Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4977052 times)

fizzel

Boiling water > Neogaf.com

Putting your face into the warm embrace of hot steam :lawd

I used to have croup a lot as a kid, my mother used to bring out the kettle and waft the steam into my face to ease the nightmare of that horrible fucking shit. Reading your post sent tingles down my spine as I can remember that steam smell like it was yesterday.

Mums are the best.

Himu

:heartbeat awwwww that post is so sweet.
IYKYK

hampster

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859513

...be autistic, brehs

He should write this for a move that deserves it, like John Carter of Mars :bow2
Zzz

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122326831&postcount=115

:beli

holy shit at "if they can handle the violence/horror".

these were people who grew up during world war 2.
If they're 70 they saw about 0% of wwII

Speaking of which, I wonder if I'll be able to get away with claiming I witnessed WWII when I'm 70. I'd imagine 16-32 year olds will be dumb enough to buy it.

fizzel

You have been banned for the following reason:
Don't mock a person's appearance or demeanor (Matt Lees). It's crass and shits up threads. Post about the topic or don't post at all.

Date the ban will be lifted: 08-07-2014, 12:00 AM

I'm a fan of his.  :lol

Cultural barrier brehs, Northern monkey is a term of endearment. (I am one for a start)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Don't mock a person's appearance or demeanor (Matt Lees). It's crass and shits up threads. Post about the topic or don't post at all.

Cultural barrier brehs, Northern monkey is a term of endearment. (I am one for a start)

link breh

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
The mod who banned you must've been an easily offended southern fairy.  :hitler

/pretending to be a Brit

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122245639&postcount=144 ?

that might actually be the most nothing ban i've ever seen.

is it gaf policy that any attempt at levity has to be made strictly within the thread_topic military compound, or does the offending mod just live a pathologically colourless existence which is laser focused on maximizing the offence taken in any possible scenario?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
He does have stupid fucking hair though. Like, you can't pull off that hair and then do the standard nerd from the internet thing where you just wear medium size graphic t-shirts all the time.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
steve, you're going to have to run me through this one as it's legitimately a cunt's ban. i don't think there's any area of english life where the north/south divide isn't fair play for banter.

why not just put a huge fucking disclaimer that gaf is a utilitarian communication zone and any attempts at humour should be executed with extreme caution.

fizzel

Aye, that's it.

I got caught in the blanket nuking, to be fair it probably looks really bad to someone not from here, especially in the midst of a ton of seemingly nasty posts.

As for matts hair, well...I'd probably try something similar purely because you can get away with it in major cities like London. You see I come from a shithole northern town, trying anything like that here is a guaranteed ass whooping.  :lol

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
As for matts hair, well...I'd probably try something similar purely because you can get away with it in major cities like London. You see I come from a shithole northern town, trying anything like that here is a guaranteed ass whooping.  :lol

It's why I keep my public displays of faggotry to when I'm in central Manchester
bent

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Aye, that's it.

I got caught in the blanket nuking, to be fair it probably looks really bad to someone not from here, especially in the midst of a ton of seemingly nasty posts.

they were storing their mean spirited rockets next to your elementary school of harmless national banter.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Never seen this one before.  :lol

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Is GAF Watchman Momo? :teehee

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
If so  :dead

steve, you're going to have to run me through this one as it's legitimately a cunt's ban. i don't think there's any area of english life where the north/south divide isn't fair play for banter.

why not just put a huge fucking disclaimer that gaf is a utilitarian communication zone and any attempts at humour should be executed with extreme caution.

I have no idea what you're talking about, honestly. If this is some sort of thread about Euro culture/politics, then I never go anywhere near those. Further, I've been off work this week and mostly spending time with my son. So I'm not really on top of GAF moderation things right now. But as far as I can tell, this was just a sweep to suss out people that were being jerks in regards to commenting on the appearance of some guy in a (Dark Souls?) video instead of talking about the content. I didn't read the thread as I don't care about Dark Souls. But it didn't seem abnormal in terms of a sweep for jerk-ish posts.

Tasty

i believe what tasty meat is trying to say is that your burn does not reach the threshold of spergdom that he, an advanced pokemon trainer, resides within. Hence the dismissal of 'weaksauce', a peer-appropriate slang term designed to draw a comparison to a typically tomato-based spicy condiment that is lacking in flavor or scoville units (the heat scale by which capsaicin-containing sauces are diluted until undetectable by an individual). I will say that I am not a fan of the scoville measurement's popularity, as it is both subjective and error-prone. While more costly, individuals should rely on high performance liquid chromatography, where the substances are dried and the capsaicin molecule is extracted and measured objectively.

:hitler

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

Sorry benji, I can't click on a link with praxeology in the URL.
You're really missing out on some great web design then: http://praxeology.net/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Typical professor self-made website. Especially the part where half the links don't work.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:39:16 PM by benjipwns »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Legit Esch, that site is amazing. It makes Marxists.org look like Soylent's website.

Also I'm glad libertarians are so freedom loving that left libertarianism apparently covers a gamut of nonsense (left-Rothbardianism???). Y'all make Trots look like tankies.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
He needs to get some free-market web design up in that bitch.  :holeup

©@©™

Tasty

Capsule Credo:
The libertarians are right about economics and politics.
The Greek philosophers are right about everything else.

Pure, unadulterated cac shit in its most concentrated form.

Yeah cause the non-cacs figured everything out well enough :hitler

Kara

I feel like Marcus after Neroon did a number on him. :fbm

benjipwns

benjipwns

Also I'm glad libertarians are so freedom loving that left libertarianism apparently covers a gamut of nonsense (left-Rothbardianism???). Y'all make Trots look like tankies.
Look what else is there to do other than "SPLITTERS!" over and over?

Obtain power?  :heh

Is that a good show? I liked DS9 a bit.
Ya, though it gets wonky towards the end cause of network stuff. JMS claims DS9 ripped him off intentionally or use to.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:52:57 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

Not "left-libertarian" but another good site: http://www.friesian.com/
http://www.friesian.com/ross/
Note on Viewing and Printing These Pages

Still using Netscape? No Problem! Your browser will need to be pretty old to have any difficulties with the code at this site. There are no Flash graphics here at all and no pop-ups that are not initiated by a prompt. If you experience such things happening, you are already infected from some other source, not this site.

Articles at this site are posted with a black on white (or light colored) format. Some pages, however, like this homepage and the index pages, have white print on a black background, and some readers may find these hard to read. Others will experience difficulty attempting to print out such pages from the screen, since with some browsers the white type prints out as blank pages. Others do not and automatically correct for white fonts.

These problems previously could be overcome in the web browser Netscape by opening the "Preferences" entry in the "Edit" menu: The "Category" tree will contain an "Appearance" entry, under which is "Colors." Unfortunately, Netscape has now been retired in favor of other browsers, such as Firefox. I have not decided yet if this is an improvement. There were features of Netscape that I liked better than Internet Explorer, but recently some of those had been lost, apparently in an attempt to be more like Explorer. Internet Explorer and other browers make their own provisions for overriding the format of the document.

One can also increase the readability of any webpage, with any colors, by changing to a larger type font. These pages are formatted for a 640x480 screen (with some exceptions) with 12 point type. Expanding to an 800x600 (or larger) screen will both leave many empty spaces on some pages and make the type look relatively smaller. On larger screens, a larger type, such as 16 point, may be appropriate. In Netscape, the font controls were on the same menus as the color controls, and almost any size of type could be selected. In Firefox, font size is under "Content" in the "Options..." section of the "Tools" menu. In Internet Explorer, a relative "text size" can be selected from the "View" menu. It is suggested that the window used for the web browser not be expanded to the whole screen, but adjusted in size to suit the layout of the page being viewed. Some pages have "optimum window width" bars as a guide to this, as shown below.

Over the years I have stayed at hotels where Web access was available through televisions in the guests' rooms. In each case (in hotels as far apart as Flagstaff, Arizona, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and London, England) the screen was fixed at 640x480 pixels with a large type face that could not be reset. Users should be cautioned that this will cause some images and text to overlap and be obscured, with no remedy. Hotels with web browsing provisions might have employed more flexible systems; but more recently I have seen a decline in the provision of web access through hotel entertainment, perhaps because people with such an interest bring their own laptops or smartphones and prefer using wireless or hotel plug-in web access. This eliminates the difficulties I used to encounter with web access through the hotel room televisions.

It is clear to me now that the
Republic no longer functions.
Queen Amidala [Natalie Portman, Star Wars, The Phantom Menace, 1999]
http://www.friesian.com/quiz.htm

http://www.friesian.com/presiden.htm

Kara

Seasons 1-4 of B5 take a big dump on DS9 if you ignore the CGI, but the existence of season 5 and Crusade and some ill-advised made for TV movies brings it below DS9 as a whole.

benjipwns

Eurgh, I hate those political affinity square charts :kobeyuck
I love this one because of the attempt at adding a z-axis.  :lol

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
The charts will never tell you that one pet issue or bigotry that someone just has.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
http://www.reddit.com/r/NeoGAF/comments/2bjnyc/okay_this_has_gotten_out_of_hand_update_on/

:heh

http://www.reddit.com/r/NeoGAF/comments/2bjvck/to_those_who_just_got_banned_or_need_a_new_home/

:usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry , basically.

"MUH FREESPEECH! I CAN'T CALL PEOPLE feggits ON REDDIT NOW!?"

I played Pokemon black and white 2 and it was one of the most boring RPGs I've ever played. I lasted only ten hours. Prior to that, the only Pokemon I played was Blue, which to be fair, lasted a whole year of Pokemon playing when it came out. Of course, I was in middle school and the target demographic but that's none of my business.

*sips tea*

To be fair: B/W 2 is a pretty weak entry. Double-so if you've played B/W before it. The only good thing Gen 5 brought was Scrafty and the TM reusable change.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
I like that semantic paragraph about "should" or whatever to try to cover their ass about that ridiculous comment.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
Northern Monkeys
Southern Shandy Drinking Fairies
etc etc.

It's all common north/south divide stuff and little more than banter.

I dunno why, but whenever i think of "the North" and the attitude i remember the time me and my ex-gf's family went to see a match in Liverpool

Kid asks "Pound to watch your car mate" as we parked up , leaving the brothers huge dog in the back.

"it's alright - there's a dog in the car"

Kid : (without blinking) "Can a dog put out a fire?"

.... genius. Easiest quid he earned that day, the frigging Northern Monkey.

(I am a northerner, just in case there was any doubt)
O=X

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
When I think Northerner, I think coal miner.
When I think Southerner, I think utter, utter, insufferable ponce.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon

haha, well, it's not entirely true obviously - but yeah - i'm from a coal mining town.
O=X

Kara

Look what else is there to do other than "SPLITTERS!" over and over?

Obtain power?  :heh

I'll start Leninist-Libertarianism and establish a dictatorship of the voluntaryiat.

benjipwns

We do need a vanguard party to lead the people to doing nothing.

benjipwns

There was this guy who used to pop-in on a libertarian forum every so often a few years ago and explain how libertarianism is actually a "totalitarian fascist ideology" that imposes a dictatorship that bans people from collectively deciding that others do things they should be doing.

His solution was a single party global democracy that allowed everything but gay rights and UN-run health care to be decided by a one country one vote legislature. But until then it was important to vote straight ticket Democrat to keep the "Christian Taliban" out of power.

People are weird.

I love it.

Himu

IYKYK

benjipwns

I can see how the non-aggression principle could be a non-starter for you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:53:15 AM by benjipwns »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

and scousers are fair game for anyone.

so sign on
sign on
with a pen
in your hand
you'll never work again
you'll never work again

Dennis

It should be mandatory to use GAF names and avatars on here.

I don't know who any of you people are.

Knowing your GAF handles would save me the time to judge you all over again.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860962

Do you ever pretend that you hear voices just for fun?

parallax

no

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

What's GAF?
nat

Dennis

What's GAF?

That place with that guy you owe $50

Dennis

no

Boss Doggie, is that you?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Sometimes I grind Suikoden CDs into a fine powder and snort them off Tasty Meat's supple bare chest.

That's not you?

Oh wait, that's Andy's fantasy...
[close]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122434384&postcount=20

:what

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Teenager for sure.

parallax

no

Boss Doggie, is that you?

it shouldnt be that obvious, but i guess it is

king of the internet

• 🚽

No offense but now that you're here maybe it should be mandatory that we don't

Himu

I am Segata Sanshiro. And sometimes I watch Himuro snort Suikoden CDs on Andrex's chest.
IYKYK