:21:45 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1524 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »
It looks like there is more stages in chapters 1-4 then in vanilla WO3. Is that content that was added in special/hyper or did ultimate add it?
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1525 on: July 01, 2014, 12:11:11 AM »
It's content from Special, Hyper, and new levels for Ultimate as well. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1526 on: July 10, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »

8)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1527 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
Samurai Warriors 4 Gets A Collector’s Edition On PS4 In The West

By Ishaan . July 23, 2014 . 6:43am
(Image removed from quote.)

Samurai Warriors 4 is getting a 10th anniversary collector’s edition exclusively on PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe. The collector’s edition will include the following items:

“Special Anime Pack” 10th anniversary Collector’s Edition packaging

Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada anime (Blu-ray Disc)

Samurai Warriors 4 game (PlayStation 4)

Samurai Warriors 4 Official Soundtrack (CD)

Special Costume Pack 4: Garcia, Ina, Nene and Oichi (DLC)

Old Costume Pack 1: Yukimura, Mitsuhide, Nobunaga, Noh, Oichi, and Ranmaru (DLC)

Edit Parts Pack 1 which allows facial and Western themed armor customization (DLC)

In addition, Koei Tecmo have also announced two collections of pre-order DLC incentives in North America. The first is exclusive to GameStop and will include:

Scenario Pack 1: New stages “Sinister Beauties” and “Men of Charm and Courage”, new items “Gold Lacquered Box” and “Lion Censer”
 Special Costumes for: Mitsunari Ishida and Toyohisa Shimazu

Meanwhile, the other pre-order incentives can be gained through Amazon and Best Buy:

Weapon Pack 1: New weapons for over 25 characters
    Old Costume Pack 2: Costumes inspired by the original Samurai Warriors for Keiji Maeda, Kenshin Uesugi, Kunoichi and Shingen Takeda

Samurai Warriors 4 will be available on October 21st in North America and October 24th in Europe for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/23/samurai-warriors-4-gets-collectors-edition-ps4-west/#0Du2K0V6liCtB0SK.99
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1528 on: July 23, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
I will buy it   :bow2
no

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1529 on: July 25, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

How the fuck do I want a Wii U? GODDAMNIT NINTENDO!
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1530 on: July 25, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »
That's because Wii U is the system to get this and next year.

Also, game looks game. Koei shitting on haters with their :bow ness
IYKYK

« Reply #1531 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
So Ken's Rage 2 is pretty bad.

The same friend that asked me to pick it up during the Anime sale had warned me that the game was pretty poop (but wants to round up peeps for the online trophies), but man hearing it is different from playing it. Probably the most egregious aspect so far is all these god damn enemy arenas where the game wants me to clear out 70+ thugs before I can move on. It'd be fine if I only have to do it once, but they want me to do it like 6 times per "stage". Despite increasing the movement speed from the first game, those arenas make the game feel like I'm barely making progress.

Story mode is annoying. Being interrupted every couple of seconds with unskippable "cutscenes" is awful, and using static 3D models as manga panels comes across as super lazy.

I went into Dream mode and this is the only character I can use. His attacks are kind of amusing but none of them stagger officers so he's effectively 100% useless.

The fuk where the priorities for the people who made this? This was supposed to celebrate the series' 30th anniversary.  :what
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:31:07 PM by The Legend of Sunblade »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1532 on: August 14, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »
Why does Dream Mode force you to play as "Outlaw"? Who's dream was that? If I'm playing a Hokuto no Ken game, I just want to play as Ken and make guys' heads explode, this game sounds like bullshit.
©@©™

« Reply #1533 on: August 14, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
Exactly. I only just now unlocked Shin after trudging through Legend mode long enough, but I still can't play as Kenshiro in Dream mode. I don't get what they were thinking.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1534 on: August 14, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
You probably have to clear more of the story.

The real question is why the hell are you still playing it?  Get the original and delete that other shit off your HDD.   :yuck
ど助平

« Reply #1535 on: August 14, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »
Been there already.  :jawalrus

I mean it's playable and not the worst game I've ever gone through. I figure I'll at least suffer through Legend mode before getting rid of it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1536 on: August 15, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
Then why are you continuing to torture yourself?   :lol

Did you play One Piece 2?  That's way better than this shitpile.
ど助平

« Reply #1537 on: August 15, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »
One Piece.  :-\

I'll  suffer through mediocrity for the HNK license, but it'd take a herculean effort to get me to play a One Piece game.

Himu

« Reply #1538 on: August 15, 2014, 12:23:37 PM »
*grabs knife*
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1539 on: August 15, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »
One Piece.  :-\

I'll  suffer through mediocrity for the HNK license, but it'd take a herculean effort to get me to play a One Piece game.

:goty2

I'm not exactly a big One Piece fan, but that doesn't matter.  The second game is straight-up musou awesomeness.
ど助平

« Reply #1540 on: August 15, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
 :beli

I don't mean that as "One Piece is bad", I mean that as "I don't care much for One Piece". Told you already that the main reason I bought Ken's Rage 2 anyway was because a friend wanted my help in getting the online stuff.

If OP2 is that good, I'll consider it once I'm done with 8XL and SW4.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1541 on: August 15, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
I forgot Pirate Warriors 2 was on sale, I should get that.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1542 on: August 15, 2014, 04:25:14 PM »
I forgot Pirate Warriors 2 was on sale, I should get that.

Yes, please buy and enjoy the fine wine of musou instead of throwing money away for the rancid fecal water of musou.   :tophat

#musousnobbery
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1543 on: August 15, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
Crazy that it's $5 cheaper than Ken's Rage 2, even though it's newer, better, and has the hotter license.
©@©™

« Reply #1544 on: August 15, 2014, 07:52:32 PM »

Only because I know I'm gonna get pestered about it until I fix my mistake.  :shh

That and it was cheaper than I thought it would be.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1545 on: August 16, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
Haha, sucker.  One Piece is garbage. 

:P
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1546 on: August 16, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
Crazy that it's $5 cheaper than Ken's Rage 2, even though it's newer, better, and has the hotter license.

Makes no sense.   :dizzy
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1547 on: August 16, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
WAN PISUUUUUU
IYKYK

MoxManiac

« Reply #1548 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »
Lyte, you didnt import hyrule warriors? I am dissapointed.  :stahp
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1549 on: August 16, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »
Lyte, you didnt import hyrule warriors? I am dissapointed.  :stahp

I was crazy enough to buy a Japanese 3DS, but I'm not about to import a Wii U.   :P
ど助平

« Reply #1550 on: August 17, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
Got to try out DW Gundam Reborn at a friend's place. Although I'm in no position to afford it (not that I should get it, since I still need to finish 8XL, Ken's Rage 2 and now PW2), I was glad to see that they improved the awful mission variety from 3, as well as expanded the actual locations where missions could take place (space, air, ground, etc as opposed to only ground missions). Hell, it even had a proper Official mode instead of the weird stuff 3 had. I was right on the verge of putting the game back on my "to buy" list in the future...

...But then I noticed that not only did they remove the ZZ story from Official mode, they added campaigns for BOTH SEED series. So now the Cosmis Era entries are the big shit and can have 26 NEW SUITS to play as from them but they can't even be bothered to add even one new suit from other non-UC eras like G/Wing/TurnA/etc. Unforgivable.  :maf

:gun SEED  :trash

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1551 on: August 19, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
Don't know or care about the story stuff, was just glad to see how well Shin Gundam Musou ran on Vita and beat up waves of Optimus Primes and Shockwaves:rock
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1552 on: August 28, 2014, 08:39:11 AM »
One Piece Kaizoku Musou/Pirate Warriors 3 has been announced for PS3/PS4/Vita!  Will be at TGS. 

And holy shit, Sengoku Musou 4 comes out for PS4 next week.  :dizzy  I want to get it even though I really don't need it. 
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1553 on: August 28, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »
You have a contractual obligation to get the PS4 and report on the quality of the port.  :-*
no

Himu

« Reply #1554 on: August 28, 2014, 10:27:35 AM »
Fuck SamWar 4 coming out in October. Been waiting forever. FUck ps4 version for delaying.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1555 on: August 28, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
You have a contractual obligation to get the PS4 and report on the quality of the port.  :-*

I dunno...if I wait, I could get the U.S. PS4 and Vita versions for the same price as it would cost to import the PS4 version.   :dizzy
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1556 on: September 01, 2014, 08:58:25 AM »
Dragon Quest Musou!!!!  :o :o :o :omg

no

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1557 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:09 AM »
YES!!!!

This is a LE PS4 they're releasing with the game:

MoxManiac

« Reply #1558 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
Apparently they are saying its not a musou game, but it sure looks like one to me.
no

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1559 on: September 02, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »
99 Dragon Quest Nights
©@©™