Author Topic: Game  (Read 338489 times)

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #2340 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »
I've given in and decided to run CM; I had about 9 million in the bank, and purchased some cheap gear for the build.  Once you get it down it's almost like you're not even playing the game anymore... just run up on a bunch of enemies, freeze them, then start tossing out tornadoes, rinse and repeat until they're dead.  Contra, it will make teaming up pretty easy for us; I can just freeze shit and constantly hold it in place as you nuke it.

I would say this build needs to get nerfed again but it's really expensive to run it (you have to get IAS and CC on every slot possible, which is why shit like Witching Hour belts are super expensive) and without it I honestly don't see how you're supposed to beat uber bosses on higher MP settings as a wizard.  So, I'd be fine with more nerfing if other shit got easier.  But as it is I think it's probably fine in the long run; it would probably require removing Critical Mass as a passive in order to fully nerf it.  Otherwise people WILL figure out how to make it work.
I'm still farming plans (as you know) but as soon as I find one we're ON.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2341 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:38 AM »
I've beaten Rakanoth/Ghom and Siegebreaker/Kuule on MP3.  Didn't get an organ drop off of either, naturally.

Rakanoth and Ghom were pretty easy.  Siegebreaker/Kuule made me almost cry.  For the CM wizard, you have to get them RIGHT ON TOP OF EACH OTHER so that your tornadoes/explosive blasts EACH hit both so you can maximize your CM procs, or you get fucked.  I did about 7-8 million damage to both of them in one long freeze chain. 

Playing CM wizard with decent gear is kind of like playing the game as a constantly supernova-ing, invulnerable sun that shits out a bunch of tornadoes.  It's not really fair per se, but it's highly satisfying to teleport into the middle of a shit ton of enemies, freeze them, toss out some tornadoes, then just start 'asplodin.  I came across one ref dmg mob on MP5 in act 2 earlier, it knocked me into ANOTHER ref dmg mob, and I managed to chain them all to death without dying.  Felt really, really satisfying. :D
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2342 on: November 11, 2012, 01:08:38 AM »
hnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg

That's at the upper reaches for what it can roll on str and crit dmg.  HOLY FUCKSTICKS.  Plus, massive lifesteal.  DADDY IS RICH.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2343 on: November 11, 2012, 02:36:57 AM »
 :o :o :o

Dat lifesteal
vin

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2344 on: November 11, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »
good fucking lord
AMC

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2345 on: November 11, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2346 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
I have it up on the gold AH now for 220 million.  Some fucker came in and put one that's not quite as good as mine at 160 million though.  I mean, honestly I could put it up for 140mil, sell it and be happy.  Which if it doesn't sell tonight I will.

Then, BONER TOWN, POPULATION ME.  OMG WHAT TO BUY I DON'T EVEN.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2347 on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
I like the 99.4% chance to Bleed. "It can't Bleed every time; that's OP."
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2348 on: November 12, 2012, 12:16:56 AM »
hnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg

(Image removed from quote.)

That's at the upper reaches for what it can roll on str and crit dmg.  HOLY FUCKSTICKS.  Plus, massive lifesteal.  DADDY IS RICH.

:fbm

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2349 on: November 13, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
For PD- here's a thread on the barb forums talking about s/b builds. 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004047328
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2350 on: November 14, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
IT SOLD, FUCK YES DADDY IS RICH

I was being too specific in my early searches... it simply didn't have the DPS necessary to sell for 200 mil+.  So, I sold it for 150 mil. 

Now, time to make my wizard FUCK AWESOME.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2351 on: November 14, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
!

I switched to Gloom finally, like all DHs.  It's fucking stupid how necessary it is after mp3
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2352 on: November 14, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Yeah, there certainly aren't a lot of builds that can do mid to higher mps.  Pretty much one per class. 

I've got 2 machines banked if you're up for more uber farming later tonight, Contra.  I've gotta work until 12 but after that I'm free.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2353 on: November 14, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
OK - patching up, gonna AH up a bit and try to join you guys in MP1/2. I have 8 million gold before I quit out last time; sounds like with deflation I should be able to gear up like a mofo.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:00:04 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2354 on: November 14, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
You'll be able to gear up just fine.  8 million is a really good budget in today's D3 economy of candy drop legendaries.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2355 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
I spent 3 million gold and only went from 44k to 53k DPS. ;_;
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2356 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
You have good survivability stats though, right?  You should be able to do lower mp levels just fine.  Try 2 and if that's too tough, dial it down to mp1.  If it's too easy, try mp3.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2357 on: November 14, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
Yeah, I have 30k health and 600 resist all
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2358 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »
That's basically what I have; my armor is like 5k though.  Although to be honest, when you're running CM as a wizard those stats don't matter too much. :P
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2359 on: November 20, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »
I visited a friend who works at Gamestop today, mainly to watch the WiiU fuckery but was assaulted by a mouth breather who argued D3 was the worst game of the year. Dude was legit pissed that the game wasn't as good as D2 and had no replay value.

My friend asked if he had at least played the last couple big patches and he said no. Dumbass  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2360 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:47 PM »
I'm not sure, but the 500+ hours or so I've put into it probably means it's my goty.  I feel kind of distinguished mentally-challenged, but what can you do?  It's my favorite genre.
yar

Himu

« Reply #2361 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »
Damn son. Anyone up for Diablo 3 this weekend with my monk (new character)? Is the game that much better now?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2362 on: November 20, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
Wait any good DH builds post patch?
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2363 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »
Pretty much all of the improvements in the last couple of patches have centered on late game stuff- ie Inferno.  You're probably not gonna notice much if you're playing earlier settings.

I just got a Hellfire Ring finally- it gives 35% bonus exp and has no level limit, so it's great for levelling up alts.  I gained like 10 levels in 3 1/2 hours today.  Granted, I've also got 25% bonus exp from my helm, 21% from a Leoric's Signet ring I bought (I've never felt dumber than paying 23 million gold for a level 17 item, but it was a good deal  :-\) and 30% from my Cain's armor set.  So, I'm getting like 111% bonus experience or something stupid like that.

But to answer your question Himumu, I'm pretty much always online :P
yar

Himu

« Reply #2364 on: November 20, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
Well I'm willing to play on inferno with my dh. I think I've gotten to act 2 (?). Are the invincible mobs still as active as they were before?
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2365 on: November 20, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
Wait any good DH builds post patch?

This looks interesting. 

A budget guide

yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2366 on: November 20, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »
Well I'm willing to play on inferno with my dh. I think I've gotten to act 2 (?). Are the invincible mobs still as active as they were before?

They removed the affix entirely :P  No more invincible minions.  If you roll with me, just focus on keeping your dps as high as possible- my wizard build is entirely built upon keeping shit permanently frozen until it's dead.
yar

Himu

« Reply #2367 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
No more invincible minions?! :o

:bow

As for my dips I think it was 5000 the last time I played? Either way not very good but if the loot system is fixed and I don't have to Fucking rely on ah, maybe we can we can find me better gear in game

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:23:04 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Steve Contra

« Reply #2368 on: November 21, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
It's pretty easy to gear up cheaply now, only the god tier stuff goes for stupid money.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2369 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Yeah, there's all kinds of budget gear guides floating around on the youtubes for whatever class you want to play (assuming you're halfway competent and want to play on lower MP levels, that is)
yar

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2370 on: November 21, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
Played my first game with the latest patch and got my third legendary drop ever! Unfortunately it was some turd iLvl 63 DH armor. Even with that lure I still couldn't bring myself to do a second run straight away but I'll get back into this at some point. MP2 is too tough for my char but I'm facerolling MP1 Act1 just need to upgrade a couple of my lesser items and I should be good for MP2
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2371 on: November 22, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »
I would actually recommend playing on MP0 for a while- you get xp and items quicker that way, and the bonus is pretty negligible until you get to higher MP levels.  When I do xp runs, I just set it to MP0.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2372 on: November 22, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »
MP0 act 3 is a lot of fun to start.  Drops are still good, and it's crazy efficient.  Tomorrow it's LOOT DAY.  i need to get a few more machines, but creepy old guy and me are going to build some rings :punch
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2373 on: November 22, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
Yeah, I bought some cheap gear so that I can use an archon wizard build for act 3 xp farming.  Cost me like 2 million gold (which is nothing these days) and lets me zoom around nuking shit perpetually in archon mode :rock

I need to farm some more keys tonight :P  Like I said I've got 2 machines banked
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2374 on: December 27, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
Pvp blog update

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/Diablo_III_PvP_Update_-12_27_2012

tl;dr death match arena out, dueling in the next patch (1.0.7) which will probably hit within the next two weeks or so.  The natives were going to be pissed no matter what, but the reactions so far are deliciously awesome in their qq-ness.  As someone who cares fuck all about pvp, this is like the best possible answer to me- seems like they realized that there was no way to balance team pvp (my personal bet is that one particular class/build was just destroying everything else) so they shoved dueling out as a "please shut the fuck up and quit bothering us about pvp" olive branch to "the community" and are apparently going to focus more on shit that I want/care about, ie more pve endgame shit to do.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2375 on: December 27, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

Fuck PvP, and fuck everyone who wants it in the game before real content.
vin

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2376 on: December 27, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
PVPlease Understand
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2377 on: December 27, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »

Fuck PvP, and fuck everyone who wants it in the game before real content.

*fist bump*
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2378 on: December 27, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »
My money says it's CM wizards nuking everything.  I don't know what you could do about this besides kill the whole build.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2379 on: December 27, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
I would say drastically shorten freeze time and reduce proc rates in pvp... although if you're going up against FOUR cm wizards... yeah, good fucking luck with that. 

Also, Contra- I may have some fun stuff you can borrow.  Check the DH in my profile out and let me know if that Manticore is an improvement for you (I think it is)
yar

etiolate

« Reply #2380 on: December 27, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
Like I've said, I don't think making pvp arena for d3 is worth it. As loud as some of the community is about it, I think the actual amount of people who would play it is pretty small. Whatever D2 pvp did, other games already do now and do it better.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2381 on: December 28, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »
QQ MOAR BITCHES

mmm, the tears of the defeated, so delicious

go play shitty PoE with it's floaty, awful combat, because at least it has pvp and ladders, which are sooooooo much more important amirite???
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2382 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57:05 AM »
Hyperbolic accusation aside...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45808756&postcount=41

This mirrors my thoughts from months ago. The gear seems so PvE focused that I just don't see how it can be properly balanced in PvP; it would be a very quick rock-papers-scissors mess determined by who had the best ridiculous special stat, and I just don't think that would be fun; damage would be reduced like in D2, but still...I don't see that being fun.

Given the success of dota games and what they're already doing to SC2's online community, I thought it was obvious Blizzard would move more in that direction with D3's multiplayer. I don't think it'll be a pure dota - after all Blizzard has their own dota game in the works - but clearly they want objective based team stuff, perhaps some casual friendly modes or whatever.

Perhaps another solution would be to have an MP level that specifically dropped PvP centric defensive gear that could negate some of the crazier offensive stats. Maybe just rings, neck gear, wrist gear, and capes would have PvP specific stats, to ensure the PvE gear wasn't completely made irrelevant.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2383 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:08 AM »
Basically, one of the things that makes farming keys and uber bosses (one of the big draws of the last major patch) possible is a well geared CM wizard.  Ask Contra- I don't like to brag, but the only uber fight that gives us trouble on the regular is Leoric/Maghda, and that's because she will go invulnerable AND I CAN'T FREEZE HER.  Rakanoth and Ghom are both too slow and easy to freeze both at once; as long as I can get a good lock on Kuule and Siegebreaker, I can keep them in check too- I have over 1k life on hit, 50%+ crit chance.  I am an invulnerable, tornado shitting, diamond skinned avatar of death that is constantly supernova-ing 'asplosions while keeping our enemies permanently frozen, more or less.

It cost a shit ton of time, gold, and AH finagling to get here.  And my dps isn't even that impressive- it hovers around 100k depending on my gem loadout, but paper dps for the SNS CM variant I run is a poor indicator of just how much damage I do, since anything that's frozen takes 20% more damage due to a passive, and anything that's frozen with frost nova takes 15% MORE damage due to the rune I've got selected.

Basically, there's no way you're going to tell gamers who spent that much time, effort, and in some cases money that they can't use that shit as effectively in pvp, and I think Contra is right- it would totally imbalance pvp to the point where it's "kill me before I can freeze you, bitch"
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2384 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:56 AM »
Exactly, it's purely gear based. Blizzard isn't unfamiliar with this situation. WoW had a lot of problems with PvE gear in PvP, then they introduced the PvP specific stat (resilience) in the expansion, but people were still able to completely destroy each other with PvE gear (trinkets). Hell there still is a balance struggle of nerfing PvE gear because it's too strong for PvP.

Dunno. Maybe introduce character attributes you can add points into with each paragon level? Each level gained=20 points to spend on crit avoidance, stun decrease, etc. The gear will still be overpowered, you'll still be kicking ass, but it just may add some strategy into how you prepare for duels and deathmatches.

Also: I wonder if Blizzard has plans on making D3 an esport, given this focus on balance, and making pvp more objective based team v team.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2385 on: December 28, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »
Jay Wilson has said multiple times they have no interest or intention of making it into an esport.  My money is on pvp simply being NOT FUN, even for people who tend to like pvp.  Maybe I should sink the last of my gold into some basic CM gear just in case though...

I think they're absolutely in a no-win situation-  they promised pvp, and a specific kind (team deathmatch) at that- it's on the game guide on the website, for pete's sakes.  But the likelihood of it being anything worth playing or investing a lot of time into due to the way the game's gear/stats work... yeah, I dunno.  I think they should just release it, let it suck, then focus on more awesome pve shit for me to do.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:26:23 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2386 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
I want a multiplayer mode where you have to escort your Enchantress to a check point before a melee player kills her. Complete with new Enchantress dialogue

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2387 on: December 28, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »
Son, you need to rethink your simp game.  Shit don't work on vidya characters.
yar

etiolate

« Reply #2388 on: December 28, 2012, 02:50:24 AM »
Based on my WoW experience, pvp balance is not Blizz's strongsuit.

The truth is that the people who want d3 pvp probably want to just blow other people up the way they blow monsters up. A lot of it sounds like cries from griefers.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2389 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »
Based on my WoW experience, pvp balance is not Blizz's strongsuit.

The truth is that the people who want d3 pvp probably want to just blow other people up the way they blow monsters up. A lot of it sounds like cries from griefers.

This is one of those rare times I'm in complete agreement with you; I'ma mark the the calendar to memorialize it and shit.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2390 on: December 30, 2012, 02:09:17 AM »
I AM FUCKING RICH AGAIN WHOO HOOO

Sold DEM PANTS for 250 millions.  UNF UNF UNF.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #2391 on: December 30, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
In the same period I netted two worthless Zuni's vision's and a mostly worthless pair of Zuni's boots :maf

At least Creepy Old Guy gifted me his Manticore :-[
vin

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2392 on: December 31, 2012, 04:06:02 PM »

Steve Contra

« Reply #2393 on: December 31, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
Most of that stuff is in Lord of Destruction.  I'm taking it you didn't play D2 when it first came out.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2394 on: December 31, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
Not only that, but after the MP patch you can faceroll MP 0 Inferno with like 30-50k dps and limited mitigation/defense, and nothing lower than Item lv 58 loot drops in Inferno now, meaning that that amusing graphic you posted from 4 months ago is outdated. 

Of course, you haven't played the game in months, so your opinion really counts for fuck all and you're just here to troll.  Kindly stick a grenade up your own ass and fuck off.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2395 on: December 31, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
Tell me when they patch out the Ah.

Most of that stuff is in Lord of Destruction.  I'm taking it you didn't play D2 when it first came out.

I never played LOD
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:27:57 PM by Premium Lager »

Steve Contra

« Reply #2396 on: December 31, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »
 :lol

So you don't even have any idea what that is talking about?  How do you NOT play LoD?  Jesus, you're the worst Diablo fan ever.  Oh man, never talk about Diablo again.  Oh man :lol
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #2397 on: December 31, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
 :rofl
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #2398 on: December 31, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
You do realize the game most people talk about in hushed tones isn't vanilla Diablo 2?  it's LoD.  Hell, the game you played is pretty bad by comparison.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2399 on: December 31, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
Jesus.  You should just stfu about Diablo forever at this point.

I am going to address your AH bitching, though.  It's basically a big fucking trading post.  Instead of just allowing the people who use d2jsp to get the endgame shit and be all DAMN G LOOK HOW 1337 I AMS, now everybody who looks at the game guide and has a lick of sense can use the AH as a trading post to get awesome endgame gear.  So, again, shut the fuck up.
yar