Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160470 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Number of Bugs
« Reply #1680 on: December 24, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »
Just like every girl I meet IRL

:(
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1681 on: December 24, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »
What are your wishes for the future? Mine?

More appartments/upgrade appartment/working CLOSET
Garage where you can store cars you can steal/own
Transmog for items
NPC's on bikes, gangs on bikes, police on bikes.
Gangs in cars that you can piss off?
Shoot from your car while it autodrives? Maybe if you combine it with above features
A few activities, where is my Cyber Gwent or Pazaak equivalent?
Barber/Body modification
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1682 on: December 24, 2020, 02:58:06 PM »
How does car ownership work in the game?

You hold down (or a key on PC) and you get a list of cars you own, and it will just spawn somewhere near you and drive towards you.

You at the moment can only buy cars, or find cars that are free that will remain in that list.

You cannot 'save' stolen cars in a garage.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1683 on: December 24, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

Transmog for items
Shoot from your car while it autodrives? Maybe if you combine it with above features
Barber/Body modification
Barber/body mods is the obvious one indeed as well as having more places to sleep/stash.

- More map icon variety (so you can easily tell what is a mission and what is a vehicle for example, perhaps color coded to differentiate the main quest lines)
- A sort of mercenary system that Assassins Creed Odyssey and the LOTR games have, there's other mercenaries hunting you (or you can hunt them) to climb the ladder
- More side activities (create your own 'turf' in Night City, maybe something with music or playing the arcades)
- Bike races (I think there's only car races?)
- Access to more BD's (just buy crazy shit over the counter, instead of being limited to specific story BD's)
- A better in-game economy (seems pretty strange in terms of item value right now)
- Ability to have friends join you in side missions (there's a bug that allows this, but would be cool if you could just call Panam or Judy to help out with a difficult side gig in exchange for a cut of the take)
- A working transit system (I don't think you can board trains?)
- More gun variety (I'd like rocket launchers, flamethrowers and such)
- Flying vehicles to pilot
- Progression being visible in the city (i.e. certain gangs show up more/less, neighbourhoods are trashed/clean etc.)
- Dojo's for Katana fights with Lawrence Fishburne running it  8)
- Ability to play the entire game in third person
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1684 on: December 24, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »

Transmog for items
Barber/Body modification

Ass slider in character creation

:phil
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1685 on: December 24, 2020, 05:48:19 PM »

Transmog for items
Barber/Body modification

Ass slider in character creation

:phil
Bigger boobs and magnum dong too :trumps

Plus enemies that blend in with the citizens.
Say, you're in a bar and you don't just see all the gang bangers standing around.
Instead they mingle with the public and once you start shooting or they try to take you out they reveal themselves.
Kinda like that club scene from Scarface.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:14:54 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1686 on: December 24, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
Forgot I took this shot.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1687 on: December 24, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1688 on: December 24, 2020, 07:11:00 PM »
What are your wishes for the future?

Being able to change from virgin euro trash metric units to the chad imperial :trumps
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1689 on: December 24, 2020, 07:17:49 PM »
 :lol

you got that backwards sonny, like your dates
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1690 on: December 24, 2020, 08:05:40 PM »
? for the Dutch screenshot bros: what are your PCs Nintex/Mmarsu?
Ryzen 7 5800X
Aorus Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
32GB 3600mhz DDR4 RAM
Aorus M2 Nvme SSD (5000 mb/s)

This runs the game Ultra at 1440p / DLSS Quality at 60 - 90fps without Ray Tracing.

With Medium Ray Tracing optimized settings from DF* I could lock it at 30fps because unlocked it would hover between 45 - 70fps and sometimes dip below 30.
30fps was my original target but the game relies quite a bit more on speedy movements and snappy combat than I expected so I went with 60fps without RT instead.
At 30fps the combat was just too sluggish for my tastes and it would sometimes drop below 30fps. Any DLSS setting below quality destroys the IQ and the game looks great without RT too.

They developed this game before RT was a thing so turning it off (unlike in say the latest COD which has missing shadows without RT) enables alternative baked lights/shadows and such. I think DF did a decent enough comparison but RT medium and Reflections don't do as much if your baseline isn't ultra settings. Unless you have an RTX 2080 Ti/3070/3080 to handle the RT Ultra setting or play at 1080p you sort of end up in a worst of both worlds situation. Disabling RT and keeping everything else at Ultra makes sure that you won't lose any 'pre-baked' detail that you might miss at lower settings. They're not using all effects everywhere so turning some settings to medium might not make a difference in one spot but will in another. Some of these settings also don't show any real change unless you reset the game.

All tricks that are recommended for more FPS over the last few weeks (DLSS Performance or Ultra Performance, setting your Nvidia control panel to its highest performance setting etc.) only do one thing, which is destroy the IQ and texture filtering.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:16:04 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1691 on: December 24, 2020, 09:40:56 PM »

Transmog for items
Barber/Body modification

Would like to see an expansion and more in-depth use of brain dance. I actually liked that aspect of the game, but it felt like it only popped up a few times. Also, Strange Days is a good movie.
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1692 on: December 24, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »
son, are you winning?

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

yes dad  :drool
[close]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 11:26:58 PM by Great Rumbler »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1693 on: December 25, 2020, 03:42:16 AM »
Gonna guess Gilhaney ain't playing on console…

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1694 on: December 25, 2020, 03:47:18 AM »
Still happens on console. Just maybe you can't make out the bush...

Coax

« Reply #1695 on: December 25, 2020, 06:32:59 AM »
That’s why you dress by fashion instead of stats  :fabulous  :snob

Or both :shh So long as you source the item with enough mod slots you can enhance them with Armadillo mods (the crafting spec of which is readily available). Each of the main looks I've used had 5-6 slots which when filled with Armadillo (Epic) for example can reach 1500-2000 armor.

I realized mid-way through the game that enhancing clothing specs via Upgrades is a dead-end since the component cost skyrockets quickly, whereas mod slots scale far more effectively, plus you can often find/buy higher spec'd dupes if you need the base item higher spec'd.

Been using these combos recently:

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1696 on: December 25, 2020, 08:25:59 AM »
I just wear whatever spawns with 30% crit damage or crit chance and fill the remaining slots with armour mods. I can see how crafting from the ground up would be completely busted. Maybe it's necessary on higher difficulties.

I've also been using the same gun for like the last 20 hours. A legendary 6-slot Overture. Hard to find a replacement. Even the iconic weapons can't keep up with headshot damage and crit chance mods.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1697 on: December 25, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »
Gonna guess Gilhaney ain't playing on console…

3090 baby  :success

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1698 on: December 25, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
btw the in night city song is fucking terrible and makes me :rage everyone.i hear it

I've not loathed a song as much in a long long time
(ice)

Coax

« Reply #1699 on: December 25, 2020, 12:15:24 PM »
I just wear whatever spawns with 30% crit damage or crit chance and fill the remaining slots with armour mods. I can see how crafting from the ground up would be completely busted. Maybe it's necessary on higher difficulties.

There's a perk that collects attached mods when disassembling items, which is useful for obtaining rare ones like Bully (+30% crit chance) from items I don't want to wear, however apparently Bully doesn't stack I later realized and others confirmed online. Seems like a bug since it states the combined crit chance on the clothing but the stats list states differently. At one point I was preparing for a four-slot all crit jacket monster but the stats said I maxed out at 30% :-\

On Hard difficulty at least enemies can kill me in 1-3 shots depending on their distance/weapon, even with 2000-3000 armor. Was never an issue in my first playthrough since I used stealth/etc but there's a section of the game I want to play which has no checkpoints and disables saves and with so many enemies I need better odds :doge

I've also been using the same gun for like the last 20 hours. A legendary 6-slot Overture. Hard to find a replacement. Even the iconic weapons can't keep up with headshot damage and crit chance mods.

High spec Overture revolvers are the most OP weapons in the game ime. The legendary Crash revolver I've crafted up and using atm is a renamed version of it but even my old vanilla epic Overture is still my third best weapon, DPS/crit-wise.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1700 on: December 25, 2020, 12:39:58 PM »
There's a perk that collects attached mods when disassembling items, which is useful for obtaining rare ones like Bully (+30% crit chance) from items I don't want to wear, however apparently Bully doesn't stack I later realized and others confirmed online. Seems like a bug since it states the combined crit chance on the clothing but the stats list states differently. At one point I was preparing for a four-slot all crit jacket monster but the stats said I maxed out at 30% :-\
I thought about it and even kept a bunch of items to eventually harvest, but that perk is so deep into Tech you might as well go all in on crafting.
It's not like those mods show up a lot, either. Dunno why that part had to be kept in check whith all the other broken shit in the game.

On Hard difficulty at least enemies can kill me in 1-3 shots depending on their distance/weapon, even with 2000-3000 armor. Was never an issue in my first playthrough since I used stealth/etc but there's a section of the game I want to play which has no checkpoints and disables saves and with so many enemies I need better odds :doge
I enjoyed Death March difficult in Witcher 3, but I'm gonna stick with normal for this because most enemies have guns. :doge

High spec Overture revolvers are the most OP weapons in the game ime. The legendary Crash revolver I've crafted up and using atm is a renamed version of it but even my old vanilla epic Overture is still my third best weapon, DPS/crit-wise.
Yeah, best all around. I see 200k crits on enemies that have maybe 5k HP. CDPR balance. :delicious

I was aiming for a Burya once I'd seen all the different types, but they're just too cumbersome. Overture are good as is, no need for reload speed, recoil reduction, etc. Just pump up the damage and explode heads.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1701 on: December 25, 2020, 01:16:18 PM »
I think my next playthrough I'm gonna do a crafting focused nomad dude V (wanna waifu Panam, she's not into chicks  :'( )
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1702 on: December 25, 2020, 03:26:50 PM »
Judy: come over
Me: cant, doing shit for chinese lad
Judy: Evelyn isnt home

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1703 on: December 25, 2020, 03:47:57 PM »

Transmog for items
Barber/Body modification

-More crowds (even on "high" it's FAR LOWER than the E3 version. :shazammeme )
-Better Stash (clothing/guns/etc. gets muddled in it)
-Better driving, MY GOD IS THE DRIVING HORRIBLE
->Parking??????? Why am I throwing my car on the sidewalks? :rofl
-Subway/Metro actually working and removing fast-travel (or giving an option to turn on/off this)
->Busses? There are bus-stops in the game but they're near the fast-travel points. TonyKornheiserWHY.jpg
-Better questing
-More Cyberspace shit (as a Netrunner [OG/reboot] player this is the fucking hugely disappointing thing for me after years of hyping myself up for this)
-> Hacking to actually be interesting than Jedi Mind-trick bullshittery, even if that Jedi-Mind Trickery can be fucking overpowered as shit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kh8m58/lvl_20_intelligence_be_like/

-Very Hard to have a better leveling curve/balance
->Because you can abuse the shit out of certain skills (see: Quick hacking) once you boost your levels enough to where you can basically sit in cover/far enough away and the AI can't do shit, or the AI will never look for you even in close-combat because the AI is early-access/fucking broken right now
-Very Hard's EXP balance to be better curved. I'm Street Credit Level 50 while Character Level 20 right now 60 hours into the game. What the FUCK: CD Project?
->To go with that, Skills are tied to stats: Ok, fine. But if I keep doing skills, I should get EXP and continue to get EXP or at least get Perk points up to the level 20 maximum and not get the status/better benefits of the skills so I can put those points into the skills and/or elsewhere if I so much as want to.
-Crafting to be able to be done via shops and not have to invest points into it
->3 of my points are to get Legendary Quickhacks that should go into the level 20 Quick-hack unlocked perk that makes RAM recovery faster
-A total redo on the conversion from TTRPG to video game. Fucking Shadowrun of all fucking games did a better job of converting TTRPG rules and it's IP to video games (let's not mention the atrocious FPS based on the IP). And I hate Shadowrun.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1704 on: December 25, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1705 on: December 25, 2020, 05:41:44 PM »

Transmog for items
Barber/Body modification

-More crowds (even on "high" it's FAR LOWER than the E3 version. :shazammeme )
-Better Stash (clothing/guns/etc. gets muddled in it)
-Better driving, MY GOD IS THE DRIVING HORRIBLE
->Parking??????? Why am I throwing my car on the sidewalks? :rofl
-Subway/Metro actually working and removing fast-travel (or giving an option to turn on/off this)
->Busses? There are bus-stops in the game but they're near the fast-travel points. TonyKornheiserWHY.jpg
-Better questing
-More Cyberspace shit (as a Netrunner [OG/reboot] player this is the fucking hugely disappointing thing for me after years of hyping myself up for this)
-> Hacking to actually be interesting than Jedi Mind-trick bullshittery, even if that Jedi-Mind Trickery can be fucking overpowered as shit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kh8m58/lvl_20_intelligence_be_like/

(Image removed from quote.)

-Very Hard to have a better leveling curve/balance
->Because you can abuse the shit out of certain skills (see: Quick hacking) once you boost your levels enough to where you can basically sit in cover/far enough away and the AI can't do shit, or the AI will never look for you even in close-combat because the AI is early-access/fucking broken right now
-Very Hard's EXP balance to be better curved. I'm Street Credit Level 50 while Character Level 20 right now 60 hours into the game. What the FUCK: CD Project?
->To go with that, Skills are tied to stats: Ok, fine. But if I keep doing skills, I should get EXP and continue to get EXP or at least get Perk points up to the level 20 maximum and not get the status/better benefits of the skills so I can put those points into the skills and/or elsewhere if I so much as want to.
-Crafting to be able to be done via shops and not have to invest points into it
->3 of my points are to get Legendary Quickhacks that should go into the level 20 Quick-hack unlocked perk that makes RAM recovery faster
-A total redo on the conversion from TTRPG to video game. Fucking Shadowrun of all fucking games did a better job of converting TTRPG rules and it's IP to video games (let's not mention the atrocious FPS based on the IP). And I hate Shadowrun.

I'm about 35 hours in and I'm at Character level 21 with level 36 street cred, mainly doing side quests and avoiding most busy work crime quests, been playing on very hard most of the time.

You somehow followed a natural street cred growth curve, while not gaining character levels. I have no clue how this happened to you though, you'd think all side quest stuff gives similar xp.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #1706 on: December 25, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »
Same. I'm only like 25% into Act 2. I'm mopping up side-quests and have done the entire north so far.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1707 on: December 25, 2020, 08:52:09 PM »
I chose the worst ending.
Asked Rogue for help, then returned to my body. (The secret ending plays out the same if you return to your body, which was really disappointing.)
[close]

It's not a nightmare like the Arasaka ending, but just - dismal. The worst arc for V as a character. The voicemails during the credits twist the knife; Judy's especially. If that's a DLC hook, the DLC needs to be stellar (hyuk hyuk).

Having seen all the endings I would have preferred for the plot to have branched in the middle, with all the 'side quests' that influence the ending as paths. They're too substantial to be optional, with how short the main quest actually is. Could have more tightly integrated them that way and had one grand finale, rather than fragments of one spread across three different choices.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1708 on: December 26, 2020, 02:18:46 AM »
btw the in night city song is fucking terrible and makes me :rage everyone.i hear it

I've not loathed a song as much in a long long time
If it helps, I bet the devs loathe it even more at this point.

Coax

« Reply #1709 on: December 26, 2020, 02:56:56 AM »
- Dojo's for Katana fights with Lawrence Fishburne running it  8)

Anyone else notice various of the 3-star wanted spawning cops use literal Agent Smith dodges when you try to shoot them?

Read that you can obtain Legendary quickhacks via hacking access points 100% but the chances are so low that the perk is the better route. There's one sidequest that contains a Legendary System Reset though: Spellbound (only if you perform the appropriate breach protocol).

Ironically I invested almost as much in Intelligence as Technical Ability by the time I got the end yet didn't experience the more interesting side of quickhacks until I crafted various of the Rare-tier chips + the Plague perk (spreadable quickhacks spread to extra enemies) + the awesome Tetratronic Rippler Mk.4 cyberdeck which is totally the best cyberdeck in the game with its 75% quickhack upload reduction speed and ability to spread Ultimate quickhacks to an extra enemy (Ultimates listed here).

Contrary to posts I've read online that cyberdeck doesn't conflict with the Plague perk, I've tested it multiple times. Thing I've found though is the game can be picky on how the quickhacks spread, so eg: with Plague lv 2 sometimes it spreads to 4 enemies but sometimes only 3 depending on who received it first (or something).

I chose the worst ending. The secret ending plays out the same...

From what I've read, following the alt mission you mention you get a choice of either your ending or the NDF ending (which can also be triggered from your ending, too by choosing a different option at the end, IIRC).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:48:40 AM by Coax »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1710 on: December 26, 2020, 06:59:06 AM »
From what I've read, following the alt mission you mention you get a choice of either your ending or the NDF ending (which can also be triggered from your ending, too by choosing a different option at the end, IIRC).
Yeah, it recycles both options from the Rogue ending. Bummer.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1711 on: December 26, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »
Wtf I was playing rn and I was noticing my FPS was bad like 33fps driving around, sure I have everything turned up at 1440p but I was like whuh and I checked my settings and DLSS was off, then I was impressed like aight good performance then but I cant enable DLSS anymore in my settings????

WTF

Now I have to reinstall my drivers or some shit

Nvm a restart fixed it

Turning on quality instantly gives me a boost to almost 60fps driving in the city 😂🤣🙏

Thank you Nvidia gods
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1712 on: December 26, 2020, 07:35:46 AM »
The game has had performance degredation from the start, but I've noticed that it progresses much faster since 1.06.

It's tied to RTX features somehow, as turning those off solves the problem. (Could also be DLSS, but I didn't test it individually to confirm.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1713 on: December 26, 2020, 08:12:32 AM »
The game has had performance degredation from the start, but I've noticed that it progresses much faster since 1.06.

It's tied to RTX features somehow, as turning those off solves the problem. (Could also be DLSS, but I didn't test it individually to confirm.)
Yup one of the reasons I turned off RTX were strange drops, sometimes to 20fps or even lower for no particular reason.
For example, I would enter a bar and it would be at 40 - 60 fps, but as soon as I walked close to a wall to look at a poster it would drop to 20fps or lower when I moved away from the wall it ran fine again.
There was this spot where just one step forwards or backwards could result in a 40fps increase or decrease.
Tested without RT to get the opposite result. The closer I walked to a wall the higher the framerate, which makes more sense as there's less objects in view to render.
The best explanation I can think of is that because these surfaces aren't reflective in a way that you could see your character from afar they didn't turn off the reflections of your character like they did for glass.
Could also be the LOD, maybe for these particular materials a certain high quality LOD doesn't exist, so it tries and fails to load an asset which results in drops.

It might be an Nvidia driver issue though, because I noticed the same behaviour in Call of Duty sometimes but because that runs at ~120fps most of the time I could only tell because the framerate counter dropped to 70 or something.
Overall RT at this point is bolted onto old engines or added to games that were in development for a while.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1714 on: December 26, 2020, 08:32:15 AM »
I think they might have fucked performance across the board with the latest patch :girlaff

It seems to drop frame rate randomly where it didn't before on boner x and sometimes it seems fine, idk
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1715 on: December 26, 2020, 08:56:38 AM »
Yup one of the reasons I turned off RTX were strange drops, sometimes to 20fps or even lower for no particular reason.
For example, I would enter a bar and it would be at 40 - 60 fps, but as soon as I walked close to a wall to look at a poster it would drop to 20fps or lower when I moved away from the wall it ran fine again.
I noticed those in otherwise featureless stairwells. Trash bags and blood pools can cause similar drops. Turning off RT reflections OR local shadows fixed it for me, but that's obviously undesireable.

Something about conventional shadows doesn't play nice with RT on.

Everyone seems to be testing on 30-series cards which might have enough grunt to pave over this issue.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1716 on: December 26, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
Read that you can obtain Legendary quickhacks via hacking access points 100% but the chances are so low that the perk is the better route. There's one sidequest that contains a Legendary System Reset though: Spellbound (only if you perform the appropriate breach protocol).

Ironically I invested almost as much in Intelligence as Technical Ability by the time I got the end yet didn't experience the more interesting side of quickhacks until I crafted various of the Rare-tier chips + the Plague perk (spreadable quickhacks spread to extra enemies) + the awesome Tetratronic Rippler Mk.4 cyberdeck which is totally the best cyberdeck in the game with its 75% quickhack upload reduction speed and ability to spread Ultimate quickhacks to an extra enemy (Ultimates listed here).

Contrary to posts I've read online that cyberdeck doesn't conflict with the Plague perk, I've tested it multiple times. Thing I've found though is the game can be picky on how the quickhacks spread, so eg: with Plague lv 2 sometimes it spreads to 4 enemies but sometimes only 3 depending on who received it first (or something).

If you're talking Rache's quickhack, I did that quest but I don't think I've crafted that one. I crafted the others/non-Lethals as I'm going non-Lethal this playthrough. Which is probably why I'm SC: 50 and only level 20. :rofl

Spreading the hacks is good and cool, but I rather have RAM recovery and speed over it. Generally enemies are not as clumped together to make the extra spread worthwhile, and besides there's a 6 meter spread perk to make the Netdeck +1 worthless.

Ping + Overheat + Shock + Contagion = GG to even skull/higher level enemies than you. You can basically ping a machine near the location you want to overpower, then remote hack all the enemies and if they try to find you/leave the area, you just hide behind cover/move away and continue to do it.

kingv

« Reply #1717 on: December 26, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
These PC Screens are really impressive. The faces are a bunch better than on Series X. Especially for the non important NPCS. Which look like gonks in the Xbox version

Coax

« Reply #1718 on: December 26, 2020, 11:17:00 AM »
*snip*

Yeah, street cred seems to level rather quickly with stealth KOs.

With the Legendary System Reset (non-lethal btw and enemies right next to them don't even notice until a while later :doge) you get a subsequent passive after it has cooled down that reduces quickhack cost for each enemy defeated, which continues for up to 6 enemies and lasts post-combat ime. So something costly like Cyberpsychosis (12 RAM) becomes 6 RAM. Very useful if you want to stretch your usage (could probably also combine with a RAM Jolt).

Added the Diffusion perk which doubles the spread radius and makes NCPD assault scenarios amusing for even non-lethal with everyone locked up in Cripple Movement and their weapons disabled (Epic version) while I go around grabbing each of them from behind :lol Admittedly all this makes stealth less risky and rewarding though tbf I didn't invest in this recently for street scuffles but high-threat enemies.

kingv

« Reply #1719 on: December 26, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
Got to a mission where I am actually having trouble. My v is squishy as hell.

Also fucked my man, and then was running around with my dick all the way out for a few missions. Didn’t realize they put me into an outfit where I was in nothing but a tank top.

Big ups to them little kids for not making a big deal about it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1720 on: December 26, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
Also fucked my man, and then was running around with my dick all the way out for a few missions. Didn’t realize they put me into an outfit where I was in nothing but a tank top.

:whew
dog

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1721 on: December 26, 2020, 03:53:33 PM »
lol @ the main quest in this being as long as if nor shorter than the main quest in blood and wine :whew
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #1722 on: December 26, 2020, 07:37:37 PM »
*snip*

Yeah, street cred seems to level rather quickly with stealth KOs.

With the Legendary System Reset (non-lethal btw and enemies right next to them don't even notice until a while later :doge) you get a subsequent passive after it has cooled down that reduces quickhack cost for each enemy defeated, which continues for up to 6 enemies and lasts post-combat ime. So something costly like Cyberpsychosis (12 RAM) becomes 6 RAM. Very useful if you want to stretch your usage (could probably also combine with a RAM Jolt).

Added the Diffusion perk which doubles the spread radius and makes NCPD assault scenarios amusing for even non-lethal with everyone locked up in Cripple Movement and their weapons disabled (Epic version) while I go around grabbing each of them from behind :lol Admittedly all this makes stealth less risky and rewarding though tbf I didn't invest in this recently for street scuffles but high-threat enemies.

I haven't bothered with Cripple Movement. I tried "Whistle" for some Splinter Cell like "come here and let me stab you in the kidneys with my Karambit hug you to sleep." but wasn't super impressed with it. Double so with how distinguished mentally-challenged the AI is currently. "Oh you grabbed my friend that is three feet to the side of me? *YELLOW ALERT, perk is 7 Cool on Very Hard you can drag them around a corner quick enough* ...Huh, just the wind." *Stealth patriotic choking noises* "...Yeah, just the wind." *grab that dude and stuff him in the locker like the nerd he is*

AI needs some work, along with other things. The game is fun but it's very undercooked for 3 years development (BUT MUH EIGHT YE--*slaps the shit out of consolers that don't understand that it started after the Witcher 3 and was announced very early and they fucked up not cancelling because they had pre-orders there*).

Hopefully they fix it, but the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of Cyberspace. Even with Pondsmith's RED/4E TTRPG revision to make Netrunning less a chore (compare cross-word puzzles/2020, 2E to "lol ride an elevator straight down"/RED, 4E) lore justification (Bartmoss released a virus that basically killed the old Internet to where Runners have to be physically on-location now)/rebalance it's disappointing that the Netrunning doesn't involve the greater internet that Cyberspace/fully stimmed up Netrunners should probably be running/risking their lives on.

Well that and the TTRPG rules being cut out (there's photos/documented development images of Humanity Loss for Cyberworks/Implants/Chromed up) to where it's nothing more than a Deus Ex clone now.

William Gibson was sort-of right with the GTA5 comparison on seeing the original E3 trailer. I figured he was being salty as fuck like the 4chan nerds about "WAHHH MUH CYBERPUNK IS GRIMDARK AND RAINY LIKE BLADE RUNNER WAHHHHH YOU CAN'T HAVE CALIFORNIA BE SUNNY IN THE DAYTIME WAHHHH!" but the gameplay wise... I can see why he'd think that.

(Also while I'm bitching:

Big McLargeHuge (1080p anyway) desktop image that I've had since they released that photo in the hype cycle as my Desktop background. You can't even fucking ride the advertised method of travel which pisses me off.

mormapope

« Reply #1723 on: December 26, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
The enemy AI in my game keeps falling over in the middle of combat. Like, they stumble over nothing and I shoot them with a shotgun while they lay on the floor
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #1724 on: December 26, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
The enemy AI in my game keeps falling over in the middle of combat. Like, they stumble over nothing and I shoot them with a shotgun while they lay on the floor

1.06 Hotfix patch basically introduced floating items on nothing (seen food and junk doing that). I'm wondering if the AI stumbling around is seeing something that isn't there (literally, you can walk through the area you looted the phantom hanging item on) and ragdolling because of that. :lol

Shuri

« Reply #1725 on: December 26, 2020, 07:57:31 PM »
I'm having this bug where my controls just stop working. I can't shoot, or reload, or do anything.   :doge maybe i'm just a dumbfuck and some enemy hacked me? This happens randomly against street bums too, so I dunno. I'm playing the PC Version. It happens once or twice a session, I gotta reload and my controls go back to normal.

I'm taking it real slow with the game, doing all those side missions, area by area.

I banged some random street walker, then as I was exiting, I got a booty call from this random character I met in a mission (the dialogs were hilariously porny, she never showed any interestes, she was like V I MUST SEE YOU, and my V sent "WHY! OH I WANT TO SEE THOSE TATTOOS OF YOURS UPCLOSE" and she told me to meet her  at the no-tell motel. I just drove there right away  :lol I hope V uses protection and showered between them. The sex stuff is so awkward and soulless.

Maybe I should work on the main story, but it's not SUPER interesting tbh.

Is there even a point to buying cars? Can you modify them? I just use Jackie's bike to get around. I was really expecting something cooler about cars, like we were going to be able to buy armors, weapons and other cool shit on install on your cars, but nope. At least so far. It's a shame because you see all those pimped out gang cars but you can't do anything..

Unless this shit unlocks when you finally buy your own non-free car?

I also found a  Mad Max Fury Road easter egg, that was kinda neat.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:02:37 PM by Shuri »

BikeJesus

« Reply #1726 on: December 26, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
I managed to break the Bloody Ritual quest by sneaking in the back and stealth killing the one survivor  :duh

It glitched the mission and I couldn't finish it because the cyberpsycho wouldn't spawn. Reloaded my save and went in the front and completed it as normal.

Good thing i save before every mission.

Oh and grenades with the upgrades are kinda OP.

https://i.imgur.com/jTcyKNi.mp4
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:49:11 PM by BikeJesus »

thisismyusername

« Reply #1727 on: December 26, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »
I banged some random street walker, then as I was exiting, I got a booty call from this random character I met in a mission (the dialogs were hilariously porny, she never showed any interestes, she was like V I MUST SEE YOU, and my V sent "WHY! OH I WANT TO SEE THOSE TATTOOS OF YOURS UPCLOSE" and she told me to meet her  at the no-tell motel. I just drove there right away  :lol I hope V uses protection and showered between them. The sex stuff is so awkward and soulless.

If you told her "Yeah, sure" to her saying she'd like to work together again, that's what you get. Yes, it's really awkward because the response is "yeah, whatever. If your Corp wants to work with me fine" level response.

Coax

« Reply #1728 on: December 27, 2020, 02:11:45 AM »
Is there even a point to buying cars? Can you modify them? I just use Jackie's bike to get around. I was really expecting something cooler about cars, like we were going to be able to buy armors, weapons and other cool shit on install on your cars, but nope.

The Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X (aka Akira-like bike) is a decent alternative since it's faster compared to the Arch bikes. Read that someone from CDPR said they would like to add more apartment choices and vehicles but no word on other customization, which is funny since there are literally cool color variants around the world of those same vehicles.

One such variant of said Yaiba bike:

Or this Quadra Turbo R variant just teasing itself:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1729 on: December 27, 2020, 07:51:49 AM »
Yeah they also have the gang car skins. Last time I've seen gang branded cars in a game is GTA2(?) I think.

New district, new outfit

What seems to be the officer problem

A :clap C :clap A :clap B

story

[close]
🤴

Coax

« Reply #1730 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:39 AM »
Hadn't really utilized grenades much in the game since they can land sometimes unpredictably but discovered the Gash Antipersonnel Grenade (Epic). You throw it and it hovers in the air, shooting lasers that home in only on enemies nearby. It also doesn't seem to have any possibility of harming you like standard grenades can (if you don't have the immunity perk) and costs a mere 1 uncommon + 1 common component to craft.

Nice thing is even if the trajectory when aiming shows it'll bounce off a wall it doesn't travel further away than any nearer enemies are.

Location of crafting spec:

Example in combat:

https://a.uguu.se/YEffJNAO.mp4

Coax

« Reply #1731 on: December 27, 2020, 09:37:53 AM »
Holy shit the secret ending is brutal.

Even after knowing what I was in for I'm dying in one shot with 4000 armor. :anhuld :notlikethis

There's no way that other guy was playing on hard.

Edit: there's some BS going on with these deaths. A single enemy shot triggers my death animation but I still have a chunk of health left and only on a second shot while down does it go to zero. Game is forcing me to die. Switching to normal difficulty is fairer.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 10:18:54 AM by Coax »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1732 on: December 27, 2020, 10:23:33 AM »
Yeah, they can't navigate the environments worth shit. Even worse when there's random physics detritus or their comrades dead bodies lying around. :doge

1.06 Hotfix patch basically introduced floating items on nothing (seen food and junk doing that). I'm wondering if the AI stumbling around is seeing something that isn't there (literally, you can walk through the area you looted the phantom hanging item on) and ragdolling because of that. :lol
That's been happening to me since release. Jackie left a copy of his chopsticks stuck in mid air as I was talking to him at the noodle stand. I was like: "OK, there it is."
I still see cigarettes and tablets stuck in mid air all over the place.

Other things I've personally seen:
- cardboard boxes or bottles bursting on contact, which really breaks the mood when you're trying to be sneaky (I think the bottom of your collision pill traps them against the floor, popping them in the process)
- objects being bounced in the air as they spawn in and have physics applied (trash bags, tires), most notably (and repeatably) a stack of plastic trays in a Netrunner's den that you then have to clamber over
- arduously smashing every bit of a window so you can climb through (sometimes as an NPC nags you)
- climbing into a window, only to slip and slide randomly as you step onto a physics object
- having to aim somewhere to the side of an item to be able to pick it up
- having to pick up the junk surrounding the item you want, bc even your well-honed jank-jutsu isn't strong enough to find the right spot
- climbing to the top of a ladder ladder, only to be magnetized back onto it
- having a vehicle pop in so close that you can't help but collide with it
- rotating your model in the character creator with Q and E sometimes scrolls the up or down instead; do it often enough and it will get stuck scrolling upward

Thankfully the glitches are all just shit like that. The game has more substantive problems, but I had my fun and don't feel like listing them.

Needless to say, broken quests or repeated crashes would really have taken the wind out of my sails.

I am now listlessly mopping up entire squads of goons with one cast of Contagion (and then popping them in the head like a psycho as I loot them), just so that I can max out my INT. Just three more levels.
Why? Ennui. What? Cause I don't feel like starting a different game, so I'm going to limply diddle around with this save a bit longer.
[close]

I've also started a Nomad with the intention to play very differently (no sneaky-hacky-headshotty; crafting, tech weapons, maybe some melee), but I don't think I'll get very far after the 70-hour semi-completionist one I just did.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 10:33:53 AM by Rufus »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1733 on: December 27, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »

Even after knowing what I was in for I'm dying in one shot with 4000 armor. :anhuld :notlikethis

Edit: there's some BS going on with these deaths. A single enemy shot triggers my death animation but I still have a chunk of health left and only on a second shot while down does it go to zero. Game is forcing me to die. Switching to normal difficulty is fairer.
The HP thing is probably just a display glitch.

Don't forget elemental (and 'chemical' ???) damage is a thing, which I would assume bypasses armour given that there are specific resistances for each. It's all so undercooked though that they shouldn't have bothered, tbh.

Coax

« Reply #1734 on: December 27, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »

Don't forget elemental (and 'chemical' ???) damage is a thing, which I would assume bypasses armour given that there are specific resistances for each. It's all so undercooked though that they shouldn't have bothered, tbh.

From reading more I think it's a knockdown effect in such cases but with audio-visual effects suggesting death, before the next shot ends me. Read some with Body level 20 can get 'The Rock' perk that prevents knockdown effects.

Continued
A common build among posters I've read playing this on Hard or higher is maxing out Body (and presumably melee perks), high-level Sandevistan to slow time, 2000+ DPS melee weapons.

Otherwise I'm not sure it's feasible on that difficulty since with a single shot or a melee attack from any enemy you're done and if you don't press the pause button immediately after even a knockdown the game prevents subsequently pressing pause and wastes your time loading to the credits and then back to the main menu.

I'll either continue on Normal for this or go back and see what I can do with Sandevistan.
[close]

mormapope

« Reply #1735 on: December 27, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »

It's weird because combat is pretty damn satisfying, but really shallow when it comes to different strategies that be implemented.

Getting close to 40 hours and I'm starting to feel meh about different parts of Cyberpunk. Night City is an amazing feat for environmental and art design, but I wish there was a lot more outside of the city for environments or towns.

There aren't a ton of likable characters or characterization besides a select few. The world itself feels pretty shallow. Which isn't surprising due to tone set. It doesn't feel like there's anything said about the real world versus what Cyberpunk is about. It's bordering on Ubisoft territory regarding that.

Like, GTA isn't a masterclass of storytelling, but American Culture is mocked and criticized to an extent that you can parts of our world in GTA. Cyberpunk just feels like a satirical version of the future with no greater commentary.

As it stands, Cyberpunk is feeling like a very shallow game with masterclass elements in certain places. It's not really disappointing, but it doesn't do what the GOAT open world games have done. Not by a long shot.
OH!

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1736 on: December 27, 2020, 12:30:50 PM »
if you ignore the jank, bugs etc its basically a '8/10 shits aight' game :trumps
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1737 on: December 27, 2020, 12:33:57 PM »
BIG ENCHILADA: one big improvement would have been to get someone more charismatic and less wooden than keanu reeves to play jonny :rash
(ice)

Coax

« Reply #1738 on: December 27, 2020, 12:58:07 PM »
Japanese Johnny for reference (timestamped where V's relic effects playing up and she's arguing with him):

https://youtu.be/75SItenjM7I?list=PLE39oMCBaA3UGTTqroIQn6b7HEqjmXGpW&t=2694

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1739 on: December 27, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »
BIG ENCHILADA: one big improvement would have been to get someone more charismatic and less wooden than keanu reeves to play jonny :rash

Margs