Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1247336 times)

hampster

Don't Star Wars nerds get sick of Star Wars jokes ??? You think by some point they've heard them all and/or they get sick of people assuming because they like star wars that they live and breath the shit. Thats always the vibe I got from Anthony at 1up / The Comedy Button anyway

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know this great restaurant. Of course some of the workers are a little stiff, like the Darth Waiter 8)
[close]

Because of my name, I can't go a single day without hearing some wiseass make a Star Wars joke. Yeah like I haven't heard it 15 billion times before. Needless to say, I fucking hate Star Wars.

Waaaaah, my name is the same as a Star Wars character

Try being named ARIAN and having a thing for Jewish girls.

Trying being named James. Everyone over 50 wants to call you Jim :'(

Who would pick Jim over James :yuck :yuck :yuck
Zzz

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
My elementary school friend who was Iranian Jewish was named Arian.

???

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
My elementary school friend who was Iranian Jewish was named Arian.

???

It's actually a not too uncommon Iranian/Persian from what I've heard.  I'm straight up honkey though, Irish on mom's side and Dutch-German on dad's.  My name was an accident of mom slurring together "Aaron" and "Ariana" after she found out I was a boy. :(
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
"a given name in different cultures: Aria, Aryan (both Persian or Indian names) or Arian (Albanian name)"

themoreyouknow.jpg

I knew a polish kid named Arian.

"Polish Brethren, also known as Arians" ha.

themoreyouknow.jpg 2
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:52:17 PM by Rufus »

Speaking of terrible first names, you know what name sucks? Randy. You know what makes it even worse? Knowing that you were named that because your parents loved the country group Alabama (Randy Owen).

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
You could always explain the connection to Arius/Arianism, which makes more sense than Aryan/Aryanism.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Fuck all y'all. I have gender neutral name with several different spellings.  :maf

Mandark

• Icon

Plus you're a misanthrope who keeps trying to date humans.  The irony of it!

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I have a friend named Alaakkilli. Everyone calls her AK. Even her father, who I assume came up with this shit, hardly ever uses her proper name. It's hilarious.

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Plus you're a misanthrope who keeps trying to date humans.  The irony of it!

Human women should quit being so hot and I'd leave them alone!

(actually more interested in sappy companionship crap as I get older oh god what have i become)
yar

Robo

Don't Star Wars nerds get sick of Star Wars jokes ??? You think by some point they've heard them all and/or they get sick of people assuming because they like star wars that they live and breath the shit. Thats always the vibe I got from Anthony at 1up / The Comedy Button anyway

I know this great restaurant. Of course some of the workers are a little stiff, like the Darth Waiter 8)
[close]

Because of my name, I can't go a single day without hearing some wiseass make a Star Wars joke. Yeah like I haven't heard it 15 billion times before. Needless to say, I fucking hate Star Wars.

Trying being named James. Everyone over 50 wants to call you Jim :'(

Who would pick Jim over James :yuck :yuck :yuck

I prefer "Jim", actually.  "James" is very formal.  But I just let folks call me whatever they like; it doesn't particularly matter to me.  I tend to confuse the issue by switching back and forth on a whim, myself, so there's no sense in demanding consistency from others.
obo

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
My first name is basically Islamic Hitler, quit your bitching.

Best character from The Wire though.

Phoenix Dark

There's an Islamic person named Stringer Bell?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Yeah, natural wouldn't always work for me.

"So what made you go into policy?"
"Well honestly, I just think I'm probably the best person out there to rule the planet, you know? Forget probably, I'd be by far the best dictator. And I frequently think about sterilizing the entire Tea Party and putting them into forced labor camps."
"OMG, do me right here on this table!"

Ah, the Dr. Horrible Dilemma.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Maybe you could just express your political opinions in a nicer way, which I assume is not a big problem unless some of your close friends or family are huge dicks about being libertarian.

:snoop

I just remember you saying something a looooooong time ago about Shias hating the name.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I liked the first part.

just wanted to make that clear.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Fellow nerds are cool, just make sure they're at about the same level as you are otherwise you're stuck thinking "jesus what an uber nerd."

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
In case any of you weren't aware, I'm a bit of a closet nerd. Being able to talk about sci-fi shit with a woman who I'm actually dating would be pretty goddamn amazing.
Look at the site you're on. This is the motherfucking closet. You're in it :heh

I need my (future) wife to be a nerd.
My wife is probably (definitely) a bigger Iain Banks fan than I am.  She's also more obsessed with GoT than I am, and has no problem with most of the sci-fi I read.  She also thinks "Superman sucks" :heart
vin

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
No, but my last name is Contra
vin

Phoenix Dark

In case any of you weren't aware, I'm a bit of a closet nerd. Being able to talk about sci-fi shit with a woman who I'm actually dating would be pretty goddamn amazing.
Look at the site you're on. This is the motherfucking closet. You're in it :heh

I need my (future) wife to be a nerd.
My wife is probably (definitely) a bigger Iain Banks fan than I am.  She's also more obsessed with GoT than I am, and has no problem with most of the sci-fi I read.  She also thinks "Superman sucks" :heart

leper Mr. Contra, mod Mrs. Contra
:rejoice

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Wait, your first name isn't Green or Awesom? :wtf
©ZH

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
just like frog from chrono trigger
pcp

Phoenix Dark

Date cancelled because...it's raining. She wants to go out tomorrow. Which violates my "never do anything on Sunday" beliefs but I agreed.
 :beli

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Date cancelled because...it's raining. She wants to go out tomorrow. Which violates my "never do anything on Sunday" beliefs but I agreed.
 :beli

Tell her you don't fucking roll on Shabbos, man

Yes, I know Shabbos is Saturday, fuck off
[close]
yar

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Holy shit, the girl responded to my Star Wars joke, and we have a date.
Since we knew she loves Star Wars, we already knew that she was easily impressed.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Holy shit, the girl responded to my Star Wars joke, and we have a date.
Since we knew she loves Star Wars, we already knew that she was easily impressed.

Oooof.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
 :leon

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Took a big step in the relationship with the girlfriend today and introduced her to my son.  It went really well!
WTF

Phoenix Dark

Grats dude! You told her about your son awhile ago? Seems like a good way to handle that situation. My uncle dated someone for half a year, and didn't know she had a son until they were engaged...

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Damn.

She has a link to her tumblr right there in her email signature, so I checked it out. Claims that she likes puzzles and Legos. Even more in common.

Star Wars, puzzles, and legos? And I thought I was going too young with the 18-year-old girl.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Grats dude! You told her about your son awhile ago? Seems like a good way to handle that situation. My uncle dated someone for half a year, and didn't know she had a son until they were engaged...

Yeah, she knew about him from the beginning.  We met through OKC and that was something I listed on my profile.  I didn't figure there was any point in bothering with somebody not interested in kids.
WTF

FatalT

My relationship is turning to shit and I don't like it. Derp.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I had to cancel a date for once. I have bronchitis and an eye infection. Typical. :/

Phoenix Dark

Any reason for texting instead of calling? Just curious, I know a lot of people have differing opinions on it. Calling/leaving a message could be odd, depending on what you say. Whereas texting could come off as too hands off/going by the numbers.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
I prefer calling but I'm far from universal. Especially if he's got a great voice. Also texting all of the time just feels so detached.

Phoenix Dark

Yup, I prefer calling too. It's alot easier to read a person's voice than a text, imo. But as one of my friends pointed out, you can't  text after a call without looking desperate. You can text someone a couple times and be safe, but if she doesn't respond to your call/message, that's game over.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
facetime/skype if you're actually serious with someone and like, are in a different state or something, texting otherwise.  calling :yuck
yar

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
I only use snap chat to communicate
dur

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Yup, I prefer calling too. It's alot easier to read a person's voice than a text, imo. But as one of my friends pointed out, you can't  text after a call without looking desperate. You can text someone a couple times and be safe, but if she doesn't respond to your call/message, that's game over.

I think voice chat avoids some confusing situations or stuff that just sounds awkward over text. To me text makes more sense if you're really casual but eh.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
facetime/skype if you're actually serious with someone and like, are in a different state or something, texting otherwise.  calling :yuck
Oh god yes. I knew a girl that was really, really shy about cam-chatting with me. I even blow up at her over it once it annoyed me that much. She'd rather chat over MSN or fucking send text messages. Not only was that about the most ineffective way to communicate besides maybe using morse code or signal flags, but it also cost more. I barely fucking use my dumb-phone. It took forever to have something approaching a conversation via texts.
Long distance communication through anything other than a webcam fucking sucks.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
A girl in Atlanta that keeps me around as an emotional tampon and I like to use facetime to chat for an hour or so each month... obviously more frequently if she's having troubles with dudes that are actually good enough for her to date, or is single and needs emotional validation, etc etc.  I mean, it's free on your iCrap devices and works great, why not use it?
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Because you have crippling hang-ups about your appearance, for no obvious reason. Strangely, sending pictures was fine. Video? NOoooOOOooooo~
I don't get it, but I don't have to deal with it any more so whatever.

Phoenix Dark

A girl in Atlanta that keeps me around as an emotional tampon and I like to use facetime to chat for an hour or so each month... obviously more frequently if she's having troubles with dudes that are actually good enough for her to date, or is single and needs emotional validation, etc etc.  I mean, it's free on your iCrap devices and works great, why not use it?
this isn't Red Head Girl is it
:fbm

Human Snorenado

• Icon
this isn't Red Head Girl is it
:fbm

21 year old?  No.  Redheaded girl from, like, earlier this year?  Yeah.
yar

Phoenix Dark

whew, good to hear
:rejoice

feast my brother, feast

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
just wait! she could be at work or taking a nap or something. or fucking with your emotions intentionally, maybe.
pcp

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

with triumph on this
AMC

Phoenix Dark

God, the urge to send a follow-up text is getting overwhelming. I won't do it, but I really want to. I wish I could just get a clear answer. This is going to feel even worse than Start-up Girl if it turns out to be a dud.
You get one followup text, it has at 48hr cooldown though. For the love of god don't send another today.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
You think about it way too much. It probably comes across. Need to care less.

Polari

I don't actually know how you can figure out how to care less. Just a thought.

FatalT

I need to figure out how to care less too. If any of you learn that let me know. Prepare for the return of crazy acting, depressed FatalT!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
There is no secret.  You just have to learn to protect yourself and not invest so much of your emotional well being in others.  Shitty but necessary lesson to learn, that we all have to keep relearning on a continual basis.
yar

Polari

You think about it way too much. It probably comes across. Need to care less.

To you guys, sure. To her, no way. I suffer in silence.

Perhaps. But I can't help but think it must manifest to some extent in the way you interact with women. Maybe not though.

FatalT

There is no secret.  You just have to learn to protect yourself and not invest so much of your emotional well being in others.  Shitty but necessary lesson to learn, that we all have to keep relearning on a continual basis.

I really like this line. It bears repeating.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
After investigating with FB futching, she pretty much banged her cousin in a stable. He took her from behind while she was brushing a horses mane.
Tbh I would kill him, if it weren't for the weird hotness. We all met at a family party, and his eyes were looking at her tits like he'd enjoyed them before.
:{]

Polari

It's strange. Some people are lazy texters though. I often go a day without texting back if its not urgent. Her phone could have run out of battery or credit, or she could be asleep or at work or something and just doesn't want to think about it now. Just try and relax. There's nothing you can do.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
I'm terrible at texting people myself.

Phoenix Dark

Date was a success. We went to a nice Somalian restaurant, small place with real spicy food. Dunno brehs, she was cool and seemed into me but I didn't feel a spark on my end. And she spent a lot of time talking about her dad which was odd to me. As in "my dad always says..." multiple times. And her favorite movie is Diary Of A Mad Black Woman...

She wants to go out again though, I'm going to do it. We both jog so she suggested we do that together.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Date was a success. We went to a nice Somalian restaurant, small place with real spicy food. Dunno brehs, she was cool and seemed into me but I didn't feel a spark on my end. And she spent a lot of time talking about her dad which was odd to me. As in "my dad always says..." multiple times. And her favorite movie is Diary Of A Mad Black Woman...

She wants to go out again though, I'm going to do it. We both jog so she suggested we do that together.

:kobeyuck