Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 161063 times)

Borealis

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Number of Bugs
« Reply #1560 on: December 19, 2020, 04:25:18 AM »
I just love exploring the different aspects of Night City, pillaging your way through the luxury estates of North Oak without invisible walls or something to is fucking ace.

I know there's plenty improvements needed for the AI and technical issues, but the work put into the diverse locations is top notch. Everything from the rich district cemetery site to mass organic farms far out in the south, heaps of interesting places that are believable and build up the world.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1561 on: December 19, 2020, 05:37:57 AM »
So far on PC I've discovered less bugs than in any Ubisoft open world game.
Even Odyssey which was pretty solid on One X felt more buggy than this.

The biggest two that come to mind other than clipping and other regular issues are that during a conversation at a market a shack collapsed on top of the NPC  :lol
and Johnny Silverhand's cigarette floating in mid air.

There was also the time that when I moved closed to any wall the framerate would tank :doge
And then when I moved away from walls it would run fine. Rebooting my PC fixed it, so probably a Ray Tracing bug or something.

UBI BUGS!
- Broken map markers
- AI running around in circles (AI is basically broken in most forts, because they can't seem to pathfind vertically)
- Boats flying
- Boats dissapearing
- High-level boar killing an army in Athens
- Wolf interrupting NPC interaction and killing the quest giver
- Random performance issues
- Dialogue not playing / wrong dialogue playing
- Soldiers not rowing
- Soldiers nog disembarking
- Singing not stopping (not even off the boat  :lol, I could hear them singing in the distance, which was a nice way to track the boat agian tho )
- Diving below underwater
- Getting stuck in walls
- Chests not opening
- Buildings vanishing
[close]

I could go on and on I haven't spotted much like that in Cyberpunk 2077. So either most issues on PC are related to streaming I won't have trouble with a 5000MB/s Nvme(?) or maybe RAM, CPU limits?
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1562 on: December 19, 2020, 05:55:44 AM »
when is this fucking game going to let me bang judy  :maf
:lol
I did that yesterday. Has a cool quest attached.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1563 on: December 19, 2020, 05:59:40 AM »
apparently for whatever reason CDPR neglected to include a negative LOD bias when using DLSS, which is something control and death stranding did and is suggested in the DLSS manual.

native vs. DLSS quality with negative LOD bias: https://imgsli.com/MzA4NzE

DLSS quality with negative LOD bias vs default DLSS quality: https://imgsli.com/MzI3MzI

you can set the LOD value with nvidia inspector: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-inspector/. the documented reason for not using a negative LOD bias usually is that it introduces shimmering textures, but DLSS resolves texture shimmer as it's a temporal thing.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:16:03 AM by headwalk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1564 on: December 19, 2020, 06:26:41 AM »
In his tests Steve from Gamers Nexus found out that

- Shimmering is vastly reduced with DLSS Quality, this helps with rendering distant objects (thin neon signs, lettering etc.), fences and foilage.
- The game gets a somewhat softer look because some fine detail is lost in textures, mostly apparent in cracks and tiling on walls and such
- There's seemingly a bug that causes not all light sources to be affected by DLSS, those instead run on the lower pre-DLSS render resolution, so for Perf. that object would be rendered at 720p for example while the game resolution is 1440p.
- Performance gains are significant even in quality mode
- It depends on your preference but he finds overall IQ better in DLSS quality mode than native mode because of the shimmering even if the textures aren't always as sharp

Overall he recommends to play this game with DLSS but expects some fixes down the line which may or may not impact performance.
He also wishes TAA could be toggled and other AA solutions are introduced to give more control over the IQ. He feels that at higher resolutions with DLSS already smoothing things out the TAA isn't really necessary.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1565 on: December 19, 2020, 06:28:28 AM »
So far on PC I've discovered less bugs than in any Ubisoft open world game.

Same, or Bethesda game for that matter.
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1566 on: December 19, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »
In his tests Steve from Gamers Nexus found out that

- Shimmering is vastly reduced with DLSS Quality, this helps with rendering distant objects (thin neon signs, lettering etc.), fences and foilage.
- The game gets a somewhat softer look because some fine detail is lost in textures, mostly apparent in cracks and tiling on walls and such
- There's seemingly a bug that causes not all light sources to be affected by DLSS, those instead run on the lower pre-DLSS render resolution, so for Perf. that object would be rendered at 720p for example while the game resolution is 1440p.
- Performance gains are significant even in quality mode
- It depends on your preference but he finds overall IQ better in DLSS quality mode than native mode because of the shimmering even if the textures aren't always as sharp

Overall he recommends to play this game with DLSS but expects some fixes down the line which may or may not impact performance.
He also wishes TAA could be toggled and other AA solutions are introduced to give more control over the IQ. He feels that at higher resolutions with DLSS already smoothing things out the TAA isn't really necessary.

the patch steve was using has sharpening applied with native TAA that isn't enabled with DLSS, which is what gives it a softer look:

this is 1440p performance mode (based on 720p sample) with the same sharpening enabled as native TAA: https://imgsli.com/MzM5MjA (which is what i was asking if someone could do earlier but with quality mode)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1567 on: December 19, 2020, 06:55:01 AM »
seems smoother post patch on boner x :o
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1568 on: December 19, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »
btw the best song in the game is the rihanna knock off that would be a top 10 rihanna song if it was actually one of hers :trumps
(ice)

Coax

« Reply #1569 on: December 19, 2020, 09:44:48 AM »
Bunch of screens and gratuitous motorcycle selfie. Excluded some cool spoilery stuff. So many more interesting visuals in the game.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1570 on: December 19, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »
Rain in this game is so goddamn fucking good

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1571 on: December 19, 2020, 10:07:19 AM »
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1573 on: December 19, 2020, 11:03:03 AM »
What

BikeJesus

« Reply #1574 on: December 19, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1575 on: December 19, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »
So apparently share holders are looking into a class action against CDPR management for lying about base console performance and the whole fiasco tanking the stock value  :existential
Margs

kingv

« Reply #1576 on: December 19, 2020, 05:37:00 PM »
I feel like that is unlikely to succeed.

At least by American standards. Don’t know by Polish standards.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1577 on: December 19, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
The hounds are out for blood. Smelling that Microsoft and Sony money.

Stay strong Cyber Hussars  :salute
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1578 on: December 19, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »

:whoo
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1579 on: December 19, 2020, 07:32:04 PM »
I already posted that like three posts up blind man put your cortical inplant in

Pc patch is up I got some nice fps boost on my 2600x
What

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1580 on: December 19, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
Neo-Tokyo finna asplode or whatever I guess

yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1581 on: December 19, 2020, 08:39:24 PM »
The one downside I noticed with Ray Tracing in various games is that it can get too dark across the board.
Especially indoor areas with not enough light. It makes the game more realistic but enemies harder to see and hit.

Looked at some 1.05 PS4 footage. Game looks to run a lot better already.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #1582 on: December 19, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
I already posted that like three posts up blind man put your cortical inplant in

:dead

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1583 on: December 20, 2020, 12:40:49 AM »
Enjoying a post-race cig:

dog

BrokenVerses

« Reply #1584 on: December 20, 2020, 12:47:17 AM »
Started the PC version.

First glitch was a floating guy in the middle of the street in the Nomad origin story that I turned into roadkill and turned the town against me lol.

thetylerrob

« Reply #1585 on: December 20, 2020, 12:51:35 AM »
It's weird that the floating guy in that segment is so consistent. They should add an explanation of him to the lore.

BIONIC

« Reply #1586 on: December 20, 2020, 01:23:53 AM »
I still have these mildly annoying persistent glitches that were glossed over in the last two patches:

- Armor pickups show the opposite arrow i.e it shows that it’s weaker than what I’m wearing, but when I check the piece in my inventory it’s actually stronger and vice versa.

- My equipped health item keeps randomly changing to the next one over, so I have to switch it back with the quick select menu.

- If you turn off cameras via uploading a daemon in breach protocol, and then also turn off the surveillance system from a computer, the cameras will eventually turn on again since the daemon has a 3-6 minute limit ignoring that the security system should be off as a whole.

Anyone else have these? I swear the first one wasn’t the case initially, but maybe it was and I just didn’t notice.
Margs

Coax

« Reply #1587 on: December 20, 2020, 02:43:49 AM »
Japantown boss fight
Have been able to get Oda to ~23 HP each time but maybe I'm just to greedy by the end. My 1100 DPS machete is the only thing making a dent. Cripple movement ftw though. Even my revolver with 80-100 chemical damage barely does much. Curiously invulnerable to smart weapon targeting.
[close]

Edit: gottem  8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 02:49:40 AM by Coax »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1588 on: December 20, 2020, 04:28:22 AM »
I maxed my Street Cred before meeting up with the Voodoo Boys. :doge

Doing main quests again shows a stark difference in quality, but it also reveals just how much of the plot ended up in trailers and gameplay presentations. I didn't dodge the marketing well enough, I suppose.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1589 on: December 20, 2020, 07:31:08 AM »

:whoo

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on here; I played this on XSX and it looked way more like the image on the left than the one on the right. I’ve even got screenshots, chooms

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1590 on: December 20, 2020, 08:24:42 AM »
I noticed that some graphics settings don't always properly apply until you reboot the game.
But it also depends on the time of day the scene happens.

I got in Dex's car at night, which made the scene even more tense
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1591 on: December 20, 2020, 08:47:01 AM »
Our man steve wrecking Reddit performance boost fan fiction :lawd

🤴

Coffee Dog

« Reply #1592 on: December 20, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »
Wrapped everything up around the 60 hour mark. Did most of the content, only passed up on a couple sidequests and gigs. Really fun ride, really good RPG. I loved the ending I got, very fitting wrap up to V's character. Main plot was too short, needed another couple missions, but the side quests gave the game a very satisfying amount of content. Very impressed at the amount of Nomad specific dialogue. Fun setting, few good characters. I loved, loved Cherami Leigh as V, her and Reeves carried it

It's such a damn shame they decieved all their customers. Even without playing it on console, they still bullshitted about the cpu requirement of the game so it ran like ass for me. And I'm someone who's willing to look past all the technical shit, even the stuff that you basically can't ignore like the traffic not having AI. There's a good, confident RPG buried underneath all the jank and hype, but I don't think that people will acknowledge it until we are well into the postmortem phase. It's just too big an ask when the game literally doesn't function for a large portion of the audience.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1593 on: December 20, 2020, 11:28:50 AM »
CDPR definitely has a deserved and earned track record of releasing games without a proper level of polish on them at this point, at least imo. Just simple little shit like "option to craft more than 1 of an item" so I don't have to keep mashing a button and waiting a few seconds to craft a bunch of grenades or med paks. I don't know if it's that they don't have someone on their team that looks at that shit (doubtful) or that their rushing shit out without it, but simple little quality of life things like that have been missing from their last two big releases at launch. Witcher 3's UI was absolute dogshit at launch and eventually became "sorta ok" and while Cyberpunk is better on launch, it's still not great.

I'm honestly not sure where they go from here. If I'm a developer for them, I probably want to murder their board members.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1594 on: December 20, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »
The city, world and art they created seems like it could be used for many more quests.
I sorta expect expansions once they've dealt with most of the issues.

I find the setting and quest gameplay of this game near perfect.

The future for CDPR should be more Witcher and more Cyberpunk.
But maybe they should drop their own engine and start using UE4.0 for their next project once that comes out as most problems people have with the game are technical.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1595 on: December 20, 2020, 02:00:16 PM »

bonus

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1596 on: December 20, 2020, 07:23:14 PM »
After a few plays with Medium/High settings + RT and DLSS balanced I tried most settings on Ultra with RT off and DLSS quality today.
And I gotta say, after a few battles I really like the added performance and the improved IQ.

Where before I was hitting between 45 - 60fps depending on the scene as the game got more demanding I'm now getting 70 - 90fps .
Alot of the weird hiccups that only happened in certain areas have also completely dissapeared.

For an RPG the combat is this game is very fast paced. Especially when you combine hacking with shooting and other abilities.
It's a shame that even with DLSS RT tanks the framerate as much as it does.

I'm not sure if I agree with DF that light RT settings are better than just running the game stable at the highest possible settings without RT.
From where I'm standing you're getting the worst of both worlds (very limited RT + lower IQ and other visuals) instead of having great IQ and everything cranked up and no RT.
RT to me seems to make the most sense if you can take that Ultra image and then enhance it further with RT effects.
The one effect I miss the most are the window reflections but those aren't worth the +30fps hit.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1599 on: December 20, 2020, 08:41:27 PM »
https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/20/cyberpunk-2077-corrupting-save-games-8mb/

Random save corruption, may be linked to filesize, stay safe chooms

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1600 on: December 20, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
Doesn't say just how much crafting components you need to have, but wouldn't surprising if it was incredibly high.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1601 on: December 20, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »

This bug has also been observed on the Google Stadia version of the game, which is thought to be one of the better running experiences.
:dead
ど助平

BikeJesus

« Reply #1602 on: December 20, 2020, 09:06:06 PM »
Doesn't say just how much crafting components you need to have, but wouldn't surprising if it was incredibly high.

I'm pretty sure it is people who used the item duplication glitch. Regular users don't have to worry.

After 20 hours my save is 2.1MB and I have picked up everything and done tons of crafting.

« Reply #1603 on: December 20, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »
game started to run horribly, getting bug after bug. i had to refund it.  :'( i will miss this game, but it was becoming unplayable. hope the official next gen version will be good.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1605 on: December 20, 2020, 11:17:58 PM »
Switch has the superior console version. :neogaf
dog

Coax

« Reply #1606 on: December 20, 2020, 11:31:38 PM »

I have a 5.2MB save currently and I only use crafting for very occasional ammo and Armadillo. I loot everything but sell items I'm not keeping/are lower tier duplicates so my intentory/stash isn't excessive. The strange thing about this is there was that one dev prior to launch who said they had 175 hours clocked yet presumably they didn't run into this issue, so either they weren't playtesting that aspect (items/crafting) or the build they played on wasn't affected.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1607 on: December 20, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »
That's what my save file is at the end-game. Don't generally keep a huge inventory but I have messed around with crafting a bit. To get the size up more you'd probably have to have a pretty huge inventory and a lot of items in storage.
dog

Coax

« Reply #1608 on: December 21, 2020, 12:39:03 AM »
- Armor pickups show the opposite arrow i.e it shows that it’s weaker than what I’m wearing, but when I check the piece in my inventory it’s actually stronger and vice versa.

Have you noticed this has to do with mods on the clothing? As it seems the game sorts clothing with rarer mods (eg: +30% crit damage) higher than clothing with the better armor stat per se.

For weapons I had early on what I thought was an inexplicable comparison arrow behavior where the same kind of weapon with higher DPS was showing as lower than one with lower DPS until I realized I put on a suppressor which reduces the base damage :doge

BrokenVerses

« Reply #1609 on: December 21, 2020, 12:52:18 AM »
Holy shit, wtf at these fucking cops spawning out of thin air.

Had like an entire SWAT team appear on a rooftop with me lmao.

BIONIC

« Reply #1610 on: December 21, 2020, 01:13:07 AM »

Have you noticed this has to do with mods on the clothing? As it seems the game sorts clothing with rarer mods (eg: +30% crit damage) higher than clothing with the better armor stat per se.

For weapons I had early on what I thought was an inexplicable comparison arrow behavior where the same kind of weapon with higher DPS was showing as lower than one with lower DPS until I realized I put on a suppressor which reduces the base damage :doge

No it’s pretty consistent in my game.

Say I’m wearing 30 armor pants. If I see a 25 armor pants on an enemy it’ll show a green arrow, but if I find a 44 armor pants it’ll show a red arrow. This is regardless of mods or rarity.

I think weapons are reflected accurately for me based on DPS, but I’d have to double check since I usually have a different weapon type equipped so the comparison is useless on the spot.
Margs

EVOL

« Reply #1611 on: December 21, 2020, 01:50:36 AM »
Anybody playing this on a PS4 Pro? Been thinking of picking up a PS4 to play this and the entire generation of games that I skipped because I'm a Mac using idiot

Coax

« Reply #1612 on: December 21, 2020, 04:34:06 AM »
Reading reports the $127k Predator clothing mod (+25% damage to moderate and high-tier enemies) straight up doesn't do anything  :PP

Ngl, was seriously considering it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1613 on: December 21, 2020, 05:48:29 AM »
That's what my save file is at the end-game. Don't generally keep a huge inventory but I have messed around with crafting a bit. To get the size up more you'd probably have to have a pretty huge inventory and a lot of items in storage.
People use exploits for infinite resources and then craft 10 000's of items. It seems to happen at the 80MB mark.

Now that my V has seen some shit she's definitely more aggro and then Johnny is like "Oh yeah you're finally getting it"   :mynicca

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yesterday I shot two tweaking Brain dancing scavs in the head and Judy was like: "Woah, you don't fuck around do you"
[close]

Anybody playing this on a PS4 Pro? Been thinking of picking up a PS4 to play this and the entire generation of games that I skipped because I'm a Mac using idiot
Doesn't run well enough on last gen consoles yet. Xbox Series S or playing through a Cloud Service would serve you better if you're looking for a cheaper option than building a new PC.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:55:05 AM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1614 on: December 21, 2020, 06:51:27 AM »
So whats your guys say on this beating Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided? I loved Human Revolution but honestly Mankind Divided bored me to death. Also didnt help Adam Jensen is such a boring fucking character in Mankind Divided. Probably in HR too but I dont remember him being that bad in HR.

I think Cyberpunk easily takes the reigns, were it not that the main quest is pretty damn short and I feel a bunch of these sidequests could have been put into the Main quest.

I dont understand why the main quest already ends.. im.not there yet but im at the mission that tells you, you this is the last mission bro.

Even after 90 hours the end will come too soon. So now im just doing all sidemissions and gigs I can find
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1615 on: December 21, 2020, 06:55:48 AM »
90 hours is too short eh :heh
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1616 on: December 21, 2020, 07:03:06 AM »
i feel like it is too short since I obviously didnt spend 90 hours on the MQ..

Im not sure about some of the stuff included in the MQ but then theres side stuff I think should have been part of the MQ

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1617 on: December 21, 2020, 07:13:03 AM »
So whats your guys say on this beating Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided? I loved Human Revolution but honestly Mankind Divided bored me to death. Also didnt help Adam Jensen is such a boring fucking character in Mankind Divided. Probably in HR too but I dont remember him being that bad in HR.

I think Cyberpunk easily takes the reigns, were it not that the main quest is pretty damn short and I feel a bunch of these sidequests could have been put into the Main quest.

I dont understand why the main quest already ends.. im.not there yet but im at the mission that tells you, you this is the last mission bro.

Even after 90 hours the end will come too soon. So now im just doing all sidemissions and gigs I can find

Better
- Much larger and more lively areas to explore
- Interconnected and seamless world
- Great cast of characters
- Amazing side content
- Better combat
- Better abilities to unlock
- Much more variety in cosmetics, guns, swords etc.
- Additional gameplay variety with driving and BD's
- So far it seems like this won't end with a cliffhanger

Worse
- Despite Cyberpunk having a ton of lore, the conspiracy in Deus Ex runs much deeper
- Deus Ex feels bigger than yourself in that sense in Cyberpunk the stakes are more personal
- Deus EX MD still has areas that I never figured out how to enter or how to complete because the game is so complex Cyberpunk is much easier as you're mostly following markers that give you a general sense of direction
- In Deus Ex MD choices can really impact quests and outcomes in Cyberpunk so far, less so
- In Deus Ex MD everything is scripted after they had to drop out the random encounters at the last moment, in Cyberpunk some of the random encounters make less sense
- The world in Deus Ex MD is more 'aware' of your actions. Prague changes and evolves as you play along, subtle at first, more elaborate later but it is also more difficult to just turn a corner and expect to be considered 'friendly' after a killing spree

Mixed
- Cyberpunk doesn't explain most of its gameplay systems. You sort of discover how it works as you go along, this could be a pro or a con but I found Deus Ex MD had a nicer balance
- Again this could be a pro or a con but in Deus Ex MD you had to plan your moves more carefully, you couldn't just adapt and start shooting during a stealth segment without it having consequences

Cyberpunk has more window dressing while Deus Ex MD was a more focused experience. I'm a big fan of both and I haven't finished Cyberpunk yet but I think it'll win out in the end.
Deus Ex MD had some awesome segments like the Pallisade bank and Golem City while in Cyberpunk something like The Heist is amazing for different reasons.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #1618 on: December 21, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
People use exploits for infinite resources and then craft 10 000's of items. It seems to happen at the 80MB mark.

Now that my V has seen some shit she's definitely more aggro and then Johnny is like "Oh yeah you're finally getting it"   :mynicca

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yesterday I shot two tweaking Brain dancing scavs in the head and Judy was like: "Woah, you don't fuck around do you"
[close]

Doesn't run well enough on last gen consoles yet. Xbox Series S or playing through a Cloud Service would serve you better if you're looking for a cheaper option than building a new PC.

After watching DF videos I thought strangely that series s might be the single best console experience.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1619 on: December 21, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »

Oh man, I'd hold off on this one for a few more patches.