Author Topic: Game  (Read 338499 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #2280 on: September 25, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
THESE GAMES HAVE PLOTS??!?

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Heh, I'm skipping like 90% of what people say to me, but yeah, it's hard to miss you're chasing the Dark Wanderer Alchemist across the desert as he pursues the Worldstone Core.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like D3's any better. :-\
[close]
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2281 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
At least in D3, Diablo was a chick. That was pretty cool.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #2282 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:04 PM »
In Dialbo 3, Diablo has a hot ass
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2283 on: September 25, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
In Dialbo 3, Diablo has a hot ass

I thought I was the only one who thought this  :-[

the only two black guys in this thread, naturally
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2284 on: September 25, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
Nah, I just don't get hot and bothered by vidya
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2285 on: September 26, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
Finally got into the PTR.  Some thoughts on 1.0.5 after an hour and a half or so of farting around:

-First, Monster Power levels.  If you don't enable them, the default setting in Inferno becomes super easy, even after all the defensive nerfs.  I'd look sideways at white mobs and they'd die.  Elites/champions weren't much harder.  Bump MP up even ONE though, and white mob health level goes from like 30k in Act 1 up to 100k.  So, it's pretty significant scaling.  Champions at MP4 had like 6-7 million, minions were 2-3 million.  At MP2, Champs had 4-5 million health, minions around 1.5-2 million.  What do you get for bumping up the MP levels?  30% more m/gf ON TOP of any paragon, gear and NV bonuses.  The MP bonuses can take you higher than the 300% cap, too.  From where my wizard is geared, I think MP2-3 is good for me right now- anything higher and the fuckers just have too much health and take too goddamn long to kill, so it isn't worth it.  I'm currently doing around 44k dps.

-Defensive nerfs.  Like I said above, if you don't enable the MP option, you'll hardly notice it in my opinion.  At higher MP levels, I was definitely noticing losing a bunch of armor and resists from Prismatic Armor.  But at default?  Even more faceroll than before.  Might as well set MP at 1 or 2, it's like 30-60% free M/GF.

-Loot.  First, the good news.  Nothing lower than iLv 58 loot will drop in Inferno as of now in 1.0.5.  The bad news:  Itemization is still borked, and finding anything that's an actual upgrade is still pretty rare once you've got your dude well geared.  I didn't find anything I would classify as an upgrade in an hour and a half or so, even for my barb who is shittily outfitted.  The really bad news:  the more I think about it, the more I think this is an intrinsic design flaw for which there is no easy answer, aside from greatly reducing the occurrence of "trash" modifiers that aren't desirable for later game characters on items.  Even so, items remain kind of boring, especially compared to the circus like atmosphere you get in TL2. 

I didn't find anything relating to the Infernal Machine... still not sure how you build it or whatever.
yar

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2286 on: September 26, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
I put around 10 hours into act 2 runs the last couple days (coming off a long break from this game, and going back on one now) and got 1 kinda alright weapon that sold for a whopping 300k, in total I've killed nearly 3000 Elites with my Monk and I've still only ever had 2 legendaries drop. Diablos core gameplay is awesome, but it's itemization is fucked I can't see it ever being fixed tbh.
◕‿◕

archie4208

« Reply #2287 on: September 26, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
When is 1.05 supposed to hit live clients?  Soon(tm)?

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #2288 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »
Diablos core gameplay is awesome, but it's itemization is fucked I can't see it ever being fixed tbh.

After playing 10hrs or so of Torchlight 2 I feel the same way. Even if they get everything else right (and it seems they're moving that way), playing for hours and not seeing anything remotely looking like an upgrade is insane. What's the point of having an extra 60% magic find if you're just going to find more useless items?
itm

archie4208

« Reply #2289 on: September 26, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
Diablo 3's gameplay with Torchlight 2's itemization and Path of Exile's metagame would be the greatest thing ever.

Alas.

naff

« Reply #2290 on: September 26, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »
Man I gotta try Path of Exile, apparently it's got Moas :o
◕‿◕

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2291 on: October 04, 2012, 01:23:36 AM »
Ran a friend through Hell's Act IV with another lv60. I have problems with things in the game, some minor some major, but there's no doubt this is still a fun ass game. I love how frantic that final push to Diablo is. Obviously it was pretty easy tonight, but back when I did Hell for the first time that shit was fuuuunnnnn with Viz, Patel, Bepbo, Triumph, etc etc.

I'm gonna play more once the patch comes out

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #2292 on: October 05, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »
I just accidentally sold a 30million gold spear for...10000.  FML
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2293 on: October 06, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »
I just accidentally sold a 30million gold spear for...10000.  FML

alleged footage of the buyer after seeing your pricing

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2294 on: October 06, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
:rofl
AMC

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2295 on: October 07, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Diablo 3's gameplay with Torchlight 2's itemization and Path of Exile's metagame would be the greatest thing ever.

Alas.

Grim Dawn.

Steve Contra

« Reply #2296 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
1.05 just went up.  I got a legendary and a legendary boss ring in 15 minutes.  Feels good man.
vin

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2297 on: October 16, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
1.05 just went up.  I got a legendary and a legendary boss ring in 15 minutes.  Feels good man.

oh fuck guess i'm playing this until i die
AMC

Steve Contra

« Reply #2298 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
The monster power thing is great.  Getting good drops in act 1 now, no more pounding on 3 exclusively. 
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2299 on: October 16, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
FUCK.  It's live?  Guess I gotta get back to grinding.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2300 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »
It's great.  MP2 act 1 and the loot is hawt.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2301 on: October 16, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
I'll have lots more spare time to play video games now that MY CAR WON'T FUCKING START
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2302 on: October 17, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
1.0.5 is the new hotness, fer sure.  Played for an hourish or so, got a set drop and an infernal machine key on my first try with only monster power level 2.  Nothing else to really write home about, but at least now when shit DOES drop, odds are it's going to be the right level to have a chance to be good.  Diggin it. 

One thing with Monster Power... even on level 2, you're giving enemies more than DOUBLE their normal hp, and a 30% damage boost which is nothing to sneeze at.  Feels like old inferno at times depending on the mob- some of them all I could do was toss out a hydra and run like a little bitch- didn't even have a chance to kite effectively for damage until one or two of the pack dropped.  I'm almost positive that it will be more efficient for my wizard to run with monster power disabled and his full MF gear on for a while.

Monk players, is this thing any good?  Stats are hot but lack of crit dmg, LOH or socket makes me say meh?

yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2303 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
Too late. They cant erase that first playthrough.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2304 on: October 17, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »

Yes yes, we get it.  You're stupid.  You didn't enjoy your first playthrough of the game.  You're always going to whine about it.  I'll just assume you make a post about it every page, that way you don't have to and we can talk about stuff.  If anything ever changes with your precious little melon head, feel free to let us know.
yar

archie4208

« Reply #2305 on: October 17, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
Really, all D3 needs at this point is randomly generated maps ala TL2 and PoE and it'll be awesome.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2306 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »

Yes yes, we get it.  You're stupid.  You didn't enjoy your first playthrough of the game.  You're always going to whine about it.  I'll just assume you make a post about it every page, that way you don't have to and we can talk about stuff.  If anything ever changes with your precious little melon head, feel free to let us know.

Every time this thread gets bumped up I will be reminded of this and my huge anticipation for it, which was only second to me looking forward to WoW for years before it released.

I can't help it, I wanted it to be good. But I just don't know what the point is now :(

Is it worth downloading again?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:07:05 PM by Premium Lager »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2307 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »
No, clearly your first playthrough of a game on the easiest setting should ruin all subsequent playthroughs for you at higher difficulty levels.  It's trash, all of it.

DO YOU SEE HOW FUCKING STUPID YOU SOUND NOW
[close]
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2308 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
Maybe it wouldnt have been an issue IF YOU COULD SET A DIFFICULTY SETTING TO BEGIN WITH. First 20/40 hours of gameplay have thus been trivialized. Not satisfactory. Shame cause the core gameplay is so good. I spent 30 hours on the Beta alone.

Anyhoo second playthrough was easy too. No challenge. WoW was waaaaaaay harder level 1-60.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2309 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »
Maybe it wouldnt have been an issue IF YOU COULD SET A DIFFICULTY SETTING TO BEGIN WITH. First 20/40 hours of gameplay have thus been trivialized. Not satisfactory. Shame cause the core gameplay is so good. I spent 30 hours on the Beta alone.

Anyhoo second playthrough was easy too. No challenge. WoW was waaaaaaay harder level 1-60.

Uh, have you played 1-60 post-Cataclysm? ::)
乱学者

FatalT

« Reply #2310 on: October 18, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

I put my face on top of my keyboard and I roll it across all the keys. I'm level 22. :D

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2311 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »

Well Tardimus Prime, you've got your wish about setting your own difficulty setting: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2312 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
im talking vanilla wow you feggits jeez

Steve Contra

« Reply #2313 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
Nobody gives a shit about WoW.

This patch pretty much is what the game was destined to be, outside of PvP, which I don't give a shit about.  the drops are better, the economy is fixed, end game is fixed, there's good post game shit, did I mention the drops were better, the class balance has been resolved for the most part.  They even made the events more interesting :D (did I mention the drops were better?).  If you're not playing this, fuck you, because you're a loser.
vin

naff

« Reply #2314 on: October 18, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
 :o Patch sounds awesome. Long weekend :bow2 will def find some time for this.

Creepy, that Daibo suxxxxx. Can get way better for a few hundred k
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:17:35 PM by quietID »
◕‿◕

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #2315 on: October 18, 2012, 06:21:35 PM »

I put my face on top of my keyboard and I roll it across all the keys. I'm level 22. :D

Only level 22?
itm

Steve Contra

« Reply #2316 on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
I also found a stupid good mace.  900 dps, 954 LOH, high dex and int, 90% crit damage.  If it were socketed it would near perfect.  Going to throw it up in the morning for the weekend crowd.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2317 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Nobody gives a shit about WoW.

This patch pretty much is what the game was destined to be, outside of PvP, which I don't give a shit about.  the drops are better, the economy is fixed, end game is fixed, there's good post game shit, did I mention the drops were better, the class balance has been resolved for the most part.  They even made the events more interesting :D (did I mention the drops were better?).  If you're not playing this, fuck you, because you're a loser.

Steve Contra is correct in everything he's said.  pvp is for idiots, and the game has evolved into something really awesome.  Shame on you fucktards if you're not playing this.  Only thing they could add would be a neverending dungeon or random maps.  Other than that the game is fucking awesome.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2318 on: October 18, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
The great thing about Blizzard is, they will eventually add all those things.  PvP, some kind of neverending dungeon, ladders, seasons etc. for people who like that sort of thing.  Most people have fond memories of Diablo 2 after years of patches and the awesome LoD and they think D3 should have started out with a game that took years of millions of people playing it and feedback from that to get to the point is now.  Diablo3 is in pretty good shape to be just as good, too bad internet whiners no longer have patience.
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2319 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
people found post-cata 1-60 hard  ???

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2320 on: October 20, 2012, 08:44:11 PM »
I am going to beat this stupid fucking game tonight. 

...after which I will spend many hundreds of hours more grinding loot.  But tonight, Diablo goes down.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2321 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
I remember why I play this game again.  After 6 days of crap loot, I rolled a monstrous Sun Keeper.  Not quite best in class, but as close as you hope to get.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2322 on: October 27, 2012, 03:05:49 AM »
I am having a fucking blast playing in 1.0.5.  The market is flooded with ok-good items, so you can upgrade quickly if you play with lots of gold or mf gear.  Just set your shit to MP 0 and faceroll act 1 for a while to raise gold and shit.  You'll still occasionally get some decent drops.  I  got a legendary wand the other day that's pretty dope.

Slowly but surely, more good-great rares and legendaries are going up on the AH as well.  Just gotta keep grinding.  Got my dps back up over 50k in my good gear; I'm in the process of trying to put together a nice Tal Rasha's set or at least the Helm, Chest piece and source as they're some of the better stuff you can get for a wizard.  Bought a pretty nice helm today for a little over 2 mil- it's got MF and nice fat +int, and they all come with a socket and minimum 10% life bonus. :hyper

If you are gearing up, it's important to have a plan.  I'm just grinding in general, trying to get ok drops to flip and turn into gold for my Tal Rasha's set.  Looking at the legendary and set items for each equipment slot will give you an idea of what's possible. 

I was talking to Mr. Contra earlier, and we both agree that wile 1.0.5 is awsomesauce, it would be nice to see different ways of going about having successful builds and shit.  We'll see, but I really can't recommend 1.0.5 highly enough.  It's the shit.  I need to farm more keys for the Infernal Machine- only have the Act 1 key, but I've got like 5 copies of it. :P
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2323 on: October 27, 2012, 03:13:28 AM »
Woot, just logged in real quick before bed to discover I sold the legendary axe I got the other day for 2 million.  Gotta keep dat grind up, son.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2324 on: October 27, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
Sun Keeper up to 21mil with 17 hours to go  :omg
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2325 on: October 27, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
Sun Keeper up to 21mil with 17 hours to go  :omg

:rock  make that skrilla, son
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2326 on: October 27, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

These go for around 10 million I think.  Honestly thinking about keeping them though, because of the move speed and IAS.  THAT'S JUST SILLY.  Or, any rich monks or dhs I know could make me an offer...

yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2327 on: October 27, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
Well the Sun Keeper ahead of mine with an hour left with near identical rolls is already at 73 million, and looks to go higher.  I think I'm going to be filthy (fake) rich.
vin

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2328 on: October 27, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
I only have 3 million, Triumph. :( Dirty (fake) poor.
AMC

Steve Contra

« Reply #2329 on: October 28, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Cashed out with 50 mil.  Bought some Nat's Boots and a Dead Man's Legacy, up to 100k dps unbuffed now.  Like a baws.
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #2330 on: October 28, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »
It's faceroll time now, except reflect damage still fucks me.  I can do a VoA run in a matter of 5 or minutes.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2331 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
I'm gonna try and sell these stupid things but I see some auctions about to end at or under 5 million.

If they don't sell for a decent amount I'll just keep them, they're fucking stupid good even without an INT roll, just shove some gems in there and you're still getting move speed, IAS and a point in CC.

Steve Contra's character is absolutely fucking sick.  Buffed DPS is like 200k now.  SO JELLY.  I just want to get my Wizard up to around 75k.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2332 on: October 29, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
My pants sold for 10 million, pretty good.  Bought a bad ass source and chest piece, dps is now 59k unbuffed and 68k or so buffed.  Act II farming is pretty good if you can hack it- my base MF is at 200% now with my good gear on (that's at MP 3) and the only thing that fucks with me is reflect dmg mobs.  I'm farming keys to start doing infernal machine runs later.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2333 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »
I'll do some key runs with you later if you message me.  My character can rip through the act 2 keywarden in about 3 seconds (I love missile dampening when I have lightning bolts on).  I sold some crap Lacuni Prowlers for 700k and got a Windforce for my scoundrel.  The knockback +IAS makes me that much more efficient.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2334 on: October 29, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »
Cool.  I've stockpiled 5 act 1 keys and 2 act 2 keys.  Haven't arsed around with act 3 or getting the plans from act 4 yet. 

With the act 2 warden, since he's got dampening I've discovered that there's a perfect distance to stand away from him where he won't come at me, and I can toss out a hydra and just spam orbs and missiles into his dampening field.  After a little while he goes down.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2335 on: November 03, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
FUCK YES.

Finally got the plans for the Infernal Machine to drop.  Only took me EIGHT FUCKING TRIES.  Gonna start trying to farm pieces for the ring after Louis CK hosts SNL.

yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2336 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:38 AM »
JESUS H FUCKING SHITBALLS

The uber bosses for the Infernal Machine are distinguished mentally-challenged.  I had it set on MP4, which I had been handily dealing with every act... that's well and good, but Ghom and Rakanoth had like 25 million hp on MP4.  I think it's fucking impossible to deal with that bullshit unless you're rolling CM, which unfortunately I'm not and will cost me about 50 million gold to gear up for.  FUCK.  I guess I could try it on MP2, but only a 20% chance of getting the ring drop is not very exciting.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2337 on: November 04, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
I'll run it with you this week some time.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2338 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
I've given in and decided to run CM; I had about 9 million in the bank, and purchased some cheap gear for the build.  Once you get it down it's almost like you're not even playing the game anymore... just run up on a bunch of enemies, freeze them, then start tossing out tornadoes, rinse and repeat until they're dead.  Contra, it will make teaming up pretty easy for us; I can just freeze shit and constantly hold it in place as you nuke it.

I would say this build needs to get nerfed again but it's really expensive to run it (you have to get IAS and CC on every slot possible, which is why shit like Witching Hour belts are super expensive) and without it I honestly don't see how you're supposed to beat uber bosses on higher MP settings as a wizard.  So, I'd be fine with more nerfing if other shit got easier.  But as it is I think it's probably fine in the long run; it would probably require removing Critical Mass as a passive in order to fully nerf it.  Otherwise people WILL figure out how to make it work.
yar

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #2339 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:16 PM »
It sounds massively unfun. Which is why D3 failed to deliver the experience most proper gamers desire.

Being able to switch between a f/tps, but with the Xcom/ Full Spectrum Warrior thing could be amazing.
:{]