Author Topic: Game  (Read 333478 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Is there anyway I can install the game and then buy it when it comes out? I dont want to be caught DL patches and shit when I could be looting.

Also, I havent followed the game at all. Whats the difference between this and Diablo 2?
http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/589acdb4-c660-318a-b993-01528fad7da6/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

Then when you get the hard copy, just put the CD key in your battlenet account and you are good to go.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Also, I havent followed the game at all. Whats the difference between this and Diablo 2?

"This one goes to three."

乱学者

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Just paid off my pre-order. :rock
©ZH

Akala

• Easy Victor
Lazy. Prob just grab direct from blizz.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Lazy. Prob just grab direct from blizz.

Me too. It's what I did with SC2.
AMC

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
So what classes or characters or whatever the fuck are people liking? I only played the demo once as a sorceror or something. It was cool but don't really have time to spend researching everything properly. I rarely get to play games for more than an hour or two in a row so really don't want to spent that first session just diddling around on the character selection screen.
vjj

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
So what classes or characters or whatever the fuck are people liking? I only played the demo once as a sorceror or something. It was cool but don't really have time to spend researching everything properly. I rarely get to play games for more than an hour or two in a row so really don't want to spent that first session just diddling around on the character selection screen.

The Monk is pretty badass.
AMC

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Will probably go Barbarian, I like smashing things. Monk also sounds awesome though.
itm

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Barbarian - SMASH THINGS
Wizard - BLAST THINGS
Monk - PUNCH THINGS
Demon Hunter - SHOOT THINGS
Witch Doctor - KILL THINGS WITH OTHER THINGS

They are all good. Here's a rough D2->D3 mapping:

Barbarian -> Barbarian
Amazon -> Demon Hunter/Monk
Necromancer -> Witch Doctor
Sorceress -> Wizard
Paladin -> nobody, Paladin sux
Druid -> Monk
Assassin -> Monk/Demon Hunter

I would just think of what your play style is (up close and personal? hang back, DOT, and kite?) and choose a class accordingly

spoiler (click to show/hide)
actually Monk's the best, don't tell anyone :shh
[close]
乱学者

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I shall try Monking, thanks!

Generally I favor varied gameplay over powergaming, so tend to stick to mage-y classes rather than tanks.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I don't even know what DOT or kite mean :lol
vjj

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I don't even know what DOT or kite mean :lol

DOT = Damage Over Time (spell)
kite = run around like Himuro in the park

If you like varied gameplay, I REALLY recommend the Wizard. The caster classes are crazy.
乱学者

pilonv1

DOT - damage over time
kite - shoot something, run away, shoot it again, run away, shoot it again...

I miss the assassin class :(
itm

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
yes i like casting spellz

will Wizard, sorry Cajole
vjj

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

:(
AMC

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
you have like 2 posts to win me back
vjj

Brehvolution

Same here.

My approach is going to be to play the first time through solo on normal and try multi after that. It may take a week or 2 or 3 to get through it.

I want to take each class through Act I and then finish the game with who I feel is the most bad ass.

There is definitely a level of farming. An hour or 2 a day is the perfect time to tend the farm. At least, that's how I'm looking at it going in.

This is my first Diablo game and I'm starting as a Monk. :rock

©ZH

Brehvolution

I just couaght up with the thread and maybe we should have a monk's night out.  :-*
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

:(

Cormac rolling Wizard means he can send you all his Monk gear. Don't get mad - get tradin'!

That was meant as a joke. Cormac: you are sending me your Monk gear.
[close]
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Cormac can look forward to this:
乱学者

Brehvolution

Nooooooooo

We should have a BORE chest. :-*
©ZH

pilonv1

looking forward to 4x Monk on Hardcore
itm

cool breeze

I was planning on playing monk.  Is everyone just going to be monk too  :-\

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
People I like will get access to Uncle Triumph's Item Farm.  I'll go ahead and let everyone know, I'm going to be the psycho nutcase who plays the game for 12+ hours a day and min/maxes as much as possible. 

From getting each class to at least level 10 in the demo, this is what I took away from it:

Demon Hunter- fun class.  Fast as balls.  Iffen you like shootin' shit, this is your choice.
Monk- really versatile, lots of cool aoe attacks and shit like that.  You can totally use weapons too, don't be put off by "oh noes I haz to punch things".
Wizard- I had the most fun playing as this, although I think in the first five or so levels you're liable to have to actually watch your ass as opposed to the other classes.  Once you start to unlock good skills n spells n shit you'll be hollerin' TEN POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR, BITCH! at your screen as you asplode everything in your way.
Barbarian- Awesomely fun.  Watching shit fly everywhere as you wallop the fuck out of it is really viscerally satisfying.  Only caveat is that he's slow as fuck, so if you're playing with a bunch of ranged people enemies can be dead before you get to them, which will turn you into a sad panda.
Witch Doctor- not my cup of tea.  Buffs, debuffs, summons, shit like that.  I've heard that later on in the game this is one of the more OP classes, but I doubt I'll play it tbh.

I plan on starting a monk to tend my farm, but I imagine I'll play a Wizard and Demon Hunter a bunch too.  Might eventually solo as a Barbarian to smash shit.  Can't fucking wait for this game.
yar

Brehvolution

Monk is was what I was going start with for ACT 1. It's what I used in my limited time with the demo.

But, I want to season a barb too just to see which one I feel more comfortable with going forward to multi.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Based on my experience: Monk > Wizard > Witch Doctor > Barbarian > Demon Hunter

That's NOT a power ranking - that's how much I've enjoyed each class and am looking forward to playing it on retail.

Ultimately, they're all good - roll what you want, you'll have a good time.

MonkF, WizM, WitchDocM, BarbF, DemonHunterM. BELIEVE IT!
[close]
乱学者

Brehvolution

Female Monk, eh?

I'll do it.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Female Monk, eh?

I'll do it.

"Excellent."

乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
BORE EXCLUSIVO PROTIP: Take the Scoundrel. No matter what class you're playing, you want the Scoundrel as your follower.
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Wizard- I had the most fun playing as this, although I think in the first five or so levels you're liable to have to actually watch your ass as opposed to the other classes.  Once you start to unlock good skills n spells n shit you'll be hollerin' TEN POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR, BITCH! at your screen as you asplode everything in your way.

Awww yeah.   I was thinking about a Barb or a Monk, but then I played as a Wizard and it was like :hump
©@©™

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
What I like about the Monk is that they are really good at crowd control - not in the "turn someone into a sheep" sense, but in helping to block off chokepoints, teleport enemies, and basically control the "flow" of the battlefield. The other classes feel overpowered; the Monk feels overengineered.

The Barb was WAY more fun than I thought he would be. Instead of the "slow but strong" Barbarian you get the "fast but strong" Barbarian.

Wizard is just like an orbital death cannon. If you like to fuck shit up in JRPGs and giggle as your enemies die in waves and waves, play a Wizard.

Witch Doctor is like your crazy grandpa who dresses kinda funny and you don't have much in common but then one day you find out he killed 47 men back in the War.

Demon Hunter ... I never really "got" the Demon Hunter. They shoot arrows and flippity floppity floo.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:39:03 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

pilonv1

TEN POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR, BITCH!

:lol

I didn't play much of the beta outside of Barbarian because I wanted to keep it fresh for release, but I really enjoyed the barbarian. I think Monk will be my class though
itm

Brehvolution

I'm serious about a BORE chest.

Anything that I can help with, that I can't use, is offered to the BORE first.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
People can feel free to hit me up as I said before, I will be leveling the fuck out of my artisans and will be purchasing as much extra storage as possible.  Eventually I'll probably screw around with the auction house, but I see no reason why any cool borean shouldn't get first dibs.
yar

etiolate

I liked the Demon Hunter. Throw out AOE snares and such. Very mobile.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
People can feel free to hit me up as I said before, I will be leveling the fuck out of my artisans and will be purchasing as much extra storage as possible.  Eventually I'll probably screw around with the auction house, but I see no reason why any cool borean shouldn't get first dibs.

will hit you up for cool wizardin' itemz if i run into any bottlenecks!
vjj

pilonv1

NO SPOILERS BORYS
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
monk is the most boring class, all skills are the same. its like pala in d2

Brehvolution

Can a paladin do this?
©ZH

I'm gonna be a ripped barbarian cause I like being a badass and looking like a badass. Not some hobo Hari krishna.

Himu

yep, from the beta I got that monk was the most powerful class. i liked it and demon hunter equally, though.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
dunno dudes wd id imba imho, highest dps and all

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Spoiler tagged due to complaints

Someone on Reddit has leaked information from the MPQ Files of a Chinese client leaked US client for Diablo 3. Apparently the "secret cow level" of this game is going to be a massive pony reference. Some of these files are pretty amazing.

A4_1000MonsterFight_Encounter_Name Boss: Battle For Ponies
A4_1000MonsterFight_Taunt_Text The battle for ponies is about to begin.
A4_1000MonsterFight_Join_Instruction {s1} is about to witness
A4_1000MonsterFight_Enter_Instruction You are about to witness
A4_1000MonsterFight_Info_Text The rest of your party will be able to teleport in once you enter
BridlePurpose_Encounter_Name The Pinnacle of Ponies Event
[close]

Guess I'lll buy D3 after all
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:49:43 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Guess I'lll buy D3 after all

1) Spoiler tag that shit.
2) These are identical to strings datamined from the initial US beta 9 months ago
3) There's nothing you can datamine out of the Chinese client you couldn't already datamine out of the US client. TRUST ME.  8)
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Found a store that will let me pre-order the Collector's Edition. I'm 100% sure that they have no idea how many CE's they'll actually be getting and would have sold 1000 CE preorders if 1000 people had walked in and asked for it. I figure they'll probably 1 or 2, so maybe if I get their early and stand in line, they'll have to give it to me. If not, I'll just buy the regular edition, and then go home and rock out with my cock out.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
PD dude spoiler that shit ffs.

Found a store that will let me pre-order the Collector's Edition. I'm 100% sure that they have no idea how many CE's they'll actually be getting and would have sold 1000 CE preorders if 1000 people had walked in and asked for it. I figure they'll probably 1 or 2, so maybe if I get their early and stand in line, they'll have to give it to me. If not, I'll just buy the regular edition, and then go home and rock out with my cock out.

I could sell you mine, I have one guaranteed and payed in full. I don't really need it though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:11:10 PM by Premium Lager »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
BAN MAURICE

Also, that shirt will be mine.  MINE.
yar

Phoenix Dark

Spoiler tagged. SMH

etiolate

Ivanna Humpalot (anal)

pilonv1

That shirt is pretty awesome
itm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
PD dude spoiler that shit ffs.

I could sell you mine, I have one guaranteed and payed in full. I don't really need it though.

Thanks for the offer, but really I just want to have the game at midnight. It's not even gonna matter if I got the CE or not once the game is in my hands.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm gonna get this fuh real... need to clean out my machine and blow the dust off this thing. Who wants to roll with a nicca like me.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I'm gonna get this fuh real... need to clean out my machine and blow the dust off this thing. Who wants to roll with a nicca like me.

Ill hook a nicca up with some dope ass swag

Bacchus7

Can a paladin do this?

Zealadins meeting their breakpoints could hit faster than that.
DTF

Himu

IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I'm rolling a Barbarian, reminds me of a prot and fury warrior in WoW. I can tank and do massive damage? Yes please

Himu

demon hunter
IYKYK

Baiano19

Witch fucking doctor

FatalT

Witch cock smoker.