Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160734 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Number of Bugs
« Reply #1740 on: December 27, 2020, 01:02:02 PM »
Started reading the World of Cyberpunk today, because I figured it wouldn't have too many spoilers anymore.
Some interesting history on the corporate wars and how the different districts came to be and such but overall not much different from the lore you find in the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 to me feels like the start of something new that will improve with time. Either with sequels or with DLC.
The thing I'm mostly worried about is that due to the reception and legal headaches CDPR may face they will put it on ice after fixing this game.

I think there's room for both the Witcher and Cyberpunk but they need to expand their team to make it happen.
Also maybe just limit themselves to PC development and contract another studio for future console ports.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1741 on: December 27, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
For Witcher, it's improving combat feel, animations, and mechanical depth. For Cyberpunk, it's characterization, combat depth, and better dialog outright.

In many ways, Cyberpunk feels like a lot of Witcher stapled onto a first person shooter. GTA perfected cell phone usage or using something in the world to contact characters or start missions. In Cyberpunk, it's a mess trying to navigate messages and contact a character for something.
OH!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1742 on: December 27, 2020, 02:40:11 PM »
try finding a shard in the menu to progress a mission if you forget to click left on it after picking it up :stahp
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1743 on: December 27, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Getting close to 40 hours and I'm starting to feel meh about different parts of Cyberpunk. Night City is an amazing feat for environmental and art design, but I wish there was a lot more outside of the city for environments or towns.

There aren't a ton of likable characters or characterization besides a select few. The world itself feels pretty shallow. Which isn't surprising due to tone set. It doesn't feel like there's anything said about the real world versus what Cyberpunk is about. It's bordering on Ubisoft territory regarding that.
Yup. Far Cry comes to mind.
If it weren't for the side missions fleshing out the world, I'd point to Mafia 2 as its closest cousin.

BIG ENCHILADA: one big improvement would have been to get someone more charismatic and less wooden than keanu reeves to play jonny :rash
I've come to like the asshole, but I agree. Keanu's monotone really doesn't suit the charismatic hothead Silverhand is  supposed to be.

A lot of his dialogue is screwy as well. The writers seemed to think that avoiding conjunctions and prepositions is a shortcut to sounding tough. Maybe a better actor could have pulled it off. Maybe I should check out the other language tracks...

Something to ponder:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/23/lets-be-honest-we-all-know-who-should-have-actually-played-johnny-in-cyberpunk-2077/

tl;dr Nicolas Cage as Silverhand

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1744 on: December 27, 2020, 03:39:52 PM »
try finding a shard in the menu to progress a mission if you forget to click left on it after picking it up :stahp
You can call a character from the quest log, but you can't read their messages from there. :dizzy

To hack a shard, you have to look at all your shards, collapse (every time) all the categories you don't care about, scroll to the bottom, and then pick and hack it from there.

Messages? Those start collapsed.

And why oh why are the offers for vehicles in the quest log? Why are they generic quest icons on the map, not a yellow version of the vehicle icon?

Dozens of things like that in the UI.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1745 on: December 27, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
Keanu is great as Silverhand but we all know Brad Pitt is the real 'man in your head'
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1746 on: December 27, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
Yeah I had to look up how to hack that dumb fucking shard

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1747 on: December 27, 2020, 03:44:26 PM »
BIG ENCHILADA: one big improvement would have been to get someone more charismatic and less wooden than keanu reeves to play jonny :rash

Pondsmith wanted Keanu, so he got Keanu. Blame the creator of the IP for that.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1748 on: December 27, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »
i dont mind reeves usually, but i think someone a bit more colourful would have been better
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #1749 on: December 27, 2020, 03:48:16 PM »
Started reading the World of Cyberpunk today, because I figured it wouldn't have too many spoilers anymore.
Some interesting history on the corporate wars and how the different districts came to be and such but overall not much different from the lore you find in the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 to me feels like the start of something new that will improve with time. Either with sequels or with DLC.
The thing I'm mostly worried about is that due to the reception and legal headaches CDPR may face they will put it on ice after fixing this game.

I think there's room for both the Witcher and Cyberpunk but they need to expand their team to make it happen.
Also maybe just limit themselves to PC development and contract another studio for future console ports.

If you absolutely want to read lore:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cyberpunk-r-talsorian-books

Still a week left, and the Core rulebook/Sourcebook is included with GOG/Steam copies on PC already, but for $15 (or whatever in your Euromoon money) the books are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SOLID to flip through for 2020/2E. Sadly, RED/4E released like a few weeks before 2077 so it doesn't have a lot of books out yet, but you can find that at the usual places if you want to pirate that and flip through the aftermath of the 4th Corporate War since after the base rules (like 200 pages or so) there's another 100 or so explaining the timeline, corps, after-effects, etc)

I should note that this is for the TTRPG so it's gonna have TTRPG rules/etc. and additions (Solo of Fortune focuses on the "Solo" class/mercenary TTRPG class of 2020) but it adds weapons/etc. and (IIRC) explains how those weapons came to be. It's not for everyone but $15 USD for what amounts to like $200 on DrivethruRPG is solid.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:59:41 PM by thisismyusername »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1750 on: December 27, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »
I dunno I love Keanu in this game
What

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1751 on: December 27, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »
I think he's fine

:yeshrug

I think I would probably laugh more at Nic Cage but overall I would find him to be too much
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1752 on: December 27, 2020, 07:14:47 PM »
I think he's fine

:yeshrug

I think I would probably laugh more at Nic Cage but overall I would find him to be too much

spoilers?
https://twitter.com/enchga/status/1343348377413672960

:rash
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1753 on: December 27, 2020, 11:55:25 PM »
Yeah I had to look up how to hack that dumb fucking shard

lol same. I have so many gripes with this game. I also love it and haven't played much else lately.

keanu suits the role perfectly imo.
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1754 on: December 28, 2020, 12:16:39 AM »
Judy is bae

Also game is really fuckin pretty

yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1755 on: December 28, 2020, 12:24:25 AM »

dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1756 on: December 28, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »
i dont mind reeves usually, but i think someone a bit more colourful would have been better

If it was anyone but Keanu Reeves, Johnny Silverhand would have only been in the game for the major story missions. CDPR made him a constant presence in the game specifically because that's what Keanu wanted.
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1757 on: December 28, 2020, 02:04:26 AM »

:whew

Cant believe Panam didnt want to fuck me after giving me that look. Bitch.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1758 on: December 28, 2020, 03:49:37 AM »
She’s a terf :oreilly
(ice)

Coax

« Reply #1759 on: December 28, 2020, 05:17:29 AM »
Completed the secret ending on Normal. Turns out you do have some unique cutscenes/dialog including with an unexpected character.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also if you kill Smasher without speaking to him first you don't get the key from his body to his Ebunike hide out room :mindblown :sheik

Edit: turns out you do but you can't loot it at the time, the locked stuff just opens without it, thank god.
[close]

Screenshot
[close]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:41:12 AM by Coax »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1760 on: December 28, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
I settled on my favourite config:
1440p via DSR, DLSS at Quality (i.e. upsampling from 1080p to 1440p), downsampled to 1080p.

It's a circuitous way to maintain more detail with less shimmering, but if it works it works.

Why have I not done this sooner?!

Because I couldn't let RTX features go. :goty
[close]

Coax

« Reply #1761 on: December 28, 2020, 11:17:30 AM »
Was the cyberspace swimming segment @1:02 from this trailer anywhere in the game?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1762 on: December 28, 2020, 11:34:17 AM »
The scuba dive? It's a quest you get from Judy. I think you have to be a woman though, not sure.

Yesterday I discovered this quest at Jinguji, the up-scale clothing store downtown.
https://game8.co/games/Cyberpunk-2077/archives/314873

It references the very first CG teaser(s) for the game and you get a good long look at MaxTac.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1763 on: December 28, 2020, 12:25:04 PM »
GamersNexus did an in depth analysis and pretty much confirmed what I thought.

The game mixes different RT and non-RT effects so as soon as you go below High/Ultra with your settings you might miss out on some things.
Some effects are also more heavily used in certain areas and there's a difference in indoor/outdoor rendering too.
I like the DF guys but they really missed a few important details in how this game renders.

The fact that some people are not seeing a medium settings difference has more to do with the area they're testing than the actual effects.
The game sometimes throws you off because fog for example can be rendered both as 2D sprites or as 3D volumetric fog. So in some cases you might not see a difference in quality because the setting does not apply to a specific scene or effect.

In conclusion run the game on High/Ultra if you can without RT and enable RT if your rig can handle it. More performance can be gained only from tuning a couple effects.
For example if your outdoor performance is poor, rendering the clouds at medium can get you some additional performance but that of course does nothing for indoor scenes.
The most 'expensive' effect that you can tinker with for indoor areas is SSR. The best way to improve performance is to enable DLSS.
He also did some tests where he lowered SSR and enabled RT but that makes no measurable difference.

If you're CPU instead of GPU limited lowering crowd density is the only meaningful way to get additional frames.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1764 on: December 28, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
The scuba dive? It's a quest you get from Judy. I think you have to be a woman though, not sure.

Yesterday I discovered this quest at Jinguji, the up-scale clothing store downtown.
https://game8.co/games/Cyberpunk-2077/archives/314873

It references the very first CG teaser(s) for the game and you get a good long look at MaxTac.

I also came across this quest, very cool random event.

Also I did a very cool mission in a diner, where three guys rush in and pull a stickup.
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1765 on: December 28, 2020, 02:40:03 PM »
Completed the secret ending on Normal. Turns out you do have some unique cutscenes/dialog including with an unexpected character.

Also if you kill Smasher without speaking to him first you don't get the key from his body to his Ebunike hide out room :mindblown :sheik

Edit: turns out you do but you can't loot it at the time, the locked stuff just opens without it, thank god.
[close]

Screenshot
[close]
This scene apparently only happens if you sent him to Vic. :'(

Quaker

« Reply #1766 on: December 28, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »
That’s why you dress by fashion instead of stats  :fabulous  :snob

Or both :shh So long as you source the item with enough mod slots you can enhance them with Armadillo mods (the crafting spec of which is readily available). Each of the main looks I've used had 5-6 slots which when filled with Armadillo (Epic) for example can reach 1500-2000 armor.

I realized mid-way through the game that enhancing clothing specs via Upgrades is a dead-end since the component cost skyrockets quickly, whereas mod slots scale far more effectively, plus you can often find/buy higher spec'd dupes if you need the base item higher spec'd.
Any advice on how to get/find good crafting blueprints/specs for clothes?

Coax

« Reply #1768 on: December 29, 2020, 02:35:51 AM »

For crafting specs I've yet to find them for decent-looking (imo) clothes, though if you grind Crafting to level 18 you do get a Legendary Red Alert netrunner suit (seen in this screenshot) with four mod slots but it's not worth the grind tbh since a two mod slot version can be looted from the 'Cyberpsycho Sightings: Under the Bridge' sidequest.

Otherwise I've just looted or bought clothes. The clothing store Jinguji has a decent selection of one/two slot netrunner suits and Pozer jackets (this style, though the specific jacket I was wearing isn't sold anywhere afaict, I looted it from an NCPD 'assault in progress' body opposite the shooting range in the Valentino-occupied district).

General tip for buying: if a store doesn't have the item you want but seems like they carry similar/lower spec varieties skip time for 24 hours which will change the selection. Certain stores carry certain styles of clothes (there's one that only stocks Asian styles for ex.), some carry a broader range than others.

Something I also discovered late is V's original clothing scales to your level if you re-equip it. So the sneakers seen in this shot are like 84 armor, compared to ~7 when I had them in my stash.

Locations of some Legendary/Epic clothing items + screenshots
The best jacket, mod slot-wise, I've come across is a Reinforced-Laminate Military Flight Jacket (Legendary) with an extremely rare four slots. Looted in the building during the Gig: MIA (green arrow, below).

Can also loot the Gold-Tipped Manganese Steel Solo Boots (Legendary) said to be owned by Morgan Blackhand from a box with a red loot marker at the below location (green arrow), though these only have one mod slot. The most slots I've seen for shoes are two and are typically Epic.

I've always liked the Practical Aramid-Fiber High-Tops since they go with virtually any outfit. A two slot version can be bought from either the clothing shop below or the one in Lele Park. It took forever skipping time to get this color though.

An Epic BD wreath with the Bully mod (+30% crit damage) and +5% damage to high-threat enemies can be found in a backpack from an assault sidequest. If you don't care for the look and have the Waste Not, Want Not perk you can disassemble this to gain the attached mods.

[close]

Edit: and as for the Armadillo mod crafting spec it can be bought or looted a few places (just search for its location online). It will appear as a Common-tier crafting spec but the thing is it'll produce them from Common to Epic, just randomly. Since they're so cheap to craft I just make 5-10 at a time then disassemble the non-Epic tier versions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:56:14 AM by Coax »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1769 on: December 29, 2020, 01:15:11 PM »
The other day I came across some gangsters and they aggro'd on me but I didnt feel like fighting them so I grabbed a car and drove away

Then they came after me in a car and started shooting? I had never seen this before, it wasnt even a mission or anything scripted I believe. It was awesome.

Couldnt shoot from my car so I had to get out
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1770 on: December 29, 2020, 07:18:36 PM »
Played Cyberpunk for 50 hours, did all the major sidequests and finished the main quest (Rogue Ending) but I just can't play it anymore right now. I loved the game, it's 100% a me game, but the bugs just drag it down too much for me to want to invest any more time into it atm. When it's got a few more patches and the Next-Gen update (I'm playing it on XSX) I'll probably replay it.

Final Score: Johnny Silverhand/10
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1772 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
I think that's a good idea to do another playthrough later.
Keeps the game fresh and compared to the many other 200+ hour games this game seems more accessible to replay.
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #1773 on: December 29, 2020, 08:43:51 PM »
I just hit 50 hours, basically clearing side stuff off the map. The three progress things in the pause menu say 20%, 1%, and 5%. People said they finished the game and all side quests in 40 hours, Fuck off. I'm barely even reading the notes and shit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 09:14:39 PM by BikeJesus »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1774 on: December 29, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
Yeah that's crazy, I'm at like 60+ hours and my V % is 70 but I'm still technically in "act 2"
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1775 on: December 29, 2020, 09:00:29 PM »
I pretty much rinsed the game at 70h. Still could do a lot, like buy all cars, min-max clothing (for looks), etc. but it's all pointless and the world feels dead with all quests done.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1776 on: December 29, 2020, 09:34:21 PM »
You guys are 50 hours?

*Looks at 80-100 hours on Very Hard and nearly done with the blue NCPD quests without mopping up the Fixer Gigs* :doge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1777 on: December 29, 2020, 10:37:04 PM »
I decided to wait until we get some more patches to continue. I really want them to fix the AI. I love what I’ve played but I feel like with decent AI and police system it would be on another level. It also helps that I’m usually busy as hell this time of the year so it makes the decision easier.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1778 on: December 30, 2020, 01:02:24 AM »
I'm happy I mostly stayed media blackout on this game. People seem really disapointed. I never really watched most of the gameplay videos for this game and so I was just expecting the next game from the Witcher 3 developers. Which is what I got. So I'm happy.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1779 on: December 30, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »
I’m about 100 hours in, and mopped up everything except for half of the Glen/City Center, and haven’t set foot in Pacifica yet. I could see another 30 left at the pace I’m going.

For reference, doing about everything in Witcher 3 took me 140 hours (not counting the expansions which tacked on another 60). Though there’s not much narrative or dialog in the side stuff here compared W3, where even the most mundane seeming task could evolve into an insanely intricate plot. That just doesn’t happen here even if they try contextualize all the gigs. On the other hand, the gameplay and level-design in 77 is a lot more varied, intricate, and fun. It’s pretty interesting to see the trade offs done in both games.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:29:56 AM by BIONIC »
Margs

Coax

« Reply #1780 on: December 30, 2020, 01:55:48 AM »

Quaker

« Reply #1781 on: December 30, 2020, 02:11:34 AM »

For crafting specs I've yet to find them for decent-looking (imo) clothes, though if you grind Crafting to level 18 you do get a Legendary Red Alert netrunner suit (seen in this screenshot) with four mod slots but it's not worth the grind tbh since a two mod slot version can be looted from the 'Cyberpsycho Sightings: Under the Bridge' sidequest.

Otherwise I've just looted or bought clothes. The clothing store Jinguji has a decent selection of one/two slot netrunner suits and Pozer jackets (this style, though the specific jacket I was wearing isn't sold anywhere afaict, I looted it from an NCPD 'assault in progress' body opposite the shooting range in the Valentino-occupied district).

General tip for buying: if a store doesn't have the item you want but seems like they carry similar/lower spec varieties skip time for 24 hours which will change the selection. Certain stores carry certain styles of clothes (there's one that only stocks Asian styles for ex.), some carry a broader range than others.

Something I also discovered late is V's original clothing scales to your level if you re-equip it. So the sneakers seen in this shot are like 84 armor, compared to ~7 when I had them in my stash.

Locations of some Legendary/Epic clothing items + screenshots
The best jacket, mod slot-wise, I've come across is a Reinforced-Laminate Military Flight Jacket (Legendary) with an extremely rare four slots. Looted in the building during the Gig: MIA (green arrow, below).

Can also loot the Gold-Tipped Manganese Steel Solo Boots (Legendary) said to be owned by Morgan Blackhand from a box with a red loot marker at the below location (green arrow), though these only have one mod slot. The most slots I've seen for shoes are two and are typically Epic.

I've always liked the Practical Aramid-Fiber High-Tops since they go with virtually any outfit. A two slot version can be bought from either the clothing shop below or the one in Lele Park. It took forever skipping time to get this color though.

An Epic BD wreath with the Bully mod (+30% crit damage) and +5% damage to high-threat enemies can be found in a backpack from an assault sidequest. If you don't care for the look and have the Waste Not, Want Not perk you can disassemble this to gain the attached mods.

[close]

Edit: and as for the Armadillo mod crafting spec it can be bought or looted a few places (just search for its location online). It will appear as a Common-tier crafting spec but the thing is it'll produce them from Common to Epic, just randomly. Since they're so cheap to craft I just make 5-10 at a time then disassemble the non-Epic tier versions.
Thanks, this helps a lot.

Coax

« Reply #1782 on: December 30, 2020, 02:15:11 AM »
Yeah that's crazy, I'm at like 60+ hours and my V % is 70 but I'm still technically in "act 2"

The percentage stats are kinda misleading in terms of story progression, perhaps intentionally so. The first is related to street cred (at max street cred the percentage becomes 90%), the second your relationship level with Johnny* and the last is V's relic effects progression which remains at 40% for the longest time.

*The relationship status can be as high as 50-70% yet strangely only one decision matters regarding any gameplay changes so the stat is more for flavor text.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:22:07 AM by Coax »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1783 on: December 30, 2020, 06:35:21 AM »

[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1784 on: December 30, 2020, 06:40:00 AM »
Rogue is the best waifu honestly and this game is big on butts I think.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1785 on: December 30, 2020, 06:46:09 AM »
i lezzed off with judy :drool
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2020, 06:53:43 AM »
Margs

thisismyusername

« Reply #1787 on: December 30, 2020, 07:11:02 AM »

The percentage stats are kinda misleading in terms of story progression, perhaps intentionally so. The first is related to street cred (at max street cred the percentage becomes 90%), the second your relationship level with Johnny* and the last is V's relic effects progression which remains at 40% for the longest time.

*The relationship status can be as high as 50-70% yet strangely only one decision matters regarding any gameplay changes so the stat is more for flavor text.

That's not true or it's bugged because I'm 30%, 20%, 10%.

BIONIC

« Reply #1788 on: December 30, 2020, 07:14:26 AM »
The first box is based on gigs/missions finished as far as I can tell. I’ve been max street feed for like 50 hours and it still keeps rising.
Margs

Coax

« Reply #1789 on: December 30, 2020, 07:28:28 AM »
That's not true or it's bugged because I'm 30%, 20%, 10%.

Strange, since I know you're at max cred IIRC. Grew from ~70% to 90% (max) for me while on on v1.04 before I'd gotten to the final mission (and while street cred was reaching max) but perhaps main/sidequests contributed to that as well like Bionic said. The second two percentages are accurate in what they relate to though, from the consensus online.

I was aiming for a Burya once I'd seen all the different types, but they're just too cumbersome.

Got around to crafting the Comrade's Hammer (Burya base) to see what the fuss is about. The damage is wild at 3127 DPS with crit mods though the reload speed is sniper rifle level slow. Crash/Overture is the much better all-rounder in that sense.

Took it for a trial run on some bandits. When you headshot someone and their legs fly off :teehee

https://a.uguu.se/cwHsMyXs.mp4
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:38:59 AM by Coax »

thisismyusername

« Reply #1790 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »
Level 37 or so, 50 Street Credit, yeah.

like 3 more Blue NCPD missions left and then I gotta mop up all the yellow Side Gigs before finishing the story.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1791 on: December 30, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
can you mop up any missed quests post credits?
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1792 on: December 30, 2020, 11:34:41 AM »
What

Coax

« Reply #1793 on: December 30, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
can you mop up any missed quests post credits?

Sidequests, yeah. It's a little different how they handle it compared to The Witcher 3 though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 11:59:10 AM by Coax »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1794 on: December 30, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »
:hmm

think i'll just do the important shit and then blast thru the rest of the fixer side gigs and police alerts while listening to podcasts post game
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:00:57 PM by Piss Benoit »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1795 on: December 30, 2020, 12:32:33 PM »
My bro send me a nice gift :pimp

🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1796 on: December 30, 2020, 03:06:53 PM »
I beat it, 100%, and did all endings.

-Main quest is great, and all the endings are really well done. It is pretty linear though, no real big "branching" points until the last hour or so.
I guess saving Takemura kinda counts as it is hidden, but doesn't seem to have a huge impact aside from the Arasaka end mission
[close]
-I think every side quest is worth playing (except the boxing one which I cba to do). I'm not sure I got to the end of the Peralez/mayor one though because I
told the guy he was being spied on and that his wife knew
[close]
. It is stupid that for some side-quest chains you have to keep skipping 24 hour periods to get the next quest with no warning as such. Like, at least send a text saying "I'll get in touch in a few days" or whatever.
-Of the "tickbox" quests, the "assaults in progress" are pure filler, but the gigs are much more fun.
-The world, the aesthetics :lawd
-Driving still sucks even with bikes / 3rd person. They've really got to fix this shit.
-The game needs New Game+, preferably a "everything is scaled to lvl 50 and encounters are tweaked". It kinda sucks that now I have good gear and good perks I've already completed all the things. :(
-I think the skill levels are kinda borked. I never hit (or got close to hitting) level 20 on anything through 100%ing the game. Instead I had to craft a lot of shit. On a related note they need to add in more $$ to the game.
-I encountered bugs, but most were clipping bugs or the occasional UI/sound fuckery (stuck subtitles, stuck in scan mode, stuck phone call, etc)

Overall, I award the game a 98 Metacritic and the "Cyberpunk as fuck" award.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1797 on: December 30, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »
Found a Tyger Claws Dojo on a side mission.

Optional objective was not to raise an alarm so I completed the mission silently and then returned in style

Add more photo mode katana poses to the wishlist
[close]
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1798 on: December 30, 2020, 10:40:00 PM »
-Main quest is great, and all the endings are really well done. It is pretty linear though, no real big "branching" points until the last hour or so.
I guess saving Takemura kinda counts as it is hidden, but doesn't seem to have a huge impact aside from the Arasaka end mission
[close]

Saving Takemura and then doing the Rogue ending is great because you get a message from Takemura over the credits where he talks about committing seppuku and then tells you to rot in hell. :lol
[close]
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #1799 on: December 31, 2020, 01:42:59 AM »
Level 43. Got 3 of the districts cleared according to achievement pop-ups. I've got like 18 or so more Side Gigs/jobs to do in the areas that aren't counting the "Beat the Brats." I'm honestly not sure how to do those on low body (3), so with these like last 7 levels I'm going to bring that up to 10 to where my stats are like 10, 10, 10, 20, 20.