Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 556831 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

kingv

Re: The Star War is dead. Long live the Star War! [pbuh]
« Reply #4561 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »
Wait as sec

Shouldn't Rey now be possessed by the spirit of Palpatine/all siths/EVULS for killing him? Like...that was his plan and what he wanted all along, right?

No, actually, they changed this in reshoots, but in the original cut Rei says over and over again “why are you electrocuting yourself? Stop electrocuting yourself! Huh? Huh?”

Too bad they took it out, as it was a particularly iconic line.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4562 on: December 22, 2019, 05:38:27 PM »
Disney must've scrubbed that clean from the internet but she had some sort of therapy to deal with anxiety issues after the fame TFA brought her.

Oh no, rich girl is... *checks notes* hated by unwashed nerds for being a woman main character... *gets another note* ...While the rest of us hate her because she comes from privileged and should be guillotined.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4563 on: December 22, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »
I don't think calling Rey a Mary Sue makes you a mysgonist. Though I think the term is pretty stupid. She is a rather poorly written character in a poorly conceived and thought out story.

But I do think there are a lot of shit heads criticizing these movies from a shitty place. I know this is a very Ree like post, but Hollywood trying to cash in on diversity trends and what not while "bad" has brought out shitty people on the internet.

In the end (i haven't seen this movie) I just don't really care for these sequels because they don't bring anything to the table. The characters are nothing. They have no journey I'm invested in. The story and conflict is the most whatever conflict I could ever not imagine. I'm not going to say they are worse then the prequels, because on a pure "movie" level they aren't. They aren't sterile pos that I feel embarrassed to watch. But they are stories that I don't know how anyone could connect are care about beyond "oh shit it's star wars stuff renderd on a screen".

I mean not everything is bad, but they sure don't emit feelings. But then again maybe because I'm too old?

As someone who is'nt big on Star Wars outside of the movies, I kind of liked Jedi Fallen Order more. I mean it wasn't great, but the story felt....more thought idea. It's almost like the writers understood arcs, themes, and character development.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:47:20 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #4564 on: December 22, 2019, 05:53:06 PM »
It's a balancing out.

Are there people that criticize Rey's character that are misogynists? Absolutely.

But are all people that think her character is poor misogynists? Fuck no. I'm actually really disappointed because I really liked Rey in TFA and half of TLJ.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4565 on: December 22, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »
which cam would this happen to be?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4566 on: December 22, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »
It's on a private torrent site some of us use here

pm me your e-mail for an invite

Ah that's Ok, I don't like private trackers.  Thanks though.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #4567 on: December 22, 2019, 06:38:13 PM »
hero
Captain Janeway.
:dunno

Seriously though, that’s part of why I love when James Cameron riles up the MCU/Star Wars babbies.  Dude was making badass women heroes when all these nerds were still picking their buttholes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 08:01:09 PM by Tuckers Law »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4568 on: December 22, 2019, 06:56:20 PM »
One key fuck up in the star war no one talks about is how daisy Ridley being a posh tart was the wrong choice to play a character who should’ve had loads of ruffian charm.

I think the key fuck up with Rey is that she was too powerful way too early. She basically kicked Kylo's ass in the first movie without even breaking a sweat. So now the whole battle between Kylo and Rey just seems pointless. The outcome seems nothing but a formality. Essentially they tried to appeal to the 'woke' demographic by making Rey super kick ass to the detriment of Rey's overarching character arc. Of course Vader was stronger than Luke at the beginning of the original Stars Wars movies, but they should have made Kylo at least Rey's equal. That said, The Last Jedi did some things that made the relationship between Kylo and Rey in some way interesting. Towards the end of the movie though they managed fuck even that up, so.

it sucks that TLJ has become known for subverting expectations because it doesn't even do that well

you think it's going to do something interesting where rey and kylo team up and what does this mean for the resistance and first order, but then immediately nopes back to the status quo where kylo bad rey good because rian wanted to kill luke so badly and kylo had to be evil in order to do that

limp dick leads you right back into giant empire tiny rebels as much as ever before instead of actually going to a new place
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #4569 on: December 22, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »
Having a sequel series to a concluded story is always going to end up overriding shit and making the things it is a continuation of pointless in the end ( I believe this is a pretty big issue with EU stuff as well), but when you really break down the OT characters and what happens to them post ROTJ :lol

Nah Korra showed how it could be done well. Set a generation later with a different type of antagonist/conflict. It's doable.

This is one area I'm concerned about with The Matrix 4... even The Matrix Online took a lot of care to preserve Revolutions' ending... but I'm a giant nerd who cares about shit like this lol.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4570 on: December 22, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
Kathleen Kennedy will probably resign by January when they're due to announce their next moves with Star Wars. Apparently they have a film lined up for 2022 and of course some Disney+ stuff.
Unless Disney isn't serious about Star Wars or doing new movies, then she'll stay in place. 

JJ can just move on to his Warner Bros. contract signed prior to directing TROS and he won't return for Star Wars.
Neither will the new cast (although a big name director and a big bag of money might convince some otherwise).
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #4571 on: December 22, 2019, 07:55:39 PM »
Finn could be have been such an awesome character but they relegated him to Uncle Tomfoolery. I dunno why they thought that having another gifted orphan from a desert planet as your main lead was a good idea.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4572 on: December 22, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
One key fuck up in the star war no one talks about is how daisy Ridley being a posh tart was the wrong choice to play a character who should’ve had loads of ruffian charm.

I think the key fuck up with Rey is that she was too powerful way too early. She basically kicked Kylo's ass in the first movie without even breaking a sweat. So now the whole battle between Kylo and Rey just seems pointless. The outcome seems nothing but a formality. Essentially they tried to appeal to the 'woke' demographic by making Rey super kick ass to the detriment of Rey's overarching character arc. Of course Vader was stronger than Luke at the beginning of the original Stars Wars movies, but they should have made Kylo at least Rey's equal. That said, The Last Jedi did some things that made the relationship between Kylo and Rey in some way interesting. Towards the end of the movie though they managed fuck even that up, so.

Yep. 

But if you call her a Mary Sue you're a misogynist lol.  Total BS. 

And given the reveal in TROS of her true nature, even dumber. 

The issue is more than Mary Sue has become a misogynistic term, not that she is one.  Why call her a Mary Sue when you can say that she was prevented from growing as a character because she started off unreasonably strong?

Legit question: Since when?

Feels that the only people that complain about the term being misogynistic are RE types.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4573 on: December 22, 2019, 08:16:32 PM »
Since misogynists started using it to take down any kind of female lead with any kind of significant skill or power.  And since the term is uniformly applied as a pejorative for women.  For example, Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel are mary sues in all their movies, but their powers are explainable by their muscle size.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4574 on: December 22, 2019, 08:25:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1208897127037968384

Bless Oscar Isaac, wanted to be a bottom on camera. Disney is like "no, gurl, no. THOTtry isn't in our plans."

Boredfrom

« Reply #4575 on: December 22, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »
Since misogynists started using it to take down any kind of female lead with any kind of significant skill or power.  And since the term is uniformly applied as a pejorative for women.  For example, Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel are mary sues in all their movies, but their powers are explainable by their muscle size.

That sounds like Tumblr talking.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4576 on: December 22, 2019, 08:36:05 PM »
opps meant to say the term is applied ununiformly as pejorative to women, not 'uniformly'.  In my defense, I'm watching a cam version of the movie right now. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4577 on: December 22, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »
Rey and Ren tug-of-waring and killing chewy was good.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4578 on: December 22, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
Also, I can't believe the plot is they got a map to map to a super-secret sith planet.  And that first map?  Its a dagger. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4579 on: December 22, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »
If this was the original trilogy, they would have just busted CP30's head in with a wrench and got the data. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4580 on: December 22, 2019, 08:52:37 PM »
How does everyone know what sith is?  But in the mandaliorian know one knows what the force or jedi are?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4581 on: December 22, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
The girl in red with the helmet has a sexy butt.  Hope she doesn't turn out to be an alien or a dude. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4582 on: December 22, 2019, 09:07:41 PM »
"I'm the spy"  "WHAT"  lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4583 on: December 22, 2019, 09:13:45 PM »
Halfway through - WTF was the point of TLJ?  To train Rey?  Luke spent like 15 minutes in a swamp and that was good enough, we didn't need a whole movie for that. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4584 on: December 22, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
Also, I can't believe the plot is they got a map to map to a super-secret sith planet.  And that first map?  Its a dagger. 

A dagger with a hidden map that lines up with crash wreckage in the middle of an ocean that you can only see from one specific spot of land. Luckily for our heroes, the 40 years of being smashed with heavy waves did nothing to alter the geography and the key lined up perfectly on the first try.

OMG.  like at least have the dagger be a key to device not just find the silly extension and hold it from any old place.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4585 on: December 22, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »
I like that no one cares that C3P0 got his mind erased. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4586 on: December 22, 2019, 09:39:15 PM »
Wait, a single star destroyer can blow up a planet now?  Why did they need death stars then? 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4587 on: December 22, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »
How many times can you do 'the map is destroyed...no it's cool, we had it all along.'

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4588 on: December 22, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »
R2 just stuck his probe into C3P0 without consent.  Actually, he explicitly said 'No'. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4589 on: December 22, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
"Common buddy, we need you" to Chewy in the tone you would use to talk to a dog. SMH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4590 on: December 22, 2019, 10:10:32 PM »
Plalpy looks cool though

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4591 on: December 22, 2019, 10:27:42 PM »
I was fine with it but mostly because it was introduced in the mandalioran and I thought it was fine there. 

edit:  o guess he's bring her back to life, thats maybe not so cool

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4592 on: December 22, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
"Ben?"  sigh

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4593 on: December 22, 2019, 10:31:07 PM »
O, wtf, he just space ghosted her.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4594 on: December 22, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
"Well let's find out" - sexy face.    ya that was awkward. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4595 on: December 22, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »
The movie was a mess.  Each piece might have been good in its own right but there was no overarching logic to anything: the movie flew by the seat of its space magic.  This made everything silly, but it was almost silly in the way I can tolerate movies.  It was a lot better than TLJ, which had no redeemable features.  I also think that had this movie not needed to do all the work of both actually setting up a sequel storyline and concluding it - something that should have been done in TFA and TLJ - then it might have worked as a good movie.  Basically I blame TLJ.  I'm mostly astonished at how bad Disney handled this series - this is a DCCU level fuck up but at least that was trying to follow one person's (crappy) vision.  This was a series made in committee and no one said it was a bad idea.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4596 on: December 22, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »
I hope the next series of movies is set 1000 years in the future and made by people who like star wars. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

paprikastaude

« Reply #4598 on: December 22, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »
oh hey this movie was pretty okay with even some awesome bits among the dumb ones. What a twist. lol at anyone expecting this to generate prequel-tier memes in the future.  :lol biggest problem is that it had to handle the poor Disney management/lack of direction leading up to it. Although I gotta say, the "TLJ RETCONNED" narrative is completely overblown. The only thing they cancelled was Rian Johnson's shitty humour, poor use of CG and side characters. I actually like the characters again and would maybe watch more movies with the new ones - unless they are directed by Rian Johnson. :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #4599 on: December 22, 2019, 11:54:54 PM »
but fuck Disney anyway. The movie apparently has some kind of compulsory tax and costs twice as much as every normal night showing. :neogaf went straight for the cam version with Chinese subs, no shame.

Oblivion

« Reply #4600 on: December 23, 2019, 12:33:50 AM »
saw the movie yesterday. here are some sloppy thoughts i had (SPOILERS, of course):

- the editing was weird as hell. especially in the beginning. we immediately get shots of kylo ren in the middle of battle killing a bunch of random people we have no idea who they are. rey's introduction where she's shown floating and lifting the rocks around her was done with absolutely no buiild up whatsoever. almost everything about the movie's editing was incredibly manic, and there were a LOT of cuts, probably moreso than any SW film.

- trying to build some emotional tension with no pay off whatsoever. two particularly glaring examples were with chewie getting 'killed' and c-3P0 'losing his memory''. in the first case, it could have had some great impact and character development for rey, but then we find out chewie is alive and rey herself finds out chewie is alive not too shortly after. hell, did rey even hug chewie when she saw him again?

then we had the shit with 3PO. that, i thought was also going to be a very important and sentimental moment, only for it to be treated comically when he loses his memory and then once again when he gets it restored. the crew seems sad about what's going to happen for a grand total of 30 seconds and then they just fucking move on! then when 3P0 gets his memory back, literally no one fucking cares! i swear, rey, poe and finn are some of the worst friends ever.

- jumping off of the previous complaint, i also absolutely hated how one of the important subplots in the movie was that 3po refused to translate the inscription on the dagger, so they had to fly over to some different planet so that they could get someone to extract it from his memory. i'm sorry, but come on, that's STUPID! i'm not a fan of self-made conflicts.

- the entire stupid dagger bullshit - one of the things that bothered the shit out of me in TLJ was how finn and rose were looking for this super specialized 'codebreaker', who they wind up never meeting, only to COINCIDENTALLY find some random dude, who just happens to be a hacking genius, in the same cell that they're locked up in. the universe is big, but apparently quite small too.

ROS does something similar where the team comes across the dagger BY COMPLETE FUCKING ACCIDENT. they fell into the sand trap or whatever they called it, and just HAPPENED to be the location to find exactly what they needed. again, small universe! also, very nice that the violent, raging, ocean it was right next to didn't happen to further deteriorate or even move the death star from it's position for over 30 years!

then on top of that, whoever made that dagger, just happened to create a map that (AGAIN) COINCIDENTALLY corresponded perfectly well to the remaining shape of the death star wreckage. i mean, WHAT ARE THE ODDS

- spoiling palpatine in the opening crawl was pretty shitty

- almost all the 'jokes' fell flat. there was barely any laughter in the theater (THANK GOD)

- i don't mind that force healing suddenly showed up out of nowhere, but would it really kill James Cameron to have offered at least some kind of throwaway line to explain what it was and why rey (and kylo) suddenly have that ability?

- while i thought the finn and rose subplot was the worst thing in TLJ, i thought it was pretty fucked up that rose got completely sidelined and relegated to paper pushing

- as someone already mentioned, the scene where the triumphalism for when the backup for the rebellion shows up felt really undeserved. sure, there was the grandiose theme playing, but it felt very flat imo. it SHOULD have been a great scene, but it wasn't. there was some build up to it, sure, but it wasn't particuarly well done, imo.

-  i always enjoy seeing new tech introduced in the SW movies. while i think the star destroyers themselves are cool, just giving them a major powerup is a pretty lazy way to handle things.

- does anyone think this film had any memorable set pieces? again, not to be a broken record, but for all its problems, i thought TLJ absolutely nailed the final battle sequence on crait. there is nothing remotely as memorable imo as luke standing in front of the AT-ATs.

- and i guess the last thing i'll say is that i felt the movie had very few good emotional moments. i mean, maybe the scene with han and ben was good, i'll probably grant that. but that's about it. even with that though, i didn't think there was anything in the movie that was a gutpunch like when luke winked to 3p0 in TLJ.

Bebpo

« Reply #4601 on: December 23, 2019, 12:43:24 AM »
Saw the movie. Was dumb and had some bad choices in the ending and the movie needed to be 3 hours to slow the fuck down the first half which feels like a summary reel, but was passable and don't really get the fan outrage but while I like Star Wars I don't love it or have a dog in the fight.

Like when they started force teleporting material items I was like "is that a thing? Eh, I guess it is" and thought it was a cool little gimmick and used well for the best money shot of the teleporting lightsaber.

I'm fine with the story of the movie for being a dumb star wars movie until the point where Rey and Kylo are side by side about to fight Palpatine. After that the instant KO instead of a fight and then Rey blocks Palaptine to death and Kylo dies just because it's safe all get a hard pass from me. I'd be real curious to read what the other 7 endings they tested were.

In terms of TLJ retcon, I didn't find it retconning but more that I liked what Rian was hinting at with hey it's fucking 2019 and Game of Thrones is the #1 show, fuck black & white Sith & Jedi, let's do something new this trilogy and make a morally grey 3rd choice. They keep even harping about Rey bringing "balance to the force" which only makes sense if the Jedi & Sith are equal either both still alive or both gone, which a creative 3rd choice solution could do, such as keeping Kylo alive and doing something with the 2 of them in a new world future. Or my personal ending I'd have written where Rey kills Palpatine, becomes the ultimate Jedi+Sith entity and then kills herself closing out the Jedi & Sith bloodline feud forever and then story cuts to decades later and kids start getting force powers in a post-jedi/sith world setting up for future movies without the jedi/sith baggage (this is where you can tell I'm not a star wars fan since I think of Jedis as baggage :P)

But then in the end this plays it totally safe. Even though how the fuck does wiping out all the sith and still being a powerful jedi bring balance to the force...

In the end you can tell they wanted to do something with Kylo/Ren but because of the different writers pulling the story differently across the 3 movies you just get bits and pieces and ideas and not a consistent arc. Also as much as I think TLJ is great and Rian did good, the Finn portion of TLJ sucks and Rian totally torpedo'd Finn's character going anywhere sadly from the end of TFA. Most wasted potential part of the trilogy. Dude should've gone from being a brain-washed stormtrooper to something by the end of the trilogy but got the short end of the stick.

Basically I like Empire & TLJ & New Hope. Return of the Jedi is nostalgia and everything else is either ok or bad.

Oblivion

« Reply #4602 on: December 23, 2019, 01:36:53 AM »
holy shit. forget everything i said and just watch this instead:

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4603 on: December 23, 2019, 02:13:39 AM »
I think I enjoyed Suicide Squad more tbh.

Like, the writing had so many flaws in it.

• You mentioned Palpatine is the new/old overlord of the Sith and secretly pushed Kylo to be a bad dude for the past 30 years because mind voices and things, but he was never introduced. They just popped in a two sentence explanation in that intro crawl. Like seriously, I know how petty directors can be about only following their vision, but leaving out like five minutes of exposition to show that you don't approve of the previous ending is a really sloppy look and it removed all impact of reintroducing Palpatine.
  • In the quicksand, JJ revealed in a QA session that Finn wanted to "confess" that he's force sensitive. Not that he's in love with Rey or that he regrets almost being a deserter or anything like that. I think that they focus-tested how an interracial thing would be received and had to change it at after that scene was filmed. Might explain why the other woman who helps with the horseback raid was black. But then like Billy Dee Williams wants to feel like a man again so they hint that he wants to bang her. It's pretty fucking contrived.
  • Why the fuck would she call herself Skywalker when she meets Luke's old ass auntie? That is the peak of entitlement.

At least we got TLJ, Solo, and Rogue One.

curly

• cultural maoist

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4605 on: December 23, 2019, 05:37:03 AM »
spoiling palpatine in the opening crawl was pretty shitty
You mentioned Palpatine is the new/old overlord of the Sith and secretly pushed Kylo to be a bad dude for the past 30 years because mind voices and things, but he was never introduced. They just popped in a two sentence explanation in that intro crawl. Like seriously, I know how petty directors can be about only following their vision, but leaving out like five minutes of exposition to show that you don't approve of the previous ending is a really sloppy look and it removed all impact of reintroducing Palpatine.
This line was cut from the movie and shown in FORTNITE  :lol

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4606 on: December 23, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »
I don't know why everyone has such a hard time accepting the dagger like somebody totally made that shit hundreds of years ago not knowing what the specific design meant, only that it would someday have some specific prophetic relevance

In terms of TLJ retcon, I didn't find it retconning but more that I liked what Rian was hinting at with hey it's fucking 2019 and Game of Thrones is the #1 show, fuck black & white Sith & Jedi, let's do something new this trilogy and make a morally grey 3rd choice.

TLJ retconned its own theme here when it taught luke a lesson to prove him wrong in his own movie, and then refused to let rey join kylo and create a new grey world order, instead returning to the status quo of empire vs rebels
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4607 on: December 23, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »
Cause it's all :trash

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4608 on: December 23, 2019, 08:07:56 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #4609 on: December 23, 2019, 08:14:17 AM »
*skip ahead like an hour, they're talking about the queerbaiting*

THAT'S RIGHT, JAY!: Nobody would care, so why did Disney need to make a big deal about it?

"Progressive Pandering." Oh they got that right.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4610 on: December 23, 2019, 08:58:53 AM »
What

Tasty

« Reply #4611 on: December 23, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
At least we got TLJ, Solo, and Rogue One.

Eugh, good point :kobeyuck

Himu

« Reply #4612 on: December 23, 2019, 09:29:58 AM »
I like the idea that Rey is palatine's granddaughter but in no way does her line deserve to succeed the Skywalker's.

Imagine if in TLJ Kylo reveals that shes the granddaughter of Palps. After all her dark side exploration and flirting with forbidden magic. "That's right, you've got a history of the dark side in you. At least touch some of it." Which makes Rey a grey jedi.

It would have been truly unique within the franchise

Oh well

Doesn't mean Palps needs to come back or anything but i do like the idea of her being the fruit of his loins.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:34:33 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #4613 on: December 23, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
I feel like TLJ does open up some interesting ideas, but that movie itself and now Rise of Skywalker just does absolutely nothing with those ideas.

The only character with any kind of arc is Kylo Ren, but in general, it’s done really poorly, so it’s hard to care about. And the movies are constantly ruining other characters, which makes it double plus hard to give a crap.

Edit; they also put actual plot point in.... Fortnite?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:41:35 AM by kingv »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4615 on: December 23, 2019, 12:07:52 PM »
I like the idea that Rey is palatine's granddaughter but in no way does her line deserve to succeed the Skywalker's.

technically the palpatine line is the skywalker line

Uncle

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4616 on: December 23, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

technically the palpatine line is the skywalker line

(Image removed from quote.)

that at least can be interpreted as a visual metaphor rather than the stupid shit they are clearly intending that to be

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4617 on: December 23, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
Do you think back in the 3rd century as new books of the Bible were being released, people were having similar reactions as they are to Star Wars?

"WTF, now Jesus can walk on water in this one?" "His mother is a virgin now?!"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4618 on: December 23, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
first corinthians is just a bunch of wheel spinning, there was literally no reason for paul to go to canto bight
Uncle

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4619 on: December 23, 2019, 01:17:28 PM »
back in the 3rd century as new books of the Bible were being released...
:larry