Author Topic: Official NFL Thread: NFL Draft Weekend  (Read 300016 times)

Re: NFL 2014-2015 Thread: No Favre, No Tebow, No Superbowl
« Reply #1560 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
Your team should never have to be in a position where you blame the refs for your loss. Sucks, but it's true.
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1561 on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »
That GIF is worse than the shit Arvie posts in the NSFW thread.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1562 on: January 04, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
Your team should never have to be in a position where you blame the refs for your loss. Sucks, but it's true.

While I agree with this...we were leading when the damn PI flag was picked up. 15 yards would have put us in the red zone up 3.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1563 on: January 04, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »

:stahp

:dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1564 on: January 04, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
One of the most blatant con jobs I've seen. The Lions fucked up on offense in the second half sure. But there's no excuse for picking up a flag and not giving an explanation. Not to mention Dez fucking Bryant CLEARLY sideline interfering and not being flagged. Or Megatron being held during that final drive. Fuck that.

Go Packers.
raidah fans know that feel breh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1565 on: January 04, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »
I'm still mad but like I said, the offense didn't show up in the second half. One more score and we win that game.

Off season:

-Fire Lombardi. I've seen enough of his offense. Caldwell hit the lottery with Taryl Austin, who had never been an NFL coordinator before...but Lombardi has been a bust. I'd take Trestman over him, fuck it.

-Let Suh walk. He played like a man possessed today, he deserves to be paid big bucks...but we simply cannot afford him. Even franchising him would cripple our ability to fix this team's weaknesses - namely the secondary and o-line.

-Re-sign Fairley. He played well when he was healthy, his weight issue seems to be resolved, and more importantly he showed maturity. His injury could allow us to offer a cheaper deal than we might have if he was healthy.

-Fix the o-line. Injuries decimated us and we need some more depth. Cut Raiola, cut Sims. Whether through the draft or FA we need an upgrade at guard.

-Cut Bush. I've seen enough. Yes the o-line is done, but he doesn't seem to "get" that he's not 25 anymore. The endless cutting and stutter steps result in more 0-2yd gains than anything. Riddick is a better receiver and hopefully can improve as a runner, with a better o-line. I'd also draft an RB within the first four rounds.

-Address the secondary. Slay is developing well, and Mathis had a really good year...but he will be 35 next year. It's time to replace him. We've drafted many CBs over the last few years, it seems like only Slay is worth anything...I'd rather target one in FA than draft another.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1566 on: January 04, 2015, 11:52:11 PM »
Can't wait for Romo to Romo next week  :heh

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1567 on: January 04, 2015, 11:54:51 PM »

Super Bowl XL breh?

:heh
yar

« Reply #1568 on: January 05, 2015, 12:53:48 AM »

Super Bowl XL breh?

:umad

Like I said, we should've played better so we didn't have to complain about bad calls. The calls frustrated me, but bitching accomplishes nothing.
野球

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1569 on: January 05, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »
I am becoming more and more convinced the Front Office is pressuring referee's to make calls favoring larger markets during these playoffs. This isn't good guys. I have never seen so many ignored penalties on an O-Line nor missed calls.

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1570 on: January 05, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »
I'm still mad but like I said, the offense didn't show up in the second half. One more score and we win that game.

Off season:

-Fire Lombardi. I've seen enough of his offense. Caldwell hit the lottery with Taryl Austin, who had never been an NFL coordinator before...but Lombardi has been a bust. I'd take Trestman over him, fuck it.

-Let Suh walk. He played like a man possessed today, he deserves to be paid big bucks...but we simply cannot afford him. Even franchising him would cripple our ability to fix this team's weaknesses - namely the secondary and o-line.

-Re-sign Fairley. He played well when he was healthy, his weight issue seems to be resolved, and more importantly he showed maturity. His injury could allow us to offer a cheaper deal than we might have if he was healthy.

-Fix the o-line. Injuries decimated us and we need some more depth. Cut Raiola, cut Sims. Whether through the draft or FA we need an upgrade at guard.

-Cut Bush. I've seen enough. Yes the o-line is done, but he doesn't seem to "get" that he's not 25 anymore. The endless cutting and stutter steps result in more 0-2yd gains than anything. Riddick is a better receiver and hopefully can improve as a runner, with a better o-line. I'd also draft an RB within the first four rounds.

-Address the secondary. Slay is developing well, and Mathis had a really good year...but he will be 35 next year. It's time to replace him. We've drafted many CBs over the last few years, it seems like only Slay is worth anything...I'd rather target one in FA than draft another.

Sign Cutler breh

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1571 on: January 05, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »

that's easy to think but the farthest thing from the truth.

Ref's can disable your team in several ways man, from no-calling blatant holding (cough cough) to bullshit no calls on pass interference (cough cough) to providing convenient defensive flags on drives (cough cough) etc.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1572 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »
Honestly if we could get Nick Foles I'd take him. Dude can at least make simple throws consistently and we have better receivers/TEs than Philly; after fixing the o-line he'd be poised for a big year. Unfortunately it's not going to happen due to Stafford's contract.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1573 on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Honestly if we could get Nick Foles I'd take him. Dude can at least make simple throws consistently and we have better receivers/TEs than Philly; after fixing the o-line he'd be poised for a big year. Unfortunately it's not going to happen due to Stafford's contract.

Browns need to grab on of these guys next year

Foles
Cousins
Mallett

They should avoid

Cutler
RG3
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1574 on: January 05, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
Nah, Manziel's gonna come back with a 4000 yard sophomore season.

:beli

More likely we'll draft Winston and be the only team over to have the entire QB group in jail for DUI's at the same time.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1575 on: January 05, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »
Real talk: how much does the rape thing hurt Jameis' draft stock?

This isn't like Kobe where he might've raped the girl, but probably didn't, or even like Big Ben, where it looks kind of shady, but he might not have done it. Everything about the case makes him look like a bona-fide rapist.

Not as much as your think. 3 or 4 teams won't touch him (historically The Chiefs, Titans (then oilers), Bills, and Chargers will avoid him, things could have changed) and a couple other's probably don't need the headache.

What will effect him greatly is the play against Oregon, the little show he put in on the sidelines, and what his coach really thinks about him. (Tip: He can't stand the guy and is advocating him to go pro).

I think he goes somewhere end 1st round/Early 2nd.
YMMV

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1576 on: January 05, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »
You're fucking batty if you think he doesn't get picked in the first five picks.  I foresee the Titans drafting him.
püp

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1577 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
You're fucking batty if you think he doesn't get picked in the first five picks.  I foresee the Titans drafting him.

Not going to happen for a few reasons.

1) He was exposed when he finally played a team with greater talent than his team had. Play in the ACC Breh...
2) He was a dipshit on the sideline, not a good look dude.
3) Rumors of his intelligence and ability to learn a playbook are already out there
4) This isn't your dad's NFL: Your character matters more than ever
5) Bust potential is too high. Not because of talent...because he might just be the next Manziel

The ONLY things he's got going for him are his athletic ability and the now cheaper draft deals.

If a team has to pick between a high quality LT that they can stick with for 10 years or Winston they are going to pick the tackle, every time.

Also LOL at you saying the Titan's will draft him, sure they will. Rams...MAYBE....Titans? Nah and too bad for him Carr seems like a fit in Oakland.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:30:09 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

« Reply #1578 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:56 PM »
Totally forgot that I'll be in Mexico (Cabo) for NFC/AFC Championship weekend. Guess I'll be hauling my jersey and a couple WA beers with me for the Hawks game.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1579 on: January 05, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »
Yea Jameis had a very questionable second year. He made plays when the team needed them (until Oregon) but had a lot of turnovers. BAD ones. I watched FSU a few times this year and it's amazing how he throws the ball away by hurling it into the middle of the field instead of out of bounds.

His intelligence...I hate seeing black QBs questioned in this manner but yea...dude is dumb. He's apparently a good student but his decision making is fucked. Hence the bad interceptions but he also doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the other QB responsibilities. His clock management in the Oregon game was horrible, forcing Jimbo to call a bad timeout.

I really think vets will react negatively to his personality. He better grow the fuck up, soon. The NFL isn't college. He won't have officials and a police department helping him.

Still think he's better than Mariotta though, pro wise.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1580 on: January 05, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
Still think he's better than Mariotta though, pro wise.

Agreed, Mariotta will require the right system to bring out his talent.

Could you imagine him on the fucking eagles? Jesus.

However, he's going to go to Tampa Bay or a worse situation and I don't think they'll be able to maximize his talent.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1581 on: January 05, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
Basically Mariotta won't be in the league in 4 years if he's not drafted by Philly.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1582 on: January 05, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
Basically Mariotta won't be in the league in 4 years if he's not drafted by Philly.

Teams were Mariotta will flourish

Philly
New England (Bill gonna Bill)
Chicago (with Shanahan)
Cleveland (Shanahan JR)

That's about it.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1583 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »
Shannahan

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1584 on: January 05, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
Shannahan

You're wrong. Look at RG3's year under Kyle when he wasn't gimped.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14875/robert-griffin

And no, I still don't want him in Cleveland.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1586 on: January 05, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »
Rich was obviously the one who was heartbroken the most the other day.  One of his best friends  :'(
püp

dkdk

« Reply #1587 on: January 05, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »

I pray we draft him. But I know better. Our franchise is too pussy to draft him.

Phoenix Dark

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1589 on: January 06, 2015, 08:48:16 AM »
If the 49ers hire Rex Ryan..... :noah  :snoop :dayum :bolo
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1591 on: January 06, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »
What a shocking twist!
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1592 on: January 06, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »
@Brody_IAKOW: Sources saying FSU officials are notifying NFL Scouts/GM's that Jameis Winston will return for another year at FSU
Wow...didn't see this coming. Dude loves college, to put it lightly.

If not for being the reigning champs I really don't think FSU would have gotten into the playoffs. Given that it'll be tough for them to get back to the playoffs. The ACC is weak.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1593 on: January 06, 2015, 04:06:08 PM »
Dude will probably end up being a late 1st/early 2nd round pick now. Don't see FSU competing seriously next season.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1594 on: January 06, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »
He'll be a first round pick. Tall QB who can make all the throws...someone will take him. I think it'll play out like Jake Locker's situation: he would have been a top 3 pick if he came out 2010, instead he went back to school for a disappointing senior year, analysts claimed he'd be a second round pick...then he went 8th in the 2011 draft.

I definitely agree FSU won't compete next year. The playoff committee kinda showed their hand this year, and while they were ultimately proven right on Baylor it's clear what the plan is: win the SEC/Big Ten/Pac 12 and you're in. FSU only got in since they were the defending champs. Big 12 would probably get a spot in the playoff if the right big name team won (ie Texas or Oklahoma). TCU deserved FSU's spot imo...

Expect conferences to look very different in the future.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1595 on: January 06, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »
Winston will be on a future "We can go back to college?" Dish TV commercial.
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1596 on: January 06, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »
I think 6 sounds perfect, personally.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1597 on: January 06, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

Agreed, although I do think 4 is fine. Top two teams would get a bye in a 6 team system, sounds good. A potential problem with 6 is that you could have multiple teams from one conference a lot easier than the current system, where winning a major conference pretty much gets you in.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1598 on: January 06, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
I like the idea of a 8 team playoff, so each of the five majors could get their champs in, and then there would still be 3 at-large bids.
©@©™

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1599 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »
64 teams on the exact same schedule as the Basketball tourney.  Sort out the pussies and the kids who can't take multiple concussions that way  :bolo
vin

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1600 on: January 06, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
if the NCAA can set aside three weeks to expand the playoff field to 6 teams, why wouldn't they just have 8?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1601 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »

Agreed, although I do think 4 is fine. Top two teams would get a bye in a 6 team system, sounds good. A potential problem with 6 is that you could have multiple teams from one conference a lot easier than the current system, where winning a major conference pretty much gets you in.

Problem with any scenario involving byes is how do you determine that? No thanks, not confident in the ability of anything the NCAA could come up with to do that. 8 teams, 5 champs in, 3 at large. Quit pretending like these guys are anything other than captive talent the schools/NCAA are milking for money. They're not students.
yar

Brehvolution

©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1604 on: January 08, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »
draft johnny football brehs

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1605 on: January 08, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »

Have Jerry Jones light as your team owner brehs.....no homo
YMMV

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1606 on: January 08, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
Yea, it's a real shit show. I guess the Browns fans have it coming after bitching about the corpse of Randy Lerner owning the team for so long.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1607 on: January 08, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »

Have Jerry Jones light as your team owner brehs.....no homo

Until Scott Walker starts showing up in the owner's box...
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1608 on: January 08, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Honestly I didn't notice Christie was in the box during the game. My head was literally in my hands at the end of the game, I didn't see the celebratory shot of him and Jerruh.  :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1609 on: January 10, 2015, 06:51:09 PM »
for the last three/four years the Ravens have had the Patriots' number.  Fuck the pats
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1610 on: January 10, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
goddamit
püp

El Babua

« Reply #1611 on: January 10, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
He looked so flabby n' sick early this season, I thought he was done.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1612 on: January 10, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Perfect TD throw by Wilson.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1614 on: January 10, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
At least Seattle will beat new England

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1615 on: January 10, 2015, 11:11:12 PM »
for the last three/four years the Ravens have had the Patriots' number.  Fuck the pats

:beli

:snoop
YMMV

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1616 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
I stick by it, fuck the pats
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1617 on: January 10, 2015, 11:41:50 PM »
Yea...I don't see anyone in the NFC who can beat Seattle right now.

« Reply #1618 on: January 11, 2015, 01:18:57 AM »
Watched the game at our house with three friendly Packers fans. Good game.

Go Hawks. I'll be in Mexico for the game next weekend, should be fun.
野球

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1619 on: January 11, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
Go Packers; Go Broncos
püp