Author Topic: GAMERGATE: Both Sides Have The Same Melt Value  (Read 177331 times)

Himu

Re: GAMERGATE
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
Well, that's my point, Etiolate. I watch MLP and I don't identify as a...whatever. It's just a cute cartoon for me to watch. I'm sure the same is true for many gamers, but it seems that they [gamersgate apologists] value their gamer identity an incredible amount when they're just glorified toys.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
gamergate apologist? that's a weird way to say it

I think they are being very defensive because of the attacks directed towards games and gamers. However invested they were into the hobby, it's heightened when someone is painting you as an evil person.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2014, 07:01:43 PM »
Hmm, yes, these people are definitely not insane. http://t.co/Mm7kT2NS8F

"GG veterans” - a few weeks espousing a cause, and they’re comparing themselves to soldiers who’ve fought on a battlefield and survived.

::)

I hope you're listening to the recommended soundtrack while reading this.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »
gamergate apologist? that's a weird way to say it

I think they are being very defensive because of the attacks directed towards games and gamers. However invested they were into the hobby, it's heightened when someone is painting you as an evil person.

Of course they're being defensive because games and gamers are being attacked. I've already said this. And their reasoning is often because they were made fun of when they were kids. Its nonsensical and petty. Oh no, will someone defend the games?! I don't get it.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »

"GG veterans” - a few weeks espousing a cause, and they’re comparing themselves to soldiers who’ve fought on a battlefield and survived.

As I was unable to complete reading it beyond the first two pages, I am unwilling to seek out their music advice.

etiolate

« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »
It is sort of reinforcing the stereotypes bullies use. I hadn't actually run into much of people saying that. Maybe they see this as bullying? I don't know.

I'm not emotionally charged about it. It's more interesting to me? Disturbing in parts and relative to other political trends. But I guess I can't diss someone for being emotionally charged about it. It depends on the type of person you are. When someone attacks something I like or am associated with in a dumb way then I just dismiss it. Others take it personally. Hell, the 'feminist' sides is all about taking everything personally. I'd rather people do less of it, but it's not like the entire #GG thing operates super-emotionally. There's a lot of that on both sides though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »

As I was unable to complete reading it beyond the first two pages, I am unwilling to seek out their music advice.

It's a track from Kill la Kill. :heh
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »

« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

It's a track from Kill la Kill. :heh

benjipwns

« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
What else can we do better, with tactics?
If you see a Twitlonger post addressing a corporate entity / PR firm / advertising firm, BOOST IT. It costs us NOTHING. Do not respond to any troll posts / bait tagged on the twitlonger.

This makes us DOMINATE TWITTER for as long as we want. Our enemies will now have to fight MULTIPLE fronts, while we put exponential pressure both on emails and on twitter itself.

This EXHAUSTS the trolls, the shills, Literally Red, Literally Blue, and Literally Who.

Today we start invading Castle Vox
Vox has already set the precedent, thanks to Leigh Alexander. By taking over Castle Vox, we knock out Polygon and The Verge at the same time.

STAY TUNED FOR TARGETS, BE HERE 6PM EST USA, we lay SIEGE to Castle Vox.

Why should we take Castle Vox?
Right now, Vox Media has been implicated with numerous skirmishes with GamerGate, all of these should be brought to light to every PR Agency and every advertiser we can find that deals with Gamers.
Mission
Calmly inform @CNN, heck even Wolf Blitzer if you want, of what’s really happening in #GamerGate. Be factual. Be polite. Be not crazy uncle RogueStar. Inform them of anything #GamerGate that you know, and send them FACTS AND CONDENSED INFO.

Your email MUST be a public facing write up. Do NOT include your personal info. If you are willing to come out publicly, be sure you are secure on emails, sites, paypals, etc.
THIRD : You must treat DiGRA website as ENEMY TERRITORY. We have been doxxed before because of IPs getting leaked, and rogue admins helping SJWs. You can safely download the entire DiGRA archive here : https://mega.co.nz/#!oBtSXaiJ!B2HCzRjYcwlhRmk-Nl7yUZ7yW32_u4Skn4gi8MIdTEI
If you have an academic position, tenure, are part of a research group, AND have an interest in contributing NEW PAPERS that go against the current Feminist Inquisition, please contact @RogueStarGamez IMMEDIATELY.

We will read them, every fscking DiGRA paper. Fact checking, fact finding mission.

We will read all the things.

http://www.digra.org/digital-library/ <- There are over 700 articles
in DESPERATE NEED OF PEER REVIEW.

We will give it to them
Load Out

This is a SUPER LONG operation. If you are a COLLEGE STUDENT, request your school/professors/TAs for a way to get COLLEGE CREDIT for reading DiGRA materials.

DIGRA PAPERS ONLINE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU HAVE GOOD SECURITY.
http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/11340.02077.pdf
http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/05087.10012.pdf

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »
<----

benjipwns

« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
CONCLUSION
Designing protagonist characters for computer games is a difficult task, but necessary.
Although it is true that the player controls the character in the final game, game
designers have no reason to give up on the construction of character. Even if the player
is the one who holds the joystick, the game designer still controls the character.
A perceived character will direct a player’s decisions to act. Character interpretation can
be involuntary, even subconscious, but still affect a player’s attitude towards a game.
Therefore, if a game has a protagonist character, designing with its needs in mind
should be a fruitful approach. In this paper, we have pointed out explicit ways of
affecting the perception of characters. The design section exemplifies how character
aspects can be translated into game mechanics.
The needs of the protagonist define the needs of the player and will guide them
towards the goals of the game. We propose the use of a three-dimensional approach of
aspects to build rich and well-founded protagonist characters. By then fine-tuning the
game mechanics accordingly, the game will reflect and support the solid nature of the
character.
Making actions and goals natural for the character doesn’t mean that the solutions will
be trivial or easy to achieve. On the contrary, natural-seeming goals provide a good
background upon which to build intricate and demanding conflicts – the basis for an
enjoyable game.
REFERENCES
1. Aristotle, Poetics, London: Penguin Books, 1996.
2. Berman, R.A. Fade in: The Screenwriting Process, Studio City: Michael Wiese
Productions, 1997.
3. Blache, F.I. and Fielder L., History of Tomb Raider. GameSpot Available:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/tombraider_hist/
4. Caillois, R. Man, Play and Games, Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001 (1961)
AGH THEY GOT SOCIAL JUSTICE IN MY ACADEMIA

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
Gamergate reminds me a lot of the Smithy Gang from Super Mario RPG
QED

« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »
Dead we are not! NYA!

Back we are! NYA!

Revenge we will get! NYA! NYA!

:ohhh

Himu

« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
It is sort of reinforcing the stereotypes bullies use. I hadn't actually run into much of people saying that. Maybe they see this as bullying? I don't know.

Eh? I think it's calling a spade a spade.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »

In the articles that were posted in response to Zoe Quinn? That shit was hateful and vile.

And don't think you aren't included in that group. As someone who plays games and watches anime, you're another fat loser.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2014, 10:42:47 PM »
Their living document thing is 34 fucking pages :o
Hi

benjipwns

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
The last like 15 pages are links to the 700 DiGRA articles.  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
Just think of what those people could do if they put forward this much effort doing something actually worthwhile instead.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2014, 11:31:57 PM »
Uh, they are fact-checking and verifying all those papers. What could be more worthwhile?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »

In the articles that were posted in response to Zoe Quinn? That shit was hateful and vile.

And don't think you aren't included in that group. As someone who plays games and watches anime, you're another fat loser.

nobody's saying all gamers are fat losers!

just the ones dumb enough to support #GamerGate
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »

what
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »

B-but Leigh Alexander did, and contrary to the wretched scum among the Gamergate folk she DOES speak for all SJWs, etc.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2014, 01:14:40 AM »
The funny thing will be when these gamegaters find out about how congress works with donors.
que

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2014, 06:45:20 AM »

B-but Leigh Alexander did, and contrary to the wretched scum among the Gamergate folk she DOES speak for all SJWs, etc.

uh uh

these fat loser are trying to boycott the site that a while ago compared a national tragedy to resident evil, so yeah... i'm going to cheer for them
<----

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »
magus, thanks for the reminder that I haven't blocked you yet
乱学者

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
magus, thanks for the reminder that I haven't blocked you yet

blocking people is what a SJW would do :hitler

#STOPCENSORSHIP

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:17:21 PM by magus »
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
Magus, why do you make a big deal of that and then happily stand next to the crusaders who made this: http://gamergate.rogue-star-industries.com/

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »
1. That was apparently made by a 3rd crazy identity (which is why it's ROGUEstar)
2. That file might feature kill la kill music and a childish overpompous tone but at the end it's just telling people to boycott and i don't see anything bad in that, unless i missed something (it was a tl;dr file) in which case in which case feel free to point it out
3. And this is the big one, i think the the other side is the bigger evil of the 2 and you guys are just having fun behind the neckbeards backs without looking at the whole picture, the fact that nobody seemed to mention point 1 for example indicate this... if i can dare to say it, this thread is really close to look like the neogaf thread in OT
4. Oh and before someone says it, yeah i guess i also like playing devil advocate
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:57:03 PM by magus »
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »
A crazy third party? Is there a list of "officials" or can the Gamergate folk conveniently disown anyone that makes them look bad?

Also, a Devil's Advocate doesn't actually support the positions they defend. Not unless they want to claim to be one for appearances' sake.

etiolate

« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
I didn't realize this forum was so clueless about the nature of protests.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »
A crazy third party? Is there a list of "officials" or can the Gamergate folk conveniently disown anyone that makes them look bad?

well that's what the other side says, i'm just reporting because i'm trying to be impartial

Also, a Devil's Advocate doesn't actually support the positions they defend. Not unless they want to claim to be one for appearances' sake.

but i don't give a shit about gamergate, the only reason i came here is because you guys continued with this inanity instead of just labeling it as a dumb internet war (which is it) and walk away because you had to laugh at the neckbeards

with that said, the casualities of this whole affair are either nothing or the video game equivalent of fox news going away... i know which one i want
<----

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »

That's ok, fortunately we all collectively realized you weren't worth paying attention to ages ago.
yar

etiolate

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
Well, not if you don't want to learn. :smug

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
you've been posting here for years; we've long learned what embarrassing self-delusion looks like
pcp

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »
and I have a 4-month-old daughter so I know all about crying because the world is unfair and you should always get what you want
乱学者

etiolate

« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:09 PM »
you've been posting here for years; we've long learned what embarrassing self-delusion looks like

me?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »
Too many people shit into this one for it to be diluted away, sorry. It was doomed from the start. Remember Doritogate? People actually took that seriously, on both sides. And there was even a woman involved! I'm sure she got death threats too for threatening a libel case against Rab Florence, someone from the press side starting a conversation about impropriety in the press, but it was taken seriously nonetheless.
The tone now is very different. This one is all about anti-progressive, anti-feminist blowhards thinking people want to take their toys away and they act like it's about press ethics. I don't even know what they want the press side to look like at this point. Reviews and regurgitated PR statements just because people write articles they don't like? Fucking don't read them, won't even have to write to advertisers to pull ads! 

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »
blocking people is what a SJW would do :hitler

#STOPCENSORSHIP

They can turn things over to me and we can bug your abode, turn your SO into an informant (or plant a spy as your SO) and then purge you if you want.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
SocialJustice Wombat
@brofreq

I am sentient wombat from the year 2035. My mission is to prevent the irreversible damage that was brought on by the SJWs. This is my story.

https://twitter.com/brofreq

I truly hope this never ends. :lawd

Yulwei

« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
People hating on gamers are bigots? :heh

Gamers suck, like metalheads suck, like comic book nerds suck, like weeaboos suck, nerds just suck in general.

Now, if you're a nerd but that only goes as far as enjoying nerdy shit, hell I'll throw in having a few referential t-shirts and posters, you're OK. The moment you decide that's your life when you don't depend on it financially(you make em, review them, or write about them for cash) and not just as a hobby is exactly why you're a fucking loser.

Jesus christ at these people acting like this shit is apartheid. Who the fuck cares if some chick who makes games dissed you? Be an adult and stop taking this shit seriously. There's only one thing you should do in regards to entertainment, play/watch/read/listen to it, maybe enjoy it, then move the fuck on. Anything beyond that is in many ways dumb and a waste of time. Yeah I'm dumb and I waste my time a lot, but it's better to know you're a jackass than act like you're a genius.

but it's not some chick who makes games that dissed people, it's a bunch of gaming blogs that basicaly decided you automaticaly belongs to the second category and coincidentaly right after being accused of pulling shit, it would be like if several sport websites decided to call every soccer fan a violent hooligan, i'd be surprised if nobody took the piss and in that case you wouldn't be either

anyway totalbiscuit, the editor in chief of escapist and the editor in chief of gamefront discuss the whole issue, it's 1 hour long, i didn't watch it all, if you care more about this than "lol neckbeards!" go watch the rest for me

<----

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
jesus fucking christ, guys
püp

Himu

« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
People hating on gamers are bigots? :heh

Gamers suck, like metalheads suck, like comic book nerds suck, like weeaboos suck, nerds just suck in general.

Now, if you're a nerd but that only goes as far as enjoying nerdy shit, hell I'll throw in having a few referential t-shirts and posters, you're OK. The moment you decide that's your life when you don't depend on it financially(you make em, review them, or write about them for cash) and not just as a hobby is exactly why you're a fucking loser.

Jesus christ at these people acting like this shit is apartheid. Who the fuck cares if some chick who makes games dissed you? Be an adult and stop taking this shit seriously. There's only one thing you should do in regards to entertainment, play/watch/read/listen to it, maybe enjoy it, then move the fuck on. Anything beyond that is in many ways dumb and a waste of time. Yeah I'm dumb and I waste my time a lot, but it's better to know you're a jackass than act like you're a genius.

this is what i was getting at on the last page without the tone haha
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
An hour long?do you know who you can talk a for an hour? Only someone that already agrees with you
que

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
gaming deserves to be ruined.

seriously, we need ONE FULL YEAR with no animu titty elves, killstreak masturbathons, or manboy edgy pandering in general. all female characters must be fully clothed and their scripts must pass the bechdel test. realistic shooting mechanics must be replaced with interactive socratic dialogues on culture, consumerism, humanism, and possibly menstruation.

i'm serious. i need to see underdeveloped manchildren SUFFER in a world where they can find no validation or escape, and where they must give up their only solace to stare down the endless grey limbo of their helpless, inconsequential little lives.

then will i be pleased.

:rejoice :geoff sjw :geoff :rejoice

duc

benjipwns

« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
Nintendo has offered all of that since 1889 and yet you all reject them instead of embracing the harmony of whimsy.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2014, 11:54:43 PM »
yes, but ninthings have accepted and embraced the empty wastelands of their useless existences

ninthings do not beget #gamergate; they beget pants-wetting apoplexy over sheik and zelda being separate characters in smash

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and frankly, between the two, give me the nintarded :dead :dead :dead
[close]
duc

benjipwns

« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
Blue eyed male characters saving princesses? :comeon

Check your MRA privilege! :bolo
He's a homeless man who crawls around in pipes, eats mushrooms and has extreme weight fluctuations.

And then there's his brother, who gets to jump higher just because he's taller? What kind of stereotype bullshit is that?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2014, 12:44:29 AM »
gaming deserves to be ruined.

seriously, we need ONE FULL YEAR with no animu titty elves, killstreak masturbathons, or manboy edgy pandering in general. all female characters must be fully clothed and their scripts must pass the bechdel test. realistic shooting mechanics must be replaced with interactive socratic dialogues on culture, consumerism, humanism, and possibly menstruation.

i'm serious. i need to see underdeveloped manchildren SUFFER in a world where they can find no validation or escape, and where they must give up their only solace to stare down the endless grey limbo of their helpless, inconsequential little lives.

then will i be pleased.

:rejoice :geoff sjw :geoff :rejoice
That would be THE way to revitalize Japanese gaming.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
Princess peach passing the becheld test would be the most exposition in a Mario game. By a factor of like 10
que

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2014, 06:39:02 AM »
Magus, I'm not watching that dumb video. And don't think anyone takes your bullshit about this seriously. Your faux outrage over gaming being "ruined" by a few articles is hilarious coming from a dude who pirates every game out there.

what the fuck has pirating game does with this other than you being a rude little dipshit? my "faux outrage" is just trying to explain the situation, but you guys are a bunch of shitlord that have spent like 1000 pages worth of content mocking another forum, so of course you won't accept another explanation other than "gamers will be gamers"

it's funny how a few page ago oscar was all like "i don't need this kind of toxicity in my life" when the most toxic place i know off coincidentaly is this one

<----

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2014, 06:51:36 AM »
the most toxic place i know off coincidentaly is this one

___

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
Princess peach passing the becheld test would be the most exposition in a Mario game. By a factor of like 10

"Peach has got it!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
WDW

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »

"Peach has got it!"
"Hi, I'm Daisy!"
Add in a " letsa go!!" And it's all the exposition I need
que

benjipwns

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2014, 04:15:16 AM »
SJW Bullies at work again:

#NotAllShields

@IG_Enthusiast
they're the ones who brought it here, #gamergate refuses to" lie back and think of england" thanks

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
My god the stupidity.
que

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
honestly I think a lot of people in the industry/scene just never liked "gamer culture" to begin with, we just kept it to ourselves for 20 years :goty
QED

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
Arguing on twitter :heh
©ZH