Author Topic: Game  (Read 336247 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #1860 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Apparently non 60 characters aren't earning any XP.

to encourage build diversity some characters will be stuck at 54 forever
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1861 on: June 19, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »
Apparently non 60 characters aren't earning any XP.

to encourage build diversity some characters will be stuck at 54 forever

Well that's one way to make all the lv54 gear that drops in Inferno worthwhile. brb AH time!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1862 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »
I think Legendaries that have already dropped aren't going to be buffed.

Correct.

existing legendaries will not be buffed
Great sadness.

Well at least they will be buffed in the future so new legendary set stuff *may* once again be something I look forward to finding in a Diablo game

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1863 on: June 19, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
Really, the armor and stuff is fine, it's just basically (ALL) of the weapons that suck.
yar

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1864 on: June 19, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Sounds like I shouldn't bother logging on until they fix the XP stuff then?
itm

archie4208

« Reply #1865 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
Zombie Bears pathing is broken and won't be fixed until 1.04.  :piss2

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1866 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
And a major SMH @ the asswipes ddos'ing him

even worse is Bashiok from Blizzard:

(Image removed from quote.)

This is how you respond to a significant community achievement? Oh games industry.
zzzzz

pilonv1

« Reply #1867 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

I was about to roll a WD too :(
itm

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1868 on: June 19, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »

Yeah with less AS and no zombie bears sounds like WDs are pretty pointless in inferno. On the other hand Monks are coming up in the world :D
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1869 on: June 20, 2012, 03:25:20 AM »
Whats the nerf?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1870 on: June 20, 2012, 05:10:47 AM »
Whats the nerf?

...this is incredibly vague.  There's all sorts of shit that just got nerfed.  Be more specific or go read the 1.0.3 patch notes. :P
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1871 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:04 AM »
Moved to a +crit % build with my barbarian tonight. Was steamrolling through Act III and the start of Act IV Nightmare. Have 19% crit now and +10% extra when my Revenge rune procs. And Revenge is usually up constantly during elites/bosses, so it's just a matter of having enough fury left to spam it constantly.
itm

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1872 on: June 20, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
Moved to a +crit % build with my barbarian tonight. Was steamrolling through Act III and the start of Act IV...

:o

...Nightmare.

:-\
乱学者

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1873 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
Game is way easier now that there's no damage bonus from monsters in co-op.
zzzzz

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1874 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:44 PM »
Moved to a +crit % build with my barbarian tonight. Was steamrolling through Act III and the start of Act IV...

...Nightmare.

Haha, having a "build" in Nightmare. Just throw on whatever trash in laying around.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1875 on: June 20, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
Yeah, you don't really have to start thinking about shit until the last half of Hell, really.  Until then it's wheee mode!

:shh of course, you could NOT USE THE AH like some people ( :maf) to artificially make the game more difficult for you, I guess. :P
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1876 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
Poor pilonv. I'm not that far ahead of you, dude, don't worry!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I haven't thought about builds, though.
[close]
AMC

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1877 on: June 20, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Oh man Attack speed got a MAJOR nerf. wtffff blizzzz

I just dinged 54 and it seems Zombie Bears have bugged pathing now  :gloomy :gloomy :gloomy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:09:50 PM by Premium Lager »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1878 on: June 20, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »
> unlocks zombies
> "they don't walk right!"
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1879 on: June 20, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »
It's incredible, it's almost like if everybody stacks something and it's too good it will get nerfed or something.  That darned Blizzard, they didn't warn us weeks in advance or anything!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't fuck with my crit chance/dmg  :-\
[close]

yar

Himu

« Reply #1880 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »
Anymore new DH nerfs
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1881 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »
Anymore new DH nerfs

You mean other than attack speed? :P
yar

Himu

« Reply #1882 on: June 20, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
you gotta be shitting me
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1883 on: June 20, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
you gotta be shitting me

Nope!  Read the 1.0.3 patch notes.
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1884 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »

...Nightmare.

:( let me enjoy it while I can. I'm no longer having issues with elite packs so it's working for now.
itm

naff

« Reply #1885 on: June 20, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
So keen to see how shit my already shitty DPS is with the new patch (I was 16k and still getting boned in Act II). Haven't had time the last few days, but I was running like 50% AS before :lol Didn't bother selling shit because it wasn't worth jack. Got a text from a friend yesterday, who knew the patch was coming but must've not known the extent of it, his DPS was cut by 10k. Seems like such a knee jerk reaction from Blizz, gotta admit I'm pissed about the fix they went with not to mention the unintentional WD fuckups. It's amazing that a company with so much money, resources and experience still make so many fuck ups.
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1886 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
A guy I know just spent a ton of money buying IAS equipment on the real money auction house a few days ago. :lol
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:13:00 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

naff

« Reply #1887 on: June 20, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
:lol poor dude. Yeah, it must be pretty frustrating if you're not some nerdlinger that reads the forums/follows the D3 media in some way
◕‿◕

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1888 on: June 21, 2012, 01:51:31 AM »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1889 on: June 21, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »
:lol poor dude. Yeah, it must be pretty frustrating if you're not some nerdlinger that reads the forums/follows the D3 media in some way

HEY   :-\
yar

naff

« Reply #1890 on: June 21, 2012, 04:39:13 AM »
Yeah, I was also being self deprecating  :'(

Gone back down to 14k dps. 45% AS now 21% lol, so I should get into crit chance/dmg stuff now?
◕‿◕

pilonv1

« Reply #1891 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »
Don't ask me, I'm only on nightmare :'(

edit: not anymore!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:31:35 AM by pilonv1 »
itm

pilonv1

« Reply #1892 on: June 21, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889189098

So I didn't tell my wife, but I quit my job last week to farm and sell on the RMAH. Without explicitly stating how much I was making a day - we would have lived VERY comfortably.

However, with the introduction of this new patch I will not be able to farm as fast as I used to due to my damage dropping dramatically. Not only that, but if I do fight things that can be sold - the prices are dramatically decreasing because the itemization is really poor right now. Nobody wants to buy on the RMAH right now.

I will not be able to get my job back and I will not be able to live off the RMAH anymore... Blizzard please fix your game or my life is ruined. My wife will probably leave me.

:rofl
itm

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1893 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1894 on: June 21, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
Everybody's such a whiny ass titty baby.  Middle and latter stages of inferno are actually playable, AND THEY TOLD YOU WEEKS AGO THEY WERE NERFING IAS AND YOU KEPT STACKING IT LIKE A FUCKTARD.  No sympathy.

The one thing I will say is that there are too many useless fucking affixes you can get on your loot.  I basically ran through all of Act 1 last night and waited until I was done to ID my lv 61+ rares.  I got a pair of gloves as my level 63 drop... and let me tell you how stoked I was to see reduced control, +40 dex, thorns, health globe pick up and +2000 life from health globes on those sweet puppies.  :derp
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #1895 on: June 21, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
What's IAS

and how are there lvl61+ rares?  I thought the level cap is 60?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1896 on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
IAS = Increased Attack Speed

The level cap is 60 but there ITEM level cap is 63. A "Requires Level 60 to Equip" item can be iLVL 60, 61, 62, 63. 63 of course being the best.
乱学者

naff

« Reply #1897 on: June 21, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
Last night a friend picked up a pretty killer weapon that would've been good for my monk, better than every comparable weapon on the AH and RMAH with similar stats, yet poorer likes trying to be sold at 100$ :lol it gives me HOPE. First time I've played with anyone doing Act 1 runs and anybodies actually found a piece really worth anything. And I feel a lot more at ease with the massive IAS decrease now. On a perfect rare roll it's still a great stat to have, but they've nerfed it enough that it's not worth solely picking up cheap blue high IAS stuff and rocking inferno.

Gear I've mainly been looking at is +dex (+vit secondary), +crit chance/dmg with attack speed and elite-damage as a bonus if I ever have enough moneys to buy such perfect combos. Life steal is one of my more important weapon stats next to spirit regen but the latter limits to monk specific weapons which are either too pricey or not so good for the price.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:36:16 PM by quietID »
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1898 on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
The AH (gold anyway) is like a wasteland... I'm putting up quality stuff that I've gotten as drops and for several 100k less than the cheapest buyouts and shit is not selling.  Either all the lunatics are right and no one is playing any more (doubtful) or people are really trigger shy after the IAS nerfing to invest in quality shit.  I guess they're thinking "who knows what could get nerfed next" or whatever, maybe they're all broke from repairs, sigh.  I ran through all of Act 1 yesterday and died ONCE (got sandwiched in the Highlands between a beast pack and another with invulnerable minions) and for the entire playthrough my repair bills amounted to 40k or so... this was out of 400k plus that I got from gold drops and selling shitty magical items.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1899 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »

Thoughts?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1900 on: June 25, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »
Some sort of ladder season would be really nice... it's gonna be tough for them to just *poof* away shit that people have spent hundreds of dollars on THROUGH BLIZZARD AS AN INTERMEDIARY however.

I'll be honest, in the past week or so I feel like I've kind of lost some interest... I got my Barbarian to 60 today, spent some gold on the AH to better kit him out and gave him a few things I'd farmed with my Wizard too and just didn't really feel any urgency to finish up with Act IV Hell... Getting a character to 60 is I guess still kind of cool, I think in the next couple of weeks I'm probably gonna try and level a DH and Monk and also get as many possible cheevos as I can.

What he's 100% right about is that the "endgame" feels stagnant.  I probably could beat Inferno post-103 nerf with my wizard and the gear he's got now... I honestly just don't feel any burning URGE to do it.  And while it's cool that lv 62-63 items will drop in Act 1 sometimes now, I don't like that they LESSENED the chances of getting those items in acts 3-4.  I'm not going to pile on about repair costs- everybody is bitching about that and they definitely need to penalize you less for general wear and tear as opposed to dying.  Breaking a log or vase shouldn't add 200 gold to your repair costs.

I also maintain that they need to let you choose at least one affix for lv 10 smithed items.  There are just so many useless fucking affixes that in all honesty they could probably eliminate altogether or at least on lv 61+ items... if it's not int/str/dex, vit, all resist, crit chance/dmg, move speed on boots or IAS you really don't fucking want it.  Increased gold pick up and thorns?  Fuck that shit.  Every time I'm id'ing a lv 61+ rare I get this strange mixture of hope and pre-disappointment.  It's kinda sad.
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1901 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
There are just so many useless fucking affixes that in all honesty they could probably eliminate altogether or at least on lv 61+ items...

They should make a "class recipe" with higher mat costs that guarantees you get 1-2 affixes that benefit your class. Just something to make the smithing worth a damn.

I'm up to level 54 and Act II Hell with my Barb and it's starting to get really annoying. I'm not making money because if repair costs since every mob I seem to meet is arcane. Last night I got Arcane Plagued Vampiric something right as I entered a new dungeon level, couldn't move anywhere without taking massive amounts of damage.
itm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1902 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
There are just so many useless fucking affixes that in all honesty they could probably eliminate altogether or at least on lv 61+ items...

They should make a "class recipe" with higher mat costs that guarantees you get 1-2 affixes that benefit your class. Just something to make the smithing worth a damn.

I'm up to level 54 and Act II Hell with my Barb and it's starting to get really annoying. I'm not making money because if repair costs since every mob I seem to meet is arcane. Last night I got Arcane Plagued Vampiric something right as I entered a new dungeon level, couldn't move anywhere without taking massive amounts of damage.

You're gonna want to stack all resist (to all elements), it helps a lot. Also War Cry will raise your resists and armor significantly. I got through Hell on cruise control by stacking vitality though

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1903 on: June 25, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
Yeah, before I hit 60 just now with my barb my vit was around 50k.  In hell.  I've pretty much just gone with good LOH weapons and +vit shit for my barb for all of Hell and haven't had to do anything other than just mow shit down.  It's even grosser now that I hit 60 because I had found a lv 63 mace with +200 vit and +900 LOH.  Needless to say I'm using that shit.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1904 on: June 25, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
I maybe died 5-6 times playing hell solo. Just gotta stack vitality and you'll be invincible, especially if you have that ability that gives you armor for vitality

archie4208

« Reply #1905 on: June 25, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
I've given up on D3 for now.  My main class (WD) is a gimped wizard with shitty pets, 1.03 ensures I am likely to lose money in a session due to repair costs and I don't feel like grinding another character to 60 again. 

Maybe patches and/or expansion will fix everything.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1906 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »
now that you guys had your fill of the beta. you can get the real sequel, Torchlight 2.
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1907 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
now that you guys had your fill of the beta. you can get the real sequel, Torchlight 2.

:lol

So laughable
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1908 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:49 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, I'd been stacking STR+VIT or +% of life so far and it had been ok. Been using life steal as well but LOH sounds like it might be a better way to go.

Not having issues with bosses or regular mobs, just the elites with their crazy random abilities.
itm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1909 on: June 25, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

Eh, looks ok

Honestly that upcoming Kickstarter loot game looks better, can't think of the name right now.

archie4208

« Reply #1910 on: June 25, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »
Real talk: I should have traded my TF2 swag for TL2.  The beta was great.  I'll end up grabbing it for $5 during the Steam Christmas sale.

Grim Dawn looks pretty good, too.

Path of Exile has some nice ideas, but the gameplay is pretty trash.

etiolate

« Reply #1911 on: June 26, 2012, 02:03:01 AM »
I enjoyed the Torchlight 2 beta. Engy with a cannon :rock

PD: You're probably thinking of Grim Dawn. Path of Exile's gameplay is just straight d2, and it lacks the hard hitting feel of TL2.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1912 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »
Torchlight 2's biggest problems are that it looks like shit, the first one was pretty bad, and the developer (despite the mindless, drooling assertions of D2 fanthings to the contrary) hasn't made a fucking good game yet.  There are some good ideas there, but I doubt it's even going to start at the same level as D3, which while it's fallen off as far as enjoyment goes I still have logged hundreds of hours into and am confident that as new content gets added will be enjoyable again.  That said, I'm sure I'll end up buying T2 at some point and giving it a whirl; for $20 why the fuck not?

Grim Dawn looks ace however and I can't wait for that shit.
yar

etiolate

« Reply #1913 on: June 26, 2012, 03:37:07 AM »
Pretty sure Torchlight was a good game. The biggest issue with the TL2 beta was the talent tree was lame, but they say they're redoing it to make advancement actually interesting.

Though, to be honest, I think all of them are going to get boring if they don't add more to the feel of combat than clicky-click. That was fine like 10 years ago, but I've played enough online rpgs to know you can do a lot more with combat.

Himu

« Reply #1914 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:22 AM »
Torchlight is boring

Torchlight 2's biggest problems are that it looks like shit, the first one was pretty bad, and the developer (despite the mindless, drooling assertions of D2 fanthings to the contrary) hasn't made a fucking good game yet.  There are some good ideas there, but I doubt it's even going to start at the same level as D3, which while it's fallen off as far as enjoyment goes I still have logged hundreds of hours into and am confident that as new content gets added will be enjoyable again.  That said, I'm sure I'll end up buying T2 at some point and giving it a whirl; for $20 why the fuck not?

Grim Dawn looks ace however and I can't wait for that shit.

Just get Borderlands 2 and we skill loot it up
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1915 on: June 26, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »
Pretty sure Torchlight was a good game. The biggest issue with the TL2 beta was the talent tree was lame, but they say they're redoing it to make advancement actually interesting.

Though, to be honest, I think all of them are going to get boring if they don't add more to the feel of combat than clicky-click. That was fine like 10 years ago, but I've played enough online rpgs to know you can do a lot more with combat.

Well, you and I have very different definitions of a good game, although with your predilection for liking mmorpgs I guess that's kind of a given.  The original Torchlight was a boring, repetitive, uninspired loot game that had bad loot, locations that got boring after 2 hours AND NO CO-OP.  Titan Quest is way better.  Diablo 3 is so much better even with some endgame flaws that it's almost like the two aren't even in the same genre. 

Himu- I'm gonna get Borderlands 2, although I hope there's more gear than just guns.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:03:03 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

pilonv1

« Reply #1916 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Just bought a bunch of cheap gear and the server goes down. Didn't get to retrieve it from my stash :(
itm

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1917 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:43 AM »
Torchlight is boring
Phantasy Star Online 2

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1918 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »
Torchlight is boring

Phantasy Star Online 2

:yuck
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1919 on: June 26, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
Why the yuck? I'm a veteran of PSO, PSOv2, PSOBB and it for sure isnt yuck ito gameplay