Author Topic: Yes bécane! - The Other Bore Biker Daddies (Tour de France, brehs)  (Read 10908 times)

Kara

• GOOGLE MURRAY BOOKCHIN (this is a meme, don't google murray bookchin)
Re: Yes bécane! - The Other Bore Biker Daddies
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2019, 10:35:23 AM »
Team Sky to become Team Ineos, possibly with even more budget.
Direct Énergie rumored to get a sponsorship from French Big Oil company Total.

Is this green washing ?

I'm glad les boys are on the state oil company gravy train now. Y'all did it. :tocry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whenever their Twitter account posts something I still don't recognize the uniform. :lol

Having a chemical conglomerate feels like a moral upgrade over being in Murdoch's bosom but probably isn't.

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2019, 04:36:43 AM »
There's talk of BIG MONEY and BIG TRANSFERS around with Total now in the fray, latest rumors are Kristoff and Alaphilippe. I'm a little concerned that we'll see once more a top French rider suddenly plateau and underperform after he gets his top contract with a French team. I don't know if it's complacency, management issues, skewed perception or something else but it never really pans out optimally.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2019, 03:48:30 AM »
Démare had his first win of the season on the Giro, in a stage where most of the contenders were involved in a crash in the last km.  :-\
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2019, 04:18:17 AM »
There's talk of BIG MONEY and BIG TRANSFERS around with Total now in the fray, latest rumors are Kristoff and Alaphilippe. I'm a little concerned that we'll see once more a top French rider suddenly plateau and underperform after he gets his top contract with a French team. I don't know if it's complacency, management issues, skewed perception or something else but it never really pans out optimally.

The stereotype outside France is that the training there is 20 years behind the times. (Bardet having to travel to Switzerland to get a power meter is the oft mentioned anecdote.) No idea if that's true or not, but I like to think it is a little (because I like that more than Sky marginal doping baloney).

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2019, 04:50:08 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be a stereotypical baguette holding snob making a gallant but hopeless stand against doping but considering what "top of the line training regime" entailed in the last three decades...

Another glaring unavoidable issue is that the Tour is really the only metric that counts, no matter how absurd. I'm not sure Alaphilippe would benefit from being forced to plan his season around that and be judged by his performance there or his "inability" to be a contender.

Oh well... Hopefully we can avoid a Team Ineos parade.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2019, 05:08:44 AM »
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/campenaerts-hits-back-at-wiggins-suggestion-that-he-should-swap-teams/

:lol :dead

Daniel Friebe on the Cycling Podcast also expressed his belief, following the signing of new (British IIRC) staff that Barhain-Merida will probably downsize the remains of its Italian core.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2019, 10:10:47 AM »
Roglic as the top GC contender of the Giro, a new pink jersey leader and a Barhain staff member investigated by the UCI for links to the doping doctor at the center of the recent Austrian scandal... Slovenia has really boomed at the top of the cycling game yesterday.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »
After half a Giro of heightened criticism at how flat the race was (up to the point that some riders and journalists were concerned that it actually messed with the form and conditioning of favorites), fireworks finally started for good today. S.Yates was the biggest loser, he sorta bonked. Lopes had a bad day too though a mechanical didn't help. Zakarin (who won the stage), Mollema, Carapaz and Landa were the biggest winners and took back time to Roglic. Nibali followed in the Slovenian wheel without too much issue. A lot of GC riders apparently look spent so who knows if they'll be able to keep up but it is shaping up well for an exciting finale.

Edit : And Nibali is trying really hard to psych out Roglic by moaning incessantly about his passivity.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:37:06 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »
If Froome were Kenyan-Kenyan and named something like Chris Frumchotui, he would've been the darling of this forum for at least a couple of years.

:lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's maybe some truth to that.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2356100#p2356100
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2019, 06:31:10 PM »
The culture wars reached cycling. :noooo

Probably the last place where I expected a Ben Shapiro reference.  :doge

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »
I took a read at The Clinic over there and was mildly surprised to see the motor doping thread has been, for all intents and purposes, dead since last Tour after being all the craze for a couple of years. I guess the lack of any actual scrap to latch to or the lack of more bold claims by dubious insiders killed it somewhat.

Not sure I'm too sad about it though it's bound to happen in major pro races at one point.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2019, 03:18:11 PM »
Great ride by Carapaz today to take the pink jersey. The favorites group was a bit lightheaded in giving too much leash (or unable to pursue), it's not clear Roglic or Nibali are in total control here, Roglic seemed weirdly unconcerned on the finish line as Nibali was sprinting for bonus seconds... As someone on the CN forums said Roglic's confidence is either 0% or 100% judging on how the stage was raced. Yates had a better day, so did Lopes (pretty weak attacks tho), Majka kept up, Zakarin sunk and Landa might be expected to be a superdom... Again. :lol
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:24:00 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2019, 04:11:01 AM »
Also Colombian team Manzana Postobon was dissolved afterone too many doping case involving its riders.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2019, 03:41:55 AM »
Is there many other sports where a coach having to take a piss will serve extensive media coverage as a major game fact ? :lol

Roglic had a bad Sunday, suffering a mechanical in the last stretch of the stage and being forced to change bikes with his teammate Tolhoek because the team car was right at this moment stopped so that the DS could answer the call of nature. It was impossible to swap bikes beyond that because the racing went hectic upfront and Roglic crashed as he was trying to bridge the gap, relinquishing 40 second to Carapaz and Nibali.

There's speculation that Roglic picked form too early and is starting to fade. It's also clear he is impaired by the lack of support as his domestiques are not quite up to the task.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2019, 04:49:37 AM »
Interesting bit of trivia in today's Cycling Podcast : Valerio Conti, who was on top of GC several days earlier in that Giro, is the first rider born in Rome to wear the pink jersey. Danilo di Luca in 2007 was the first "southern" born Giro winner (if Abruzzes counts as southern), since then joined by Sicilian born Vincenzo Nibali.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
Another good eventful stage despite the backup route but the gaps weren't as dramatic as they could have been ultimately. Lopez bonked at the end and lost a handful of seconds in the last kilometers, it's hard to imagine he can contend despite a very strong show of force by Astana. At this point Carapaz or Nibali look like the most probable winners, especially since they have the strongest teams besides the Kazakhs on top of being the strongest riders.

Ciccone took the stage in flamboyant fashion as the strongest man of a major breakaway that went up the road a few kilometers in.

Edit : Lopez had apparently the fastest climb on the Mortirolo

http://www.climbing-records.com/2019/05/migul-angel-lopez-fastest-on-mortirolo.html?m=1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:58:08 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »
VK, just wanted to say that while I don't care for the Giro I'm really appreciating the updates. :respect

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2019, 04:16:32 AM »
VK, just wanted to say that while I don't care for the Giro I'm really appreciating the updates. :respect

:preach I usually only get into a fever for the Tour but things lined up well this year with the Giro being broadcasted live, free and easily streamable plus my planning allowing it to have stages as background noise. It is definitely a pleasing race to follow as no team is so ridiculously strong they can hammer out opposition just by tempo.

Carapaz is going to Team Ineos and that's the worst kept secret it seems. It made the rounds yesterday that he was approached by another team. He's managed by an agent who has many South American riders and over half a dozen clients at Ineos. That agent had a meeting a few days ago with Dave Brailsford and a famous talent scout specialized in South America.
It's not confirmed but it's all been reported as direct as it could be short of making an affirmative statement.

At any rate, Movistar has a whole swath of riders with contracts ending soon and probably couldn't afford to keep a Giro-winning Carapaz on top of Valverde, Landa and Quintana. The Spanish team is notoriously cagey about any transfer talk but it's already been rumoured that Quintana may have avenues elsewhere (Arkea Samsic). Valverde expected to stay put, because he's as much family / prop that you could be for a star rider. As for everyone's favourite cycling Iago, Landa, who knows what dark scheme he's thinking of anyway.

La Gazzetta Dello Sport got dragged a bit for publishing an article insinuating some very dark speculation after Roglic's discarded bike was nowhere to be found on Jumbo Visma's car following the stage he had a mechanical in and took Tolhoek's one. He himself was offered a functional bicycle by Movistar second car, so that's where the missing contraption was but that only became clear the following day.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2019, 06:55:08 AM »
Also quite a shock to see Movistar tactics™ being effective.
They still have time to jinx it tho.
They're leading the team classification (again) so there's that.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2019, 02:44:33 AM »
Frenchman Nans Peters won the bike race yesterday, which got the TV commentators up to cringy heights which in turn rolled my eyes at the back of the skull. But the AG2R rider was indeed the strongest of a chaotic breakaway despite being composed of strong raiders like Jungels (who had a bit of a relative stinker again... Bypassing classics for the Giro wasn't the best idea), Formolo or De Gendt. Peters extracted in the final kilometers and quickly put a minute he never lost. Chaves chased and finished second : He's not back to his rising star status of a couple of years back but that's encouraging.
First AG2R stage win on the Giro since 2011 IIRC. They had a meager year so far, it's their first World Tour success this season.

Landa squeezed an attack just before the finish and he took 19 seconds to Nibali (who also lost 7" to Carapaz). Baby gains but it's weird Nibali couldn't follow. Maybe a day without and he's lucky there was no earlier attacks.

Today supposedly a stage for the last two remaining sprinters, Ackermann and Démare, for the best sprinter jersey.

On the transfer front, Carapaz's agent is adamant that several offers are/were on the table including Arkea Samsic (again !) but common wisdom is that the move to Ineos is done and settled. Ineos would also keep all its high profile riders next season (Froome, Thomas, Kwiat, Bernal).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2019, 10:07:11 AM »
What just happened? Somebody destroyed a bike in front of break:D

I was only listening to RAI coverage and they were talking about some crazy guy throwing stuff.
I could not see what happened, fortunately nobody got hurt.

EDIT: it has just been reported by RAI that, apparently, he was a bit inebriated and wanted to participate in today's stage, he was obbiously denied that, so he lost his marbles

Wiggins is wild

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2360638#p2360638
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55:23 AM »
What the fuck Groupama-FDJ :hhh  :snoop

After letting a three man break forward -a guarantee that Ackermann wouldn't be able to take the sprint jersey from Démare- that Bora (and Israel Cycling + Quick Step) didn't chase efficiently they decided to suddenly roll it back with 2km left for a bunch sprint just at the moment the break seemed it would make it on knife's edge (It sort of did, Cima won narrowly). Ackermann takes second place, Démare is 7th or 8th and lose the sprinting jersey, most definitely for good.

What a cock up, Jesus.

The Directeur Sportif was as surprised and pissed as anyone behind the screen. The strategy this morning was to let a break take the stage to protect the jersey, and to sprint defensively and let Bora take responsibility if need be so one of the riders (Démare himself or a road captain) fucked that up.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2019, 03:56:36 AM »
It would seem that the Giro Race Radio was inaccurate in giving gaps yesterday, which may account for some of the tactics being off pace, the bunch thought the breakaway was closer for a lot of the final stretch.

No ITT in the upcoming Tour. Watch Team Ineos savage the race and (French) climbers anyway.

Edit : Misunderstood, there's one short ITT with hills.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:33:23 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »
Esteban Chaves winning the stage like a boss.  :mods
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »
esteban chaves parents :dead

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
It's do or die tomorrow with the last stage & mountains before the ITT. Nibali needs to at least take a minute or 90 seconds on Carapaz, others behind him even more. It could happen but Carapaz looked strong throughout.

People already having Monday Morning Directeur Sportif Insights with a debate that Nibali maybe was too focused on Roglic to mark Carapaz who soared to victory in stage 14 with almost two minutes on the Italian. But to be fair, who was really paying attention to Carapaz and considered him a contender ? It seems absurd to say this about a guy who managed to finish fourth in the GC to that race before but it is at least partially true.

Anyway it was a pleasing race to follow because it wasn't strangled by the top teams but at the risk of sounding smug... That's the happy result of lower attractivity and competition. The Tour is a victim of its success in that way.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
Planned my route for tomorrow. First time riding my bike this year. Gonna take it easy and just ride for around 80km.
 Mostly flat roads, but the weather is going to be nice and I will probably stop for a glass of wine on the way.   8)

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2019, 06:42:45 AM »
Nibali up to GOB levels of illusion and psyching out opponents : his latest interview for RAI / Gazzetta is about how Landa is the strongest and implying Carapaz shouldn't rely on him today.

Edit : Zakarin in the break, now that's entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 07:24:17 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2019, 08:34:06 AM »
Monster tempo by Astana in the second of the five climbs today and everything is already down to the big guys. Nibali and Roglic got dropped by Lopez, Landa and Carapaz but bridged back on the descent. There's no denying the latter three looks like the strongest at that point.

Zakarin fumbled in the descent. Sivakov (the Franco-Russian rider as French commentators insist, though to be fair he does consider himself French despite running Russian for next Olympics) is also quite good. Another monster rider in Ineos :/ . Rumors that Lopez may be headed to Ineos, apparently, because I guess the deck is never too stacked in pro sports.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
Rest of the tappa underdelivered a bit but that's often the case for those "ultimate chance to win" stages at the very tail end. After pushing so hard the pace went down enough that most of the big names managed to join back. Crashes and outside circumstances were the most notable thing : Zakarin, Majka and most importantly Lopez crashed... Seemingly because of a spectator for the Colombian, who was pissed enough to slap the guy. He'll maybe get a penalty for that and lost some time on Sivakov, white jersey still in play ? Roglic was pushed by a spectator for long seconds and didn't gesture the guy to stop. The Slovenian couldn't keep up when Landa, Carapaz and Nibali pushed hard in the finish despite throwing his all into it : he basically towed the rest of the GC guys for 2km only to lose single seconds to them still. Carapaz tried to gift Landa the win but Bilbao was the strongest to take his second stage win. But seeing the Maillot Rose working hard at the front was class, not gonna lie.

Landa is on the GC podium but I'd imagine Roglic is expected to claw that back in the ITT tomorrow.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
Roglic slapped with a 10 seconds penalty for that fan push.
Lopez is probably discussed by judges.

Alaphilippe renewed for 2 years at Quick Step
Zakarin rumoured at CCC.

I think Carapaz just likes grimacing for no reason

Perhaps he trains with Voekler in the offseason?

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2361513#p2361513

Scott would have done better with Nieve for GC

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34601&p=2361390&hilit=Nieve#p2361390

:dead
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2019, 08:52:17 AM »
About today's ITT...

i put 500$ on campenaarts x 1.75, easy money.

YIKES

:yikes :dead

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2361876#p2361876
ὕβρις

Potato

« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »
Going to ride to work in the morning. First ride for about 4 weeks and it's freezing at the moment. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done.
Spud

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »
According to the Gazzetta, Carapaz will go from his current 150k€ / year Movistar contract to a 1,5m€ / year one at Ineos. Movistar goofed up with keeping his salary up to date...

Rumors that Jumbo Visma is interested in Kittel... And that Katusha may fold.

Team Dimension Data is having an annus horribilis.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2019, 07:23:27 AM »
Big conservative money rumors :

Dave Brailsford to perhaps be promoted to manage the performance of all the sporting endeavours of Ineos billionaire boss (that include an America's Cup team and perhaps soon the OGC Nice football club).

Rod Ellingworth was earmarked to replace him but he left shortly after the team changed sponsors to Barhain-Merida. Barhain also has a partnership with McLaren now that could get upgraded to a main sponsorship or so it's told.

Michelton-Scott might also get a main or second sponsor from Colombia.

Most of the Giro 2019 top 10 riders will probably not be at the Tour, with Nibali and Roglic now reported hesitant to features. S.Yates on the other might end up doing it to support his brother.

Probably a lot of movement at DQS, like every year, with Alaphilippe moving up the hierarchy they'll probably have the usual brutal turnover imposed by their relatively limited budget. People expect Viviani and Mas to go to richer pastures at the very least
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2019, 12:41:40 AM »
i can't let my man vom hanging so i'll share my quick thoughts on the giro, which i was behind on by about a day late for each stage, hence why i was absent during the thread (thanks whoever was ddosing tiz-cycling :maf). on one hand, having an underdog and the first ecuadorian to win a tour is fucking exciting but on the other hand, the cancellation of gavia and an entire stage being rerouted due to the starting town not having the means to host because of funding caused by municipal problems really hampered the latter half. the whole point of the giro is that once the climbing starts, it never stops. but the little bits of racing we saw were hella exciting, so i guess there's that?

and i wasn't aware of the tour's route this year and if nairo doesn't secure a win, or at the very least a podium spot, then his days are numbered. so that leads me to my prediction: this year's tour was designed for the colombians. this one is a bit easier to predict but sagan isn't going to be wearing the green. his season is bothced due to being ill during the critical training block of the program so it's an uphill battle for him until maybe the nationals. he won't be reaching his peak this season
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:20:44 AM by TEEEPO »

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2019, 04:28:37 AM »
As I understand it, it's the whole first third or half of the Giro that was redesigned at the last minute because of the Grand Départ town having to be changed. It's also a pity Dumoulin didn't finish, Bernal didn't show up and Roglic lost his doms but that's life.
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
froome is out with a broken femur  :o

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
froome blowing his nose during a descent on a gusty day is the cause of him crashing into a wall at 60kmph. at those speeds, he'd be lucky to only have a broken femur. let's just hope any additional injuries are below the neck

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:01:59 PM by TEEEPO »

BisMarckie

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
It‘s easy to hate on Froome and Team Sky in general, but I hope he will be a ble to recover soon.
The tone of the comments to this news has been incredibly vile.

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2019, 05:54:12 PM »
It‘s easy to hate on Froome and Team Sky in general, but I hope he will be a ble to recover soon.
The tone of the comments to this news has been incredibly vile.

I haven't seen the comments but I can imagine. It's a brutal injury, not something to cheer on. Without getting all fair play up this bitch, I'd rather see the performers I don't like get beaten on the field.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
G.Thomas fell and had to forfeit his Tour de Suisse participation. He needs to pass exams to see if he'll race the TdF.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2019, 03:09:32 AM »
Warren Barguil will wear the Tricolore jersey on the Tour.
 :checkit
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
Fuglsang crashing on first stage.  :goty2
FDJ going a great TTT.  :checkit
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
Re: Yes bécane! - The Other Bore Biker Daddies (Tour de France, brehs)
« Reply #346 on: July 12, 2019, 01:44:17 AM »
carapaz to join ineos in 2020
 :shaking

Kara

« Reply #347 on: July 12, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »
Pinot is top 10? :gladbron

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck

Kara

« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2019, 02:43:37 AM »
 :mindblown

Alaphilippe in first and Pinot in third. :checkit

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »
De Gendt get a win, Lotto Soudal has a good Tour so far with Wellens too, Quick Step obviously delighted too (maybe that Merckx spirit floating), French guy in yellow on the 14th of July, another one possibly contending for GC virtually ahead... Hopefully Bardet and Barguil can light some fireworks in high mountains.

Don't know what lies ahead but at least for once people cannot complain the first week was a bore ? Though maybe has a little to do with Froome and Dumoulin not starting.
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »
pinot and the rest of the french gc contenders potentially lost the tour due to an attack initiated by alaphilippe on what was supposed to be a relatively boring sprint stage :lol you can't make this shit up

and i'm very happy for ewan's first tour stage win

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #352 on: July 18, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
rohan dennis dropping out the day before the ITT is quite bizarre given that he was the favorite to win the stage  ???

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #353 on: July 20, 2019, 12:18:29 PM »
After a week/month/year/years of musings about Alaphilippe clearly not being a Tour winner, he's now 2mn ahead after the ITT, some real climbs and in the last third of the race.

:whatsthedeal :larry

I don't want to be that guy but it's gonna be hard not to find it suspect if he wins it.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #354 on: July 20, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »
Buchmann has been a really pleasant surprise. Probably the first German since Ullrich and Klöden who can become a serious gc contender.

We don’t like to talk too much about Ullrich and Klöden nowadays.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #355 on: July 20, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
With athletes now using microdosing to circumvent anti doping legislation, I am under no illusion that any sport is clean. :trumps

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #356 on: July 21, 2019, 01:39:38 AM »
supposedly the same lab that figured out how to test for good ol fashion blood doping has found a foolproof way to test for micro doping but you know, half-lifes and testing protocols that basically favor the illusion of a clean peloton and all

i can't lie, i have serious doubts on a 32 year old alaphilippe coming to gc form but whatever, allez allez allez!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:56:46 AM by TEEEPO »

Kara

« Reply #357 on: July 21, 2019, 02:31:00 AM »
Unlike Froome and Thomas he doesn't exactly have a general classification team around him, either. (Though it's not like the team he's on isn't very rich and very successful.)

He has sooooome palmares so I'm not as pissy about his run this year as I have been about Sky runs in prior years, but I'm also biased because he saved me from a Peter Sagan overall victory in the Tour of California.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #358 on: July 21, 2019, 02:54:17 AM »
imagine, winning three classics and a tour in a single year

i still think he's going to pull a simon yates

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #359 on: July 21, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
looks like this is 51's race to win