Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1203307 times)

Himu

Each class has four dancer portraits. That's not the only dancer.

IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Nobody uses Dancer in EO, anyway. Just buy it, they rock.

re: Censorship in BD, also a non-issue.

You aren't playing these games outside, anyway. It's just numbers and stats and grids.
fat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
So do we get English DQ7 now

Himu

Hahahaha
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

175k < 3ds + vita < 180k

Holy shit

Tasty

175k < 3ds + vita < 180k

Holy shit

So do we get English DQ7 now

I'm gonna say no.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
Japanese developers are: mobile

Line is the game hub we've all been dreaming about all these years!

LINE... is the new Amiga!

O=X

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I bought Atelier Escha and Logy, so I'm helping.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
No you're not
fat

Rahxephon91

neogaf ps4 stans are unbearable acting as though infamous and mgs prologue cancel out titanfall
Maybe not sales, though I wonder really how big Titanfall is going to do, but I'm not sure what makes the game so much better then Infamous. I played the PC beta of Titanfall, it was ok. Not some game changer the media seems to be pushing(not even the only one who's mentioned the manufactured hype). Inafmous has been a solid series and SS looks decent. Personally I would like some actual good single player games right now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:20:54 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

Gonna deliberately ignore the stupidity of the last two pages...

Anyways, I wonder how that Pokemon number compares to the other games'  fifth months... gut feeling is that it's lower, but I guess 130k after five months is still pretty good.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Comparing those two games is like comparing apples and oranges. Infamous is only hyped because Sonytards need ammo

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername

175k < 3ds + vita < 180k

Holy shit
I don't get it.  Are they both bombing, or is one platform selling about 37X the other(and should still be doing better)?

Rahxephon91

It isn't ignorance. I know exactly what's out there. I'm so sorry not everyone wants to spend 50 dollars on a fucking Vanillaware beat em up (and I love beat em ups), Gust games, Tales games that AREN'T as good as Vesperia, and more FF13 drek. I bought Dark Souls, I'm getting Dark Souls 2 albeit on pc. This isn't about ignorance. This is about me have far more select taste you. I don't buy everything; I never have bought everything. I buy what I like and I've supported every single bit of the jrpgs that hit that I do like. I even bought Dragon Quest Vi and Radiant Historia when my ds broke and I was ds-less! You can check your mollycoddling tone at the door.
Thank god I don't have it. I like to actually enjoy games.

But whatever I don't care what you personally like or want to play. You wanted to say jrpg fans in general have been starved...

SMT4 did well for itself and it came out in summer. The time period doesn't matter. The jrpg fanbase just wants quality jrpgs; we are starved.

....and that it was dumb for me to say the jrpg fandom is stupid because they ignored console games like RoF and that they are now even more starved.

The point is right now there have been and will be plenty of jrpgs on consoles that are arguably good that fans shouldn't be "starved". Sorry that you are. I'm not and don't even need handhelds to play good jrpgs.

Comparing those two games is like comparing apples and oranges. Infamous is only hyped because Sonytards need ammo
Yes and probably. But I'd like to believe Infamous will be actually a good game. This is no Lair are Heavenly Sword Redux. Infamous will hopefully just be a solid game, just not some big "console validating" game. Then again I fail to see how TitanFall is that for the xbone. Seems like that also has been overhyped.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:32:22 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Rahxephon91

Thank god I don't have it. I like to actually enjoy games.

i mean, unless the wrong toy manufacturer has their name on the device playing it.  then you'll try your absolute hardest to not enjoy it.
And if it's on a phone. Don't forget that.

And you don't have to try to not enjoy a Nintendo handheld. They make it pretty easy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:27:38 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Rahxephon91

I played Theaterrhythm on my ios device.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Thats pretty bad though.

Almost half of the games I finished this year so far have been on mobile.

Rahxephon91

yeah, gauging the mobile gaming market by square's port of theatrhythm is a bit like gauging the console market by lords of shadow 2.

hey rahx, why don't you have an android if you don't care about phone games?  i can't think of any other reason to recommend an ios device over an android aside from the app store itself.  it's inferior in pretty much every other way.
I'm not gauging the mobile gaming at all. I've just played the demo because it was free. I don't even know what games are on the ios and I don't really care.

I don't actually care about cell phones. Is an andriod better then an iphone? I wouldn't know because I have so little interests in cell phones.  I have an iphone, because that's the phone my family got and that's the one they gave me. They've had iphones since I guess the things came out and they upgrade it seems on a yearly basis or whenever thier contract allows them to upgrade.  They just have them because they were the cool things to have and they've gotten so use to how they work so I guess they don't want to switch. I don't even have a new iphone, I have my sisters hand me down 4G I guess so she could get an upgrade to the 5 whatever. Is 5 better then 4? I don't know. I hardly know what the 5 does. It took me forever to even press the button to upgrade to whatever the new ios is.

I use my phone to of course make calls, txts, browse the internet, and for the train schedule. That's it. I don't even have many personal apps(maybe 1 or 2) on the thing. The iphone does what I want and so I have very little reason to switch. If I switched I probably would be so confused and not know how to use the thing.

I don't even know my own cellphone number.

I have no interests in playing games on my phone because of course I dislike handheld gaming, but also because a cell phone is something I don't really want to interact with that much.  Just browsing the internet is enough for me and that's the only non-phone thing I've ever done on a cell phone.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:00:48 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Fifstar

Don't want to get into the 'what's the definiton of a jrpg' discussion, but why are people calling Dark Souls a jrpg? It's at least as much an action game as it is a rpg, if not moreso.
Gulp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
People used to call Zelda a RPG too.

Fifstar

It's literally impossible to answer that question without getting into the "what's the definition of a JRPG" discussion.  The short answer is some people use the 'J' in JRPG to denote country of origin while others take the term 'JRPG' on the whole to definite a very particular sort of game, with the country of origin not having any role in it.  Mix in genre-blending (are Link to the Past and Secret of Mana the same genre?) and arbitrary personal rules and you have a recipe for any goddam thing being called an RPG or JRPG or action game or whatever.

Yeah, I'm in the second camp there, so my disclaimer was a bit disingenious there. Just didn't want to start another 3 pages of gaf style arguments being thrown around (although this has been pretty much the course of the thread since the new gen start anyways).

Don't want to get into the 'what's the definiton of a jrpg' discussion, but why are people calling Dark Souls a jrpg? It's at least as much an action game as it is a rpg, if not moreso.

It is an RPG game made in Japan by Japanese developers.

>:(
Gulp

archie4208

I hope Dark Souls 2 is the third best selling game in March.  :uguu

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I hope it's the best.

AdmiralViscen

I thought Theatrhythm played and looked a lot better on ios. It was expensive if you bought everything, but that goes for the 3DS version too. And you could just buy like 10 songs and call it a day.

175k < 3ds + vita < 180k

Holy shit
I don't get it.  Are they both bombing, or is one platform selling about 37X the other(and should still be doing better)?

Same month last gen the PSP was like 200k and the DS was like 600k, said someone.

3DS is down YoY and YoYoY as well

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Sony and Nintendo should have released REAL gamephones when mobile was gaining traction.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Im not talking about Ngage or Xperia Play level shitphones, but something good.

They could have had their closed ecosystem and loads of fans would have jumped on board.

archie4208

I hope it's the best.

No chance.

Titanfall >>>>>> South Park >>> DS2

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual

In other news Apple is sitting on millions of unsold iphone 5cs. Mobile fad coming to an end?

Since the 5S, iPad, and numerous Android devices are doing just fine, I'd say no, the 5C was just a misstep and mobile on the whole is fine.  Especially on the software revenue end of things.

You're free to interpret it through your idiot filter as you like, though.

Its probably coming pretty close to hitting a sales plateau, though, at least for tablets. I've noticed Best Buy and other retailers offering $50 off iPad Airs and minis every other week for the past few months, and you never used to see that this soon after release on Apple stuff.

I think Apple's got plenty to worry about in the medium-to-long term.  That's a far cry from the mobile market being screwed as an entity, though.

Sure, I wasn't even implying that. Just talking, is all. It's interesting to me that tablets seem to be hitting that "good enough" point for a lot of people. And I don't blame them. If you have an iPad 4, there's absolutely no compelling reason to get an Air other than weight and size reduction. Performance-wise, it's still going to do 95% of what the Air does just as well. Most people aren't going to care about paying for an upgrade just to shave 1.5 seconds off an app's loading time. Rumors on the tech/tablet sites I read have Apple only updating the Air this year, passing over the Mini, and releasing the "Maxi" 12.9 inch version next year. Other than bumping the RAM to 2GB, I don't see what they even need to update on the Air. It already blazes through every app out there.
sup

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
this place makes more sense now. there's always been this bizarre obsession in the GAF bitching thread with finding the most afflicted of lotion palmed loli lapping degenerates. i mean, it's good sport for sure, but for me they've gradually slipped into the background noise of internet fuckups, like guys who only have sex with workboats and post about in on their tumblr.

i guess when your tastes are similar enough that you can feel their microwaved ramen breath down the back of your neck, the threat becomes much more real and immediate.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Don't tell me you actually read most of the drivel from the last few pages?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Don't tell me you actually read most of the drivel from the last few pages?

i'm a drivel connoisseur. why people are saying things is almost always more interesting than what they are saying.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Can we change Sales Madness in the title to Sales Sadness?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I hope it's the best.

No chance.

Titanfall >>>>>> South Park >>> DS2

I thought we were talking about what we hoped for.

South Park being number 1 would be cool too.

As long as its not Infamous or Titanfall.

archie4208

Yeah but my hopes are realistic.  :wag

And shit I forgot about Infamous.  It comes out near the end of the month so maybe DS2 can eek by it. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
i'm a drivel connoisseur. why people are saying things is almost always more interesting than what they are saying.
Eh.

Eh.

Sometimes, I suppose. Once it stops being surprising it stops being interesting.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Lager-tan  :lol

a slime appears

• retro king
It's going to be pretty funny in 10 years when the hardcore mobile gamers are whining about how the watch gamers are a bunch of stupid casuals that's ruining their game industry.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
It's going to be pretty funny in 10 years when the hardcore mobile gamers are whining about how the watch gamers are a bunch of stupid casuals that's ruining their game industry.

"Look at these stupid kids playing babby games on their Google Glass! I remember when we actually had to hold a screen in our hands!"
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I want in on the matrix head jack beta
yar

cool breeze

"Look at these stupid kids playing babby games on their Google Glass! I remember when we actually had to hold a screen in our hands!"

geriatrics wearing glasses to play games  :derp

a slime appears

• retro king
I was kidding, but it really is going to be like that.

Once we have consumer friendly neural interfaces a good segment of the population is going to whine and bitch about how inaccurate it is over a good old fashioned touch-screen. But it's OK because everyone is going to laugh at the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who play their retro Xbox games with plastic fisher price colored buttons and a twiddly sticks like a bunch of fucking cavemen.

Fuck you Sales thread, you did this.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-17-titanfall-boosts-xbox-one-sales-by-96-per-cent-in-the-uk
The release of Titanfall boosted Xbox One sales by a whopping 96 per cent in the UK compared to the console's sales the previous week.

Respawn's PC and Xbox One shooter is the UK's best-selling game, as expected, and is the biggest release of 2014 so far with more than double the sales of what had been 2014's current leader, FIFA 14, Chart-Track revealed. The Xbox 360 version releases in a couple of weeks.

The eye-catching £399 Xbox One Titanfall bundle, which includes a download token of the game, accounted for over 70 per cent of all Xbox One hardware sold last week.

It should be noted that Chart-Track doesn't track digital sales, but the company confirmed to Eurogamer this morning that sales of the download token from the Titanfall hardware bundle are included in its figures.

Meanwhile, Dark Souls 2 is in second place, and sold 20 per cent more copies than Dark Souls during its launch week.

South Park drops to number three, The Lego Movie holds fast at four, Thief is down to five, FIFA 14 is sixth, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is seven, Call of Duty: Ghosts is down two to eight, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is nine and Battlefield 4 is 10.

Yoshi's New Island entered the chart at 12. It's the third biggest week one for a Yoshi game in the UK, behind Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's Story 64.

PAL Charts - Week 11, 2014:  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104697066&postcount=1

Himu

seems over for ps4

at first i thought you were serious but then i realized you were channeling your inner Third
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Seems PS4 sales went up 72% too this week.

What about Wii U sales you ask?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Himu

the gamecube in the background seems pretty apt in that image. I'm going to photoshop a wii u in there.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Xbone is launching in Tier 2 in September.

Sales gonna be bad imho. Only reason 360 gained some traction in these countries is cause it was a year before the PS3 and a 100 euro cheaper, and even that only gave them max 20% marketshare.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Tier 2: Xbone in Japan :japancry

I'll be stunned if anyone I know locally buys one. Even the 360 fans are wondering why they would want this.

archnemesis

Just in time for FIFA and Call of Duty. The difference between launching in April and September might not be that big.

Third

• BODY TALK
The XO did pretty well, thanks to the pricedrop and Titanfall. But what's next?

Another pricedrop?

Mupepe

• Icon
How do we know it did pretty well? Were any numbers dropped recently or something?

Bebpo

I figure it did well, but I find it really weird that there's been an overall lack of PR MS beating their chest about Titanfall saving the Xbone.  Only thing I even saw was the "hundreds of thousands of players are playing Titanfall on Xbox One!" which people took to mean <500k were playing an online-only game at that point in time.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Germany  :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat

01 (NE) PS3 DARK SOULS II (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
02 (NE) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (NE) 3DS YOSHI'S NEW ISLAND (NINTENDO)
05 (NE) 360 DARK SOULS II (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
06 (09) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
07 (01) PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (02) PC DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (06) PS3 THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
10 (05) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I played Demon Souls and liked it a lot (and finished it)

The structure made it less frustrating then I remember Dark Souls to be, and with a bit of help in getting the right gear early on I was able to have fun.

Takao

PS2 sold more software in Spain last year than Xbox One.

wat

In related news, the games market over there is collapsing.

a slime appears

• retro king
Castlevania brought the ruin to Spain. I give Kojima credit, he sure can butcher an economy as well as he butches a story.

archie4208

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Reaper of Souls does 2.7m in the first week.

D3 vanilla pulled 6.5m

So, approximately 3.8 of those 6.5 million D3 sales were Chinese gold botters

:ohhh
yar

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Have Diablo expansions historically sold on par with the base games?
Unzip