Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4862303 times)

Himu

That moss mascot is weird as fuck.

I mean, it's weird looking outside in and you don't know the joke and think it's just a coincidence. But I am actually fully grossed out after seeing that image.

It's algae.

(Image removed from quote.)

Marimo is green mold.

No, it's algae.  Wiki is your friend, himu.

Aegagropila linnaei, known as Marimo (毬藻?, literally "ball seaweed") in Japanese and as Cladophora ball, Lake ball, Mossimo or Moss Balls in English, is a species of filamentous green algae (Chlorophyta) found mostly in a number of lakes in the northern hemisphere. A marimo is a rare growth form of the species where the algae grow into large green balls with a velvety appearance. Colonies of such balls are only known to form in Iceland, Scotland, Japan, Estonia and now Australia

Mokkori is an erection.

His name says Marimokkori. It's a pun on both erection and green algae. It's on purpose.

And "mokkori" is the sound effect for something bulging, which is totally used for boners, yup.

Dammit I'm going full :expert here.

:badass

My bad.

Why does a children's mascot make reference to erections?? That's my point!
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
That moss mascot is weird as fuck.

I mean, it's weird looking outside in and you don't know the joke and think it's just a coincidence. But I am actually fully grossed out after seeing that image.

It's algae.

Marimo is green mold.

Mokkori is an erection.

His name says Marimokkori. It's a pun on both erection and green algae. It's on purpose.

pls understand

Himu

When I first saw the image I thought it was incidental.

"Haha that looks like a boner. Probably a coincidence."

Then I read the text and shuddered. :stahp

WHY JAPAN
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:expert
ど助平

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
When I first saw the image I thought it was incidental.

"Haha that looks like a boner. Probably a coincidence."

Then I read the text and shuddered. :stahp

WHY JAPAN

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Nobody is fucking in Japan, whether they're 5 years old or 25; they have to do something to save their population. Can't hate on them starting the sex PR early.
 :marimo

Himu

Also, algae isn't a form of mold?! :mindblown
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Algae = plant
Mold = fungus

studyguy

Oh it's Alge?
I thought it was a sea cucumber.
pause

Himu

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Algae = plant
Mold = fungus

I was totally gonna use :marimo for Algae and then find some LOL picture of Toad for fungus, but image searching led to a picture of Mario holding Toad down and Luigi unleashing a brown river on him.   :-\
ど助平

Himu

At least Luigi finally wins at something. :yeshrug

The best Mario brother deserves it.

#TeamLuigi
IYKYK

Jansen

The 17 year old and boyfriend stuff is dumb.

But it's just a drawing of a woman. Step away from all your connotations to other manga and think how normal it is for a picture of a human to be a mascot.
  :marimo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:15:29 PM by Jansen »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Even the illustration has a boner WTF :rofl

ど助平

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
japan was a mistake
bent

studyguy

:heh
They gave that dude pants lmao
pause

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
That airplane mascot doesn't look very structurally sound.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

Himu

Why  is it dressed like an elementary school gym teacher? :brazilcry
IYKYK

Himu

What's with the Masamune Date mascot?

Also those fish mascots are so cute! :uguu
IYKYK

FStop7

I remember reading something a few years back about Japanese women who got really into French stuff from a bunch of Japanese anime and then they'd go to France and it was nothing like what they expected and they ended up really depressed.

I need to see how France is portrayed in anime.  I really do.

Himu

I remember reading something a few years back about Japanese women who got really into French stuff from a bunch of Japanese anime and then they'd go to France and it was nothing like what they expected and they ended up really depressed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Granted, it's 19th-century France, but still...
dog

Himu

Life in France is exactly like this.

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

ど助平

helios

Might as well post Tequila Gundam and Windmill Gundam, too

bluemax

Oh it's Alge?
I thought it was a sea cucumber.

No this is Alge:

NO

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
About 170 people, mostly female divers, have signed a petition calling for the city to scrap the character, according to a tourism official in the coastal city of Shima 300km south of Tokyo.

typical western moralization

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175321821&postcount=288

Fuckin' otakus projecting their loli wankery onto japanese people once again.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095708

I feel like a dick but I get a small amount of schadenfreude from this.

Hope he can find something else, but yeesh...

But at least we got some nice insight into nintendos thought process.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175286352&postcount=9

Also, yes you're a dick about this.
ὕβρις

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
I got bored. Time to run this thing into the ground.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Literally rolling off someone's dick in my bed every morning :lawd

FTFY.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175335234&postcount=12

But let's say you are faced with a vile customer requesting something like this. Would you, as a manager, really pick that hill to die on? Or would you just say "fine", find an alternative driver, and get the customer out of your hair with a small accomdation.

Managers got fired bro because they let her bullshit sink in and discriminated at work as a result. Also lol at "small accomdation".

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Man, I get really busy and don't have time to check in for a few days and now there's a bunch of green smileys everywhere
 :what
que

thisismyusername

Literally rolling off someone's dick in my bed every morning :lawd

FTFY.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175336638&postcount=347

:comeon

Quick google search makes it apparent they're topless in wound up shorts or bikini bottoms.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Its always been strange to me how Japan's pop culture is enough for weebs to be infatuated with Japanese culture as a whole, while not knowing or understanding any of it and then speaking on behalf of the entire country.

Are there foreigners from other countries who love Scooby Doo and Mass Effect enough where they become infatuated with North America and downplay all of our negative shit?

simple: because it gives them erections and panders to their feckless fantasies
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

But let's say you are faced with a vile customer requesting something like this. Would you, as a manager, really pick that hill to die on? Or would you just say "fine", find an alternative driver, and get the customer out of your hair with a small accomdation.

Managers got fired bro because they let her bullshit sink in and discriminated at work as a result. Also lol at "small accomdation".

I like how "standing up for your employees against racist morons" is somehow a hill not worth dying on.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

I like how "standing up for your employees against racist morons" is somehow a hill not worth dying on.

Just a small accommodation to tell your employee not to bother doing their job, they'll send out whitey instead.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Quick google search makes it apparent they're topless in wound up shorts or bikini bottoms.

Apparently his familiarity with sartorial history is as bad as his skill at Persona 4 Arena.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Apparently his familiarity with sartorial history is as bad as his skill at Persona 4 Arena.

Fun fact: As recently as the 1960s, Japanese pearl divers wore only loincloths or shorts. Even the women.
dog

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175346307&postcount=366

congrats on pandering to people like this...

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
Unironically round otakus up into camps imho
bent

curly

• cultural maoist

Must have been a really quick google search because there's lots of pics of them also wearing the white outfit. Even the wiki page mentions it

Kara

U win this round Shouta, but I'll B back

Himu

I'm not sure if other countries place us on a pedestal like weebs do Glorious Nippon, but I'm sure they don't really have to because American media is so spread out globally that it's just normal and probably just whatever to most people living outside the States. I watched a J-drama and they sang Whitney Houston, whereas I doubt most (99%) of westerners know who the fuck Utada Hikaru is. Because over here, Japan feels like a foreign place and isn't dominant in the culture. It doesn't help that a lot of weeb circles are circle jerk-y as fuck. I'm pretty sure people obsessing about American culture probably happens, probably more than with weebs, too. Glorifying that place that isn't home is a part of the human condition.

Also, given that most American imports tend to be really big stuff like movies, I'm pretty sure the westaboo doesn't give a fuck about western cartoons like a weeb does with JP toons. I mean, The Simpsons doesn't even air in Japan, for instance. I'm pretty sure most westaboos are more into American movies or American video games more than our cartoons. Westaboo's like Kojima are a good example of this. When you consider that, westaboo-ism is probably common, at least in places like Japan.

It also helps that weeaboos are a global phenomenon, so not just America is on that Pocky and Ramu Botoru steez. As we've seen with the Japanese mascot discussion, Japan has always had a keen talent for creating memorable characters and stuff that takes over people's souls, even as far as their own folk tales. So a lot of people globally, especially the nerds, naturally get that Weeb Infection, especially in places like France.
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

Must have been a really quick google search because there's lots of pics of them also wearing the white outfit. Even the wiki page mentions it

The white outfit wasn't what they dove in and the ones I saw were down to their ankles and after they already got their pearls. Basically a fucking robe post dive.

Makes no sense that the shit depicted would be "diving gear."

Look at more recent stuff:

Makes sense tho, more prudish now because TITS OUT =O.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Also, given that most American imports tend to be really big stuff like movies, I'm pretty sure the westaboo doesn't give a fuck about western cartoons like a weeb does with JP toons.

:idont
dog

Himu

Kids all over the world love Spongebob Squarepants.

Anime fans watch niche of the niche, though. Unless it's something like DBZ or Sailor Moon of course, and we know how weebs treat those two shows "I watch real anime and not that mainstream garbage.". Ain't no Kill La Kill for instance, on par with Spongebob. Despite airing on Adult Swim. Find me a westaboo that catasses and watches Rick and Morty with a helping of The Critic and Heavy Metal.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I remember seeing an episode of Space Dandy that referenced Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos, that's pretty obscure.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:40:02 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

thisismyusername

Himu

I remember seeing an episode of Space Dandy that referenced Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos, that's pretty obscure.

Now the question is whether or not someone who is Japanese and knows about that is akin to someone who posts on gaf defending a busty animu mascot. I'm sure Japanese westaboos who watch western cartoons exist. The question is whether or not they are as delusional or insane as weeaboos.  :ohhh

We really need Oscar or someone like Bork who have lived in Japan to answer this. :obama
IYKYK

Kara

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Now the question is whether or not someone who is Japanese and knows about that is akin to someone who posts on gaf defending a busty animu mascot.

The westaboo equivalent of defending busty animu mascots is probably defending American imperialism. :goty
dog

Kara

A zillion years ago someone translated gaming discussion at 2ch which included Western gaming enthusiasts. It was uninteresting; e.g. they were hyped to play Oblivion.