Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4863736 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Nexus of hardcore salt, enthusiast shitposting, & videogame industry un-persons
« Reply #17400 on: November 30, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »
:bow Post-Racial Europe :bow2
©@©™

helios

Re: Nexus of hardcore salt, enthusiast shitposting, & videogame industry un-persons
« Reply #17401 on: November 30, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
Obama's Europe

kick51

« Reply #17402 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »
shhhh, nobody tell americans about gypsys

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #17403 on: November 30, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
Haven't you ever wanted to be a part of a social circle can't relate to?

You don't sound very progressive, Ronito. Bad dog.  :wag
The elite social circle of white people pretending to be black nerds  :zzz

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #17404 on: November 30, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
i don't understand this nerd culture thread at all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941980

seems like a stupid/superficial attitude to carry around :yeshrug

I don't think it's that dumb of an attitude to have. When big money creeps their way into formerly 'underground' things, a lot of what made those people love said things in the first place get watered down to appeal more to the masses. Happens all the time in music, at least.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #17405 on: November 30, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
shhhh, nobody tell americans about gypsys

Oh don't worry, we know all about them.

Jenny Calendar :noah

meeb

« Reply #17406 on: November 30, 2014, 07:33:53 PM »
If you were magically transported to 1830, would you think that all the white people of that time were just evil by nature?

I guess your perspective on this would probably be colored by how you were treated, huh? Like maybe if a family were to invite you into their home, host you as a guest, break bread with you, help you find your bearings...how would you be able to ignore their humanity and kindness?

OTOH if you're any race other than Caucasian you would be locked in chains and forced to lay rails west for the rest of your life 

OTOH if you're a woman you would be married off against your will

OTOH if you're gay you would be tarred and feathered in the streets

Evil? I mean, it's all in the way you categorize things. Have some empathy brehs

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heh
[close]

A lot of perfectly nice and moral people would have owned slaves were they born several hundred years ago. People didn't magically develop more moral brains over time. He isn't wrong in pointing out that people are largely the product of the time they live in.

Michael Moaner

« Reply #17407 on: November 30, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »
I dont know who DreamDrop is, but holy shit that guy is a mess  :lol :lol :lol

« Reply #17408 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »
ahahah yeah there are no racists in europe or the UK

oh wait that guy's brown better call him a paki

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #17410 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »
Somebody tell that guy to shut the fuck up, please.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #17411 on: November 30, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »

I don't think it's that dumb of an attitude to have. When big money creeps their way into formerly 'underground' things, a lot of what made those people love said things in the first place get watered down to appeal more to the masses. Happens all the time in music, at least.

Be proud to be a negative equation in the formula of life, brehs

:snoop
YMMV

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17413 on: November 30, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
Somebody tell that guy to shut the fuck up, please.
Sorry, you're going to have to be more specific.
The pedo guy? The pedo sympathizer guy, or the white guy in the BCT (cause that'd apparently be like more than half of the BCT)
que

Tasty

« Reply #17415 on: November 30, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »

Be proud to be a negative equation in the formula of life, brehs

:snoop

Die for Darkseid, brehs

« Reply #17416 on: November 30, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
A lot of perfectly nice and moral people would have owned slaves were they born several hundred years ago.

lmao

Quote from: meeb
People didn't magically develop more moral brains over time. He isn't wrong in pointing out that people are largely the product of the time they live in.

You're totally right. They didn't develop more moral brains over time. Which is why there have been people speaking out against slavery, general discrimination, and attitudes supporting them since, idk, the dawn of mankind. It's just really easy to ignore human rights when the alternative is literally free labor and sexual domination.

If you owned another fucking human being you were an asshole. Period.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #17417 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
I would buy slaves tbh, but only white slaves tho.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #17419 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41:32 AM »
any chick that got on top of that nicca would crush him with her debilitating weight.
reckt

El Babua

« Reply #17420 on: December 01, 2014, 12:44:02 AM »

The idea of having white slaves was considered despicable and inhumane to them. #inherently

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17421 on: December 01, 2014, 12:55:16 AM »
any chick that got on top of that nicca would crush him with her debilitating weight.

I was more laughing at how out of place it was, but that works as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140985529&postcount=13739

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140988397&postcount=13744

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140987575&postcount=13743

PastyDave letting his true color show  :hitler
everyone knows dave's only black friend is the vita :hitler

22 likes, this could be a record. Congrats, mac. :lol

Hot, hardcore, wigsnatching from the shadows. I love it.

nudemacusers

« Reply #17422 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:04 AM »
:brazilcry :tocry

i like smoky, only reason i'd cross the pond  :tauntaun
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #17423 on: December 01, 2014, 01:29:37 AM »
It's too late to cop pleas now.
😈

nudemacusers

« Reply #17424 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:37 AM »
you burn the ones you love.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #17425 on: December 01, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »
don't worry esch you're at the top of my travel destinations :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #17426 on: December 01, 2014, 01:47:31 AM »
I told y'all he was tricksy, I told y'all he was false.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #17427 on: December 01, 2014, 01:59:34 AM »
Trusting UK niccas on race :heh

:hitler
reckt

« Reply #17428 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:19 AM »

The idea of having white slaves was considered despicable and inhumane to them. #inherently

*Did not apply to the Irish.

Yulwei

« Reply #17429 on: December 01, 2014, 05:28:51 AM »
the entirety of Europe is racist as fuck

« Reply #17430 on: December 01, 2014, 06:46:47 AM »
There is such a thing as less racist. I agree that racism is racism, but less racism is still less racism. Racism comes down to savage, closed-minded behaviour, and the fact remains that the more civilized a country is, the less savage behaviour there is. There's nothing controversial about that. I understand that if I say less racism it may imply that it's acceptable somehow, but I know it isn't. It still means less racism is better. What else does a statement like "racist as fuck" mean but "more racist than usual"??

See, you're doing that European thing again. This place is no less racist than anywhere I lived in America. It's a different form, largely hidden behind what country you're from, but it exists. People here also bitch about immigrants and then deride America for its immigration policies. Americans have owned the fact that they're still overcoming racism, Europeans, GENERALLY, act like what they do isn't racism, but logic. Having lived in both, I can say there are pockets of America that are racist as hell, but large swaths that aren't. I don't know how you're quantifying more or less racist, but I don't see a large difference. Save for the fact that very, very, very, few Americans will ever say the country doesn't have a race issue. That's less prevalent here.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17431 on: December 01, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141090109&postcount=15

On the other hand, this might just be Glenn Beck pretending to be swedish

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #17432 on: December 01, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »
I told y'all he was tricksy, I told y'all he was false.

YMMV

kick51

« Reply #17433 on: December 01, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=141069934#post141069934

the responses on gaming side to huelen's pizza hut thanksgiving dinner are much different than when he posted it in OT

and that thread is sad. 

:hans1 NO I'M PLAYING DESTINY JUST SIT HERE AND WATCH :hans1

« Reply #17434 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
There is such a thing as less racist. I agree that racism is racism, but less racism is still less racism. Racism comes down to savage, closed-minded behaviour, and the fact remains that the more civilized a country is, the less savage behaviour there is. There's nothing controversial about that. I understand that if I say less racism it may imply that it's acceptable somehow, but I know it isn't. It still means less racism is better. What else does a statement like "racist as fuck" mean but "more racist than usual"??

See, you're doing that European thing again. This place is no less racist than anywhere I lived in America. It's a different form, largely hidden behind what country you're from, but it exists. People here also bitch about immigrants and then deride America for its immigration policies. Americans have owned the fact that they're still overcoming racism, Europeans, GENERALLY, act like what they do isn't racism, but logic. Having lived in both, I can say there are pockets of America that are racist as hell, but large swaths that aren't. I don't know how you're quantifying more or less racist, but I don't see a large difference. Save for the fact that very, very, very, few Americans will ever say the country doesn't have a race issue. That's less prevalent here.

Aren't you in Bavaria tho

I've been browsing GAF almost daily for over a decade. I thought I was obsessed until I saw all y'all post obsessively about that forum. But anyways. I was wondering, what are the merits of GAF? I

What are the merits of crack?

« Reply #17435 on: December 01, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Oh right, some people actually go there for Gaming...

kick51

« Reply #17436 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »
I've been browsing GAF almost daily for over a decade. I thought I was obsessed until I saw all y'all post obsessively about that forum. But anyways. I was wondering, what are the merits of GAF? I just go there for the gaming news and maybe some funny meme shit in OT.
I was wondering if anyone was interested in another forum that was like GAF (industry news, off-topic section) but with competent moderators. As for me, I'm not so sure. Unless it's a huge source of news, like when developers and industry people themselves would post on that forum, much how it used to be on GAF.

The merit of GAF is up-to-the-second game news, the OPs for those threads with details.  I try not to read past the OPs, but well, here I am.  And I also usually can't resist OT side schadenfreude either.  I guess some people can make friends over the internet and network or whatever, I've never done that though.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17437 on: December 01, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »
Terrisus is in every fucking thread posting bullshit. What the fuck.
nat

sarslip

« Reply #17438 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »

"What the fuck" would be a question,  e.g., "What the fuck?" 

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #17439 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »

Gaf really really needs to limit this idiot to like max 10 posts a day.
YMMV

Rahxephon91

« Reply #17440 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »

the responses on gaming side to huelen's pizza hut thanksgiving dinner are much different than when he posted it in OT

and that thread is sad. 

:hans1 NO I'M PLAYING DESTINY JUST SIT HERE AND WATCH :hans1
That is one disgusting looking pizza. Pizza Hut is garbage. Why is Hulen such a special fellow? Why do people give him a pat on the back?

sarslip

« Reply #17441 on: December 01, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »

and that thread is sad. 

NO I'M PLAYING DESTINY JUST SIT HERE AND WATCH
That is one disgusting looking pizza. Pizza Hut is garbage. Why is Hulen such a special fellow? Why do people give him a pat on the back?

i'm sorry, you eat that shit by choice, i wouldn't normally condone getting food at Boston Market, but this is a rare exception.

Himu

« Reply #17442 on: December 01, 2014, 10:02:59 AM »
Don't Canadians also do the less racist thing?

To be honest, it's hard to get mad at Europeans when they typically have the gun laws to stop police from killing civilians or people get out of being charged for the murder of black teens. So they've got a point. I'd rather be called a monkey than have to fear for my life just because I'm going out at night.

Honestly, the American side of this always comes off as some inferiority complex where Americans - especially people who typically do not have to even go through living in America as a colored person - can't admit that their crappy countries entire history is one made up of blood, slavery, stealing, greed, abuse of power, and racism. So they have to point fingers at Europeans while ignoring the fact that police gunned down a 12 year old black boy the other day because he had a fake gun and yet the general populace is trying to justify it. Every place in the world is racist. No shit Europe is racist. Stop trying bounce off the criticisms of your shitty country by pointing fingers to show that "see? They're racist too!" But not before you shoot a black anime cosplayer six times in the back because he's got a replica sword.

Shut the fuck up Americans, and admit your country sucks.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #17443 on: December 01, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
He did'nt even get it at Pizza Hut. He got it from Target.

« Reply #17444 on: December 01, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
The worst thing about defending Europe or Germany in particular from racism accusations is that whenever I try to, some German idiot inevitably barges in and proves the other side right to the point where I have to rethink whether I'm totally clueless about the situation.

The current wave of German racists seem to be all about separating them into "good Ausländers" and "leeching scum", especially after a widely publicized recent report on how immigrants have a net positive effect on the German social security system. Bavarians are especially good at this thing, which is why I'm trying to give WW shit about it :-/

That being said, for all the shit Germans get on this matter, we seem to actually be doing pretty well. We're currently getting one third of every immigrant in the EU, second most immigrants in the world after the US, more than 20% of the population are first or second generation immigrants, and yet they're integrated fairly well. Almost 60 percent of recent immigrants, and almost 70 percent overall are employed. (German article for those interested: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/migration-deutschland-laut-oecd-fast-so-wichtig-wie-usa-a-1005912.html). Very few major anti-immigrant incidents or policy proposals too, which several neighboring countries can't claim...

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #17445 on: December 01, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
It's just all tribalism. 'Us vs Them' is rampant in all aspects of people. From the way you speak, the way you think,  the way you dress, to what technology you buy and on and on. It's just that skin color is the easiest one to participate in because it's out in the open.

The roots of it are all the same and nobody is really ever free from it's influence.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17446 on: December 01, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »
:fbm
You know it's true.

If you have a eastern-/non-european name you're writing a lot more job applications than someone with a 'normal' name, given equal qualifications. You're automatically more suspect if you're conspicuously foreign in some way, be it skin colour, facial features or certain types of clothing. Police have defended racial profiling in drug searches. Gypsys are personae non gratae, Muslims in general are "incompatible with our culture", reactionary and isolationist parties are on the rise...

Otherwise though, what Milch said. Could be worse.

« Reply #17447 on: December 01, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »
I just realized "one third of every immigrant" is a very unfortunate way of mixing up expressions.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #17448 on: December 01, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
Very few major anti-immigrant incidents or policy proposals too, which several neighboring countries can't claim...

In Germany it's about quality, not quantity. For example, the NSU murders.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #17449 on: December 01, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

To be honest, it's hard to get mad at Europeans when they typically have the gun laws to stop police from killing civilians or people get out of being charged for the murder of black teens. So they've got a point. I'd rather be called a monkey than have to fear for my life just because I'm going out at night.

Honestly, the American side of this always comes off as some inferiority complex where Americans - especially people who typically do not have to even go through living in America as a colored person - can't admit that their crappy countries entire history is one made up of blood, slavery, stealing, greed, abuse of power, and racism. So they have to point fingers at Europeans while ignoring the fact that police gunned down a 12 year old black boy the other day because he had a fake gun and yet the general populace is trying to justify it. Every place in the world is racist. No shit Europe is racist. Stop trying bounce off the criticisms of your shitty country by pointing fingers to show that "see? They're racist too!" But not before you shoot a black anime cosplayer six times in the back because he's got a replica sword.

"I'd rather deal with this form of racism than that form of racism"  :comeon

Brehette, the whole point is that its all bad and theres no point in superiority/inferiority from either side

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17450 on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »
Very few major anti-immigrant incidents or policy proposals too, which several neighboring countries can't claim...
In Germany it's about quality, not quantity. For example, the NSU murders.
And the suspicious as fuck resonse from the authorities on that case in particular. East Germany reeks of appeasement, too.

kick51

« Reply #17451 on: December 01, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

but it's always foreigners and americans themselves starting that shit on gaf.  Maybe there's some random douches who are seriously trying to deflect and being patriotic, but most people going "america fuck yeah" are obviously ironic.  then the foreigners say the irony is actually not irony and that the person being ironic actually believes it.

Most people on gaf have to be well aware of america's problems considering every thread is about that.  The actual shame of it is that nobody gets past talking about it on the internet to do some actual, real life activism.  You don't see threads discussing the logistics of actual protests throughout the country, inviting people to come.  There's no Activism-gaf.  It's just a bunch of ego strokers going for that +1 domination....via words on the internet.

Tasty

« Reply #17452 on: December 01, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »

>.>

Himu

« Reply #17453 on: December 01, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

Brehette, the whole point is that its all bad and theres no point in superiority/inferiority from either side

It's all bad?

Are you fucking CRAZY?

Painting all racism as the same shit is ludicrous. Surely, a reasonably thinking person will agree that the loss of human life is worse than being called a monkey?
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #17454 on: December 01, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

It's all bad?

Are you fucking CRAZY?

Painting all racism as the same shit is ludicrous. Surely, a reasonably thinking person will agree that the loss of human life is worse than being called a monkey?

A sane person wouldn't want either to happen but I'll let you cook because I refuse to treat this as some sort of contest.

Himu

« Reply #17455 on: December 01, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »

but it's always foreigners and americans themselves starting that shit on gaf.  Maybe there's some random douches who are seriously trying to deflect and being patriotic, but most people going "america fuck yeah" are obviously ironic.  then the foreigners say the irony is actually not irony and that the person being ironic actually believes it.

Most people on gaf have to be well aware of america's problems considering every thread is about that.  The actual shame of it is that nobody gets past talking about it on the internet to do some actual, real life activism.  You don't see threads discussing the logistics of actual protests throughout the country, inviting people to come.  There's no Activism-gaf.  It's just a bunch of ego strokers going for that +1 domination....via words on the internet.

Activism organization on the net in general is dog shit.

For all the information there is on the Internet, and all the protests going around the country, there's very little focus and organization. The protests just happen. It's not a planned "we'll be here, meet us at ______" and you have to cross your fingers anyone is actually there, at least in Houston. The other day I protested in front of Houston pd and there was no one there, so it's not a gaf thing at all.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #17456 on: December 01, 2014, 11:29:15 AM »

It's all bad?

Are you fucking CRAZY?

A sane person wouldn't want either to happen but I'll let you cook because I refuse to treat this as some sort of contest.

I've never said that the racism Europeans engage in is good.

And your argument comes off as Gamergate-esque what about both sides bullshit, sorry.
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #17457 on: December 01, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »

It's all bad?

Are you fucking CRAZY?

I've never said that the racism Europeans engage in is good.

And your argument comes off as Gamergate-esque what about both sides bullshit, sorry.

Whatever you say Himu

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17458 on: December 01, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »
There is a sizable percentage of the American public that would gladly support deporting 11 million people back to Mexico and Central America.

Does that kind of sentiment exist in a lot of European countries? I have no idea, so this is an honest question.
I have the distinct impression that it's a growing number. Limiting immigration would net you more support. I have no idea whatsoever about how big either of those numbers are.

« Reply #17459 on: December 01, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »

>.>

make a chrome extension that changes every instance of >.> to "i guess i'm a worthless piece of shit with nothing to contribute." so at least he'll be honest when he posts.