Author Topic: Official NFL Thread: NFL Draft Weekend  (Read 300048 times)

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
Re: NFL Off Season - Tears For Fears
« Reply #1980 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:21 PM »
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12470099

Worst fleecing since herschel walker.  :rejoice

We turned it into Johnny football.  :snoop
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1981 on: March 12, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
Is it just me or has this offseason been crazier than normal?
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1982 on: March 12, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
Pretty sure it's the devil trying to tempt me to play fantasy again next year despite me hating the guys I played with last season. (Not the bore, my money league)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1983 on: March 12, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »
I think part of it is teams being in good financial standing, especially as we move farther and farther from the days of insane rookie contracts. Then you have teams in shitty standing like NO who had to trade an elite player because they couldn't pay him.

Or the Lions, who are strangled by three huge rookie contracts from the old days. Suh is gone but he's still 9mil of our cap in dead money.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1984 on: March 12, 2015, 08:13:32 PM »
I haven't really paid attention to the Falcons the past couple years other than shaking my head at dumb personnel moves and laughing at them when they lose, so I'm not sure if they're cap constrained, but it's disconcerting to see what by all estimations is a bad team literally do nothing so far.
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1985 on: March 13, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
Attn: NFL Fans

I will be a greeter at the Hall of Fame festivities this year (no doubt due to proximity) and will be attending the Aerosmith show (zzzz)

If you ever wanted to decipher who AiA is please watch/attend the event and see if you can spot waldo.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1986 on: March 14, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »

:neogaf

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1987 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1988 on: March 17, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »
Chris Borland is retiring? :shaq2 I really wanted to see a Bowman Borland duo in the middle. The Niners may as well move back to a 4-3 at this point.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1989 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »

#BlackExcellence

she fine as hell

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1990 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
:whew
vin

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1991 on: March 19, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »
Megatron with that black goddess, love it.

I really like that cat, I hope he has a great season. Met him once at a charity event, super down to earth guy. Glad I never had to check him on the post...:whew

Tip: He's already paying for her hair. Looks like a style my girl use to have, probably ran him about $250 bucks.  :hitler
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:43:16 AM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1992 on: March 19, 2015, 09:45:44 AM »
Seeing Megatron wearing purple in Baltimore tho :tocry

honestly as much as I'm a fan of him and my team...I kind of wish he was on the Patriots or something. Somewhere where he could win and possibly get a ring. Dude deserves it. The thought of this town wasting another elite superstar's career makes me want to vomit.

A lot of his injuries are due to Stafford's high, inaccurate passes. You can't lead your WRs into the middle of the field with bad passes, they'll get killed.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1993 on: March 19, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »
Seeing Megatron wearing purple in Baltimore tho :tocry

honestly as much as I'm a fan of him and my team...I kind of wish he was on the Patriots or something. Somewhere where he could win and possibly get a ring. Dude deserves it. The thought of this town wasting another elite superstar's career makes me want to vomit.

A lot of his injuries are due to Stafford's high, inaccurate passes. You can't lead your WRs into the middle of the field with bad passes, they'll get killed.

Imagine Megatron playing with Andrew Luck or Joe Flacco  :lawd

He's a genuine good dude too.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1994 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
Yea I've talked to people who have met or do business with him and all say he's a chill dude. I love how he's been mentoring and teaching our young WRs.

Dude was injured multiple times last season, missed a few games, and still surpassed 1k yards again. If someone steps up and can stretch the field, he'll really go off. Move the safeties back and Megatron and Tate will do Madden numbers. That's why fixing our o-line should be the priority imo. Yall know I'm no Stafford fan but he got sacked nearly 50 times last year. Remember how shitty Brady looked early last season due to bad o-line play?

Lombardi's offense revolves around deep drops and a WR stretching the field. Can't do that with a shitty o-line, and I think Lombardi takes an L for not adapting once it was obvious the line was weak. Fixing the line and everyone being more familiar with the offense SHOULD result in good things this year. If not, fire Lombardi and start looking for another QB.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1995 on: March 19, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Yea I've talked to people who have met or do business with him and all say he's a chill dude. I love how he's been mentoring and teaching our young WRs.

Dude was injured multiple times last season, missed a few games, and still surpassed 1k yards again. If someone steps up and can stretch the field, he'll really go off. Move the safeties back and Megatron and Tate will do Madden numbers. That's why fixing our o-line should be the priority imo. Yall know I'm no Stafford fan but he got sacked nearly 50 times last year. Remember how shitty Brady looked early last season due to bad o-line play?

Lombardi's offense revolves around deep drops and a WR stretching the field. Can't do that with a shitty o-line, and I think Lombardi takes an L for not adapting once it was obvious the line was weak. Fixing the line and everyone being more familiar with the offense SHOULD result in good things this year. If not, fire Lombardi and start looking for another QB.

Stafford isn't THAT bad. He isn't a Top 5 guy but he certainly resides in the top half of the league.

I believe at this point in his career Johnson needs to morph into a slant/skinny post/GL threat and let tate do the sideline work. There is no way anyone in the league can cover johnson on a slant.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1996 on: March 19, 2015, 11:47:58 AM »
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1997 on: March 21, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #1998 on: March 30, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »
http://deadspin.com/falcons-get-fined-lose-pick-fire-guy-named-roddy-whit-1694545934
The NFL puffed up its chest and released a punishment on a Monday morning, announcing that the Falcons would be fined $350,000 and docked a fifth-round draft pick in 2016 for pumping in crowd noise.

How did that work out for you?
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1999 on: March 30, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
http://deadspin.com/falcons-get-fined-lose-pick-fire-guy-named-roddy-whit-1694545934
The NFL puffed up its chest and released a punishment on a Monday morning, announcing that the Falcons would be fined $350,000 and docked a fifth-round draft pick in 2016 for pumping in crowd noise.

(Image removed from quote.)

What were they? 1-7 at home? lol

Dude the biggest myth in the world is that a dome stadium can create sound loud enough to disrupt a football team (that doesn't have a rookie C or QB), don't believe that NFL hype guys.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2000 on: March 30, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/ray_farmer_suspended_cleveland.html#incart_2box

So, NFL, how does suspending the general manager punish the on field product as per your "strict penalties?"

YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #2001 on: March 30, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

What were they? 1-7 at home? lol

Dude the biggest myth in the world is that a dome stadium can create sound loud enough to disrupt a football team (that doesn't have a rookie C or QB), don't believe that NFL hype guys.

No amount of crowd noise was going to help that defense.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2002 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »

Ha, I've said pretty much the same thing to my sons.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2003 on: April 03, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »

:ufup

:neogaf
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #2004 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:32 AM »
Interesting avatar choice, breh.  :holeup
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2005 on: April 03, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »
Interesting avatar choice, breh.  :holeup

:sheik

You either embrace the connect 4 or I embrace your face with my violent aggression.
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #2006 on: April 03, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
I just saw that thread and understand.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2007 on: April 04, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »
yar

dkdk

« Reply #2008 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
the new browns joints are kind of hard

Brehvolution

« Reply #2009 on: April 14, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »
I wish these guys would go back to wearing a cup instead of just going commando.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2010 on: April 15, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
Welp. Gotta say I'm surprised by the verdict- took them 36 hours of deliberation over 7 days, and the longer a jury deliberates the less likely they come back with a guilty verdict, generally speaking.

There's obviously no doubt that dude is complicit in this shooting and apparently a bunch of others, so fuck him. I guess that's just the kind of player Urban Meyer produces. :hitler

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-found-guilty-of-first-degree-murder-173924220.html
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2011 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
@CharlesRobinson

Jameis Winston scored 27 on his Wonderlic, 1 point less than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees & Russell Wilson (all w/ 28).
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/588152873650954241

There goes that narrative.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2012 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
@CharlesRobinson

Jameis Winston scored 27 on his Wonderlic, 1 point less than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees & Russell Wilson (all w/ 28).
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/588152873650954241

There goes that narrative.

Peyton Manning didn't stand up in a cafeteria and yell about vaginas, tho, which is what's really important to NFL owners
yar

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2013 on: April 15, 2015, 01:44:31 PM »
People might try to paint the Jameis hate as racial/cultural or whatever, but all those INTs during a shitty senior schedule should give any team pause. The whole picture just speaks to a guy that makes poor choices from time to time.

That being said, you still have to take him first.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2014 on: April 15, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »
Agreed, he threw some of the worst INTs I saw last year. I'm moreso annoyed by the constant attempts to paint him as some illiterate dullard. I remember when that fuckboy Alabama QB's mom questioned whether Jameis could speak English. Ironically Jameis is from Alabama, and clearly speaks like he's from Alabama, yet you rarely hear that type of criticism aimed at southern white players with heavy accents. Jameis did well in high school and college, he's not a dumbass. Not saying he's a genius either.

I don't think Jameis or Mariotta will be stars, but Jameis could be a decent starter eventually. Mariotta will be a complete bust IMO, I wouldn't take him in the first round unless I was the Eagles. I'm surprised NFL execs haven't realized those play action fuckery QBs aren't going to make it in the league, more often than not. RG3 is done, Kaep will be done after this season...only Russell Wilson pulls it off well, but he's a very hard worker.

Brehvolution

« Reply #2015 on: April 15, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
Kaep is an Adonis and should never be mentioned in the same breath as RG da Turd. Kaep's best days are ahead, breh.
©ZH

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2017 on: April 19, 2015, 11:12:28 PM »
I know Tebow is garbage, but I think it's unfair the treatment given to him after he left Denver.  He still should have pulled a Flutie and honed his craft in the CFL.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2018 on: April 19, 2015, 11:21:27 PM »
He could work in that system, if he has truly improved as a passer. If I was an Eagles fan I'd definitely rather take a shot on Tebow than give up draft picks to get Mariotta.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2019 on: April 22, 2015, 12:04:33 AM »
Schedules are out.
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/LIONS

Lions :kobeyuck :tocry

I'm seeing a 7-9 season fellas...

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2020 on: April 22, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
fuckin' steelers, lord
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2021 on: April 25, 2015, 11:48:55 PM »

no lies detected

dkdk

« Reply #2022 on: April 27, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »
damn i got beat 2 days ago to that post  :lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:39:25 PM by dkdk »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2023 on: April 27, 2015, 11:37:24 PM »

Cheddahz

« Reply #2024 on: April 29, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #2025 on: April 29, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2026 on: April 29, 2015, 03:31:04 PM »
fucking browns
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2027 on: April 30, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Damn...La'El went from a potential lottery pick to possibly being undrafted. The leak and reporting on this has been pathetic. The police are saying he's not a suspect in the murder of his ex (pregnant) gf but he's being questioned. Initially reports made it sound like he was a suspect.

If he truly is going to go undrafted I'd take a risk on him in the 6th or 7th round.

Brehvolution

« Reply #2028 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
It's nice to see the NFL shy away from criminals unless they are super fast, strong, and can help a team win a game.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2029 on: April 30, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
it's almost time brehs

how will we fuck up this year :tocry

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2030 on: April 30, 2015, 02:24:41 PM »
thats still my favorite comic   :lol
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2031 on: April 30, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »
:obama

solid pick for the Lions. Shoring up the OL was my #1 priority and they met it. And picked up another 5th round pick

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #2032 on: April 30, 2015, 11:43:45 PM »
It's nice to know that even though Uncle Al is dead the Raiders will still blow top draft picks on wide receivers.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2033 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:19 PM »
Dunno breh, Cooper is legit.

also
https://instagram.com/p/2H9nElhMWL/
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

gotta respect the troll game

« Reply #2034 on: May 01, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Danny Shelton was a student where I work. Amazing athlete and a great person. Hope he does well with the Browns.
野球

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2035 on: May 01, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
cooper is a great pick, even though I wanted williams from usc. cooper is a legit wr 1 and nfl ready

Brehvolution

« Reply #2036 on: May 01, 2015, 09:53:51 PM »
All these war rooms with 10-20 people in them and the Niners just have Baalke and Tomsula at 1 small table.  :lol
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2037 on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »
Read some Cowboys war room fanfic this morning:

The Cowboys used their standard selection process again this year:

The names of top prospects on their draft board, Jerry Jones’ favorite prospect and Stephen Jones’ favorite prospect were placed in a 10-gallon hat.

Jerry Jones drew a card, announced that his choice had been selected and tucked the card deep inside the breast pocket of his sportcoat.

Stephen grew suspicious and demanded to see the card.

Jerry reached into his coat and searched around real hard. His eyes grew very shifty, but he finally found the card. It had his prospect’s name. But it was written on the Jack of Hearts.

“Paw, I didn’t think it would come to this,” Stephen said, “again.” He drew two pearl-handled Colt revolvers and pointed them at Jerry.

“I taught you well, son,” Jerry said, slipping a derringer from his sleeve. “But not well enough.”

“We’ll have no gunfights in here, daddy and Ol’ Hoss,” Charlotte Jones Anderson said, slipping between them. “Why don’t we just draft Byron Jones, and I will have catering rustle you both up some more fried okra?”

The Jones boys lowered their pistols and agreed. The Cowboys drafted Byron Jones.

Jones was notified by Jones and Jones.

Jerry Jones will then give a lengthy press conference explaining how it was his decision all along.

Finally, Jason Garrett will be notified.

Feels pretty accurate.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2038 on: May 01, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »

:obama

I'm concerned about his fumbles but he improved last year. He fits the Lions perfectly: tough runner and is a really good catcher out of the backfield.

Lions will likely go DT in the third round. So far DTs are really falling, I'm guessing we'll get whoever we want. Hopefully Michael Bennett from OSU.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2039 on: May 01, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Re: Jameis/Mariota

I think it's an example how superior talent on a bad team gets elevated and superior talent on a good team gets overlooked.

Plus, I think Jameis fits better on Tampa Bay. He can chuck it deep and TB has two giant WR's to throw to.