Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4858395 times)

Himu

I have read 2ch and been visiting NicoNico for a few years now and I have never seen westaboo sentiment as iron clad as the weaboo-ism you find on forums.

Sure, there's a large fanbase of Japanese GTA fans but it's standard shit like any other person outside (or even living in) America would be excited about. I have read Japanese gaming fans lamenting the state of JP gaming before, and that they prefer western games, but that's not here nor there.

On the other hand, Neogaf and other weaboo sanctuaries have entire fanbases whose hobbies seem to revolve around jacking off to or defending them jacking off to Japanese underraged cartoon characters. I've never seen anyone on a Japanese website with an avatar of an underraged American cartoon character, like say, Melissa from Home Movies or Katara from The Last Airbender  that screams:

I JACK OFF TO THIS

Then you look at gaf and see this:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175346307&postcount=366
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:50:48 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

suppadoopa

We really need Oscar or someone like Bork who have lived in Japan to answer this. :obama

Westaboos are less deluded

source:
I've been to Japan 4 times.
2 of them were layovers in Narita airport so I'm an expert  :japancry

Himu

If someone finds a site with the above detailed, PLEASE LINK FOR COMEDY.

We really need Oscar or someone like Bork who have lived in Japan to answer this. :obama

Westaboos are less deluded

source:
I've been to Japan 4 times.
2 of them were layovers in Narita airport so I'm an expert  :japancry

Stories. Details. NAOW.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
The westaboo equivalent of defending busty animu mascots is probably defending American imperialism. :goty

:uguu

BrokenVerses

I have read 2ch and been visiting NicoNico for a few years now and I have never seen westaboo sentiment as iron clad as the weaboo-ism you find on forums.

Sure, there's a large fanbase of Japanese GTA fans but it's standard shit like any other person outside (or even living in) America would be excited about. I have read Japanese gaming fans lamenting the state of JP gaming before, and that they prefer western games, but that's not here nor there.

On the other hand, Neogaf and other weaboo sanctuaries have entire fanbases whose hobbies seem to revolve around jacking off to or defending them jacking off to Japanese underraged cartoon characters. I've never seen anyone on a Japanese website with an avatar of an underrated American cartoon character, like say, Melissa from Home Movies or Katara from The Last Airbender  that screams:

I JACK OFF TO THIS

(Image removed from quote.)

They just like cute girls doing cute things, there is nothing sexual about an avatar like this.

No siree!

Tasty

Literally rolling off someone's dick in my bed every morning :lawd

FTFY.

Lol I kick they asses out after we're done. Sleeping in my bed is a luxury reserved purely for me. :wag

suppadoopa

Stories. Details. NAOW.

My last visit there I was as at a united airlines club in Narita and there was some typical Japanese business man who was across from me.
I was watching that one movie that escapes my mind right now (django? staring Leo DiCaprio) and he came up to me and asked if he can watch it too since he likes all of Leo's movies.

Anyway during the course of the movie he asked me if living in the states was like what he was told by all the sailors and the muhrines stationed in America. The sailors apparently told him that America was a depressing place and the reason why they joined the Navy, etc was because there was a high chance they would be based in Japan cause it's a lot better. (I think he was talking to some sailor weebs)
Anyway the answer I told him was that it just depends where you live in America and pointed him out to the sane states (Illinois, NY, MA, CA, WA, HI. OR). Once I said Hawaii his face lit up and told me of his dream to move to Hawaii and start a "plantation"

My first visit there, I met some Japanese xbots at a vidya store who were excited for Gears of War 3

Himu

On the other hand, Neogaf and other weaboo sanctuaries have entire fanbases whose hobbies seem to revolve around jacking off to or defending them jacking off to Japanese underraged cartoon characters. I've never seen anyone on a Japanese website with an avatar of an underrated American cartoon character, like say, Melissa from Home Movies or Katara from The Last Airbender  that screams:

I JACK OFF TO THIS

They just like cute girls doing cute things, there is nothing sexual about an avatar like this.

No siree!

分かるください.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:34:53 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Once I said Hawaii his face lit up and told me of his dream to move to Hawaii and start a "plantation"

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but subjugating lesser races is a huge part of it."
dog

benjipwns

Dole Food Company Inc. has agreed to sell its worldwide packaged foods and Asia fresh produce businesses to Japanese trading house Itochu Corporation for $1.7 billion in cash.
:hitler

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Will we still invade countries on their behalf?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Will we still invade countries on their behalf?

Depends on how many politicians they got on the dole.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Now the question is whether or not someone who is Japanese and knows about that is akin to someone who posts on gaf defending a busty animu mascot.

The westaboo equivalent of defending busty animu mascots is probably defending American imperialism. :goty

Guess I'm a westaboo then. And heh, it is a several centuries old dragon by now.  :uguu
You'll find many people idealizing the whole american mystique of cowboys, rock, hell's angels, wilderness, self made men, freedom and al. But I think it is a bit different though, it is an image that I suspect the majority of americans would accept consciously. It is also intersped with the attraction that wealth and freedom exerts which translates in the huge immigration to North America and Europe. There's a lot of myth going on there but the myth has some nuggets of truth to back it up : Western countries are indeed wealthy, enjoy a larger array of freedom, are somewhat open to immigration (though this is going in a more closed position for quite some time) and they do believe that they are a bit more exceptional or enlightened.

Weeabos seems to focus on a very niche and narrow segment of the culture which, as far as I know, is not necessarily reflecting a Japanese self image held by the majority (some parts of it being scorned) and is much more routed in fantasy than any projected reality : people may idealize the US through John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, the Marlboro Man characters on screen but I don't think anyone do that via Sleeping Beauty or Pinocchio, irregardless of Disney's movies qualities.

TLDR : Weeabos love actual Japan much like they love their waifus.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:17:20 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
My first visit there, I met some Japanese xbots at a vidya store who were excited for Gears of War 3

Despite the X-box flopping three times there, there is a niche hardcore following for the brand there in regards to Halo and a few other shooters. It's not just all expats either. I've honestly been surprised that some Japanese gamers have been picking up some First Person Shooters like Call of Duty or Battlefield and even Grand Theft Auto to play.

benjipwns

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:52:45 AM by benjipwns »

nachobro

• Live Más
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1096002

These idiots can't even piss correctly  :snoop

Tasty

Spongebob used to be really good. But like most things still going after 5 years, it turned to shit.

Early seasons had some really great, subtle, absurdist humor.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I always enjoyed the Japanese contingent in pro Magic: the Gathering.

Cantrips are OP. :bow2

suppadoopa

I've honestly been surprised that some Japanese gamers have been picking up some First Person Shooters like Call of Duty

When BLOPS came out I waited a month later so i can
spoiler (click to show/hide)
import a dubbed version from Japan
[close]

SUJI WA NADESUKA MASON

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
I've honestly been surprised that some Japanese gamers have been picking up some First Person Shooters like Call of Duty

When BLOPS came out I waited a month later so i can
import a dubbed version from Japan
[close]

SUJI WA NADESUKA MASON

uguu riley-chan

jakefromstatefarm

First 3 seasons of spongebob are classic

Rest are garbage

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

No siree!

My problem with that avatar is how ugly the image quality looks in that resized state.   :yuck

I remember seeing an episode of Space Dandy that referenced Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos, that's pretty obscure.

Now the question is whether or not someone who is Japanese and knows about that is akin to someone who posts on gaf defending a busty animu mascot. I'm sure Japanese westaboos who watch western cartoons exist. The question is whether or not they are as delusional or insane as weeaboos.  :ohhh

Never seen a "westaboo."  What I can tell you is that your typical Japanese otaku is going to be quieter and keep to himself in real life than an American one.  I don't frequent Japanese boards so I have no idea about behavior, but just based on culture it's probably more like the people who like that shit all collectively fap and gush over whatever crap they like and there's less people condemning them for it or trolling them.

Another thing about that country is that it may seem like it's ANIMU EVERYWHERE~ but all the crazy shit is restricted to a few key areas in the country.  Not every place is Akihabara.  Your typical Japanese person doesn't give a fuck about cartoons just like your typical American doesn't care either. 
ど助平

Himu

The second point is pretty obvious to me. :yeshrug it'd be ridiculous to suggest otherwise
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
You mean it's not all kawaii desu desu?!! :brazilcry
que

Himu

Average westaboo seems like the Kojima type. Really big fan of American movies, actors, TV, music, and media in general. Dude made a game where the character looks like Snake Pliskin and the cover is a rip off of Terminator. Rarely talks about Japanese games on his Twitter, openly plays and worships specific  western franchises (notably GTA). Look at other westaboos like Swery, Suda, and (possibly) Mikami. Suppa's westaboo friend seems to be in the same boat.

More "RIONAADO DIKAPIRYO DA!!!!" and less "I was watching an American cartoon and did you know that "plan" means keikaku in Japanese? Me either. I'm learning more and more English every day" it seems.

So basically, weeaboos are still the worst of the worst. :heh

:stahp
[close]
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
So basically, weeaboos are still the worst of the worst. :heh

Nah, Japanese otaku are still the worst, since they're the ones directly funding loli-bait animu.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I know this gonna be earth-shattering, but there's no such thing as a "westaboo."  They're all otaku.  Same behavior; different from us.
:idont
ど助平

Himu

Have you heard of those Japanese dudes who wear blackface because they think they need to in order to fit in hip hop culture? :hitler
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Blackface?  No.

But there is this.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

studyguy

Not exclusive to Japan it seems. Westaboos, Mexiboos, Ameriboos, etcboos

Far East Eses
 :heh
pause

Himu

Far east eses :rofl

I find this shit utterly fascinating. Humans are amazing.
IYKYK

Himu

And I'm sorry but you CANNOT under any metric say this is worse than weaboos :rofl

Weeaboos lost :heh

:uguu  :uguu :uguu :uguu :uguu
IYKYK

Himu

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say it's pretty human and a natural part of our more globalized world. We can talk to someone around the world in seconds these days without any fuss, and we are exposed to such a diverse palette of world cultures and media these days it's almost impossible to avoid. As long as you're not proudly defending your masturbation habit towards little animated girls, I'd say you're good. :heh
IYKYK

Jansen

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175393572&postcount=14601
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175395339&postcount=14604

jesus christ someone get this fucker on The List. no shock that they defended holybaikal's "honor"

Kara

Be a westaboo, weeaboo and all sorts of boos, brehs :fbm

At least you're not a ghost. Yet.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Remember that haunted by ketchup apartment ? Seems like the OP hasn't logged in a month. GAF conclusion ? He must be dead.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175391157
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Comparing Christina to Britney like that. How dare they defile Christina in such a manner!
que

Tasty

Christina is trash. I don't even know what she does. Music? Eating muffins? Don't know.

Jansen

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175393572&postcount=14601
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175395339&postcount=14604

jesus christ someone get this fucker on The List. no shock that they defended holybaikal's "honor"

Fate-kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya is one of the best things I have ever seen, bar none; it has absolutely everything I would ever look for in a series, cutes, amazing mahou shoujo action, a great and simple story (which gets more complex next season), a cast that invokes only <3, performance from seiyuu that leave you breathless, the scenes are all amazing. I honestly loved every nanosecond I watched Prisma Illya, every single nanosecond and I am so glad I watched it to begin with.

OVA: The kissing, the grinding, the animation and noises, the intense passion, Illya x Chloe, oh my gao, that was too good, that was just way too freaking good, so good, perfection!!!! One of the best things ever, simply put. ~~ <3 <3 <3 <3 ~~

Himu

xtina > britney
IYKYK

king of the internet

• 🚽
xtina > britney

They're both washed up.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
How could a loli anime series be complex?

"I actually hate Rholona because Pronocorp killed my angel parents to appease Ludox. I'm not a kid lesbian anymore, I'm now in love with Krix, a boy, and I will die for the Red angels!"
OH!

Himu

xtina > britney

They're both washed up.

Point me to a pop star that still has long term longevity in this modern era? Justin Timberlake is relevant but boring as fuck. Same for Beyonce for the most part. The only constant is Mariah. :smug
IYKYK

Tasty

Not even two years ago:

175 million views

Three months ago:

105 million views and climbing

Pisstina and Moronah stay losing. :pacspit

Himu

A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something
Nov 20, 2013
:jawalrus
IYKYK

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
Xtincta only gets features. Say Something isn't a Xtincta song.
reckt

Himu

That's your opinion. :jawalrus
IYKYK

Tasty

LOL at Mariah being relevent to anything but the hobo down at the bus stop. Last vid with more than 30 million views was two years ago. Literally anything else with more than 9 mil views is from 5-6 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MariahCareyVEVO/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=p

"Mariah is relevant"

Tasty

That's your opinion. :jawalrus

Uh, no, it's fact. Just like the fact that Xtina should go back to popping out kids instead of performing.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
How could a loli anime series be complex?

"I actually hate Rholona because Pronocorp killed my angel parents to appease Ludox. I'm not a kid lesbian anymore, I'm now in love with Krix, a boy, and I will die for the Red angels!"

Prisma Illya is trash, nowhere near as good as Madoka Magicka.
dog

Himu

But

but

:brazilcry

Christina had better songs! Britney has nothing on Genie in a Bottle or Beautiful.
IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
xtincta

:heh
bent

Tasty

But

but

:brazilcry

Christina had better songs! Britney has nothing on Genie in a Bottle or Beautiful.

I can kinda sympathize. Britney Jean was the first album she actually co-wrote every song for and it didn't light up the charts. :goty2 And in Perfume she shows she has an amazing voice and doesn't need any kind of processing and it only got 26 mil views.

The masses are just cretins. :goty2

Tasty