Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 805907 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #4440 on: January 07, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »
that's not what your mom told me last night :pitbull
:lol

OK, Gandalf the Morbidly Obese, you win this round.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4441 on: January 08, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
Woke up feeling good.  First time in a long time. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4443 on: January 08, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »
#blessed
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4444 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
That's a huge accomplishment. Congrats man!
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4446 on: January 09, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
toku blessing up from all that nice karma he's been sending everyone else.

:lawd

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4447 on: January 09, 2018, 08:48:16 PM »
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4448 on: January 09, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
Talked to a producer friend and discussed the pieces I was going after, and he said, "I've always loved the way you played pieces, you always take an unexpected route. If you were younger, or better looking, or a woman I'd seriously consider signing you to make an album."

I know it sounds back-handed, but he and I know the industry. And another ordinary guy playing the same pieces everyone knows isn't gonna sell any new albums.  But a back-handed compliment is still a compliment. I'll take it.
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4449 on: January 09, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
Tell him you’ll Milli his Vanilli

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4450 on: January 09, 2018, 09:22:39 PM »
I passed an unexpected written drivers license test today.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4451 on: January 09, 2018, 09:32:42 PM »
If you were younger, or better looking, or a woman I'd seriously consider signing you to make an album."

Wow ageist sexist and lookist.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4452 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »
Talked to a producer friend and discussed the pieces I was going after, and he said, "I've always loved the way you played pieces, you always take an unexpected route. If you were younger, or better looking, or a woman I'd seriously consider signing you to make an album."

I know it sounds back-handed, but he and I know the industry. And another ordinary guy playing the same pieces everyone knows isn't gonna sell any new albums.  But a back-handed compliment is still a compliment. I'll take it.

i believe in u

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4453 on: January 10, 2018, 12:59:05 AM »

Unexpected?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4454 on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »

Do you not remember eating one?
©@©™

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4455 on: January 10, 2018, 12:37:45 PM »

Do you not remember eating one?
Careful, that's a dad level joke.

TVC15

« Reply #4456 on: January 10, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »

Unexpected?

Minority teenagers held me down in an alley and made me take it.
serge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4457 on: January 12, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »
Fixed my water soaked phone by wrapping the SIM tray in thin paper and shoving it inside the slot a few times. Phone kept saying "No SIM" but this seemed to work, which was relieving since I had no rice, or money to buy a new phone. My rear camera also defogged itself the same day. I probably should rice it anyway but I think it'll be fine.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4458 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »
Fixed my water soaked phone by wrapping the SIM tray in thin paper and shoving it inside the slot a few times. Phone kept saying "No SIM" but this seemed to work, which was relieving since I had no rice, or money to buy a new phone. My rear camera also defogged itself the same day. I probably should rice it anyway but I think it'll be fine.

All those years in Japan, and suddenly you have no rice?

:lol

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4459 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:26 AM »
Our local rice is  g a r b a g e. It's gonna take a while until I'll accept it again. :lol

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4460 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:58 AM »
dont use rice to dry electronics, doesnt work, myth was born because camera equipment was transported in rice to keep dry in the older days.

Use cat litter, much better, just make sure you have some compressed air for after.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4461 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
Or silica gel, but that may be more expensive and I don't know how much you'd need.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4462 on: January 12, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »
well yeah, would recommend stealing the cat litter if you dont have a cat.

Raist

« Reply #4463 on: January 12, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
To clarify: use unused cat litter.

TVC15

« Reply #4464 on: January 12, 2018, 04:30:57 PM »
You can use the leftover cat litter to set things on fire. Soak it in gasoline and it’s great for that. Learned from Forensic Files. Good for getting rid of bodies.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4465 on: January 17, 2018, 10:49:38 PM »
I play a lot of rainbow 6 and I just had two of the funniest games.

1)  We are defending. Im Frost and im dead.  Only Tachanka is left, hiding in a corner on his gun behind a shield.  There are 3 attackers left.  I down all 3 in 10 seconds with frost traps.

2)  Match point.  Its hostage.  I'm Monty and Hab is the only one else alive on my team.  There are four of them left.  Hab opens a wall while I distract with smoke and hab grabs the hostage.  I'm trying to block the getaway with my shield but get shot down.  However, because the hostage is behind me they also kill him and we win. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4466 on: January 18, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
I play a lot of rainbow 6 and I just had two of the funniest games.

1)  We are defending. Im Frost and im dead.  Only Tachanka is left, hiding in a corner on his gun behind a shield.  There are 3 attackers left.  I down all 3 in 10 seconds with frost traps.

2)  Match point.  Its hostage.  I'm Monty and Hab is the only one else alive on my team.  There are four of them left.  Hab opens a wall while I distract with smoke and hab grabs the hostage.  I'm trying to block the getaway with my shield but get shot down.  However, because the hostage is behind me they also kill him and we win.

If we're sharing "cool story, breh" moments, I won two of the tightest GTA Online races I've ever had. One of them, I was drafting the guy in the last 100m or so, and shot past him just before the finish line, beating him by 0.02 seconds. I screamed.

TVC15

« Reply #4467 on: January 19, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
I just did really well on a job interview! In celebration, here's another story of my glory days in late 70s New York.

Two summers ago a guy answered an ad of mine about water sports and dirty sex and lived near enough to come around for a session. He told me in the letter that he always wore a leather jacket, black pants, and boots.

When he arrived he was. He was blond, butch, and had a beautiful pair of full jutting ass cheeks which, after we'd had several beers, he asked if I wanted to smell before he took his pants off. He didn't have to ask, of course, since he knew by my letter that I was an asshole and shit lover before anything else. So I went right down there with my nose where my asshole would be and began sniffing away at it like crazy. There was a beautiful shit odor on it, so strong I almost shot my cock.

We went into the bathroom, where I sat on the toilet. He took his pants and shorts down and stuck his cock in my mouth and immediately began pissing down my throat. While I swallowed it I felt around to his bare asshole and my finger met wet shit. He'd already let some out. I commented on it and he said he knew it and to lay down so he could shit the rest on me.

So I lay on the floor face up. He straddled my chest and shit a huge load of creamy, hot crap on my chest. I jerked my hot cock watching it come out.

He put one booted foot on my chest, squashing the warm wet shit. I was wildly excited but he knew I wanted more than that. So he straddled me ass toward my face, and sat right in the whole mess, rubbing his ass, balls, and cock in it, getting them thoroughly smeared with it.

I knew what was coming next and was not disappointed. Down came his shit-laden ass crack onto my face. I almost came without touching my cock when it hit me. He ground it around, smearing me totally. Then he sat back on his shit and gave me a second facial, and a third and a fourth. I can't remember how long it went on but I could have had it go on all night. I was not conscious of anything else but that beautiful ass and the stink of his shit. Finally he stood up and told me to suck him off. When I took his cock in my mouth it was shit-covered. So were his balls. But by then my mouth was thoroughly accustomed to the taste...

It took him ages to come but I didn't care. I wanted to go on tasting his piss and shit forever. When he finally came I swallowed come and shit together.

My only regrets are that he moved out west shortly after that and I never saw him again. Some lucky guy elsewhere is getting the same treatment, I'll bet. Whoever you are, I sure am jealous.
serge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4468 on: January 19, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »
Hope you get the job. :I

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4469 on: January 19, 2018, 06:17:57 PM »
 i thought i was crazy

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4470 on: January 21, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »
My girlfriend said, "Whenever North Korea comes up I think of you."

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4471 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:19 AM »
"And then, I was on the case."

Picked up my 6th game yesterday, Who Dunnit? Needs some tuning but it is in very good shape. Deep ruleset yet simple gameplay. People will dig it I think.
rub

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4472 on: January 22, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Zomgee, when I come over, that will be a roll of quarters in my pocket.  :doge
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4473 on: January 22, 2018, 12:35:01 PM »
Me too, next to my erection

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4474 on: January 22, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
Not really 'of the day' per se but I've recently gotten an Anova and an Instant Pot and they fucking kick ass. Two very different approaches to cooking that actually compliment each other fairly well.

shosta

« Reply #4475 on: January 23, 2018, 02:02:14 AM »
212 days sober. Last week was nearly indomitable and yet... here I am.
每天生气

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4476 on: January 25, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »
- Antibiotics seem to be working really fast (yes, I'll continue taking them as adviced)

- Just applied to go back to school in August! I'm missing some basic subjects required to start a BA degree, but I'll be able to take them over the course of one school year. Downside is most of my classmates are gonna be hella younger and I'll feel out of place (but what else is new), although I need this done and I'm doing it to get a decent job so I can give my daughter a good and secure future. So I'll have to suck it in and embrace the temporary grandma role. :lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4477 on: January 25, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »
All this triumph for borians

que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4478 on: January 25, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
I hadn't gone to school in 13 years when I started last year.  It was kind of hilarious hearing some of the excuses these kids would give about why they missed class or a test.  One even asked if he could get his mom to write a note to excuse his absence in which he missed a test. 

What was depressing was seeing the other folks who were clearly past the regular school age and how their numbers would slowly dwindle over the semester as they dropped and gave up. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4479 on: January 25, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »

Raist

« Reply #4480 on: January 25, 2018, 02:39:20 PM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4481 on: January 27, 2018, 05:55:13 PM »
Well today was weird. I am not done doctoring on my Who Dunnit and suddenly this becomes available:

Again, quite a bit of work to do on it - monitor brightness, backglass lighting, and T-molding are the obvious starters but this game is in surprisingly good shape. Got it for a good price, too. I am a very lucky person.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:15:46 PM by zomgee »
rub

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4482 on: January 31, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »
Last day today of alcohol free january, was a good initiative, might do this more often.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4483 on: January 31, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
212 days sober. Last week was nearly indomitable and yet... here I am.

Lmao just read this after I posted I did a month without booze.

Good job man, keep it up

Tasty

« Reply #4484 on: February 01, 2018, 12:32:58 AM »
Last 36 hours have been soooooo good.

- Got high for an hour and banged out a blog post I've been meaning to write for a year - in one sitting.

- Cooked something I would normally never cook and it was fucking delicious (cheesy chicken fajitas.)

- Ex-roommate came over and we caught up on some shows we watch together over a six-pack (we're basically domestic partners without the sex, unfortunately.)

- Got into work early enough to grab a coffee from Dunkin, which until now has never happened. (I'm chronically anti-punctual.)

- Absolutely slew the other team tonight in our gay bowling league.

- A well-known person at my company bought my entire department two giant cakes because of the feature I basically took over and finished two weeks ago (and which two weeks ago was giving me a lot of angst because of how difficult it was to finish.)

And to top it all off:

- The past month I've been paying everyone back who helped me get my current apartment, but I miscalculated and my last paycheck had to be stowed away for February rent, leaving me mostly broke during the week my dad's coming down for the Bruins game of which I bought tickets for us to attend. However, I came home just now after a night of drinking with gay bowling buddies to find I've gotten a giant check for the deposit at my old apartment.

Was literally considering making my dad buy my beers at the Garden until this happened. FUCK this feels so good! I'm bursting out in spontaneous laughter after getting this check.

Life is good. :pimp

Tasty

« Reply #4485 on: February 01, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
My blog post has 200 "claps" (🙄) on Medium and hit #2 on Hacker News within two hours. :win

Also I got retweeted by Mega64. :rejoice

These last two days have been almost too good. Now I'm scared of something really terrible happening lol.

Tasty

« Reply #4486 on: February 01, 2018, 05:01:00 PM »
The Joy of JavaScript :rejoice

shosta

« Reply #4487 on: February 01, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
Link to blog post?
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #4488 on: February 01, 2018, 05:10:17 PM »
Link to blog post?

I'm usually not cagey about my IRL self here but ehhh I'll just PM ya anyways.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4489 on: February 01, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »
My clocks are fucked (all year) and today I got such a good sleep I thought it was daylight savings and that I got an extra hour.  I did not. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4490 on: February 02, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »
I think I kicked my cold's ass. Managed to get out, get some work done, and am going to bed without nighttime cold medicine.

Oblivion

« Reply #4491 on: February 02, 2018, 11:15:08 PM »
Got hired for a new job with higher pay. Woo!

Oblivion

« Reply #4492 on: February 03, 2018, 05:25:36 AM »
- Antibiotics seem to be working really fast (yes, I'll continue taking them as adviced)

- Just applied to go back to school in August! I'm missing some basic subjects required to start a BA degree, but I'll be able to take them over the course of one school year. Downside is most of my classmates are gonna be hella younger and I'll feel out of place (but what else is new), although I need this done and I'm doing it to get a decent job so I can give my daughter a good and secure future. So I'll have to suck it in and embrace the temporary grandma role. :lol

I did the same thing with going to school with classmates a lot younger than me.

It was less bearable than I thought. :doge But it helped that I wasn't the only one.

I hadn't gone to school in 13 years when I started last year.  It was kind of hilarious hearing some of the excuses these kids would give about why they missed class or a test.  One even asked if he could get his mom to write a note to excuse his absence in which he missed a test. 

What was depressing was seeing the other folks who were clearly past the regular school age and how their numbers would slowly dwindle over the semester as they dropped and gave up.

Hey, good on you guys for going back to school. What are you guys studying?

My last few years wrapping up my bachelor's made me finally start realizing the age gap between me and most of my classmates was. There were the odd 40-50 year olds as well in classes mostly full of kids in their early 20s, so I didn't feel too embarrassed. Of course it helps that I can pass for a mid 20 year old.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4493 on: February 03, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
I’m going for mechanical engineering. I’m in my 2nd year and it’s gotten a lot easier now that I’ve built my schedule and I’m used to it.

Raist

« Reply #4494 on: February 03, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
There's no fucking way I could get back to studying :doge

glhf tho brehs.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4495 on: February 03, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »
I’m considering an MBA or MHA but the programs I’m looking at are built for people in the workforce so everyone would likely be my age or older
dur

TVC15

« Reply #4496 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:57 AM »
Pray for TVC’s triumph. Big interview today. This is the job I want!

Good mojo! I’ll start:

serge

shosta

« Reply #4497 on: February 08, 2018, 02:08:54 AM »
No updates?
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #4498 on: February 08, 2018, 02:22:27 AM »
No updates?

I think it went very well. I walked out of the interview loop feeling more confident that I nailed it than I ever have in the past. The job sounds like a great fit for me and the company’s culture seems great. There’s a dog park on the roof of the building. During my interviews, I was stationed in the same room all day, and three cats passed by the conference room window in the the time I was there. I’m used to dogs in the workplace, but here, people bring their f’n cats. I better get this job.
serge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4499 on: February 08, 2018, 04:10:38 AM »
In-office cats?

You better have nailed that interview enough for ALL of us to get a job there.