Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1232732 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
the facebook shit is game over
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
There's a temporary pussy hypnosis period where guys try too hard to get with a girl they just met. It is simply your mind billshitting itself when you're horny and infatuated.

Don't worry about it, just move on to the next one.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Guys, you all need to follow the teachings in the Tao of Steve: be there, be excellent, be gone. This is not to say that you should all start practicing PUA shit, because that's gross. But for whatever reason, the maxim of "we pursue that which retreats from us" is so fucking true. I wish it wasn't, but for whatever reason it is.
yar

Oblivion

Okay, good news. I've been talking with someone else who happens to be way hotter than the last chick. However, she keeps asking for cock pics.

Yay or nay?

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Okay, good news. I've been talking with someone else who happens to be way hotter than the last chick. However, she keeps asking for cock pics.

Yay or nay?

She's a dude.
Unzip

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
As long as you don't go back it's not an L breh. I got you.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Talk about your mutual problems with your ex-fiance on Skype, brehs.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I stay taking Ls :snoop
[close]

Did you cyber or something?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Went to go play trivia tonight at a bar with a friend.  Friend bailed on me and didn't show up, he had to work late.  Decided to just stick around and watch some basketball and play trivia alone.  Waitress I had was fucking cute as hell -- short, petite, black hair, brown eyes, and a cool collar rocker tattoo.  We get to talking and we were vibing.  She checked on me a lot more than her other tables, and she was touchy with me, which was cool.  I thought to myself "eh its just a waitress being flirty for the tips.  Oh well, I'll play along because its fun and nothing more."

Middle of trivia, she comes up and sits down and starts talking to me more.  Looked dead in my eyes and said that if I won that I should buy her a drink after she got off.  Well boys and girls you can bet my dick was at full attention

Unfortunately she had two more parties come in at the end of her shift so she had to work longer.  I pay out, and she says "you don't have to stay, even though I'd like you too...but you absolutely have to call me"  Got her number and she got mine.

Gonna give her a call on Thursday I think.
püp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
So I go to the bar yesterday after work, and I meet these two very attractive girls. Turns out they're sisters and, while they were both good looking, the older sister was significantly hotter. The older one steps out towards the end of the night to smoke and I finally get a chance to properly chat with her. We seem to be hitting it off very well until the bouncer shows up and asks me if I needed to pay my tab since they were closing. I tell her I'd be right back and go in pay and get out. By the time I came back out, she was already walking towards her car, which I didn't see as a great sign, but still, decided to catch up with her and asked her for her number. She gives me her Facebook instead and allows me to have her send a friend request from an app on her phone. We hug and I tell her I'll hit her up some time.

I go home and send her a quick message about having a fun time talking with her. She hasn't responded, and I thought she might not have logged on yet, but I see that she's been posting on her timeline.

Am I digging too much into this? What should be my next move?
:rofl you are already dead, dude

Rahxephon91

Is it the fact that she gave me her FB instead of her number bad, or is it the message I sent?

Or both? D:
At least you got that far. I sent a friend request to a girl I thought was at least slightly interested and well haven't even got accepted.  Yeah I just don't get women.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Is it the fact that she gave me her FB instead of her number bad, or is it the message I sent?

Or both? D:
At least you got that far. I sent a friend request to a girl I thought was at least slightly interested and well haven't even got accepted.  Yeah I just don't get women.

Did she reject it or is it just not accepted? Some people actually don't go on Facebook that often  and if you go on their profile and see that it says friend request pending, then that means they still haven't rejected it. If they do reject it, then apparently that would give you the ability to send a new one.

Nearly every one will accept a friend request from a person they've actually met just out of courtesy.

Rahxephon91

Or both? D:

Did she reject it or is it just not accepted? Some people actually don't go on Facebook that often  and if you go on their profile and see that it says friend request pending, then that means they still haven't rejected it. If they do reject it, then apparently that would give you the ability to send a new one.

Nearly every one will accept a friend request from a person they've actually met just out of courtesy.
I mean I guess your right, but then again you can just ignore friend requests and they just stay there. I've done it with supposed bot profiles.

Oblivion

Great news, men. I'm in happier spirits again. I just met this busty Ukrainian cougar on the bus today and in a nice change of pace, she asked ME for my number. We'll be going out this weekend for a movie or something or other.

:rock :rock

:bow cougars :bow2

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

Or both? D:

She wasn't interested, she was just being nice.

There.

Now you understand.

Rahxephon91

It would be easier to just go gay at this point.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

You're getting beat up about investing too much into a single interaction that didn't gain that much traction. You gotta socialize with a shit ton of people, that's how you find someone. Honestly you should be using tinder, you're attractive enough.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Well, you've certainly come to the right place.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:28:10 PM by Atramental »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist

Or both? D:

She wasn't interested, she was just being nice.

There.

Now you understand.

What if this is somebody you see fairly often and who is excited to possibly work with you and they haven't had a status update since December?

I'm just asking for a friend.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i've had a short conversation going with this chick on okc for the last week or so. she actually messaged me which i was surprised. i was def interested so i kept it up. my problem has always been dragging things out too long and not getting to the point. so tonight she up and directly asks me if i'm interested. like i said, i am. so i spent a few minutes deciding how to respond and decided to reply back simply with my number and saying i was def interested.

shrug dunno if that was the right move. we'll see.

nat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Went to go play trivia tonight at a bar with a friend.  Friend bailed on me and didn't show up, he had to work late.  Decided to just stick around and watch some basketball and play trivia alone.  Waitress I had was fucking cute as hell -- short, petite, black hair, brown eyes, and a cool collar rocker tattoo.  We get to talking and we were vibing.  She checked on me a lot more than her other tables, and she was touchy with me, which was cool.  I thought to myself "eh its just a waitress being flirty for the tips.  Oh well, I'll play along because its fun and nothing more."

Middle of trivia, she comes up and sits down and starts talking to me more.  Looked dead in my eyes and said that if I won that I should buy her a drink after she got off.  Well boys and girls you can bet my dick was at full attention

Unfortunately she had two more parties come in at the end of her shift so she had to work longer.  I pay out, and she says "you don't have to stay, even though I'd like you too...but you absolutely have to call me"  Got her number and she got mine.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh man, wasn't it you who got his balls busted for a story that involved flirting with a waitress? I want you to point at the camera and laugh at them. It's only fair.

Good jon, breh.
Unzip

Oblivion

Great news, men. I'm in happier spirits again. I just met this busty Ukrainian cougar on the bus today and in a nice change of pace, she asked ME for my number. We'll be going out this weekend for a movie or something or other.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand sure enough I can't seem to contact her. Tried texting and calling and I keep getting a message that says "your call cannot be completed, try again later".  The universe is against me for some reason. What'd I ever do to it, HUH?!  :maf

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
i've had a short conversation going with this chick on okc for the last week or so. she actually messaged me which i was surprised. i was def interested so i kept it up. my problem has always been dragging things out too long and not getting to the point. so tonight she up and directly asks me if i'm interested. like i said, i am. so i spent a few minutes deciding how to respond and decided to reply back simply with my number and saying i was def interested.

She made the move? Nice. I'd have asked for her number instead, your turn for some initiative, you know?

Mupepe

• Icon

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand sure enough I can't seem to contact her. Tried texting and calling and I keep getting a message that says "your call cannot be completed, try again later".  The universe is against me for some reason. What'd I ever do to it, HUH?!  :maf
I had this problem when my wife originally gave me her number.  The first night I didn't call because who fucking does that?  amirite?  I see her the next day and she looks pissed and asks why I didn't call.  So that night I call and I keep getting a "beep beep beep... the number you dialed is no longer in service".  Now I was thinking "she gives me a fake number and she calls me out for not calling!" but I tried again a few hours later and it worked.

She probably gave you a fake number though
[close]

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

Oh man, wasn't it you who got his balls busted for a story that involved flirting with a waitress? I want you to point at the camera and laugh at them. It's only fair.

Good jon, breh.

That was me!  Yeah that was real embarrassing, but different situation.  That one time, I left my number on the tab (  :snoop ) and expected her to call me.  She texted me once but nothing else.  This situation, she actively wanted me number.  We talked last night and we're going for a drink tonight.  If it blows up in my face tonight, its because I sucked at the date, not the fact she's a waitress.
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

She made the move? Nice. I'd have asked for her number instead, your turn for some initiative, you know?

yeah i was pretty surprised because that's never happened.

i figured giving my number was showing some initiative cuz i was showing interest.

actually, i didn't mention but i'm in the same boat with another chick from okc as well. but i messaged her. last night she asked me if i had some messaging app called kik (never heard of it) so i created an account and we started talking on there.

weird how this all happened on the same night.

nat

Oblivion

She probably gave you a fake number though
[close]

I'd agree, but...

1) SHE gave ME her number first
2) I did a bit of..."research" if you will, and it turns out it's legit. Either that or she's got a twin running around with the same fascination with Angelina Jolie.

This whole week's been disappointing as fuck.

- Tried to send a casual message to FB girl, hasn't responded so if there were any doubts, there aren't any longer.
- Cock pics girl seems to have just disappeared off the face of the Earth.
- Met another chick on OKCupid who responded after several weeks but hasn't responded for a few days after the last message.
- This cute, busty nerdy broad I met for the third time on the bus today said she had a boyfriend.

And the one that I had the best shot with so far seems to be taking forever to pay her phone bill.

UGH.

I'm with Raxhephon at this point.

Rahxephon91

Have you tried ruthlessly spitting game at fat or ugly girls yet
I feel like there is no safe way to answer this question.

But no.

Either way, I downloaded that Tinder app. It all feels very awkward. I don't know even ok okcupid I feel bad rating women, but besides that the whole online thing has never worked for me. Maybe my profile is terrible, but I do try to tone down the obnoxious FANDOM qualities I exhibit here. Either way no bites in the two years I've been on okcupid. Well I guess thats not true, I've had bites from women I don't find attractive. Maybe I have high standards and think well beyond my means. I do not know. So I don't know about this Tinder app.

Either like I said I'm pretty awful at telling what anything means and at least as far as I know, no woman has shown interests in me in my entire life. Well no woman that I'd want. So it's not big confidence booster.

I had a "friend" in high school ounce tell me that I (unlike him) should lower my standards because I'm not going to get hot chicks. Now obviously "hot" is vague and means many different things to people. I have a friend who dosen't think Jenifer Lawrence is attractive. Either way I don't think "oh if shes not Megan Fox" I don't want her. I have my taste just like anyone else. Contrary to popular belief (as if anyone cares) my taste are pretty varied and it's just not skinny or no thank you. Of course I have a stronger preference to white women with black hair and I stereotypicaly like Asian women(my days of all hail Nippon are long over though). But this dosen't mean I don't like all kinds of women. Unlike games I will leave confront zones!

Still, either it's my looks or personality but I've never attracted a girl I like. Sure I'm an Adonis so it can't be looks. Still, I'm quite uncomfortable with how I look. From my skin to my hair, my body image is not something I've been able to get a hold of. I've often wondered if race has played a part and if my brown vaguness means anything.

It could be my personality. Now I now I come off as a huge idiot and un-humorous person on the bore, but quest honestly that may not be totally me. I believe I kind of take a bit of fustruation on the internet and like to push buttons just to see what people will say about me. Now I guess that makes me a bit crazy and says something about me, but I don't know. In real life I think I'm a bit different. Far more mild mannered and sometimes funny with people I'm very comfortable with. I've also tried to stay away from being the obnoxious nerd who can't smell. Simply put, I think I come off a simple dude.

Or maybe I come off as gay? Now nothing wrong with being gay, but I'm often told I give off gay vibes. I don't know what that means and my gaydar is non-existent. I don't think I dress fancy and askmen- the paragon of men knowledge-ounce described dudes who care about fashion as a source of the gays. I just wear a shirt and jeans all the time. Maybe it's being quiet? I am often quiet in real life because I don't usually feel comfortable around people I don't know, I don't know how they'll respond to me so I guess it makes me nervous. If I get to know you and you respond well to me, I probably can't shut up. A dude ounce said he thought I was gay because he never saw me around women. I've been hit on a lot by dudes as well. I really don't know what it is.

I mean I've moved pass the stage of being offended by it and just take it in stride, but I just find the whole thing baffling.

Man I've ranted about a whole lot of nonsense, but allow me to continue.

Anyway, I thought a girl in my Japanese class was slightly into me, mostly for shallow reasons. ("Oh she talks to me"). You know, I did use to be that guy who thought any girl who talked to them maybe liked them or the guy who liked any girl who talked to him. Thankfully that's over and I never went through the nice guy feadora stage. Anyway, she laughed at most of the things I said and generally seemed enthused to talk to me. She even seemed to remember the movies I talked about. Slipping into my 18 year old self I thought "well those are the signs right!!!?". Hell, she even agredd with always high kid that I looked like Johnny Depp(I hate when people say this because I have to be soul crushingly negative about my looks) and said yes with a cute nervous smile. So armed with the knowledge of a quick "How do I know if a girl likes me" google search I felt I was getting positive feedback.

Anyway, I'm tasked with this "make a comic book" project from my "how to write a comic book class"(yes I know my writing on the bore is shitty, give me the benefit of the doubt here. This is a whole other issue) and you need an artist. Well, I know she's an artists, because I'm a creeper and remember details women tell me. So i thought I had a gateway into getting to know her a bit better and I asked if she wanted to be an artist. She seemed kind of exited or at least interested in working together. But during the talk about it, I may have come off as kind of nervous. I don't really know.

Either way, since I get pretty childish about these things and over analyze things the fact that she hasn't responded to a little facebook FR is a BIG deal to me for stupid reasons. I mean I guess she could just be a way, but what modern girl with an iphone dosen't visit her facebook at least one time during the week?

I don't know, I may just be being a little bitch about this.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Gotta stop latching unto people. There is a big wide world out there and single women are part of it.

I still think you should use tinder are you on tinder.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Have you tried ruthlessly spitting game at fat or ugly girls yet
I feel like there is no safe way to answer this question.

But no.

Give it a whirl dude. Try bagging some girls that you would think are 'below your standard'.

Pffft, "Standards."

Standards is something you construct when you're swimming in so many vags and peens that you go "oh man, this is too much. We need some QA up in this bitch."

Otherwise, you take what you can get. If only for your physical and mental wellbeing.
Unzip

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Pffft, "Standards."

Standards is something you construct when you're swimming in so many vags and peens that you go "oh man, this is too much. We need some QA up in this bitch."

Otherwise, you take what you can get. If only for your physical and mental wellbeing.

This is kind of true as well. Having standards before you even bother actually having experience sexually or romantically with individuals is kind of silly.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Blame it on TV, movies, porn, the beauty industry, etc.

When you're young and watch a lot of it there's always something telling you have this amazing, beautiful woman is your soulmate and fucks like a bitch from hell. It's not exactly surprising that guys and girls are fucked up by what they think they're owed due to disney movies and shit.

I had standards in highschool but it was the justified kind, as in one of the dudes who wanted to date me was a drug dealing piece of shit 2 grades ahead of me. Was not about to bother with that bullshit.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Rahx, I was also a late bloomer and used to be like you where I would over think everything and let every social failure incubate into a new insecurity. Then I would go on the Internet and be annoying and pedantic about the world so I could get some attention and positive or negative validation.

But then I learned not to care and to actually be both critical and accepting of all the different types of people in the world. You can either put your energy into building personal relationships that eventually let you find a person that is supportive and relatable every day, or you can look for somebody that makes you spin in infatuation for two weeks before you drive each other crazy.

It sucks to hear, but personality is usually the first thing that unattracts (word?) someone to you but people learn.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
It sucks to hear, but personality is usually the first thing that unattracts (word?) someone to you but people learn.
*repels

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Yeah from like 17-20 I hit whatever I could, just polishing my ability to interact with the better gender

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I had like no standards whatsoever until my mid-20s but I'm not a hunk like Rah. The flipside to this is that I was a real asshole in relationships that did start and did a lot of stuff I'm not proud of.

Thankfully I'm punching way above my weight wrt my long-term partner. :heartbeat

Phoenix Dark

If you fish with a grenade, you'll hit a fish. It might have bits of shrapnel in it, but a man's gotta eat

this is why I like every girl I see on Tinder
 :jawalrus

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Bold move, I like it

Oblivion

So it's been 3 days and the Ukrainian chick still hasn't fixed her goddamned phone. Should I go ahead and contact her through her instagram (which she didn't give me)? Or does that sound too stalker-ish?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:37:18 PM by Oblivion »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Too stalkerish, don't do it. You're a handsome brown devil so it's not like it's your only opportunity. The best thing to do is wait and if she gets her stuff sorted out and gets back to  you then you'll feel good.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Don't fucking contact her period anymore.  She obviously doesn't care to respond.  Shit sucks, but its
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
catching the feels I see
püp

Mandark

• Icon
"Yup, now's the time to dig in my heels and fight this internet war."

- AWESOM-O, 2014

- AWESOM-O, 2013
- AWESOM-O, 2012
- AWESOM-O, 2011
- AWESOM-O, 2010
- AWESOM-O, 2009
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Phoenix Dark

I'd like the above post if each spoiler revealed the written contents and a smiley.

Mupepe

• Icon
I thought you said you were over that last year Awesome-O. :(

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Awesome-O the other night I heard some yelling of "BITCH BITCH BITCH" and then "I don't give a fuck I'll fight your god damn boyfriend."

Was that you?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I certainly understand the frustration he is talking about though.  All of us have thought that at one point or another.  Just gotta know when to say fuck it and focus your energy on someone/something else.
püp

Mandark

• Icon
https://medium.com/lessons-learned/177091f864a4

I'm still on #teamdirectinteractions rather than #teambyzantinesocialrulestoavoidanyhintofconflict, but you deal with the world as it is.  Besides which, women feel (with pretty good reason) that extra caution and conflict-avoidance is warranted in dealing with dudes they don't know very well, and frankly going into a seething, bitter rage about it ain't exactly disproving their point.

and no, "but they don't realize how angry I am because I vent my spleen in other venues" isn't an acceptable answer
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
Fair enough, but IME dudes don't actually seem to benefit from repeated cathartic outbursts of anger, and your version of "now and again" is rather frequent. ymmv

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
https://medium.com/lessons-learned/177091f864a4

I'm still on #teamdirectinteractions rather than #teambyzantinesocialrulestoavoidanyhintofconflict, but you deal with the world as it is.  Besides which, women feel (with pretty good reason) that extra caution and conflict-avoidance is warranted in dealing with dudes they don't know very well, and frankly going into a seething, bitter rage about it ain't exactly disproving their point.

and no, "but they don't realize how angry I am because I vent my spleen in other venues" isn't an acceptable answer
[close]

Seattle is not fucking special in this regard.  A Seattle No exists in every city.  I have been to San Fran, Chicago, NY, Nashville, Orlando, Philly, and Pittsburgh, and all people I've been around in those cities respond this way.
püp

Mandark

• Icon
Seattle is not fucking special in this regard.  A Seattle No exists in every city.  I have been to San Fran, Chicago, NY, Nashville, Orlando, Philly, and Pittsburgh, and all people I've been around in those cities respond this way.
Oh it's definitely not limited to Seattle.  I do think it's a pretty white, middle-class tendency though.  IME poor people are a lot more comfortable saying no in pretty blunt terms (and with direct conflict in general).

One of my favorite Chappelle bits was part of a live show I got to see over a decade ago, which I guess never made it into a televised special, about the passive aggression in dealing with his white neighbors now that he was rich and lived in the country ("I see your grass is getting pretty long there, Dave.  So you think you're gonna keep it that length or maybe cut it?") vs. interactions in the ghetto ("HEY YO NICCA LEMME HAVE A BITE OF THAT PIZZA!").

The Washington Post ran a front-page story on people using up two seats on the metro while other people stand.  Which is mildly insane, because 99.99999999% you can just say "excuse me," tilt your head towards their bag or purse or whatever, and they'll clear the other seat, no fuss.  That so many people don't even consider doing this says something.

How does Mandark even find some of the articles he links to? He always seems to have something applicable. Is he the greatest googler of all time, or does he just read that much?

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=39936.msg1668172#msg1668172

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
I usually wanna sit so I'm all "can I sit there?" and point at the bag taking up the place of where a person should be. They never say "no" because they'll look like a shitheel.

Mandark

• Icon
I've only ever had someone refuse once, and that was a young lady who was... what's a nice way for a white liberal to say "likely to end up on WSHH"?  A middle aged black guy didn't appreciate it and they wound up having a shouting match that kept going after I got to my station.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Well she ended up looking like an asshole even though you didn't get the seat heh.

Mandark

• Icon
Oh yeah.  You're right about the asking thing.  They're basically relying on bluffing people out of making the request at all.  Ditto for talking at the movies.  "Hey, could you keep it down a bit?" is quick and painless and works.*

*I make no guarantees for theatres where a certain percentage of the audience is talking, or where Stoney's family is seeing a movie together.
[close]

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
These days I'm more annoyed with the teenagers who have to text with their bright screens while I'm trying to watch. Fuckheads who care more about telling people they're at the movies than watching the film are fucktards.

What ever happened to just making out quietly in the back rows, ffff.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I sat down in a hurry once, thinking yay, free seat, but then it hit me. The odour of stale piss coming from the old man opposite me. He had the whole four-seat arrangment to himself on a packed train.
Guy kept mumbling about his dead wife, so he was definitely not all there. :-\

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
 :ufup

I saw that
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
The chick who initiated text'd me shortly after I sent her my number but I was asleep so I didn't respond till the next morning.
Then never heard from her again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whatevs. i'm already talking to someone else, but i can't get over the hump to ask her out. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
nat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Is it online dating? Just say you're new to the format (true) and would like to see if she'd want to go and do something low-key like have coffee and walk and talk.