Author Topic: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT  (Read 193110 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030336

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There was a big conversation within the team on whether Geralt could be fully nude or not. The conversation also involved the extra polygons that would be used for his penis and who would animate it while running. On the other side, others believed that there was a lot of female nudity in the game, so there should be male nudity as well. The result is that there’s a lot more male nudity than in previous games, but Geralt still normally wears his underwear.  :cody
[close]
©ZH

sarslip

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »
bore goty confirmed

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/here-s-exactly-when-the-witcher-3-xbox-one-ps4-pc-/1100-6426702/

We spoke with CD Projekt Red today and confirmed that all The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt digital copies will unlock at 1 AM CET on May 19. This translates to 4 PM PDT / 7 PM EDT on May 18 for gamers in the United States.

:noah

According to the game's product pages, the PC and PS4 editions weigh in at around 35 GB, while the Xbox One version is about 25 GB.
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »
Low res xbox textures?

sarslip

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
This translates to 4 PM PDT / 7 PM EDT on May 18 for gamers in the United States.

:gladbron

is it may 18th yet?

no?

then fuck off!

Brehvolution

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
- Level cap is 60 (with the last active slot unlocked at level 50)
- Killing monsters outside of quests yields no xp
- Levelling is slow - the Russian journalist who previewed the game @ gamer.ru said that they've only hit level 2 at the end of the 3 hour demo
- Monsters generally don't drop weapons, and those who drop high-level rewards drop diagrams/crafting recipes.
©ZH

sarslip

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »
everyone :umad about Loot Scaling

i wasnt sure what typa way i was suppose to feel about this tbh, cant think of another game that does this, do you know of any others?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
I think Oblivion put it on the map for a lot of people. Skyrim implemented it much better. In Morrowind you could still get an incredibly powerful weapon(s) very early and trivialize the rest of the game, which is why loot scaling is even a thing.
Lots and lots of games have it though. Some games just change what you can get from enemies, chests, and sometimes quest rewards so that you can't get OP shit too early, others might even change the stats on certain items depending on your level. I find the latter worse, because you might get great items too early and never know it.
Borderlands Pre-Sequel has a pretty big one called Excalibur I think. You can get it only once, so if you pick it up before you're max level it'll become worthless very quickly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:03:21 PM by Rufus »

Brehvolution

©ZH

sarslip

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2015, 05:23:59 AM »
Scaling is a bit silly but monsters dont drop gear just mats Ive been told

So the whole scenario of cheesing some baddy and then crying his loot scaled down wont happen.

El Babua

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2015, 08:48:29 AM »
Loot/Enemy scaling sucks and is for casuals. Yes, I know most RPG's in the last decade and a half have done it some way or another, including Morrowind. But as long as it's not Oblivion bad, and there's a lot of hand placed stuff, it shouldn't be too horrible.

That said, hoping CDPR is right and is implemented in an unobtrusive way.

El Babua

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2015, 09:58:15 AM »
:ufup You can beat any souls game at the starting level nub. Get gud.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2015, 10:21:25 AM »
Scaled enemies are used to account for the lack of player skill and the devs don't need to think about balancing shit.

RPGs that have this are open world in nature, a linear game or a linear RPG having enemy scaling would be dumb to the tenth degree. Every AAA RPG is open world now.

OH!

El Babua

« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
Yup, I'd take games that favor internal consistency and a world that's actually worthwhile to explore over a quest hub pandering to the player.

Permaautism :rejoice

At least this game has half of that.

sarslip

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »
that quest is cool af  :o

Brehvolution

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2015, 11:39:39 AM »
This game is gonna own so hard. :noah
©ZH

sarslip

« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »

oh hey dude, what'd you do this summer?

i platinum'd witcher 3

[close]

Brehvolution

©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »
Not sure what people are whining about- enemies scale with you, and the gameplay looks tight, combat is fluid, challenge will be there. Note I said "challenge" and not "sadistic dickpunching insta-gib roguelike deathfest" that some seem to find so enthralling, but those that do are basically all sperglord shut ins, so. Fuck em.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2015, 04:20:19 PM »
I really doubt that Witcher 3's level scaling will be as bad as Oblivion's, where you would eventually come across random bandits decked out in obsidian armor. When scaling is done right, you'll barely even notice that it's there.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
Enemies don't scale in W3, just some of the quest loot. Either way who cares. Games gonna be lit. Just purchased my copy.

50 bucks on steam. pre purchase discount + another discount if you own Witcher 1 or 2 Enhanced :obama

:bow cdprojekt the gawds :bow2

I really want to pre-purchase but I still got a 460 mane & old ass comp in general ='(

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
I just got my free copy for buying a GTX 970 to replace my GTX 770 which is moving to my secondary desktop (my old one) that's in our bedroom. I'm curious as to how well it will run on that one given the bottleneck that is my old AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU, which I think is the minimum supported. I'm thinking it might still be playable given that I'll only need to run it in 1366 x 768 resolution anyway (the res of the plasma we have in there). And if not, there's still in-home streaming from my main PC in the living room.

sarslip

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
surprised a mod had to wait for such a deal, i figured the revenue from those not using ad-block plus would suffice to comp an SLI setup or two  :hitler

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2015, 07:21:35 PM »
surprised a mod had to wait for such a deal, i figured the revenue from those not using ad-block plus would suffice to comp an SLI setup or two  :hitler

Now that I think about it, I should have Kickstarted a dual Titan setup.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2015, 07:45:04 PM »

oh hey dude, what'd you do this summer?

i platinum'd witcher 3

[close]

Tell me moore.

archie4208

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »

Now that I think about it, I should have Kickstarted a dual Titan setup.

I bet you could watch 4k video of the Titanic with no problem.  :drool

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 01:24:04 AM »
Lol at the souls/bb hate itt

Git gud scrubs

Im not saying every game has to have that style, but bitching about souls just makes you sound bitter cause you're not good enough

sarslip

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 07:21:12 AM »
that "git gud" shit is cornball.  i just beat both hotline miamis, bloodborne gets boring long before it gets hard.

2015's true GOTY is now imminent, embrace it  :rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2015, 08:03:06 AM »
What? When does it get boring? When does it get hard?

Im at the final stages of HM2 now. Being good at HM doesnt have much to do with BB.

Brehvolution

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »
This is the first steam game I'm going to have to use parental controls on. My son will see me play and will want to play too. "Sorry boy, you are to young. Cheer up though. By time you are 16 you can play this game on ultra settings."
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »

Git gud scrubs

Im not saying every game has to have that style, but bitching about souls just makes you sound bitter cause you're not good enough

You play one Souls game, suddenly you're a master :badass
fat

Brehvolution

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:23 PM »
You know the game is going to be good when the biggest complaint on gaf is  :derp Too much wind. Would not play. :derp
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

Git gud scrubs

You play one Souls game, suddenly you're a master :badass

I finished 2 though

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »
Oh shit dude, I bet you could take on the world.
fat

sarslip

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2015, 08:42:11 AM »
eatchildren with the based link  :whew

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
It's big but what do you do? Is it like Elder Scrolls or Bioware games where there are lots of cities and decent side quests (I'm sorry but I've never played one of these games before).

sarslip

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
It's big but what do you do?

sex the ladies

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »
It's big but what do you do? Is it like Elder Scrolls or Bioware games where there are lots of cities and decent side quests (I'm sorry but I've never played one of these games before).

Hopefully not at all like recent Bioware

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »

Both of the previous Witcher games had a ton of quests, so I doubt this one will be any different.
dog

studyguy

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2015, 01:45:03 AM »
I decided to restart a save for this coming title in Nightmare mode.
Forgot about it till now and I realized I forgot how to play so I'm getting worked hard. smh I just want a save to carry over at this point.
pause

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
I banged out Witdcher 2 all weekend, only just hit Chapter 2. Playing on Dark difficulty, the difficulty is definitely there - they basically amped up the enemy stats, so you die in a few hits. No big deal, as with most ARPGs, you can just roll around and pew pew pew fireballs at them and kite them out.

In Dark difficulty, they introduce a super good armor set that is only available on Dark, and there is one unique set per chapter. After picking up EVERYTHING i could, and scraping together the money and items, I made the set.

Turns out, whenever you unsheathe your sword, your screen turns all black and foggy - because youre supposed to be "cursed" - which is nullified when you have the whole set. In order to play Dark mode with this new gear, you have to suffer through this black haze. Whats worse is that all the Dark sets are Best in Slot for the game (at that point), so your only option is to nerf yourself so you don have to deal with a black haze.

As for the game, its aight, but TBH plays like any other eurojank ARPG I've come across on console - Risen, Arcania, Two Worlds, etc.

There doesnt really seem to be much consequence on your decisions. I can just as easily tell people to fuck off, be their bitch, and anything in between, the only repercussion are the rewards involved. I normally just go for anything that yields me more money as money is pretty strict in this game.

Theres a lot of mentions of the "Wild Hunt" for witcher 3, so it helps keep my interest.
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »
W1 was more subtle and had more instances of Geralt influencing things. Help out a bunch of elves against racist human early on and much later they'll turn out to have been terrorists who are now robbing a bank. W3 sounds like it'll go more in that direction.
In W2 it is chapter 2, as there are two versions. Help Iorveth, or help the spy master (whatever his name was) at the end of chapter 1 and you start at different sides of the brewing conflict and do largely different quests, including side quests.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
Ya, I read and it seems it is unique enough to feel like 2 different games, and each side tells more to the store. Roche's side is apparently the "easier to understand" one for first timers, with Iorveth being the everything in-between. I will try and do both (I made a save before the split) -- need to do both anyway for 1000 gamerscore.

I am laughing at how flat Geralt sounds too. He was like it in Witcher 1 too (which admittedly I only played a bit of the intro, but either due to the game running like shit, or my PC running it like shit, I stopped and just read up on wiki etc.), I hope it carries over to 3.

I have pretty much watched -nothing- on witcher 3, so I'm going to go in blind.
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
It's not quite as different as it sounds initially, but it is the most substantial alternate path I have ever seen. The downside is that the finale is pretty short because of it. Things wrap up very quickly.

Witchers are supposed to be emotionless, neutral killing machines, but they're obviously far from Vulkan levels of transcendence. Especially Geralt, what with all the fucking and anger and side taking.

The best way to do it, but I couldn't resist. :noah

sarslip

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
yeah i only recently played the Iorveth path and was decidedly  :gladbron  at how cool and different it was from Roche 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »
I hope the combat is improved in 3.

Attacking can either be smooth as fuck, or extremely frustrating with how slow and shit Geralt handles his one (!) sword. It's a step up from Witcher 1's stupid juggling of stances, at least.
fat

sarslip

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
Also,
Witcher 1 and 2 Enhanced Editions are 2.49/5.00 respectively 
:gladbron

at Origin
   :beli

sarslip

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
that early embargo  :noah

that CDPR confidence  :badass

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »
I hope the combat is improved in 3.

Attacking can either be smooth as fuck, or extremely frustrating with how slow and shit Geralt handles his one (!) sword. It's a step up from Witcher 1's stupid juggling of stances, at least.

Combat in 1 was jank as fuck

Worst thing about the Witcher

Ive only played about 20 hours of witcher but I have high hopes for this one.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »
I've never done the Iorveth chapter 2 because everytime I replay/restart W2 I just can't say no to my bro Roche.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
I dunno Roche is kind of a square in Chapter 1, he bungles the Letho encounter and has the balls to yell at me about it. I would hae sliced his little peepee off. I would have gone with Ivoreth had I not had to play both anyway.
fat

sarslip

« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:15 PM »
Geralt VA is flat, yes, but Dandelion is unbearable, Polish [w/ eng dubs], Geralt is way more  :badass

[close]

and yeah after playing Iorveth, i get salty everytime Roche questions me, dry-snitchin ass

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:42:25 PM by sarslip »

sarslip

« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »
[close]

mute   :aah

Brehvolution

« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
©ZH

sarslip

« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2015, 07:56:21 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161936281&postcount=856

Mutagen info translated.

only thing is that W1 and 2, had a combat counter system and having beaten each game, (W2 twice) i may have accidentally countered an attack one time total.  i hope that becomes more intuitive in W3.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
I havent put points into Riposte at all, waste of a point, there are much more useful nodes on the skilltree.
fat

sarslip

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »
I havent put points into Riposte at all, waste of a point, there are much more useful nodes on the skilltree.

i felt like in W2 it was all about spell casting upgrades.  i upgraded the shit out of my sword skillz on my last W2 playthrough and it didnt seem to have much of an effect.  rolling dodge upgrades were cool, but everything else im not sure was worth it.

Brehvolution

« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

Part 2 60fps
©ZH