Author Topic: Twin Peaks OT: I'll see you again in 25 years.  (Read 82458 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Twin Peaks OT: I'll see you again in 25 years.
« Reply #481 on: September 14, 2017, 11:14:28 AM »
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-season-4-years/

While taking several questions from the audience face-to-face, the director declined to reveal the fate of Audrey Horne, whose very last shot in Part 15 was both abrupt and confusing. “What matters is what you believe happened,” he clarified. “Many things in life just happen and we have to come to our own conclusions. You can, for example, read a book that raises a series of questions, and you want to talk to the author, but he died a hundred years ago. That’s why everything is up to you.”

Whether there will be a 4th season of Twin Peaks is too early to say, he told the crowd, adding that if the series would continue, fans would have to be extremely patient. Again. “It took me four and a half years to write and film this season.”

In other words, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Boredfrom

« Reply #483 on: September 18, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »

While taking several questions from the audience face-to-face, the director declined to reveal the fate of Audrey Horne, whose very last shot in Part 15 was both abrupt and confusing. “What matters is what you believe happened,” he clarified. “Many things in life just happen and we have to come to our own conclusions. You can, for example, read a book that raises a series of questions, and you want to talk to the author, but he died a hundred years ago. That’s why everything is up to you.”

Whether there will be a 4th season of Twin Peaks is too early to say, he told the crowd, adding that if the series would continue, fans would have to be extremely patient. Again. “It took me four and a half years to write and film this season.”

That is Lynch for you lol

https://twitter.com/michelledean/status/907723705286930433

But what does the cow mean?

Tasty

« Reply #484 on: September 18, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
Lynch doing anything again would be a minor miracle. I'm still reeling from the fact we got 18 hours of new, unadulterated Lynch visual media content after 11 years of nothing.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: September 18, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »
But what does the cow mean?

Everything.
©@©™

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #486 on: September 19, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »

Damn. Episode 17 was a great end to the series and then 18 happened. I'd love a season 4 with semi-Coop and Laura adventures through time-fucked alternate reality.

agrajag

« Reply #487 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »
Well, I planned to re-watch the entire season after the finale, but I don't have the will power (don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it requires a commitment). Bye bye Showtime!

agrajag

« Reply #488 on: September 19, 2017, 11:30:11 PM »
BTW, if it ended at 17, I would have been so let down. That ending would have been completely half-assed, rushed, unimaginative, unsatisfying conclusion filled with fan-service and cliches, broadcast through a rose-colored screen. Maybe that was the whole point. Lynch gave us the most cliche, fan-service ending he could only to subvert it and turn it inside out.

Bebpo

« Reply #489 on: September 20, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »
BTW, if it ended at 17, I would have been so let down. That ending would have been completely half-assed, rushed, unimaginative, unsatisfying conclusion filled with fan-service and cliches, broadcast through a rose-colored screen. Maybe that was the whole point. Lynch gave us the most cliche, fan-service ending he could only to subvert it and turn it inside out.

What about if you think both endings suck?  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #490 on: September 20, 2017, 10:04:23 PM »
Then they should go back to playing Knack  :P

You get a pass on this since it's your birthday. Happy Birthday Wrath!

Tasty

« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2017, 02:35:35 AM »
Fuck you bebpo, you piece of shit.

agrajag

« Reply #492 on: September 21, 2017, 02:46:41 AM »
well, that escalated quickly

Tasty

« Reply #493 on: September 21, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »
I didn't get a pass cause it was my birthday. :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Dennis

« Reply #495 on: September 24, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »
Finally, the Lynch Cinematic Universe we have been waiting for.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:14 AM »
The new book isn’t as good as Secret History. There are good bits, but it feels kinda hastily written and it’s not as well put together visual-wise as Secret History. It’s still a must for fans, but it feels far more like a cash-in than the first book.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »
The new book isn’t as good as Secret History. There are good bits, but it feels kinda hastily written and it’s not as well put together visual-wise as Secret History. It’s still a must for fans, but it feels far more like a cash-in than the first book.

Does it flesh out the world of S3 more though? Besides those 2 links Andy provided in the previous post. Debating whether to pick it up.

Bebpo

« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2017, 03:27:23 AM »

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/twin-peaks-final-dossier-series-finale-explained-part-18-1201893015/
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/twin-peaks-audrey-horne-truth-revealed-spoilers-1201892814/

Final Dossier out here giving us more than we'd ever hoped for :rejoice

I'm about done with the audio book and it hasn't given much of anything that most people didn't infer and agree was the case from watching the season 3.  :yeshrug It's basically confirmed fan speculation and some background of minor characters between seasons 2 and 3 that really has no impact on anything other than fan service.

The whole world was just dying to find out about Donna's modeling career  :beli

Thanks, sounds like a pass.

TVC15

« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2017, 03:53:43 AM »

Does it flesh out the world of S3 more though? Besides those 2 links Andy provided in the previous post. Debating whether to pick it up.

Nope, as answered above.

The most infuriating part is the section on Annie. You see there’s an Annie section and you feel like you’re about to learn something new, but

(Not really a spoiler, but tagging for the sensitive)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
after a one paragraph summary of her and her relationship with Coop in S2, the section diverges into being about Coop’s relationship with Windom Earle’s wife, revealing nothing unrevealed in the series by this point
[close]

It’s such a tease. It’s not the only big tease. Not rocking the boat was clearly a goal with this book.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
Oh man, had no idea this was out. Thanks for the update Andy, not clicking the spoilers though!

« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
And now they're teasing a fourth season with Showtime...

Also, local brewery had these glasses made right before Season 3 started up.

野球

Rich!

« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
Please showtime, lynch and frost

bless us with another 18 episodes of lunacy

Rich!

« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
Half the cast died during and after production. I don't doubt Lynch could do it but a 4th season :lol

I'd be first in line, but a lot of people will be expecting answers this time and they sure as hell ain't getting it.

I only count four people....doc Hayward, Albert, log lady and Carl Rodd. They could easily carry on without them, their stories are finished.

Bebpo

« Reply #505 on: November 01, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
Half the cast died during and after production. I don't doubt Lynch could do it but a 4th season :lol

I'd be first in line, but a lot of people will be expecting answers this time and they sure as hell ain't getting it.

Well that's why he took the show to not-Twin Peaks :P Doesn't need any of the cast alive besides Cooper & Laura.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »
In Season 4, Cooper might just be a talking dog chew-toy or a sentient bottle of water, who knows?
©@©™

« Reply #507 on: November 02, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »

Well that's why he took the show to not-Twin Peaks :P Doesn't need any of the cast alive besides Cooper & Laura.

They could cast whoever is still around in new roles and use the alternate reality excuse for those who have passed away.
野球

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #508 on: November 02, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
but another season would ruin that perfect ending :maf

eps 18 is peak lynch

« Reply #509 on: November 02, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »

They could cast whoever is still around in new roles and use the alternate reality excuse for those who have passed away.

The book implied that the same things happened, just in a different manner. Leland still killed himself but at a different time and different way, Laura was never found, etc.

I was talking about the world that Cooper found himself in. They could get creative with casting.

I'd rather they just leave the show alone.
野球

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #510 on: November 02, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »
book seems trash tier. agree with what TVC said above. secret history was pretty stupid, but it was a well-done stupid with a lot of care put in. new one is phoned-in.

I'd be ok with more show, I am just pretty checked-out at this point. twin peaks effectively ends at the end of S1.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #511 on: November 02, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »

The book implied that the same things happened, just in a different manner. Leland still killed himself but at a different time and different way, Laura was never found, etc.

I was talking about the world that Cooper found himself in. They could get creative with casting.

I'd rather they just leave the show alone.

look what they did with bob and briggs. they could oh...cast other people but why do that when you can just have stupid cutouts and do whatever the fuck with the audio.

just talking about this show makes me mad, it totally triggered me like nothing else I can remember :lol

« Reply #512 on: November 02, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
I was so sure when Vincent Castellanos was casted for Season 3 he was going to be Bob somehow, instead he was a lame RR waiter asking Richard not to smoke.

agrajag

« Reply #513 on: November 04, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »
Yessss, my copy of the Final Dossier arrived this morning. Can't wait to dig into it.  :D

« Reply #514 on: November 04, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
Yessss, my copy of the Final Dossier arrived this morning. Can't wait to dig into it.  :D

How Annie!?  :)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #515 on: November 04, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
I got this Final Dossier book and I realized I probably won't actually read it.
nat

agrajag

« Reply #516 on: November 05, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »
And now I left the fucking book at work, just when I was getting into it  ::)

TVC15

« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »
I get to touch Ray Wise and Bobby and James and Sherilyn Fenn and Madchen Amick today <3
serge

TVC15

« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »
I told Ray Wise that I loved his recent Tim and Eric’s Bedtime Stories ep and he replied “Tim and Eric are wonderful boys!” with a big goofy Ray Wise smile. I felt a love connection.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #519 on: January 14, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »
Did Madchen Amick glow like I've imagined?
:9

TVC15

« Reply #520 on: January 14, 2018, 04:03:00 AM »
Oh yes. Impressions from the meet and greet:

Lucy and Andy: They are basically their characters from the show.

Ray Wise: A god. He sang “Mares Eat Oats” at a fans request and got into it.

James: As big a loser in real life as he was on the show. He didn’t make eye contact with anyone and constantly looked down. During the panel, he looked depressed the whole time because every time he was mentioned it was joke about how lame he was. Refused to sing a little bit of “You and I”.

Sherilyn: She was awesome and intense and probably crazy. It seemed like she somehow got into an intense conversation with 9 out of 10 people at the meet and greet. She got teary a lot when people told her how much they loved Audrey. She was also looking mighty fine.

Madchen: She was really sweet. I didn’t really get to chat with her much, but she looked amazing. I told her I love her on Riverdale.

Chrysta Bell: Came across as really phony at both the panel and the meet and greet. She also looked amazing and has a like 10 inch waist.

Hawk: He was very cool and laid back and completely unlike his character on the show. He was really funny.

Bobby: Really goofy and fun. Said his favorite scene on the show was the vomiting kid, and I told him it was the most brilliant thing I saw on TV this year.

serge

Tasty

« Reply #521 on: January 14, 2018, 04:13:06 PM »
:o

:rejoice

:bow TVC :bow2

Tasty

« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
Part of the charm.

Mother killing those two kids in the first ep wouldn't have been nearly as effective with a $100-million budget CG model.

Tasty

« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »
Waahh waaahhh.

Real art is messy, fuckhole.

You want gloss and pomp? Go see Star Wars Episode 9, in theaters next winter. Directed by JJ Abrams with contributions from 5,163 CG animators.

TVC15

« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »
From the panel last week, a significant portion of it wasn’t in the script and done on the spot, too. Sherilyn implied that she got her whole part changed during filming. Andy and Lucy were called back in to do impromptu random scenes. Chrysta Bell said the same thing.

What was weird about Sherilyn was that she was very frank about how unhappy she was with her part. Her voice was cracking and she said she wanted this for years, but she ended up feeling like it was a mean joke. And then, the very next question was about working with David, and she did a complete 180 and talked about how brilliant he is and how amazing he was to work with, and how he has this magical presence when he was around. A lot of the cast sounded like cult members talking about their dear leader when asked about him.

Mark Frost has basically said his role in the show ended after he finished writing the story with David, before it was even turned into a script.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2018, 08:36:23 PM »
Yeah, when she talked about getting her part changed, she stopped herself from going into detail and said David would get pissed if she talked too much about it.

She got really emotional talking about how she just wanted one scene with Coop. She sounded like she really loved him (or Kyle). She said she told David to even just have him passing by in a car during one of her scenes.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2018, 09:00:08 PM »
I’m trying to remember more details.

Ray Wise said David and Mark were working on it formally for years before it was announced. On the original TP Complete Mystery set, which was like a year before S3 was announced, Ray said the bonus feature meeting between David, Sheryl Lee, and Grace was filmed a day or two after David’s first formal meeting with them about S3. He said David had been mentioning it to him happening for a year or two before that.

Before the official announcement, Ray, Sheryl, Kyle, Grace, Chrysta, Catherine Coulson, and Michael Hawk were the only cast members that knew it was being made. It was a surprise to everyone else.

Also, David is good friends with the entire cast, and they’ve all been in regular contact with him (and each other) since the original series.

Oh, Laura Dern charmed the pants off everyone. Her and David seemed like super close friends and he treated her as his equal. David calls everyone by their character name, even irl sometimes, but he always calls Laura “Peanut.” Not even Kyle got a special nickname.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »
i would shoot my shot if i had a chance at laura dern 2018 tbqh

Tasty

« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
This is fascinating. Keep it coming!

Lynch has always seemed pretty cantankerous and opaque so the fact that the cast still love him says a lot IMO.

TVC15

« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:04 AM »
Lmao, Lynch throws an absolute SHIT FIT near the end of 5 hours of bonus features, absolutely furious that they only had 2 days to shoot at the Great Northern, talking about how fucking horrible it was to work this way and he's never going to work like this again because he has no time to shoot weird shit or experiment and blah blah blah.

He then reveals that a few days away from shooting the big showdown in Truman's office with Coops and BOB, he has NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN OR WHAT HE WAS GOING TO SHOOT. He had nothing written for it, all he knew is that he had all the people who were supposed to be there. So, if it seemed like that whole scene was made up on the spot bullshit: IT WAS.

It's amazing how, after all the time and thought that went into this, how fucking slapdash and last minute it was. The fuck.

Makes me wonder what the original write up he made with Mark Frost looks like. Is it just like “everyone walks into the sheriff’s office and yada yada yada Cooper and Diane are in a strange new place.”
serge

agrajag

« Reply #530 on: January 22, 2018, 01:49:33 AM »
Are there any deleted scenes that expand on the lore at all?

agrajag

« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2018, 12:15:41 AM »
I read Mark Frost's last book. It's not enough.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2018, 01:16:32 AM »
The Final Dossier starts out well with the demise of Leo but some of it is just too light on details (like the Coop/Audrey stuff). Felt like an epilogue of the Secret History and not a stand alone book.
itm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2018, 03:53:28 AM »
Lmao, Lynch throws an absolute SHIT FIT near the end of 5 hours of bonus features, absolutely furious that they only had 2 days to shoot at the Great Northern, talking about how fucking horrible it was to work this way and he's never going to work like this again because he has no time to shoot weird shit or experiment and blah blah blah.

He then reveals that a few days away from shooting the big showdown in Truman's office with Coops and BOB, he has NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN OR WHAT HE WAS GOING TO SHOOT. He had nothing written for it, all he knew is that he had all the people who were supposed to be there. So, if it seemed like that whole scene was made up on the spot bullshit: IT WAS.

It's amazing how, after all the time and thought that went into this, how fucking slapdash and last minute it was. The fuck.

Welcome to filmmaking.
ὕβρις

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2018, 01:50:02 AM »
Half the book was blank pages since every character was a new chapter and the left page was blank.
itm

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #536 on: February 13, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
Obama is White Lodge entity. I am not surprised
:9

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #538 on: February 28, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »
Apparently David Lynch Teaches Typing is a thing.

https://rhinostew.itch.io/david-lynch-teaches-typing

Apologies if it sucks, I'm still at work so I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
Obama is White Lodge entity. I am not surprised

Nah, Black Lodge plant

◕‿◕