Author Topic: THE FOOTBALL/SOCCER THREAD  (Read 179206 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: OFFICIAL FOOTBALL/SOCCER - GUNNERS V SPURS, DERBY DAY @ 12PM EST, SAT, NBCSN
« Reply #840 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »
Sterling is like 19, dude dont get tired

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Re: OFFICIAL FOOTBALL/SOCCER - GUNNERS V SPURS, DERBY DAY @ 12PM EST, SAT, NBCSN
« Reply #841 on: September 25, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
Liverpool have no sturridge tomorrow. ..

Game over lol.  Sterling played 120 minutes this week already.  Comfortable everton win imo

the secretary of defence shipped another three mid-week to swansea in the mickey mouse cup. add that to the 13 in five games in the prem.

for such a solid defensive team last year, the rate that they're having to scoop the ball out of their own net this season is pretty staggering.

Sausage

« Reply #842 on: September 25, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »
Dr. Suso's time to shine now.

Himu

« Reply #843 on: September 25, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »
someone explain why liverpool is doing 25 million for lallana
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #844 on: September 25, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
but WHY.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #845 on: September 25, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
anyone play the fifa 15 demo tho how is it whack
IYKYK

Sausage

« Reply #846 on: September 25, 2014, 06:02:50 PM »
Lallana was injured to start the year, and he had a decent game against Boro. 

Himu

« Reply #847 on: September 25, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »
gonna post crazy ass goals and yer gonna click em

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #849 on: September 25, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #850 on: September 25, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #851 on: September 27, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »
My picks:

Liverpool 2-1 Everton

I may even be dead pressed to make this 2-0. Both have something to prove, so I'll give a point to Everton. But given that they have conceded 13 goals so far in only five matches, I may push this to 3-1. Liverpool is looking a bit :kobeyuck in defense, while their front line is looking solid, with a decent 7 goals this season so far. Meanwhile, Everton has 11 goals under their belt. This will be a classic offense vs defense match up. Should make for a fun match.

Hull 2-1 Man City

Man City have  lost 5 of their last 21 away games. Hull has lost one match this season so far and in despite having three draws, both clubs' goals conceded and goals made are looking similar. I think Hull have an advantage here.

Sunderland 0-1 Swansea

This seems obvious to me. But maybe not. Both teams have the same goals against stat of 6. Can Sunderland gain some glory this weekend?

Crystal Palace 1-2 Leicester

Crystal Palace's offense is looking impressive this season so far, but with a 10 goals lost this season in five games, they don't look to be at an advantage here despite their 3-2 win over Everton last week. Look for Leicester to be on the rise. They drew with Arsenal, they beat Manchester United 5-3. Do not underestimate Leicester.

Chelsea 1-2 or draw Aston Villa

Chelsea is number one in the rankings but I doubt this will last long. Chelsea have lost four of their last sixteen away matches, and have already played a tiresome CL match earlier this week. Aston Villa, by comparison, have kept it nice and steady even with that loss against Arsenal. Despite having a paltry record of four goals in the first five matches of the season, they remain rank 3 and have only conceded the same amount of goals (4), and three of those were from Arsenal. Chelsea have conceded 7. Either Chelsea chokes, or they end up drawing. I don't see much of a win for Chelsea or confidence that they can break Aston Villa's iron defense.

Man United 1-3 West Ham

LOL. Manchester United lost 5-3 against a rising Leicester last week, and it was a deserved win for those guys. Despite this match being at Old Trafford, United have lost 8 of their last 21 home matches, where as West Ham is yet to suffer a loss on the road this season. United will be crushed.

Southampton 3-0 QPR

Southampton the shooting for the surprise club this year and I doubt the Rangers will make a dent on the Saint' halo. Expect Southampton to take Chelsea's number 1 ranking tomorrow.

Arsenal 2-2 Spurs

Arsenal is looking mighty flabby this season. Arsenal this season have three draws, especially against noticeably important clubs. 6 goals conceded, but an impressive 10 goals for.  However, the Spurs are also 6 goals conceded, and their 7 goals ain't shabby either. I can see this going two ways: a draw, or Arsenal winning. But which Arsenal will show up?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:47:40 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #852 on: September 27, 2014, 03:59:47 AM »
You mean Man U, right?

Can't wait to watch tomorrow. This season looks amazing so far. So many surprise contenders. Southampton, Aston Villa, in particular.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #853 on: September 27, 2014, 04:09:40 AM »
I've been told the eurogamer review sums up what's wrong with it pretty well:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-23-fifa-15-review

Also i literally just signed up for Origin but I can't be arsed to buy/download anything yet. It took me so many years to get to the point of having the service, now i don't want anything on it :dead

Good review
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #854 on: September 27, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
Yeah fifa still seems worth buying. Updated rosters, all them teams. It WILL catch you up to speed on a lot of shit. I say buy it, Esch
IYKYK

Sausage

« Reply #855 on: September 27, 2014, 09:41:16 AM »
Damn dropped two points because of that lucky strike.

Himu

« Reply #856 on: September 27, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
That one was always either going to be a draw or a Liverpool win. That Balotelli goal. :whew
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #857 on: September 27, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
Manchester United controlling the momentum nice and early here.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #858 on: September 27, 2014, 10:23:51 AM »
My United trolling seems to have gotten the best of my prediction today :(

Fucking van Persie and Rooney
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #859 on: September 27, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
Hull tied with man city :hitler
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #860 on: September 27, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
Fucking Hell :dead

vyelkin posted:
lol commentator described West Ham as a "strong athletic team"

You know that word had an actual meaning before trp decided it means black people or whatever the catchphrase of the month is, right?

:dead

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668028&pagenumber=11#post435471572
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #861 on: September 27, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
Need gif of van gaal mimicking a beaver
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #862 on: September 27, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
:leon

I underestimated chelsea.

This is going to be quiiiite the season.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #863 on: September 27, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
these man utd fans are cheering every successful block as if its a world cup final but i thought they were against west ham at home?

plucky underdogs man united have to take points wherever they can find them

We beat the mighty West Ham, the fear factor is back lads.

ffs west ham

you had one job

hanging on for dear life AT old trafford against west fucking ham, jesus christ united

:rofl
IYKYK

Timber

« Reply #864 on: September 27, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »
Really hope Southampton maintain this form for the rest of the season. Top 6 finish or winning the Mickey Mouse cup maybe.
w/e

Timber

« Reply #865 on: September 27, 2014, 05:58:25 PM »
ANOTHER POINT FOR MIGHTY EIBAR. BILBAO CRUSHED IN 0-0 VICTORY
w/e

Himu

« Reply #866 on: September 27, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
Southampton, ya'll. I'm telling ya! Goal of the weeeek!

I was right about the Arsenal and Spurs draw.

Pretty good game day. Predictions for tomorrow? :leon
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Re: OFFICIAL FOOTBALL/SOCCER - YOU HAD ONE JOB, WEST HAM
« Reply #867 on: September 27, 2014, 08:05:33 PM »
sorry mates. we were missing half of our midfield, one of which is our team's beating heart and the other is a beautiful galloping gazelle who just seems to absorb possession. still had a good run at it and united are lucky to come away with anything, let alone all three points.

put our full first XI vs. theirs and we'd have walked it. probably would've rather been up against blackett and smalling to be honest.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #868 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:05 PM »
In a way it's all good because this narrow win has gassed the fanbase all up again only to get decimated when they run into tottenham or everton.

Sorry for the loss. Sakho in particular dicked it up for you guys a couple times that i remember.

can't fault sakho, he's been a revelation. valencia wasted that chance after their first went in and sailed a free over the bar when our whole team were up for it, worried that's he's getting a case of green eye after seeing sakho bang them in.

aside from citeh away, we've got some soft fixtures coming up. if we can get through these without picking up any new injuries we should be in a good place when nobes and kouyate return.

Himu

« Reply #869 on: September 27, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
sorry mates. we were missing half of our midfield, one of which is our team's beating heart and the other is a beautiful galloping gazelle who just seems to absorb possession. still had a good run at it and united are lucky to come away with anything, let alone all three points.

put our full first XI vs. theirs and we'd have walked it. probably would've rather been up against blackett and smalling to be honest.

You guys still had a lot of momentum despite all of this. So good on you, sorry for the loss but you guys should be proud you came narrowly close to making everyone go :uguu in unison. Btw, that offsides goal? Beaut. Shame it was offsides.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #870 on: September 27, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »
Sitting with the wife and kids about to watch the Sacramento Republic play for the championship. Really it's been a magical season for us. Our first season, broke attendance records, coach of the year, and now the championship. Yeah it's only USLPRO but I'll take it.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #871 on: September 27, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »
At the half the republic is leading by a goal
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #872 on: September 28, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »
After a great game the Republic are now the USLPRO champions. It was really cool to watch.

As to MLS, well Sacramento has a seriously good bid for getting to be one of the 4 expansion teams that the MLS is trying to set up. I'd be shocked if we weren't one. We've only had one game that wasn't sold out.

One issue though is if we get to be an MLS team we'll probably have to bring in a new team to be able to play at the MLS level. But the issue with that is that Sacramento knows their players and loves their players. While the hunger for  futball at Sacramento is big I'd be sad to see the players replaced and I think much of the city would as well.
que

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #873 on: September 28, 2014, 02:56:59 AM »
Great atmosphere near the Emirates

View My Video

Himu

« Reply #874 on: September 28, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »

:rofl

SEPP BLADDER HIDES CORRUPTION

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/insight/article1464815.ece

:leon

Also 401 one goals for Messi. Here's every single one!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:52:58 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #875 on: September 28, 2014, 12:41:18 PM »
@Ronito: https://twitter.com/jonahfreedman/status/515702422438547456 :hitler

From now on I'm going to collect various articles on all the relevant leagues (including mls) from a series of sites Sundays and post them. I'll be posting articles, the best goals of the weekend, and podcasts. They will highlight and review all the most important news from the weekend to give a sense of cohesion so one doesn't have to scour the internet for the best of the best. Feel free to add!

Match Weekend Recap

News

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/09/soccer-tv-ratings-mls-epl-nbc-espn-formula-1-nbcsn/
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/27/wayne-rooney-louis-van-gaal-red-card
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/28/christopher-samba-banned-racist-abuse
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/28/chelsea-in-talks-twickenham-switch-stamford-bridge-redevelopment
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/27/tottenham-locate-weakness-lightweight-arsenal
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/27/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-return
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/26/talking-points-european-football-leagues-weekend
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2014/09/28/5139993/mourinho-costa-needs-15-days-to-recover?ICID=HP_BN_9
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2014/09/25/5131319/confident-orlando-city-enjoys-successful-first-day-of?ICID=SP_TS_9
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2014/09/26/5133729/ives-galarcep-red-bulls-surging-but-ccl-failure-exposes-weak?ICID=SP
http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/19/video/2058779
http://www.espnfc.us/club/new-england-revolution/189/video/2056631

Best goals

GOAL OF THE WEEKEND

PELLE v QPR

MODRIC v Villarreal

JIMINEZ'S FIRST GOAL FOR ATLETICO MADRID

RAKITIC v GRANADA

JERMAINE JOHNSON v SKC

IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #876 on: September 28, 2014, 12:49:58 PM »
I heard about the Chivas thing. Supposedly it happened way early before the sellout season. The commissioner was here like last week and it was crazy. He was greeted at the airport by dozens of fans and he said later that he's not seen anything like it. The fact that the team is owned by the guy who owns the kings now is probably gonna make this a shoe-in.  But I hope they don't do the Chivas thing.
que

Himu

« Reply #877 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
I doubt they will. Dynamo's name changed with a move to Houston.
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: THE FOOTBALL/SOCCER THREAD
« Reply #878 on: September 28, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »
They already went on record as saying the Chivas name is DOA, so no worries there.

Himu

« Reply #879 on: September 28, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »
Anyone catch the game tonight?
IYKYK

Sausage

« Reply #880 on: September 29, 2014, 01:05:41 AM »
They have to stop aping names from other leagues. Real Salt Lake? Fuck that.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #881 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
Nice shot was a great game from Feyenoord.

Himu

« Reply #882 on: September 29, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »
Fucking hell. That fox sports link made me think it was a fucking video game for a minute. I've never seen such angles during s soccer match intro. Goddamn. The pageantry, the face off of two rivals, the roaring crowd. Fucking soccer. :lawd
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #883 on: September 29, 2014, 02:23:09 PM »
Post classic old matches ITT

Where the fuck is Mandark? Let me pick her brain
IYKYK

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #884 on: September 29, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 (different game)

ipswich 4 Barnsley 2 (because ;) )

O=X

Himu

« Reply #885 on: September 29, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »
goal is great for previews and little else.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #886 on: September 30, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »
good series of posts :obama
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #887 on: September 30, 2014, 02:13:52 AM »
Baggio is a legend but not because of the world cup.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Pay special attention to the horrible commentary, real amateur stuff

Also game of the tournament:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:20:12 AM by Premium Lager »

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #888 on: September 30, 2014, 03:27:59 AM »
Just because it's been a while since i saw it....

O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #889 on: September 30, 2014, 03:38:23 AM »
On that note

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #890 on: September 30, 2014, 04:09:12 AM »
:dead

#t=36

Brazil Vs. Netherlands 1998 was also game of the tournament.

Also Brazil vs Netherlands 2010  ;)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #891 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:13 AM »
Kaka is getting 5.3 million us a year in the mls...

Ffs

Himu

« Reply #892 on: September 30, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
Kaka is getting 5.3 million us a year in the mls...

Ffs

It's worth it. Orlando doesn't have much in the way of sportsmanship options and their soccer market is booming and desperate. I've lived in orlando for five years. The place is shit. Soccer fans WANT MLS and when kaka came he was greeted by an INSANE crowd at his signing. This will not only help orlando soccer but Florida soccer in general.
IYKYK

Himu

Re: THE FOOTBALL/SOCCER THREAD - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE :punch
« Reply #893 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »
thanks for the link. miss zonal marking.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #894 on: September 30, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »
MANCHESTER CITY :rock :rock :rock

Kick that Italian ass.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #895 on: September 30, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
It's not going to help with injuries, either.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #896 on: September 30, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
The only matches Fox Sports is showing are Barca v PSG and City v Roma?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #897 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »
Mourinho is using Costa in CL? Quite a risk.

Expose PSG? Has PSG been noticeably great this CL season?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #898 on: September 30, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
Did you catch Men in Blazers last night? I also missed Match of the Day. :stahp
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #899 on: September 30, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
http://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/premier-league/men-blazers-dodgers-are-manchester-city-mlb

Someone baseballexplain.

good series of posts :obama

Thanks, soccer is one of my favorite things that I'm very knowledgeable about. Yet never had a good outlet for it online cause most community sites for it sucks. So yeah, I really like this thread.

that means a lot. :heartbeat
IYKYK