Author Topic: Game  (Read 24896 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: BREAKING: Microsoft drops the Xbone DRM (PR in first post)
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2013, 07:08:21 PM »
who the hell is totalbiscuit

We should have him on the Cruncheons, give him the ol' dumpster treatment
yar

G The Resurrected

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »
G is mad cause him and Roxy for some reason keep buying seven copies of the same game.

He wants to hurt the developer by only buying one and sharing it.

Way to ruin the economy, G.

Remember that copy of Blaze Blue you wanted? If you were on our Family Share you could have had it without me having to ship that shit to you!

In all seriousness it's not about buying multiple copies, but rather the licenses and online passes. This system fixed a lot of problems that I've been personally having with my 360's. I currently have 3 consoles and you try having all of your games available wherever you are. Especially when it comes to XBLA games and having multiple XBL users in your household.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
I wonder if game pricing will silently go up now.EA has to make up for $10 loss somehow.
cat

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
Yo, MCD, we back? 

nudemacusers

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »
I feel like I've missed out on something, yet do not feel badly about it.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:05 PM »

He's that guy that makes those videos.
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
if anyone thought Family Share would have actually let 10 people share 1 copy of 1 game

YOU

ARE

AN

IDIOT

Microsoft didn't spend billions of dollars building a comprehensive, cloud-based, license-driven digital distribution system to sell 90% fewer games.

...which is why they removed it from their system. 8)
乱学者

etiolate

« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »
Eh, to me they're both victims of the post-ronic. They believe you can troll on the internet with a faux and sincere voice all at once and think it won't matter.

i don't think totalbiscuit even works on that level. he just has a thin skin and a dull blade.

i envy you.

Now more people know who TB is due to being dissenting. He got in a fight with NeoGAF over it and that only ups his and GAF's profile. When TB did his anti-used game sales rant, he got an increase in subs. It's about entertainment and publicity. Unfortunately, you kind of throw your voice down the toilet by doing it this way. Eventually, the madassery catches up to you and nobody thinks anything of you other than you're crying wolf. You're irrelevant. That's a problem when you're a personality that still wants to be taken seriously, like TB does.

Himu

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »

Microsoft didn't spend billions of dollars building a comprehensive, cloud-based, license-driven digital distribution system to sell 90% fewer games.

This is why this is so shocking. I mean, is the Xbone going to be delayed? This must set them back a lot, no?

Are they still gunning for the Cloud?
IYKYK

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
Region free too, eh? Is Ps4 region free?
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »
Yes ps4 is region free.
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »
Poor G. He thought he could digitally share his complete game library across all his Xbox Ones.

Now life has killed ... the DRM he DRMed. :'(
乱学者

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Well then good riddance, region locking. You will not be missed.
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »
Don't make fun of G, Treesong. How did your wife like my pea coat?
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
Poor G. He thought he could digitally share his complete game library across all his Xbox Ones.

Now life has killed ... the DRM he DRMed. :'(

Suffer like G did

No, literally
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »
CliffyB is just some guy who makes shootin' games.

Or made, rather. He's retired now, or something.
dog

Himu

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »
What does CliffyB even do? Does he just hang out driving fast cars?
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
CliffyB is just some guy who makes shootin' games.

Or made, rather. He's retired now, or something.

He's ascended to the Cloud
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
What does CliffyB even do? Does he just hang out driving fast cars?

Professional Tweeter
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
Don't make fun of G, Treesong. How did your wife like my pea coat?

yes, thank you! glad we could exchange patterns in Animal Crossing Online. :bow the infinite gayness of the cloud :bow2
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
Change the color values of the coat about two grays to the left, and now it's perfect. The color you have now is too dark! But that's imo. DO WHATEVER!

Also lol

"Finally, Whitten could not give any reassurance that Microsoft will not change its policies in the future."

:dead

TROJAN HORSE

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596936
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-policy-changes-waited-on-gamers-knowing-complete-story/
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »

This is why this is so shocking. I mean, is the Xbone going to be delayed? This must set them back a lot, no?

Early word is that the 180 will be accomplished through a day one patch to the system.

Himu

« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
hahaahaha what the fuck
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
püp

Himu

« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
I can never get over how much Mattricks looks like a weasel or a ferret in human form.
IYKYK

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
So I guess negative mainstream reactions (Fallon, that Military Lady) and apparently low pre-order numbers did this in.

Good because that shit was fucking stupid and no "family plan" wasn't gonna save it
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:00:03 PM by Purple Filth »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

This is going to be a bit of a shock, but the cloud was always a fucking lie.

the original name for "the infinite power of the cloud" was "blast remote processing"
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
Total Biscuit seems intent on throwing away the goodwill he has built over the course of years, I really don't understand it. He's not going to go out of business or some shit but why take that popularity hit for saying dumb shit? I mean seriously, today is basically Victory Day for nerds, what's the point in putting your asshole 2 cents in.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »
does he feel depressed when he goes to the library
The thing is, that analogy really doesn't hold up. Books do not lose value over time, they cannot lose impressiveness, effectiveness, the audience for any given book does not diminish, in the same way which it does for games.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I can never get over how much Mattricks looks like a weasel or a ferret in human form.

:o

Holy mackerel, you're right.

BBCode (message boards & forums)

Skidmark

« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
I am actually not very excited about hearing this. In a way its good that they can force themselves and do such changes to keep the customers happy and so on but I was going to buy both consoles anyway. The ps4 and the xbox one. I was actually happy about having the ability to chose from the best of both worlds. I was also curious to see how both consoles will be 5 years down the road. It would have been an interesting difference. The way I see it now is there isn't much of a difference left, just different controllers and different exclusives, not as exciting.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »
How crazy must have the pre-order disparity been in order for this shit to happen.

I'm imagining red lights and sirens blaring non stop at headquarters post e3
dur

« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
I'm still a little wary of Microsoft at this point. If they're willing to change their minds this quickly, who's to say they won't do it again?
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
Don't worry, Gundam! Just like your HDMI cable's HDCP, it won't ever be called into action!

Oh, wait...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
I am actually not very excited about hearing this. In a way its good that they can force themselves and do such changes to keep the customers happy and so on but I was going to buy both consoles anyway. The ps4 and the xbox one. I was actually happy about having the ability to chose from the best of both worlds. I was also curious to see how both consoles will be 5 years down the road. It would have been an interesting difference. The way I see it now is there isn't much of a difference left, just different controllers and different exclusives, not as exciting.

Welcome back, Skidmark!

etiolate

« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »
So did they remove the sharing of digital games as a sort of angry break-up move?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »
i feel terrible for all those CEOs who spent months playing fantasy revenue forecast based on the idea that no used game sales would plug the giant whole in the company finances.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
TROJAN HORSE

Basically what I said earlier: I don't trust them enough to not attempt this again but at a slower/less "noticeable" pace for the majority at large to not notice until it's too late. Would it be nice if they never did? Yeah. But I don't trust them enough to not attempt  it again.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »
So did they remove the sharing of digital games as a sort of angry break-up move?

Not possible without internet and mandatory online for everyone.Offline consoles = piracy hell
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »

yeah, that's confusing.

If Microsoft had the sharing system in place, it'd be an enticing reason to go digital and provide an advantage over the PS4.

Sony's been coy about that, too.  It asked us to imagine this scenario where you're playing Knack, you pass out, and your friend takes over your game to finish it for you through streaming magic.  Does it read the data from your disk, stream it over your connection to them? what about streaming in general? are there mandatory installs? are these features only for digital buyers? another scenario was the system knowing what game you'll play and downloading them for you and...you get the idea that it's pushing a digital future while championing the old ways.

Not possible without internet and mandatory online for everyone.Offline consoles = piracy hell

I don't think that's correct.  At least both PS3 and Steam can make games work until a certain date, internet or no internet.  It's how PS Plus works.  If it didn't, you could download your games, turn your clock back, and go offline to keep all your PS Plus games.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:49:37 PM by fryinghigh »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »

huahuahua
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
It's still $100 more for a weaker console with an accessory I want nothing to do with.

My interest level is still zero, as it will be for the foreseeable future.
🍆🍆

Smooth Groove

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Xbone looks to have the better launch games though

But still not enough to get me to jump in

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
What's with all the crying about game sharing? I have a bunch of games my friends have shared with me over PSN, it isn't something new and it apparently didn't work, what was gonna be different about MS's approach besides being more restrictive?
Drunk

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
What's with all the crying about game sharing? I have a bunch of games my friends have shared with me over PSN, it isn't something new and it apparently didn't work, what was gonna be different about MS's approach besides being more restrictive?

10 people mang.

Seriously its funny Sony got a lot of shit for it and their version was "better" (even though the whole thing was just some DRM work around they eventually tried to peddle as a feature  :lol). 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:47:24 PM by Purple Filth »

« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:26 PM »
The schadenfreude I'm experiencing right now is amazing. The bitter tears coming from people upset about this are amazing. And by that, I'm not necessarily laughing at people that liked the idea of an all digital console. What I find hilarious are the idiots that thought Microsoft was offering a veritable paradise save for the fact that vocal whiners ruined it. As if Microsoft had no option but to capitulate and get rid of the awesome sounding stuff as well.

Thanks jackasses that wanted to sell used games! You ruined it all. Microsoft had a dream, and you ruined it!

FatalT

« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
The schadenfreude I'm experiencing right now is amazing. The bitter tears coming from people upset about this are amazing. And by that, I'm not necessarily laughing at people that liked the idea of an all digital console. What I find hilarious are the idiots that thought Microsoft was offering a veritable paradise save for the fact that vocal whiners ruined it. As if Microsoft had no option but to capitulate and get rid of the awesome sounding stuff as well.

Thanks jackasses that wanted to sell used games! You ruined it all. Microsoft had a dream, and you ruined it!

Thanks jackasses that wanted to save the Jews! You ruined it all. Hitler had a dream, and you ruined it!

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »
But but all that DLC, microtransactions, and digital downloads were going to be so much cheaper thanks to publishers not having money stolen from them from Gamestop!  Now they can't pass on those savings to us, Jackasses.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
That would have been pretty cool if the Bore had a Xbone game sharing group with people rotating purchases

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2013, 09:52:47 PM »
The worst part of this is that 10 person game sharing fantasy will never be broke.  Die hards will take that shit to the grave. 

Purple Filth

« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »
That would have been pretty cool if the Bore had a Xbone game sharing group with people rotating purchases

Then I would never buy a Xbone game ever then  :P

And the publisher wouldn't want that (unless MS was gonna give them a ton of money).

Skidmark

« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »
Serious question:

Could Microsoft make this whole thing optional? like you get to chose between the traditional model or digital model when you set up the system the first time. This way people can play with discs offline if that's what they prefer but we who want those new features can still have them if we agree to have the drm bullshit?

Could this be done in a beneficial way for Microsoft?

Welcome back, Skidmark!

Thanks  :)

« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »

And the publisher wouldn't want that (unless MS was gonna give them a ton of money).

Well, you'd have to buy something every now and then. At least, if I had any say about who was allowed in the Bore group (author's note: I wouldn't) I would. I certainly wouldn't want your freeloading ass in my family share plan.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:47 PM »

But then you'll get kicked out of the group after your first flake

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
This is all funny to me because all these policies are just temporary anyway. Microsoft's problem was that they tried to shove this down our throats from the outset, did a terrible job of explaining the benefits, and just didn't think about the consequences. I have no doubt by the end of this generation the focus will have moved drastically towards digital games even more so than they have now. And there will probably be tons of new policies for digital game rights that don't exist now.
nat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
This is all funny to me because all these policies are just temporary anyway. Microsoft's problem was that they tried to shove this down our throats from the outset, did a terrible job of explaining the benefits, and just didn't think about the consequences. I have no doubt by the end of this generation the focus will have moved drastically towards digital games even more so than they have now. And there will probably be tons of new policies for digital game rights that don't exist now.

This is the way I understood it from E3.

XBOX ONE® DRM

Benefits:
TEH CLOUD
SHARE GAEMS W/ALL UR FRENDS
SPORTS!!!!
SHIT IS SO FUCKING TIGHT
SPORTS!!!!!
HAVE YOU SEEN TITANFALL!?

Downsides:
Too awesome for some people
©@©™

Smooth Groove

« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
WTF

So no DRM=no cloud?

There goes Forza's 1080P/60fps