Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 163992 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Number of Bugs
« Reply #1260 on: December 10, 2020, 11:15:32 PM »
So apparently you can't change your hair or other appearance features throughout the game??
 :wut :titus
Modding can't come soon enough.

After all my playthrough of Witcher 3 was more modded than an average Cyberpunk character.  :doge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1261 on: December 10, 2020, 11:57:05 PM »

Coax

« Reply #1262 on: December 10, 2020, 11:57:09 PM »
So apparently you can't change your hair or other appearance features throughout the game??
 :wut :titus

Tbf TW3's barbershop was a post-release addition via their free 'DLC' packs that released periodically so perhaps appearance changes will be some later addition as well.

Well there are questions about how much the ML aspect is even mattering in DLSS 2.0.

There's no dedicated ML hardware on next-gen but like I said even nVidia aren't doing as much ML for their upscaling as they were with DLSS 1.0.
As far as i understood, they still use ML to "train" the algorithm on a game per game basis, and then have that information stored in the drivers or game data? Which was why the support for DLSS was so selective.

That's DLSS 1.0.

For 2.0 they ditched that.   They have a separate generic model they train on, that isn't game by game (and may not even be based on games, doesn't have to be really). 

They are using it; but it's after applying traditional upscaling techniques.   And more traditional upscaling techniques without ML work pretty damn well.   

How much better is DLSS 2.0?  Nobody really knows for sure as I don't think any game supports DLSS 2.0...

DLSS 2.0 has been implemented in dozens of games, including ones Nvidia has showcased like Control and Death Stranding. It's regarded as having much better image quality than 1.0.

Both implementations also still use hardware acceleration cores: CUDA for the first iteration of DLSS 2.0 used exclusively in Control and Tensor cores for the second iteration of 2.0 used in everything else that supports it.

While they trained the new 2.0 model generically rather than on a per-game basis the tech still requires a per-game implementation, I'd assume due to the motion vector stuff, so unfortunately it's not at the point where it's a general upscaling solution for any game. AMD OTOH are working on something similar as a general upscaler which will be interesting to compare when it's released.

Edit: it also was rumored closer to the Ampere launch that an upcoming DLSS version would support any game using TAA anti-aliasing but that turned out to be false.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:03:07 AM by Coax »

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1263 on: December 11, 2020, 12:25:37 AM »
Driving physics feel really, really good. Feels like the perfect balance of weight and handling. Cars don't feel like boats, have great speed, but they don't feel like weightless hovercrafts.

Great music selection and radio stations. Tons of different genres that fit whatever mood you're in or that Night City is conveying. Cyberpunk's own soundtrack is excellent.

Combat feels great. Gunplay and impact feel really good. Lots of weapons from the get go. Playing on very hard though, enemies are bullet sponges and it feels a bit ridiculous having to pump low level enemies with a mag right away. Normal or hard might be the best way to play.

Tons of side content. Fucking huge loads of it. This game does suffer a good deal from the main campaign feeling very urgent, but you're actually given a fuck ton to do and see right away.

Doing a side quest now where I'm trying to find a corrupt cop and kill them. Talked to a random hooker, paid for info, paid to get into the motel the cop was in, couldn't hack her door, so I went to my motel room and climbed up the balcony, entering her room and fighting her. There's a surprising amount of freedom and circumstance with side content.

Best designed and atmospheric city this gen, bar none.

Great voice acting, writing is a lot more natural than the pre release trailers.

My impressions after four or so hours.

EDIT: So I wasn't paying attention with the gig I was doing. It was corrupt cops wanting to make my cop stop their investigation.

Redoing the entry, depending on how you talk to her, combat can be avoided completely and things resolved peacefully. Even if there's only a couple dialog options, choosing the correct choices can lead to different outcomes.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:36:44 AM by mormapope »
OH!

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

« Reply #1265 on: December 11, 2020, 01:15:53 AM »
enjoying this a lot. played for 3ish hours and the only bug i encountered was for 30 minutes i couldn't put on a shirt so my character was just walking around tits out. nobody said anything about it though.

Coax

« Reply #1266 on: December 11, 2020, 01:53:20 AM »
One thing that I'm now reminded of that's missing for this release is one of Nvidia's in-depth graphics guides. Their one for The Witcher 3 was super comprehensive, with visual comparisons of all the graphics settings along with benchmarks so people could determine more easily which settings have the most perf impact vs IQ loss.

Maybe the perf for 2077 is too up in the air atm for them to have finalized something like that.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1267 on: December 11, 2020, 01:59:44 AM »
It's probably a combo of CDPR taking forever to launch the game so performance wasn't certain and the fact that Ampere just released but also no one has a fucking 3000 series card, plus DLSS and ray tracing being big draws but everyone is still on pascal cards or 2060s and 2070s at best.

Game is fucking fun as shit tho.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1268 on: December 11, 2020, 02:26:33 AM »
That reminds me: they made a Cyberpunk 2080 Ti to hype the April 16th release date. :lol

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1229450438992285696

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1269 on: December 11, 2020, 02:49:23 AM »
Had a 6-hour session and it didn't crash once! :rejoice
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 02:56:04 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Hamarr

« Reply #1270 on: December 11, 2020, 02:50:53 AM »
Am I the only one playing on console?  I played an hour and a half or so this evening.  The game is chugging here and there transitioning to driving/conversations and getting out to start the next area.  It looked like the game locked up the first time it happened.  I’m playing on an Xbox One X.  Graphics look good but nowhere near as much as some of your pc screenshots.

The shooting felt and movement felt really awkward at first on controller.  It definitely feels more geared for mouse and keyboard.  If I had a pc that wasn’t a piece of crap I would try it there.  I’m getting used to it now, and trying to use more stealth so I can avoid shoot outs if possible. Driving feels pretty decent.

Is there much of a difference story wise based on your origin choice?  I picked the one that starts out in the desert.

The music and the city are awesome.  I wasn’t really feeling it until that first apartment where the music kicks in and then the Blade Runner type view with the flying ambulance lands. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1271 on: December 11, 2020, 03:22:15 AM »

Dont get it on base consoles
What

Coax

« Reply #1272 on: December 11, 2020, 04:13:45 AM »
Speaking of settings supposedly the Cascaded Shadows Resolution is a major culprit of perf drop when set to High. OP went from 20fps on a 3070 at 4K ultrawide with DLSS enabled to a solid 60fps with the setting bumped down to Medium. They didn't find other settings affected the framerate quite as substantially.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1273 on: December 11, 2020, 06:47:13 AM »
So is it better to dismantle all junk than to sell it? Same with extra guns and old clothes?

Doesn’t seem money is too much of an issue, while components are more scarce. I’m still early, so it’s hard to say.

Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1274 on: December 11, 2020, 07:12:47 AM »
Probably, the dosh I’ve got from selling a few dupe guns has been negligible :trumps

Get the perk that converts trash into parts too if you haven’t already

(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1275 on: December 11, 2020, 07:25:12 AM »
Made a few screenshots and also oc'd my cpu with Msi command center to 4150mhz and gave the 3070 a +100 in both core and clock in Afterburner.. Im gonna change that cascaded shadows to medium thx for the tip. Running in 1440p with everything at ultra including RTX with DLSS to quality

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:32:34 AM by MMaRsu »
What

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1276 on: December 11, 2020, 07:53:57 AM »
Think I'm gonna pick this up next week but I think its going to be low settings 30fps for me  :-\ (4690k, 1060 6GB)

I'll probably upgrade next year though in time for any substantial DLC

spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least it won't be base ps4 15fps bad  :doge
Base xbone must be even worse  :lol
[close]
[close]

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1277 on: December 11, 2020, 08:04:41 AM »
i need a no weight limit mod. pls modders

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1279 on: December 11, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »
Had another crash, averaging one every 2.5 hours of game time :doge

(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1280 on: December 11, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
Had another crash, averaging one every 2.5 hours of game time :doge

Zero in 9+ hours on my glorious master race pc

:snob
yar

mormapope

« Reply #1281 on: December 11, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »
After playing with different difficulties, Normal is the most satisfying combat wise. Once people figure out OP builds, very hard will probably feel better to play.

I've put about 8 hours in and Ive only done the ripper doc eye implant for the main story. Going thru Watson doing all the side content has been great. Level 4, gonna specialize in heavy weapons and brawling.
OH!

BikeJesus

« Reply #1282 on: December 11, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
For some reason the game blocks virtualized inputs, so i can't have my Steam Controller emulate a mouse. Using a Dual Sense for now, but it isn't the same. Going to wait for them to fix this. Witcher 3 worked fine.

I will say though, the combat is great. Rolling up on some folks and just blasting the shit out of them while injecting trippy medicine is just awesome. I'm playing on hard and the enemies don't feel too spongy.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1283 on: December 11, 2020, 12:52:14 PM »
genuinely surprised that the combat is satisfying as people say. the one thing i wrote off from the start was the gunplay.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1284 on: December 11, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »
It's honestly not bad. I wish the Cyberpunk version of VATS/bullet time (kereznikov or whatever it's called) had been implemented better but that's my only real complaint so far. Rolling into battle against weak opponents, you can just go guns blazing. Against a good number of moderate enemies you really should take your time to survey the lay of the land and come up with a plan, which is rewarding.
yar

Clockwork5

« Reply #1285 on: December 11, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »

Dont get it on base consoles
Looks like I’m holding out for a significant patch or the PS5 version sometime next year. I guess it looks okay on PS4 Pro but I can’t be bothered with sub 20fps in a first person game.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #1286 on: December 11, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
Is there any way to change the HUD from having that blur/bloom
/shadow effect to it?  It is driving me crazy.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 01:43:26 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Shuri

« Reply #1287 on: December 11, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »
i'm playing on stadia lol . Can't say the gameplay loop is super exciting tbh  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1288 on: December 11, 2020, 03:40:09 PM »
Idk if this matters or not cuz I know Jack shit about coding or vidya development, but the game loads into the world shockingly quick on boner x, is it maybe trying to load too much shit on the fly and that’s causing it to shit out.

:hmm
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1289 on: December 11, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
I’m just thinking cos, red dead takes like 3-4 mins longer to load from the main menu, ac Valhalla takes much longer to load too, just as two games from the top of my head. Shit  the witcher 3 had a long fucking load too.

The indoor parts where you have your main mission shootouts, where there’s more going on with effects and shit have been largely fine fwiw.

Like I say I’ve no real actual idea just putting 2+2 together :trumps
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #1290 on: December 11, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »
How is the role playing? Is it an actual rpg or babby rpg lite like Witcher? Does it stick to its pen and paper roots? I want a game with depth.
IYKYK

thetylerrob

« Reply #1291 on: December 11, 2020, 05:34:17 PM »
How is the role playing? Is it an actual rpg or babby rpg lite like Witcher? Does it stick to its pen and paper roots? I want a game with depth.
It's not a deep rpg, more of an immersive sim.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1292 on: December 11, 2020, 05:35:12 PM »

Update 1.04 out now

Fixed problems with blurriness
Optimization of PC Performance
Optimization of PC Performance with RTX-GPUs
More FPS while driving
Lots of crash fixes on PS4 and PS5
Optimization of Raytracing Performance
Smaller bug fixes and improvements
Flatline-Bugs fixed
Xbox One and Xbox S crashes fixed
Audio, vehicle and vegetation glitch fixes
Missing textures fixed
What

Himu

« Reply #1293 on: December 11, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »
It's not a deep rpg, more of an immersive sim.

I see.  That's more along modern rpgs but as long as it's super immersive it should do the job.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1294 on: December 11, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »
Brehs this viyda :uguu

Am I dreaming? :neo

Re: patch

Great thing about CDPR is that they drop all these performance and hot fixes on PC. They did the same with Witcher 3 too.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1295 on: December 11, 2020, 07:40:26 PM »
Today I started playing before the 1.04 patch, so this is 1.03 performance.

I've got most settings on high/ultra and Ray Tracing set to medium. Cascading shadow resolution on medium really makes the biggest difference and I haven't been able to spot the difference.
DLSS on the more agressive settings really destroys the IQ so I keep that on balanced with seems like a nice fit for 1440p.

The game now runs at 60 - 70fps during night time
Day time is 45 - 60 fps depending on the scene outside and 70 - 90fps inside.
Which is kind of strange considering at night the reflections really come out so maybe the performance hog isn't the tray tracing after all?
So either the sun reflections are tanking performance or there's something else going on (maybe the clouds?)
Overall the game is perfectly playable like this but I think with some more tweaks the 2070 Super should be able to hit a locked 60 with these settings.

I think there's a bug with the story scenes. Sometimes they start out at 30 or even 20fps when a character comes close to the camera and then it recovers to the 40fps range.
The scene doesn't really change so there's no reason for this happen. Maybe the depth of fleld? I noticed the bar/club can put a number on the framerate too but not always.

Overall I'm quite impressed at how this game looks so good and runs by all acounts decent on a RTX 2070 Super. Loads lightning fast too an an Nvme drive.
I also tried the medium setting with no Ray Tracing and honestly, the game looks pretty great at those settings too and runs smoother (I managed to hit 70 - 90fps on medium without Ray tracing outside).
It would rarely dip below 60. I suppose this will be close to the preset for the Xbox Series X / PS5 with some console specific RT trickery enabled.

What I would like to see is a framerate limiter. I'd rather have a locked 30fps, then 45 - 60fps even though my screen handles it well.
Currently that is only possible when you use the AMD resolution scaling but that isn't doing much for my Nvidia card except tank the framerate.  :doge
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #1296 on: December 11, 2020, 07:46:12 PM »
I think there is a frame limiter in the settings. That said, RTSS gives better frametimes.

mormapope

« Reply #1297 on: December 11, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
Just did the biochip heist.

Jackie's death was pretty sad all things considered. The heist itself was amazing and super tense.
[close]

See ya in the Major Leagues Jack.

:tocry

After 15 hours, I just got to the title card. Reviewers were rushing the fuck thru this game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:09:27 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1298 on: December 11, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »
Just did the biochip heist.

Jackie's death was pretty sad all things considered. The heist itself was amazing and super tense.
[close]

See ya in the Major Leagues Jack.

:tocry

After 15 hours, I just got to the title card. Reviewers were rushing the fuck thru this game.
Yeah I got that feeling too. I tried a side mission thing where I had to sneak around a random club to kill a dude that I had to give up on and escape because I wasn't strong enough to handle his goons yet.
I think I wanna level up a bit first before progressing in the story now that I have unlocked the BD's. My map is just littered with icons and I have about 12 random side missions already on deck.  :whew
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1299 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:54 PM »
The game could do with more random people in the streets and events, but the city itself really feels amazingly made. Buildings look insane and the whole infrastructure.

Anyway here is some more cummies

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1300 on: December 12, 2020, 02:01:00 AM »
Just did the second instance of VR Detective Vision. Fuckin awesome.

I adjusted the HDR based on some Reddit numbers and it looks MUCH better. Game is super washed out by default. Performance is really good on XSX, tho I think I’m going to have poopsocked this game into the ground by the time the legit XSX patch comes out.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1301 on: December 12, 2020, 02:57:25 AM »
Balanced DLSS def gives weird blocky shadows..I saw it when I had a night mission, it really stood out. When I switched to quality it looked a lot better @nintex. A little bit more taxing but worth it.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1302 on: December 12, 2020, 02:58:57 AM »
I tried 1080p DLSS balanced and immediately noticed a bunch of artifacting and shimmering.   I didn't have time to try 1440p, gonna give that a shot tonight.

Dont use balanced use quality
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1303 on: December 12, 2020, 03:13:36 AM »
I tried 1080p DLSS balanced and immediately noticed a bunch of artifacting and shimmering.   I didn't have time to try 1440p, gonna give that a shot tonight.
It's really obvious in the corpo path with its striped carpets. Standing still it's fine, but when you move you get this really obvious moiré pattern.

I also turned off all the camera effects (chromatic aberration, film grain, etc), but I might just turn them back on cause the IQ is kind of soft regardless.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1304 on: December 12, 2020, 05:47:56 AM »
What

« Reply #1305 on: December 12, 2020, 06:01:42 AM »
Reached the title screen and played a bit after that. Took me a while cuz I spend so much time just exploring the city and driving around. This game wigs. I'm really into it.

Is there any way to respec? I've been putting points into intelligence but I hate hacking. I want to respec to pure melee sword guy. Shooting and hacking too difficult for me.

mormapope

« Reply #1306 on: December 12, 2020, 06:22:58 AM »
They really did great with the atmosphere; and while I'm not a huge fan of the feminine voice the other voice acting in the game seems great. 

I'm not a story game type-a-guy but this seems like it's going to be a great one, and the shooting is really fun.

Not to spoil anything, but until a bit after the title card/ a lil bit into Act 2, I was feeling that V was sorta one note as a character. That changes pretty quickly. The story gets very intense quickly, and dire.

Reached the title screen and played a bit after that. Took me a while cuz I spend so much time just exploring the city and driving around. This game wigs. I'm really into it.

Is there any way to respec? I've been putting points into intelligence but I hate hacking. I want to respec to pure melee sword guy. Shooting and hacking too difficult for me.

There is an implant you can get at a ripper doc that lets you redistribute perk points, but I don't think you can redistribute attribute points. It costs 100,000 eddies.
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1307 on: December 12, 2020, 08:27:55 AM »
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1308 on: December 12, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »
bit odd that video. goes on about how 20 series cards are basically unplayable with ray tracing, based on using only the highest quality DLSS preset, maxed ultra settings and getting 45ish FPS.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1309 on: December 12, 2020, 09:09:47 AM »
 :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1310 on: December 12, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
Some more screenshots I took (and one in photo mode)

[close]
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1311 on: December 12, 2020, 09:46:06 AM »
Delamain is the best character in the game.

Prove me wrong.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1312 on: December 12, 2020, 10:20:22 AM »
I’m about 8 hours in on the XSX version and I’m having a lot of fun. No crashes for me. Some jank but nothing game breaking and usually produces some unintentional fun. I like just walking around the city to random gigs. And the boxing match with the twins is the best thing so far.

Also, don’t read Reddit or Era. Jesus they go the extra mile on negativity and over analyze the jank like it’s the worst game ever made.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1313 on: December 12, 2020, 10:32:14 AM »
@MMaRsu what sort of performance are you getting? I wondered if you would be CPU bottle necked.

I’m about 8 hours in on the XSX version and I’m having a lot of fun. No crashes for me. Some jank but nothing game breaking and usually produces some unintentional fun. I like just walking around the city to random gigs. And the boxing match with the twins is the best thing so far.

Also, don’t read Reddit or Era. Jesus they go the extra mile on negativity and over analyze the jank like it’s the worst game ever made.
From what I gathered the order of console versions in terms of IQ/performance from worst to best is:
Xbox One -> PS4 -> PS4 Pro -> Xbox Series S (runs the XO version but quite poor IQ) -> Xbox One X -> PS5 / Xbox Series X (backcompat mode)

They basically have the same performance kinks that Rockstar games used to have on console. Slow whenever you start driving and hitching when the CPU's can't handle everything that's going on.
It doesn't run much different from say Breath of the Wild on Wii U or GTAV on PS3/360. Anyhow this is one of those games that will scale with new hardware down the line like Crysis.
Overall though I'm still impressed with just how much is going on compared to pretty much all other games and of course the huge upgrade from the 2018 demo.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1314 on: December 12, 2020, 10:33:06 AM »
Delamain is the best character in the game.

Prove me wrong.

beep beep motherfucker
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1315 on: December 12, 2020, 01:28:37 PM »
I agree on the DLSS. Quality is definitely the way to go.
Other modes really take a toll on the IQ.

I found the frame rate lock and I'm now sort of undecided to go for locked 30 with more eye candy or locked 60 with less eye candy and the occasional drop below that.
The perfect solution would be a toggle so I can do story scenes at 30 and combat at 60.

If your ray tracing budget is limited the setting you want to enable is reflections. That really makes the biggest difference.
RT lighting at medium doesn't do much compared to Ultra or Psycho and the game already has great shadows so RT shadows is not something you'll greatly miss if you disable them.
RT shadows mostly seem to improve the accuracy of shadows but not necessarily the quality.

If you have RT reflections on you can also turn SSR to High because as far as I can tell RT reflections will take care of most windows, puddles etc. .
I did notice some difference in the image when you turn SSR off while RT reflections are enabled so it seemingly doesn't replace them entirely like Control does.

We're probably a GPU gen or 2 away before you can play something like this at 120 fps with RT set to psycho.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1316 on: December 12, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »
What

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1317 on: December 12, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »

Have you had any pauses in the game? I'm on XSX as well and maybe once an hour I get a 5 or 6 second pause where music and sound keeps playing but the world kinda stops.

Anyway I've learned to embrace the jank and just enjoy the game. It's very good and Keanu plays a great character.
rub

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1318 on: December 12, 2020, 04:03:47 PM »
What

Beezy

« Reply #1319 on: December 12, 2020, 04:41:43 PM »
Based on the comparisons that I've seen and read, I think I'm better off going with XSX version over the PC version on my 1070. I'm in no rush to play this though. Hopefully most of the issues causing crashes are gone by the time I do.