Author Topic: Official NFL Thread: NFL Draft Weekend  (Read 300126 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: NFL 2014-2015 Thread: No Favre, No Tebow, No Superbowl
« Reply #1020 on: November 07, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
Records can be deceptive. The Lions are 6-2 and I wouldn't call them a particularly good team, even though the defense is allegedly the best in the league. This team's entire life depends on the d-line getting pressure on opposing QBs. When we don't get that, our weak secondary is easy to exploit. Our offense is bad, although part of that has to do with so many weapons being injured during the first half of the season. We'll get everyone back this weekend but I'm not sold on Matt Stafford making this offense look good, even with Megatron.

The Browns have a great o-line and overall have a good defense. They got through a pretty tough first half 6-3. This next half looks a lot easier. The Colts will destroy them in a couple weeks and they'll look to the Ravens on the road to end the season, but outside of that I don't see any sure-fire losses on the schedule. Atlanta? Buffalo? meh.

Well my math might be rusty but that would make them a decent team then, yes? Not a collection of bozos that toxic adam is saying they are. I mean Cleveland fans are the worst sometimes.

You give me Browns and 8 against the Colts?

I'll take that. Lord knows I hate Luck dick sucking...but dude is playing lights out.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1021 on: November 07, 2014, 03:46:34 PM »
Browns will be 9-7
püp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1022 on: November 09, 2014, 05:09:05 PM »
Antonio Brown didn't bring what I usually get from him, Snorenado catching me with my pants down this week

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1023 on: November 09, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
we bad, real bad

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1024 on: November 09, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »
Another come from behind Lions win, this time with Megatron. We didn't start the game as shitty as we have in recent weeks, and Miami definitely has a good defense...but man this offense looks so awkward at times. And then at other times it looks brilliant.

http://gfycat.com/SparseFearlessAnchovy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:15:52 PM by Phoenix Dark »

« Reply #1025 on: November 09, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
Lions are alright with me, although Kastrioti makes it hard to root for them in any form.

Also, good weekend to be a Pats fan. Calm before the storm, next few weeks will be brutal.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1026 on: November 09, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
Cutler being Cutler.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1027 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
Rodgahs droppin a discount double check on Spencer this week

:umad
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1028 on: November 09, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »
Naturally the Bears shit the bed when I want them to win. Fuck the Packers are on a roll. The rest of their schedule is pretty easy with lots of home games. The division could come down to the last game of the season when we face them on the road. I'm not confident at all. Yea we beat the Packers pretty handily this year but they're healthier and better now.

Next weekend's game is huge. At Arizona, huge playoff implications. If we're gonna make the playoffs without winning the division, we have to win this game.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1029 on: November 10, 2014, 07:54:32 AM »
Browns in first place.

Thanks Ben!

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1030 on: November 10, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »
Naturally the Bears shit the bed when I want them to win. Fuck the Packers are on a roll. The rest of their schedule is pretty easy with lots of home games. The division could come down to the last game of the season when we face them on the road. I'm not confident at all. Yea we beat the Packers pretty handily this year but they're healthier and better now.

Next weekend's game is huge. At Arizona, huge playoff implications. If we're gonna make the playoffs without winning the division, we have to win this game.

Arizona lost Palmer for the year, good time to play them.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1031 on: November 10, 2014, 08:11:01 AM »

Yea, although that defense won't be effected. I'm surprised their secondary is ranked so low statistically; they have two really good DBs. Peterson has the tools to hang with Megatron, although Megatron tends to get the best of him.

Drew Stanton can start in the NFL imo. Used to be a Lion (and before that MSU of course), he's not bad. Dude came into the game yesterday and immediately got Arizona the lead.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1032 on: November 10, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

Yea, although that defense won't be effected. I'm surprised their secondary is ranked so low statistically; they have two really good DBs. Peterson has the tools to hang with Megatron, although Megatron tends to get the best of him.

Drew Stanton can start in the NFL imo. Used to be a Lion (and before that MSU of course), he's not bad. Dude came into the game yesterday and immediately got Arizona the lead.

Always easy to come into a game you have not been planned against. It'll be different next week. Detroit dials up the pressure, I look for Stanton to be mediocre or worse first week.

Plus another week of Megatron getting back into game shape

:lawd
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

YMMV

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1034 on: November 10, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
To win in my money league, I just need Kelvin Benjamin to not have the best night of his rookie career / get the third most fantasy points for receivers this week.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1035 on: November 10, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
To win in my money league, I just need Kelvin Benjamin to not have the best night of his rookie career / get the third most fantasy points for receivers this week.

Well if it's a small help.....eagles are going to destroy them so he may just get a few more looks than normal.

I need 58 between McCoy, Maclin, and the Panthers kicker.   fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1036 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
My FF opponent is starting Sanchez. :heh

Hoping for buttfumble 2.0
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1037 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
My FF opponent is starting Sanchez. :heh

Hoping for buttfumble 2.0

You're in trouble. This offense is made for him.

He'll go for 250 yards and 3 td's.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1038 on: November 10, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
:heh

I'll never be scared of dirty sanchez.

©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1039 on: November 10, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »

You watch tonight. It isn't Sanchez, it's the offense.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1040 on: November 10, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
yea...at this point underestimating Chip Kelly isn't a good idea.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1041 on: November 10, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
yea...at this point underestimating Chip Kelly isn't a good idea.

It's predicated on shallow routes and McCoy making the defense weight the front foot and then Maclin running by shit tier panther's CB's.

I don't like this game for the Panthers........28-10 Eagles imo.

BUUUUTTTTTT since I have Maclin and McCoy going tonight it'll probably be 21-3 panthers..... :fbm
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1042 on: November 10, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
Seems like Cam has hit a wall. I only got to see him against the Lions, and he didn't look bad but he took stupid sacks and whiffed some passes. But since then he has looked turrible as Charles would say.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1043 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »
Barely squeaked by in my money league

Brehvolution

« Reply #1044 on: November 11, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »

THe eagle defense scored more points on me than sanchez did. :shaq2
©ZH

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1045 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Seems like Cam has hit a wall. I only got to see him against the Lions, and he didn't look bad but he took stupid sacks and whiffed some passes. But since then he has looked turrible as Charles would say.
I mean, he's injured. I guess that counts as a wall.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/requiem-for-the-panthers-how-carolinas-playoff-hopes-went-bust/

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1046 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »
I mean, he's injured. I guess that counts as a wall.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/requiem-for-the-panthers-how-carolinas-playoff-hopes-went-bust/

No Phoenix is right. Cam isn't going to get any better and the older he gets the less he will run which is really his best asset. Take away the fear of the run and you have a quarterback with a great arm but accuracy issues.
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1047 on: November 11, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Patrick Willis was put on IR.  :noooo :brazilcry   :tocry

There goes any hope of getting the defense back together for the stretch run to end the season. :tocry
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1048 on: November 11, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Patrick Willis was put on IR.  :noooo :brazilcry (Image removed from quote.)  :tocry

There goes any hope of getting the defense back together for the stretch run to end the season. :tocry

Harbaugh to Michigan is like a predetermined thing now, right?

:jawalrus

Can a nicca please get a running back that weighs more than 150 pounds now?
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

Shino

« Reply #1050 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:53 AM »

I hope this is true.  MY QB situation has not been the greatest and it's especially bad this week.

I have Romo who is on bye (but who has been surprisingly solid for me all season.
Alex Smith who is facing the Seahawks (and never seems to put up that great of numbers).
And Sanchez after picking him up off the wire last week.  And they are in Green Bay.

Right now I have Sanchez starting... not sure if I should stick with that.

I'm 7-3 in my league.  Hoping to go 10 - 3.  I think I'll be fine if I can squeak by this week... Since Josh Gordon gets a starting spot next week!
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1051 on: November 13, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

I hope this is true.  MY QB situation has not been the greatest and it's especially bad this week.

I have Romo who is on bye (but who has been surprisingly solid for me all season.
Alex Smith who is facing the Seahawks (and never seems to put up that great of numbers).
And Sanchez after picking him up off the wire last week.  And they are in Green Bay.

Right now I have Sanchez starting... not sure if I should stick with that.

I'm 7-3 in my league.  Hoping to go 10 - 3.  I think I'll be fine if I can squeak by this week... Since Josh Gordon gets a starting spot next week!

I'd be scouring that waiver wire bro, I don't see any potential for either of them to surpass 15 points against their opponents.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1052 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »
Philly is playing GB right? Sanchez should be able to score on that secondary. However I do think the Sanchez was bailed out by a weak Panthers d; he threw some very high darts that would have been picked off by better DBs.

Shino

« Reply #1053 on: November 13, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
I'd be scouring that waiver wire bro, I don't see any potential for either of them to surpass 15 points against their opponents.
I'm in a 14 Team league dude... there's NUTHIN!

Drew Stanton is available. :rofl

Philly is playing GB right? Sanchez should be able to score on that secondary. However I do think the Sanchez was bailed out by a weak Panthers d; he threw some very high darts that would have been picked off by better DBs.
Definitely agree that Carolina's D is junk and that's why Sanchez had so much success... He's projected at like 15.  I'd be fine with that.
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1054 on: November 13, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »

I just think as the NFL starts game planning for him you're going to see them eliminate the short crosses and force him to beat them deep. And he just doesn't have the arm to do that.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1055 on: November 13, 2014, 09:36:47 AM »
I'm in a 14 Team league dude... there's NUTHIN!

Drew Stanton is available. :rofl

:snoop

Go with Sanchez
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1056 on: November 13, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »
:snoop

Go with Sanchez

Yeah shit's dire!  Never thought I would WANT Romo back.
SIG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1057 on: November 13, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »
Is Flacco available? I've snagged him in two leagues when my starter QBs were on bye. He had a huge game in the first league, average in the other one.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1058 on: November 13, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »
Is Flacco available? I've snagged him in two leagues when my starter QBs were on bye. He had a huge game in the first league, average in the other one.

Problem with Flacco is he is either going to go off for 225 and 3 or control the offense at 175 and 2 if the team is running well.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1059 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »

Available Starting Qs in my league...

Josh McCown, TB@Wsh
Shaun Hill, StLvDen
Drew Stanton, ArivDet
Ryan Mallett, Hou@Cle

I could pick up McCown I guess.  Not sure if that would be any better than what I've got though.
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1060 on: November 13, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »

Available Starting Qs in my league...

Josh McCown, TB@Wsh
Shaun Hill, StLvDen
Drew Stanton, ArivDet
Ryan Mallett, Hou@Cle

I could pick up McCown I guess.  Not sure if that would be any better than what I've got though.

Mallett has a tough row to hoe although our ballhawk (Gibson) is out this week with a concussion.
Stanton is ugly but he wins
Shaun Hill nope
McCown has great weapons to throw to and washington's defense is garbage.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1061 on: November 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »
I like Stanton but he'll struggle against the Lions. We'll shut down the Cards run game so he'll have to beat us in the air. And his wife just had a baby so he'll be tired as fuck.

McCown...can't trust em imo. Washington is trash but I'd feel like shit if I started a low tier QB and go a low tier performance.

Mallett...really don't know what to think.

Sanchize time breh.

Shino

« Reply #1062 on: November 13, 2014, 10:10:24 AM »
Mallett has a tough row to hoe although our ballhawk (Gibson) is out this week with a concussion.
Our?  Are you a Texans fan?
I don't know what to think of Mallett.  Not enough in his body of work for me to take the risk.
Stanton is ugly but he wins
Funny thing is with Fitz, Floyd and Brown... I think he has the best weapons.  Just a matter of whether he can get them the ball... but this week ... against the Lions... yeah not going there.
Shaun Hill nope
Aaaaaaagreed!
McCown has great weapons to throw to and washington's defense is garbage.
Yeah I'm ditching Smith for McCown.  Not sure if I'll start him... I'll think it over.

Watch Smith put up 25 points on Seattle :rofl

I like Stanton but he'll struggle against the Lions. We'll shut down the Cards run game so he'll have to beat us in the air. And his wife just had a baby so he'll be tired as fuck.
Lions fan?  Nice input there with the baby. :lol

McCown...can't trust em imo. Washington is trash but I'd feel like shit if I started a low tier QB and go a low tier performance.
I agree... but he did put up 22 in my league against the Falcons last week... of course that was at home.  This game is in DC.

Mallett...really don't know what to think.
With ya bro.

Sanchize time breh.
Thinking so.  I'll decided between him and McCown.
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1063 on: November 13, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »
Browns fan bro...

:rejoice
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1064 on: November 13, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
Nice!  Loving watching them these days!  I hope they win the division!
That game against Cincy was awesome!
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1065 on: November 13, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
Nice!  Loving watching them these days!  I hope they win the division!
That game against Cincy was awesome!

I would like to extend an offer for you to replace Toxic Adam as an honorary browns fan

:xbone
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1066 on: November 13, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »
hahahahaa...
Accepted...
On one condition...
Starting next week until week 16 I can get pissed at Hoyer for NOT throwing to Josh Gordon!
;)
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1067 on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
hahahahaa...
Accepted...
On one condition...
Starting next week until week 16 I can get pissed at Hoyer for NOT throwing to Josh Gordon!
;)

Right then, you're in.

Toxic can go stan for the Cowboys or Eagles or Patriots since he loves them frontrunners.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1068 on: November 13, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »
hahahahaa...
Accepted...
On one condition...
;)

Right then, you're in.

Toxic can go stan for the Cowboys or Eagles or Patriots since he loves them frontrunners.
Fuck the Patriots.
Just sayin'.
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1069 on: November 13, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »
hahahahaa...
Accepted...
On one condition...
;)

Right then, you're in.

Fuck the Patriots.
Just sayin'.

The only thing that will hold Gordon back when he returns is hoyers' inability to put a lot of power on the deep ball.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1070 on: November 13, 2014, 10:34:18 AM »
The only thing that will hold Gordon back when he returns is hoyers' inability to put a lot of power on the deep ball.
I will not doubt Gordon ever again.
I got him last year via auto draft b/c my connection went down.  I was disappointed about it at first b/c he was out for 2 games.
Comes in week 3 and drops 30+ (PPR league).  I didn't play him.

He consistently put up points REGARDLESS of who was at Q during the revolving door year last year.
Hoyer is definitely better than Jason Campbell.  I'm sure they will figure out some way to work it.
SIG

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1071 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »
I will not doubt Gordon ever again.
I got him last year via auto draft b/c my connection went down.  I was disappointed about it at first b/c he was out for 2 games.
Comes in week 3 and drops 30+ (PPR league).  I didn't play him.

He consistently put up points REGARDLESS of who was at Q during the revolving door year last year.
Hoyer is definitely better than Jason Campbell.  I'm sure they will figure out some way to work it.

Campbell has a much better deep arm than Hoyer. I ain't worried about Gordon bro, he's gonna eat.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1072 on: November 13, 2014, 10:37:43 AM »
Campbell has a much better deep arm than Hoyer. I ain't worried about Gordon bro, he's gonna eat.
True, Campbell had a better deep arm for sure, but Hoyer is a more consistent passer.
Either way though... yeah... hopefully feasting.
SIG

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1073 on: November 13, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »
Gordon :rejoice

This is my team in my money league

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1074 on: November 13, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »
Yup Lions fan here. I'm not as confident as most fans about the game (Arizona is always a tough place to play at) but Megatron is finally healthy, we get our TEs back, and the Cards won't have a run game against us.

I'm concerned about those DBs though, Peterson and the Honey Badger (who I wanted us to draft btw). Stafford can't just chuck up bullshit throws against those guys.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1075 on: November 13, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Yup Lions fan here. I'm not as confident as most fans about the game (Arizona is always a tough place to play at) but Megatron is finally healthy, we get our TEs back, and the Cards won't have a run game against us.

I'm concerned about those DBs though, Peterson and the Honey Badger (who I wanted us to draft btw). Stafford can't just chuck up bullshit throws against those guys.

My only concern with Detroit this year is if the line can keep stafford upright long enough to go deep to tate or johnson. Best Lions team in a long time PD, enjoy them.

BTW if the gods smile and it becomes a Lions/Browns superbowl either I'm going to watch it in Detroit with the old crew or you're welcome to come to Cleveland and sip cognac in the VIP breh.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1076 on: November 13, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
Gordon :rejoice

This is my team in my money league
Dammit!  I'm sorry Pineapple... the site won't let me "like" this more than once. ;)

Arizona a great team, but they are vulnerable against top tier receivers and that showed in their one (grueling) loss to the Broncs.
I think the Lions pull this one off and Golden Tate has another big game for my Fantasy Team!
SIG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1077 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
I have Megatron and Tate in one league, just Megatron in another. I luckily survived while he was out, I'm still in the playoff hunt.

my RB depth is trash

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1078 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »
I have Megatron and Tate in one league, just Megatron in another. I luckily survived while he was out, I'm still in the playoff hunt.

my RB depth is trash

I'm 4-6 with the most points in the league, feels bad bro.
YMMV

Shino

« Reply #1079 on: November 13, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »
As I mentioned, I'm 7-3 and definitely in the playoff hunt.

last week I lost though... and it was demoralizing.

My opponent...
Had Andy Dalton.
Who put up -3!

And I lost.
I picked up Martavis Bryant off the wire and the question was ... do I play him, or Percy who had a great week the week before.
Percy put up 9.
Bryant put up 24.

Yeah... I lost by 6.  :-\
SIG