Author Topic: Game  (Read 333648 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I usually go with a basic melee, so it'd normally be Barbarian, but I'd like to mix it up a bit. Don't know what my second choice would be.
___

Bebpo

So, I haven't played Diablo since D1.  How lost will I be if I pick this up and play it?  I've played a couple of Diablo clones since then that were click click loot loot, cooldowns.  Is D3 going to be pretty straight-forward like those ones?  Also is Diablo one of those games that is like 150 hours long to get to the ending?  Because I don't think I ever finished Diablo 1.  It was pretty long iirc.  I did finish Torchlight though.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Bebpo, you can come click click lewt with the BoreSquad, we'll take care of you.  :-*
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You don't play these for the story or the "ending"
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
So, I haven't played Diablo since D1.  How lost will I be if I pick this up and play it?  I've played a couple of Diablo clones since then that were click click loot loot, cooldowns.  Is D3 going to be pretty straight-forward like those ones?  Also is Diablo one of those games that is like 150 hours long to get to the ending?  Because I don't think I ever finished Diablo 1.  It was pretty long iirc.  I did finish Torchlight though.

it'll take you all of two minutes to get the hang of it.  BUY IT
pcp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
The constant 'will my PC play this' or 'can I deal with this complexity' worries I see from many folks re: Diablo or StarCraft amuse me, I have to say.

Blizzard have spent how many years tuning the fuck out of this? And it had massively broad-based appeal anyway. Sure, you can get to a point where it will be overwhelming. But it's not going to be in even the first 20 hours I bet.
vjj

Bebpo

Sounds like I should pick this up.  I haven't played a Blizzard game since Warcraft II since I don't play MMOs or RTSs, but I do enjoy loot games!

You don't play these for the story or the "ending"

I play every game for the ending  :)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The purpose of getting to the ending in a Diablo game is so that you can restart from the beginning at a higher difficulty.
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Relative to the other games in the genre Diablo is really simple and pickup and play. You will have no issues coming to grips with it. By comparison for instance the Sacred series is harder to pick up.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Bebpo, if you can left-click, you can finish Diablo
乱学者

Bebpo

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
TOOK THE 15TH OFF! BOUGHT A BUNCH OF DR PEPPER 10! I AM READY
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I'll be at work until like 9pm :fbm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

:rock
©@©™

Damian79

bebpo i dont know what you are doign wrong, my dad literally beat Diablo 1 on Nightmare.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore

:rock

It was awesome, I even told people why- my boss came in laughing and was like DUDE YOU caNT TAKE A DAY OFF FOR DIAblO 3!!!! and im like OH YES I CAN BITCH
o_0

Phoenix Dark

Bebpo

bebpo i dont know what you are doign wrong, my dad literally beat Diablo 1 on Nightmare.

I never finished Diablo 1 because I got bored, not because of the difficulty :P  I get tired of dungeon games after about 20 hours of floors.  I like the genre, but I don't love it.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
that'll be me too. It seems incredibly important to you to play one more hour to get that one more thing for a certain amount of time....and then you leave it for a few days due to LIFE and then you realize that it doesn't fucking matter in the least and never touch it again
vjj

cool breeze

I never finished Diablo 1 because I got bored, not because of the difficulty :P  I get tired of dungeon games after about 20 hours of floors.  I like the genre, but I don't love it.

how many have you played? because diablo 1 is a poor reference for the genre, except for torchlight.

Himu

uh

the genre isn't exactly like this
IYKYK

Bebpo

how many have you played? because diablo 1 is a poor reference for the genre, except for torchlight.

Not many, I'll give you that.

I played Diablo 1 in the olden days, and I barely remember anything besides a butcher monster den with gore corpses early on.  I remember playing it for a few a weeks since that was back when I'd only have like 1 game to play for a few months.  It was fun though, great atmosphere and cool loot gameplay.  Very morbid.

Then I played some Record of the Lodoss War on Dreamcast, that was my 2nd experience with diablo-games.  Probably played 4-5 hours over a couple of days and got bored.

Then I played Shining Force Neo on PS2 for a few hours and dug it but didn't feel compelled to get really far.

Then I played Torchlight a year or two ago when it came out and it was really fun and short and I actually finished it after 20 hours.  My first and only game in the genre I felt compelled to complete.  I liked the graphics and hearing it was short made me figure "well, I might as well just finish it since I already sunk 6-8 hours in".

Always wanted to play Diablo 2 & Titan's Quest.  Just never found the time.  D2 came out when I was out of the country so I missed the release window and TQ never got out of the backlog despite that I dig Greek Mythology so it looks like a game I'd enjoy.  I've played a ton of games that have loot and some that are heavily diablo-inspired like Deathspank, but not actually Diablo-style dungeon crawlers.

I like the combat and the loot and the enemies.  Mapping out each floor 100%, getting chests, trying to survive further.  After a certain amount of time though I need a compelling story or something to keep me going instead of just "Oh man, can't wait to get a BIGGER SWORD so that I can fight BIGGER ENEMIES so that I can get an EVEN BIGGER SWORD".  That's fun and addicting like Pilonv1 says, but it's that MMO-ish kind of eternal grind and I play games to finish them and move on to the next one :P 

Damian79

Ah that makes sense.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Did you try Titan Quest bebpo? That's probably a better frame of reference.
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Bebpo it only takes 15/20 hours max to playthrough once :)

Took it off too :rock my gf is brining pizza after work :rock

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But I also have to go to town and take care of some business  :(
[close]

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Downloading the client now :rock
itm

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
I have to wait until after friday to play this game.. by then all the hype will be over  :'(
UNF

FatalT

Just a day and a few hours away now.

Phoenix Dark

GAME Australia texted customers today informing them that they will not be stocking Diablo III and anyone who pre-ordered the game will not receive a refund.

jeez

FatalT

KOREAN ZERG RUSH GOGOGOGOGOG! I hope they don't flood the NA servers when Global Play goes live...

Himu

this is the first collectors edition i've ever wanted
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I canceled my CE Himuro. To me playing at midnight is more important the getting some swag :)

GAME Australia texted customers today informing them that they will not be stocking Diablo III and anyone who pre-ordered the game will not receive a refund.

jeez

Harsh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I'm buying it thursday I cannot play this during the week and end up getting fired for exhaustion

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Okay wait, I know it's really fucking dumb of me to ask now, but this doesnt have stupid region locking bullshit  right?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Nope, BUT you cannot use the same characters cross region.

You have to make separate ones for every region.

Himu

When is Blizzard going to make an original title again?
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

Himu

Doh! I forgot about that.

If they ever make a new Warcraft, I hope it's not an rts. They have SC for that now. I'd love for WC4 to be a full on crpg with multiple race campaigns. :drool :drool :drool :drool And of course with multiplayer ala Baldur's Gate 2 :drool :drool :drool :drool
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:50:47 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Nope, BUT you cannot use the same characters cross region.

You have to make separate ones for every region.
That I can live with. I'lll buy the US version digitally then

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
broke down and bought it.

is there a list of battle.net names anywhere?
Tonya

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Akala: Akala#1908
BluTsunami: BlueTsunami#2247
CajoleJuice: CajoleJuice#1772
Creepy Old Guy: Caulklord#1736
Cormacaroni: Cormacaroni#1948
FatalT: FatalT#1820
Great Rumbler: GreatRumbler#1694
Howar Alan Treesong: Treesong#1905
JoeMolotov: JoeMolotov#1388
Mamacint: Caperman#1973
Momo: Ringosauce#1172
MrAngryface: mrangryface#1946
Phoenix Dark: PhoenixDark #1411
Pilonv1: carloszdwarf#6203
Premium Lager: Monsoon#2669
Stringer Bell: Heemuh #1945
Stony Mason: StoneyMason#1480

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

Eric P: Hespire#1392
Tonya

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

Eric P: Hespire#1392

Van Cruncheon/Drinky Crow: GentrifieD#1183
duc

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
zerohero375#1439
©ZH

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
TEEPO#1409

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Is nightmare difficulty available as a default difficulty and is it feasible to play it that way on the first playthrough? I want a challenge but I also don't want to hit my dick with a hammer constantly.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
No and no.
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
all right, i think i'm gonna break down and trade some things at best buy to get this (+50% trade towards it)

EelOBrian#1445
sup

Bebpo

Should I read up on the plot of the first two games before starting this. 

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
summary:

demons and shit, they drop weapons/armor/money when you kill them
sup

Bebpo

Gotcha.

Did the demons get bigger and badder over time

magus

• LIKES FF7

the plot of the first game is that a big demon called diablo exist and you go kill him!
the plot of diablo 2 is that the big demon called diablo returns along with his brothers with name i can't remember and you kill all 3 of them!

i suspect diablo 3 is about diablo cousins :smug
<----

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Sylar#1498
USA

Phoenix Dark

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

This video contains everything you need to know about the previous Diablo games:

dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Baiano19

Bore: Baiano19
Battle Tag: Baiano19#1288
Region: South America
Class: Witch Doctor

Oh yeah

Brehvolution

Anyone know of a friends list limit"?
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
summary:

demons and shit, they drop weapons/armor/money when you kill them

here ya go.
duc

Phoenix Dark

I just bought the game directly from Blizz. Will it be playable at midnight?