Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1180534 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|
« Reply #9000 on: January 25, 2023, 05:15:02 AM »
If I buy into this generation, it's most likely going to be a Series S. Price is way too steep for the PS5/SX and there's pretty much nothing worth paying that entry fee for anyway.

My decision may be affected by the timing/specs of the Switch 2 but, at this point, I am not interested in what Sony/MS are selling.
That's the argument that MS doesn't put forward enough, you can play Cyberpunk 2077, HALO Infinite, Elden Ring and more on a ~$250 machine.
To be fair, you can play all of those games on the previous generation of consoles too, so why would anyone shell out AU$450+ to play them on a new machine?

This generation sucks balls and is almost completely worthless at this point.

At least the game that got touted as the first real next-gen game is an absolute banger. (Forspoken)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9001 on: January 25, 2023, 02:00:27 PM »
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnGAWfNXEAAhEnP?format=jpg[img]

This is Xbox Series S+X vs. PS5.

Absolutely brutal.

Is it? Xbox still seems to be selling way better than the doom and gloom would lead you to believe. The way people talk about this shit you'd think it'd sell a pittance of the PS5 sales. Not like 2/3 of the PS5.

I suppose a big factor is that Series S is designed to be more affordable and the Xbox Series consoles aren’t as supply restricted as the PS5. It’s not a massacre but it’s a pretty weak showing for the Xbox’s primary market. Neither console is doing that fantastic tbh. Now that the shortages are supposedly over for PS5, this will be a key year to see if Sony can step it up.

Meanwhile Switch continues to print money.
🍆🍆

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #9002 on: February 10, 2023, 02:32:52 PM »

#2 :lol how. :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9003 on: February 10, 2023, 05:56:49 PM »
Same as with Mario Kart 8, when people pick up the PS5 they usually pick up GTA5 too.
It's probably the $20 upgrade that is selling the most.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9004 on: February 10, 2023, 07:22:54 PM »
MK8DX is almost as impressive.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9005 on: February 10, 2023, 07:27:03 PM »
Someone at Nintendo took Arthur Gies' Mario Kart sales pie chart personally
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9006 on: February 10, 2023, 08:24:52 PM »
It's almost like people who obsess about frame rates and resolutions are NOT the target market for Pokemon or something...

;)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9007 on: February 11, 2023, 05:39:20 AM »
Someone at Nintendo took Arthur Gies' Mario Kart sales pie chart personally

You can't mention that and not post the pie chart. Still makes me laugh my ass off.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9008 on: February 21, 2023, 03:33:18 PM »
From the Activision take-over hearing.

Look at what the corpo clowns did to our beautiful Xbox :tocry

Market Share
EU: PS 80 Xbox 20
Worldwide 70/30
Japan 96/4

Looks like Microsoft's strategy is to convince the regulators that the Xbox is literally the SEGA Saturn :lol

The first question should've been: "Why haven't you made a new Banjo Kazooie or PGR yet?"
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #9009 on: February 22, 2023, 08:07:34 AM »
Man I had no idea Ninty got blasted so hard in Yurop.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9010 on: February 22, 2023, 07:46:49 PM »
The regulators don't consider Nintendo direct competition to Xbox and PlayStation and Microsoft ran away with that classification.

It's kind of weird though, it would mean that Nintendo owns 100% of whatever market they are considered to be in :idont
The numbers wouldn't differ much in the end I think. The world wide split would probably be something like 45% Nintendo, 40% PlayStation and 15% Xbox.

In Europe it's probably 50% PlayStation / 35% Nintendo / 15% Xbox
Japan 80% Nintendo / 18% PlayStation / 1.5% MegaDrive Mini 2 / 0.5% Xbox
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9011 on: February 22, 2023, 10:47:30 PM »
no matter how you slice up the pie, nintendo is winning and I am loving it!  :)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9012 on: March 24, 2023, 04:31:50 PM »
Some pretty severe copium abuse going on in the Sony enthusiast media

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/03/japan-sales-charts-huge-drop-in-ps5-sales-but-still-on-top-just

Sales of the PS5 console in Japan are down for a second week running, but the system still shifted just enough units to be named the country's best-selling box last week. 34,156 PS5 disc consoles were sold during the week beginning 13th March 2023 while 6,255 PS5 digital editions got bought. The PS5's closest rival was the Nintendo Switch OLED, which it narrowly outsold by exactly 1,004 units.

Imagine being so desperate for a win you use the sku numbers rather than the actual numbers for each console...

totals
Switch: 49,585
PS5: 40,411
[close]

It's also interesting to see how quickly the pent up demand seems to have moved through the system now that it's freely available to buy.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9013 on: March 24, 2023, 06:06:13 PM »
The power of the PlayStation was always the depth of its library, never the 1 game.

It wouldn't slow down because there was always something to play. It seems like it's heading into classic Nintendo console (GameCube/Wii U) territory, where the system peaks if there's a big game (Final Fantasy this summer) and then drops again.
I think people underestimate the importance of the Switch for the Japanese market. Nintendo rolling out new 4K hardware would probably kill a number of teams and studios like the end of the 3DS era did.

In fact people who told Square Enix to bring over the 'Nintendo exclusives' like Octopath Traveler to more platforms were wrong. Octopath Traveler 2 isn't doing as well as Octopath Traveler without the Nintendo publishing.

For that reason alone I expect the Switch to be supported for another 2 to 3 years at least. There might be something more powerful out or perhaps some way to upscale or easily patch in 'better graphics' but Nintendo isn't going to give up a 99% uncontested market because IGN thinks Zelda TOTK looks too much like BOTW. There's going to be mainly be ports and remasters though.

I wonder how Nintendo feels about the sudden interest in the 3DS and if they might postpone the shutdown after all.
The Wii U online shop is dying with little fanfare but tons of people are buying things on the 3DS eshop right now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:10:44 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9014 on: April 07, 2023, 06:37:13 AM »
Soyny: It's a difficult market :fbm

CHADCOM :dice

https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1644227242183254016
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #9016 on: April 12, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
PS Fif slaying the UK this year so far.   :miyamoto

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9017 on: April 12, 2023, 12:55:50 PM »

...Or maybe most of those sales were on PS4.  :P
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #9018 on: April 12, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »

:miyamoto

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9019 on: April 12, 2023, 06:06:32 PM »
Welp, time for Microsoft to reboot and announce the next Generation of Xbox.

XBOX GPT (codename CORTANA)

An Xbox with a ChatGPT bot built-in and over 20TF of raw CPU power using the latest Ryzen 3D technology, Nvidia RTX Tensor Cores that comes with a controller than can also be used as handheld device within range of the system.
The system will launch with an AI enhanced version of the highly anticipated Starfield, Redfall, Forza and Minecraft Legends. Smart Delivery 2.0 ensures games are delivered even smarter to the Xbox platform. Unfortunately the system is not backwards compatible with other Xbox systems because it is simply too powerful. It costs less than $50 per teraflop and comes in at a launch price of $999 and a 1 month Xbox GamePass AI+ Subscription that will automatically select games for you based on your player history. AI Game Assist will literally play the games so you don't have to, taking care of difficult sections and making games like Elden Ring* enjoyable for everyone. AI matchmaking ensures that when you play SEA OF THIEVES you will be matched with players of your skillset and interests. Many more AI features are coming in the near future, stay tuned!

*Elden Ring is not yet announced for Xbox GPT and is simply an example of a difficult game that would benefit from this new system. Stay tuned for new exciting projects from Xbox GPT Studios.

🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9020 on: April 13, 2023, 05:43:50 AM »
Octopath Traveler 2

Was never going to be a big seller on any platform. Nobody cares for 16 bit looking jrpg's these days.
What

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9021 on: April 13, 2023, 07:35:40 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
 :miyamoto
Lol Benji sales
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #9022 on: April 13, 2023, 08:33:47 AM »
Welp, time for Microsoft to reboot and announce the next Generation of Xbox.

XBOX GPT (codename CORTANA)

An Xbox with a ChatGPT bot built-in and over 20TF of raw CPU power using the latest Ryzen 3D technology, Nvidia RTX Tensor Cores that comes with a controller than can also be used as handheld device within range of the system.
The system will launch with an AI enhanced version of the highly anticipated Starfield, Redfall, Forza and Minecraft Legends. Smart Delivery 2.0 ensures games are delivered even smarter to the Xbox platform. Unfortunately the system is not backwards compatible with other Xbox systems because it is simply too powerful. It costs less than $50 per teraflop and comes in at a launch price of $999 and a 1 month Xbox GamePass AI+ Subscription that will automatically select games for you based on your player history. AI Game Assist will literally play the games so you don't have to, taking care of difficult sections and making games like Elden Ring* enjoyable for everyone. AI matchmaking ensures that when you play SEA OF THIEVES you will be matched with players of your skillset and interests. Many more AI features are coming in the near future, stay tuned!

*Elden Ring is not yet announced for Xbox GPT and is simply an example of a difficult game that would benefit from this new system. Stay tuned for new exciting projects from Xbox GPT Studios.

"The only thing I don't like about the XBOX GPT, is that it's TOO powerful."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9023 on: April 13, 2023, 07:40:11 PM »
people really valued opinions of dudes like that  :neogaf

or even worse, luke smith  :kermit

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9024 on: April 13, 2023, 08:00:16 PM »
Octopath Traveler 2

Was never going to be a big seller on any platform. Nobody cares for 16 bit looking jrpg's these days.

Octopath 1 did great and plenty of people still do. Myself included of course.
Just look at everyone who won't stfu about Chained Echoes. Or the scramble to get physicals of the FF Pixel Remasters.
Hell, YosP himself said he'd consider making a new FF pixel based game.
^_^

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9025 on: April 13, 2023, 09:37:59 PM »
Hot take: Octopath II going multiplatform on day one meant it lost the Nintentards who always buy exclusive third party games day one no matter if they like the genre or not or have any intention of playing.
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9026 on: April 14, 2023, 10:14:52 AM »
Octopath Traveler 2

Just look at everyone who won't stfu about Chained Echoes. Or the scramble to get physicals of the FF Pixel Remasters.

Who about what? I have no clue what Chained Echoes even is. That should tell you how much of a hype these games have.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9027 on: April 14, 2023, 10:15:12 AM »
people really valued opinions of dudes like that  :neogaf

or even worse, luke smith  :kermit

Then went on to become a huge shill at Bungie
What

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9028 on: April 14, 2023, 10:20:33 AM »
the entire gaming media were mostly always shills.

I remember dave halverson used to get shit for being too soft in his reviews, but I think he at least genuinely liked the games he rated well. one of the few I can remember that seemed to have a real love for the games he reviewed. never felt like hype, just love for platformers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9029 on: April 14, 2023, 12:45:39 PM »
Hot take: Octopath II going multiplatform on day one meant it lost the Nintentards who always buy exclusive third party games day one no matter if they like the genre or not or have any intention of playing.
What struck me most about buying those 2nd hand 3DS games the other day was the save files.
Bravely Default had a 19 hour save on it, which is hardly finished but decent.

Ever Oasis
Lvl 1 00:23
Lvl 4 01:16

Dragon Quest 7
lvl 2 01:45

But the same dude

Dragon Quest 8
lvl 3 01:00

Breh, you hardly played DQ7 why the hell would you buy DQ8  :lol
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9030 on: April 14, 2023, 03:29:03 PM »
Octopath Traveler 2

Who about what? I have no clue what Chained Echoes even is. That should tell you how much of a hype these games have.

Indie 16-bit style RPG that was one of the highest ranked games of 2022.

I still haven't played it (waiting for a physical) but anyone in any sort of RPG community has heard countless people evangelizing it. To the point it became tiresome even for someone who likes this.
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9031 on: April 14, 2023, 04:14:59 PM »
I've seen a lot of youtubers cover Chained Echoes calling it the next Xenogears or whatever. It seems like a great game. Sea of Stars is also getting tons of pre-release coverage.
Even small upstart RPG YouTubers easily get 20k followers within weeks, which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but enough to support their channels and gain traction to grow.

Octopath II was hurt not being a Nintendo exclusive because Nintendo would've put in more marketing effort (especially in the EU).

These type of RPG's usually sell pretty well, not huge million seller Nintendo levels but enough to be very profitable (considering the low development costs). One clear sign is the Trails series, which is doing fantastic compared to when it originally released.
The Atelier games are getting a reprint with the release of Ryza 3. Which is also a series gaining popularity.

I think Square Enix shot themselves in the foot with so many games released in such a short time span though. Many RPG publishers don't seem to realize that there's a lot of overlap between fanbases and franchises.
Most people interested in Octopath II were probably still deep into Fire Emblem Engage when it released. A physical release is also important, RPG players are old school and collectors (obviously).
Not doing a physical release of MegaMan Battle Network in Europe certainly hurts sales.

Steam played a big role in this too, making many of these RPG's much more accessible. MegaMan Battle Network Vol 1. is currently the 8th global top seller on Steam with Vol 2. listing at 24.
If you consider it's just a collection of a bunch of upscaled GBA ROMs that's an impressive showing. Currently ahead of Resident Evil 4 even. 

🤴

Svejk

« Reply #9032 on: April 19, 2023, 09:41:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1648677630202511361

Shit's only gonna ramp up more when FFXVI drops. 
Just wait till Bloodborne and MGS Remakes get revealed.  :umad

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9033 on: April 19, 2023, 02:45:47 PM »
I'm waiting for them to remaster The Last of Us a third time.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9034 on: April 19, 2023, 04:05:45 PM »
Is it time for a God of War Reboot reboot?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9035 on: April 22, 2023, 07:04:52 AM »
Quite remarkable how Switch continues to beat expectations both on the software and hardware side.
https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/1649635400657297408
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #9036 on: April 22, 2023, 11:19:02 AM »
Sold out?  It wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately cut physical production to prompt that.  Plus to push/manipulate more digital sales.  Still, pretty cool to see gba games sell so well this day and age.  Glad Capcom went thier own collection route rather than letting Nintender shit it out, peanuts and all, on their online jank.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9037 on: April 22, 2023, 02:32:38 PM »
Sold out?  It wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately cut physical production to prompt that.  Plus to push/manipulate more digital sales.  Still, pretty cool to see gba games sell so well this day and age.  Glad Capcom went thier own collection route rather than letting Nintender shit it out, peanuts and all, on their online jank.
I don't think they expected this to hit the top of the charts but it did.

It's probably some folks importing copies to Europe (where it has no physical release) but there is more buzz surrounding the game than you would expect, especially because it's landing right between Resident Evil 4: Remake and Tears of the Kingdom.
With that said Ryza 3 also did quite well to the point where there might be a reprint of the first 2 games. It seems like the Switch has build on the trend set by the 3DS that not just Nintendo software sells on Nintendo systems.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9038 on: April 24, 2023, 02:39:47 PM »
I think Microsoft really underestimates how much GamePass kills the gift, birthday present and impulse buy sales.

https://twitter.com/IconEra_/status/1650444672387493888
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9039 on: April 24, 2023, 03:19:00 PM »
I think Microsoft really underestimates how much GamePass kills the gift, birthday present and impulse buy sales.

https://twitter.com/IconEra_/status/1650444672387493888
That's gotta hurt when you own the franchise
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9040 on: April 25, 2023, 04:48:23 PM »
In todays episode of fuck around and find out

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1650954341807714311
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9041 on: April 25, 2023, 06:19:44 PM »
Ryza 3 is the fastest selling in the series
https://twitter.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1650507272093573120
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9042 on: April 27, 2023, 09:27:38 AM »
Microsoft topping the Japanese charts last week :rejoice

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

[NSW] Minecraft Legends (Microsoft, 04/18/23) – 13,490 (New)
[NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Nintendo, 02/24/23) – 7,658 (392,645)
[NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet (The Pokemon Company, 11/18/22) – 7,527 (4,998,901)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 7,416 (5,250,971)
[NSW] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (Capcom, 04/14/23) – 6,342 (58,717)
[NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 6,039 (3,991,533)
[NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 5,838 (3,112,005)
[NSW] Cuphead (Superdeluxe Games, 04/20/23) – 4,085 (New)
[PS4] Resident Evil 4 (Capcom, 03/24/23) – 3,860 (124,496)
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 3,789 (1,060,179)

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

Switch OLED Model – 39,763 (4,254,463)
PlayStation 5 – 33,572 (2,899,698)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 8,183 (471,335)
Switch – 7,674 (19,277,706)
Switch Lite – 4,368 (5,281,338)
PlayStation 4 – 789 (7,866,970)
Xbox Series X – 376 (184,959)
New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 137 (1,191,421)
Xbox Series S – 112 (251,538)
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9043 on: April 27, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »
PlayStation 5 – 33,572 (2,899,698)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 8,183 (471,335)
"PlayStation has the biggest sales combined, no one wants to play Zelda at 30fps on a baby screen."

Switch – 7,674 (19,277,706)
Switch Lite – 4,368 (5,281,338)
"Two can play that game gaijin"

Xbox Series X – 376 (184,959)
"Arigato Japan, this is the biggest year of Xbox and we're seeing incredible momentum in the Japanese market outselling Nintendo's most popular handheld device by almost 200% and we're also the biggest third party publisher on Nintendo platforms"

Xbox Series S – 112 (251,538)
"I see only very small year for very small Xbox"
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9044 on: April 28, 2023, 05:26:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1651837225938857984

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There weren't any "new" games to buy
[close]

They probably haven't finished Elden Ring yet
[close]
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9045 on: April 28, 2023, 08:18:56 PM »
Absolutely the worst video game generation ever. The fact that people are buying these trashboxes is really concerning.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9046 on: April 29, 2023, 05:37:45 AM »
Absolutely the worst video game generation ever. The fact that people are buying these trashboxes is really concerning.
Considering the state of the GPU market and PC gaming it's not weird that they just buy better hardware.

It's funny though, I was excited about the Xbox Series X when I bought it right after Christmas 2021. The Xbox One X was already much improved over the Xbox One and it seemed like Microsoft was on the right track again.
The Switch on the other hand, I waited until Splatoon 2 dropped in case it flopped again like the Wii U and I already had BOTW on the Wii U.

Now the Switch evolved into something special. Tons of great new releases and Nintendo has been killing it with all their big IP's and growing others like Metroid, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Meanwhile the Xbox Series X seemingly got worse over time. Especially when it comes to missing out on big new games like Final Fantasy 16 and Silent Hill 2 or even performance. Add in the fact that games got more expensive (70 - 90 Euro, instead of the usual 50 - 60 Euro) and it's a recipe for disaster. The saving grace, the big slate of Xbox first party titles are nowhere to be seen or are dissapointing. HALO Infinite was a fun game but not the ground breaking new HALO or return to form we had been waiting for. Classic franchises like Perfect Dark and Fable are announced but never released. It also doesn't help that publishers like Ubisoft completely dropped the ball. Something I also enjoyed was the great backwards compatibility but they ended adding new titles to that too. The PS5 has many of the same problems but at least has more big exclusive games and the library seems to be growing at a steady pace. It's also getting basically all the third party Switch/PS4 games.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9047 on: May 01, 2023, 01:09:53 AM »
In todays episode of fuck around and find out

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1650954341807714311

I feel like they're likely leaning on this to make cutbacks, despite the pandemic accounting for an unnatural and brief growth surge in game sales and the general staying-the-fuck-home movement.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9048 on: May 09, 2023, 08:14:06 AM »
Nintendo dropped their results. Despite Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime and even Bayo 3 crossing a million in sales Switch has slowed down.

https://twitter.com/vooksdotnet/status/1655834301966221314

No new hardware expected for another 12 months it seems.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #9049 on: May 09, 2023, 08:46:36 AM »
Nintendo dropped their results. Despite Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime and even Bayo 3 crossing a million in sales Switch has slowed down.

https://twitter.com/vooksdotnet/status/1655834301966221314

No new hardware expected for another 12 months it seems.
I think at this point, it'd be best they hold off until this supposed Phase 2 of current gen that's about to get going, starts losing it's momentum.  A full-on successor would be WAY more appealing than the yuckitty yuck mid-gen upgrade reveals.  As long as Nintendurrr doesn't shoot themselves in the foot and not allow BC, it should have no problem to continue riding the switch wave.

Now if PS and XB pull out some surprise hand held guns on par with the upper decker, a new handheld war will wage strong.  With GP and PS+, the libraries are both already a powerhouse of content.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9050 on: May 09, 2023, 09:32:42 AM »
MS is heavily invested in the ROG Ally, I bet Nintendo is watching that closely to see how it performs. Sony and Nintendo seem to be less in competition these days. They don't seem to mind the popular Switch + PS5 combo.

Overall I agree that the ship for a Switch Pro has sailed and a new system needs to be a significant upgrade. With regards to the Switch I think there's still some gas in the tank as software sales are still very strong and even niche titles like Ryza 3 are selling well.
Advance Wars 1+2 has consistently charted high on the eShop also.

The best direction for Nintendo is to just keep pumping out software and make up hardware revenue with other ventures like the movie and theme park. If their margins allow it they should also do some price drops and more agressive sales. Another thing that would help is reprints and repackaging, plenty of early Switch games and Collectors Editions that have since gotten more popular sequels are hard to find now.

With a little effort they can expand the audience for series like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Metroid and perhaps even F-Zero into the next generation.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9051 on: May 10, 2023, 08:55:08 PM »
The day the Switch drops in price, you can mark my words that the Switch 2 will be announced within 3 months.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9052 on: May 14, 2023, 02:16:39 PM »
Wonder if Nintendo will release launch numbers next week.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1657744833539375104
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9054 on: May 17, 2023, 10:01:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1658819692553809921

"... and I see it out there, I see commentary, that if you just build great games everything would turn around" - Phil Spencer

Elden Ring sold 20 million since launch, God of War did 10 million in 3 months, Hogwarts Legacy did 12 million in 2 weeks and is now at 15 million.

TOTK did 10 million in 3 days.

Fastest selling Nintendo game in the United States, ever.

🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9055 on: July 02, 2023, 06:09:42 AM »
where are the sales? I might buy a switch because of the new 2D mario game. I still haven't attempted emulation because I don't want to buy a controller to see if it works on my crap pc  :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9056 on: July 27, 2023, 10:35:43 AM »
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

[NSW] Pikmin 4 (Nintendo, 07/21/23) – 401,853 (New)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Nintendo, 05/12/23) – 15,616 (1,775,035)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,749 (5,385,022)
[NSW] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Awakening (Koei Tecmo, 07/20/23) – 10,633 (New)
[PS4] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Awakening (Koei Tecmo, 07/20/23) – 10,434 (New)
[NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,512 (3,200,000)
[NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 6,337 (4,066,350)
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 5,784 (1,131,645)
[PS5] Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix, 06/22/23) – 4,904 (401,376)
[NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 4,844 (5,239,500)

Pikmin 4 > Final Fantasy 16
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #9057 on: July 27, 2023, 11:13:33 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #9058 on: July 27, 2023, 11:21:13 AM »
Meanwhile, PS5 just surpassed 40 mil, making Astrobot hit over 40 mil, being the most played PS5 game... surpassing BOTW (Switch and WiiU combined) 29 mil, and Mario Odyssey at 26 mil, in less than half the time frame..

Astrobot > Everything else  :betty
Except Dragon's Dogma  8)
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9059 on: July 27, 2023, 12:58:22 PM »
Pikmin openings in Japan:

Pikmin 1 (GC, 2001) - 101,299
Pikmin 2 (GC, 2004) - 161,930
Pikmin 3 (WiiU, 2013) - 102,188
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch, 2020) - 171,349
Pikmin 4 (Switch, 2023) - 401,853

stonks
©@©™