Author Topic: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥  (Read 55092 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥ Analogue Pocket preorders start 8/3!
« Reply #360 on: October 08, 2020, 10:48:45 AM »
Ok, well you know I'm good for it

Dude came back and said it's fake, that the Gameboy Advance lettering is incorrect. He's not very good at identifying the real thing.

I need to open this up so I can get a picture of the board just to prove I'm not trying to sell bootleg stuff, but then you can buy the games if you want them. Otherwise I'm happy to keep them.

Can't believe a resetera user is a clueless idiot!   :doge
ど助平

« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2020, 10:58:47 AM »

Dude came back and said it's fake, that the Gameboy Advance lettering is incorrect. He's not very good at identifying the real thing.

I need to open this up so I can get a picture of the board just to prove I'm not trying to sell bootleg stuff, but then you can buy the games if you want them. Otherwise I'm happy to keep them.

It was pretty funny how he was trying to school me on how it was fake. Very much an asocial mansplaining jumble of fragmented sentences. I got a clear shot of the board with the white Nintendo lettering and sent it to him along with "it's real. your loss, dude."

I own a launch GBA and I have 6 games for it. Clearly I'm a Bootleg Mastermind! Muwahahahahahaha. Ha.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #362 on: October 08, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
I had some pretty dumb interactions with people on Era when selling some stuff off a year or two ago.  If they messaged that they wanted the item and wanted to negotiate on the price a little, OK.  If it was anything else like what you described, I just told them no and put the stuff on eBay instead.
ど助平

« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
I had some pretty dumb interactions with people on Era when selling some stuff off a year or two ago.  If they messaged that they wanted the item and wanted to negotiate on the price a little, OK.  If it was anything else like what you described, I just told them no and put the stuff on eBay instead.

I think the guy just sucks at human interaction. I mean, if you're curious about it maybe ask for some more pictures or something, don't just go "yo man your Circle of the Moon is real but Harmony is a repro" and double and triple down on your idiocy when I come back with research and asking questions why you think it's fake.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2020, 12:26:05 PM »
Well if anybody else is selling theirs I might be interested

Also looking for order of ecclesia, heard its good

Probably my favorite of the 6 GBA/DS CV games... the challenge level hearkens back to the pre-SOTN CV games (i.e. it's not sleepwalking through rectangular rooms like some of the other GBA/DS games), and some of the optional areas near the end of the game are quite devious.

Yeah im a big fan of the GBA games but never played any of the DS ones

I looked on Ebay and saw one going for like 78 euro's so I might try to grab that
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2020, 12:27:24 PM »

It was pretty funny how he was trying to school me on how it was fake. Very much an asocial mansplaining jumble of fragmented sentences. I got a clear shot of the board with the white Nintendo lettering and sent it to him along with "it's real. your loss, dude."

I own a launch GBA and I have 6 games for it. Clearly I'm a Bootleg Mastermind! Muwahahahahahaha. Ha.

Give it some love man, put a backlit LCD in that baby
What

« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2020, 02:22:22 PM »
I did play a little Gunstar Super Heroes yesterday. Forgot how fun that game is.

I've got:
Kingdom Hearts CoM
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
Super Mario Advance (SMB2)
Mario Kart
Gunstar Super Heroes

I also found my OG Gameboy and all the games. That's been fun to look through.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:36:27 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Himu

« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »
Gundam, I will buy your GBA Vania games off you and Kingdom Hearts: CoM.

Dude in college stole my Aria.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 03:41:11 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2020, 03:38:20 PM »
So much better than the Game Gear. Kids called me nuts for preferring Game Boy over Game Gear despite having a Game Gear at the time but not a GB.  Wario Land :rejoice Donkey Kong Land :rejoice Pokemon Blue :rejoice WarioWare :rejoice Aria of Sorrow :rejoice

I agree with you, but to be fair, Wario Land and DKL are the only games that came out during the Game Gear's lifespan- Pokemon was a few years later and WarioWare and AoS were on a different platform.

The Game Gear did have some pretty solid games, but just didn't have the third party support that Nintendo snapped up during the time. 

But then in '96 the Nomad came out and holy shit portable Genesis was awesome.

This is a game boy thread, which hints it encompasses all gameboy brands and systems. Game Gear sucked even when it competed with the Game Boy.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #369 on: October 08, 2020, 04:44:12 PM »
So much better than the Game Gear. Kids called me nuts for preferring Game Boy over Game Gear despite having a Game Gear at the time but not a GB.  Wario Land :rejoice Donkey Kong Land :rejoice Pokemon Blue :rejoice WarioWare :rejoice Aria of Sorrow :rejoice

I agree with you, but to be fair, Wario Land and DKL are the only games that came out during the Game Gear's lifespan- Pokemon was a few years later and WarioWare and AoS were on a different platform.

The Game Gear did have some pretty solid games, but just didn't have the third party support that Nintendo snapped up during the time. 

This is a game boy thread, which hints it encompasses all gameboy brands and systems. Game Gear sucked even when it competed with the Game Boy.

And again, I agree that Gameboy is better, but the Game Gear did not suck (its battery life sure did though lolol) and had some good games, including some games that the Gameboy didn't have anything like available.  If you wanted to play a kart racer back in the 90s, Sonic Drift 2 on Game Gear was pretty good.  We had to wait for the GBA with Mario Kart Super Circuit before the GB had anything.

90s handhelds:

Gameboy?  Awesome. 
Game Gear?  Pretty good.
Turbo Express?  Great for its time.
Nomad?  Fuck yeah, awesome.
NeoGeo Pocket/Color?  LOVED IT.

Lynx...?
 :girlaff

Now that was a shitty system.

And then there's the game.com, which is so bad that it doesn't even deserve a place on any list. 
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
The worst thing about game gear is that it was less of a portable than the switch.  I had one for about two days before I realized it wasn’t worth playing without being plugged into a wall outlet.

Meanwhile, there’s probably a gameboy out there still running on its original set of AA’s.

Himu

« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2020, 11:17:19 AM »
Nah, game gear sucked. I had so many sonic games on it and all were unplayable trash besides Triple Trouble. The first level of Sonic 2 was unplayable due to the screen resolution being too small so you couldn't see in front of  you.

I checked to see if I was just bad at the game, but no. The game sucks ass.

Being a Sega kid sucked ass. I was free when I got my Game Boy in 1995 :rejoice And free for life when I got my Playstation. I don't recall ever touching my Game Gear ever again once I got my Game Boy.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2020, 11:59:13 AM »

And again, I agree that Gameboy is better, but the Game Gear did not suck (its battery life sure did though lolol) and had some good games, including some games that the Gameboy didn't have anything like available.  If you wanted to play a kart racer back in the 90s, Sonic Drift 2 on Game Gear was pretty good.  We had to wait for the GBA with Mario Kart Super Circuit before the GB had anything.

90s handhelds:

Gameboy?  Awesome. 
Game Gear?  Pretty good.
Turbo Express?  Great for its time.
Nomad?  Fuck yeah, awesome.
NeoGeo Pocket/Color?  LOVED IT.

Lynx...?
 :girlaff

Now that was a shitty system.

And then there's the game.com, which is so bad that it doesn't even deserve a place on any list.
SNK vs. Capcom on Neo Geo Pocket was fucking incredible.  Having a portable Neo Turf Masters was the cherry on top.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
I'm not too familiar with the Lynx but Roadblasters and Chip's Challenge were pretty fun. There's also California Games which was massively popular back in the day into but personally, I never particularly cared for those early western computer games which were just a collection of minigames with confusing controls - see, Winter/Summer/California Games, Skate or Die, Defender of the Crown.

Never played much of the NGPC but I liked the joystick. The Wonderswan is another handheld that eluded me, though before the GBA came out I was enamored with the FFI and II (and the SaGa 1, which sadly never got a GBA port) remakes.

How about the Game Park 32? Anyone own one? I remember reading a huge review on insertcredit.com wayyyy back in the day and I became obsessed with wanting one for a few weeks. Astonisha Story looked cool (then got a PSP port that got a US release, turns out the game wasn't that good). I thought the novelty of a Korean-developed system was neat. Though soon after the DS and PSP came out (PSP especially looking lightyears ahead from a tech perspective) and I quietly forgot about GP32.

Game Gear though, had some nice titles:
Sylvan Tale - my favorite game on the system, an action RPG where you can transform into different creatures. There's a full translation patch. Highly recommended play for anyone who likes oldskool action RPGs and is interested in trying out the GG.

Shining Force - there were 3 of them though only one of them came to the US. I think there are translations for the others though.

Defenders of Oasis - a traditional turn-based RPG with a unique Middle Eastern theme and great music.

Shinobi I and II - I hear so much praise for these games but regrettably never played.

Ax Battler - if Golden Axe Warrior was a Zelda 1 clone, this is a Zelda 2 clone. It's worth a try, though no where near the level of Zelda 2.

Dragon Crystal - this was the first roguelike I've ever played. The genre has probably been done much better nowadays (I'm not really into the genre personally) but it's probably one of the earliest portable roguelikes and one of the first Japanese-developed roguelikes to get released over here in the states.
^_^

« Reply #374 on: October 09, 2020, 01:00:34 PM »
I have a Neo Geo Pocket color, but I let my aunt borrow it years ago. I'm sure she'd give it back if I asked. Cool little system.

Every time I go to Japan I mean to find a Wonderswan, but then I forget. I'd love to play all the crappy Gundam games and there are some exclusive Super Robot Wars games, including the only appearance of Escaflowne in the series.
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #375 on: October 09, 2020, 03:12:58 PM »
retronauts has done a few episodes on the lynx recently and it looks pretty decent. graphics were extremely nice for the time, and it looked like it had a decent niche going for software, with some nice arcade ports. i never knew much about the system but it looks alright for what it was.
pcp

« Reply #376 on: October 09, 2020, 04:05:07 PM »
I knew a kid growing up who had a Lynx and the TG16 portable. Those things were beasts, but ultimately both got their asses kicked by the Gameboy.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #377 on: October 09, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
retronauts has done a few episodes on the lynx recently and it looks pretty decent. graphics were extremely nice for the time, and it looked like it had a decent niche going for software, with some nice arcade ports. i never knew much about the system but it looks alright for what it was.

Lynx was pretty technically advanced for the time, it was done by the guys who also did the Amiga, and had in-hardware scaling. I think it was technically more powerful than even the Game Gear. Just it ate batteries like there was no tomorrow. Game Sack has a nice look at the system:

^_^

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #378 on: October 09, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
wow i completely forgot there was a tg16 mini
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #379 on: October 09, 2020, 09:56:30 PM »
SNK vs. Capcom on Neo Geo Pocket was fucking incredible.  Having a portable Neo Turf Masters was the cherry on top.

:bow MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM :bow2

Was just so blown away by that game.  Hell, you were there- you remember it!  :lol  I imported it with expensive overnight Saturday delivery from NCSX- before it arrived, an ad for the NGPC came on TV with footage of the game.  I lost my damn mind impatiently waiting for it after that. 

Never played much of the NGPC but I liked the joystick. The Wonderswan is another handheld that eluded me, though before the GBA came out I was enamored with the FFI and II (and the SaGa 1, which sadly never got a GBA port) remakes.

Had a Wonderswan Crystal and a Color for a bit.  The big draw for me was having a portable Guilty Gear with Petite...

...and it SUCKED.  Shitty controls.  Really hard to do anything.  They released GG Petite 2 later on that was much, much better at least, but then Guilty Gear Advance came out on the GBA and was much better so it didn't matter.  That game did have an original character, Fanny, who never made it to the other GG games. 

The Wonderswan didn't really seem to be that great for a lot of scrolling (or more action-intensive) games.  The screen blur was worse than the O.G. Gameboy, IMO.  The big draw were the Square games, and once they started releasing stuff on the Gameboy Advance, the system was dead.

How about the Game Park 32? Anyone own one? I remember reading a huge review on insertcredit.com wayyyy back in the day and I became obsessed with wanting one for a few weeks. Astonisha Story looked cool (then got a PSP port that got a US release, turns out the game wasn't that good). I thought the novelty of a Korean-developed system was neat. Though soon after the DS and PSP came out (PSP especially looking lightyears ahead from a tech perspective) and I quietly forgot about GP32.

Wanted one back then, but never got one.  Someone brought one into the game shop Svejk and I worked at and it wasn't quite as impressive as I was lead to believe at the time, but still seemed kinda cool. 

Game Gear though, had some nice titles:
Sylvan Tale - my favorite game on the system, an action RPG where you can transform into different creatures. There's a full translation patch. Highly recommended play for anyone who likes oldskool action RPGs and is interested in trying out the GG.

Shining Force - there were 3 of them though only one of them came to the US. I think there are translations for the others though.

Defenders of Oasis - a traditional turn-based RPG with a unique Middle Eastern theme and great music.

Shinobi I and II - I hear so much praise for these games but regrettably never played.

Ax Battler - if Golden Axe Warrior was a Zelda 1 clone, this is a Zelda 2 clone. It's worth a try, though no where near the level of Zelda 2.

Dragon Crystal - this was the first roguelike I've ever played. The genre has probably been done much better nowadays (I'm not really into the genre personally) but it's probably one of the earliest portable roguelikes and one of the first Japanese-developed roguelikes to get released over here in the states.

Game Gear definitely had some good games!  With me being all into fighting games, especially back then, I was completely blown away by the Fatal Fury Special port Takara did.  It looked great and played really well.  Too bad they kinda messed up with Samurai Shodown.  Wasn't big on the Sonic games it had, but Ristar was really nice and I played a LOT of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Pac-Attack.

It had a pretty shitty screen and most of the arcade ports I played were pretty crappy.  They just didn't have the third party support and a lot of shitty first-party games from the time I spent with the system.  Didn't keep it for very long.  I did think portable STUN Runner was cool, though.

I love how they claimed stuff like this was "16-bit and just like the arcade."

:doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2020, 09:52:55 AM »
Fatal Fury Special was my most played Game Gear game easily. Hard as shit.

I was in high school when N-Gage came out and one of my friends bought it. We made fun of him. :lol
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »
The weirdest thing about the N-Gage is it got an apparently terrible port of Xanadu Next by Falcom. I'll be honest, back before that game was announced for an English PC release, I was slightly curious about the system and that particular port - this was around the time I got my Duo to play Ys and thus I was starting to get heavily into Falcom at a time when English releases of their games were scant. Luckily, X-SEED stepped in and actually brought over Xanadu Next for the PC some 10 years later (amazing game btw).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:42:31 PM by tiesto »
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »
SIDE-TALKING!!

http://www.sidetalking.com/original/

:exxy

Hey, that last guy looks familiar! :thinking
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »
Guys, be quick. i just ordered the normal version

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitmap_books/status/1318907340863787008
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Tasty

« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2020, 12:11:41 PM »
:heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat GB Studio :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat

Speaking of, the beta for GB Studio 2.0 includes a dedicated platformer mode, and I'm using it to make my own game. :science

I finished all the designs for this literally 10 years ago, but this time I'm pretty sure I'll finish it... Look for a demo soon. 👀 And the final game before the end of the year. 👀 👀

Also I didn't get a Analogue Pocket preorder but I still think I'll end up with one someday.

Tasty

Tasty

Re: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥
« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2021, 04:23:31 PM »

:drool

"Still a little while off yet" :maf

Tasty

« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2021, 10:34:20 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2021, 07:23:29 PM »
My GBC shell also got here! :D

https://www.etsy.com/listing/910100241/gay-pride-flag-gameboy-color-shell-diy

No idea when I'll be able to do something it it but I didn't want this specific shell to disappear like the DMG one I wanted a few years back.

🏳️‍🌈

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2021, 07:46:36 PM »
Just found a beautiful copy of a game I've wanted for a long time. Paid up the ass for it but still a bit less than I've seen it go in good condition (and I had some extra money going around). Will share pics!
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2021, 03:25:10 PM »
So, picked up a Game Boy grail of mine... an absolutely striking copy of Great Greed, a game I've been wanting for a while. Also picked up Saturn Bomberman, which I got for a good deal (probably not the best idea to have 10 people over to play this game nowadays :P)

^_^

Shuri

« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2021, 04:06:30 PM »
I said wow out loud   :lol

Tasty

« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2021, 10:39:20 PM »
Cancelled Game Boy Color game Infinity to be completed and released

A Game Boy Color game that was cancelled before it was finished is to be completed and released as a physical cartridge.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2021, 03:21:14 PM »
Just bought a DMG IPS screen from AliExpress

cant wait for this fucking badboy to come in

:whew :whew :whew

I sold all of my Pokemon games tho 🤷🏼‍♂️ fuck it I have no real nostalgia for Pokemon anyway, im all about The Smurfs and Asterix and Temple of Ra
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:27:19 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Tasty

« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2021, 01:18:22 PM »
That looks fucking sick. :o

Shame about your Poke carts :'(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2021, 12:38:53 PM »

:mindblown
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:43:46 PM by MMaRsu »
What

archnemesis

« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2021, 02:49:30 PM »
I wonder how many batteries you need to mine a full bitcoin.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: March 31, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »
I wonder how many batteries you need to mine a full bitcoin.

Some guy in the comments said he's gonna try a full rig with the maker of the vid together, says he has a lot of GB's hooked up together  :brain
What

Himu

« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
Damn. I was a miserable, depressed person in the early pages of this thread.

Game Boy owns.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »
GB RIPS V4 screen is in omggggg

might start work on it tonight???????????
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »
Oh wait I already posted that  :lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2021, 04:52:00 PM »
Just bought a DMG IPS screen from AliExpress

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

cant wait for this fucking badboy to come in

:whew :whew :whew

I sold all of my Pokemon games tho 🤷🏼‍♂️ fuck it I have no real nostalgia for Pokemon anyway, im all about The Smurfs and Asterix and Temple of Ra
Yet, is that a Charmander Pez dispenser I spy? :thinking
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2021, 06:07:26 PM »
Oh well those are not my pics
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »
Bruhs I have the worst luck a very very small tiny piece of the converter board attached to the IPS display appears to have come off during shipment 😂 Obviously not gonna try putting it together noe, I messaged the seller and hopefully I can get a replacement converter board. Nothing else is broken, just the tiniest small black piece of the converter board has come off. Goddamnit 😂

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2021, 04:22:32 AM »
Received a replacement converter board!

Should be good to go this afternoon!!!!  :D :D :D
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #408 on: April 20, 2021, 07:21:18 AM »
Succes!

What

Tasty

« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2021, 08:15:12 AM »
That look SO CRISP :lawd :mouf :delicious

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2021, 08:29:18 AM »
It really is and the options wheel is a nice touch, where you can either just use preset colors or change any of the colors yourself.

Besides that it was such an easy install. I had a spare DMG with a broken screen laying around, it comes with a screen bracket and a new motherboard with the speaker soldered to it and the converter board.

All you need to do is plug in two ribbon cables, put the bracket in the shell and close it all up. The easiest ever! The hardest part is putting in the ribbon cables, I really didnt want to damage anything.
What

Tasty

« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2021, 10:29:57 AM »
:drool I want to get into GB modding soon but don't have the money or focus.

Should I ever get rich I'm probably dropping a couple thou on GB bullshit. :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
Cmon breh this shit was only 59€ so thats like what 65$?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »
€ 44,39 | Rips V4 Super Osd Versie Ips Lcd Hoge Helderheid Backlight Kit Voor Gameboy Dmg Gb Dmg Console En Pre-soldeer Speaker
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vFKPB5

Just in case you wanna take a look at it, its pretty cheap bro
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2021, 06:36:11 AM »
What are some great Gameboy games that are Japanese but easily playable English?
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2021, 10:47:07 AM »
What are some great Gameboy games that are Japanese but easily playable English?

Trip World (think it got a Euro release actually)
For the Frog the Bell Tolls (has a fan translation)
Chalvo 55
Ikari no Yousai 2 (Fortified Zone 2)
X (the spiritual prequel to Starfox)
^_^

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2021, 11:09:22 AM »

Originally developed by Affinix Software from 1999 to 2001 towards the end of the Game Boy Color’s retail lifespan, the shift in the market towards the Game Boy Advance (released in 2001) resulted in publishing struggles for the game. As a result, the original Affinix team went their separate ways, leaving Infinity a what-if that was formally cancelled in 2002. Yet, 15 years later, following repeated interest in what was seen as one of the last Game Boy Color games, an unfinished version of Infnity was released as a free ROM in 2016.

Now, for the 20th anniversary of Infinity, we have assembled a team consisting of both Affinix originals and fresh faces to finally complete Infinity and give it the physical cartridge release for the Game Boy Color that it always deserved! If you are interested in helping to finally make Infinity a reality, please subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates and exclusive news concerning our upcoming summer kickstarter campaign, and to get an exclusive medley of Infinity’s soundtrack!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2021, 05:50:40 AM »
Bought a stack of mostly mediocre games for 50€,

Including Felix The Cat and Mario 6 Golden Coins
Considering I should be able to sell Felix for about 40€/35€ I think it was a good deal.

Felix The Cat is a really easy game. I finished it in one sitting while working lmao. Its cool because you constantly collect Felix heads, and you keep turning into a different vehicle. Like you'll start on foot, your attack is a boxing glove. Then you turn into a dancing Felix, a car and then a tank lmao.

For the flying levels you have a balloon, and an attack fighter
For the underwater level you have a dolphin you swim on, and a submarine.

It really wasnt all that hard though. Like I said I finished it in one sitting, probably under an hour 😅🤷🏼‍♂️

I also have Prince of Persia on GB now, I tried it but got to the guy with the sword, and I didnt have any so I died lol
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:55 AM »
Didn't know they made a GB version of Felix... I played through the NES version last year and it seems the GB is a much more trimmed down version (with a fewer levels) than the NES one. But the concepts are there - upgrading to different forms (like the tank) and riding the  :-X dolphin :-X
^_^