Author Topic: GTA 5  (Read 54827 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: GTA 5
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2020, 07:42:21 AM »
Are you actually having fun doing this? It sounds miserable.

Yes! My project at work is in crunch, so this is video game “comfort food” to me.  The only thing really making it difficult is the miserable loading times.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2020, 05:56:43 AM »
I completed 70 Gold Medals across all of the missions and strangers and freaks. Some of the missions were much more difficult to Gold Medal than I expected. Others turned out to be easy, once I figure it out the particular method. For example, I did “friend request“ a dozen times, and couldn’t use the controller to close the pop-up advertisements fast enough. It was ridiculous. It turns out that Michael’s special ability can be used, taking the counter down to 1/4 speed. That was pretty cool.

The Grass Roots: The Drag mission required a dozen attempts. I was missing the required time by a second or two. Franklin‘s driving speed ability can be used, but the towed car does not follow the same physics. That makes it… exciting. I was seriously done with that mission by the time I cleared it.

All the other missions allow players to clear one check box or more each time, but they don’t have to get them on the same run. That’s not true for rampages, where meeting each win-condition will bump your grade from bronze to silver to gold. Some were tricky.

Next, I continued and got 100% completion by the game’s math. Races are stupid easy with Franklin. Even after 100%, there are still some strangers and freaks missions remaining, e.g. it awards 100% before Franklin goes hunting Bigfoot.

The “Online: Rob all 20 Stores” trophy didn’t unlock, though my transferred character has all the stores checked off. I’d heard even going through them all, it may not register. Today I used a 2nd character (with no check marks) to rob each in turn. Bingo.

I have only got one Trophy left to go, the “co pilot a rally race.” Gonna get my BIL to help tomorrow.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2020, 07:55:31 AM »
Done.

Tried to get that last "win as Co-Pilot in a Rally Race" on Friday, but the Trophy doesn't unlock without it being a multiplayer competitive race, i.e. not a Time Trial. So BIL hopped on with me today. Only had to wait 5 minutes for 2 more randos to join, which was pretty luck all things considered.

Anyway, that's me, 100% the game on PS4 today, after getting 100% on 360 3½ years ago. Great game. I think I can finally put it aside.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »
Congrats dude thats quite the achievement
What

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »
nice work on a grueling plat! congratulations
pcp

Himu

« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
grats fellow gta lover
IYKYK

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2020, 03:48:16 AM »
this has inspired to me to try get at least all the ufo parts and scrap letters (i'm never going to get gold on all missions), you see so much more of san andreas going after these collectibles

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »
this has inspired to me to try get at least all the ufo parts and scrap letters (i'm never going to get gold on all missions), you see so much more of san andreas going after these collectibles

I went old school on those, printing out paper maps with the locations, then marking them off with a pen after I'd picked up each one.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2020, 06:26:30 AM »
i'm kinda wishing i did that - i'm working on the ufo parts using the ign guide and it makes you ping pong from one end of the map the other constantly  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2020, 08:03:52 AM »
I swear the rockstar website has an interactive map based on your save/account that shows what you did or didn’t collect, as well a 100% checklist. Been 7 fucking years though, so maybe I’m misremembering.
Margs

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
I swear the rockstar website has an interactive map based on your save/account that shows what you did or didn’t collect, as well a 100% checklist. Been 7 fucking years though, so maybe I’m misremembering.

I just checked and couldn't find that.  Just a list of trophies.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2020, 01:06:47 PM »
I logged in to the social club on my phone’s browser and there is a 100% checklist and a bunch of other stats, but yeah, I didn’t see a map.

I either: imagined it, it’s only available on the PC site, or maybe on the iFruit companion app.

I don’t care enough to do more digging  :doge
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
What

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2020, 04:28:06 PM »
i feel like 4 had a secret in-game website that showed you all of that
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2020, 03:07:33 AM »
Rockstar Social Club has a completion map with the letter pieces and UFO parts, it shows the ones you have retrieved. It does not show ones you haven’t found yet. You will need the IGN guide for that.

Once you’re on the GTA V screen, select for the platform on which you’re playing in the upper right hand corner above the character portraits, then select “checklist,” then scroll down to the map.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2020, 01:56:31 AM »

New stuff coming to GTA Online.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2020, 03:19:06 AM »
If anyone here wants to do some of these heists then lets do it
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2021, 05:11:32 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2021, 10:22:19 AM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2021, 11:07:52 AM »
seems a bit weird, then again I've literally not touched even know know is going on with gta online since the ps3 launch, where I found it highly irritating
(ice)

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
They've done other single player mission updates before.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2021, 05:53:27 PM »
Have they?

I can’t recall any missions that were specifically single player. There are some missions in red dead online that are solely single player, but I haven’t seen one of those in GTAO. In fact much of the new content I’ve seen cannot be played with fewer than two players.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2021, 03:07:15 PM »
I haven't played the game in a couple of years but I think there was a couple of updates.  Mostly boring stuff like stealing cars for Simeon.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2021, 06:10:01 PM »
I haven't played the game in a couple of years but I think there was a couple of updates.  Mostly boring stuff like stealing cars for Simeon.
There’s a heap of stuff that’s 1-2 players, but this is specifically solo.