Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE  (Read 2373086 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Remember how all that shit was in 2014 when Democrats largely sat on their asses and didn't vote? Can't compare off year and presidential year elections, breh

Yeah because the governor of the freaking state is a position no one but policy wonks cares about!

But please, rationalize how the GOP controls the House, the Senate, and most of the states at all levels but theyre the party in disarray that no one would ever vote for, especially with a populist candidate against Hillary "I lost last time" Clinton.

Ask Martha Coakley how that works out.

Coakley was a shitty candidate that lost two elections in a solid Dem state.

Pretty much all of your examples can be answered by "core parts of the Dem coalition (namely young people and minorities) don't turn out in off year elections, while old white people do." The dems lost heavily in 2010 and 2014; strangely they seemed to do alright in 2012 when, you know, there was a presidential election. They did especially awful in 2014 because they had a shit ton of Senate seats to defend from the 2008 election.

But sure. Let's ignore all that because America is ready to elect a racist fascist. K.
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
Drumpf is going to win the deep south, and some western states that are basically deep south, and nothing else

And Ohio, and Pennsylvania, and most likely Florida.

Face it boys, unless he fucks up he's going to win. Stellar class you guys put out this year libs...

:heh :heh :heh

Bro, for real?!

Trump will not win Ohio.  Cleveland and Columbus and surrounding areas will see to that.

Florida might be different cuz of the olds tho

I assure you he wins Ohio, and not by a small margin. Again not my choice but you can't hold your hands over your ears and close your eyes forever. Dems are done in 2016, Cruz is too weird to be a president, and Rubio and Kasich are also rans......and trust me,  I'm not even happy about it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:51:21 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

Remember how all that shit was in 2014 when Democrats largely sat on their asses and didn't vote? Can't compare off year and presidential year elections, breh

Yeah because the governor of the freaking state is a position no one but policy wonks cares about!

But please, rationalize how the GOP controls the House, the Senate, and most of the states at all levels but theyre the party in disarray that no one would ever vote for, especially with a populist candidate against Hillary "I lost last time" Clinton.

Ask Martha Coakley how that works out.

He can't and he won't. This is the most pathetic of liberal viewpoints. If they don't believe it, it didn't happen.

Facts are GOP controls both sides of the house, and are winning a lot of jump balls where they normally don't, and are clearly gaining the mindshare of the union and factory workers.

However this is all cyclical and will come back around starting in 2020, just as it always does.
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Drumpf is going to win the deep south, and some western states that are basically deep south, and nothing else

Face it boys, unless he fucks up he's going to win. Stellar class you guys put out this year libs...

Bro, for real?!

Trump will not win Ohio.  Cleveland and Columbus and surrounding areas will see to that.

I assure you he wins Ohio, and not by a small margin. Again not my choice but you can't hold your hands over your ears and close your eyes forever. Dems are done in 2016, and I'm not even happy about it.

Bookmarking

:aah

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's be real- I'm bookmarking because if the Dems win, of course I want to rub it in. And if they don't, we're going zero to Thunderdome in record time, so I won't get a chance to give you kudos.
[close]
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

Bro, for real?!

I assure you he wins Ohio, and not by a small margin. Again not my choice but you can't hold your hands over your ears and close your eyes forever. Dems are done in 2016, and I'm not even happy about it.

Bookmarking

Let's be real- I'm bookmarking because if the Dems win, of course I want to rub it in. And if they don't, we're going zero to Thunderdome in record time, so I won't get a chance to give you kudos.
[close]

Go ahead, you're gonna take this baked L bro. I have never seen Cleveland so enthralled with a conservative in my lifetime. Union is going trump FYI, book it. Clinton Sr pretty much fucked them with NAFTA and then Obama ruined their medical plans. These are facts.

Oh and that trans pacific partnership Hillary is touting is really a bad look, breh.

In addition polling dead even with this moron in your own fucking state is a bad look man. Bad look.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:00:05 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon
In other news, Obummer's drone strikes claim another proud conservative. #riptodd

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/palin-cancels-trump-event-after-husband-serious-snow-machine-crash-n537976
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

The GOP is going to lose the Senate in November anyway when the seats that flipped in 2010 swing back around.

Nah not yet. Obama is still in office and our american public is displaying it's typical hardon for 2 term presidents at the end of their time.
YMMV

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND

Coakley was a shitty candidate that lost two elections in a solid Dem state.

My point exactly. Hillary is losing primary after primary in solid Dem states like Michigan and Vermont.

And she already lost 8 years ago.

Pretty much all of your examples can be answered by "core parts of the Dem coalition (namely young people and minorities) don't turn out in off year elections, while old white people do." The dems lost heavily in 2010 and 2014; strangely they seemed to do alright in 2012 when, you know, there was a presidential election. They did especially awful in 2014 because they had a shit ton of Senate seats to defend from the 2008 election.

But sure. Let's ignore all that because America is ready to elect a racist fascist. K.

Dems won in 2008 and 2012. Yup. You argue its because it was a presidential year.

Uh, how did that work out in 2000 and 2004?

Maybe youth turned out because Obama was on the ticket?

You know, someone who wont be on the ticket this year?

Last I checked, 90% of the youth vote is going AGAINST Hillary.

You think theyre going to turn out this November to vote for her, rather than stay home and drink Mountain Dew like they did in 2014, 2010, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000 and 1998?
:O

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

Bro, for real?!

Bookmarking

[close]

Go ahead, you're gonna take this baked L bro. I have never seen Cleveland so enthralled with a conservative in my lifetime. Union is going trump FYI, book it. Clinton Sr pretty much fucked them with NAFTA and then Obama ruined their medical plans. These are facts.

Oh and that trans pacific partnership Hillary is touting is really a bad look, breh.

In addition polling dead even with this moron in your own fucking state is a bad look man. Bad look.

It's only hung up in congress because of the worker's protections added by the Obama admin. Sure, have Trump let the cons strip that and every other corporate regulation out before they pass it. Then you will know what bad looks like.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

:dead

You mad and you clearly don't understand how worthless "work protection" is, that was in NAFTA too, bubby.
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon
The GOP is going to lose the Senate in November anyway when the seats that flipped in 2010 swing back around.

Nah not yet. Obama is still in office and our american public is displaying it's typical hardon for 2 term presidents at the end of their time.

Oh you mean Obama, whose approval rating is at its highest point in years? That guy? Yeah, the American public is in full on hate with him when they look at the shitshow GOP candidates. K.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-approval-rating-election-donald-trump-2016-3
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

They can only lose 4 seats if they lose the WH, or 5 seats if they win it.

Illinois and Wisconsin are 100% gone. Dems just need to pick up some combination of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Hampshire and Florida. They'll probably get all four.

Obama's been at or above 50% approval in a couple of recent polls, btw.

Approval polls are worthless. The results of America's constant need to stir shit up are sitting in congress right now fucking up their jobs. This election will be no different.
YMMV

james

Oh you mean Obama, whose approval rating is at its highest point in years? That guy? Yeah, the American public is in full on hate with him when they look at the shitshow GOP candidates. K.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-approval-rating-election-donald-trump-2016-3

50%?

WOW.

"After his impeachment proceedings in 1998 and 1999, Clinton's rating reached its highest point at 73% approval. He finished with a Gallup poll approval rating of 65% higher than that of every other departing president measured since Harry Truman."

Anyone care to remind me how that worked out for his VP. which ran for president in 2000, a year Ive been told has huge Democrat turnout?

On the backs of a soaring economy?

And a balanced budget?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Oh, you mean his VP who spent his entire campaign trying to distance himself from Clinton because of said blowjob "scandal?" Who ran a shitty campaign and lost his home state? Who nominated a worthless shitburger that brought nothing to the ticket as HIS VP candidate?

*yawn*
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

Nancy Reagan was the true GOAT  :brazilcry
YMMV

UseYurBrain

There's still a LOT of time from now until November

Some more debates

Things can change

Am_I_Anonymous

Oh, you mean his VP who spent his entire campaign trying to distance himself from Clinton because of said blowjob "scandal?" Who ran a shitty campaign and lost his home state? Who nominated a worthless shitburger that brought nothing to the ticket as HIS VP candidate?

*yawn*

I love how tight you're trying to hold ground when Florida is 2-1 Donald and Ohio is currently 50/50 before Trump dropped that nasty NAFTA bomb on Kasich in front of all the union leadership in NorthernOhio who was in attendance in Cleveland.

It's cute. I can't wait for your breakdown when Clinton takes a huge L to a fucktard.

Edit: A fucktard who beatdown the Bush dynasty as well as will do to the Clintons. America....the fuck is wrong with you?
YMMV

james

*yawn*

Hillary, make major campaign killing gaffes?

That would be so unlike her!

Am_I_Anonymous

*yawn*

Hillary, make major campaign killing gaffes?

That would be so unlike her!

She needs to spend time talking about a guy who lived with him mom until he was in his 40's, she ain't got no time for Trump yet.

:umad
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Barring some major fuck up out of anyone's control (a muslim shoots up a daycare, another major economic crisis) Trump's unfavorables are just too fucking high for me to think he can win this November.

Obviously y'all are either gleefully anticipating/dreading otherwise, which puts me in the rare position of the "optimist" in this argument, but still. Whatever. Pretty much everything is pointing to him losing this November, but ok. I'll just ignore all that shit and listen to y'alls expert takes on politics.
yar

Syph

lol this page
chill brehs
rubio is gonna sweep the rest of the states and win the general with 100% of the popular vote with even Bill "Jeffrey Epstein" Clinton voting for him

so just relax

for real though let's see what happens tomorrow and how badly Kasich wins Ohio and how much of a dent Cruz can put in Trump's armour
[close]
XO

Am_I_Anonymous

Barring some major fuck up out of anyone's control (a muslim shoots up a daycare, another major economic crisis) Trump's unfavorables are just too fucking high for me to think he can win this November.

Obviously y'all are either gleefully anticipating/dreading otherwise, which puts me in the rare position of the "optimist" in this argument, but still. Whatever. Pretty much everything is pointing to him losing this November, but ok. I'll just ignore all that shit and listen to y'alls expert takes on politics.

Trust me when I say I wish I was fucking wrong. Nobody has captured "america" like this in my lifetime but Obama and now Donald. Granted two different groups of people but the fact remains.......fucking frightening shit.

Hillary comes to cleveland and gets 1000 tops, trump pulls 40,000+ Ohioans in 3 visits.
YMMV

Brehvolution

I don't think it's that hard to see repubs winning this year. It's been almost 70 years since dems won a 3rd term for prez. The dems that did it back then were before the civil rights act 'dems'.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

I don't think it's that hard to see repubs winning this year. It's been almost 70 years since dems won a 3rd term for prez. The dems that did it back then were before the civil rights act 'dems'.

True but Clinton and Kennedy could have ran for 4 consecutive terms and won to be fair.

Edit: Probably Obama too.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2016/03/mapping_where_donald_trumps_ba.html#incart_m-rpt-1

:confused

Most closely linked to Trump support, in order, were counties where:

a higher percentages of white adults did not graduate from high school.
more people wrote down American as an ancestry in completing census forms, rather than listing Irish, German, Italian or other ancestries.
a higher percent of people live in mobile homes.

So basically 3/4's of Ohio brehs.
YMMV

Brehvolution

Holmes county :kobeyuck
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

Holmes county :kobeyuck

Summit County   :kobeyuck     Meth
Medina County     :kobeyuck     Meth
Lorain County       :kobeyuck    Heroin

Fucking frightening, ain't it?

I live in one of the rare nice parts of Lorain county and I pass, oh, 4 or 5 trailerparks on the way to 480 everyday, lol.
YMMV

50%?

WOW.

"After his impeachment proceedings in 1998 and 1999, Clinton's rating reached its highest point at 73% approval. He finished with a Gallup poll approval rating of 65% higher than that of every other departing president measured since Harry Truman."

Anyone care to remind me how that worked out for his VP. which ran for president in 2000, a year Ive been told has huge Democrat turnout?

And a balanced budget?

Anyone?

Anyone?

:umad :umad :umad

Am_I_Anonymous

Amish country seemed pretty nice when I was out in Ohio.

Dude Amish are more dirty than you think. Cocaine is their game bro, trust me they live in my county.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

50%?

WOW.

And a balanced budget?

Anyone?

Anyone?

:umad :umad :umad

Your reply makes no sense. Take a time out and think of a proper rebuttal and try again. Thx  :doge
YMMV

seagrams hotsauce

No one bringing up the SC recount decision as a factor in Gore losing is surprising

Mandark

• Icon
Every single person who voted for Romney will vote for Trump. But Trump will also get all the blue collar white voters who stayed home thanks to the 47% comments + anti-union message.

Other than wishful thinking, any reason to believe that?

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Trust me when I say I wish I was fucking wrong. Nobody has captured "america" like this in my lifetime but Obama and now Donald. Granted two different groups of people but the fact remains.......fucking frightening shit.

Hillary comes to cleveland and gets 1000 tops, trump pulls 40,000+ Ohioans in 3 visits.

As Bernie and Ron Paul have clearly proven, the size of your crowds directly correlates to your success at the polls in November
yar

Mandark

• Icon
Yeah, for all this talk about Trump taking the country by storm, he's winning fewer states than Hillary.

He's just clearing a much lower bar of expectations, and creating good TV imagery.  I don't think his RCP polling average has even broken 40% yet, and we're apparently in the middle of Trumpmania.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Have to go vote in Florida tomorrow. Also got a jury summons for the first time in my life where I'm actually gonna have to do it.

:goty2

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Alright let's just set up a bracket already, this dick waving "no, I'm the one who totally knows what's going on" is tiring.

james

Yeah, for all this talk about Trump taking the country by storm, he's winning fewer states than Hillary.

He's just clearing a much lower bar of expectations, and creating good TV imagery.  I don't think his RCP polling average has even broken 40% yet, and we're apparently in the middle of Trumpmania.

Hillary is 1 vs 1 with an old atheist socialist jew with an accent straight from SNL and mannerisms that are more at home in a Boca Raton retirement center than the Oval Office.

Trump was up against 12 of the most diverse and qualified candidates in GOP history*, including several successful governors, legislators, a former CEO and a famous surgeon

*Not my words.

So pulling 40% against that lineup is, quite frankly, impressive

Am_I_Anonymous

Alright let's just set up a bracket already, this dick waving "no, I'm the one who totally knows what's going on" is tiring.

It's a political thread. Of course we are going to speculate on who is going to win, jackass. What the fuck is this shit?
YMMV

james

It's a political thread. Of course we are going to speculate on who is going to win, jackass. What the fuck is this shit?

:miyamoto

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
You're just all so full of shit tho  :doge

Mandark

• Icon

No, they're a clown show and you know it.  I'm too tired to play pretend about that.

Am_I_Anonymous

You're just all so full of shit tho  :doge

Didn't your mother ever teach you that just because people have a different belief from you doesn't necessarily mean they are full of shit? Or are you under 25? It's one of the two.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

No, they're a clown show and you know it.  I'm too tired to play pretend about that.

So was Barry Sanders :yeshrug
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Naw dude, he's a hall of fame running back.

And Hillary is beating Bernie 60-40 or so in pledged delegates, even.
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

Naw dude, he's a hall of fame running back.

And Hillary is beating Bernie 60-40 or so in pledged delegates, even.

Lol total slip up. My bad.

I don't think Sanders can win Ohio, don't see it happening for him.
YMMV

Mandark

• Icon
Didn't your mother ever teach you that just because people have a different belief from you doesn't necessarily mean they are full of shit? Or are you under 25? It's one of the two.

Great, now we got AIA arguing for treating opposing viewpoints with thoughtfulness and respect.

This has gotten too weird for me, I'm out.

Brehvolution

©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

Great, now we got AIA arguing for treating opposing viewpoints with thoughtfulness and respect.

This has gotten too weird for me, I'm out.

Nah, I don't troll politics. And I'm certainly not the end all be all for political leanings. I might disagree with things said here but I don't discount them.
YMMV

UseYurBrain

Can y'all wait until tomorrow night before declaring Trump the nominee just yet ? :oreilly

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Can y'all wait until tomorrow night before declaring Trump the nominee just yet ? :oreilly

Some of us just want to watch the world burn
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

I hate that fuckboi and his bigotry.

I'd personally would have liked to have seen Rubio up until he started losing his shit the last two weeks.

Now even though I hate Trump I hope he starts effecting change in the old boy network for the better. Not in terms of his viewpoints but in terms of how they handle this in the future because they clearly butchered this.

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

Also his complete and utter destruction of Jeb Bush in 1 and 1/2 debates was fucking exciting though.
YMMV

Oblivion

On NBC’s Meet the Press, host Chuck Todd noted that after the Dayton rally, Trump tweeted a video that purportedly showed DiMassimo posing with a gun against the backdrop of an ISIS flag, with Arabic-language music playing in the background.

Trump’s tweet said, "USSS (U.S. Secret Service) did an excellent job stopping the maniac running to the stage. He has ties to ISIS. Should be in jail." The link to the video was appended to the tweet.

On Meet the Press, Todd said, "That turned out to be a hoax. Did you go over the top there on that?"

Trump responded, "No, no, no, no. He was, if you look on the Internet, if you look at clips…"

Todd repeated, "It turned out to be a hoax. Somebody made that up, sir."

Trump then said, "Well, I don't know what they made up. All I can do is play what's there. He was walking, dragging the American flag on the ground. Is that a correct statement? Was that a hoax, too? Was he dragging the flag on the ground?"

After further back and forth, Trump said, "No, excuse me, you didn't see the clip. He was playing Arabic music, he was dragging the flag along the ground, and he had Internet chatter with ISIS and about ISIS. So I don't know if he was or not. But all we did was put out what he had on his Internet. … (He) had chatter about ISIS, or with ISIS."

When Todd repeated that the video appeared to be a hoax, Trump responded, "Okay, look, well, was it a hoax that he's dragging the flag? Was that him? It looked like the same man to me. He was dragging a flag along the ground and he was playing a certain type of music. And supposedly, there was chatter about ISIS.

"Now, I don't know. What do I know about it? All I know is what's on the Internet."

Joe, please change the thread title to this.  :doge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
We should trust AiA on his opinions here because he actually PLAYED in the NFL, guys.
püp

Am_I_Anonymous

We should trust AiA on his opinions here because he actually PLAYED in the NFL, guys.

What's that have to do with anything?
YMMV

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Not like this, BrandNew.  C'mon.
MMA

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Here's why
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Trump will only win if he can deliver on his promise to make anime real.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Drumpf will only win if he can deliver on his promise to make anime real.
If Ron Paul couldn't do it what makes Trump think he can? I need details here, people.
Hi