« Reply #1740 on: June 08, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
I love how he did that video totally straight :rofl
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #1741 on: June 09, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »
whelp, they nerfed the royal crypts for gold farming.  guess it's back to unsatisfyingly killing the butcher.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1742 on: June 09, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
whelp, they nerfed the royal crypts for gold farming.

What did they do?
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1743 on: June 09, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
whelp, they nerfed the royal crypts for gold farming.

What did they do?

There's a spot (the beginning of the royal crypts in Act 1, before you have to destroy all the pillars) where there were a shitload of jars of ashes.  If you went through the area with a bunch of gold find gear on (200ish) you could get around 8-10k per trip, and if your wizard had a particular skill (ice armor with a certain rune) you could easily break all of the urns n shit so that a run would take you 90-120 seconds all told.  Do the math, but that was a pretty easy way to get some gold.  Now it's giving about 2-5k per run; not really worth it.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1744 on: June 09, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »
god dammit Blizzard, these regulations are ruining the economy. Not cool bros  :maf

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1745 on: June 09, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »
fixing exploits ruins the economy?  ???
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1746 on: June 09, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »
I think once 1.0.3 hits it won't be a big deal, because ideally I'll be able to, you know, play the game and progress and shit.  Hopefully, I won't get level 51 bracers when I kill the Butcher anymore.  And if I do, then at least I can go kill whatever other packs/mobs I can find and know that I'll get at least one rare drop.

Honestly, as it is now I should be doing one of two things- levelling my staff up to Inferno so that I can get potentially get better drops from pony land and levelling my alts up to 60.  1.0.3 hits week after next, right?
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1747 on: June 10, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
fixing exploits ruins the economy?  ???
it's unconstitutional!

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #1748 on: June 10, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »
it's unconstitutional!

we are the 1% (drop rate)
O=X

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1749 on: June 10, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
Honestly, as it is now I should be doing one of two things- levelling my staff up to Inferno so that I can get potentially get better drops from pony land and levelling my alts up to 60.  1.0.3 hits week after next, right?

remember, you need the Inferno crafting plans, which you can only buy from the vendor in the last quest step of A4 ... Inferno QQ
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1750 on: June 10, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »

remember, you need the Inferno crafting plans, which you can only buy from the vendor in the last quest step of A4 ... Inferno QQ

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I actually made a bunch of money from stuff that I'd been hoarding in my stash.  I'm in the slow, laborious process of upgrading my Wizard's gear- his stuff is pretty good, I'm basically trying to buy pieces that will add resistance where he doesn't have it.  I bought a +150 int/+70 all resist chest piece earlier tonight for about 800k.  :-\  Next up are shoulders and bracers.
yar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1751 on: June 12, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »
萌え~

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1752 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
There was definitely a shit ton of lag that hit the servers a couple of hours ago, I kept dying like a bitch on Nightmare.  :-\

Hope those people enjoy their gold n shit while they can, their accounts are gonna get the hammer.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1753 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:30 AM »
Also, the "community" for this game is a bunch of whining bitches with sand in their vajayjays as far as I can tell.  STFU and play the game, people.  There are seriously people claiming Torchlight 2 is going to be better than this?  :lol

No one wants to hear you bitch about how you think you remember Diablo 2.  Guess what, fuckstick?  The Diablo 2 you remember was after numerous serious patches AND an expansion over a YEAR into the game's life.  No, there's not going to be a hard reset you dumb fucks.  A ladder season would be sweet, however. 

But please, please, please- shut. the. fuck. up.

Obviously, this isn't really directed at anyone here, but every time I make the mistake of checking the general D3 forum, I want to rip my own eyeballs out and fling them at my screen.
yar

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1754 on: June 12, 2012, 06:25:07 AM »
They're the same people who say any MMO isn't as polished as WOW is, when they obviously weren't playing in 2004/05 with loot lag, constant server restarts, mismatched item sets and massive queues.
itm

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1755 on: June 12, 2012, 07:28:19 AM »
i have a coworker who can't beat the game on normal.

i am so so amused
Tonya

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1756 on: June 12, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Started up with a Demon Hunter. Ranged combat is a whole other animal. I keep forgetting to hold shift. I'm going to try and finish act I tonight.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1757 on: June 12, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »
RMTAH is up! SELL YO GEAR, SELL YO WIFE
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #1758 on: June 12, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
Started up with a Demon Hunter. Ranged combat is a whole other animal. I keep forgetting to hold shift. I'm going to try and finish act I tonight.

Tip for DH.

Change attack without move (shift) to space. This makes it more comfortable to hold the button while also hitting your 1-4 abilities on kb. Put thumb on space, pinky on 1 all the way to index on 4.
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1759 on: June 12, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1760 on: June 12, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
:rofl
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1761 on: June 12, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
brb, placing call to Newport European Motorcars Ltd.
乱学者

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1762 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Buying a $250 item in a $60 game. This is the real life

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1763 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »
Any thoughts on how this will impact the regular AH, if at all?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1764 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
You know what else is real? The 2012 Lotus Evora IPS.

That car is real as shit.
乱学者

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1765 on: June 12, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »

Tip for DH.

Change attack without move (shift) to space. This makes it more comfortable to hold the button while also hitting your 1-4 abilities on kb. Put thumb on space, pinky on 1 all the way to index on 4.
My finger are already programmed for my ring finger to be on 1 so that seems uncomfortable. can I make it number 5?
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #1766 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
[img width=1024]http://i.imgur.com/lUvv7.jpg[img]

:lol, does WOW have this problem. I'm sure it will settle down in a couple weeks.
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #1767 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

Tip for DH.

My finger are already programmed for my ring finger to be on 1 so that seems uncomfortable. can I make it number 5?

you should be able to make it number 5. try it in the key bind menu.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1768 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »
I'm lazy (and have small hands... yeah yeah yeah, joke away) so I've just bound stand and shoot to z, actions 3 and 4 to x and c, and potion to v.  My mouse has two side buttons that I use for actions 1 and 2.  This way I don't have to reach up for the numbers and can still space bar to close menus n shit.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1769 on: June 12, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #1770 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
How do players get “cash” from real-money auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds go into their Battle.net Balance?
In certain regions, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service such as PayPal to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that sending proceeds to PayPal will be subject to an additional 15% transfer fee if the auction succeeds, calculated based on the amount being transferred. Note that additional fees from PayPal may apply. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house that have been sent to your Battle.net Balance will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. For more information on cash-out availability and methods, see the Functionality section of this FAQ.

Holy shit

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1771 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Haha, you're looking at like 33% in fees then?  Fuuuuuck.
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1772 on: June 12, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
33% ?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1773 on: June 12, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
:rofl

Good luck with that

etiolate

« Reply #1774 on: June 12, 2012, 04:53:02 PM »
So you either get fucked over in fees or you decide to respend all your RMAH proceeds back on Blizzard related goods and RMAH items.

It's cheaper to sell gear at a high price, since it's a flate rate of $1. So charging higher on gear doesn't hurt you until you try to access that money as your own personal cash. Selling something at $5 is only a $4 gain, and then less once you try to cash out. So this encourages people to sell high.

Commodities like gold become 33% fees once you try to access it as cash. 15 + 15 from Blizzard,  + 3 from Paypal.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:01:58 PM by etiolate »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1775 on: June 12, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
Valve wins again

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1776 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

33%  ???
乱学者

etiolate

« Reply #1777 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:50 PM »
33% is for commodities (stackable items). It's 18% + $1 for equipment. Both totals are for cashing out.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1778 on: June 12, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
Ah. Well, X cash or X+30% store credit is hardly new math. That's just how the secondhand market works! :spin
乱学者

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1779 on: June 12, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
:lol and here's me thinking I'd pick up some sweet items for a couple dollars. I don't think I'd buy anything on there now anyway, I'm happy playing a new character through again and until you get to inferno the game's not all that hard since the AH is pretty cheap up until inferno gear.
◕‿◕

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1780 on: June 12, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »
that pic is nothing compared to

AMC

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1781 on: June 12, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »
I don't know how to read that UI.

- Are those dollars?
- Is that grid, like, hat shape x elemental property?
- What's the small number? Is that how many hats you get?
乱学者

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1782 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
Yes.
Yes.
Not sure, but I imagine that's how many of that hat there are.

AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1783 on: June 12, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »
Yeah, sorry.  Additional 15% to cash out and then on average (depending on your type of account with the fuckers) paypal fee of about 3% on top of that.
yar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1784 on: June 12, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »
PRESS 'BUY' TO WIN!
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1785 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
lololololol apparently Blizz created an "input limit" for new games within an hour to cut down on people who were farming goblins or haedrag's wife or whatever. 

Every time someone comes up with a way to get a bunch of cheap gold/magic items Blizzard comes in with the nerf.  I wouldn't mind if clearing levels and farming packs/mobs didn't get me a bunch of shitty level 51 drops, you assholes.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I haven't actually used this method but let me just pour one out for my dead homies in the Royal Crypts right now, RIP 200k+ an hour.
[close]
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1786 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind if clearing levels and farming packs/mobs didn't get me a bunch of shitty level 51 drops, you assholes.

EXACTLY. Unless you're grinding 6-7 hours a day, you're not even getting anything worth your time.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1787 on: June 12, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »
Caveat- I *did* get a 830ish dps yellow wand to drop from a treasure goblin I managed to kill in Act 3 inferno earlier today, so my wizard was pretty fucking stoked about that.  I also sold the legendary ring that I got weeks ago (130ish int, 100+ vit, 14% IAS% and some other shit) for 8 million gold, which I then used to buy boots, another ring and save about 3 million.  Then I noticed that somehow my life went from about 24k to 17k :lol  fuuuuuuuck
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1788 on: June 12, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »
lololololol apparently Blizz created an "input limit" for new games within an hour to cut down on people who were farming goblins or haedrag's wife or whatever.

Same thing they did with WoW. You could only enter say 4 instances in an hour. The only way to get around it was to make a "new" group by inviting a different player and entering the instance with your "new" group.
itm

pilonv1

« Reply #1789 on: June 13, 2012, 02:18:31 AM »
On another topic, has anyone tried any public games? My barbarian is getting to a point where soloing nightmare is annoying (elite mobs + fire chain + shield etc..) but I'm scared of grouping with plebes.
itm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1790 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:46 AM »
I remember there being concern about public games opening you to potential hacks/account loss, dunno if that's still the case. There are enough Borios playing to help you most likely

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1791 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:20 AM »
On another topic, has anyone tried any public games? My barbarian is getting to a point where soloing nightmare is annoying (elite mobs + fire chain + shield etc..) but I'm scared of grouping with plebes.

Where you at in Nightmare?  I've got my barb to about a 1/3 of the way through Act III I'd say in nightmare. 
yar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1792 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »
nah, think i overpriced stuff   :'(
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1793 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:20 AM »
Do you have to pay in order to sell stuff?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1794 on: June 13, 2012, 06:07:06 AM »
Do you have to pay in order to sell stuff?

No, they take a certain amount if your stuff actually sells.
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1795 on: June 13, 2012, 08:18:45 AM »

Where you at in Nightmare?  I've got my barb to about a 1/3 of the way through Act III I'd say in nightmare. 

End of Act II. Only really have issues with the elites who can shield themselves but I sense it will get much worse very quickly.
itm

Brehvolution

« Reply #1796 on: June 13, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
I can't believe they put a higher priority on the RMAH over player profiles. Good jon Blizz...
©ZH

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1797 on: June 13, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

aww yeah
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1798 on: June 13, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »
that's gas money, not bad  :o

I have some legendary gloves, gonna see what they're worth

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1799 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »
Changed my battletag because, you know, caulklord is kind of juvenile even for me.  Triumph#1211 now if anyone is confused.
yar