Author Topic: Game  (Read 333419 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
WC3 isn't even really worth playing. :P
yar

Himu

Damn.  :P

To be honest, I'm a sucker for Warcraft lore. That was one of my favorite things about WoW.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
guh the story was the worst part of single-player wc3 :lol  the va was working designs-level grating and the in-game cutscene animation was all amateur hour.  they even put in a shit metal song over the credits of the expansion
pcp

Himu

I WAS A TEENAGER OKAY
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
WC3 was fun, especially FFA games. But overall I didn't like the heavy emphasis on spell casters, and eventually heroes got too crazy imo. Still, I had a lot of fun with it and loved the campaign.

SC2 is awesome. I'm not particularly enthused with some of the things they're doing with the first expansion but obviously I'm anticipating it. And as I said earlier, perhaps my biggest problem with Blizzard is the lack of attention to basic shit that could make the game more competitive, not just for pros but everyone. No cross server play, no clan service (which was in WC3...), no ability to restart games after a disconnect (someone has hacked the game to allow this, hopefully Blizzard will do something similar), and a rather baffling approach to race balance that prioritizes big damage/easy access units over skill.

And of course, WoW. Fuck haters, at one point it was untouchable

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

At no point did I care. :smug
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon

At no point did I care. :smug

*secret fist bump of REAL GAMERS PLAYING REAL GAMES*
yar

Phoenix Dark

You missed out. The pve was pretty amazing and given the nerdgasms you guys get over Diablo, I could see you liking it  8)

etiolate

I think my fav Blizz game is Diablo 2. I am not a RTS guy so I never got into SC or WC. I did like Lost Vikings and RnR Racing. I played a lot of WoW, but have a love/hate relationship with it and always felt it was designed to retain subs rather than be great fun.

Phoenix Dark

My favorite Blizz game is definitely Brood War; I played it for a decade basically, and while SC2 is better in some ways I won't be able to say it's ahead of BW until I play it for a few more years.

I was obsessed with WoW for a long time; it was my first MMO which probably impacts my views. I really loved the interactive nature of it, and it helped that I played on a relatively small server.  It felt cool having a player base you went from low levels to max levels with. Back then it felt like your server actually meant something. I loved getting online and having people automatically ask if I wanted to tank something - or likewise, when I saw a friend get online I'd ask if he/she wanted to heal something with me, etc. Or putting together dungeon groups in trade chat and having people invite you based on past performance/reputation.

I miss that feeling in the game. Now, you can just auto que and find a group of people from random servers to do an instance or raid. It seems like the community aspect of servers is dead since no one needs to form groups anymore.

And of course the actual dungeons were fun. I loved the vanilla and BC instances, and didn't start raiding until WOTLK (when I finally had enough time to do it). Naxx, Ulduar, that shit was fun.

I like what I've played of Pandaria, the new zone is amazingly fun. I'm certainly going to buy the expansion, but moreso because I'm always hoping for that old atmosphere to return. With every major patch or expansion, old faces show up briefly only to disappear once the content gets boring, easy, etc. So I'm always hoping for the old gang to re-form.

edit: this post is kind of limp wrist but fuck it, a nicca had to speak his mind
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:21:05 AM by Phoenix Dark »

etiolate

Yes, the community aspect is good. That's why I kept playing until I just couldn't handle how tired the game had become.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
So basically, what you're saying is that you "play" it to have friends.

:smug
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I don't remember any Blizz game that I didn't like.

My first one was Warcraft 2 in 1996 and since then I have not been disappointed once. Diablo 1 was my first online game, and I loved WoW through Vanilla and TBC.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:37:59 AM by Premium Lager »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
All preloaded and ready to go. :pimp
©ZH

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
The Diablo series are the only games I like from blizzard. Don't like Starcraft. Don't like WarCraft. Don't like World of Warcraft. Which is not to say those games are bad or anything. They just don't interest me. Diablo has always been crack for me and hit its high point with Diablo 2. Just playing that beta I don't know if I thought it was brilliant or that it would capture the same feelings but there was a strong sense of nostalgia and addiction there which is more than enough for me.

Hell I'll probably double dip on the console version just to play with some friends on that platform.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Pff seems like I will have to make a specific US char to play with you guys.

Fucking sucks.

Phoenix Dark

I'm gonna get flamed, but I hated Diablo 2 for a long time because all my friends stopped playing BW and Pokemon to focus on it. I played it a few times and it didn't really make an impression on me. It was cool, but it didn't hold my attention. I had a blast with the PVP though

*runs*

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Hey come on, no one will insult you for liking Pokemon more then Diablo 2.

Man, I need a new video card for this but cant afford it.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I'm gonna get flamed, but I hated Diablo 2 for a long time because all my friends stopped playing BW and Pokemon to focus on it. I played it a few times and it didn't really make an impression on me. It was cool, but it didn't hold my attention. I had a blast with the PVP though

*runs*

I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or being serious.

Either way, you're a terrible person.
yar

Himu

*runs*

rofl
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

*runs*

...wat
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

What do you have now?
©ZH

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I played at nearly max with my lowly 8800GT. I'm sure you can get a modern card lower end card for $100 or so that performs better than my 8800GT. I play off a 1400px 4:3 LCD monitor though.
:9

What do you have now?

Ctr-V 'd from my specs

Mac Pro
Processor  2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Memory  4 GB
Graphics  ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB
Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

I was able to play StarCraft2 though.

Himu

that's fine
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Yeah, that's fine. 
yar

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Mannn, you could play this game at some shitty low res mode with no fixings on and still experience searching for day sweet loot
:9

cool breeze

I haven't bought a Blizzard game since Warcraft 3.  How do you buy Blizzard games these days?  Diablo 3 isn't on Steam.  If I buy the retail copy, do I gotta use an external DVD drive to get it onto a laptop?

also, is there cloud saving so I can go between my desktop and laptop?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Blizzard sells all their games digitally on their website. Retail copies activate on their site, too.
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
they don't have diablo 1 :(
pcp

Himu

I haven't bought a Blizzard game since Warcraft 3.  How do you buy Blizzard games these days?  Diablo 3 isn't on Steam.  If I buy the retail copy, do I gotta use an external DVD drive to get it onto a laptop?

also, is there cloud saving so I can go between my desktop and laptop?

www.battle.net
IYKYK

cool breeze

Blizzard sells all their games digitally on their website. Retail copies activate on their site, too.

ok, so I can just buy retail and dump the case in my garage, download onto my laptop.

what about the cloud gaming thing? or because it's all online, is your character just saved online or something?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

ok, so I can just buy retail and dump the case in my garage, download onto my laptop.

:wtf or you could just buy digitally and save yourself the gas
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

what about the cloud gaming thing? or because it's all online, is your character just saved online or something?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all that stuff is tied to your online account.
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
all characters are "in the cloud" a la WoW
乱学者

archie4208

Has Blizzard said how disconnects work in regards to gameplay?  If I d/c will my character linger for awhile or immediately log out?  If my hardcore character dies because of an internet hiccup, I'd be none too happy.

cool breeze

how did it work in the beta?  Is it always on or just at boot?

It's just DRM, right? no heavy data going back and forth, so theoretically I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot if I'm getting the loot withdrawal shakes.

I think I'm the only person who didn't try the beta :fbm

I don't even know what classes are supposed to be good.  From the old videos, Monk looked really cool.

Himu

There was an open beta like two weeks ago
IYKYK

cool breeze

I know, but I wasn't in the country and relied on my crappy netbook at the time.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
It's just DRM, right? no heavy data going back and forth, so theoretically I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot if I'm getting the loot withdrawal shakes.

No, it's not "just DRM." It's a 100% online game, just like WoW or EVE or anything else. It's lower bandwidth than an MMO, but you still probably couldn't phone tether.
乱学者

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I think phone tether would work, I played Diablo beta on a 3G mobile network stick and it was fine.

Brehvolution

That a pretty sweet keyboard.
©ZH

etiolate

blizz fans

smh

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
blizz fans

smh

it looks like he's REALLY excited for Diablo III to come out
乱学者

Himu

they were right. video games DO lead you to a path of satanism!
IYKYK

etiolate

nothing like getting your potion key stuck with the wax of your sacred Riteaid candle

Phoenix Dark

buying Blizzard and Bed Bath & Beyond stock :rock

Brehvolution

Spermagmite
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I have a laptop like, are you gonna play B?. I cant think of anything game related but D3 atm. Just reading interviews and making builds for my soon to be WD.

There are only 2 other games ive been this excited for, Zelda OOT and WoW.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I don't think "excited" is the right word to describe how I feel about this.  "Mildly aroused" is probably a better descriptor.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Himu

the advertising for this game is absolutely amazing. kudos, blizzard. you are doing a lot of great things. I have not seen a game have this much fan fare in years. then again, i ignore call of duty games so maybe that's why? Either way, Blizzard has caught the eye of even some of the non-gamers at my advertising agency.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Himuro that's really cool you say that, Blizzard explained that they wanted this animated short to capture an audience that normally wouldn't know about Diablo.

I think their adverstising campaign has been very good, yet low key compared to the amount of dollars EA/Activision pour into BF3/COD. They achieven maximum exposure with minimum investment.

It helps too, that this is DIABLOOOOOOOO.

Himu

I wouldn't say it's low key. I'm seeing ads for Diablo III all  over.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Oh I dunno, I don't have TV. Plus I haven't seen any ads in the cinema, and COD and BF3 ads are usually there.

Brehvolution

For the commercial, are the cinematics they show what we will see to start the game? Or are they pieces of story we will see as we progress in the game?
©ZH

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Peter Chung has fallen so far :'(

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Lots of D3 ads in polish TV of all places. Last game advertised that heavily (or at all) was FIFA 12 and BF3 from EA.

the Polish VO rulez
乱学者

Is there anyway I can install the game and then buy it when it comes out? I dont want to be caught DL patches and shit when I could be looting.

Also, I havent followed the game at all. Whats the difference between this and Diablo 2?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:57:14 AM by FlameofCallandorReturns »