Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1282426 times)

Tasty

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Jojo's Enigmatic Adventure
« Reply #9180 on: May 28, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
FLCL Alternative and Progressive are up on Crunchyroll.

are they good

LOL no.

Could you elaborate since I've also been interested, even though the teasers did nothing for me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9181 on: May 29, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »
Shield Hero #21 is the episode you've been waiting for.

JUSTICE!   BITCH AND TRASH! :lol :clap

:bow All hail the MILF queen :bow2
:yukasalute
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9182 on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »
Rewatching DMC  :rofl

Detroit Metal City or the Devil May Cry anime?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9183 on: May 30, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »
Detroit Metal City

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #9184 on: May 31, 2019, 01:03:24 AM »
Shield Hero #21 is the episode you've been waiting for.

JUSTICE!   BITCH AND TRASH! :lol :clap

:bow All hail the MILF queen :bow2
 :yukasalute
The face the princess pulled when she was shouting naofumi's name as the axe was about to drop  :mods :brock :dsp

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9185 on: May 31, 2019, 04:08:58 AM »
One of my favourite jokes in the show is when they compare his childhood song with the death metal variant.

Also, telling the girls that anal is the highest form of love in France.

Himu

« Reply #9186 on: May 31, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9187 on: June 01, 2019, 08:53:36 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9188 on: June 01, 2019, 10:18:13 PM »
:dead
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #9189 on: June 03, 2019, 01:36:00 AM »

Himu

« Reply #9190 on: June 04, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »
You know a train crash and you can't stop looking?

Dororo's end is like that.

What utterly depressing shit and yet you can't wait for the next episode. This anime has done Tezuka-san's vision justice. Modern anime classic imo. Three episodes left.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #9191 on: June 04, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
As a Buddhist story the story is top tier. Already knowing Tezuka's identity as a Buddhist given the manga Buddha helps strengthen the story further.

Nearly every story or plot line is relation to the Buddhist Four Noble Truths:

1. Life is suffering
2. Suffering is due to desire
3. The cure to suffering is letting go of that desire
4. We can find ways to avoid suffering by going through the eightfold path

Every storyline has to do with desire: the story originally starts of a land ravaged by famine and Daigo's desire to help his people live better and does so by sacrificing his own child to demons. In order for the land of Daigo to have riches and happiness, they must coerce with demons, changing the natural state of permanence. Hyakkimaru searches for his body and loses himself the more he kills. The more he desires his body the more he becomes something non-human. Yet everything is impermanent. The land of Daigo must go through hardship eventually because that's the natural state of the world. Hyakkimaru must realize that his body is impertinent. If they let go of their desire to change the order of things, they would be able to live in earnest. Instead, they're consumed by their own inherent desire they're willing to let go of their own humanity and have brother kill brother, father kill son.

Even the side characters deal with this Buddhist theme. Itachi, the various town folk, it all fits.

The writing is so top notch and fit within the Buddhist narrative lock and key.

The only fitting ending I can possibly see is Hyakkimaru let go of his desire for his body, lest he save his humanity. I think he and Dororo will help the poor and people of Daigo by giving away Dororo's money and live a life of servitude, humility, finally obtaining the fourth noble truth.

There is a wild card in the story and that's the statue. If I'm correct, that statue is Guan Yin, the Bodhisattva of compassion. Without compassion, this story can only lead in blood shed though.

Classic story. Can't wait to see how it all resolves.

Next ep preview looks hype af.

I know any of this because I was almost a Zen Buddhist lol. Sorry for the Buddhist dork post.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:30:48 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #9193 on: June 07, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »
Isn’t it part 3 that’s the best
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9194 on: June 07, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »
I honestly think I might like Part 1 the most because it's so straight forward and the era it's set in. I like Count Dracula Dio.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9195 on: June 07, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
Isn’t it part 3 that’s the best

It's the first part with stands and a lot of people think it's the best one.  I still prefer part two over everything else.  But collectively, I think parts 1-3 are the best as they tell a large, connected story.  4 and 5 are good but it's basically more of the same thing with weekly "WHAT KIND OF STAND IS THIS NOW?!?!" battles over and over again.  It does generally stay pretty creative, though.  4-6 are tied to the first three parts too, but basically come off as "the remnants of shit that Dio did."  :lol

Am looking forward to when they get to part seven, since it's like a reset and takes place in the late 1800s again.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9196 on: June 07, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »
:bow Young Joseph :bow2

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #9197 on: June 07, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »
A lot of hardcore Jojo fans I've run into call it weak compared to parts 2 and 4 where I find myself disagreeing.

Jotaro and 1980's Dio are easily the most iconic Jojo characters though. When I think of Jojo I think of part 3. Jojo honestly should have ended after part 3, my opinion.
IYKYK

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9198 on: June 07, 2019, 01:24:47 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9199 on: June 07, 2019, 01:36:35 PM »
I was kinda "meh" on the anime, though it's been long enough ago that I watched it that I don't really remember why.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9200 on: June 07, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
Jojo honestly should have ended after part 3, my opinion.

I don't think you're wrong here, but I'm also glad it continued, because parts 4 and 5 have been a lot of fun.  The only one I wonder about is the current part, 8, which is a weird-ish alternate reality retelling (sort of) of part 4.  It just sounds...bizarre from the synopsis, but it is called "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure," so I guess it fits.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9201 on: June 07, 2019, 01:41:27 PM »
I never really got a "sukeban" vibe from Ryuko in Kill La Kill, especially with the short skirt and all the almost-nudity.  :doge  She's not rebelling against the school so much as the government/power that runs the whole place.  But there are some obvious nods to Sukeban Deka (unsure if it's iconic for the red gloves and whatnot, assuming it is) in the outfit design.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #9202 on: June 07, 2019, 01:45:58 PM »
kill la kill is trash
IYKYK

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9203 on: June 07, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »
It's the best thing Trigger has made that is not the original My Little Witch Academia OVA.

KLK soundtrack!  :lawd
[close]

Himu

« Reply #9204 on: June 07, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
It's the best thing Trigger has made

Gurren Lagann is much better than KLK.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9205 on: June 07, 2019, 02:55:48 PM »

Straight fire right from the opening scene. :rejoice

dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9206 on: June 07, 2019, 05:10:38 PM »
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9207 on: June 07, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »
I heard great things about Part 7 but it comes from the same people who overhyped part 4 but shat on Part 5 so who knows.

The premise sounds great, though- a big 19th century cross-country race with lots of fuckery.

I keep waffling over reading the manga (starting with part 6) or just waiting for the anime version.  They do such a great job with the show that I'll watch regardless.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #9208 on: June 07, 2019, 08:23:30 PM »
GL is better than KLK but KLK is also a great series.

whynotboth.jpg

Himu

« Reply #9209 on: June 07, 2019, 08:37:20 PM »
GL is better than KLK but KLK is also a great series.

whynotboth.jpg

KLK would be good if ever ep didn't have to deal with the character being half naked in some shape or fashion. The idea is great, but it's a classic case of embarrassing anime and anime fans excusing awfulness.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #9210 on: June 07, 2019, 08:56:19 PM »
Nah I don't really care about that. WestWorld has narratively-appropriate nudity as well.

Himu

« Reply #9211 on: June 07, 2019, 09:22:08 PM »
Narratively appropriate.

A cool revenge story turns into something about a girl that finds a cool sword but the sword turns into a skimpy outfit. Ok. The lengths anime fans go to justify fan service is gross. KLK could have been a cool action show. Instead it’s a show targeted at otaku so they can buy things like this.

Then they wonder why people think they’re weird, some how justify it and aren't embarrassed by what they're watching.

KLK into the dumpster. Show is trash and failed the 5 ep test.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:27:27 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #9212 on: June 07, 2019, 09:26:54 PM »
Pretty sure you can buy similar figures for Eva and most anime featuring waifu bait.

Otaku culture is weird. I don't care about that. KLK was entertaining and generally good.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #9213 on: June 07, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »
how do you hate fanservice but love gurren lagann?

Himu

« Reply #9214 on: June 07, 2019, 09:39:36 PM »
Evangelion. :beli

Narratively appropriate.

Trash.

Only an anime fan could ever watch something like KLK and not be embarrassed.

The fact that show was heralded as that good by such a large portion of anime fans marked a very, very good time to bow out of the hobby. Anime fans have always had low standards for what's good, and it was always a medium best where you where sought out people with similarly minded tastes so you could feed off each other and find suggestions, but Jesus Christ Kill La Kill might be anime's jump shark moment.
IYKYK

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #9215 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
Jojo part 5 is a lot more fun when you're watching it as a weekly series as opposed to marathoning a bunch of chapters of the manga. I think I read it all in a couple days and it gets suuuuuper repetitive after a while.

Himu

« Reply #9216 on: June 07, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »
how do you hate fanservice but love gurren lagann?

I haven't seen GL in over a decade, but to my memory the fan service is considerably less than KLK. I could be wrong, but I have a very low tolerance for fan service, even then. I've hated fan service as far back as shows like Green Green and Onegai Twins were on air. Either it didn't have as much as KLK or it was to the point where I liked enough about it that I was able to ignore it. But again, I don't recall fanservice being nearly as in your face as in KLK. I could certainly be wrong, however.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #9217 on: June 07, 2019, 09:46:16 PM »
lmao Green Green.

So bad.
IYKYK

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #9218 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:28 PM »
Don't think it was as much as KLK (only watched a couple of episodes of that one) but just look at yoko's design

Idk the whole argument's so played out, we all have heard it a hundred times before, can't we just fap or not fap to anime titties in peace?

also both series are :trash
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9219 on: June 07, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »

This is barely "fan service" and I'm pretty sure it's an homage to Go Nagai.  It's filled with stuff like that.

KLK into the dumpster. Show is trash and failed the 5 ep test.

You only saw five episodes?  That explains it, I guess.  It's satirical and "nudity" itself is actually a focus of the plot.  There's fanservice on the dudes, too.  You have to wait until later in the story to see all this stuff for a reason.

You get stuff towards the end where literally everyone is naked.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:09:36 PM by bork »
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9220 on: June 07, 2019, 11:04:00 PM »
klk is great fun

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9221 on: June 07, 2019, 11:21:26 PM »
klk is great fun

It was good dumb fun with some great animation and music.  Am looking forward to the game next month, which will have a new "alternate" storyline take on things with Satsuki as the main character!
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #9222 on: June 08, 2019, 11:43:05 AM »
I enjoyed KLK a lot (GL, too), but I'm not gonna bend over backwards to defend the fanservice. :yeshrug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9223 on: June 08, 2019, 12:00:27 PM »
It's a fun show, with good action/animation and a lot of gratuitous fanservice. :yeshrug
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #9224 on: June 08, 2019, 12:11:17 PM »
https://vimeo.com/337603771
What is it with people pronouncing "primer" as "primmer"?  :confused

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #9225 on: June 08, 2019, 12:27:14 PM »
I've never been grabbed by either klk or GL, if you're not inclined to go along with the feel of it, it's just dumb trash and I've never found myself inclined to go along with it.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9226 on: June 08, 2019, 02:42:59 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9227 on: June 08, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
GL has Yoko and some fanservice, but it feels tame. Mostly as a joke and yeah to sell stuff, but it never really gets in the way.

Kill La Kill had a lot of fanservice, which was all over the place. From tacky, to jokey. Yeah only an anime fan could probably find it not embarrassing. Fun show, but also pretty trashy when it comes to fanservice.

But in it's defense. I don't think it was supposed to be arousing. Like I'm sure some people will find it arousing and will probably buy things based on that. The companies behind it probably wanted that, but the creators seemed to put it in there because the show's tone was ridiculous.  I don't know, it's not a show where I felt they wanted me to think the MC was my ultimate waifu.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #9228 on: June 08, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »
Trigger released a short that's literally called Sex and Violence with Machspeed so it's weird to say they're shoehorning sex in to sell stuff when that's their entire aesthetic

El Babua

« Reply #9229 on: June 08, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
Jojo part 5 is a lot more fun when you're watching it as a weekly series as opposed to marathoning a bunch of chapters of the manga. I think I read it all in a couple days and it gets suuuuuper repetitive after a while.

I'mma keep it real and say I never could enjoy reading any Jojo. it's why I didn't get into the series till the anime started.

The anime version of 5 cleans up some of the issues the manga had along with it being paced better. I'm liking it more than when I initially read it.

Looking forward to how they handle part 6.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9230 on: June 08, 2019, 07:40:00 PM »
Trigger released a short that's literally called Sex and Violence with Machspeed so it's weird to say they're shoehorning sex in to sell stuff when that's their entire aesthetic

Isn't their new thing basically a mix of klk nudity fanservice with gl mechs too? The least horny thing they've done is little witch academia and sss.gridman and gridman still had a chick that was thicc and became a meme

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9231 on: June 08, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »
Fanservice actually isn't as big a part of Trigger's stuff as you might think, it's mostly KLK [and Darling in the Franxx and Ninja Slayer to a slightly smaller degree]. When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, Gridman, and Little Witch Academia are all pretty light on fanservice in comparison.

Promare [their lastest release], despite being made by the KLK team, doesn't seem like it's going to be too fanservice heavy either.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #9232 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
Fanservice actually isn't as big a part of Trigger's stuff as you might think, it's mostly KLK [and Darling in the Franxx and Ninja Slayer to a slightly smaller degree]. When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, Gridman, and Little Witch Academia are all pretty light on fanservice in comparison.

Promare [their lastest release], despite being made by the KLK team, doesn't seem like it's going to be too fanservice heavy either.

Is Promare good?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9233 on: June 09, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »
It's a theatrical release iirc, I doubt anyone here has seen it yet

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9234 on: June 10, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
Grimgar is excellent.

Just finished rewatching this enjoyed it much more than my first watch.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9235 on: June 11, 2019, 09:44:53 AM »
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9237 on: June 11, 2019, 10:17:45 PM »
:rejoice

Great Rumbler