Author Topic: GTAV - first person mode in pc/ps4/xb1 :o  (Read 165072 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: GTAV - first person mode in pc/ps4/xb1 :o
« Reply #1921 on: October 21, 2015, 07:46:05 PM »
holy shit are hydraulics wonky using a keyboard

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1922 on: October 23, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »
I gave this another shot on ps4, fp mode is a great addition but its still boring gta.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1923 on: October 23, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »
I gave this another shot on ps4, fp mode is a great addition but its still boring gta.

I tried FP mode by accident several times. I apparently hit the swipe-pad a lot.

But GTA V is boring? You're weird.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1924 on: October 24, 2015, 12:20:06 AM »
well let's be honest gtav is no order 1886
pcp

Mods Help

« Reply #1925 on: October 24, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
Driving in the country side climbing mt chilliad with a motorbike > whatever game you played this year

Facts only.

Exploring the beaches.

Riding a 4x4 over dirt ramps.

Jacking a jet and riding that fucker to the sky and jumping on to Mt Chiliad.

Just taking a fast ass car and driving through the an interstate into the wilderness.

Those fucking missions where you race the Andrenaline bro.

Assassinations.

Climbing the mountains on foot and bringing heat because you don't want to get jumped by wildcats. :gladbron

Traversing the entire map on foot and on a trust bicycle.

:rejoice GTAV: Hiking Edition. :rejoice

:piss Los Santos :piss2

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1926 on: October 25, 2015, 06:55:03 AM »
It really is gorgeous. Even on 360, it was amazing. I mean, it's nuts to think they're doing that on tech from 2006. But on PS4 it's really amazing all over again. I imagine on PC it's largely indistinguishable from a real landscape shot.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1927 on: October 25, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »
Im talking about the story missions which is just drive from a to b all the time looking at the minimap, maybe the formula is just old for me.

Game is gorgeous but I wish it was filled with better content.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1928 on: October 25, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
Im talking about the story missions which is just drive from a to b all the time looking at the minimap, maybe the formula is just old for me.

There are some really good missions with interesting stories behind them, but I posit that if you don't like traveling to a place and shooting something, GTA is probably not for you. Nor is a career as a hitman.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1929 on: October 26, 2015, 02:07:43 AM »
That's kind of a valid complaint with how spread out the world is. They made the "commutes" more palatable by having the characters dialogue on their way to the mission but outside of missions, it would be nice if you could have a hierarchy of permanently hired driver/self-driving car upgrade/just an uber app to instantly get a ride rather than calling a taxi company and hearing a phone call script you heard a hundred times forcing you to wait 30 seconds.

Seriously, imagine the hijinks where you set your self-driving car to go away from bad guys while you shoot out the window but you're forced to have it drive the speed limit and stop at red lights. Whole new paradigm.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1930 on: October 26, 2015, 03:41:08 AM »
That's a neat idea, but the only time I've taken pilot-driven items in GTA Online, it's made me a very, very easy target.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1931 on: October 26, 2015, 09:29:52 AM »
alternatively they could just have most missions start near where the action is
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1932 on: October 26, 2015, 09:48:41 AM »
Its been a while since I finished the single player campaign but the multiplayer missions all restart immediately near the action if an attempt is failed. I'm definitely recalling that the single player campaign had checkpoints, eliding the need for initial travel time.

GTA III-era was pretty horrible for that stuff. Driving to fuck-and-back and then doing it again if the mission failed. Then in GTA IV their answer was to put cabs in, so you didn't have to drive. And driving was UNPLEASANT compared to III.

I'm happy with the driving in V, thank goodness.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1933 on: October 26, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
I like driving, I like shooting, but it feels like padding and is boring.

Because of the pace you travel at and the traffic you cant sightsee either and there is little point in exploration compared to lets say Witcher 3.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1934 on: October 26, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Its been a while since I finished the single player campaign but the multiplayer missions all restart immediately near the action if an attempt is failed. I'm definitely recalling that the single player campaign had checkpoints, eliding the need for initial travel time.

GTA III-era was pretty horrible for that stuff. Driving to fuck-and-back and then doing it again if the mission failed. Then in GTA IV their answer was to put cabs in, so you didn't have to drive. And driving was UNPLEASANT compared to III.

I'm happy with the driving in V, thank goodness.

v is light years being the older games, but I still don't understand the logic of rockstar or most other open world devs that place the objective so far from the start of the level. like if you're gonna make me walk my character three minutes away the at least make something happen on the way. have enemies attack our put an optional segment and reward on the way.

I feel like devs have been working on this to some degree with random scripted events and whatnot but the easier way would be to just cut out the downtime.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1935 on: October 27, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »

At least GTAV got rid of the old GTAIII-IV structure that made me bail on the story in all the games:

1) Drive from A to B to pick up a guy
2) Then Drive from B to C for the actual mission
3) With no check points so you have to do #1 and drive for 5 mins to pick up the guy everytime

Plus GTAV's gorgeous, you can get around the map quite quick, and the missions are pretty varied in events and the dialogue and characters are fantastic.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1936 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »
I remember feeling like a complete jeenyus in GTA San Andreas when I got the beach house about halfway up the west coast. There was a Coast Guard chopper on the shore 90% of the time. Turned the commute for the first ½ of the game into something more manageable.

In contrast, GTA IV didn't have anything like that, just those damned cabs, but GTA V has the quick-save feature on the cellphone, so you can save and restart ANYWHERE.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1937 on: March 20, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
http://sanandreasanimalcams.com

"San Andreas Deer Cam is a live video stream from a computer running a hacked version of Grand Theft Auto V, hosted on Twitch.tv. The hack creates a deer and follows it as it wanders throughout the 100 square miles of San Andreas"